Star citizen is on another level in scale and quality!

• 83 results
Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7705 Posts

Quality, that's a good one lol. The little bit of the game that's actually playable is a fucking technical mess

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8856 Posts

Starfield: a release date, by a real studio, not crowd funded

SC: A crowd funded game, 8 years late, that is still collecting $13 million/year from new funding, not even in Alpha, no release date.

BRO - REALLY????

@pelvist said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@pelvist said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@pelvist said:

The game left pre-alpha years ago, a game cant be in testing and be in pre-alpha the pre means before the alpha which is a testing phase. You never played it to begin with but you do you, ill continue to enjoy it because I can.

the game accounced in 2012. where is actual game release date?

where is a single gameplay footage of Squadron 42 they claim it as single player campaign?

the fact that this game doesnot exist and is never coming out. in 2025 you will be playing alpha version.

Currently playing Alpha, really enjoying it.

Why are you asking me about SQ42 this is about SC.

The game exists, iv been playing it, with the constant flow of new stuff is being added ill still enjoy it in 2025, alpha or not.

Sorry for not liking only the 5 games you like, sorry not sorry. Grow the **** up.

because SQ42 is single payer campaign of SC. it was only thing I was interested in it until I gave up.

the actual star citizen nor SQ42 is ever releasing at all. keep playing beta version my friend.

Starfield will completely destroy this game next year.

Funny you mention Starfield, a game at least 8 year in dev with still no alpha or even any gameplay shown. You made a thread listing all the things you can (and cant) do in Starfield not that long ago, you can already do those things in the SC alpha, go figure.

SC Alpha > Starfield.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Are they still asking for more money and selling ships for thousends of dollars ?

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#54 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts
@dabear said:

SC: A crowd funded game, 8 years late, that is still collecting $13 million/year from new funding, not even in Alpha, no release date.

BRO - REALLY????

SC played now in alpha by millions, great game even in early state. Taking longer to develop than anticipated due to increase in scope as a result of increase in funds.

Starfield, Bethesda game, will likely release in alpha state and stay in alpha state. 8 years in dev no alpha and no gameplay except a 10 second video of man in a shuttle.

Really, bro!!!

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 dabear

@pelvist said:
@dabear said:

BRO - REALLY????

SC played now in alpha by millions, great game even in early state. Taking longer to develop than anticipated due to increase in scope as a result of increase in funds.

Starfield, Bethesda game, will likely release in alpha state and stay in alpha state. 8 years in dev no alpha and no gameplay except a 10 second video of man in a shuttle.

Really, bro!!!

LOL.

Star Citizen is vaporware, Starfield is a real game. Long after Starfield is out, and it's sold millions, you will still be talking about how "when Star Citizen is released, it will be great!"

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#56 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19553 Posts

Star Citizen is definitely on another level of scale and quality when it comes to scamming.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 pelvist

@dabear said:
@pelvist said:
@dabear said:

BRO - REALLY????

Really, bro!!!

LOL.

Star Citizen is vaporware, Starfield is a real game. Long after Starfield is out, and it's sold millions, you will still be talking about how "when Star Citizen is released, it will be great!"

Ill likely still be talking about how much fun im having in Star Citizen despite the release stage its in. You mad?

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 dabear

@pelvist said:
@dabear said:
@pelvist said:
@dabear said:

BRO - REALLY????

Really, bro!!!

LOL.

Ill likely still be talking about how much fun im having in Star Citizen despite the release stage its in. You mad?

If I appear "mad", it is because a lot of people "judging by the lawsuits", feel like they have been ripped off by essentially a Ponzi scheme; where Chris Roberts is the new Berry Madoff.

I just don't understand how a game can be almost 8 years late, suck $350 million from the consumers, and someone can rationally defend it. For heaven's sake, people paid $100s to "buy ships" that they can't even access.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 pelvist

@dabear said:
@pelvist said:
@dabear said:
@pelvist said:
@dabear said:

BRO - REALLY????

Really, bro!!!

LOL.

If I appear "mad", it is because a lot of people "judging by the lawsuits", feel like they have been ripped off by essentially a Ponzi scheme; where Chris Roberts is the new Berry Madoff.

I just don't understand how a game can be almost 8 years late, suck $350 million from the consumers, and someone can rationally defend it. For heaven's sake, people paid $100s to "buy ships" that they can't even access.

I'm defending my enjoyment of the game, I'm not happy about how long its taking either but I can look ahead at what's coming without being an NPC and calling it a scam, especially since its already delivered for me and the people that carry on playing the Alpha. If anything, I feel like I'm the one scamming Chris Roberts with the amount of time iv put into the game, the amount I'm sure ill put into it in the future and having only paid ~£30 for it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#60  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24926 Posts
@pelvist said:

I'm defending my enjoyment of the game, I'm not happy about how long its taking either but I can look ahead at what's coming without being an NPC and calling it a scam, especially since its already delivered for me and the people that carry on playing the Alpha. If anything, I feel like I'm the one scamming Chris Roberts with the amount of time iv put into the game, the amount I'm sure ill put into it in the future and having only paid ~£30 for it.

LOL you are enjoying pre alpha version of game that doesnot exist neither its in development.

No star citizen and squadron 42 is in development. WHERE is SQ42 gameplaay footage?? where is Single player campaign??

Yes Starfield will be out, after 5 6 years you will be playing pre alpha version.

chris roberts charge 1000 of $ for a fictional ships. are you kidding me?? I can rather buy a real car or invest in business instead of buying a fictional ships lol.

Legacy99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#61 Legacy99
Member since 2021 • 13 Posts

This game is never coming out, one of the biggest cons going.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8233 Posts

Still don't understand what you do in this game. Does it have a story? What are the missions?

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 pelvist

@ghosts4ever said:
@pelvist said:

LOL you are enjoying pre alpha version of game that doesnot exist neither its in development.

No star citizen and squadron 42 is in development. WHERE is SQ42 gameplaay footage?? where is Single player campaign??

Yes Starfield will be out, after 5 6 years you will be playing pre alpha version.

chris roberts charge 1000 of $ for a fictional ships. are you kidding me?? I can rather buy a real car or invest in business instead of buying a fictional ships lol.

Game exists, in alpha right now. You know this stop acting dumb.

SQ42 has had multiple gameplay footage now, not that it would alter my enjoyment of Star Citizen (a different game).

After 5, 6 years ill likely be still enjoying SC weather its in alpha or beta 3009.2. Starfield I may or may not enjoy for a day or two, but i dont know yet since crystal ball obviously isn't as good as yours.

Chris Roberts has options for dumb people that have more money than sense to pay $1000+ for ships. I payed ~£30 and currently have most of them.

Gosh that must really sting knowing I like something you dont.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#64 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9400 Posts

Another scale for sure. I think it's neat they are designing the engine from the ground up to have accurate positioning at such great distances. That requires some thicc data types.

Still not gonna **** with it until there is some kind of non-alpha release.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

See guys, this is the true graphics king. most technically advanced game ever.

The Crysis of the '20s

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@Mozelleple112: Most technically advanced game that also the most boring and drab game visually you'll see for years to come.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3028 Posts

I'll never give up hope for star citizen. The game keeps on looking better and better.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@vfighter: I think the realism looks awesome. the attention to detail is second to none. No Man's Sky is an example of crap design, low-budget Star Citizen.

flipclic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By flipclic
Member since 2004 • 271 Posts

"nO GaMepLaY LuL"

Loading Video...

Loading Video...
Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16542 Posts

star citizen is definitely a hardcore con and pretty much you should be an idiot to support such a development, BUT what I realized is in my life is that the whole world is pretty much full of idiots, otherwise scams like apple, and bitcoin wouldn't even exist. Apple has always produced trash hardware and software and almost went bankrupt in 98. But MS intentionally bailed them out, probably to prevent anti trust and the JD from coming after them for having a monopoly. Even after apple survived, their trash OS, has never been as good as windows, their trash products have never been as good as others on the market yet they are still considered premier products. Why is that the case? God knows...but for sure there is a sense that marketing and brainwashing are the reasons. They earned so much money conning people with their inferior product, that at some point apple started to actually build good products. Anybody earning that much money should be expected to put out good stuff.

Bitcoin is another scam but on another level. Its worthless junk, that has somehow convinced people that one imaginary digital piece of data is worth $60,000 US. I consider it a legit ponzi scheme, and amazed the government didn't crack down on this racketeering nonsense all this time. Sure there are good reasons for it to exist such as decentralization, and tax evasion, anonymity, but there is no reason why 1 bitcoin should be worth $60,000. Many other coins can be used and they are far cheaper, such as the doge coin, which can actually be used as real currency and have all the benefit of digital currency. So why exactly is bitcoin valued at $60,000? Because there are enough dumbass people out there who think it is worth that much. Just like apple, just like bitcoin, star citizen is riding high off the idiots. All hail the idiots, as long as you realize this, you can make money.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56130 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: Be careful NOT to use that R word around these parks. Mods don't take too kindly on that R word pal. Be mindful next time.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16542 Posts

@davillain-: noted, I replaced all the R words with idiots

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56130 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@davillain-: noted, I replaced all the R words with idiots

flipclic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 flipclic

Great Scam, Just like Bitcoin!

Loading Video...

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#75 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

@flipclic said:

Great Scam, Just like Bitcoin!

Loading Video...

Speaking of bitcoin, I can't believe digital rights groups like Fight for the Future are defending that.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#76 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Not sure what was more entertaining, seeing this get propped up for generations or the amount of times we saw "Agent" get promoted from PS fans. Agent was confirmed to be cancelled at least.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: Was Agent supposed to be a PS exclusive?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#78 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@vfighter said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: Was Agent supposed to be a PS exclusive?

Yup, and we would see it on annual "game lists" for hyped exclusives. Vaporware.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#79 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

It looks amazing. Despite the fact it won't be finished any time soon, it's a game i would buy day one if it was released to 9th gen consoles. I love how seamless and immersive everything looks in Star Citizen.

FantasyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 FantasyGamer
Member since 2015 • 517 Posts

@davillain- said:
@sakaixx said:

Surprisingly people been posting they played the alpha (or beta, whatever) and said it feels great and you can travel to cities and space stations. Maybe the game does exist but also probably will never be released if the funding never stops.

Looks like my future grandchild will have the honor of playing this game instead of me it seems😔 But that's okay, I was once told "plant the seeds for tomorrow" and give something for the next-generation and so with that, I leave my gaming legacy behind for the youth🙂

XD

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6885 Posts

It should be it's been in development for about 10 years.

flipclic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 flipclic
Loading Video...

EnergyAbsorber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 EnergyAbsorber
Member since 2005 • 5112 Posts

It will be interesting to see what the spec requirements will be if/when this game eventually does come out.

mane_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By mane_basic
Member since 2002 • 537 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

I know I will catch a lot of flack for this, but I'm a big fan of the game. Probably has to do with the fact I didn't dump hundreds of dollars (let alone thousands) into it so the risk for me is low, but even in its alpha build I enjoy it more than pretty much all AAA games.

Hell, I've played more Star Citizen in the last week than I have Far Cry 6.

As for release date, well, yeah that pisses me off. Would be nice to have Squadron 42 at this point and a release date for Star Citizen itself

@hardwenzen said:

Who seriously cares about SC at this point? Unless you've already invested a ton of money into it (very stupid if you ask me), there is no reason to care about a title that won't come out of beta by 2030.

I care. Sort of. I just really like simulations, especially space sims and flight sims.

I mean I still hope it comes out, but I've more or less given up expecting or demanding a release date...it's done when it is done.

Star Citizen is none the less one of the most impressive pieces of game software I have ever seen. It might not be finished, but good god it's amazing.

But as I said above, it'd be nice if we got a finished product in the next couple years. I don't pay for them to develop and develop alone; I pay because I want a finished product at some point.

i have read the rest of the comments yet but you have said just what i would have said. i don't really play it a lot just jump in and fly around every update to see the tech they have built.. So let say it never truly comes out and people stop buying ships the company goes bankrupt all that tech isn't going to go away. they are rendering whole planets and their physics engine is pretty sick. In truth the only big thing needed is for their server plan to work when it comes online. right now their servers codes are a mess because it came from the cryengine 3 i think it is