Square Enix says there are no plans for FFVII Remake for other platforms

• 127 results
#1 Posted by Calvincfb (1590 posts) -

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/07/11/final-fantasy-7-remake-xbox-release-date-video-was-an-internal-mistake-by-microsoft?sf105150045=1

"In a statement to IGN, Square Enix said 'As previously announced, Final Fantasy VII Remake will be released for the PlayStation 4 on March 3rd 2020. We have no plans for other platforms.'"

One has to wonder how much Sony is paying them for this if true.

#2 Posted by N64DD (11914 posts) -
@calvincfb said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/07/11/final-fantasy-7-remake-xbox-release-date-video-was-an-internal-mistake-by-microsoft?sf105150045=1

"In a statement to IGN, Square Enix said 'As previously announced, Final Fantasy VII Remake will be released for the PlayStation 4 on March 3rd 2020. We have no plans for other platforms.'"

One has to wonder how much Sony is paying them for this if true.

If it sells well it'll come to steam and xbox. They like money.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#3 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4740 posts) -

LOL, looks like Xbox was trying to port beg through one of their official channels.

"B-b-b-b-but Xbox isn't jealous of Playstation!" Come on, now.

#4 Posted by Pedro (34907 posts) -

That's cute Square Enix. Then let Sony tag the game as Only on PlayStation. :)

#5 Posted by Fedor (5142 posts) -

They're under NDA.

#6 Posted by Archangel3371 (28120 posts) -

Yeah they have “no plans”. Bull****. Please tell me no one actually believes this. 🤣

#7 Posted by N64DD (11914 posts) -
@Archangel3371 said:

Yeah they have “no plans”. Bull****. Please tell me no one actually believes this. 🤣

Nah, they don't want to make profits. LOL. They'll do what they did with XII: Zodiac age...it'll be the better version.

#8 Posted by SecretPolice (35327 posts) -

@n64dd: "They like money."

:P

#9 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4740 posts) -
@n64dd said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Nah, they don't want to make profits. LOL. They'll do what they did with XII: Zodiac age...it'll be the better version.

What profits? Doing a port only to get an 85/15 split in the countries that Xbox is actually stronger in? I wouldn't even waste the time. Xgoons said they never cared for games like this, there's no use in whining now.

#10 Posted by N64DD (11914 posts) -
@SecretPolice said:

You like money and sex? man you're freaking me out

#11 Posted by SecretPolice (35327 posts) -

@n64dd said:
@SecretPolice said:

You like money and sex? man you're freaking me out

lol

#12 Posted by Pedro (34907 posts) -

Still waiting for that "Only on PlayStation" tag.

#13 Posted by Random_Matt (4244 posts) -
@BenjaminBanklin said:

LOL, looks like Xbox was trying to port beg through one of their official channels.

"B-b-b-b-but Xbox isn't jealous of Playstation!" Come on, now.

Think she said the marketing team messed up.

#14 Posted by Random_Matt (4244 posts) -

Anyway, the game would have to be literally one of the best games ever made for me to even consider picking it up.

#15 Edited by Calvincfb (1590 posts) -

I'm going to be honest here. I think the game can sell well on PC and on a future, more capable Switch, but on xbox? Not at all. It's been clear for some time now that Xbox gamers don't care about JRPG or japanese games for that matter. Square should release this on PC and on the Next Switch. Including Xbox would be a waste of resources, there is a reason why most japanese devs make games available everywhere but xbox.

#16 Posted by Pedro (34907 posts) -

@calvincfb said:

I'm going to be honest here. I think the game can sell well on PC and on a future, more capable Switch, but on xbox? Not at all. It's been clear for some time now that Xbox gamers don't care about JRPG or japanese games for that matter. Square should release this on PC and on the Next Switch. Including Xbox would be a waste of resources, there is a reason why most japanese devs make games available everywhere but xbox.

So in other words, fanboy drivel. LOL

#17 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6793 posts) -

Overrated game. Who cares.

#18 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4740 posts) -
@Pedro said:
@calvincfb said:

Nah, more like truth. Why make this game for the dozen or so people that bought an Xbox One in Japan? That KHIII Xbox port probably cost them money in development, manufacturing and shipping to stores than it was worth. I know in hindsight they probably wished MS would pay them for the port.

#19 Posted by Arkhalipso (2346 posts) -

@Gamerno6666: How is it overrated? It's not even out.

#20 Posted by tormentos (29187 posts) -

@calvincfb said:

Na that is what they say because they don't get those games,in reality you see them like Pedro on this thread port begging.

#21 Posted by Pedro (34907 posts) -

@tormentos said:

Na that is what they say because they don't get those games,in reality you see them like Pedro on this thread port begging.

Begging? You all are so cliche that you repeat nonsense just cause. No one is begging for the game. Stop being a tool all the time and every time.

#22 Edited by Calvincfb (1590 posts) -
@tormentos said:
@calvincfb said:

I wouldn't be so sure, these games sell next to nothing on Xbox, those people seem to only like western games, if square decides to release it on xbox and it sells little there, they'll spout nonsense like "it didn't meet expected sales" lol.

@Pedro is just a troll, you shouldn't take him seriously, it's not worth it, plus he has all systems, so...

#24 Edited by Calvincfb (1590 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:
@calvincfb said:

Nah, more like truth. Why make this game for the dozen or so people that bought an Xbox One in Japan? That KHIII Xbox port probably cost them money in development, manufacturing and shipping to stores than it was worth. I know in hindsight they probably wished MS would pay them for the port.

It's even worst when their Xbox ports are terribly optmized, square doesn't even try. They port like shit for that console, might as well leave it out of it. They don't really market the games for the xbox. they release it and expect it sells well with minimum effort. It's terrible.

#25 Edited by Calvincfb (1590 posts) -

@Arkhalipso said:

He must be mad it's getting a lot of attention and the games he likes isn't praised at all. This is jealousy.

#26 Posted by Pedro (34907 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Geesh. Do you even know what you are talking about? Unreal is multiplatform engine and the rest of stuff you are just making up as you go. This not the generation in which custom hardware can plague development on various platforms. We all know that you get a boner from talking about the Xbone. LOL but at least know what you are talking about. :)

#27 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6793 posts) -

@Arkhalipso said:

@calvincfb said:
@Arkhalipso said:

He must be mad it's getting a lot of attention and the games he likes isn't praised at all. This is jealousy.

Played the original. Didn't like it at all. FF6 was much better. So no hope for this one.

#28 Edited by Calvincfb (1590 posts) -
@Gamerno6666 said:
@Arkhalipso said:

@calvincfb said:
@Arkhalipso said:

Played the original. Didn't like it at all. FF6 was much better. So no hope for this one.

You not liking it doesn't make it overrated. This is another case of "a game I don't like but everyone does, so it's overrated".

#29 Edited by Gamerno6666 (6793 posts) -

@calvincfb said:
@Gamerno6666 said:
@Arkhalipso said:

@calvincfb said:
@Arkhalipso said:

You not liking it doesn't make it overrated. This is another case of "a game I don't like but everyone does, so it's overrated".

It does.

#30 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4740 posts) -
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Geesh. Do you even know what you are talking about? Unreal is multiplatform engine and the rest of stuff you are just making up as you go. This not the generation in which custom hardware can plague development on various platforms. We all know that you get a boner from talking about the Xbone. LOL but at least know what you are talking about. :)

Pedro, a port for a AAA game still needs to be coded and tested and made sure that it works within the confines of the Xbox ecosystem and UI. You don't just dump it, this takes effort. It's not magic. Nice to see you ignored the other cost of materials as well.

Not saying it's not coming to Xbox, there's just nothing there that shows why it would be worth it. Xbox fans are on the typical rollercoaster with this game. You can't talk garbage about the game, then feel rejected when it you find out it may not be coming to your platform of choice... especially for sound financial reasons. Xbox gamers don't typically support games like this, so don't be surprised at the consequences.

#31 Posted by Howmakewood (5925 posts) -

And suddenly plans appear instantly as the timed exclusivity ends

#32 Posted by Calvincfb (1590 posts) -

@Gamerno6666 said:
@calvincfb said:
@Gamerno6666 said:
@Arkhalipso said:

@calvincfb said:
@Arkhalipso said:

It does.

No, it doesn't. Your tastes are not superior to anyone else's. If everyone else likes it but you, the problem lies within you, not with the game.

#33 Posted by Calvincfb (1590 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Pedro, a port for a AAA game still needs to be coded and tested and made sure that it works within the confines of the Xbox ecosystem and UI. You don't just dump it, this takes effort. It's not magic. Nice to see you ignored the other cost of materials as well.

Not saying it's not coming to Xbox, there's just nothing there that shows why it would be worth it. Xbox fans are on the typical rollercoaster with this game. You can't talk garbage about the game, then feel rejected when it you find out it may not be coming to your platform of choice... especially for sound financial reasons. Xbox gamers don't typically support games like this, so don't be surprised at the consequences.

Do not expect the same guy that used to say Next Xbox games would run on Xbox one and xbox one x to understand this.

#34 Edited by DaVillain- (36901 posts) -

Just another reason why I own a PS4....for exclusive games and games that will take a long time to come out for other platforms.

Like @fedor stated above, They are under NDA and SE is simply saying that they're focused on getting the PS4 versions done before focusing on getting the games on other platform is what's applying here. And if you look at the trailers saying "coming first to PS4" rather than "exclusively on PS4" is very telling that its likely going to be on at least one other platform. It'll end up on PC & possibly on Xbox One. (Or Scarlet)

#35 Posted by Pedro (34907 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:

LOL. More evidence that you really don't know what you are talking about. I suggest refraining from things you don't know. :)

You seem to be perpetually confused with the differences between these forums and reality. Learn to separate to two. Understand that the forums are NOT a reflection of gamers and stop taking the things here as fundamental representations.

Why is it that certain faction is so caught up with the SW that they no longer in touch reality?

#36 Posted by Pedro (34907 posts) -

@howmakewood said:

And suddenly plans appear instantly as the timed exclusivity ends

LOL. There is a reason specific games don't have "Only on PlayStation". Its the key to knowing whether or not a game is exclusive for the PS4.

#37 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4740 posts) -
@Pedro said:

LOL. More evidence that you really don't know what you are talking about. I suggest refraining from things you don't know. :)

You seem to be perpetually confused with the differences between these forums and reality. Learn to separate to two. Understand that the forums are NOT a reflection of gamers and stop taking the things here as fundamental representations.

Why is it that certain faction is so caught up with the SW that they no longer in touch reality?

Ah yes, it's that time again. A Pedro shitposting morning.

#38 Posted by Calvincfb (1590 posts) -

@davillain- said:

Just another reason why I own a PS4....for exclusive games and games that will take a long time to come out for other platforms.

Like @fedor stated above, They are under NDA and SE is simply saying that they're focused on getting the PS4 versions done before focusing on getting the games on other platform is what's applying here. And if you look at the trailers saying "coming first to PS4" rather than "exclusively on PS4" is very telling that its likely going to be on at least one other platform. It'll end up on PC & possibly on Xbox One. (Or Scarlet)

I agree, I think it'll end on PC at least. But I still have to wonder how much sony is paying them. Everyone knows this game is THE REMAKE everyone has been asking for more than 10 years.

#39 Posted by Pedro (34907 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Ah yes, it's that time again. A Pedro shitposting morning.

I know you are allergic to the truth. :)

#40 Posted by speedytimsi (965 posts) -

They'll probably release it on Xbox after 5 years.

#41 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2432 posts) -

I'm growing tired of all of this FFVII Remake news. They should stfu and release the damn game already and hope and pray they don't get snuffed out by Cyberpunk 2077 when it releases a month later

#42 Posted by Dark_sageX (3420 posts) -

Obviously not true, but even if it is, who cares? this remake is nothing short of a disappointment, their first mistake was to not make it turn based like the original, the second was making it episodic.

#43 Posted by Calvincfb (1590 posts) -

@Dark_sageX said:

Obviously not true, but even if it is, who cares? this remake is nothing short of a disappointment, their first mistake was to not make it turn based like the original, the second was making it episodic.

A lot of people care.

#44 Posted by lamprey263 (36140 posts) -

That's probably because it will release in Japan first so right now only a Sony version is in development. But I'd imagine game will be like XIII trilogy and XV and release multiplatform worldwide. They first announced game as Playstation launch exclusive so at very least I imagine it has to go somewhere else, maybe PC or Switch if not XB1.

#45 Posted by uninspiredcup (33649 posts) -

Already got FF online, which probably is better, wouldn't tear up about it.

#46 Posted by Archangel3371 (28120 posts) -

It always baffles me how salty some people get or how “concerned” they seem to be about a company’s resources at the thought of a game that they’re going to be able to play on their system of choice getting ported to other systems.

#47 Posted by N64DD (11914 posts) -
@Archangel3371 said:

It always baffles me how salty some people get or how “concerned” they seem to be about a company’s resources at the thought of a game that they’re going to be able to play on their system of choice getting ported to other systems.

Same. I own them all though. *shrugs*

#48 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9987 posts) -

It will come to other platform as third party AAA exclusives are dead unless its JRPG.

and beside its final fantasy/JRPG so i dont care.

#49 Posted by ni6htmare01 (3785 posts) -

We all know is a timed exclusive..

#50 Posted by Calvincfb (1590 posts) -

@Archangel3371 said:

Question: Did you know people can debate about stuff without being salty or concerned about them? A simple yes or no answer will suffice.