Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/07/11/final-fantasy-7-remake-xbox-release-date-video-was-an-internal-mistake-by-microsoft?sf105150045=1

"In a statement to IGN, Square Enix said 'As previously announced, Final Fantasy VII Remake will be released for the PlayStation 4 on March 3rd 2020. We have no plans for other platforms.'"

One has to wonder how much Sony is paying them for this if true.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts
@calvincfb said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/07/11/final-fantasy-7-remake-xbox-release-date-video-was-an-internal-mistake-by-microsoft?sf105150045=1

"In a statement to IGN, Square Enix said 'As previously announced, Final Fantasy VII Remake will be released for the PlayStation 4 on March 3rd 2020. We have no plans for other platforms.'"

One has to wonder how much Sony is paying them for this if true.

If it sells well it'll come to steam and xbox. They like money.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11090 Posts

LOL, looks like Xbox was trying to port beg through one of their official channels.

"B-b-b-b-but Xbox isn't jealous of Playstation!" Come on, now.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

That's cute Square Enix. Then let Sony tag the game as Only on PlayStation. :)

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

They're under NDA.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

Yeah they have “no plans”. Bull****. Please tell me no one actually believes this. ?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 N64DD
@Archangel3371 said:

Yeah they have “no plans”. Bull****. Please tell me no one actually believes this. ?

Nah, they don't want to make profits. LOL. They'll do what they did with XII: Zodiac age...it'll be the better version.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@n64dd: "They like money."

:P

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BenjaminBanklin
@n64dd said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Nah, they don't want to make profits. LOL. They'll do what they did with XII: Zodiac age...it'll be the better version.

What profits? Doing a port only to get an 85/15 split in the countries that Xbox is actually stronger in? I wouldn't even waste the time. Xgoons said they never cared for games like this, there's no use in whining now.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 N64DD
@SecretPolice said:

You like money and sex? man you're freaking me out

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@n64dd said:
@SecretPolice said:

You like money and sex? man you're freaking me out

lol

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pedro

Still waiting for that "Only on PlayStation" tag.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts
@BenjaminBanklin said:

LOL, looks like Xbox was trying to port beg through one of their official channels.

"B-b-b-b-but Xbox isn't jealous of Playstation!" Come on, now.

Think she said the marketing team messed up.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Anyway, the game would have to be literally one of the best games ever made for me to even consider picking it up.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Calvincfb

I'm going to be honest here. I think the game can sell well on PC and on a future, more capable Switch, but on xbox? Not at all. It's been clear for some time now that Xbox gamers don't care about JRPG or japanese games for that matter. Square should release this on PC and on the Next Switch. Including Xbox would be a waste of resources, there is a reason why most japanese devs make games available everywhere but xbox.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pedro

@calvincfb said:

I'm going to be honest here. I think the game can sell well on PC and on a future, more capable Switch, but on xbox? Not at all. It's been clear for some time now that Xbox gamers don't care about JRPG or japanese games for that matter. Square should release this on PC and on the Next Switch. Including Xbox would be a waste of resources, there is a reason why most japanese devs make games available everywhere but xbox.

So in other words, fanboy drivel. LOL

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Overrated game. Who cares.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BenjaminBanklin
@Pedro said:
@calvincfb said:

Nah, more like truth. Why make this game for the dozen or so people that bought an Xbox One in Japan? That KHIII Xbox port probably cost them money in development, manufacturing and shipping to stores than it was worth. I know in hindsight they probably wished MS would pay them for the port.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e83c14458072
deactivated-5e83c14458072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 deactivated-5e83c14458072
Member since 2006 • 2727 Posts

@Gamerno6666: How is it overrated? It's not even out.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@calvincfb said:

Na that is what they say because they don't get those games,in reality you see them like Pedro on this thread port begging.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pedro

@tormentos said:

Na that is what they say because they don't get those games,in reality you see them like Pedro on this thread port begging.

Begging? You all are so cliche that you repeat nonsense just cause. No one is begging for the game. Stop being a tool all the time and every time.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Calvincfb
@tormentos said:
@calvincfb said:

I wouldn't be so sure, these games sell next to nothing on Xbox, those people seem to only like western games, if square decides to release it on xbox and it sells little there, they'll spout nonsense like "it didn't meet expected sales" lol.

@Pedro is just a troll, you shouldn't take him seriously, it's not worth it, plus he has all systems, so...

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Calvincfb

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:
@calvincfb said:

Nah, more like truth. Why make this game for the dozen or so people that bought an Xbox One in Japan? That KHIII Xbox port probably cost them money in development, manufacturing and shipping to stores than it was worth. I know in hindsight they probably wished MS would pay them for the port.

It's even worst when their Xbox ports are terribly optmized, square doesn't even tries, they port like shit for that console, might as well leave it out of it. They don't really market the games for the xbox. they release it and expect it sells well with minimum effort. It's terrible.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Calvincfb

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:
@calvincfb said:

It's even worst when their Xbox ports are terribly optmized, square doesn't even try. They port like shit for that console, might as well leave it out of it. They don't really market the games for the xbox. they release it and expect it sells well with minimum effort. It's terrible.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Calvincfb

@Arkhalipso said:

He must be mad it's getting a lot of attention and the games he likes isn't praised at all. This is jealousy.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Geesh. Do you even know what you are talking about? Unreal is multiplatform engine and the rest of stuff you are just making up as you go. This not the generation in which custom hardware can plague development on various platforms. We all know that you get a boner from talking about the Xbone. LOL but at least know what you are talking about. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@Arkhalipso said:

@calvincfb said:
@Arkhalipso said:

He must be mad it's getting a lot of attention and the games he likes isn't praised at all. This is jealousy.

Played the original. Didn't like it at all. FF6 was much better. So no hope for this one.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Calvincfb
@Gamerno6666 said:
@Arkhalipso said:

@calvincfb said:
@Arkhalipso said:

Played the original. Didn't like it at all. FF6 was much better. So no hope for this one.

You not liking it doesn't make it overrated. This is another case of "a game I don't like but everyone does, so it's overrated".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@calvincfb said:
@Gamerno6666 said:
@Arkhalipso said:

@calvincfb said:
@Arkhalipso said:

You not liking it doesn't make it overrated. This is another case of "a game I don't like but everyone does, so it's overrated".

It does.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BenjaminBanklin
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Geesh. Do you even know what you are talking about? Unreal is multiplatform engine and the rest of stuff you are just making up as you go. This not the generation in which custom hardware can plague development on various platforms. We all know that you get a boner from talking about the Xbone. LOL but at least know what you are talking about. :)

Pedro, a port for a AAA game still needs to be coded and tested and made sure that it works within the confines of the Xbox ecosystem and UI. You don't just dump it, this takes effort. It's not magic. Nice to see you ignored the other cost of materials as well.

Not saying it's not coming to Xbox, there's just nothing there that shows why it would be worth it. Xbox fans are on the typical rollercoaster with this game. You can't talk garbage about the game, then feel rejected when it you find out it may not be coming to your platform of choice... especially for sound financial reasons. Xbox gamers don't typically support games like this, so don't be surprised at the consequences.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

And suddenly plans appear instantly as the timed exclusivity ends

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Calvincfb

@Gamerno6666 said:
@calvincfb said:
@Gamerno6666 said:
@Arkhalipso said:

@calvincfb said:
@Arkhalipso said:

It does.

No, it doesn't. Your tastes are not superior to anyone else's. If everyone else likes it but you, the problem lies within you, not with the game.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Calvincfb

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Pedro, a port for a AAA game still needs to be coded and tested and made sure that it works within the confines of the Xbox ecosystem and UI. You don't just dump it, this takes effort. It's not magic. Nice to see you ignored the other cost of materials as well.

Not saying it's not coming to Xbox, there's just nothing there that shows why it would be worth it. Xbox fans are on the typical rollercoaster with this game. You can't talk garbage about the game, then feel rejected when it you find out it may not be coming to your platform of choice... especially for sound financial reasons. Xbox gamers don't typically support games like this, so don't be surprised at the consequences.

Do not expect the same guy that used to say Next Xbox games would run on Xbox one and xbox one x to understand this.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56105 Posts

Just another reason why I own a PS4....for exclusive games and games that will take a long time to come out for other platforms.

Like @fedor stated above, They are under NDA and SE is simply saying that they're focused on getting the PS4 versions done before focusing on getting the games on other platform is what's applying here. And if you look at the trailers saying "coming first to PS4" rather than "exclusively on PS4" is very telling that its likely going to be on at least one other platform. It'll end up on PC & possibly on Xbox One. (Or Scarlet)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

LOL. More evidence that you really don't know what you are talking about. I suggest refraining from things you don't know. :)

You seem to be perpetually confused with the differences between these forums and reality. Learn to separate to two. Understand that the forums are NOT a reflection of gamers and stop taking the things here as fundamental representations.

Why is it that certain faction is so caught up with the SW that they no longer in touch reality?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro

@howmakewood said:

And suddenly plans appear instantly as the timed exclusivity ends

LOL. There is a reason specific games don't have "Only on PlayStation". Its the key to knowing whether or not a game is exclusive for the PS4.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BenjaminBanklin
@Pedro said:

LOL. More evidence that you really don't know what you are talking about. I suggest refraining from things you don't know. :)

You seem to be perpetually confused with the differences between these forums and reality. Learn to separate to two. Understand that the forums are NOT a reflection of gamers and stop taking the things here as fundamental representations.

Why is it that certain faction is so caught up with the SW that they no longer in touch reality?

Ah yes, it's that time again. A Pedro shitposting morning.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Calvincfb

@davillain- said:

Just another reason why I own a PS4....for exclusive games and games that will take a long time to come out for other platforms.

Like @fedor stated above, They are under NDA and SE is simply saying that they're focused on getting the PS4 versions done before focusing on getting the games on other platform is what's applying here. And if you look at the trailers saying "coming first to PS4" rather than "exclusively on PS4" is very telling that its likely going to be on at least one other platform. It'll end up on PC & possibly on Xbox One. (Or Scarlet)

I agree, I think it'll end on PC at least. But I still have to wonder how much sony is paying them. Everyone knows this game is THE REMAKE everyone has been asking for more than 10 years.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Ah yes, it's that time again. A Pedro shitposting morning.

I know you are allergic to the truth. :)

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

They'll probably release it on Xbox after 5 years.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

I'm growing tired of all of this FFVII Remake news. They should stfu and release the damn game already and hope and pray they don't get snuffed out by Cyberpunk 2077 when it releases a month later

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#42 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

Obviously not true, but even if it is, who cares? this remake is nothing short of a disappointment, their first mistake was to not make it turn based like the original, the second was making it episodic.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Calvincfb

@Dark_sageX said:

Obviously not true, but even if it is, who cares? this remake is nothing short of a disappointment, their first mistake was to not make it turn based like the original, the second was making it episodic.

A lot of people care.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

That's probably because it will release in Japan first so right now only a Sony version is in development. But I'd imagine game will be like XIII trilogy and XV and release multiplatform worldwide. They first announced game as Playstation launch exclusive so at very least I imagine it has to go somewhere else, maybe PC or Switch if not XB1.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#45 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58964 Posts

Already got FF online, which probably is better, wouldn't tear up about it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

It always baffles me how salty some people get or how “concerned” they seem to be about a company’s resources at the thought of a game that they’re going to be able to play on their system of choice getting ported to other systems.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 N64DD
@Archangel3371 said:

It always baffles me how salty some people get or how “concerned” they seem to be about a company’s resources at the thought of a game that they’re going to be able to play on their system of choice getting ported to other systems.

Same. I own them all though. *shrugs*

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#48 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24922 Posts

It will come to other platform as third party AAA exclusives are dead unless its JRPG.

and beside its final fantasy/JRPG so i dont care.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

We all know is a timed exclusive..

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Calvincfb

@Archangel3371 said:

Question: Did you know people can debate about stuff without being salty or concerned about them? A simple yes or no answer will suffice.