Square Enix says there are no plans for FFVII Remake for other platforms

• 127 results
#51 Posted by DaVillain- (36951 posts) -

@calvincfb said:
@davillain- said:

Just another reason why I own a PS4....for exclusive games and games that will take a long time to come out for other platforms.

Like @fedor stated above, They are under NDA and SE is simply saying that they're focused on getting the PS4 versions done before focusing on getting the games on other platform is what's applying here. And if you look at the trailers saying "coming first to PS4" rather than "exclusively on PS4" is very telling that its likely going to be on at least one other platform. It'll end up on PC & possibly on Xbox One. (Or Scarlet)

I agree, I think it'll end on PC at least. But I still have to wonder how much sony is paying them. Everyone knows this game is THE REMAKE everyone has been asking for more than 10 years.

Just like with SFV, it did well for both on PS4 & PC, so it all turn out well for both platform. I also like to see FFVII Remake coming to Switch at the very least but other then that, PS4/PC should be good enough.

#52 Posted by Archangel3371 (28158 posts) -

@calvincfb: Well of course I know that however that still doesn’t negate what I posted.

#53 Edited by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@Archangel3371 said:

@calvincfb: Well of course I know that however that still doesn’t negate what I posted.

Well, prove what you said then, can you do it?

#54 Edited by Archangel3371 (28158 posts) -

@calvincfb: The “proof” is in some of the posts that I see around here. You’re either blind or being purposely ignorant. Which one is it?

#55 Edited by xhawk27 (11310 posts) -

Yeah I believe them. LMFAO

I don't know about Xbox but all the sales from the Switch and PC.

#56 Posted by sealionact (4016 posts) -

@calvincfb: "Everyone"?

#57 Posted by Pedro (34958 posts) -

People really expect this game to run on the Switch?

#58 Posted by tormentos (29198 posts) -

😂😂 Pedro still port begging how sad.

#59 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2441 posts) -

@Pedro said:

That's the part I don't get. We all know it's a timed exclusive but Switch..? C'mon, man. Stop it lol

#60 Edited by DaVillain- (36951 posts) -

@valgaav_219

@Pedro said:

You doubt the Switch capabilities it can't run it? Witcher 3 is coming to Switch and look how that turn out. Never underestimate the Switch, no matter how weak it seems.

#61 Posted by lundy86_4 (53382 posts) -

@fedor said:

They're under NDA.

My thoughts as well.

OT: This definitely could have been a mistake, but there's no doubt in anyone's mind that the game will be multiplat.

#62 Edited by Telekill (8490 posts) -

Playstation exclusive or not, this will be the first Final Fantasy game I'll have bought since X. Not my usual cup of tea but I enjoyed 7... which I basically got as far in the PS1 game as the entire first game of the Remake is supposed to entail.

Have we confirmed if they are keeping the music from the original?

#63 Posted by Sevenizz (3912 posts) -

No worries - I had no plans to buy it anyway.

#64 Posted by ProtossRushX (5442 posts) -

I knew it buy a ps4 if you wanna play ff7 remake :) YAY go playstation go sony have a party its your birthday

#65 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@Telekill said:

Playstation exclusive or not, this will be the first Final Fantasy game I'll have bought since X. Not my usual cup of tea but I enjoyed 7... which I basically got as far in the PS1 game as the entire first game of the Remake is supposed to entail.

Have we confirmed if they are keeping the music from the original?

They are, but rerecorded and orchestrated, the trailers already had a lot of the music and they sound amazing.

#66 Posted by ThatDBFan (350 posts) -

Well, I was gonna get a PS4 for it anyway. Makes you wonder how much $ Sony is shelling out to them to make it a PS4 exclusive. Sony must've seen all of the devs MS has been buying and thought they needed every game they could get. because originally, this was gonna be a TIMED exclusive.

#67 Posted by ThatDBFan (350 posts) -

@calvincfb said:
@Gamerno6666 said:
@Arkhalipso said:

@Gamerno6666: How is it overrated? It's not even out.

@calvincfb said:
@Arkhalipso said:

@Gamerno6666: How is it overrated? It's not even out.

He must be mad it's getting a lot of attention and the games he likes isn't praised at all. This is jealousy.

Played the original. Didn't like it at all. FF6 was much better. So no hope for this one.

You not liking it doesn't make it overrated. This is another case of "a game I don't like but everyone does, so it's overrated".

No offense, but you might wanna look over what you just said.... Cause it's kinda stupid.

#68 Edited by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@thatdbfan: what exactly is stupid? What is between " it's his attitude. He believes that if he don't like something but everyone else does, said something is overrated, which is not true at all.

#69 Posted by mojito1988 (3643 posts) -

What? Other platforms will not have the chance to play for 1/3rd of a game then wait 10+ years for the rest to come out? So missing out.

#70 Posted by Fedor (5159 posts) -

@thatdbfan: It is a timed exclusive. Nothing has been said to change that.

#71 Posted by Pedro (34958 posts) -
@tormentos said:

😂😂 Pedro still port begging how sad.

Oh! child of stubby thumbs, no one in this thread is port begging.

#72 Posted by Ant_17 (12560 posts) -

I think there won't be a Bone version till MS stops games for the base Bone being made.

No way Square will waste time on that shit for this game.

#73 Posted by ProtossRushX (5442 posts) -

@lundy86_4: People like you were saying the same thing about street fighter 5. Oh they'll come out with a super street fighter 5 for xbox one.

Don't underestimate sony's deals there pretty strong and they don't go back on their word

#74 Posted by clone01 (27489 posts) -

pssst. spoiler. money is involved.

#75 Edited by ThatDBFan (350 posts) -

@calvincfb said:

@thatdbfan: what exactly is stupid? What is between " it's his attitude. He believes that if he don't like something but everyone else does, said something is overrated, which is not true at all.

Yes it is dude. He is of the opinion that the game is not that great. That's ok, that's his personal taste. The game gets a lot of hype, therefore, he's allowed to think it's overrated. That's his personal opinion. You thinking that's wrong doesn't negate his opinion that it's overrated.

#76 Edited by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@thatdbfan said:
@calvincfb said:

Yes it is dude. He is of the opinion that the game is not that great. That's ok, that's his personal taste. The game gets a lot of hype, therefore, he's allowed to think it's overrated. That's his personal opinion. You thinking that's wrong doesn't negate his opinion that it's overrated.

But it doesn't mean it's overrated, because he's saying like it's a fact, but it's simply his opinion. Stupid is thinking what you don't like but people do is overrated. It's stupid and egocentric. You can't say that as a fact because it isn't. People are too spoiled, but sorry to burst your bubble, stuff isn't overrated because you think it is. THIS is a fact.

#77 Edited by BoxRekt (1812 posts) -
@n64dd said:
@calvincfb said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/07/11/final-fantasy-7-remake-xbox-release-date-video-was-an-internal-mistake-by-microsoft?sf105150045=1

"In a statement to IGN, Square Enix said 'As previously announced, Final Fantasy VII Remake will be released for the PlayStation 4 on March 3rd 2020. We have no plans for other platforms.'"

One has to wonder how much Sony is paying them for this if true.

If it sells well it'll come to steam and xbox. They like money.

lol that's literally the opposite of how it works.

Nintendo and their Switch exclusive Zelda BOTW along with Mario Odyssey laugh at your argument.

👉Looks at Xbox One "exclsuive" games this gen that barely charted.

Fast forward

MS, "We don't care if you game on console anymore, We want our games everywhere"

Not saying FF7R won't come out (for PC at least) but you've got backwards logic to justify it. Also plenty AAA quality games have skipped xbox this gen.

Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers Review

• First Released Aug 27, 2013
  • PC
  • PS4

AAA 9.0

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/final-fantasy-xiv-shadowbringers-review/1900-6417212/

Side note, that's yet another dagger in the heart of the long faded argument that xbox is the console to get for the best MP this gen.

#78 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@boxrekt said:
@n64dd said:
@calvincfb said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/07/11/final-fantasy-7-remake-xbox-release-date-video-was-an-internal-mistake-by-microsoft?sf105150045=1

"In a statement to IGN, Square Enix said 'As previously announced, Final Fantasy VII Remake will be released for the PlayStation 4 on March 3rd 2020. We have no plans for other platforms.'"

Nintendo and their Switch exclusive Zelda BOTW along with Mario Odyssey laugh at your argument.

Fast forward

MS, "We don't care if you game on console now, We want our games everywhere"

Not saying FF7R won't come out (for PC at least) but you've got backwards logic to justify it. Also plenty AAA quality games have skipped xbox this gen.

• PC
  • PS4

AAA 9.0

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/final-fantasy-xiv-shadowbringers-review/1900-6417212/

Side note, that's yet another dagger in the heart of the long faded argument that xbox is the console to get for the best MP this gen.

5 karma... people are mad at you.

#79 Posted by BoxRekt (1812 posts) -
@tormentos said:
@calvincfb said:

I'm going to be honest here. I think the game can sell well on PC and on a future, more capable Switch, but on xbox? Not at all. It's been clear for some time now that Xbox gamers don't care about JRPG or japanese games for that matter. Square should release this on PC and on the Next Switch. Including Xbox would be a waste of resources, there is a reason why most japanese devs make games available everywhere but xbox.

Na that is what they say because they don't get those games,in reality you see them like Pedro on this thread port begging.

All signs point to FF7R NOT coming to xbox

#80 Posted by N64DD (11925 posts) -
@calvincfb said:
@boxrekt said:
@n64dd said:
@calvincfb said:

Fast forward

• PC
  • PS4

AAA 9.0

@calvincfb said:

People flag spam on this site all the time. Nothing new.

#81 Edited by BoxRekt (1812 posts) -

@calvincfb: Yep, and all of the arguments claiming it's because I was causing it ect. are moot because it all happened the other day in the discussion about a PC game looking better than God of War.

lol the users were legit flag bombing me simply because my arguments weren't in favor of PC in the discussion.

My posts were all on topic and though a mod @xantufrog was one of the users arguing for the PC side against me, he said he agreed many of my points and didn't see anything wrong with my arguments.

It's pretty sad users are still trying to silence other posters using these manipulative tactics after a clear warring about these practices was given to all users here on this board.

Flag bombing...

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/flag-bombing-33452107/

#82 Posted by Daredevils2k (2064 posts) -

Aww well that sucks, it was so cute to see the lemmings get all rabid over the news only for it to backfire into there face . Now they are back to saying they hate ff7 remake .

#83 Edited by BoxRekt (1812 posts) -
@daredevils2k said:

Aww well that sucks, it was so cute to see the lemmings get all rabid over the news only for it to backfire into there face . Now they are back to saying they hate ff7 remake .

Looking at my what popular franchises have you missed this gen thread

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/name-one-popular-franchise-that-you-havent-touched-33464088/

They apparently hate all JRPGs and don't buy them anyway, so it's no real loss.

Not that it's a surprise, they don't even buy their own games.

MS distanced themselves from xbox console owners and destroyed their exclusivity clause for xbox games for a reason.

#84 Posted by Pedro (34958 posts) -

It's safe to say that lack of "Only on Playstation " tag is really troubling some folks who would love for the game to be exclusive but it ain't. Deal with it.😈

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
#85 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (29128 posts) -

The days of final fantasy being sony exclusive are long long gone.

#86 Posted by Random_Matt (4251 posts) -

People really getting upset if it releases on Xbox, seriously? I believe there are enough Xbox gamers who actually had a PS1, meaning there probably is enough people who would buy it.

#87 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@n64dd said:
@calvincfb said:
@boxrekt said:
@n64dd said:
@calvincfb said:

Fast forward

• PC
  • PS4

AAA 9.0

@calvincfb said:

People flag spam on this site all the time. Nothing new.

Which is sad... The flag system should be removed, people can't deal with different opinions and strong arguments and want to silence others at all costs. This is really ironic coming from people that usually cry about SJW, censoring and free speech. And worse, it's just games.

#88 Edited by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@Random_Matt said:

People really getting upset if it releases on Xbox, seriously? I believe there are enough Xbox gamers who actually had a PS1, meaning there probably is enough people who would buy it.

Nobody is upset, we're just debating possibilities of releasing it there or not.

#89 Edited by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@Bread_or_Decide said:

I'm pretty sure it'll be released on PC down the line. I'm not so sure about xbox.

#90 Posted by BoxRekt (1812 posts) -
@Bread_or_Decide said:

You may be right

Looks like Square may extend to the other demographic of gamers that actually buy AAA games, typically after Playstation of course.

#91 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@boxrekt said:

@calvincfb: Yep, and all of the arguments claiming it's because I was causing it ect. are moot because it all happened the other day in the discussion about a PC game looking better than God of War.

lol the users were legit flag bombing me simply because my arguments weren't in favor of PC in the discussion.

My posts were all on topic and though a mod @xantufrog was one of the users arguing for the PC side against me, he said he agreed many of my points and didn't see anything wrong with my arguments.

It's pretty sad users are still trying to silence other posters using these manipulative tactics after a clear warring about these practices was given to all users here on this board.

Flag bombing...

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/flag-bombing-33452107/

Yep and those are the same people that cry calling bans for those they don't like. This is ironic coming from those saying they're the "master race", "superior version of games". Truth is, most of them are really mad people don't care about their power, they just want to play games.

This:

Couldn't be closer to the truth.

#92 Posted by Fedor (5159 posts) -

ITT Cow alts desperately hoping the game is a full exclusive. Just sad on all sorts of levels.

#93 Edited by Pedro (34958 posts) -

@fedor said:

ITT Cow alts desperately hoping the game is a full exclusive. Just sad on all sorts of levels.

They can hope all they want. But it fun watching them damage control its "Not Only on Playstation". LOL

#94 Posted by Fedor (5159 posts) -

@calvincfb: Lol he got flagged by some alt, don't try and generalize everyone here. Cows are the kings of false flags too, word to blackballs.

#95 Edited by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@fedor said:

@calvincfb: Lol he got flagged by some alt, don't try and generalize everyone here. Cows are the kings of false flags too, word to blackballs.

Yeah, nope. The king of false flags are clearly the PC gamers. Every single one of us that has been flagged lately are people making threads that talk about PC in a bad way.

You can't spin this.

#96 Edited by Fedor (5159 posts) -

@calvincfb: I dont have to spin it, its the truth. Blackballs bless.

#97 Edited by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@fedor said:

@calvincfb: I dont have to spin it, its the truth. Blackballs bless.

I don't know who blackballs is, but whatever he did, it doesn't make what I said any less true.

#98 Edited by Fedor (5159 posts) -

@calvincfb: Lol, sure you don't, bud. Needhealing bless. Recloud, tgob, and cashangry. 3 huge false flaggers.

#99 Posted by Vaeh (502 posts) -

Screw Enix showed their true colors lol

Avatar image for pinkribbonscars
#100 Posted by PinkRibbonScars (69 posts) -

Guess I'll be emulating it on PC in 10 years time then