Splinter Smell just can't compete

• 143 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cool_guy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cool_guy2000
Member since 2005 • 363 Posts

Who honestly can say SS is a better game than the MGS? yes, some prefer the realism of it..but story, character, gameplay-wise....MGS games own it.

Theres No real replay value in splinter cell games, besides multiplayer...i had the chance to play SCDA and that had to be the most horrible stealth game i've played, mainly due to the stupid idea of having to be a double agent and working for the bad guys (worst part)

I don't think ubislow care anymore, but instead to make a quick buck..with there trashy ports.

Am i right, or am i right?

Dream-Bringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Dream-Bringer
Member since 2008 • 264 Posts
lol Splinter smell huh? Fanboyism aside, Splinter Cell will never be as good or a competitior to MGS.
EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts
Splinter Smell :lol: Creative
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
lol i feel bad for some ps3 fans out there....this guy makes them look very very bad
Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

Wrong. I've enjoyed the splinter cell series far more than the MGS series.

So, fail. Still, it's a matter of diff'rnt strokes for diff'rnt folks.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dante2710

Splinter Cell VS MGS is the WORST comparison in SW and it takes a special kind of fanboy, perferably one of young age and lack of interaction with the opposite sex to put them together.

Wow seriously, because they both incorporate stealth? Or maybe I missed a SC with the giant robots and enemies with supernatural powers?

Blue-Sky
come on....dont let trolls get to ya...u`ll just end up getting moderated
club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts
Splinter Cell is an awesome franchise, and I actually like it because it's realistic.
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14812 Posts
Is Double Agent the only Splinter Cell you've played?
cool_guy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cool_guy2000

Is Double Agent the only Splinter Cell you've played?SOedipus

Nope, played them all, i liked choas theory the best, but like i said...its just can't compete with MGS on any level besides realism. which is barley something to brag about.

cool_guy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cool_guy2000

Splinter Cell is an awesome franchise, and I actually like it because it's realistic.club-sandwich

Sam could have atleast had some personality.

iLiveBy2words

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 iLiveBy2words
Member since 2005 • 550 Posts
ROFL. Metal Gear Solid has trash for gameplay while Splinter Cell actually has a refined system which is far more deep than 'aim the sideways laser dot at the bad guy.'
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dante2710
ROFL. Metal Gear Solid has trash for gameplay while Splinter Cell actually has a refined system which is far more deep than 'aim the sideways laser dot at the bad guy.'iLiveBy2words
i love metal gear....but i agree with u....the only thing metal gear has going is such a great story.....
Exeed_Orbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 Exeed_Orbit
Member since 2005 • 3472 Posts
It's a question of preference, some might prefer MGS over SC, and vise versa
cool_guy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cool_guy2000

ROFL. Metal Gear Solid has trash for gameplay while Splinter Cell actually has a refined system which is far more deep than 'aim the sideways laser dot at the bad guy.'iLiveBy2words

:lol: hope thats a joke.

Otherwise stick to your no personality character and stale storylines that pale in comparison to MGS games...to bad MGS4 will own convictions.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
Splinter Cell bores me. MGS is just much more enjoyable.
dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#17 dgsag
Member since 2005 • 6760 Posts

[QUOTE="iLiveBy2words"]ROFL. Metal Gear Solid has trash for gameplay while Splinter Cell actually has a refined system which is far more deep than 'aim the sideways laser dot at the bad guy.'cool_guy2000

Otherwise stick to your no personality character and stale storylines that pale in comparison to MGS games...to bad MGS4 will own convictions.

Sure, Snake has a nice character and there is a good story, but MGS' stealth gameplay is simply to unrefined for me.

cool_guy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cool_guy2000
[QUOTE="cool_guy2000"]

[QUOTE="iLiveBy2words"]ROFL. Metal Gear Solid has trash for gameplay while Splinter Cell actually has a refined system which is far more deep than 'aim the sideways laser dot at the bad guy.'dgsag

Sure, Snake has a nice character and there is a good story, but MGS' stealth gameplay is simply to unrefined for me.

Understandable..but thats where MGS4 corrects the problem.

Avatar image for ---OkeyDokey---
---OkeyDokey---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ---OkeyDokey---
Member since 2007 • 3318 Posts

splinter smell.

good one :|

Izzy12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Izzy12345
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts

Who honestly can say SS is a better game than the MGS? yes, some prefer the realism of it..but story, character, gameplay-wise....MGS games own it.

Theres No real replay value in splinter cell games, besides multiplayer...i had the chance to play SCDA and that had to be the most horrible stealth game i've played, mainly due to the stupid idea of having to be a double agent and working for the bad guys (worst part)

I don't think ubislow care anymore, but instead to make a quick buck..with there trashy ports.

cool_guy2000

Splinter Smell :)

SunLord592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 SunLord592
Member since 2003 • 2651 Posts
i find splinter cell way better then any mgs game. and i mean way, if i was told i could only play one game and thats mgs i d give up gaming all together.
RickLemieux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RickLemieux
Member since 2003 • 517 Posts

[QUOTE="iLiveBy2words"]ROFL. Metal Gear Solid has trash for gameplay while Splinter Cell actually has a refined system which is far more deep than 'aim the sideways laser dot at the bad guy.'cool_guy2000

Maybe to you MGS4 will own convictions. I prefer Splinter Cell. Your opinion, my opinion, as long as you have fun playing what you like. I like MGS on the PSX, thought MGS2 was ok, didn't even play part 3 and I'm not looking foward to part 4, so to me SC owns MGS.

htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts
Funny how SS has outscored MGS on a consistent basis
amorbis1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 amorbis1001
Member since 2007 • 2281 Posts

mgs story is the only thing better than splinter cell the gameplay....no

graphics.....no

sound....no

but I think its gonna change in mgs4.... and incase you dont know I love mgs series more than SC

RickLemieux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RickLemieux

Funny how SS has outscored MGS on a consistent basishtekemerald

That is funny!

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
I agree. MGS is a lot more of a unique franchise than SC, which is still a good game, but it's not as interesting to play.
cool_guy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cool_guy2000
[QUOTE="cool_guy2000"]

[QUOTE="iLiveBy2words"]ROFL. Metal Gear Solid has trash for gameplay while Splinter Cell actually has a refined system which is far more deep than 'aim the sideways laser dot at the bad guy.'RickLemieux

Maybe to you MGS4 will own convictions. I prefer Splinter Cell. Your opinion, my opinion, as long as you have fun playing what you like. I like MGS on the PSX, thought MGS2 was ok, didn't even play part 3 and I'm not looking foward to part 4, so to me SC owns MGS.

you skipped 3? my god...

RickLemieux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RickLemieux

you skipped 3? my god...

Why "my god..." I got bored playing part 2 and didn't want to play part 3. It's just my opinion, please don't let it stop you from enjoying the series if you like it. But you can't tell me what I like either.

cool_guy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cool_guy2000

RickLemieux

you skipped 3? my god...

Why "my god..." I got bored playing part 2 and didn't want to play part 3. It's just my opinion, please don't let it stop you from enjoying the series if you like it. But you can't tell me what I like either.

Gameplay-wise...MGS3 is much better than 2, give it a shot, atleast...also has better boss battles.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
Splinter Cell for gameplay here. But MGS always has better story, characters, presentation, just feels more epic as a production.
RickLemieux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RickLemieux

Gameplay-wise...MGS3 is much better than 2, give it a shot, atleast...also has better boss battles.

If I can find the time. Too many great games that came out last year and more coming this year. Maybe down the road.

nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
I've played both splinter cell and MGS, personally I hate the Splinter cell storyline and I love the story in MGS but I didn't feel that the gameplay in MGS was really stealthy, so i preferred the gameplay in splinter cell but it had a lot of trial and error plus it was too slow
jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jangojay
Member since 2007 • 4044 Posts
Threads like these makes me wish MGS 4 flops. I know it won't but I would just like it to get average reviews so cows go cry in a corner and stop making stupid things like this.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
MGS outclasses SC in so many ways that its sad.
cool_guy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cool_guy2000

Threads like these makes me wish MGS 4 flops. I know it won't but I would just like it to get average reviews so cows go cry in a corner and stop making stupid things like this.jangojay

Don't use the thread to hide your fanboyism.

hate19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hate19
Member since 2006 • 565 Posts
Think SC gameplay beats MGS slightly, and the controls have been a lot more fluid.
Tho in this comparison, SC is a prime example where gameplay isn't everything, like some sheep make it out to be.
Overall I'd easily take MGS over SC, a lot more so after DA and Conviction looking like the crap that was Assassin's Creed.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

[QUOTE="jangojay"]Threads like these makes me wish MGS 4 flops. I know it won't but I would just like it to get average reviews so cows go cry in a corner and stop making stupid things like this.cool_guy2000

for real...the real reason he wants it to flop is because its not on X360.

jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jangojay
Member since 2007 • 4044 Posts
[QUOTE="cool_guy2000"]

[QUOTE="jangojay"]Threads like these makes me wish MGS 4 flops. I know it won't but I would just like it to get average reviews so cows go cry in a corner and stop making stupid things like this.II_Seraphim_II

for real...the real reason he wants it to flop is because its not on X360.

HAHA, Ughh I normally support PS3 and bash 360, even though I own a 360... do a search of my posts on the forum if you can. Or you can just look at all the Xbox 360 vs pc threads. Then again cows are pretty defensive when you say anything bad about one of thier only hopefully AAA titles.

Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
You right. This orange certianly cant beat this aple. As the apple is clearly better at bean and apple than the orange is at been an apple.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
I prefer Splinter Cell over MGS and its convoluted story.
xX0LDSCH00LXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 xX0LDSCH00LXx
Member since 2007 • 1423 Posts

cool_guy2000
Grow up.
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
I prefer Splinter Cell by far. MGS's gameplay is far too rough around the edges for my liking, especially compared to Splinter Cell's tight, realistic gameplay. MGS certainly has a better story and more interesting characters, but at the end of the day (at least for me) the gameplay is what matters.
dipper145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dipper145
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts
embarassing, i guess your opinion is your opinion. But you seem to form very poor opinions.
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts
You lost me at "splinter smell" :| Although I kinda agree...
numba1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 numba1234
Member since 2007 • 3561 Posts

I think they are both overrated crap, that should be receiving 7's and 6's respectivelly. I hated Splinter Cell so much, that I didn't even complete the training stage of the first game. The story seemed generic, the controls were clunky, but let me say the game graphics are amazing. The game was utter crap in almost every way. Now with my experience with MGS series hasn't been good at all. I l played MGS3, and it was unbearable and I quit right after the bridge scene. It is so boring, and slow paced that anyone that who could think hiding in shadows, and waiting 3 minutes is fun? Honestly the only reason I've been paying attention to mgs4, is because it appears like it changed this garbage.

cool_guy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cool_guy2000

embarassing, i guess your opinion is your opinion. But you seem to form very poor opinions.dipper145

Says the guy who didn't post one, but decided to flame.

Sit down.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#47 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts
Michael Ironside is Sam's voice; thus, automatically making Splinter Cell the better game. His voice is just too damn awesome.
DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts

"Splinter Smell"? Wow. Are you five?

And how can you judge the Splinter Cell series off of the worst iteration, the one involving the least amount of stealth in the series. At least play Chaos Theory. Double Agent was also made by a different developer than the others. So judging Splinter Cell on DA is like judging Call of Duty on COD3.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
MGS4 looks fine, but a mere 2008 Doom3 mod will make it look like a joke
butteater86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 butteater86
Member since 2007 • 1306 Posts

I prefer Splinter Cell by far. MGS's gameplay is far too rough around the edges for my liking, especially compared to Splinter Cell's tight, realistic gameplay. MGS certainly has a better story and more interesting characters, but at the end of the day (at least for me) the gameplay is what matters.PBSnipes

Nah story definitely matters, which is why I can't stand the praise for Ninja Gaiden. I'm not going to sit there and play a hard *** game with a crappy story and no payoff just because it has "good gameplay".