Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

i guess people who want to play games...

Haters cannot play the 'cause its a Blu-ray player' card anymore :)

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#102 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@hiphops_savior said:

@charizard1605: Bragging rights? Sports games? Friends who bought, thus creating a need for their friends to buy one to play online together.

As marginalized as sports games are in this forum, it is a very SIGNIFICANT market because it is one of the few genres where consoles are superior to PC (Football Manager or Out of the Park Baseball aside, but dedicated front office sports games are a niche market).

Hell, I bought a PS4 two days ago because it's literally the only console you can get for a decent baseball sim. The Blue Jays happen to be in the hunt for a playoff spot for the first time since forever. (that and the 19 innings epic against the Tigers)

Sports games like FIFA and PES are superior on PC

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

It's selling so well because MS so thoroughly blew X1's design. I've heard that X1's APU is a bit larger (And expensive) than PS4's yet it's 33%-50% weaker depending on how you want to do the math. They wasted the space on silly data move engines and custom chips for Kinect and ESRAM and all this other nonsense they wouldn't have needed if they had put GDDR5 memory into it. It's like somebody jumping through a bunch of technological hoops to build a VCR that behaves like a DVD player, and not quite getting there, right at the time actual DVD players hit the market. They screwed up big-time and Sony is going to dominate this generation because of it. The goofs should have bit the short-term bullet when they realized the mistake they'd made and delayed it to redesign it. But they weren't willing to concede the jump Sony would get on them (Which Sony now has anyway) and now have no long-term chance either.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Wickerman777
@thehig1 said:

@hiphops_savior said:

@charizard1605: Bragging rights? Sports games? Friends who bought, thus creating a need for their friends to buy one to play online together.

As marginalized as sports games are in this forum, it is a very SIGNIFICANT market because it is one of the few genres where consoles are superior to PC (Football Manager or Out of the Park Baseball aside, but dedicated front office sports games are a niche market).

Hell, I bought a PS4 two days ago because it's literally the only console you can get for a decent baseball sim. The Blue Jays happen to be in the hunt for a playoff spot for the first time since forever. (that and the 19 innings epic against the Tigers)

I hate that line "Superior on PC" "better on PC", yadda yadda yadda. I hate it because it's so inaccurate. The correct thing to say is "Superior on some PCs" The vast majority of them won't run the games any better, actually worse in many instances.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

People craving for a new console after all those years, never has a generation of consoles lasted so long as last gen .

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

@Wickerman777 said:

It's selling so well because MS so thoroughly blew X1's design. I've heard that X1's APU is a bit larger (And expensive) than PS4's yet it's 33%-50% weaker depending on how you want to do the math. They wasted the space on silly data move engines and custom chips for Kinect and ESRAM and all this other nonsense they wouldn't have needed if they had put GDDR5 memory into it. It's like somebody jumping through a bunch of technological hoops to build a VCR that behaves like a DVD player, and not quite getting there, right at the time actual DVD players hit the market. They screwed up big-time and Sony is going to dominate this generation because of it. The goofs should have bit the short-term bullet when they realized the mistake they'd made and delayed it to redesign it. But they weren't willing to concede the jump Sony would get on them (Which Sony now has anyway) and now have no long-term chance.

I guess all that was because they focused so much on Kinect. But it wasn't something gamers really desired to be forced to buy along with the system, so the console design that was Kinect-centric lost it's reason to be so once the camera became an optional peripheral....

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Truth_Hurts_U said:

Considering all 3 active PSN friends got a PS4 and 2 local friends also got one... People are buying them. Not some secret government agency or something.

No one doubted that people are buying them. The question is... why?

It's a domino effect. People buy the system that their friends have and then it just grows and grows. Early adopters matter and Sony won the easy majority of those simply because Nintendo can't compete in that area and MS shot themselves in the foot multiple times and scared all but the most diehard of fanboys away. Doesn't matter if the games are exclusive to current gen or not. Newer is automatically better even if its not really worth spending the extra cash to play Call of Duty or whatever on a stronger machine than the one you already had perfectly capable of playing it.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

There more games on X1 and Wii U. In fact going purely by games...Wii U and 3DS are the best buys right now.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#109 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Well, Xbox One sucks and Wii-U isn't popular. If people want a new console, the PS4 is the most likely choice.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

It's pretty simple, really. Last gen lasted 7 years. People were ready for next gen. Also, saying PS4 doesn't have games is just not true. Unless you're the kind of guy that just wants that big blockbuster exclusive, then yea. You're going to wait for a while. Otherwise, that's just pure BS.

I have a PS4 and the line up at the minute is pretty friggin pitiful.

Yes it is. Pitiful. Absolutely pitiful.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

There are plenty of games on the PS4 right now, the Xbone not so much - Diablo 3 is the first retail release on it since Sniper Elite 3 on July 1st. The "blockbuster" culture is withering away thanks to the cost of AAA development, so you may as well not buy a console if that's what you're into.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

i fucking hate when people think buying a console is an investment because its not ,its simply a purchase. an investment is something that should pay you over time and increase in value , consoles depreciate as soon as the box is open

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#113 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Truth_Hurts_U said:

Considering all 3 active PSN friends got a PS4 and 2 local friends also got one... People are buying them. Not some secret government agency or something.

No one doubted that people are buying them. The question is... why?

A little thing called Early Adopters.

As quickly as Microsoft recovered from shitting the bed, Sony still won the early adopter war so now it's the go-to console by default. And frankly, as much as people like to pretend like there's this vast divide between the libraries, the only true difference maker that's been released was Titanfall, and it had about as much impact as Resistance did for Sony last gen.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#114  Edited By Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

Because most gamers want to buy...you know...a gaming console.

Not a fucking multi-media hub like an XBone or a watered down "next gen" system with no 3rd party support like the Wii U.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Wickerman777

@SambaLele said:

@Wickerman777 said:

It's selling so well because MS so thoroughly blew X1's design. I've heard that X1's APU is a bit larger (And expensive) than PS4's yet it's 33%-50% weaker depending on how you want to do the math. They wasted the space on silly data move engines and custom chips for Kinect and ESRAM and all this other nonsense they wouldn't have needed if they had put GDDR5 memory into it. It's like somebody jumping through a bunch of technological hoops to build a VCR that behaves like a DVD player, and not quite getting there, right at the time actual DVD players hit the market. They screwed up big-time and Sony is going to dominate this generation because of it. The goofs should have bit the short-term bullet when they realized the mistake they'd made and delayed it to redesign it. But they weren't willing to concede the jump Sony would get on them (Which Sony now has anyway) and now have no long-term chance.

I guess all that was because they focused so much on Kinect. But it wasn't something gamers really desired to be forced to buy along with the system, so the console design that was Kinect-centric lost it's reason to be so once the camera became an optional peripheral....

It's more than just Kinect. Putting Kinect chips on prime real estate like the APU is dumb but they didn't stop there. In addition to all the DDR3-aiding stuff like data move engines and ESRAM there's even audio chips and crap like that on there ... all things that could have been moved outside of the all-important APU. They were utterly committed to 8 gigs of memory and apparently were not willing to take it on faith that 8 gigs of GDDR5 would be doable by late 2013. But things like Kinect and audio chips on there tells me that the team drastically underestimated the importance of power as well. I suspect that miscalculation was spurred on in some part by the success of the Wii. But that's a bad model to follow because even Nintendo doesn't understand how the Wii became so popular otherwise they would have duplicated that success with the Wii U. X1 is a comedy of errors in terms of hardware design and X1 is going to finish far, far behind PS4 because of it.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#116 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

@Zelda187 said:

Because most gamers want to buy...you know...a gaming console.

Not a fucking multi-media hub like an XBone or a watered down "next gen" system with no 3rd party support like the Wii U.

And PS4 is somehow not a "multi-media hub?" Especially after their E3 conference?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@charizard1605: I think PS3 fans were/are more psyched for the PS4 than 360 fans have been about the XBox One. Hopefully, with all the changes and improvements, that will change... but who knows.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#118 Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

The PS4 was never marketed like the XBone was.

Sony said from Day 1 that the PS4's main focus was going to be on games. Compare that to Microsoft who was pimping all of the skype and TV features of the XBone making gaming seem almost secondary.

The PS4 was marketed as a game console.

The XBone was marketed as a glorified $500 cable box with the ability to play games.

I think the gamers have pretty much already spoken about which one they prefer.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Wickerman777

Although MS totally botched the hardware design, and then made matters even worse by stubbornly refusing to do a delay and redesign once the writing was on the wall, I do think that since launch they've supported their console better than Sony has. MS has furiously been working on software updates while Sony has just been plodding along. But although that effort is commendable it isn't going to close the gap. The word is out about the hardware disparity and the damage it's caused won't be overcome.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Wickerman777
@Zelda187 said:

Sony said from Day 1 that the PS4's main focus was going to be on games. Compare that to Microsoft who was pimping all of the skype and TV features of the XBone making gaming seem almost secondary.

The XBone was marketed as a glorified $500 cable box with the ability to play games.

This is the internet age when news of policy changes can spread in no time at all. Those policies are not what killed them. It game em' a lot of bad press early on but all of that was fixable. Everybody knows now that they reversed all of those things. It isn't a secret. The reason they're doing so poorly is the hardware design. That was a mistake they made that couldn't be reversed once the first console shipped.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#121  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

The 10m sell through in the first nine months is well beyond what we had hoped for. As you know, we have struggled to keep up with demand of PS4 for so many months. It was hard to find and purchase PS4. Now we are able to supply units so in every territory I believe you can find PS4. So we just managed to catch up with demand.

It's just beyond our imagination. We are so happy. But I for one am a bit nervous because we do not completely understand what's happening. You need to understand why your products are selling well so you can plan for the future, right? It defied the conventional thinking. Lots of people thought the dedicated game hardware might not be needed going forward, but still lots of people are very excited. When you see the new games coming out and being announced this E3 and Gamescom, I think there's a good enough reason for a gamer to believe this is something worth investing in.

SOURCE

If it makes you feel any better, Sony, I don't understand it either. Not like there's any reason for it to sell right now, lacking entirely in a games line up as it is currently.

But of course, a PlayStation is an investment in the future. Just... I'd rather invest in it when that future comes. That's just me, of course.

Here we go again ...

Like gamers playing exclusives only .... Or PS4 has none out there ...

Personally id rather invest to the future than something that has 2-3 years left already. If you get what i mean.

Please stop acting like there are not any games to play on PS4/X1 or like only exclusives matters... stop it ... Dont confuse PS4 with some other consoles out there that having literally zero third party support . Thats not the case here.

So many great games on so many different genres to choose from already while both consoles are not even 1 years old ... So what ? No games ? Want me to list you what PS4 will get in its first year and then lets talk again if it has games or not.

You jabbing PS4 over and over while ( without saying it of course thats why im calling you clever ) trying to make Nintendo systems look appealing. Well ..that wont happen with this thread. Multiplatforms are games also where only PS4/X1 users can have. So games line up ? Pretty solid up till now.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#122  Edited By hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@AzatiS: I personally think investing in the future only makes sense if you're house buying or buying commodities that would actually increase in value, which is the complete opposite for tech sectors like video gaming (unless you own a Titanfall Xbox One or Xenoblade, which happens to be both discontinued as of today).

The only time I would invest in a console is when there is a game or experience I cannot get anywhere else. If you want to buy a PS4 for Uncharted: A Thief's End or FF15, wait until the game is released and then buy it (I would put no stock in The Last Guardian, however, you'll probably be better off waiting for the PS5, if Sony is still around then).

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Wickerman777

@hiphops_savior said:

@AzatiS: I personally think investing in the future only makes sense if you're house buying or buying commodities that would actually increase in value, which is the complete opposite for tech sectors like video gaming (unless you own a Titanfall Xbox One or Xenoblade, which happens to be both discontinued as of today).

The only time I would invest in a console is when there is a game or experience I cannot get anywhere else. If you want to buy a PS4 for Uncharted: A Thief's End or FF15, wait until the game is released and then buy it (I would put no stock in The Last Guardian, however, you'll probably be better off waiting for the PS5, if Sony is still around then).

I haven't bought one of the new consoles yet. I'm waiting for a must-play game to come out before I do so. To me The Witcher 3 is that game and that's probably when I'll get a PS4 (For those thinking "Play it on PC" PC gaming SUCKS!). And it'll be a bittersweet day because it'll mark the first time I've owned a Sony console since PS1. I've been a Xbox fanboy since 2005 and changing sides now doesn't sit well with me but Don Mattrick screwed up X1's design to such an extent that I feel I have no real choice in the matter. From what I've seen so far Spencer seems to be infinitely more competent but he can't undo the poorly-designed box MS is gonna have to go with for the next several years.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By AzatiS

@Malta_1980 said:

i guess people who want to play games...

Haters cannot play the 'cause its a Blu-ray player' card anymore :)

Haters playing only "exclusives " ... The funny thing is though , after another premature death ( we all know who that is ) most of those "haters" will jump on PS4 wagon. 95% of them even in a year or 2 from now. Exactly like last gen.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By AzatiS
@hiphops_savior said:

Sorry but i dont own a PS4 yet since im PC gamer at core so 90% of my time is going to competitive online games at the moment but that doesnt mean for the 10 million out there that already own it there arent any great options . Period. The list is nice and keep going and its only 9 months old. Exclusives matters , for sure but 9 months old and yet the list of in total games is getting so big its insane....

And yes bro , i wont buy something that will be dead in 2-3 years from now , provide me with 3-4 great exclusive games while missing the other 100 AAA multis. Sorry. Thats not value .

Third party / multiplatform games providing some of the BEST , VERY BEST , of gaming. So how is possible to say there are no games to play on PS4 ? .. how , explain please ..

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Playstation is the biggest console brand and the way Sony COMPLETEY recovered from and undid most of the PS3s problems, well, it really sent the right message.

I've almost bought one twice now, I have to keep reminding myself that I should wait until there's actually stuff I want on it!

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 StormyJoe

@Zelda187 said:

Or, more PS3 owners have moved to PS4 than 360 owners have moved to XB1.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#128 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@AzatiS: Or maybe those "haters" already have a platform to enjoy these "non-exclusives". They will only buy a PS4 when there is an experience that cannot be found on platforms they already have. Having a PC, Wii U, 3DS and now a PS4, I am pretty much covered for games.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@ominous_titan said:

i fucking hate when people think buying a console is an investment because its not ,its simply a purchase. an investment is something that should pay you over time and increase in value , consoles depreciate as soon as the box is open

From a strictly fiscal stance, yes. As a gamer, I have to say the opposite is true. A console appreciates from when you buy it because new games come out to play on it. No one ever said a console is a financial investment (unless they collect retro consoles).

By investing in a console, you see the return when more games come out for it as a result of its success.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 StormyJoe

@locopatho said:

Playstation is the biggest console brand and the way Sony COMPLETEY recovered from and undid most of the PS3s problems, well, it really sent the right message.

I've almost bought one twice now, I have to keep reminding myself that I should wait until there's actually stuff I want on it!

You almost bought two PS4's? Now there is a fanboy...

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

@Wickerman777 said:

It's more than just Kinect. Putting Kinect chips on prime real estate like the APU is dumb but they didn't stop there. In addition to all the DDR3-aiding stuff like data move engines and ESRAM there's even audio chips and crap like that on there ... all things that could have been moved outside of the all-important APU. They were utterly committed to 8 gigs of memory and apparently were not willing to take it on faith that 8 gigs of GDDR5 would be doable by late 2013. But things like Kinect and audio chips on there tells me that the team drastically underestimated the importance of power as well. I suspect that miscalculation was spurred on in some part by the success of the Wii. But that's a bad model to follow because even Nintendo doesn't understand how the Wii became so popular otherwise they would have duplicated that success with the Wii U. X1 is a comedy of errors in terms of hardware design and X1 is going to finish far, far behind PS4 because of it.

I agree entirely. Thanks for the new tidbits, I didn't know that they had an "inflated" yet underpowered APU like that. I though it was only underpowered.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

It's easy to explain. They released the best console platform this gen by a considerable margin. So of course people who want a next gen console and are informed will choose them first. In today's modern world consumers are more informed than ever so it's no surprise they flock to the best console on the market.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#133  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@locopatho said:

You almost bought two PS4's?

Nuthin' wrong with that.

woulda done the same, tbh.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#134  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@locopatho said:

You almost bought two PS4's?

Nuthin' wrong with that.

woulda done the same, tbh.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 thehig1

@Wickerman777 said:
@thehig1 said:

@hiphops_savior said:

I hate that line "Superior on PC" "better on PC", yadda yadda yadda. I hate it because it's so inaccurate. The correct thing to say is "Superior on some PCs" The vast majority of them won't run the games any better, actually worse in many instances.

Fifa is superior on Gaming PC's. (thought it was obvious i'm not counting people still using Pentium 4 Machines or Toasters)

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By NFJSupreme

@thehig1 said:

@Wickerman777 said:
@thehig1 said:

@hiphops_savior said:

Fifa is superior on Gaming PC's. (thought it was obvious i'm not counting people still using Pentium 4 Machines or Toasters)

I disagree with sports games being better on PC and I have a PC 3x stronger than the PS4. The reason is you play sports games with other people. People come over and you sit down and play madden or fifa or whatever it is you like. You play online with other people. Basically what I'm saying is the community for sports games is primarily on console. So if you playing madden on PC who exactly are you playing with? Like your boys come over y'all gonna sit in front of the computer and play each other in fifa? Same reason why I'd never play a fighting game on PC. Certain games are just better on either platform. I'd rather play the majority of my games on PC given the choice but genres like sports games and fighting games I'll play on console because that is where the real community is. It' not just graphics and performance with me when I decide what platform to game on.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

I know why the PS4 is selling.

People like the Playstation brand and exclusives, but they don't like the PS3 hardware that was inferior to Xbox360 especially for multiplats.

Everyone I knew in the console scene LOVED PS3 exclusvies but used a 360 for multiplats.

They want the Playstation brand and exclusives, but they want it on actual COMPETENT hardware where they can play multiplats too.

PS4 is that competent hardware and I'm certain it will do well as they push software out.

dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#138  Edited By dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

Maybe there are people that are trying to build a Super Computer using PS4s. Like a cluster of PS3s, when Linux was still able to be installed in those machines.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@thehig1 said:

@Wickerman777 said:
@thehig1 said:

@hiphops_savior said:

Lol no FIFA's been cack on PC most of the time. It's pretty much down to how EA are feeling most years, the PC version was behind the PS3 and 360 versions up until 11 and then it happened again with 14 using the last gen engine vs the improved PS4 and Xbone versions.

It wouldn't surprise me since this is EA if the framerate is capped so you'll only be looking at a potential upgrade to the res.

Never mind the fact that the online community is a fraction of the size and that the market on FUT (the most played game mode these days iirc) is horribly inflated compared to console such that i couldn't get my hands on players half as good if i was playing on the PC version.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

The "blockbuster" culture is withering away thanks to the cost of AAA development, so you may as well not buy a console if that's what you're into.

All these big budget games are releasing in a 3 month window: Destiny, Shadow of Mordor, Alien, Ass Creed Unity, CoD, Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 thehig1

: @NFJSupreme: You can hook your PC up to TV with only the use of a HDMI and Power cable, thats it. You don't even need mouse and keyboard set your PC too boot straight into big picture mode and its essentially a console.

Then you have the added advantage of Mods, I cant play FIFA without the Moddingway mod that fixes the broken career mode. I also added other cool stuff like the sky spots layout in match, and a few new stadiums.

@hoosier7 - As I said above, the Mods for it make a massive difference, the load time in career mode while processing calendar days is a huge win on PC as well. On the 360 version of Fifa 14 I could go downstairs make a sandwich and it would still be processing days.

The FUT stuff and online, I cant really debate that I never play Fifa online much, I found it was mainly assholes rage quitting or people who got insanely good at dribbling with Messi.

The FUT doesn't appeal because I play Fifa sim like, so I want to simulate something that resembles a real Football season.

So maybe the online stuff on consoles has the edge, but in everything else its the PC version

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#142 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@AutoPilotOn said:

It's a new console people know the games will come. No reason to wait if you want one.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#143  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

Two reasons

The Wii U sucks. Extremely underpowered, overpriced, no games, and from a casual viewpoint not that different from the Wii

The Xbox One sucks. Overpriced, underpowered, bad reputation with the always online still lingering after they canned it.

Its going to PS2 era dominance for Sony this generation.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

Two reasons

The Wii U sucks. Extremely underpowered, overpriced, no games, and from a casual viewpoint not that different from the Wii

The Xbox One sucks. Overpriced, underpowered, bad reputation with the always online still lingering after they canned it.

Its going to PS2 era dominance for Sony this generation.

Actually the WiiU is different from the Wii, but it's not interesting enough for most of the casual audience that bought a Wii.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By NFJSupreme

@thehig1: when I'm talking shit to my coworkers about how I'm going to smash them in madden when I get home I aint playing anybody if I play on pc. That is what I meant by the real community for these games being on console. It's the same with fighters.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

I think the Chinese are buying them all. They just love cheap crap.

/s

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 NFJSupreme

@super600: the reason is casuals barely play their wii. Why would they spend even more than they did on the wii on a new wii they will never play?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By AzatiS

@ominous_titan said:

When PS3 was getting massive exclusives last year with amazing titles like TLOU and GT for example ... where the heck was X360 and where the heck was Wii ? You crybabies you should understand people going with the best deal that will get the best games. Not craps that will die in 2 years or consoles that getting only shooting exclusives ? Understand now ? Ill spend my money on the best value product, and that is PS4. Period. So , keep your fuking hate for yourself , wasting your money to wrong products and cows play amazing exclusives every gen till next gen arrives. PS1/PS2/PS3 proved that only Sony does that.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By AzatiS
@hiphops_savior said:

@AzatiS: Or maybe those "haters" already have a platform to enjoy these "non-exclusives". They will only buy a PS4 when there is an experience that cannot be found on platforms they already have. Having a PC, Wii U, 3DS and now a PS4, I am pretty much covered for games.

You all hypocrites will jump on PS4 wagon , soon or later. Deep inside you , you know that. Say all the craps you want about PS4s games , soon or later will be in your living room. Noone ever beat SONY when it came to VARIETY and QUANTITY of exclusives since Playstation 1. THE DEAD LAST ( caps to emphasize ) PS3 beat the shit out of Wii and X360 combined when it comes to exclusives variety and quantity. Imagine what will happen this gen when PS4 isnt a problematic system like PS3 was. Just that.

So , when some of you saying "PS4 has no games " IT HAS games... period. If you , personally you , having a PC thats irrelevant. We talking about PS4 here. Having other platform for multis doesnt mean PS4 has no games. And thats coming from sheeps mainly , because their system is 2 years old ( PS4 is 9 months old ) and has 3 of its biggest exclusives out while missing ALL third party support to PS4 let alone PS3 !!!!!!!!!!!!! .... a 9 years old console !!!! .... PS4 has no games .. that big list of games is fake...