PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

Let me clear up this so called mystery. The people buying them are ps3 and 360 owners who grew tired of the 8 year marathon generation. After that long, you want a new system...and sony made all the right moves before launch. thats all folks.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus: PS4 is last place so far."

But you're not a pc gamer. :-\

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

That wobble is just so gosh darn entertaining.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

The 10m sell through in the first nine months is well beyond what we had hoped for. As you know, we have struggled to keep up with demand of PS4 for so many months. It was hard to find and purchase PS4. Now we are able to supply units so in every territory I believe you can find PS4. So we just managed to catch up with demand.

It's just beyond our imagination. We are so happy. But I for one am a bit nervous because we do not completely understand what's happening. You need to understand why your products are selling well so you can plan for the future, right? It defied the conventional thinking. Lots of people thought the dedicated game hardware might not be needed going forward, but still lots of people are very excited. When you see the new games coming out and being announced this E3 and Gamescom, I think there's a good enough reason for a gamer to believe this is something worth investing in.

SOURCE

If it makes you feel any better, Sony, I don't understand it either. Not like there's any reason for it to sell right now, lacking entirely in a games line up as it is currently.

But of course, a PlayStation is an investment in the future. Just... I'd rather invest in it when that future comes. That's just me, of course.

When your only next gen console competition is the xbone, you can't go wrong.

Sony completely lucked out really.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

this is for the players!

everyone wants to be a player!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Sheens.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@amazonangry said:

@RoboCopISJesus: PS4 is last place so far."

I know it is.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@Couth_: Multiplats. I don't know why it's so hard for System Wars to accept multiplats sell systems

Agreed. The madden, cod, big name release like arkham knight crowd buys a console that will play these and the exclusives they like. This is why in 4-5 years time I think wiiu is in 3rd place.

Yeah, going with multiplats on this one. It's weird that people here view multiplats as this invisible entity that doesn't matter. Or, the most common retort "I have a PC for multiplats". Some folks don't seem to get that either 1) People may only get one or maybe two consoles per generation and 2) Not everyone has a great PC to fallback to when it comes to multiplats. Sure, right now, there doesn't seem to be that must have, exclusive title for the PS4; however, a collection of nice multiplats and decent exclusives seems to be enough so far.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

NBA 2k 14 nuff said

ZombeGoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ZombeGoast
Member since 2010 • 437 Posts

I don't understand it myself when there is hardly any games to play on the PS4. Or its just they like to lie and act like they made Zelda and Mario.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#61 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44559 Posts

they're buying it because it's ridiculously cheaper than the PS3 was at launch, that goes a long way

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#62 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@StrifeDelivery: Yeah, going with multiplats on this one. It's weird that people here view multiplats as this invisible entity that doesn't matter. Or, the most common retort "I have a PC for multiplats". Some folks don't seem to get that either 1) People may only get one or maybe two consoles per generation and 2) Not everyone has a great PC to fallback to when it comes to multiplats. Sure, right now, there doesn't seem to be that must have, exclusive title for the PS4; however, a collection of nice multiplats and decent exclusives seems to be enough so far.

Well said. Multiplats are important. And as far as exclusives so far, I bought an X1 because I liked its line up better. Now 2 are multiplats but what do I care? I played them already. Another thing people here do is play the 'if' game. I am going to die, fact. We all will. I am not waiting to play everything I want to play.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#63 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

first time buyers, and people who had a wii or a 360 last gen...seems right.

it doesnt matter how they got there, just make sure all of us made the right call by providing us with games and no more boneheaded pr/executive moves

same goes for xb1 adoptors

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Kjranu said:

@clyde46 said:

I don't know why people are buying them. Hardly any games out for it.

Erm, maybe because most of decent games are already out? Both first and third party games. That's enough to push PS4 over the line. You don't need a million games released at launch day but a reasonable and strong lineup of games to play from launch to one year anniversary which they've achieved.

No it doesn't. KZ is shit, SS is meh, its only got one racer and that's a multiplat arcade one at that. We are getting close to a year since the PS4 was released and it still has no compelling software and is it still missing half of the features they promised back in Feburay of 2013! Oh before you start squawking, I own a PS4 and it hasn't been used in about 4 months and even then it was only use the iPlayer app on it because I couldn't be bothered to turn my PC on.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

It's pretty easy people want it, and people will buy it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#66 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@clyde46: how dare you speak out against Sony like that? You have terrible taste in games. Most people agree with Yoshida, "I don't understand why people are focused on AAA games". I want 2D Indies galore on my brand new hardware!!!

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

It sure as **** isn't educated people with money buying them all. Just saying.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#68 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I might buy one this fall for MGSV but now that it's coming to PC I might get it through other ends for free.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Who knows? It's a great system, but it's just lacking in games ATM. When Destiny rolls around, that i'll hold over just fine for those later games.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Gue1 said:

I might buy one this fall for MGSV but now that it's coming to PC I might get it through other ends for free.

I reckon Nvidia will have it when you buy a 880GTX.

Prawephet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Prawephet
Member since 2014 • 385 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: Software attach rates for the ps4 are quite healthy. Cannot be a lack of games since ps4 games are topping sales charts. Multiplat or not, there is games to play.

I know why it's selling so well. Because people don't want gimmicks. They don't want bullshit Kinect. They simply want to sit down and play games. If Sony wants a repeat next gen, they need to simply invest in their online infrastructure and build another simple console.

No social media features(except maybe streaming). No stupid waggle controller. No stupid inaccurate camera. People bought the Wii in high volumes last gen and decided they didn't like gimmicks, they're voting with their wallets on that this gen.

Now. If Sony wants me to keep supporting them they have some work to do. There is a lot of promised features that are missing. Suspend/resume for instance.

Sony, just keep on making the ps4 a better GAME console. We don't want ridiculous useless features that just bloat the OS. Reddit apps for instance. It's useless, nobody cares.

The reason Microsoft is failing is because they advertised the console as an expensive universal remote and smart tv hub box that could be added to any tv with and Hdmi. People don't want that shit. I have 5 other devices hooked up to my tv right now with all those same features. And my tv also has all the exact same features(even motion and voice controls).

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

I feel the same. I'm assuming there is a cult happening.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Truth_Hurts_U said:

Considering all 3 active PSN friends got a PS4 and 2 local friends also got one... People are buying them. Not some secret government agency or something.

No one doubted that people are buying them. The question is... why?

If you have to ask that question....then I don't think you're in the right hobby.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

i guarantee the majority of people buying them are ex-xbox fanboys/xbox 360 owners that jumped ship.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Ya'll act like Call of Duty wasn't the biggest franchise last generation and the PS4 had the best version. Then, Johnny I Buy Madden Every Year is probably sick to death of playing it on the same console every year. Then, you had the new Assassin's Creed running beautifully on the PS4.

Why is it so hard to see that Johnny Casual had no qualms splashing $400 on a PS4? It's not as if you even had to wait to make the decision this time. 7 or 8 years is too damn long for a generation to go for and people very easily had the money to set aside for the new toy. Add on top of that, Microsoft might as well have herded their fanbase with cattle prods and pitchforks over to the Playstation and you have a recipe for success.

$400 doesn't even make a dent in most peoples tax returns or Christmas bonuses. Food for thought, people.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

This is real funny nobody has the slightest clue, or at least want to admit it but it's HYPE! Sony doesn't even know why! That says it all right there.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

"You need to understand why your products are selling well so you can plan for the future, right?" This is what happens when your previous gen lasts this long. People are thirsty for new tech and after almost 10y they better be... That's all there is to understand, not to mention that there's way more gamers nowdays than back in 05-06

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

That's just me, of course.

Oh no, it's not just you.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

1) Forever since last gen
2) No competition
3) Huge improvement over last-gen consoles

It's a no brainer why it's selling so well. What else are people supposed to spend their money on? A confused, overpriced console like the XB1? A console that has already given up like the WiiU? It's not like console gamers have a plethora of options.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

At $400 why bother waiting... The price alone is selling the PS4. It may not have the most exciting games right now, but why waste time and keep investing in a lastgen console. Many of us were fed up with the PS3 and 360 lasting as much as they did on the market.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

A dead PS4/X1/PC is still better than a Wii U.
Like someone said, the next gen multiplatforms will carry X1/PC/PS4 and developers are still working on next gen games and engines as we speak.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#82  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Sony right now

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

Is it really absurd to think that despite the lack of a meaty library right now, the UPCOMING lineup is what's prompting people to buy PS4s?

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

Not a bad problem to have really.

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

its because people wants to consume , same reason why a new iphone sells well every year, its a satisfaction to buy something, to go with the trend, to have most recent machine

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Sports look and play great on the ps4

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#87  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

I bought one last month and im simply in-love with it! :D

just got Plants vs zombies: Warfare earlier today for it and been playing it none stop lol

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

2015 will be a great year for the PS4. Easily another 10 million consoles will be sold. Don't forget a lot of 360 users purchased a PS4 over an XB1. Why do you think TLOU:Remastered is selling so well? The core gamers have chosen their console of choice this generation. The Xbox One will still sell decently, but the PS4 has it in the bag.

I also expect an Uncharted Trilogy: Remastered Edition just in time for the release of Uncharted 4. Possibly in the Summer of 2015.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#89 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Truth_Hurts_U said:

Considering all 3 active PSN friends got a PS4 and 2 local friends also got one... People are buying them. Not some secret government agency or something.

Same thing that happened with the Wii. Hype

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#90 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Truth_Hurts_U said:

because there is game to play... Infamous Second son., ,Killzone, Transisitor, Wolfenstien, Theif, AC IV, Watch Dogs, Last of US, War Thunder, War Frame, Diablo 3 ue, Battlefield 4, and tons of indies and cross buy downloadable titles. Those were my reasons with more coming up like:

Drive Club, Dragon Age, LBP3, Bloodborne, Dying light, Dead Island 2, Rime, Shadow of the Beast, Far Cry 4, AC rogue., etc....

And the fact it is the best specced console on the market at an affordable price, with a unique streaming feature that was available at launch. Sony also did everything right this launch.

Exclusives are not the only reason to buy a console...Just because your Nintendo consoles rely souly on that and don't get 3rd party games...Playstation has always been about having both. And it does and more release every week!

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

Why?

1. Powerful Hardware + $399 price tag = more bang for your buck, compared to the competition
  2. Hype also helps
  3. New PS4 owners coming to the fold
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#92 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@nervmeister: When is the last time anyone buys something knowing the value would diminish over time? (Me, but that was because I got an offer I couldn't refuse).

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#93 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Nice sneak-diss there

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

If these ppl had $500 to spend on such a shit product.....surely they are educated since they have the money to blow.

Just saying....poor ass.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#95  Edited By Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@intotheminx said:

I don't understand why they're selling so well either, it's not like they have a massive game library right now. There is hardly anything of quality to play. I think there will be a price cut before the big games release. It's what I'm waiting for. No reason to invest yet.

EDIT; Maybe the majority of PS3 owners made the switch already? I don't have the numbers to back that up, but if someone does please share. I have heard there are more 360 owners that haven't made the generation jump yet, who knows where they'll land.

wrong... it has more games than any other gen so far, both in multiplat and indie...

People are quick to forget this.... even the multiplats and remasters have value.

System wars mentality I suppose.

Shut up, only exclusives matter here!!1!1!

-Rhett81-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By -Rhett81-
Member since 2002 • 3569 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Truth_Hurts_U said:

Lots of pissed off former XBox players is my guess.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#98 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

I still bought one even knowing 1st year is always bad. One PS4 price goes down and the best games are out next year... just wow.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Dat butt hurt...

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

lmao lemmings so salty.

Nintendo messed up their marketing and Microsoft just plain fucked up from the go.