Sony to GOUGE it's consumers again as normal. MS offers far better value.

• 60 results
faponte13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By faponte13
Member since 2013 • 263 Posts

So the same as Microsoft. We already saw what EA is gonna do with upgrades and its not Smart Delivery.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

@briguyb13 said:

Cows like to re-buy games, and Sony is only too happy to give them what they want. I wonder how many will re-buy the following games on PS5 after purchasing them on PS4:

Cyberpunk 2077

Ghost of Tsushima

The Last of Us 2

?

And then re-re-buy GTA 5, probably.

why would they when the ps4 game will work in the ps5 and the ps5 will make it look better. same with the ps5 version just being upgraded versions of the ps4 games.

meaning in the ps5 the ps4 and ps5 versions will look the same. plus we don't know how these developers will handle the ps4 to ps5 versions there aloud to give the upgrade for free.

look at last of us one. ps3 version 30 fps the ps4 60fps and higher res.

they didn't change much from the ps3 and ps4 verions. they didn't remake the whole game.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever said:

Nice fake twist attempt but you can't play BC so Sony resells them to buffoons like you.

There is no twist you can't buy PS Now games,so you make a false claim.

And you completely ignore what i asked you,when will MS stop charging to play free to play games.

By the way technically you pay for everything that gamepass offer,and they offer xbox and xbox 360 games,so you are pating for old games,were ever you like it or not,and now that the whole generation will change you will pay basically for basically nothing but old games on gamepass,so much for sony charging you for BC when you get charge for exactly that.

@briguyb13 said:

Cows like to re-buy games, and Sony is only too happy to give them what they want. I wonder how many will re-buy the following games on PS5 after purchasing them on PS4:

Cyberpunk 2077

Ghost of Tsushima

The Last of Us 2

?

And then re-re-buy GTA 5, probably.

Yeah i guess that Halo Master chief collection was given free by MS on 2015,so was rare colletion,and gears remake...🤣

But is funy nintendo does the same as well i don't see you cry about it,hell nintendo has been making people rebuy Nes games for years on different platforms.

Why would they need to re buy games that will work on PS5?

To be fair, it appears Microsoft is running its Smart Delivery program in a similar fashion. Yes, according to Microsoft, all Xbox exclusives optimized for Xbox Series X will support free Smart Delivery upgrades. Publishers, however, will get to decide whether or not their third-party experiences take advantage of the program.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2020/06/17/ps4-to-ps5-game-upgrade-publishers/#:~:text=Report%3A%20Sony%20Will%20Allow%20Publishers,Receive%20Free%20Upgrades%20for%20PS5&text=Earlier%20this%20week%2C%20EA%20confirmed,Series%20X's%20Smart%20Delivery%20system.

If Cyberpunk doesn't allow for free upgrade is because they don't want to or MS mony hat them.

And i predicted this as well,i told people here that it will be up to developers and if one developer didn't have the option for PS5 and had it for series X is because there is a money hat in the middle period.

And is lol worthy people crediting MS for this they forgot sony had cross buy well before MS and did so this very same gen with several titles in 2013,but memory is poor on lemming land.

The fun part is that you and other buffoons attack sony for remasters,and dropping BC and Nintendo did exactly the same and people can't stop buying the switch and caring less about it.

Fact is BC is a nice feature but next gen is about new games not old ones,remake will always exist go tell activision to give Tony hawk for free for those who bought it on xbox and PS2 more than a decade ago.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts
@i_own_u_4ever said:
@gifford38 said:

so you gave a link saying there not sure how sony is going to handle ps4 games upgrades. then you turn it to a fact that sony is charging the ps4 owners to upgrade there game.

its up to the developers if they want to or not. its there product why can't they choose.

besides the ps4 game still works in the system and im sure they will have an update so that game plays the same as the ps5 version. ps5 version is just an update version of the ps4 game.

there not going reboot the entire code for there game on the ps5 there just updating the ps4 version.

of course its free on xbox because your still paying for the series x game version by paying for gamepass.

thing is is smart delivery free if you don't have gamepass? i think gamepass will only have the updated series x games for free.

No I said it's facts that Sony is well known for gouging their consumers with PS Now and double charging for games with lackluster BC. And I said it's a fact that MS is known for offering their consumers far better value. I then said it's looking like Sony is leaving the door open for them to give themselves more opportunity to gouge their customers.

lack luster bc. you know this because? the ps 5 is out and people are saying my ps4 games don't work in the system. this is how you know right? there are people saying the ps4 has 4000 titles and all of them need to work. let me ask you something does ever single xbox and 360 game ever made work in the xbox one? every single title. did every 360 or xbox game at day one play in the xbox one? nope it didn't.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 tormentos
@Pedro said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

@Pedro: That's not the same.

Requiring publishers to make upcoming PS4 games backwards compatible on PS5 hardware isn't the same as requiring publishers to produce and offer an upgraded PS5 version of the game.

Who said anything about it being the same. You said that Sony and Microsoft don't get to decide what developers can do but that is not entirely true because they can mandate requirements.

This is not entirely true.

MS nor Sony can force developer to give something that is their property free,hell MS could not even force EA use MS servers instead of EA ones.

That is a fact by the way no my opinion.

But i told you so remember a few months back i stated that if developers didn't have this option for the PS5 and was on series X would be because of a money hat? Yeah giving this to consumer is up to developers in both platforms.

@sealionact said:

@gifford38: "thing is is smart delivery free if you don't have gamepass? i think gamepass will only have the updated series x games for free"

Yes, it's free. That's the whole point of smart delivery. If I buy the x1 version of halo infinity while I wait to get an xsx, I get the xsx version at no added cost when i get the xsx.

If Sony made a last of us 2 remake for ps5, you pay for it again even if you bought it for ps4. Sony offering the bc version is not the same thing.

I don't know about that but what make you think sony can't have a graphical upgrade for TLOU2?

By the way sony did that before MS and ven did it this gen several games that were on PS3 wre given free in upgrade form to PS4 owners.

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 I_own_u_4ever
Member since 2020 • 647 Posts

Seeing Tormentos justify for Sony making Cows re buy games for a second time even if it's buying a PS Now subscription is like putting your hand in a blender and hitting the chop button.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever said:

Seeing Tormentos justify for Sony making Cows re buy games for a second time even if it's buying a PS Now subscription is like putting your hand in a blender and hitting the chop button.

Could you prove that by putting your hand in a blender and hitting the chop button? Would just like know to for certain that you're being factual. Much appreciated; you're so noble taking that hit for the rest of us.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By tormentos

@i_own_u_4ever:

Your act is getting old lemming.

You make a false claim.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#59 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

@tormentos said:

This is not entirely true.

MS nor Sony can force developer to give something that is their property free,hell MS could not even force EA use MS servers instead of EA ones.

That is a fact by the way no my opinion.

But i told you so remember a few months back i stated that if developers didn't have this option for the PS5 and was on series X would be because of a money hat? Yeah giving this to consumer is up to developers in both platforms.

What are you even babbling about? Let me guess, you saw my name and that alone triggered a response. 🙄

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever said:

Sigh!!! Sony and their continued gouging because they are struggling in other parts of their company so they always offer less and charging more to it's consumers.

These are facts. Sony double charges it's consumers for games you already own then wants you to buy again on PS Now. Sony is always doing less and charging more then MS does in similar regards.

This should be a no brainier you would think, but clearly Sony is holding out options for themselves to somehow make profits off of game upgrades whenever they possibly can.

There is ZERO argument that Sony even comes close to the value MS offers it's consumers with things like BC, Game Pass, Game Sales on Xbox Live, and Smart Delivery.

The writing is on the wall by Sony saying leave it up to the developer clearly means the developer will likely want to charge something and of course Sony will get a piece of that.

https://gamingbolt.com/ps4-to-ps5-game-upgrades-up-to-publishers-discretion-report

which alt are you.