Sony to GOUGE it's consumers again as normal. MS offers far better value.

• 60 results
I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By I_own_u_4ever
Member since 2020 • 647 Posts

Sigh!!! Sony and their continued gouging because they are struggling in other parts of their company so they always offer less and charging more to it's consumers.

These are facts. Sony double charges it's consumers for games you already own then wants you to buy again on PS Now. Sony is always doing less and charging more then MS does in similar regards.

This should be a no brainier you would think, but clearly Sony is holding out options for themselves to somehow make profits off of game upgrades whenever they possibly can.

There is ZERO argument that Sony even comes close to the value MS offers it's consumers with things like BC, Game Pass, Game Sales on Xbox Live, and Smart Delivery.

The writing is on the wall by Sony saying leave it up to the developer clearly means the developer will likely want to charge something and of course Sony will get a piece of that.

https://gamingbolt.com/ps4-to-ps5-game-upgrades-up-to-publishers-discretion-report

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Doesn't know what fact means, go figure.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

Not all titles will be supported by MS' Smart Delivery. Their plan is the same, just with a catchy name.

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 I_own_u_4ever

@Zero_epyon said:

Not all titles will be supported by MS' Smart Delivery. Their plan is the same, just with a catchy name.

Then why wouldn't Sony just come out and give a clear plan it's so simple, this should be a no brainier. This reeks of Sony leaving the door open to make a few bucks off of this, as some developers will likely charge to upgrade. What MS has done is said we won't charge at all.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

so you gave a link saying there not sure how sony is going to handle ps4 games upgrades. then you turn it to a fact that sony is charging the ps4 owners to upgrade there game.

its up to the developers if they want to or not. its there product why can't they choose.

besides the ps4 game still works in the system and im sure they will have an update so that game plays the same as the ps5 version. ps5 version is just an update version of the ps4 game.

there not going reboot the entire code for there game on the ps5 there just updating the ps4 version.

of course its free on xbox because your still paying for the series x game version by paying for gamepass.

thing is is smart delivery free if you don't have gamepass? i think gamepass will only have the updated series x games for free.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

Cows love to be milked.the only reason the ps5 is so big is a slim version will emerge a few years down the track

You know it,I know it

HaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-642321fb121ca

@bluestars said:

Cows love to be milked.the only reason the ps5 is so big is a slim version will emerge a few years down the track

You know it,I know it

HaH

Bit like Xbox then?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Then why wouldn't Sony just come out and give a clear plan it's so simple, this should be a no brainier. This reeks of Sony leaving the door open to make a few bucks off of this, as some developers will likely charge to upgrade. What MS has done is said we won't charge at all.

Cause they're not ready to yet maybe? I don't know. But clearly Smart Deliver doesn't cover all games and Sony's coming out and saying it's up to other publishers if they want to offer that. Which is also a duh because MS or Sony can't force external publishers to give away free upgrades.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11088 Posts

What if you want to buy PSNow for other games you don't own?

Smart Delivery is just a marketing term on MS's part. It's guaranteed on their first party titles, because they're all crossgen for now, PS5 first party games are not. Third parties will do it at their own discretion, the same for PS5.

MS still charges people for free-to-play games.

MS no longer allows you to sell or give away game codes that come with your console

Having to invest in AA batteries sucks

You have to play gimped AAAs for the first year or two

You can keep that value.

WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10 WeRVenom
Member since 2020 • 479 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever: I'd hate to tell you but MS is doing the exact same thing. GTAV is also coming to XSX.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

In before lock and me3x12's subsequent ban.

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By I_own_u_4ever

@gifford38 said:

so you gave a link saying there not sure how sony is going to handle ps4 games upgrades. then you turn it to a fact that sony is charging the ps4 owners to upgrade there game.

its up to the developers if they want to or not. its there product why can't they choose.

besides the ps4 game still works in the system and im sure they will have an update so that game plays the same as the ps5 version. ps5 version is just an update version of the ps4 game.

there not going reboot the entire code for there game on the ps5 there just updating the ps4 version.

of course its free on xbox because your still paying for the series x game version by paying for gamepass.

thing is is smart delivery free if you don't have gamepass? i think gamepass will only have the updated series x games for free.

No I said it's facts that Sony is well known for gouging their consumers with PS Now and double charging for games with lackluster BC. And I said it's a fact that MS is known for offering their consumers far better value. I then said it's looking like Sony is leaving the door open for them to give themselves more opportunity to gouge their customers.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bluestars

@Random_Matt:

No

Xbox S was an upgrade it added a 4k player 4k apps ,hdr And freesinc ...not a skinny clone like PS4

Bless

HaH

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 I_own_u_4ever
@wervenom said:

@i_own_u_4ever: I'd hate to tell you but MS is doing the exact same thing. GTAV is also coming to XSX.

Rockstar actually need to be put in their place on this one and get a reality check. I hope everyone boycotts this pathetic greed by Rockstar with this lame 3rd and 4th remaster.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-642321fb121ca

@bluestars said:

@Random_Matt:

No

Xbox S was an upgrade it added a 4k player 4k apps ,hdr And freesinc ...not a skinny clone like PS4

Bless

HaH

Who said I was limiting myself to this gen.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bluestars

@Random_Matt:

Ah so your guessing MS will bring out a slim Xbox series x?

Priceless HAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-642321fb121ca

@bluestars said:

@Random_Matt:

Ah so your guessing MS will bring out a slim Xbox series x?

Priceless HAH

Who knows, just saying new versions are not exclusive to Sony.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#18 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69477 Posts

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bluestars

Yea,I don’t think the ps5 and the XBSX That release in November will be that last throughout the gen

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever:

Fact you cant buy games on PS Now buffoon is a rental service,next time take the time to investigate and wipe your tears so you can see better.🤣🤣🤣

By the way MS cant force developers to give free upgrade on games,is totally dependent on developers.

By the way do you have any idea when MS will stop charging for free to play games?

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 I_own_u_4ever

@tormentos said:

@i_own_u_4ever:

Fact you cant buy games on PS Now buffoon is a rental service,next time take the time to investigate and wipe your tears so you can see better.🤣🤣🤣

By the way MS cant force developers to give free upgrade on games,is totally dependent on developers.

By the way do you have any idea when MS will stop charging for free to play games?

Nice fake twist attempt but you can't play BC so Sony resells them to buffoons like you.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Cows like to re-buy games, and Sony is only too happy to give them what they want. I wonder how many will re-buy the following games on PS5 after purchasing them on PS4:

Cyberpunk 2077

Ghost of Tsushima

The Last of Us 2

?

And then re-re-buy GTA 5, probably.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@gifford38: "thing is is smart delivery free if you don't have gamepass? i think gamepass will only have the updated series x games for free"

Yes, it's free. That's the whole point of smart delivery. If I buy the x1 version of halo infinity while I wait to get an xsx, I get the xsx version at no added cost when i get the xsx.

If Sony made a last of us 2 remake for ps5, you pay for it again even if you bought it for ps4. Sony offering the bc version is not the same thing.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

I know the dude can be a troll but some shit maybe up with sony. Why dont they just brand it crossbuy like with vita and get it over with. They have some big ps4 games they want people to not wait for ps5.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gifford38

@sealionact said:

@gifford38: "thing is is smart delivery free if you don't have gamepass? i think gamepass will only have the updated series x games for free"

Yes, it's free. That's the whole point of smart delivery. If I buy the x1 version of halo infinity while I wait to get an xsx, I get the xsx version at no added cost when i get the xsx.

If Sony made a last of us 2 remake for ps5, you pay for it again even if you bought it for ps4. Sony offering the bc version is not the same thing.

if you have gamepass playing the game on xbox one x. you buy a series x gamepass will have the series x version that is free because your paying for gamepass that is why its free.

but if you go buy the disc of halo will they give you another halo series x disc or is that disc you put it in the series x is it just upgraded to the new version? because these games are just upgrades of last gen games.

thing is is it free with digital versions of the games? if you buy digital versions of the game not using gamepass is it still free?

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

I was hoping to get better info/insight. Instead, it's a complete lack of what facts and value mean.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@gifford38: Again, yes. It doesnt matter if you buy physical or digital. You will get the xsx version download for free. This has nothing to do with gamepass.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

@bluestars said:

@Random_Matt:

No

Bless

HaH

The reason why MS did this was because of their initial launch units being trash. This generation and last gen, they had no choice but to upgrade.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gifford38

@sealionact said:

@gifford38: Again, yes. It doesnt matter if you buy physical or digital. You will get the xsx version download for free. This has nothing to do with gamepass.

i don't know about the disc. xbox knows you could download the new one. then hand the xbox one game to another person and they get it for free to then hand it off to another person and so on.

the third party could loss so much money that way.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44169 Posts

@gifford38: You still need the disc to run the game. Just like you still need to have the disc in to run any other game that you have installed already. Same with backwards compatible games . You put a BC game disc in and it’ll download the full digital version of that game for free but you still need to put that disc in whenever you want to play that game as a verification of ownership.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bluestars

@ermacness:

That damage control needs an upgrade HAH

Initially launch Xbox trash...lies

No RROD to back you up kid

Xb1s was not the Xbox one slim

Bless

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@sealionact said:

i don't know about the disc. xbox knows you could download the new one. then hand the xbox one game to another person and they get it for free to then hand it off to another person and so on.

Still need the disc to run the game.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

I am guessing MS will be doing the same. Though the XB1/PS4 games should be playable on next gen consoles, whether games get a next gen upgrade, whether it's free, whether they want everyone paying top dollar for new version, it's going to be up to the publishers.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pedro  Online

@gifford38 said:

How can you be so ignorant man?😩

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Cannot wait for PS5.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Ms will do the same, all about the money.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Pedro  Online

@Heil68 said:

Nonsense. Sony cares about gaming and gamers. 😎

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

I'm not sure why this needs to be said but, platform holders like Sony and Microsoft don't get to decide whether a game 1) gets an upgraded version and 2) the cost (if any) of the upgrade *beyond their own games.*

----

Sadly, they didn't seem to have asked Sony if they would provide upgrades to their own published games.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pedro  Online

@Nonstop-Madness said:

I'm not sure why this needs to be said but, platform holders like Sony and Microsoft don't get to decide whether a game 1) gets an upgraded version and 2) the cost (if any) of the upgrade *beyond their own games.*

----

Sadly, they didn't seem to have asked Sony if they would provide upgrades to their own published games.

Not entirely true. They can mandate it. Sony is now requiring all PS4 games post some July date to have PS5 support.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

I'm convinced the average age on this forum is 12

Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Nonstop-Madness

@Pedro: That's not the same.

Requiring publishers to make upcoming PS4 games backwards compatible on PS5 hardware isn't the same as requiring publishers to produce and offer an upgraded PS5 version of the game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pedro  Online

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Requiring publishers to make upcoming PS4 games backwards compatible on PS5 hardware isn't the same as requiring publishers to produce and offer an upgraded PS5 version of the game.

Who said anything about it being the same. You said that Sony and Microsoft don't get to decide what developers can do but that is not entirely true because they can mandate requirements.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

Xbox provides zero value from any PC players perspective. Only Nintendo and Sony have some good products not available on PC.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Heil68 said:

Nonsense. Sony cares about gaming and gamers. 😎

Goes without saying, it's the core of their Live, Love and Learn philosophy.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ermacness

@bluestars:

But in BOTH iterations, their "s" models always came out better built with features missing from their initial builds. The ps4 slim basically remained the same as the launch ps4 as far as hardware goes, but the ps3 slim was lacking some features that the original 60 gig models came with. The original xb1 didn't have a 4k bluray player in it amongst other features.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Lots of value is what a dollar store says.

Followed by low quality.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Bluestars

@ermacness:

I don’t know where your going with this but Xbox one doesn’t have a slim version,it has a S upgrade and an s all digital upgrade....the PS4 has a slim clone

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ermacness

@bluestars:

Then what in the hell does the "s" stands for?

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Bluestars

Obviously not slim HAH

You see as I have already stated a “slim” is a smaller version but identical otherwise

Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Nonstop-Madness

@Pedro said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

Who said anything about it being the same. You said that Sony and Microsoft don't get to decide what developers can do but that is not entirely true because they can mandate requirements.

They can mandate whatever they want but, that doesn't mean publishers will comply.

Publishers don't owe Sony or Microsoft their games.

So I'll say it again, ... platform holders don't get to decide if a game gets an upgrade.