Sony sold just under 500,000 PSVR headsets last quarter alone: "PSVR Dominates Newly Resurgent VR Gaming Market"

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@quadknight said:

@commander: You ever heard of the aim controller for PSVR? Yea, it destroys every other input method when it comes to immersion in VR shooting games. You need to try it sometime dude. None of those games you mentioned touch RE7 VR, you need to try it first before you start making any claims. RE7 VR is legit, there’s a reason why it’s pretty much guaranteed to win most of the VR GOTY awards this year.

don't be ridiculous, a frantic shootout already messes up the tracking on the aim controller, forget about turning around as well. It might work better than the move controllers, it still can't handle fast movements and fast rotation, which is kinda immersion breaking in multiplayer shooters or any shooter for that matter.

I don't know whoever told you that it destroys every other input, but that's not the case, the oculus touch will follow every movement one to one, and it's more than just shooters, I play a boxing game on the rift and it's that precise it can measure the force you're hitting with. Not to mention the setup and maintenance is much easier as well. Any light source will already screw up the tracking, complete darkness will cause light bleed that also messes up the tracking.

You're really comparing apples and oranges here.

If you think re7 has any chance against robo recall then you clearly have not played it, I can rip off a robots arm and hit him with it. I can take a robot by his leg, spin around and tackle all the robots that surround me. The immersion level is just not comparable.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts
@commander said:
@quadknight said:

@commander: You ever heard of the aim controller for PSVR? Yea, it destroys every other input method when it comes to immersion in VR shooting games. You need to try it sometime dude. None of those games you mentioned touch RE7 VR, you need to try it first before you start making any claims. RE7 VR is legit, there’s a reason why it’s pretty much guaranteed to win most of the VR GOTY awards this year.

don't be ridiculous, a frantic shootout already messes up the tracking on the aim controller, forget about turning around as well. It might work better than the move controllers, it still can't handle fast movements and fast rotation, which is kinda immersion breaking in multiplayer shooters or any shooter for that matter.

I don't know whoever told you that it destroys every other input, but that's not the case, the oculus touch will follow every movement one to one, and it's more than just shooters, I play a boxing game on the rift and it's that precise it can measure the force you're hitting with. Not to mention the setup and maintenance is much easier as well. Any light source will already screw up the tracking, complete darkness will cause light bleed that also messes up the tracking.

You're really comparing apples and oranges here.

If you think re7 has any chance against robo recall then you clearly have not played it, I can rip off a robots arm and hit him with it. I can take a robot by his leg, spin around and tackle all the robots that surround me. The immersion level is just not comparable.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By commander

@reduc_ab_ said:
@quadknight said:

Yeah, I'm not really sure what's up with him. He was positive, or at least neutral, about PSVR a while ago, but lately it seems like he just feels the need to be down on it. I'm pretty sure he doesn't even know about the Aim controller, or else he's just ignoring that it exists. Using the Aim makes rifle handling a breeze with PSVR. On top of that, the PSVR has the biggest name games so far among the higher end headsets. It's like he's ignoring all that. **shrugs**

Whoever said I wasn't positive about the psvr, it's a great system to get into vr, but comparing it with the rift is just ridiculous. When I started with vr, I tried the oculus dk2 and the psvr and I opted for the dk2, for the superior tracking. However since the oculus dk2 is not actually an official headset, it lacks support and I became quickly frustrated with it, but at that point I only spend like 150$ on the headset, while the psvr was still rocking 400$.

When the rift got on sale, I took the plunge and since then I saw what a gap there is between the psvr and the rift in features and quality. I can play basketball with the rift for christ sake and the image quality is much better because a pc can be much stronger than a ps4 or ps4 pro.

The oculus touch ables me to do gestures, and the tracking of the headset and the controllers are impeccable. It supports roomscale play area's and it has content that makes use of all of these features, do I need to say more? apart form the fact that it is hella expensive...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@commander: Cool. You like your headset, I like mine. Have fun!

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By commander

@reduc_ab_ said:

@commander: Cool. You like your headset, I like mine. Have fun!

what did you expect? this is system wars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@commander: Battle on, warrior. ;)

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@stereointegrity said:

Lems and herms are coming to talk shit... Get ready bro

Run to your safe space then.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By commander

@xantufrog said:

@commander: plenty of things that are cheap don't have the market share. Like the X1. It seems a bit dismissive to say "eh, Civics are only selling well because they are cheaper than A4s". Nothing wrong with those who only feel comfortable going in on a Civic instead of an A4 - especially in this case where the tech in question is kind of just barely proving itself and the risk of investing too much in a dud is offputting

You don't have to take it that seriously, I was only able to play halflife and unreal back in the end nineties because my parents bought me a pc for college (which is pretty much free here btw). My parents weren't rich or anything but they did made a big investment and so I ended up with a pII 333 mhz in 1999. If it wasn't for that I would have been stuck with my sega 16 bit, or maybe I would have touched my saving for a ps one, but a pc was going to be too much of an investment. I didn't really need a pc, but it did make my college life a lot easier.

Either way, the playstation had some great games, but nothing like halflife or unreal. Vr is kinda the same thing right now, sure you can do some nice things with psvr, but it's no match for the pc offerings. That's on a whole other level, no matter how creative sony devs have gotten or how much money they paid for (timed) exclusives. I push buttons with my index finger and grab stuff by actually grabbing. I pull a grenade pin between my index finger and thumb and I can do the supermanpunch.

I jump at a rocket, grab in in mid air and throw it back. Make no mistake, the psvr is good enough for a seated or even standing experience, but the rift is good at that as well, with better image quality, but it can do a whole lot more and there's premium content for all that as well.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

PSVR sale, sale numbers increase...imagine that.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Daniel_Su123
Member since 2015 • 1103 Posts

@navyguy21 said:
@davillain- said:
@navyguy21 said:

Pretty good for PSVR, but it's not high end. It's more consumer level than anything else. Vive and Rift are high end. PSVRs screen resolution and refresh rate are too low for high end. It's great with the right game though. Skyrim isn't one of them imo. Maybe fallout 4 will be better. My wife wants to get a VR set and I'm thinking the PSVR for her since we just got the Pro

The games on PS4 for the VR exclusive games kinda makes up for owning a PSVR and I heard lots of praises using PSVR to play Resident Evil 7 in VR is the best one out there. So I think your wife would enjoy RE7 VR experience.

I'll still get a HTC Vive however, now that I finally got myself a GTX 1080Ti from Cyber Monday, I'll go get a Vive next year.

Unfortunately she hates scary movies and games. It's why I own RE7 on PC and have never played it lol. I have to do some research on PSVR though, I know a ton of PC games for VR but not many good PSVR games. She likes games like overcooked, simple games like that. Hopefully Minecraft gets VR support, that's right up her alley

Unlikely. Minecraft isn't getting any new DLCs for PS4. How the heck would MS give VR support for PSVR? They support all platforms except Vive and PSVR.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Cool I guess.

I am still meh on VR in general.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@commander: You’re speaking from ignorance. I can already tell you’ve never used the Aim controller before. It has perfect tracking of your gun and it’s sights in real time. Play Far Point with all its frantic shoot outs and you’ll see that it really has no equal when it comes to VR gun input methods. You seem to think the Aim controller is like Move controllers, you can’t be more wrong. I bet you RE7 does a clean sweep of the VR GOTY awards this year and Robo Recall barely gets a mention.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@quadknight said:

@commander: You’re speaking from ignorance. I can already tell you’ve never used the Aim controller before. It has perfect tracking of your gun and it’s sights in real time. Play Far Point with all its frantic shoot outs and you’ll see that it really has no equal when it comes to VR gun input methods. You seem to think the Aim controller is like Move controllers, you can’t be more wrong. I bet you RE7 does a clean sweep of the VR GOTY awards this year and Robo Recall barely gets a mention.

Yep. I suspected as much before. His replies in this thread just prove it. The Aim literally has perfect tracking with the correct setup. It doesn't matter how frantic gunfights get.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#64 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Nice to see new tech doing reasonably well and not crashing and burning at launch. It remains to be seen how much traction it will have, however as a fan of sci-fi and new tech gadgets and such, I'll keep an eye out and would like to try it one day. The Star Trek game and that other Sci-fi title with the 2 scientists looked interesting(Farpoint I think it was called).

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#65 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19587 Posts
@daniel_su123 said:

@Heil68: Sony is NOT an innovative company.

They used to be. But not anymore.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@pimphand_gamer said:
@stereointegrity said:

Lems and herms are coming to talk shit... Get ready bro

Run to your safe space then.

no clue what a safe space is.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Daniel_Su123

@Jag85: tbh they’ll probably try to copy everything when Microsoft comes into the console VR game via OEMs.

Last I heard was that they wanted wireless VR HMDs. So this could be that the Xbox VR HMD from an PC OEM would be standalone but able to wireless connect to the Xbox One Console.

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

How the turns have tabled, herms and lems. They said PSVR would sell the worst, and now it ends up selling the best.

Now they go "Of course it sells the most because there's lots of PS4s out there." Then why didn't you say that before? There's also lots of PCs out there you know

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By commander

@reduc_ab_ said:
@quadknight said:

Yep. I suspected as much before. His replies in this thread just prove it. The Aim literally has perfect tracking with the correct setup. It doesn't matter how frantic gunfights get.

Saying it's the best vr input is kinda ridiculous if you can't even turn around.

Besides, I don't need to try it out to know it is not as precise as the oculus touch and vive wands. Reviews can be quite informative...

'I did notice there is a bit more wiggle in the accuracy of the Aim controller versus what I was used to on the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, but that’s likely due to the single camera tracking of the PlayStation VR'

https://www.polygon.com/virtual-reality/2017/7/4/15918506/playstation-vr-arizona-sunshine-aim-controller-review-preview

IF sony would actually add a second camera , it would open up a lot of possiblities.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2074 Posts

I'm still not sold on this tech in general. As we know selling a lot of units is great doesn't mean you'll have a lasting impact, see Wii, See Kinect.

WallofTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By WallofTruth
Member since 2013 • 3471 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

I stopped reading after the high end bit LOL.

EDIT: To elaborate further...

High end, to be of better quality and usually of higher price, and the PSVR is neither, also love the "on the lower end of high end" comment, that's gold LMFAO.

It's mid tier at best.

Also when the guy in charge of all things PSVR that made actual design changes to it says it's not high end you know you've lost the fight cows, just give it up already, he even says it has to be affordable, again something you don't associate with high end.

My work here is done :)

You don't have to be thatsalty though.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56219 Posts

@walloftruth said:
@i_p_daily said:

I stopped reading after the high end bit LOL.

EDIT: To elaborate further...

High end, to be of better quality and usually of higher price, and the PSVR is neither, also love the "on the lower end of high end" comment, that's gold LMFAO.

It's mid tier at best.

Also when the guy in charge of all things PSVR that made actual design changes to it says it's not high end you know you've lost the fight cows, just give it up already, he even says it has to be affordable, again something you don't associate with high end.

My work here is done :)

You don't have to be thatsalty though.

I'm sure he was just joking. He doesn't seem to really hate VR in general then he's letting on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#73 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

lol cows still thinking psvr is going to become a thing...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#74 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

@kingtito said:

So what's the attach rate with the PS4 then? 5% or less hahahaha and you're making another thread to claim it's a success? It's a peripheral with less than 5% of the base after a full year and only getting bigger. 24M kinects and cows called it a failure, what would you call 2M then? An epic, monstrous colossal failure?

LOL, this

It's basically a FLOP.

67+ million PS4 users World Wide......hmmmm....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@commander said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@quadknight said:

Saying it's the best vr input is kinda ridiculous if you can't even turn around.

Besides, I don't need to try it out to know it is not as precise as the oculus touch and vive wands. Reviews can be quite informative...

'I did notice there is a bit more wiggle in the accuracy of the Aim controller versus what I was used to on the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, but that’s likely due to the single camera tracking of the PlayStation VR'

https://www.polygon.com/virtual-reality/2017/7/4/15918506/playstation-vr-arizona-sunshine-aim-controller-review-preview

IF sony would actually add a second camera , it would open up a lot of possiblities.

Oh, I see. So now you're cherry picking random quotes from critics about a random game to make up for the fact that you've never even used the device you're talking about. On top of that, polygon is talking about Arizona Sunshine previous to its latest patch, which fixes many issues on the PSVR version. As far as cherry picking goes, hey, I can do that too! Fun!

From cnet, which states (Farpoint comparison) that the Aim beats the Oculus and HTC controller options:

https://www.cnet.com/products/sony-ps-vr-aim-controller/

"They lept through the air like Half-Life's infamous headcrabs in an attempt to eat my brains, or shot huge globes of noxious acid to melt my flesh and bones. But with the Aim, I could pick them off with precision before they even hit the ground.

Mind you, I've played some fantastic shooting games on the HTC Vive and [with] Oculus Touch controllers, too. This was different. Nothing I've played for the Rift or Vive's two separate controllers has felt quite this intuitive."

IGN Aim review: 9/10 "Amazing"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/25/playstation-vr-aim-controller-review

Quote from the article:

"It provides a much-needed layer direct contact between you and the virtual world, and smartly placed and well-designed buttons, lightweight design, rumble feedback, and 1:1 tracking with the PlayStation camera make it feel responsive and a joy to use. This is one of the missing pieces that can take VR to the next level"

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By QuadKnight

@reduc_ab_ said:
@commander said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@quadknight said:

Oh, I see. So now you're cherry picking random quotes from critics about a random game to make up for the fact that you've never even used the device you're talking about. On top of that, polygon is talking about Arizona Sunshine previous to its latest patch, which fixes many issues on the PSVR version. As far as cherry picking goes, hey, I can do that too! Fun!

From cnet, which states (Farpoint comparison) that the Aim beats the Oculus and HTC controller options:

"They lept through the air like Half-Life's infamous headcrabs in an attempt to eat my brains, or shot huge globes of noxious acid to melt my flesh and bones. But with the Aim, I could pick them off with precision before they even hit the ground.

Mind you, I've played some fantastic shooting games on the HTC Vive and [with] Oculus Touch controllers, too. This was different. Nothing I've played for the Rift or Vive's two separate controllers has felt quite this intuitive."

Quote from the article:

"It provides a much-needed layer direct contact between you and the virtual world, and smartly placed and well-designed buttons, lightweight design, rumble feedback, and 1:1 tracking with the PlayStation camera make it feel responsive and a joy to use. This is one of the missing pieces that can take VR to the next level"

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By commander

@reduc_ab_ said:
@commander said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@quadknight said:

Quote from the article:

The fact that this reviewer praises the two handed setup for the aim controller is not a surprise, since all other setups are one handed. It does have disadvantages when you're using single handed weapons. Not to mention the oculus touch is much more ergonomic for longer sessions, and you have mods for two handed weapons too. Forget about any other game that doesn't use two handed weapons as well, are you playing skyrim with that aim controller?

But that's not even what this discusion is about, it's about the tracking. I don't need to use it to know that light tracking is inferior to infrared tracking and that one camera is not enough for perfect tracking. It might work well enough for the psvr setup and the selection of psvr games but it's not on the same level as the vive and touch, the correct features like the motion sensors for the light tracking are not sufficient for that. A second camera would already be a major difference, but you would stil have the problems of light bleed in the dark, or interference from other light sources.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@commander: Just take the L, sweetie. Move on. ;)

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Daniel_Su123

@whatafailure said:

How the turns have tabled, herms and lems. They said PSVR would sell the worst, and now it ends up selling the best.

Now they go "Of course it sells the most because there's lots of PS4s out there." Then why didn't you say that before? There's also lots of PCs out there you know

The reason why PSVR is doing the best is because of its ease of setup.

Rift and Vive have complex setups that make it unattractive.

Though Microsoft's Windows MR setup is very easy to setup. So I expect Windows MR to dominate PC VR and extend that dominance to Xbox consoles.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By commander

@reduc_ab_ said:

the l for what lol, you and quackknight cheering don't change the facts. nor the reviewer because he can hold a two handed gun. You can't even turn around lmao.

the tracking on psvr is inferior , on the headset and the controllers, end of story.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@commander said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

the l for what lol, you and quackknight cheering don't change the facts. nor the reviewer because he can hold a two handed gun. You can't even turn around lmao.

the tracking on psvr is inferior , on the headset and the controllers, end of story.

I just provided two outstanding Aim reviews from major sites, one of which outright states it is the best shooting option for VR, and you poo-poo it right after using the same tactic in reverse. Riiiiiiiiight.

Anyway. Hermit fanboys are bad enough, but hermit VR fanboys? Sheesh. You guys are the worst. I've never talked sh_t about the Vive or Oculus. I think they're great. And I think the PSVR is great. I think all VR fans should come together and celebrate this new medium. Unfortunately, some (like you), are extremely salty over the PSVR's continuing success. Ah. Oh well. Not everyone is levelheaded, I suppose. Have a nice day! ;)

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By commander

@reduc_ab_ said:
@commander said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

I just provided two outstanding Aim reviews from major sites, one of which outright states it is the best shooting option for VR, and you poo-poo it right after using the same tactic in reverse. Riiiiiiiiight.

Anyway. Hermit fanboys are bad enough, but hermit VR fanboys? Sheesh. You guys are the worst. I've never talked sh_t about the Vive or Oculus. I think they're great. And I think the PSVR is great. I think all VR fans should come together and celebrate this new medium. Unfortunately, some (like you), are extremely salty over the PSVR's continuing success. Ah. Oh well. Not everyone is levelheaded, I suppose. Have a nice day! ;)

read it and weep

In terms of tracking effectiveness, it seemed to work about the same, or slightly better than, PlayStation’s Move controllers. The light bulb at the end has to be pointed at the camera at all times and there is a definitive floor and ceiling to the tracking range.

For example, if I lift the controller up above my head or hold it too far below my waist, the camera can no longer see it. Erratic and quick movements also caused the camera to get fussy and lose track of my exact position.

In most cases this is fine but if I’m in the middle of an intense firefight, it sucks that I can’t spin around behind me and have to instead use the analog stick to turn. Or I can’t kneel down to take cover behind something because the camera can no longer see where the gun is located.

For what it’s worth, a lot of these issues could be solved if Sony introduced a second tracking camera or another better way to track the lights of the headset and controllers.

https://uploadvr.com/psvr-aim-controller-review/

fanboy reviews don't change the facts, the psvr uses the same technique as the oculus touch for tracking, only it uses light instead of infrared and it only uses one camera. Without a second camera you have no case and even then it won't be as good, since infrared is much better for tracking, it has no interference.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@commander said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@commander said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

read it and weep

In terms of tracking effectiveness, it seemed to work about the same, or slightly better than, PlayStation’s Move controllers. The light bulb at the end has to be pointed at the camera at all times and there is a definitive floor and ceiling to the tracking range.

For example, if I lift the controller up above my head or hold it too far below my waist, the camera can no longer see it. Erratic and quick movements also caused the camera to get fussy and lose track of my exact position.

In most cases this is fine but if I’m in the middle of an intense firefight, it sucks that I can’t spin around behind me and have to instead use the analog stick to turn. Or I can’t kneel down to take cover behind something because the camera can no longer see where the gun is located.

For what it’s worth, a lot of these issues could be solved if Sony introduced a second tracking camera or another better way to track the lights of the headset and controllers.

fanboy reviews don't change the fact, the psvr uses the same technique as the oculus touch for tracking, only it uses light instead of infrared, without a second camera you have no case.

More cherry picking. Lovely. I could sit here and provide a dozen opposite results. I won't do that, however, as this point has already been amply proven in this very thread: nothing will change the fact that you are talking straight out of your hermit ass, having never even touched the Aim controller, let alone used it. Salty is as salty does, sweetie. How's the view from Mt. Saltmore? It must be painful watching the PSVR dominate the VR market month after month after month.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By commander

@reduc_ab_ said:
@commander said:

read it and weep

fanboy reviews don't change the fact, the psvr uses the same technique as the oculus touch for tracking, only it uses light instead of infrared, without a second camera you have no case.

More cherry picking. I see you've moved onto picking on the move controllers. Lovely. I could sit here and provide a dozen opposite results. I won't do that, however, as this point has already been amply proven in this very thread: nothing will change the fact that you are talking straight out of your hermit ass. Salty is as salty does, sweetie. How's the view from Mt. Saltmore? It must be painful watching the PSVR dominate the VR market month after month after month.

What do I care about the market and how are you going to prove what? that one camera is the same as two for positional tracking, that normal light is just as good as infrared.

Just accept the fact that it has a lot less possibilities and virtually no advantages compared to the other headsets apart from price, and there's no shame in that, the price difference is big enough to be a major perk for sony's headset, and it is a good headset, if they had support for two camera's I would have considered buying it instead of the oculus.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#85 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Cheapest headset sells the most units while the most expensive sells the least and the mid priced unit sold less than the cheapest and more than the most expensive. Shocking statistic, I can't think of that ever happening before. It's almost as though people who want VR games are buying what they can afford.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#86 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

Lack of choice increases the chance of acceptance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@commander:

Something you don't seem to understand. I love all VR devices. I think the Vive and Oculus are great tech. I think the tracking systems are great. I think they are better than the PSVR's tracking system in general. When Sony comes out with a new tracking system, I'll think that is great, too. Right now, as far as fps VR shooting goes, I don't think anything beats the Aim controller experience. A lot of other people think that too, but this doesn't even matter. The only thing that matters is that we are all VR fans. I'm not upset. I have no need to go around talking down the Vive or Oculus in any respect. Why do you feel the need to talk down the PSVR? Ask yourself that. Oh, and I don't need an answer, as I already know what it is (cough cough, salty VR hermit, cough cough).

With that said, have a nice day (again). I really mean it. And enjoy your VR games! ;)

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 QuadKnight

@GarGx1: Too bad your logic fails to explain why the XboneS is selling like crap despite being the cheapest console right now. Cheapest doesn’t always mean sales.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Still hasn’t sold as many units as Kinect and that was an abject failure right Cows.

The VR fad is about to run out of steam. By the end of 2018 these things will be $100.

Lol Kinect.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 QuadKnight

@Ant_17 said:
@kuu2 said:

Still hasn’t sold as many units as Kinect and that was an abject failure right Cows.

The VR fad is about to run out of steam. By the end of 2018 these things will be $100.

Lol Kinect.

lol rekt.

Hilarious when lems bring up Kinect considering it's completely dead and isn't being manufactured anymore and almost killed the Xbone.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Daniel_Su123

@reduc_ab_ said:

@commander:

Something you don't seem to understand. I love all VR devices. I think the Vive and Oculus are great tech. I think the tracking systems are great. I think they are better than the PSVR's tracking system in general. When Sony comes out with a new tracking system, I'll think that is great, too. Right now, as far as fps VR shooting goes, I don't think anything beats the Aim controller experience. A lot of other people think that too, but this doesn't even matter. The only thing that matters is that we are all VR fans. I'm not upset. I have no need to go around talking down the Vive or Oculus in any respect. Why do you feel the need to talk down the PSVR? Ask yourself that. Oh, and I don't need an answer, as I already know what it is (cough cough, salty VR hermit, cough cough).

With that said, have a nice day (again). I really mean it. And enjoy your VR games! ;)

The future of VR tracking is inside out tracking and Microsoft is already there.

Even with Microsoft themselves not in the VR race, we are already see that Microsoft has a strong influence in the future of VR and where it is going.

Unlike Vive, Rift and PSVR etc, Windows MR OEMs aren't tied to a generation and can pull out as many VR improves as they like.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@reduc_ab_ said:

More cherry picking. Lovely. I could sit here and provide a dozen opposite results. I won't do that, however, as this point has already been amply proven in this very thread: nothing will change the fact that you are talking straight out of your hermit ass, having never even touched the Aim controller, let alone used it. Salty is as salty does, sweetie. How's the view from Mt. Saltmore? It must be painful watching the PSVR dominate the VR market month after month after month.

Lol, the VR market. It's not happening dude, give it up. Sales are weak, barely anyone wants VR

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17443 Posts

@quadknight said:
@Ant_17 said:
@kuu2 said:

Lol Kinect.

lol rekt.

Hilarious when lems bring up Kinect considering it's completely dead and isn't being manufactured anymore and almost killed the Xbone.

You guys know he just says that stuff to trigger you right?

Stop falling for it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Two quotes from the same post.

@daniel_su123 said:

The future of VR tracking is inside out tracking and Microsoft is already there.

@daniel_su123 said:
Even with Microsoft themselves not in the VR race,

You either have an extraordinarily dry sense of humor, or there is something faulty with your wiring. I'm honestly not sure which it is at this point.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By QuadKnight

@navyguy21 said:
@quadknight said:
@Ant_17 said:
@kuu2 said:

Lol Kinect.

lol rekt.

You guys know he just says that stuff to trigger you right?

Stop falling for it.

? You're mistaken if you think his weak bait actually bothers me. I could see his terrible trolling from miles away, I find it hilarious actually.

lolKinect.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By commander

@reduc_ab_ said:

@commander:

Why would I be salty? because of the sales? I think it's only normal devices like the oculus rift and vive don't sell as well because they are much more expensive. Not to mention the pc it's running on is much more expensive than the ps4 as well.

and why do I need to talk down the psvr? Well, when you say the psvr dominates the high end vr headset market you're kinda asking for it. If the psvr is high end , what is the vive and oculus then? which are simply much better headsets. What are microsofts headsets then? They say the tracking is on par with the psvr, but the motion controller tracking will still be better because of the 360 degree tracking, it supports roomscale and there's no need for a camera setup. Not to mention they released barely 2 months ago.

The aim controller is certainly a nice addition for the psvr, since the competion doesn't really have a slick two handed setup like that but it doesn't put the psvr on the same level as the oculus and vive.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#97 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

Just you wait for the New and Improved Kinect X with 4k checkerboard scanning. Now you can play cuphead without a controller. Just point your fingers like a gun in front of the kinect and just say "Pew Pew Pew" to fire. It's that simple!

Xbox One X: The world's most powerful Console!!11!eleven!!oneone!

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

This is gimmick that's going to die out like 3D TVs and the Wii did. Just give it time.

VR is basically 3D TV in a box that you put on your head, plus a phallic-shaped Wiimote. The two biggest gimmicks of the past 10 years rolled into one overpriced device.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
@sonny2dap said:

I'm still not sold on this tech in general. As we know selling a lot of units is great doesn't mean you'll have a lasting impact, see Wii, See Kinect.

This. It's easy to tell what's a gimmick and what has staying power. VR is a gimmick.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17443 Posts

@UssjTrunks said:
@sonny2dap said:

This. It's easy to tell what's a gimmick and what has staying power. VR is a gimmick.

According to most reports at CES, most people in the industry along with investors are betting on AR (Augmented Reality) vs VR since it has more real world applications and possibilities when it comes to gaming. What was show at CES was amazing. They had a ton of companies their with AR glasses, some better than others.

Even Oculus and Applie are moving to AR

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/08/21/facebook-patents-oculus-augmented-reality-glasses/

I think that has a brighter future in gaming. MS and Sony should jump on that.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...