Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

You really, REALLY, need to spend less time on the internet.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#53 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Microsoft lost a billion dollars on the Surface. I guess Xbox is screwed.

But Microsoft as a company isn't in the red. Not close to comparable. MS makes 3 billion a year on cell phone tech patents alone. Sony has a great thing going with PS. But in the TV market they need to either completely restructure, as in be the cheapest alternative and stop trying to be the cream of the crop because its SONY. Because they aren't selling. Or just get out of the TV business altogether.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

They should just give up on everything else except the Playstation

As much as I like the Playstation, you are very wrong. The XPeria Z series phones are definitely their best product. It really boggles my mind that their phones struggle in the market considering that feature for feature, they are miles ahead of the typical android and iPhone.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

I own 2 Sony HD TV's, a Sony surround sound system, a Sony sound bar system, 2 PS4's and a Vita. I don't know what more I can do! Maybe Cows should do their part too!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44661 Posts

well, to be fair, they were expected to lose a lot more

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

The Sony TV I bought a year ago was only a few hundred NZD more than the comparative Samsung, I'd rather the Sony for a tiny bit more money. It's a fantastic set. It sucks that Sony are struggling with their products outside of Playstation, their phones, tv's, sound systems, headsets are all amazing products. Public reaction to the Sony name outside of gaming is almost non existent, they need to change that because there is nothing wrong with their products at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@sailor232 said:

The Sony TV I bought a year ago was only a few hundred NZD more than the comparative Samsung, I'd rather the Sony for a tiny bit more money. It's a fantastic set. It sucks that Sony are struggling with their products outside of Playstation, their phones, tv's, sound systems, headsets are all amazing products. Public reaction to the Sony name outside of gaming is almost non existent, they need to change that because there is nothing wrong with their products at all.

That's interesting because in my circles Samsung > Sony. I have never seen a Sony TV that was more expensive than a Samsung. Maybe that's just a thing in the states. But I seriously have friends that "look down" at my Sony sets. My 70" Sharp shuts them up because of size alone but for some reason if you don't own a Samsung, you bought a bargain bin Walmart TV. I'm not telling you that my casual electronics fan friends are smart, I'm just letting you know what they common perception is.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

Sony should stock to what it does Best.

Sell insurance

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

Cows having a meltdown. :D

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:
@sailor232 said:

That's interesting because in my circles Samsung > Sony. I have never seen a Sony TV that was more expensive than a Samsung. Maybe that's just a thing in the states. But I seriously have friends that "look down" at my Sony sets. My 70" Sharp shuts them up because of size alone but for some reason if you don't own a Samsung, you bought a bargain bin Walmart TV. I'm not telling you that my casual electronics fan friends are smart, I'm just letting you know what they common perception is.

That's awesome to know, I guess products are seen different in different markets. I've never owned another "large" tv outside of the Sony I have so I can't really compare, but every time I look at TV's in stores, LG,Sharp, Toshiba, Samsung, they never look as good as a Sony and are generally $200-400 cheaper. I'm not biased and would own any product that gives a great experience, I'll have to massively consider my options when I buy a better set in the future.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

No matter what, PS4 is clusterfawking the competition.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#63  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41575 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

Not to mention the Old Boys club (former Sony executives) are openly questioning Hirai's leadership and the direction he is taking the company.

http://www.bdlive.co.za/world/asia/2015/04/28/old-boys-say-sony-chief-is-losing-his-way

"Sony is like a ship that has set sail in the stormy weather of the electronics business, led by a captain who’s using a flawed nautical map," Tamotsu Iba, a former Sony chief financial officer and vice chairman, said in a letter sent to board members and management ahead of the meeting, which he attended.

"He doesn’t have the sensibility or intellect to notice it’s wrong. Do board members, who should be in a position to supervise the captain, not notice? Are they tolerating it, not willing to point it out?"

The company can't bleed money forever. It might be in PlayStations best interest to be spun off before they go down with Sony.

Wow! Sounds like Hirai is no better than Iwata.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts

Sony doesn't make terrible products. I mean they aren't the bleeding edge masters they used to be but there market presense is snuffed due to their odd lack of advertising on their products.

The playstation division has a great market presence and advertising to boot, but hell when was the last time you seen anything else Advertised by Sony?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@silversix_ said:

No matter what, PS4 is clusterfawking the competition.

ok....lol

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 KBFloYd

@Jynxzor said:

Sony doesn't make terrible products. I mean they aren't the bleeding edge masters they used to be but there market presense is snuffed due to their odd lack of advertising on their products.

The playstation division has a great market presence and advertising to boot, but hell when was the last time you seen anything else Advertised by Sony?

true....same reason nintendo dont advertise the wiiu anymore...its a lost cause.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#67 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Are they making profit on PS4 (hardware)?..cause if they are not...then that's bad. :P

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By KBFloYd

@superbuuman said:

Are they making profit on PS4 (hardware)?..cause if they are not...then that's bad. :P

yes...playstation is keeping the company from selling itself in the corner for a gallon of milk.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@KBFloYd: Why do you post financial information when you know Jack shit about what you are talking about? The only reason they posted a loss was because of the write down on the mobile division. This was known over 6 months ago. The company as a whole is generating an operating profit.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

@AM-Gamer: I'm pretty sure the gaming division does profit (PS4 mainly), but what about the other division?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#71 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Microsoft has way more money than Sony so they can afford to lose that much once in awhile. Sony has actually been losing money for years, but they are slowly getting better.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

False equivalence is false.

Sony doesnt net ~30 billion per year, regularly, throughout the other divisions in the company.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

goons grasping for straws i see, expected when the headlines are ps4 demolishing the competition.

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

Sony did a write down a few months back, but they've been selling everything off but the kitchen sink which more than compensates for the write down.

The fact is, is that Sony has lost it's brand identity on their hardware everywhere except the PS4. Their TV'S are no longer seen as the premium brand it once was, yet they still price them like they are. They are getting destroyed in the mobile division because of Samsung and Apple. Sony used to be a leader in audio hardware as well, but their quality has gone downhill in recent years.

Only their PS4 is a market leader at this point. Gamers will cling to a brand long after a better product has come along. It's one reason why companies are hesitant to enter the traditional console market.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19594 Posts

I love how defensive the cows are getting in this thread.

Yes, we get it. Sony is doing really well in console hardware sales. They're failing at everything else though, such as the handheld market, releasing quality games, or doing anything that doesn't involve gaming.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@Gue1 said:

PS4 is assblasting the competition. So pls stop looking for straws to make yourself feel better.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Sony has flatly stated before that it will become a PlayStation only company if it comes down to it. Whatever else might be going on with the rest of the corporation, PlayStation is safe. And thank goodness for that.

It's just really simple, it's the only product they have that has relatively untainted reputation thus far, and that's why they're trying to save their faces pushing it to the forefront.

By the way, Sony has given up smartphones altogether as well.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Awww...Sony doesn't have a monopoly OS to fall back on. O well.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

new bond movie looks good

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#80 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

Gotta love Xbox fanboys, can't win in console sales so just bring up Sony finances to help alleviate the butthurt and salt, pathetic.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I predicted in 2013 that this year the bottom will drop out for Sony.

The Playstation is a solid brand that should be on its own, away from this horrible company. Then maybe I would buy one.

Amazon Playstation, I like the sound of that.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I predicted in 2013 that this year the bottom will drop out for Sony.

The Playstation is a solid brand that should be on its own, away from this horrible company. Then maybe I would buy one.

Amazon Playstation, I like the sound of that.

Amazon isn't a tech company. Them making a console wouldn't make much sense to me. Samsung or Apple ... sure. But Amazon?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Wow never seen a sheep this desperate before.. Hard times for Nintendo and sheep.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56372 Posts

I like my PS4 [same with Xbox One/Wii U] but I couldn't careless what happens to Sony as a whole Co. and as long as they make good PS4 exclusive games, that's all I care. So Sony lose another billion dollars huh, oh well but I'm glad to see PS4 is selling well for the gamers to enjoy.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@Shewgenja: Their TV's are some of the best too but nobody is buying them.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Apple istation 4 coming soon to a store near you. Looks gorgeous, costs twice the price and has half the power. People will buy it by the 10's of millions because it has a light up white apple logo and there will be a new version every year that is not compatible with the previous one.

Enjoy!

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6192 Posts

@davem1992 said:

Gotta love Xbox fanboys, can't win in console sales so just bring up Sony finances to help alleviate the butthurt and salt, pathetic.

I'm sure given the opportunity Sony fanboys would do the same, problem is they never will have that opportunity.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

@tdkmillsy: Indeed, with them winning this gen and all.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45429 Posts

@StrongDeadlift said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

False equivalence is false.

Sony doesnt net ~30 billion per year, regularly, throughout the other divisions in the company.

That doesn't make the Xbox brand any more safe. Nor does it make the Playstation brand any more in danger.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#90 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

I don't trust anything that bleeds for more than 5 days without...

nvm

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@KBFloYd said:
@Gue1 said:

PS4 is assblasting the competition. So pls stop looking for straws to make yourself feel better.

assblasting...thats what sony is doing to all your playstation money you spent LOL

oh really? seems to me like they are pumping it back into SCE... i mean have you seen bloodborne? give me one title from the xbone that even remotely compares to bloodborn, on any level

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Shewgenja

No offense, but the "Sony is doomed" war cry is about as tired as Israel telling us that Iran will have the nuke any day now since 2002. We get it. Israel is paranoid as all **** and they really will believe this every year. It's just that everyone else is seeing it for what it is.

OP even said, when put to brass tacks, that Playstation will be around until at least 2020. So, this thread is rather pointless.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44260 Posts

Eh, they can afford to light their cigars with billion dollar bills since PS4 sold like what, a couple billion units already. At least that's what it seems like when reading SW. :P

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Shewgenja

@SecretPolice said:

Eh, they can afford to light their cigars with billion dollar bills since PS4 sold like what, a couple billion units already. At least that's what it seems like when reading SW. :P

@23.4M sold-through at $400 a pop, hardware alone accounts for 9,360,000,000 generated in revenue. Not that it's cheap to run a videogame division, but in FY14 Sony took on a cost of 89 Billion Yen or $743,060,110. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure when you add the sales of games and peripherals in the mix that the Playstation business doesn't just make money, it makes tons of it.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44260 Posts

@Shewgenja said:
@SecretPolice said:

@23.4M sold-through at $400 a pop, hardware alone accounts for 9,360,000,000 generated in revenue. Not that it's cheap to run a videogame division, but in FY14 Sony took on a cost of 89 Billion Yen or $743,060,110. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure when you add the sales of games and peripherals in the mix that the Playstation business doesn't just make money, it makes tons of it.

hehe, so you're saying we agree, they can afford to light their stogies with billion dollar bills?

I kid, I kid. :P

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@SecretPolice said:
@Shewgenja said:
@SecretPolice said:

hehe, so you're saying we agree, they can afford to light their stogies with billion dollar bills?

Because R&D, marketing, shipment and firstly and foremostly - MANUFACTURING doesn't cost.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

Doesn't Sony music and Sony pictures still exist? Like two of the biggest entertainment divisions on earth? That shit is making them money. They are every bit as important as PlayStation.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12067 Posts

Still wondering why Kaz has not been fired. How many times does the guy get to start a 'new plan'?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Shewgenja

@Salt_The_Fries said:
@SecretPolice said:
@Shewgenja said:
@SecretPolice said:

Because R&D, marketing, shipment and firstly and foremostly - MANUFACTURING doesn't cost.

All accounted for. Less than $750M in FY14. (Playstation division)

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

Good think their current gen 8 console leader with the world's most powerful video game console in the history of video games: