Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

Sony posts $1.06B fiscal-year loss

what will sony do so playstation wont go down with the ship?

Critics have called on Sony to dump televisions altogether but Hirai flatly refused, saying they were an integral part of the company.

:\

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/479142/economy/companies/sony-posts-1-06b-fiscal-year-loss

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#2 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

Sony's doomed. Time to jump ship cows.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

More reason to invest in PlayStation. I hope they do.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

I don't trust anything that bleeds for more than 5 days without...

nvm

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Underwriting a bunch of additional costs with the stronger portion of their businesses to set themselves up for a profitable FY16 from what I've been reading.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KBFloYd

@me2002 said:

so theyll have to sell most of their other divisions...and be games company only..

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KBFloYd

@Shewgenja said:

Underwriting a bunch of additional costs with the stronger portion of their businesses to set themselves up for a profitable FY16 from what I've been reading.

so they didnt lose 1.06 billion USD?

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14498 Posts

@KBFloYd said:
@me2002 said:

so theyll have to sell most of their other divisions...and be games company only..

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

Critics have called on Sony to dump televisions altogether but Hirai flatly refused, saying they were an integral part of the company.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/479142/economy/companies/sony-posts-1-06b-fiscal-year-loss

Yet the PS4 continues to kick the Wii U ass. hahahaa

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KBFloYd

@Basinboy said:
@KBFloYd said:
@me2002 said:

but no more spider man movies and kelly clarkson music!!

:(

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

PS4 is assblasting the competition. So pls stop looking for straws to make yourself feel better.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KBFloYd

@Gue1 said:

PS4 is assblasting the competition. So pls stop looking for straws to make yourself feel better.

assblasting...thats what sony is doing to all your playstation money you spent LOL

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Not to mention the Old Boys club (former Sony executives) are openly questioning Hirai's leadership and the direction he is taking the company.

http://www.bdlive.co.za/world/asia/2015/04/28/old-boys-say-sony-chief-is-losing-his-way

"Sony is like a ship that has set sail in the stormy weather of the electronics business, led by a captain who’s using a flawed nautical map," Tamotsu Iba, a former Sony chief financial officer and vice chairman, said in a letter sent to board members and management ahead of the meeting, which he attended.

"He doesn’t have the sensibility or intellect to notice it’s wrong. Do board members, who should be in a position to supervise the captain, not notice? Are they tolerating it, not willing to point it out?"

The company can't bleed money forever. It might be in PlayStations best interest to be spun off before they go down with Sony.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KBFloYd

@bunchanumbers: Harai has to go ...are people not seeing this!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KBFloYd

@tormentos said:
@KBFloYd said:

Yet the PS4 continues to kick the Wii U ass. hahahaa

HAHAHA indeed...HAHA

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shewgenja

@KBFloYd said:
@Gue1 said:

assblasting...thats what sony is doing to all your playstation money you spent LOL

Then why are they spending over 100 Billion Yen on the Playstation business this year over 89B FY14?

Answer: You don't know shit.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@Gue1 said:

^ ^ This

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KBFloYd

@Shewgenja said:
@KBFloYd said:
@Gue1 said:

Then why are they spending over 100 Billion Yen on the Playstation business this year over 89B FY14?

because if they dont they will die even faster....

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KBFloYd

@quadknight said:
@Gue1 said:

^ ^ This

Quadknight...

my condolences lol

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By QuadKnight

@KBFloYd said:
@quadknight said:
@Gue1 said:

^ ^ This

Quadknight...

my condolences lol

Condolences for what? WiiU being last place or its complete joke of a 3rd party library?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KBFloYd

@quadknight said:
@KBFloYd said:
@quadknight said:
@Gue1 said:

^ ^ This

Quadknight...

my condolences lol

Condolences for what? WiiU being last place or its complete joke of a 3rd party library?

for your favorite company dying despite whatever you try to defend my good good knight...lol

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By QuadKnight

@KBFloYd said:
@quadknight said:
@KBFloYd said:
@quadknight said:
@Gue1 said:

^ ^ This

Quadknight...

my condolences lol

for your favorite company dying despite whatever you try to defend my good good knight...lol

My favorite company? LOL, you're trying too hard. I'm not the one making a feelgood thread to make myself feel better about buying a dead console with no future prospects or 3rd party support.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bunchanumbers

@KBFloYd said:

@bunchanumbers: Harai has to go ...are people not seeing this!

After Hirai is done with Sony it will most likely be a smoldering ruin. The old boys who dedicated decades of their life to Sony must be heartbroken to see what it has become.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KBFloYd

@quadknight said:
@KBFloYd said:
@quadknight said:

My favorite company? LOL, you're trying too hard. I'm not the one making a feel good thread to make myself feel better about buying a dead console with no future prospects.

so sony isnt even your favorite company?? lol so you're faking it?

so posting the truth about sony is not cool? k.....k

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Shewgenja

@KBFloYd said:
@Shewgenja said:
@KBFloYd said:
@Gue1 said:

Want to make a ban bet on this? Give me a year where there will no longer be a Playstation and if there is no PS4 PS5 or PS6 or PS7 or whatever in that year, you leave SW. If you win, I'll leave. So, tell us, when will Playstation meet its end?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By QuadKnight

@KBFloYd said:
@quadknight said:
@KBFloYd said:
@quadknight said:

My favorite company? LOL, you're trying too hard. I'm not the one making a feel good thread to make myself feel better about buying a dead console with no future prospects.

Why would anyone have a favorite company lol? You make it sound like you're a company cheerleader, pathetic lol.

I go where the games and 3rd party support are. Right now Sony is killing it in that department and so is the PC platform. That's why I own a PC and PS4. I couldn't give 2 shits about Sony as a company, I like their console not them.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

@KBFloYd said:
@quadknight said:
@KBFloYd said:
@quadknight said:

Favorite company? Wtf!?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 QuadKnight

@Wickerman777: Fanboys like him have favorite companies lol. New levels of fanboyism LMAO.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By KBFloYd

@Shewgenja said:
@KBFloYd said:
@Shewgenja said:
@KBFloYd said:
@Gue1 said:

Want to make a ban bet on this? Give me a year where there will no longer be a Playstation and if there is no PS4 PS5 or PS6 or PS7 or whatever in that year, you leave SW. If you win, I'll leave. So, tell us, when will Playstation meet its end?

i think they will survive this gen. but tvs will be done before this gen is over...

music will go next....then movies at the end....i think sony might survive as a game company onlybut they wont be as beastly...plus physical media dying...

too much to predict...2020 sounds good.

however your account sucks...ill close my account if you close yours and slashkice (that vita fanboy with the ugly girl avatar)

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KBFloYd

@quadknight said:

@Wickerman777: Fanboys like him have favorite companies lol. New levels of fanboyism LMAO.

LOL indeed.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By QuadKnight

@KBFloYd said:
@quadknight said:

LOL indeed.

So you admit to being a Nintendo cheerleader?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KBFloYd

@quadknight said:
@KBFloYd said:
@quadknight said:

LOL indeed.

ok..quad knight LOL

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Wickerman777

@quadknight said:
@KBFloYd said:
@quadknight said:

LOL indeed.

Hmm, went back and read some of the previous replies. First he was accusing you of having a favorite company, then you were accusing him of it, then ... oh, gotta love the internet. :)

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

Not to mention the Old Boys club (former Sony executives) are openly questioning Hirai's leadership and the direction he is taking the company.

http://www.bdlive.co.za/world/asia/2015/04/28/old-boys-say-sony-chief-is-losing-his-way

"Sony is like a ship that has set sail in the stormy weather of the electronics business, led by a captain who’s using a flawed nautical map," Tamotsu Iba, a former Sony chief financial officer and vice chairman, said in a letter sent to board members and management ahead of the meeting, which he attended.

"He doesn’t have the sensibility or intellect to notice it’s wrong. Do board members, who should be in a position to supervise the captain, not notice? Are they tolerating it, not willing to point it out?"

The company can't bleed money forever. It might be in PlayStations best interest to be spun off before they go down with Sony.

That is funny now sony loss a billion and the PS4 is making profits,when those former executives were there sony was losing more than 1 billion per year and the PS3 was generating nothing but loses.

Funny how things work.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45263 Posts

Microsoft lost a billion dollars on the Surface. I guess Xbox is screwed.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Wickerman777
@tormentos said:
@bunchanumbers said:

That is funny now sony loss a billion and the PS4 is making profits,when those former executives were there sony was losing more than 1 billion per year and the PS3 was generating nothing but loses.

Funny how things work.

What trips me out is how differently economics work at the top than they do the bottom. If I lose money I end up living under a bridge. But a company can be billions in the hole and somehow things go on business as usual.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By QuadKnight

@Wickerman777 said:
@quadknight said:
@KBFloYd said:
@quadknight said:

LOL indeed.

Hmm, went back and read some of the previous replies. First he was accusing you of having a favorite company, then you were accusing him of it, then ... oh, gotta love the internet. :)

It's why I love SW :D

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By KBFloYd

@SolidGame_basic said:

i think microsoft has way more money than sony...

good for you for saying you're almost as good as microsoft though...kudos.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bunchanumbers

@tormentos said:
@bunchanumbers said:

Funny how things work.

To be fair some of that was also attributed to the economical crisis that hit in the mid 2000s. Many of the Old Boys were there when it was at its highest too, when its market cap was over 100 billion.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Wickerman777
@KBFloYd said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

good for you for saying your almost as good as microsoft though...kudos.

Yeah, MS makes billions every quarter. But who knows how long that will last. PCs keep losing ground to tablets and phones and MS hasn't done all that well with tablets and phones yet.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By KBFloYd

@Wickerman777 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

good for you for saying your almost as good as microsoft though...kudos.

Yeah, MS makes billions every quarter. But who knows how long that will last. PCs keep losing ground to tablets and phones and MS hasn't done all that well with tablets and phones yet.

i dont see PC dying ever...phones have peaked imo...tablets have almost peaked...

every house needs a Pc even if you have a phone and tablet imo...

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Well surface has hit 1 billion dollars in revenue, and MS has posted a profit of like 26 billion dollars so I think they'll be okay

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

@Gue1 said:

Well, they are kinda eatin' shit financially.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Yeah but how much money did the company lose? Is that the same as Sony as a whole losing 1 billion $? Yeah , stupid comparison dude because MS is profitable while Sony is not.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

I'm insterested in what @finalstar2007 reaction(post) on this. He usually makes thread about Sony profiting.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 KBFloYd

@anthonyautumns said:

I'm insterested in what @finalstar2007 reaction(post) on this. He usually makes thread about Sony profiting.

i'll tell you his reaction

first this

then this...

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Ouch ... another billion ! Slap after slap every year .... im amazed how good they doing with their consoles with such financial pressure ... Its amazing and sad at the same time. Lets see !

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#48  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Sony has flatly stated before that it will become a PlayStation only company if it comes down to it. Whatever else might be going on with the rest of the corporation, PlayStation is safe. And thank goodness for that.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

They should just give up on everything else except the Playstation

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

So out of the big 2 game console companies and whatever you want to classify Nintendo the only one kicking ass is the company in the most financial trouble.

The things you do when you're back is against the wall.