Sony Gets The A-List While Microsoft Only Gets The B

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Big_T-Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 Big_T-Mac
Member since 2005 • 6973 Posts
:lol: ok. suuuurrre.
Avatar image for PelekotansDream
PelekotansDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#52 PelekotansDream
Member since 2005 • 7602 Posts
People act like nothing good will be unveiled at E3 for PS3. All I've heard so far is 360 hype.Zoso-8
Yeah but last year all that was shown was a slim PSP and Haze, oh and Chewie!
rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts
no sorry TC, you fail. The biggest third party is GTA4. Sony lost it. MGS and Final fantasy has no casual appeal like GTA. They are not as big as you think.
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts

[QUOTE="Zoso-8"]People act like nothing good will be unveiled at E3 for PS3. All I've heard so far is 360 hype.-Renegade

I know Sony has a couple of aces up their sleeve and are just waiting for the right time to announce them.

Nope, you wish Sony had a couple of aces. It is not the same thing.

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

Biggest A-List Titles:

Mario

Zelda

Resident Evil

Super Smash Bros

Donkey Kong

What console has all those? Not Sony :cry:

Avatar image for deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
deactivated-61010a1ed19f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
Member since 2007 • 3235 Posts

so star ocean 4 is coming to 360 plus a few other new ips which will do moderately well. sony on the other hand maintains exclusive rights to some of the biggest third party games in gaming history. metal gear solid 4 and final fantasy 13. while the xbox is getting b-list titles sony still has it's a-list lineup and will more then likey get these games being released on 360 aswell. never bet against sony.-Renegade

goodness me , he's back , after todays announcements, thre must be a great possibility of ff13 coming to the 360.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4

Biggest A-List Titles:

Mario

Zelda

Resident Evil

Super Smash Bros

Donkey Kong

Andrew_Xavier

funny how you hav'nt included halo? or metal gear solid, or final fantasy, i have a feeling you are a sheep , yay?

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Andrew_Xavier
[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

Biggest A-List Titles:

Mario

Zelda

Resident Evil

Super Smash Bros

Donkey Kong

scottiescott238

funny how you hav'nt included halo? or metal gear solid, or final fantasy, i have a feeling you are a sheep , yay?

Yay! Now I'm a lemming-cow-sheep, all in the last hour. Neat.

Face it, without Donkey Kong (number 1 arcade game of all time) Nintendo would still be a trading card company, home gaming would still be dead, and the next titles, like Mario and Zelda wouldn't exist to have saved gaming.

That's pretty A-list, don't you think?

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 crunchUK
Member since 2007 • 3050 Posts
[QUOTE="scottiescott238"][QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

Biggest A-List Titles:

Mario

Zelda

Resident Evil

Super Smash Bros

Donkey Kong

Andrew_Xavier

Face it, without Donkey Kong (number 1 arcade game of all time) Nintendo would still be a trading card company, home gaming would still be dead, and the next titles, like Mario and Zelda wouldn't exist to have saved gaming.

if you ask me nintendo has attained a certain degree of flawlessness and "character" in their 1st party games that makes them oh-so high scoringly unique. nintendo games just don't feel like other games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
[QUOTE="scottiescott238"][QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

Biggest A-List Titles:

Mario

Zelda

Resident Evil

Super Smash Bros

Donkey Kong

Andrew_Xavier

but thats not the question, im not saying the games you listed are not A-list games , im saying you missed out obvious ones

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Andrew_Xavier

but thats not the question, im not saying the games you listed are not A-list games , im saying you missed out obvious ones

scottiescott238

I was making a point yeah? Notice how all I included were Wii games, since the Wii essentially has the most A-list titles to it's library, you know? Essentially, since the TC feels that FF/MGS is the biggest A-list combo, I was pointing out the real biggest A-list combo.

Earlier in this thread, I pointed out that Star Ocean isn't a B-list title, Til The End Of Time sold over 1 mil, and click my sig for the xbox 360 jrpg hype thread I made, lol.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#62 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

ITs logical to be some damage controle over cows since some very nice JRPGs that supposed to be "exclusives" now will be multis.

In the other hand though , Werent lemmings that said some months ago or more in this very forum " Who cares about JPRGs . i didnt buy X360 for rpgs etc etc?? " Now is like "wow we rock , ill buy all"... I mean.. in one hand is damage control and on the other is "hypocritism" or?... Dunno the right word to explain it... You get my point.

In the very same way btw is when ALL x360 exclusives will come eventually to my PC. So Sony loses exclusives to x360 when 360 biggest and best exclusives goes to PC aswell... I think there isnt clear winner here.. So cows must stop with dmg control and lemmings with this "hype" thing because im playing mass effect this right moment when supposed to be exclusive or whatever... Same for GeOw and Gofw2 and fable 2 and halo 3 likse halo2 etc etc...

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Andrew_Xavier

ITs logical to be some damage controle over cows since some very nice JRPGs that supposed to be "exclusives" now will be multis.

In the other hand though , Werent lemmings that said some months ago or more in this very forum " Who cares about JPRGs . i didnt buy X360 for rpgs etc etc?? " Now is like "wow we rock , ill buy all"... I mean.. in one hand is damage control and on the other is "hypocritism" or?... Dunno the right word to explain it... You get my point.

AzatiS

Maybe they said that about the xbox 1? I've never read an xbox 360 owner say they bought the console for it's limited genre selection.

Bazfrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Bazfrag
Member since 2004 • 2217 Posts

Its strange how many games MS are announcing, for release this year. I thought Sony had 2008 on lockdown, and MS had stopped all xbox games, as of December 31st 2007.

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
Sony gets the Awful, Microsoft gets the Best.
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Andrew_Xavier

Its strange how many games MS are announcing, for release this year. I thought Sony had 2008 on lockdown, and MS had stopped all xbox games, as of December 31st 2007.

Bazfrag

You know what is annoying me with my ps3? It's like, half the 2008 list is either cancelled or delayed. Like:

Eight days - Cancelled

The Getaway - Cancelled

Star Ocean 4 - Xbox 360 Exclusive

FF XIII - Zero News

White Knight Story - Zero News

Zoids Assault - Xbox 360 Exclusive

Last Remnant - Delayed to 09 on Ps3, still 08 on xbox 360

Killzone 2 - Delayed to 09

HOME - Delayed to 09

The Agency - MIA

Well, at least Disgaea 3 is due soon, but, I'm glad I own both. And this is coming from a guy who's been called a cow in the past because I tend to hate lemmings.

mathew952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#67 mathew952
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

Final Fantasy 13?

Isn't that pretty much a self parody at this point?

mubarakibnumar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 mubarakibnumar
Member since 2005 • 586 Posts
sony is in so much trouble its not even funny anymore. MGS4 and R2 are the only guaranteed sellers this year. So much for the year of ps3
TMontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#69 TMontana1004
Member since 2007 • 4537 Posts
360 has the most variety, the most potential, and....the most hyped exclusives in general. Get over yourself.
Bazfrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Bazfrag
Member since 2004 • 2217 Posts

Only those in denial would disagree that if Sony has put a standard processor in ps3 then games would be a lot easier, faster, and cheaper to make. We would probably already have FF13, Killzone 2 (no loss tbh) and GT5.

They shot themselves in the foot, then the ankle, then the knee,,,, Its all well and good producing reports of supercomputers to show Cells power, but they hardly ever mention those important things like erm GAMES (exept for the ones we knew of in '05

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#71 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

so star ocean 4 is coming to 360 plus a few other new ips which will do moderately well. sony on the other hand maintains exclusive rights to some of the biggest third party games in gaming history. metal gear solid 4 and final fantasy 13. while the xbox is getting b-list titles sony still has it's a-list lineup and will more then likey get these games being released on 360 aswell. never bet against sony.-Renegade

ahh but looks like you are forgetting those other great games out there such as Fable 2 and Gears of War 2 i doubt you would list these as B games

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 MojondeVACA
Member since 2008 • 3916 Posts
Wow this cow gets pay by sony or what? ''never bet against sony'' i loled :lol:
jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 jknight5422
Member since 2003 • 1992 Posts

[QUOTE="Zoso-8"]People act like nothing good will be unveiled at E3 for PS3. All I've heard so far is 360 hype.Andrew_Xavier

It was just the MS JRPG show, so, people are discussing the MS JRPG show...and other console fans are ignoring it and throwing ridiculous crap out there like "xbox is a shooter only console".

Yes, but the point of such a claim is ridiculous & should be ignored. They're just trying to annoy people with a pointless post. Xbox 360 has shooters up to the neck, so anyone that doesn't have enough shooters to play on a 360, is insane.

vicmackey39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 vicmackey39
Member since 2008 • 2416 Posts

damn straight cow!!!

who needs all those other games when you have FF13 and MGs4. It's not as if Cows play that many games anyway so 2 should be enough for them

heck FF13 is coming out in 2010 so you've got 2 years to play MGS4. Poor lemmings with their "games"

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#75 crunchUK
Member since 2007 • 3050 Posts

Wow this cow gets pay by sony or what? ''never bet against sony'' i loled :lol:MojondeVACA

system wars bets would like to differ. :P

Avatar image for credibilityzero
credibilityzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 credibilityzero
Member since 2007 • 772 Posts

MS are trying so hard to be like Sony but they failed so far.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Hmmm, seems to me the trend has been:

Sony gets the A lists & MS gets the AAA list. ;)

PRKiNG45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 PRKiNG45
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts

Are we sure Sony is getting the A-List?

We know nothing about Final Fantasy, all we have is a CGI trailer from 10,000 B.C.

jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 jknight5422

o rly? this is what people said about haze and lair....

no dev is safe from flopping what did LO get? from the guy who made FF....ouch....

XturnalS

LO is great. The problem is that it didn't have enough promotional advertising to get people excited. It also came out in February, which isn't a great time to release a game...Is post-Xmas a good time to ever release a game? I didn't even know it was out until April.

Toki1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Toki1776
Member since 2005 • 264 Posts

at the start of this gen, I honestly expected to pick up a PS3 before i got a 360, because i expected the PS3 to have more JRPGs... now, though, the 360 is looking like a better prospect for the genre, at least if i want to play a decent one anytime soon...

I'll probably end up with both, though, before this gen ends...

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts

[QUOTE="-Renegade"]so star ocean 4 is coming to 360 plus a few other new ips which will do moderately well. sony on the other hand maintains exclusive rights to some of the biggest third party games in gaming history. metal gear solid 4 and final fantasy 13. while the xbox is getting b-list titles sony still has it's a-list lineup and will more then likey get these games being released on 360 aswell. never bet against sony.credibilityzero

MS are trying so hard to be like Sony but they failed so far.

well in microsoft´s defense, sony is trying to be like sony and so far it has also failed

cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#82 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts

Wow,

Sounds like a prepared statement from the office of the minister of Propaganda.

Sony keeps leaking exclusives like a bucket with a hole in the bottom. To think a few years ago Sony had a lockdown on Grand Theft Auto, Devil May Cry, The majority of JRPG's like Star Ocean and now here we are more then a year and a half into PS3's existance and all we can talk about is two titles?

The Star Ocean situation is just another layer of Sony being peeled back.

jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 jknight5422

damn straight cow!!!

who needs all those other games when you have FF13 and MGs4. It's not as if Cows play that many games anyway so 2 should be enough for them

heck FF13 is coming out in 2010 so you've got 2 years to play MGS4. Poor lemmings with their "games"

vicmackey39

Yep. Two whole games a year. That's basically $200 a pop since they paid $400 (or more) for the PS3..oh & pay full price for the game as well since the Used prices for PS3 games is still pretty high due to the...rarity of finding a Used game...the cows just have to hang on to them with that "someday" hope of good games coming...AAA games that also attack Microsoft inside the game...and to stroke their egos & feel good about the PS3 purchase feeling.