Sony Gets The A-List While Microsoft Only Gets The B

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
so star ocean 4 is coming to 360 plus a few other new ips which will do moderately well. sony on the other hand maintains exclusive rights to some of the biggest third party games in gaming history. metal gear solid 4 and final fantasy 13. while the xbox is getting b-list titles sony still has it's a-list lineup and will more then likey get these games being released on 360 aswell. never bet against sony.
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

so star ocean 4 is coming to 360 plus a few other new ips which will do moderately well. sony on the other hand maintains exclusive rights to some of the biggest third party games in gaming history. metal gear solid 4 and final fantasy 13. while the xbox is getting b-list titles sony still has it's a-list lineup and will more then likey get these games being released on 360 aswell. never bet against sony.-Renegade

Star Ocean is an incredible series, ever played a single one of them?

Tales Of...is a major series.

Infinite Undiscovery is by a major developer, Tri-Ace (same as Star Ocean).

Why is today like, all damage control? If the 3 jrpgs announced weren't a big deal, why is the entire forum all one huge damage control thread after another?

liberty71441

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 liberty71441
Member since 2008 • 705 Posts
whatever make you feel better
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
That conference scared the tar out of you, huh?
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

When's the release again for FF XIII? How long was the wait of MGS 4?

Frankly... I'd take quality titles in abundance and succession over one game that is just catering to some fan base really.

Original content and new IPs made by quality proven devs or ... a game we know will be great but won't probably wow us in terms of what we already expect...

Hey... there's the chance any of these games could flop of course, but ... MGS 4 and FF XIII aren't the end all games frankly...

Zoso-8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Zoso-8
Member since 2008 • 2047 Posts
People act like nothing good will be unveiled at E3 for PS3. All I've heard so far is 360 hype.
ukillwegrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ukillwegrill
Member since 2007 • 3528 Posts

so star ocean 4 is coming to 360 plus a few other new ips which will do moderately well. sony on the other hand maintains exclusive rights to some of the biggest third party games in gaming history. metal gear solid 4 and final fantasy 13. while the xbox is getting b-list titles sony still has it's a-list lineup and will more then likey get these games being released on 360 aswell. never bet against sony.-Renegade

I kinda agree, yet disagree completely....all you had to say was "PS3 has Disgaea 3 Xbox can have the rest"

Plus those Xbox JRPG's are really goood

DireOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DireOwl
Member since 2007 • 3352 Posts
Wow, so much damage control, so little time.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
Funny how the 360 has currently has A list games, and A list exclusives.

WHile the PS3s only A list games are the ones you can play on XBOX 360.

Hmm.....thank god MGS 4 finally came out
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jg4xchamp
People act like nothing good will be unveiled at E3 for PS3. All I've heard so far is 360 hype.Zoso-8
People are more than convinced Microsoft has shown everything......

And yet as the year has gone on, they have shown more. E3 08 for Microsoft will be like E3 07. Microsoft will lay out the eniter 08 lineup, and the holiday lineup will be worthy of the hype yet again.

THe PS3s biggest gun this year will be out, way before the big holiday run.

Microsoft may not win the first half of 08, but the 2nd half of 08 they could easily steal the show.

Too bad both 360 and PS3 still haven't outdone the Wii and PC in the first half.
Shinoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Shinoto
Member since 2006 • 8331 Posts
Never knew FF was an A series...Just thought it was the RPG with the biggest budget. Who would have thought that qualifies it as an A series. Too Human is so going be A++++++++
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

People act like nothing good will be unveiled at E3 for PS3. All I've heard so far is 360 hype.Zoso-8

It was just the MS JRPG show, so, people are discussing the MS JRPG show...and other console fans are ignoring it and throwing ridiculous crap out there like "xbox is a shooter only console".

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts

That conference scared the tar out of you, huh?Verge_6

:lol: I read no further after this post.

XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts

When's the release again for FF XIII? How long was the wait of MGS 4?

Frankly... I'd take quality titles in abundance and succession over one game that is just catering to some fan base really.

Original content and new IPs made by quality proven devs or ... a game we know will be great but won't probably wow us in terms of what we already expect...

Hey... there's the chance any of these games could flop of course, but ... MGS 4 and FF XIII aren't the end all games frankly...

yoshi_64

o rly? this is what people said about haze and lair....

no dev is safe from flopping what did LO get? from the guy who made FF....ouch....

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
Meh, i already knew that would be your opinion -Renegade
joker730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 joker730
Member since 2007 • 1561 Posts

theres an exact same article about your post tc - here http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-155967.aspx

gohan2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gohan2710
Member since 2005 • 4315 Posts
the first thing to came to mind after reading this is.....damage control!!
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
Man the cows have been at it all day. I don't have any more tissues left for you guys. The mere fact that the 360 is getting any JRPGS at all let alone more currently then the Sony console is something last gen I thought would never happen.
joker730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 joker730

Man the cows have been at it all day. I don't have any more tissues left for you guys. The mere fact that the 360 is getting any JRPGS at all let alone more currently then the Sony console is something last gen I thought would never happen.Blackbond

not just cows 1up to look at what he said- "I firmly believe that, despite Sony's parade of "we don't pay for exclusives" comments over the years, that they have firmly supported S-E in the development of FFXIII (and it's ilk) in order to retain console exclusivity. I'd be very surprised if that changed. I think S-E is content to let tri-Ace do the heavy lifting in supporting the 360 with its content, and I was pretty underwhelmed by the 'RPG conference' as a whole. No real surprises. I mean, I love tri-Ace, and think these announcements are great, but it felt like the 360 got the B-team, while the A-team are free to frolic away on the PS3. Just my two cents."

Zoso-8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Zoso-8
Member since 2008 • 2047 Posts

[QUOTE="Zoso-8"]People act like nothing good will be unveiled at E3 for PS3. All I've heard so far is 360 hype.jg4xchamp

And yet as the year has gone on, they have shown more. E3 08 for Microsoft will be like E3 07. Microsoft will lay out the eniter 08 lineup, and the holiday lineup will be worthy of the hype yet again.

Microsoft may not win the first half of 08, but the 2nd half of 08 they could easily steal the show.

Too bad both 360 and PS3 still haven't outdone the Wii and PC in the first half.

I agree with you for the most part, exept I think this year could go either way. I mean Microsoft's biggest gun was released last year, Halo 3. I doubt Gears 2 will score better than the first, although I'm sure it will be great no matter what. Sure, there's Fable 2...but will it live up to the hype or will we have a repeat of the first? PS3 also has LBP coming out in Fall, along with a few others that will probably turn out well, like Socom and Resistance 2.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

So according to lemmings now PS3 has no RPGS coming out? i'll wait for E3 since there is a huge chance that a few RPGS will be announced for PS3...

Dont forget games such as Valkyria Chronicles, Disgea3, White Knight & FFXIII which are great rpgs... I would safely bet that there will be a couple more announced shortly for PS3..

However good job to MS in getting some great Rpgs too...

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Blackbond

[QUOTE="Blackbond"]Man the cows have been at it all day. I don't have any more tissues left for you guys. The mere fact that the 360 is getting any JRPGS at all let alone more currently then the Sony console is something last gen I thought would never happen.joker730

not just cows 1up to look at what he said- "I firmly believe that, despite Sony's parade of "we don't pay for exclusives" comments over the years, that they have firmly supported S-E in the development of FFXIII (and it's ilk) in order to retain console exclusivity. I'd be very surprised if that changed. I think S-E is content to let tri-Ace do the heavy lifting in supporting the 360 with its content, and I was pretty underwhelmed by the 'RPG conference' as a whole. No real surprises. I mean, I love tri-Ace, and think these announcements are great, but it felt like the 360 got the B-team, while the A-team are free to frolic away on the PS3. Just my two cents."

1UP has been crying all day over these games being on 360 as well? Where does it say that?

GaMeR_Willz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GaMeR_Willz
Member since 2008 • 1050 Posts
Sony always got the best games line-up.
mubarakibnumar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mubarakibnumar
Member since 2005 • 586 Posts

[QUOTE="Blackbond"]Man the cows have been at it all day. I don't have any more tissues left for you guys. The mere fact that the 360 is getting any JRPGS at all let alone more currently then the Sony console is something last gen I thought would never happen.joker730

So we are to believe that all of SE internal staff are busy making 2 ps3 games? SE has about 2000 workers(thats 10 teams on the average) and yet they can currently only make 2 games for the ps3.Damage control to the MAX dude.

joker730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 joker730
[QUOTE="joker730"]

[QUOTE="Blackbond"]Man the cows have been at it all day. I don't have any more tissues left for you guys. The mere fact that the 360 is getting any JRPGS at all let alone more currently then the Sony console is something last gen I thought would never happen.Blackbond

1UP has been crying all day over these games being on 360 as well? Where does it say that?

http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-155967.aspx

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="joker730"]

Underwhelmed =/= whining, crying, complaining, that the 360 is getting these games. 1UP is just underwhelmed.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -Renegade

That conference scared the tar out of you, huh?Verge_6

Why would I be scared more then likely these games are coming to PS3 also.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Zoso-8"]People act like nothing good will be unveiled at E3 for PS3. All I've heard so far is 360 hype.Zoso-8

I agree with you for the most part, exept I think this year could go either way. I mean Microsoft's biggest gun was released last year, Halo 3. I doubt Gears 2 will score better than the first, although I'm sure it will be great no matter what. Sure, there's Fable 2...but will it live up to the hype or will we have a repeat of the first? PS3 also has LBP coming out in Fall, along with a few others that will probably turn out well, like Socom and Resistance 2.

Unless Sony can confirm release dates on White Knight Chronicles, Infamous, and Tekkn 6 for the 2nd half of 08, than the PS3s 2nd half Line up can be beaten pretty easily by Microsoft assuming all there games are hitting on all cylindars.

THat doesn't mean everything has to be AAA.

But GEars of War 2, Fable 2, Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscoverey, Last Remnant, Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise, Left 4 Dead, Halo Wars, Banjo Nuts and Bolts, Too Human, etc all can have a huge impact.....

Sony has Socom, Resistance 2, and Little Big Planet.

With DIsgea and Valkryie, but they need more back up, cause MGS 4 will only carry the PS3 for so long.
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -Renegade

I know Sony has a couple of aces up their sleeve and are just waiting for the right time to announce them.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Blackbond

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]That conference scared the tar out of you, huh?-Renegade

Never lose hope!

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -Renegade

Wow, so much damage control, so little time.DireOwl

No damage control just telling it like it is.

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts

So according to lemmings now PS3 has no RPGS coming out? i'll wait for E3 since there is a huge chance that a few RPGS will be announced for PS3...

Dont forget games such as Valkyria Chronicles, Disgea3, White Knight & FFXIII which are great rpgs... I would safely bet that there will be a couple more announced shortly for PS3..

However good job to MS in getting some great Rpgs too...

Malta_1980
^This is how cows should be reacting.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jg4xchamp
Sony always got the best games line-up.GaMeR_Willz
PS2 and PS1...yeah usually, although 64s best games were some of the greatest console games of all time.

But this gen The PS3 has had the worst lineup each year.

Launch, Wii had the bigger game with Twilight Princess

07 360 was a given to be better

but Wii had Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, Zack and Wikki, Trauma Center, Metroid PRime 3, etc the exclusives were once again Wii>PS3

and so far in 08 the PS3 didn't get its first good(AA or better exclusive) until MGS 4(WHICH WILL BE AAA, crystal ball says so)

Meanwhile the Wii has allready had AAA exclusives in BRawl and No More Heroes

and Mario Kart Wii for AA.

BUt But thats only gamespot

The metacritic scores won't change anything bud.
DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DrinkDuff
[QUOTE="-Renegade"]

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]That conference scared the tar out of you, huh?Blackbond

Never lose hope!

Just Wait! You'll see.
joker730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 joker730
[QUOTE="joker730"][QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="joker730"]

[QUOTE="Blackbond"]Man the cows have been at it all day. I don't have any more tissues left for you guys. The mere fact that the 360 is getting any JRPGS at all let alone more currently then the Sony console is something last gen I thought would never happen.Blackbond

Underwhelmed =/= whining, crying, complaining, that the 360 is getting these games. 1UP is just underwhelmed.

ok not whining,etc.... what i meant to say is that the tc and most cows opinion is almost the same with 1up which is odd
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Wow Sony gets MGS4 as its onyl really good game. And Final Fantasy is nothing to brag about, that series went downhill after IX. It went from being the premier JRPG to being dullfully average in just 3 games.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]That conference scared the tar out of you, huh?-Renegade

Yeah yeay, we just have to wait, huh? :lol:

joker730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 joker730

Wow Sony gets MGS4 as its onyl really good game. And Final Fantasy is nothing to brag about, that series went downhill after IX. It went from being the premier JRPG to being dullfully average in just 3 games.Ket87

oh yea and just forget the fact that that is your opinion, its a system seller, and FF13 is a whole new game

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ket87

[QUOTE="Ket87"]Wow Sony gets MGS4 as its onyl really good game. And Final Fantasy is nothing to brag about, that series went downhill after IX. It went from being the premier JRPG to being dullfully average in just 3 games.joker730

oh yea and just forget the fact that that is your opinion, its a system seller, and FF13 is a whole new game

Its a system seller? FF13 is god knows how long away and was just confirmed that its not even far enough along that Square recently said they are not even showing it at E3. Even if I was someone buying a PS3 for just FF13 I would be waiting a long time.

As for 13 being a whole new game does it even matter anymore? Sakaguchi left and since FF has turned into crap. He didn't have any involvement in X and left it up to Nomura and he singlehandedly destroyed the leveling system in use for 9 games + spin-offs into the sphere grid. Not to mention X is undeniably the most linear FF. XI somehow managed to even become a numbered game and ended up being a rather mediocre MMO released seemingly for the sole purpose of being destroyed by WoW. XII was left to Kitase if I remember right who turned the combat system into the hybrid real-time/turn-based which really only works in MMOs and the gambit system which really turned into a more in-depth way to babysit AI partners. Not to mention the lifeless story caused by the decision to restrict cutscenes to a certain length and frequency. I'm glad Sakaguchi left. He was the only one there who realyl knew how to make a game really a FF.

The others were imposters riding on coattails by using the same sound effects and names to cover up being just another RPG. So seeing the downward slope of messing with old conventions and making them worse or failing to update the game fully into the world of modern RPGs. Or cutting the feet out from underneath the story I just see 13 being more of the same now. I hope everyone involved with the last three has nothing to do with 13 and maybe it might be good. But I've lost faith in the FF series. IX was the last excellent game and I thought it wasn't even that great at the time untill I played the last few games and looked back on it thought wow IX totally kicked these games asses. 6-9 were the best I really wished the FF series would have stopped there and it could of faded off on a high note but now Square is just milking it.

kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts

All game systems have A list games and B list game and even C list games

microsoft,Nintendo,Sony all have ace up their sleeve we have to wait till E3 next month

Metal Gear 4 will get AA

I am hoping E3 show new Final Fantasy XIII trailer

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ket87

All game systems have A list games and B list game and even C list games

microsoft,Nintendo,Sony all have ace up their sleeve we have to wait till E3 next month

Metal Gear 4 will get AA

I am hoping E3 show new Final Fantasy XIII trailer

kyacat

I take it you didn't look at the other threads before you posted in this one. SE said no FF13 at E3 this year.

joker730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 joker730
[QUOTE="joker730"]

[QUOTE="Ket87"]Wow Sony gets MGS4 as its onyl really good game. And Final Fantasy is nothing to brag about, that series went downhill after IX. It went from being the premier JRPG to being dullfully average in just 3 games.Ket87

Its a system seller? FF13 is god knows how long away and was just confirmed that its not even far enough along that Square recently said they are not even showing it at E3. Even if I was someone buying a PS3 for just FF13 I would be waiting a long time.

As for 13 being a whole new game does it even matter anymore? Sakaguchi left and since FF has turned into crap. He didn't have any involvement in X and left it up to Nomura and he singlehandedly destroyed the leveling system in use for 9 games + spin-offs into the sphere grid. Not to mention X is undeniably the most linear FF. XI somehow managed to even become a numbered game and ended up being a rather mediocre MMO released seemingly for the sole purpose of being destroyed by WoW. XII was left to Kitase if I remember right who turned the combat system into the hybrid real-time/turn-based which really only works in MMOs and the gambit system which really turned into a more in-depth way to babysit AI partners. Not to mention the lifeless story caused by the decision to restrict cutscenes to a certain length and frequency. I'm glad Sakaguchi left. He was the only one there who realyl knew how to make a game really a FF.

The others were imposters riding on coattails by using the same sound effects and names to cover up being just another RPG. So seeing the downward slope of messing with old conventions and making them worse or failing to update the game fully into the world of modern RPGs. Or cutting the feet out from underneath the story I just see 13 being more of the same now. I hope everyone involved with the last three has nothing to do with 13 and maybe it might be good. But I've lost faith in the FF series. IX was the last excellent game and I thought it wasn't even that great at the time untill I played the last few games and looked back on it thought wow IX totally kicked these games asses. 6-9 were the best I really wished the FF series would have stopped there and it could of faded off on a high note but now Square is just milking it.

i didnt even bother reading the whole thing anyways, opinions.....opinions, wow dude you make everything sound like a fact and you dissed on ff10 and thats my favorite FF next FF7 and possibly one of fav. games, well anyway im not to worried about it because everybody is entitled to their own opinion but sure a lot of ppl disagree with you and dude just stop with FF not being an system seller or FF 13 not being great cause you dont know jack about it and correction they said there wouldnt be a demo at E3 nothing about a new trailer or gameplay footage/new info

IgorVitaly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 IgorVitaly
Member since 2008 • 1135 Posts
Meh I am happy with the PCs A + B +C +D list!
SpinoRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SpinoRaptor
Member since 2006 • 2419 Posts

I think -Renegade got bit by the Jealousy Bug :lol:

Plus those games won't come out on PS3.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

I think it's sad that Microsoft is trying harder than Sony to secure good games and yet they still won't achieve strong sales in Japan.

There's something really wrong with that... it just lets Sony get cocky, and it's worse for us gamers.

SpinoRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SpinoRaptor

I think it's sad that Microsoft is trying harder than Sony to secure good games and yet they still won't achieve strong sales in Japan.

There's something really wrong with that... it just lets Sony get cocky, and it's worse for us gamers.

the-very-best

Thats the reason why they secured those games. To get more Sales in Japan.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
[QUOTE="the-very-best"]

SpinoRaptor

I know that.

My point was that they're not gonna get the sales even when they deserve it. I'm not trying to be a pessimist or anything but nothing they've done in Japan has made an impact, even though they've worked harder than Sony has over there.

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DrinkDuff
[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor"][QUOTE="the-very-best"]

the-very-best

I know that.

My point was that they're not gonna get the sales even when they deserve it. I'm not trying to be a pessimist or anything but nothing they've done in Japan has made an impact, even though they've worked harder than Sony has over there.

Hopefully, they will make up for that by getting plenty of JRPG sales in North America and Europe.
SpinoRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SpinoRaptor
[QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="SpinoRaptor"][QUOTE="the-very-best"]

DrinkDuff

I know that.

Hopefully, they will make up for that by getting plenty of JRPG sales in North America and Europe.

Exactly. It was a smart move by MS.