Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

What exactly is the PS4 OS team doing anyway?

They are with the rest of the PS4 team holidaying in the Caribbean, drinking cocktails made of lem tears.

Seriously though, I still can't use the PS4 browser without getting the message that there is not enough memory space, even though I don't have anything saved or open to be using up this so called space.

But hey, it's only been eight months. o_0

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#102 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

The truth hurts but I'm gonna say it anyway. The ps4 is not as godly powerful as it's fans would have you to believe. They probably can't get the spend/resume feature to work so they are dodging it. I also thought ps now was supposed to launch this year. What happened to that? I guess it's going to be in beta forever just like PlayStation home so they can't call it a failure.

I still can't buy and change avatars, sort my games, have themes, play music off the usb or even change that boring blue background color. I wouldn't be complaining about these small features because it's supposed to be a GAME console. But wait!? All I have seen so far is remakes and sequels or games clearly inspired by gears of war.

Sony is using all the indies a ruse to show eager fans that they have some huge list of games. I like some indie games but they should only complement the bigger releases not be a substitute for games. Sorry indie lovers,but no one buys a $400 console for indie games. Not because they are inferior (I'm not an indie hater) but because they can be played on any platform that you most likely already have. Why buy a new console when you can play these games on a tablet or pc that you already have?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#103 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Go get laid already.

No one'll agree to do it with me. You wanna oblige? :-3

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Go get laid already.

No one'll agree to do it with me. You wanna oblige? :-3

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#105  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts
@Ghost120x said:

The truth hurts but I'm gonna say it anyway. The ps4 is not as godly powerful as it's fans would have you to believe. They probably can't get the spend/resume feature to work so they are dodging it. I also thought ps now was supposed to launch this year. What happened to that? I guess it's going to be in beta forever just like PlayStation home so they can't call it a failure.

Suspend/Resume works (at least to some extent) on the X1, so no, I don't think power is the issue. And they aren't dodging the issue (as they have done before on some things), instead publicly talking about their continued commitment to the feature, even with the delay.

I don't get your point about PSNow. They announced it in January, delivered the closed beta as promised, and open beta starts in a few days. That's hardly a stretched out timeline, and have done everything they have promised. So what are you on about?

@Ghost120x said:

I still can't buy and change avatars, sort my games, have themes, play music off the usb or even change that boring blue background color. I wouldn't be complaining about these small features because it's supposed to be a GAME console. But wait!? All I have seen so far is remakes and sequels or games clearly inspired by gears of war.

So you're complaining about little things you wouldn't normally... out of spite?

@Ghost120x said:

Sony is using all the indies a ruse to show eager fans that they have some huge list of games. I like some indie games but they should only complement the bigger releases not be a substitute for games. Sorry indie lovers,but no one buys a $400 console for indie games. Not because they are inferior (I'm not an indie hater) but because they can be played on any platform that you most likely already have. Why buy a new console when you can play these games on a tablet or pc that you already have?

Because not everyone likes playing on PC? Hell, most of SW bitches about playing on mobile devices. Why not buy games for whatever platform you enjoy playing on most? Most people don't amass platforms to play on (like most of us do). They get a system to game on and buy what comes out for that system that interests them. If you're going to speak on the waste of getting a new console to play indie games, wouldn't buying a PC for the same be worse?

People have preferences. I generally will gravitate towards PC for most indie games, but find myself enjoying some on Vita more. Sometimes even my tablet gets the nod.

I'm not sure how this really applies to the discussion at hand, but it's a silly argument. Games coming to your system is never a bad thing. And Playstation hasn't had a console yet that didn't accumulate a quality library. It's like some of you have never been around new consoles before. You mustn't, because the 360 and PS3 had less to offer than the XB1 and PS4 do in the same timeframe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Works for me. never had a problem sharing.

You think Nintendo baby steps in terms of having a functional ecosystem are acceptable, and actively consider Mario Kart TV to be "good" for some reason. credibility zero.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
@darkspineslayer said:

You think Nintendo baby steps in terms of having a functional ecosystem are acceptable, and actively consider Mario Kart TV to be "good" for some reason. credibility zero.

Somehow, all of this is relevant to the topic on hand!

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@darkspineslayer said:

Actually it is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Krelian-co said:

@charizard1605 said:
@darkspineslayer said:

Actually it is.

It's not. I criticize Nintendo plenty, for all of their features that I feel are lacking. I praise them for those that I feel are well done. Same with Sony.

Which brings us back to... what in the world does Nintendo have to do with this topic?

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

@santoron:

1. I'm not exactly sure, but I heard ps now was to be available in North America by 2014. The way they said it, it sounded like the service would be fully launched and not as a beta.

2. I'm not complaining out of spite. The point I was trying to make there is, I or anyone else wouldn't be complaining about non- gaming features If we had good games to play. I know it's launch but I guess I expected too much out of Sony. I expected them to be like Nintendo with at least one compelling launch game that is good and fresh like Mario 64 was or any Mario launch game for that matter.(This is very subjective)

3.Yes, people have their preferences but in the real world not everyone is a game hobbyist like you or me. They can settle with PC or other things. Yes, buying a pc for the same would be worse, but most people already have a pc which they have bought for other things besides gaming. It is also likely that these pc's aren't high powered rigs but at the same time capable of playing a lot of the indie games that come out. These indie games often come out on steam months before the console release.

4. Games coming to a system can be a bad thing. If types of games doesn't resonate with the gamers of the console they will go elsewhere. Last gen people would argue that the wii had lots of shovel ware games. Even vita owners who bought the system for Sony's "AAA console-like games" promise are upset. If you bought the ps4 which is supposedly promised to a hobbyist as "the most powerful gaming console ever" and 90% of the games turn out to be just dance clones. I don't know who wouldn't be upset.

5. I know console launches take time but I hope since Sony has a great lead, they don't take it easy with the exclusives they were pumping out last gen to tie with MS.

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

Y'know what they really need to fix is error ce-34878-0

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#112 nintendoboy16  Online
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

Jeez, the amount of damage control over the bugged share.

razu2444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 razu2444
Member since 2010 • 820 Posts

Maybe if you complain to Sony rather than here?...

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

Both consoles launched early so all these 'promised' features will be along shortly.

In the meantime, 'Xbox record that.'

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

1. Never actually used the share button. (not a social media fiend). but I suppose it will be cool for some.

2. Suspend/Resume will be a great feature once they finally add it but I still enjoy the fact that I can "pause" the gameplay and open other features. Just the other day I was stuck on a boss character.. so I "paused" the gameplay.. popped up the web browser and went to Youtube to find a solution.. then I went back to the game and beat the boss. That's worth it's weight in Gold.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

I didn't read the whole thread so this was probably posted already but, to work around the share issues, press the button once at the start of your session, once you've done that subsequent presses should record the previous 15 (or whatever you set it at) mins of footage reliably.

But yeah it needs sorting, i remember it working perfectly well when the console first launched so one of the numerous updates must've fucked it up.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#118 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

maybe Sony will pull a similar excuse like they did when they couldn't get party chat on the PS3, say that they didn't allocate enough RAM to non-gaming functions to allow for these cool features

iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

Funny how I had my ps4 since launch but have never touch the share features. I own an elgato game capture, so that's the reason I don't bother with the share. Yeah share feature would be more convenient to use. I will look into using that instead. TC you should go to the sony website and post in their forum. tell them you are a moderator from Gamespot and would like to speak to only their leader and not to any peons. Don't forget to copy and paste your message to their forum. if they like you they will move you from 1st level member to Sony Moderator and fly you over to their headquarter for an in person discussion about the OS. Ask for some champagne and a month free hotel+bed & breakfast+ps4 setup. Also ask for room service from hot japanese ladies. I'M kiddin! Good luck man i hope your message gets across to sony.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#120 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

They should hire MS, they are actually good on updating interfaces or their OS.

Cows waiting again.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#121  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts
@charizard1605 said:

@SolidTy said:

Share works fine for me, but I've had the machine since launch to practice.

I am glad it works great for you. However, for countless other users, it does not. It is therefore a problem Sony needs to fix. It is also one that they haven't even acknowledged.

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Sony's still racking in Money of PS4 sales.

If people like the system as is, why fix it?

(clearly not how it should work, but still it took WiiU about 2 years to get to where it's at, so take it what you will.)

Sadly this is true. Unless Sony thinks it's sales are going to start hurting from not fixing it, it won't be fixed. When you're the leaders you can afford to be lazy.

The only way Sony is going to think their sales are going to start hurting is if enough people start complaining to the point they start getting bad press about it, and unfortunately this isn't the case as most gamers seem not to care or are just as lazy as Sony.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Have you consider not sharing, and not suspending?

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@amazonangry: LOL

thread backfire!

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Have you tried pressing the share button? Works for me every time.

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidTy said:

Share works fine for me, but I've had the machine since launch to practice.

I am glad it works great for you. However, for countless other users, it does not. It is therefore a problem Sony needs to fix. It is also one that they haven't even acknowledged.

Like SolidTy said, works just fine for me and own PS4 since Launch.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#126 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

I just hate the layout, much preferred the xmb to be honest.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Yeah, mine doesn't record anything unless it is done manually. It's only sporadically recorded a few games (UFC demo/inFamous) and it didn't work for me just as I was playing Destiny. It's not a huge issue for me, mindy you, as I can't be bothered with the effort of sharing it without posting it on my damn Facebook (I know you can stick it on a USB).

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@charizard1605: Just was at BestBuy looking at the Sony 4k TVs lack of smart features..../ass

Good luck with those phantom fixes and updates. Play the games take your mind off the OS. It's a futile waste of time.

The PS3 updates should be enough proof. Give Sony 5 years. They will need it.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

If anything, Nintendo needs to fix their console. Why aren't you making negative threads pertaining to your soul mate?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
@Snugenz said:

I didn't read the whole thread so this was probably posted already but, to work around the share issues, press the button once at the start of your session, once you've done that subsequent presses should record the previous 15 (or whatever you set it at) mins of footage reliably.

But yeah it needs sorting, i remember it working perfectly well when the console first launched so one of the numerous updates must've fucked it up.

Yes, we've been through this already. There's a workaround, it's not a fix for Share not working.

@Pray_to_me said:

Have you tried pressing the share button? Works for me every time.

Is this supposed to be a joke? Please ell me this is supposed to be a joke.

@EasyComeEasyGo said:

Like SolidTy said, works just fine for me and own PS4 since Launch.

Good for you? Just because it works for you doesn't mean it works for everyone else.

God damn it, is System Wars really so logically challenged that I have to restate and repeat this simple concept over and over again?

@Liquid_ said:

If anything, Nintendo needs to fix their console. Why aren't you making negative threads pertaining to your soul mate?

You must be new around here.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

PS4 OS is a shitty mess.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Share works for me and I use it often. Try looking up a user guide, it may help you.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#133 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

How about it actually lets you record more than 15 fucking minutes?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Heil68 said:

Share works for me and I use it often. Try looking up a user guide, it may help you.

One again- great that it works for you. It doesn't for me. It doesn't work for a whole lot of other users. It's not user error, it's inconsistent application.

@jg4xchamp said:

How about it actually lets you record more than 15 fucking minutes?

You know I'm actually okay with just 15 minutes. ****, get it down to 10 minutes or 5 minutes if that is what it takes to actually get the damn thing to work as advertised.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#135 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

So TC here's an unexpected moment that i witnessed while playing FF14 last night which was recorded automatically.

I was lost trying to look for a quest then suddenly i noticed a bunch of people walking past me one after another so i got curious i mean it wasnt just 4 or 5 people i was seeing more than 10 everyone were going into the same direction so i decided to follow everyone to see a bunch of people in one location and everyone started ganging up on one monster lol ( which you can all see in the video ).. i didnt click record manually or anything, everything was recorded automatically using share button with the last 15 minutes thing.

so it works.. its either you are in the minority of those who have a bug in their share feature or your arent clicking Square to save the clip after clicking the share button.

everything in the video was recorded, edited and added the intro using the Share feature and Share Factory on the PS4 ( BS: Click HD for better quality )

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@finalstar2007: Again, finalstar, I'm not disputing the fact that it works for you, or many others in this thread- I am saying that it doesn't work for me, or many others in this thread, or similar threads on Reddit, NeoGAF, or the PlayStation Blog.

There's no minority or majority here. If it's not working for 25% of the users, that's a minority, but that's 1 out of 4 users it's not working for. It's Sony's job to ensure a consistent application of one of their most advertised features, and so far, they have failed to do so.

That, and you have absolutely no way of telling that the people this doesn't work for are in the minority. Maybe the people it does work for are in the minority.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

' If something super cool happens during your game that you want to share with everyone, just pull up the Share menu, save, and then share. Pretty awesome, right?'. I'm pretty sure anyone above the age of 6 years old you share this stuff with will not think it is 'awesome'.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@blueinheaven said:

' If something super cool happens during your game that you want to share with everyone, just pull up the Share menu, save, and then share. Pretty awesome, right?'. I'm pretty sure anyone above the age of 6 years old you share this stuff with will not think it is 'awesome'.

Sucks to have boring friends, I guess.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@blueinheaven said:

Yes my gamer friends are very boring they won't be 'wow dude omgodz' when you hit level 7 and share it with them. Sucks to be me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@blueinheaven said:

@charizard1605 said:

@blueinheaven said:

Yes my gamer friends are very boring they won't be 'wow dude omgodz' when you hit level 7 and share it with them. Sucks to be me.

Well at least we're on the same page then =)

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22676 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

Ah the Share feature is probably the most amazing thing a console every introduced! the quality is mad great its even better than the $90 Roxio i bought last generation.

Let me give you an advise instead of relaying on Auto-recording why dont you just click the Share button twice and record manually? honestly i didnt even know about autorecording till this thread, what i been doing is easily click the Share button TWICE and it starts recording the gameplay of any game for 15 minutes and once its done it will straight up tell you ( Gameplay Recorded ).. want to record again? simply click the share TWICE again i dont see why thats so hard.

heck you can even edit that video and cut or add anything using the share factory and copy to a USB stick.. i been a PS4 owner for like 2 weeks and half now and man im loving the share feature so much!

example:

Loading Video...

Now in terms of Resume and Suspend yeah it was supposed to be t launch but hey they did say it was coming.

I approve of this video... ;)

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

Press X to Jason

Press Share to Share.

I know, I know, it's a workaround and not an actual solution. I just really wanted to type that.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#143 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Why does it need fixing when it's not even broken....

It's only 8 months in. We're in for a long haul of updates and features.

I mean look at how long it took ninty to patch up the Wii-U OS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Animal-Mother said:

They're still not done patching it up ;__;

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#145  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@b4x said:

@charizard1605: Just was at BestBuy looking at the Sony 4k TVs In Envy

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#146 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts

Sounds like a really nice feature. I've never recorded anything, due to me having no idea when something cool will happen, and not wanting to record everything I play. There have been countless awesome moments in games that I wish I had a clip of. This feature you speak of would fix that.

It's really a shame that this PS4 feature doesn't work and I really understand your frustration. I didn't know Sony's OS fixing was so crappy as this thread makes it seem..

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

They're still not done patching it up ;__;

It bothers you that much? I'd prefer less OS, honestly. In fact, all these features should be dropped and stop hogging system resources.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#148 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

I think we all could expect this from Sony. They think if you make something big and mighty that it's amazing anyway, the PS3 UI is the worst thing in the world tbh.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#150 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@charizard1605: Exactly this shit takes a while.

WHile yes I agree the OS isn't the most optimal right now it'll get there like every other console.
In response to your thread title it's not broke at all. It just needs some clean up and some of the features
added. In time char you like most people know we're in for the long haul with this stuff.