Sony: DSi is another KIDS PRODUCT!!!

• 139 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChiddaPotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 ChiddaPotta
Member since 2007 • 1670 Posts

Meh. I'd rather spend my money on something else better.

I already have a PSP so this is useless to me.

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#102 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor"]And it will still crush your PSP Sony.king_bobo
Are you serious? The PSP is the better of the two and has better games. It's just that their not really the sort of thing that people end up using, whereas the DS is.

wait.... what? :?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#103 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
Honestly, I'm tired of hearing Sony's propaganda.
MagnuzGuerra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 MagnuzGuerra
Member since 2004 • 1037 Posts
:lol: I don't know what is more laughable: Sony's claim or those posts trying to prove Sony's claim.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#105 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor"]And it will still crush your PSP Sony.king_bobo
Are you serious? The PSP is the better of the two and has better games. It's just that their not really the sort of thing that people end up using, whereas the DS is.

PSP has good games but there is way to far of a gap between them. Look at the last 6 months there has only been 2 AA games. Well the DS has had 2 AAA and 9 AA titles.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#106 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

:lol: I don't know what is more laughable: Sony's claim or those posts trying to prove Sony's claim.MagnuzGuerra

Well we all know Nintendo is just aiming to have kids get their parents to buy them a Wii and the latest DS since any adult out there with any common sense would never touch the DS because it has Nintendogs on it. Honestly, why use the DS when you can play a PSP game and experience its wonderfully ackward controls? I mean, the DS couldn't possibly be beating the PSP because its a superior handheld or anything like that.

phatkav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 phatkav
Member since 2005 • 1357 Posts
And yet in the end of the day, the DSi gets overall a better quality lineup of games and kills the PSP in sales. Sony why don't you just STFU and admit the fact that the DS is killing you.
euphzilla03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 euphzilla03
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts
Honestly after reading the comments of sony reps in several magazines going on the offensive various times with any competitors I've learned to dismiss their claims and comments.Its a typical smear campaign..honestly this just shows us how out of touch Sony is with the gaming world...you know its funny you dont often see Nintendo or Microsoft doing this sort of snotty childish thing..I'm sure lots of sony fanboys and those who claim to be "hardcore" gamers because they only play Sony games will hurry to the defense of Sony and try and protect them..enough being snarky though...I think what Sony is doing is largely par for the course they redefined gaming for the worst in my opinion and they have to attack those who don't go with their standards. Like I've said the console war or system war is foolish as it is largely a matter of opinion and like in a political campaign both sides will exagerate things and try to smear the name of their opponents all thought this happens more from the fan point of view when it comes to Microsoft and Nintendo than it does with the actually companies themselves...well not counting Sony...
weddy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 weddy92
Member since 2008 • 747 Posts

Sony calling all sheep a bunch of 12 year old punk kids. If I was a sheep I would be VERY offended about this. I can't think of anything more insulting, well maybe them insulting your mother.

Maybe.

09Nick

r u joking?

JB730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 JB730
Member since 2004 • 3375 Posts

sony can keep thinking that the DS is a kid's product

nintendo will keep laughing all the way to the bank as they continue to dominate sony handidly in both the handheld and console market

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

yeah...and the psp is geared towards 15 year olds that just want to look cool by having a multimedia device in their pocket.

I can make mass generalizations too.

Shinobishyguy

Agreed. And the PSP really makes teenagers look cool in school. The problem is, however, that once you are no longer a teenager, just in terms of looks and design, the PSP is WAY more TEH KIDDIE than the DS.

I mean, let's say you are in your late 30's and, somehow, your boss, co-workers or, if you are still single, your girlfriend, find one of these on your desk/table/closet.

He/she/they will think you are teh kiddie. The PSP's design screams "LOOK AT ME, I AM A TOY. MY PURPOSE IS TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES".

Now, imagine the same thing happens with a DS:

Is that a PDA? A weird cellphone? a Palm Pilot? You have to open the thing to know what it's supposed to do.

Now, one thing needs to be clear: BOTH THE PSP AND THE DS ARE TOYS! No, in fact, let me rephrase that: EVERY SINGLE VIDEO GAME HANDHELD OR CONSOLE IS, BY DEFINITION, A TOY. However, in terms of design, the DS looks way, WAY, less like a toy than the PSP. I think that is pretty obvious for anyone with at least five or six working brain cells.

Sony's biggest mistake is thinking that, for some reason, adults really like to sit with their friends and discuss whose console/handheld/computer has more Megahertz, Megabytes, pixels, better shading, teraflops and whatnot. The thing is, in the real world, it's the exact opposite. Basically, it's people between the ages 13 and 30 who care about those things. Adults simply know what their electronic gadgets do, they don't care how they do it or how much RAM they have. And, if the are going to get a PORTABLE VIDEO GAME TOY, because that's what the DS and the PSP are, TOYS, they will gravitate towards the one that looks less blatantly like a video game handheld that has games like Brain Training, which he can show to his adult friends without looking like a complete dork... And the figures and statistics that were posted eariler in this thread prove that's exactly what's happening.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Sony executives say the darnest things (pun and all).
murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
well this isnt the first time sony did this and probably not the last
Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Fawlcon_Pawnch
Member since 2008 • 1651 Posts

LOL oh sony, what cant you say?!

--------------------

Edit:

DAMM THAT'S SEXY!!!! I gotta get a DS soon

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Yes only kids have DSs.

Yes kids do need that camera and SD card slot too.

MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 MarloStanfield
Member since 2008 • 2409 Posts

PSP is a useless handheld. It's a lot worse than dedicated MP3 players like the ipod, It's a lot worse thhan dedicated gaming handhelds like the DS

Sony is getting desperate because they're running out of old PS1 games to port to the PSP

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

yeah...and the psp is geared towards 15 year olds that just want to look cool by having a multimedia device in their pocket.

I can make mass generalizations too.

LordQuorthon

Agreed. And the PSP really makes teenagers look cool in school. The problem is, however, that once you are no longer a teenager, just in terms of looks and design, the PSP is WAY more TEH KIDDIE than the DS.

I mean, let's say you are in your late 30's and, somehow, your boss, co-workers or, if you are still single, your girlfriend, find one of these on your desk/table/closet.

He/she/they will think you are teh kiddie. The PSP's design screams "LOOK AT ME, I AM A TOY. MY PURPOSE IS TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES".

Now, imagine the same thing happens with a DS:

Is that a PDA? A weird cellphone? a Palm Pilot? You have to open the thing to know what it's supposed to do.

Now, one thing needs to be clear: BOTH THE PSP AND THE DS ARE TOYS! No, in fact, let me rephrase that: EVERY SINGLE VIDEO GAME HANDHELD OR CONSOLE IS, BY DEFINITION, A TOY. However, in terms of design, the DS looks way, WAY, less like a toy than the PSP. I think that is pretty obvious for anyone with at least five or six working brain cells.

Sony's biggest mistake is thinking that, for some reason, adults really like to sit with their friends and discuss whose console/handheld/computer has more Megahertz, Megabytes, pixels, better shading, teraflops and whatnot. The thing is, in the real world, it's the exact opposite. Basically, it's people between the ages 13 and 30 who care about those things. Adults simply know what their electronic gadgets do, they don't care how they do it or how much RAM they have. And, if the are going to get a PORTABLE VIDEO GAME TOY, because that's what the DS and the PSP are, TOYS, they will gravitate towards the one that looks less blatantly like a video game handheld that has games like Brain Training, which he can show to his adult friends without looking like a complete dork... And the figures and statistics that were posted eariler in this thread prove that's exactly what's happening.

Man... what is it with looks theses days... I have to look "cool"... what?

Show that I can play brain training to prove i am not a dork... who, am I trying to impresse and why?

This is just geting sad...

Koba123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#118 Koba123
Member since 2005 • 1739 Posts
The DS is just like the Wii, you either hate it or you're a 12 year old.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

Man... what is it with looks theses days... I have to look "cool"... what?

Show that I can play brain training to prove i am not a dork... who, am I trying to impresse and why?

This is just geting sad...

Bebi_vegeta

I have a Decepticons skin on my DS. I look coolest of all.

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Fawlcon_Pawnch
Member since 2008 • 1651 Posts

The DS is just like the Wii, you either hate it or you're a 12 year old.Koba123

OMG :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the sig, that was priceless

UnamedThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 UnamedThing
Member since 2008 • 1761 Posts

[QUOTE="hmac777"]The DS killing psp in sales doesn't negate the fact that it has a large kid fan base, your making an arguement with evidence that has nothing to do with the outcome. Infact having a large kid/casual fanbase is what allows nintendo to make so much money. Its a battle of integrity vs. good businessMarloStanfield

But the majority of people who own the system aren't kids and it has a larger amount of adults and gamers playing it than garbage like the PSP

Give me three facts on why the PSP is garbage. Go ahead. Anyone.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#122 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Oh noes, I guess I'm 6 years too old to own a DS. Poor me.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
[QUOTE="09Nick"]

Sony calling all sheep a bunch of 12 year old punk kids. If I was a sheep I would be VERY offended about this. I can't think of anything more insulting, well maybe them insulting your mother.

Maybe.

fiercedeity901

sony is just pissed that the DS has the much better overall games and that the PSP was really only good for it's media...and NOW the DSi will do everything and then some that the PSP can do so basically it's putting a stake into the heart of the PSP and sony

The last few years have been a cool cinematic of the D.S. beating up the PSP in mid-air. Now a timed input sequence has appeared on the screen, and the words FINISH HIM! are flashing.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

You've got to wonder where Sony Execs get there info from sometimes.

cakeorrdeath

Wait a minute...that chart totally disproves what that Sony executive said. Does that mean Sony is lying? :o

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
[QUOTE="DJCUEBALL"]

Along with the product is just geared towards a very young crowd. That's what Nintendo's demographic is, look around. I see it all the time. I know many people who either have a Wii or a DS whereas the older crowd has a PS3 or a 360 or both. It's common sense... Nintendo makes their consoles and handhelds cheap so that kids can afford it. Well not the kids, but the parents can afford it for the kids. Whereas someone who's a bit older, has a job can afford to buy a more expensive console.

Face it, you have games like Nintendogs, Pokemon, Mario that appeal mostly (not all) to kids and it's mainly the parents buying these games. Now this may not be the case with you or some people here on the forums, but generally that is the case.

cakeorrdeath

Along with the product is just geared towards a very mature crowd. That's what Nintendo's demographic is, look around. I see it all the time. I know many people who either have a Wii or a DS whereas the younger crowd has a PS3 or a 360 or both. It's common sense... Nintendo makes their consoles and handhelds cheap so that people with other financial commitments can afford it. Whereas someone who's a bit younger, has no dependants or overheads can afford to buy a more expensive console.

Face it, you have games like Brainage, Hotel Dusk, New York Times Crossword that appeal mostly (not all) to an older crowd. Now this may not be the case with you or some people here on the forums, but generally that is the case.

See we can all make generalised anecdotal statements, they don't mean much.

Brilliant answer. I especially liked the "It's common sense... Nintendo makes their consoles and handhelds cheap so that people with other financial commitments can afford it. Whereas someone who's a bit younger, has no dependants or overheads can afford to buy a more expensive console." part. Makes sense.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#126 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

I prefer PSP, but I am kind of PO'd about the new PSP model, and the DSi actually has some features that I was hoping Sony would integrate. I really wanted the next PSP to have a built in camera, because I thought it would be awesome to have handheld video chat capability and be able to take photos without a dorky add-on. Pretty much the only new feature on the PSP 3000 that I can think of is that it has a microphone and shorter battery life. Seriously, WTF? If anything, the 3000 should have improved over its predicessors with battery life, not taken a step backwards! *sigh* Sony, Sony... And here I thought you were learning! It will probably be decent, but simply put Nintendo is making a far greater stride with their next DS than Sony is with their next PSP.

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#127 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
Hey when your have a handheld as crappy and useless as the PSP all they do is bash the DS to make themselves feel better.
calvinx6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#128 calvinx6
Member since 2004 • 1788 Posts
[QUOTE="MarloStanfield"]

[QUOTE="hmac777"]The DS killing psp in sales doesn't negate the fact that it has a large kid fan base, your making an arguement with evidence that has nothing to do with the outcome. Infact having a large kid/casual fanbase is what allows nintendo to make so much money. Its a battle of integrity vs. good businessUnamedThing

But the majority of people who own the system aren't kids and it has a larger amount of adults and gamers playing it than garbage like the PSP

1. Lack of game
  2. Little to no Third Party Support
  3. Too much Ports
  4. Nothing original about the Game
  5. Too easy to Hack
  6. Too much redisign that doesn't change or fix anything about the psp
  7. Not enough variety in games
  8. 1 analog stick
  9. Try to be something its not (IPod)
  10. Battery Life Suck
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Bebi_vegeta
[QUOTE="UnamedThing"][QUOTE="MarloStanfield"]

[QUOTE="hmac777"]The DS killing psp in sales doesn't negate the fact that it has a large kid fan base, your making an arguement with evidence that has nothing to do with the outcome. Infact having a large kid/casual fanbase is what allows nintendo to make so much money. Its a battle of integrity vs. good businesscalvinx6

1. Lack of game
  3. Too much Ports
  5. Too easy to Hack
  8. 1 analog stick
  10. Battery Life Suck

Compare to what DS???

CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts
[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]

You've got to wonder where Sony Execs get there info from sometimes.

Hexagon_777

Wait a minute...that chart totally disproves what that Sony executive said. Does that mean Sony is lying? :o

The chart actually backsup what part of what the Sony exec said. The DSi isnt going to expand their audience. The DS doesn't necessairly appeals to the 16-30 year old age group like the PSP does.

The DSi isn't going to do anything to widen that part of the demographic. the majority of sales will still be 6-12 and 30-45

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts

The chart actually backsup what part of what the Sony exec said. The DSi isnt going to expand their audience. The DS doesn't necessairly appeals to the 16-30 year old age group like the PSP does.

The DSi isn't going to do anything to widen that part of the demographic. the majority of sales will still be 6-12 and 30-45

CajunShooter

Except the Sony Exec didn't say that.

And the graph shows considerable penetration in the 16-30 year old age group.

Fusible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#132 Fusible
Member since 2005 • 2828 Posts
Don'T excpect them to praise the competition. Anyways, the person that listens to a single company, ain't going far far away. Companies always bash each others, and yet they steal ideas from each others. Funny, Sad and true.haris12121212
Actually the one that has always done most of the bashing is Sony, with everybody else just countering it. Because MS has praised Nintendo and even made a game for their DS.
calvinx6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#133 calvinx6
Member since 2004 • 1788 Posts
[QUOTE="calvinx6"][QUOTE="UnamedThing"][QUOTE="MarloStanfield"]

[QUOTE="hmac777"]The DS killing psp in sales doesn't negate the fact that it has a large kid fan base, your making an arguement with evidence that has nothing to do with the outcome. Infact having a large kid/casual fanbase is what allows nintendo to make so much money. Its a battle of integrity vs. good businessBebi_vegeta

1. Lack of game
  3. Too much Ports
  5. Too easy to Hack
  8. 1 analog stick
  10. Battery Life Suck

Compare to what DS???

Yes, more people hack the psp than the DS, thats why third party are not making games for it any more.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#134 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
cant expect to hear something nice from the competition....but still lol, stupid sony
WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#135 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts

[QUOTE="09Nick"]

Sony calling all sheep a bunch of 12 year old punk kids.

NSR34GTR

You have a wii with stupid rubbish games and a DS with nintendogs ...what do you expect?

Yea, triple A games are for 12 year olds!

I should have known, the older crowd can't enjoy quality, that's reserved for kids.

The chart clearly explains why this guy has no clue what he's talking about. Or he does, he's just smack talking the competition -- ie, there's no reason to listen to him at all.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#136 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Yeah...that was pretty stupid of Sony. Even if only 12 year olds bought DS', it'll still pull out over 400,000 units every month worldwide.

xX0LDSCH00LXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 xX0LDSCH00LXx
Member since 2007 • 1423 Posts

Maybe.

09Nick
LOL! LBP anyone!
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Bebi_vegeta
[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"][QUOTE="calvinx6"][QUOTE="UnamedThing"]

calvinx6

1. Lack of game
  3. Too much Ports
  5. Too easy to Hack
  8. 1 analog stick
  10. Battery Life Suck

Compare to what DS???

Yes, more people hack the psp than the DS, thats why third party are not making games for it any more.

LOL is that a joke...

what about this --- http://news.softpedia.com/news/Almost-1-Billion-Dollars-Lost-by-Nintendo-in-2007-78918.shtml

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

so sony, hows that whole "the PSP will be the walkman of the 21st century thing" going?

oh yea, it isn't. thats the job of the iPod, and Creative, and the Zune.

the PSP is only supported by Sqaure and Sony and though dissidia and etc. look good, i'd much rather have TWEWY and Dragon Quest 9, plus all the loads of other 3rd party support