Followers

Reviews: 219

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19570 Posts

@ellos said:
@Jag85 said:

Context:

He's saying that console gaming is relatively niche compared to F2P games. If you look at the global video game industry, mobile games account for over half of the industry, while PC and consoles each account for about a quarter of the industry. And when you look at what are the most-played and highest-grossing games, they're mostly F2P games (mainly mobile apps and F2P PC games). So he's implying that mobile and F2P games are now the new mainstream of video games.

Fun fact:

Sony's highest-grossing game is an F2P mobile app, Fate/Grand Order. It generates more annual revenue for Sony than their AAA blockbusters, at a small fraction of the budget. In 2018, Fate/Grand Order grossed over $1.2 billion. That's more than the combined revenue of GOW and Spider-Man on the PS4.

I tried to point this out I think it summaries what the thinking is. TC is right in his argument that this is a dis to the chest pounding playstation old guards from the CEO though. PR is probably not happy with the choice of words "Niche" even if its true. Oh no the faithful will be upset about this lol. I think TC argument kinda goes of the rails when he brings nintendo (mind you an actually smaller market when you bring everything) into this. He's so mad at cows that he fails to see that Nintendo new president has a similar boner for very much the same thing. I believe he said hes not satisfy with switch's profits and wants to create a 1 billion smartphone game operation.

Nintendo has its own major mobile hits with Pokemon Go and Fire Emblem Heroes. Pokemon Go makes $1.3 billion annually, while Fire Emblem Heroes has grossed $500 million. However, Nintendo only receives a fraction of the Pokemon Go money, so they make more money from Fire Emblem Heroes, which is fully owned by Nintendo.

I also forgot to mention another reason why the Sony CEO described console gaming as niche: the fact that console gaming is actually niche in Japan. The Sony CEO may have just been referring to the Japanese market, where console gaming has been losing relevance, with the exception of the Switch, which is a console-portable hybrid.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

@calvincfb said:

@son-goku7523: TC is completely delusional because he believes that the premium PC high end model is not niche, he is completely out of touch with reality.

It's pretty obvious to anyone with a brain that premium PCs are a niche. All you need to do is look at Steam hardware survey to realize this fact.

Most PC gamers are still gaming in 1080p on PCs weaker than the PS4.

JohnnyGT1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 JohnnyGT1
Member since 2012 • 147 Posts

@davillain-: I'm not sure about that as I use public transportation a lot for work. I have not yet seen someone take out a Switch on a train or on a bus or just waiting for either of these. It's only their phones that they take out and use.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@Jag85: They also own Dragalia Lost do they not. I thought that is on its way to do better then Fire Emblem. When you consider everything with pokemon etc there on there way there.

Shit why am i talking about mobile gatcha games. Exposed!!!.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#105  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19570 Posts

@ellos: You ninja'd my edit. I mentioned Pokemon Go in my edit. While Pokemon Go is bigger than Sony's Fate/Grand Order, Nintendo only receives a fraction of the Pokemon Go money (shared with Niantic, The Pokemon Company, Game Freak, and Creatures), so Nintendo makes more from Fire Emblem Heroes. Overall, I think both Sony and Nintendo make a similar amount of revenue from mobile games.

Mobile gacha games are interesting from a business perspective, but questionable from a moral (and possibly legal) perspective, much like the loot box. Nintendo themselves said excessive gacha could hurt their reputation, so their mobile games have limited gacha mechanics compared to the competition. In contrast to Sony's FGO, which abuses the gacha mechanics. But it hasn't hurt Sony's reputation, as FGO is released under their Aniplex label, rather than the Sony brand.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#106 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@son-goku7523: Fale news, all PC gamers have super PCs. They were all playing their games at 4k at the beginning of this gen and now all can, at least do 60fps.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#107 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20249 Posts

@Jag85: Yep, the Mario Kart Tour beta that came out shows a lot of gacha transactions. My biggest fear. Hopefully Nintendo can fix up the game's MT's before its full launch because it looks very good for a mobile Mario Kart game.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
@goldenelementxl said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

When most people use consoles to play netflix, yeah, it's pretty niche.

Don't tell the gamers tho, you'll hurt their feelings.

It's funny because the "hardcore" act as if their opinions are what shape the industry. Now we know they are the equivalent to bellybutton lint in the eyes of the executives.

Its pretty well known that any industry is shaped by the lowest common denominator. The ones with the loose wallets.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6950 Posts

@subspecies said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@goldenelementxl said:
@son-goku7523 said:

@goldenelementxl: ? In what universe is the Switch outpacing the PS4? Top selling console for 5 years straight has been the PS4. The PS4 beat Switch’s worldwide numbers in 2017 and 2018. In fact, this year is the only year Switch has a chance to beat the PS4 and it’s because the PS5 is right around the corner, and even with that it’s more than 60 million units behind the PS4 in total sales. Did you forget to take your meds?

I can see why Sony ignores y'all.

Jan 2018 - Switch Outpacing PS4 Global Sales

Dec 2018 - Switch sells more than PS4 and Xbox One between March 2017-Nov 2018

Jan 2019 -

Switch outsold every other console in 2018

"Switch was the top-selling system in the US both in terms of dollars and raw unit count, outpacing a previous record set by the PS4 in 2015."

This is why I always have a bone to pick with Cows. You all live in a parallel universe or something. Almost nothing you say is based on fact, yet you all believe and parrot the same factually incorrect b.s. on this board.

Please take your meds, you're embarrassing yourself.

PS4 Beats Nintendo Switch as 2018's Best-Selling Console

Do you even read your own links? Those numbers are for the US only. PS4 outsold the Switch WORLDWIDE

2018's console war is over and Sony's PlayStation 4 has managed to hold onto its top spot against the Nintendo Switch as the best-selling console. Last year was huge for gaming as the PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One went head-to-head in the battle of the consoles.

While the big three are already looking at what consoles come next, the current eight-generation of hardware is still going strong. Since releasing back in 2013, the PlayStation 4 has made a name for itself with critically acclaimed titles like Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Spider-Man. Considering two of those titles came out in 2018, it's no surprise the PS4 had a bumper year.

Related: A Little Evidence PlayStation 5 Might be Backward Compatible

Sony just dropped its latest financial data, confirming that 17.7 million PS4 consoles were shifted in 2018. As well as bringing the PS4's total sales to an impressive 94.2 million units, the statistics reveal Sony's bumper October to December sales period. Even at this late stage in the PlayStation 4's cycle, Sony shipped 8.1. million consoles in the last quarter of 2018.

On the other hand, Nintendonumbers show how the family-friendly offering shipped 17.4 million consoles last year. Sony only just nudged ahead of its closest competitor, but a win is still a win. Despite the Nintendo Switch crossing the sales line of 32.3 million units, it was no secret that Nintendo struggled at some points in 2018 alongside the plummeting stock value after a fairly average E3 2018 presentation. That being said, the house that Mario built sold a whopping 9.4 million Switches between October and December.

17.7 Million > 17.4 Million. GTFO!

Sony also sold 20.6 million units in 2017 compared to the Switch 10 million lol. Again, take your meds and stop making a fool of yourself in this thread. You talk about cows living in a parallel universe when you're the one that's clearly a loon lol. In what universe is 17.4 greater than 17.7?

TC just got body-slammed in his own thread.

To be fair, he is talking about launch aligned sales. For instance comparing 2017 sales between Switch and PS4 is stupid because they were at very different points in their lifecycle. Hence, why asking what did each sell in yr 1? of their existence, in yr 2? etc. is far more revealing.

Similarly, I believe his point on 2018 is that Switch ended the year very strong and growing. I suggest you compare launch aligned sales, which suggest that Switch is doing very well. Whether that will hold up for another year or two relative to PS4 is debateable, since PS4 had great sales growth in years 3-4 of its existence.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

@SUD123456: The term is "spin-cycling". Dude's fav console lost the year across the globe, so he's trying to find a way to give it any victory he can. Simple as that.

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

That is a poor choice of words. I would definitely not call console gaming "niche" at all. I understand there's more to gaming consoles, like mobile and PC. Maybe he's even including eSports and all sorts of other peripheral entertainment. But console gaming is no way NICHE.

Niche is something you can remove, and barely notice it's gone. Remove console gaming and see what happens to the gaming industry as a whole.

Also, what is up with the TC laughing at this? He's making fun of your own consoles and calling you a "little fry" as well!

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

@whatafailure: he is on perpetual meltdown, pay him no mind.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#113 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69581 Posts

It's funny watching Sony fannies damage control after Sony betrayed them by calling their beloved platform niche. To make things worse, they are strategizing to move away from hardware exclusives. ?? not sure what the rabid fans are going to do with Sony against them.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 FireEmblem_Man

@SUD123456: That's what I always used, but Cows insist on continuing moving the goal post to World Wide Sales and the advantage of the PS4 having bigger price drops after nearly 6 years out of the market.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Son-Goku7523

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@SUD123456: That's what I always used, but Cows insist on continuing moving the goal post to World Wide Sales and the advantage of the PS4 having bigger price drops after nearly 6 years out of the market.

Well launch aligned sales are pointless. Worldwide total sales are what matter since you just said now that we can't predict the future. Switch sales may tank next year after PS5 launches for all we know. You Sheep are shifting goal posts. In order for the Switch to catch up to PS4 (over 60 million behind lol) it's gonna have to start beating PS4 in total worldwide sales year after year. The launch aligned metric you guys are using is worthless in the grand scheme especially since the Switch is so far behind and has a lot of catching up to do.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#116 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69581 Posts

Why is anyone arguing over PS4 and Switch sales numbers when its niche according to Sony? I guess some people like arguing the little wins for niche things. ?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22378 Posts

@Pedro said:

It's funny watching Sony fannies damage control after Sony betrayed them by calling their beloved platform niche. To make things worse, they are strategizing to move away from hardware exclusives. ?? not sure what the rabid fans are going to do with Sony against them.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@son-goku7523 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Well launch aligned sales are pointless. Worldwide total sales are what matter since you just said now that we can't predict the future. Switch sales may tank next year after PS5 launches for all we know. You Sheep are shifting goal posts. In order for the Switch to catch up to PS4 (over 60 million behind lol) it's gonna have to start beating PS4 in total worldwide sales year after year. The launch aligned metric you guys are using is worthless in the grand scheme especially since the Switch is so far behind and has a lot of catching up to do.

So we are supposed to praise the PS4 sales numbers when the Switch, "launch aligned" sales are better? How is the "launch aligned" metric useless? It makes far more sense than comparing hardware that is more established and has been on sale longer with a more mature software library. I understand this is the last win you Cows have left and that you will hold onto it until the bitter end. But if the PS4 got here, where it is today, and the Switch is outpacing it... You know what? Nevermind. I'm better off convincing my 4 year old that veggies are good for him

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@calvincfb said:

@whatafailure: he is on perpetual meltdown, pay him no mind.

Why would I be on a meltdown? I own and game on everything, including mobile. I've been in the streaming beta's. I have high speed internet. I have a high-end PC. I'm good. I didn't sell my System Wars soul to any of these companies.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the ps4 and games the most profitable part of Sony some years?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@SUD123456 said:
@subspecies said:

TC just got body-slammed in his own thread.

To be fair, he is talking about launch aligned sales.For instance comparing 2017 sales between Switch and PS4 is stupid because they were at very different points in their lifecycle. Hence, why asking what did each sell in yr 1? of their existence, in yr 2? etc. is far more revealing.

Similarly, I believe his point on 2018 is that Switch ended the year very strong and growing. I suggest you compare launch aligned sales, which suggest that Switch is doing very well. Whether that will hold up for another year or two relative to PS4 is debateable, since PS4 had great sales growth in years 3-4 of its existence.

@son-goku7523 has already claimed it is a useless metric and is dismissing it. It's easy to "win" a debate when you can change the rules on the fly. Then again, that's something the Cow faction is very good at.

Power doesn't matter (PS2 vs Xbox)
Sales matter (PS2 vs Xbox)
Sales don't matter (Wii stomping the PS3 and 360)
Power doesn't matter (PS3 vs 360)
Exclusives matter (PS3 vs 360)
Then sales mattered excluding the Wii (End of Gen 7 and beginning of Gen 8)
Then power mattered (Beginning on Gen 8 until the X)
Then exclusives mattered again (When the X launched)
Now Cows like @joshrmeyer claim "service exclusives" are a thing when we had to dismiss Xbox Play anywhere...

The mental gymnastics required to be a Cow are jaw dropping to say the least

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@ten_pints said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the ps4 and games the most profitable part of Sony some years?

Apparently their 60" TV's are what make Sony mature and appealing to the masses

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#123  Edited By mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

lol what? So is winning the console race by a factor of 2 to their next competitor not enough?
He probably wants some of that smartphone game money. Hell no.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#124 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58348 Posts

I think relative to the whole of the SONY empire megacorporation, yes, Playstation is probably somewhat of a niche market.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Son-Goku7523

@goldenelementxl: It’s a useless metric because the consoles are so far apart in total sales. Why bring up launch aligned sales when there’s a 60 million+ gap between them? So let’s say the Switch was selling at 5 units more than the PS4 launch aligned would that be a useful statistic? Yea it would be selling more launch aligned but at that rate it would take thousands of years if ever to catch up to the PS4. The launch aligned metric is only worth bragging about when the consoles are close in total unit sales or the rate at which one of the console is catching up to the total is significant like in the case of the 360 and PS3.

The way you Sheep use it comes off as pure damage control. PS4 is selling strong and has been selling more units every year than the Switch. Who cares if the Switch is selling faster than the PS4 was in 2014? The pace that the PS4 sells has picked up significantly since then and Switch numbers could tank in the next year or two like the Wii did. Come back with your goal post shifting when it starts outselling the PS4 in significant numbers from year to year at a rate that it has a chance of closing the 60 million+ unit gap.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

TCHBO....by one of their corporate leaders...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@son-goku7523:

The - Switch - Passed - The - PS4 - Lifetime - Sales - In - Japan - In - Less - Than - Half - The - Time

The - Switch - Is - Sweeping - 2019

The - Switch - Has - Outpaced - The - PS4 - Sales - Launch - Aligned

How you can take those words and spin them into a win for the PS4 vs Switch is admirable. Have you considered a career in politics or political commentary? Your ability to spin information without a sense of liability or responsibility, Trumps (:p) that of Hannity or Tucker Carlson combined. You are using a flawed metric to get a “win” while ignoring any and all relevant information. Which only works for you by calling said information “irrelevant.” It’s really a sight to behold

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 FireEmblem_Man
@son-goku7523 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Too bad they're not pointless! Launch Aligned sales is fair game when the PS4 had a launch aligned sales compared to the PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii. When PS4 sales were breaking Wii records, you cows praised how Sony is making a huge comeback victory on a system that costed $400 since then. That's what @goldenelementxl is talking about.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 FireEmblem_Man

@mrbojangles25 said:

I think relative to the whole of the SONY empire megacorporation, yes, Playstation is probably somewhat of a niche market.

It's funny because it's the PlayStation brand (Games & Network Services) makes up Sony's majority revenue. If you skip to 6:40, you can see the breakdown of Sony's revenue. Tagging @goldenelementxl

Loading Video...

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Son-Goku7523

@goldenelementxl: Japan is one country out of the hundreds of countries that Switch and PS4 are sold in. If it’s not outselling the PS4 worldwide how is it supposed to catch up with the PS4? It’s 60 million+ units behind the PS4 and the gen is almost over. It may never catch up at this rate because even if the PS4 were to completely stop selling which it won’t the Switch is still too far behind. Launch aligned sales and picking only 2 or 3 countries the Switch is ahead in is damage control, pure and simple. Despite the fact that Switch sold more in Japan and US last year it still lost total worldwide sales to PS4 last year.

Japan sales account for 8.3% of PS4’s total sales to date (8 million out of 96.8 million), its one country, get over it. The Switch still needs to catch up with the PS4’s 60 million+ lead and you’re rejoicing like it has already won the race when console sales are a marathon. Stop damage controlling bro, and come back to reality like the rest of us.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

@son-goku7523: Japan is still the 3rd biggest country behind the US and China in the gaming market vs the rest of the European nation, Japan is still relevant

EDIT: Also, if you watch the video I posted, Sony still relies heavily on Japan, as the country gives them 60% of revenue generated.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2939 Posts

@goldenelementxl: Haha, nice answer. :)

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Livecommander said:

@goldenelementxl: lol if Sony wanted to target kids and women they would def be past Nintendo. Be glad we dont want the poorer yet more spoiled therefor richer part of Nintendos audience.

Sony has to much mature products that they associate themselves with to mainly have a PG image thank you.

I bet you never see a Nintendo 60 inch TV etc. Dont compare the sales of baby toys with action figures lol. Not directly at least.

Sony has higher snowflake censorship when compared to Nintendo and Microsoft.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/10/sony_underfire_in_renewed_ps4_censorship_row

Sony doesn't like "jiggle physics" while it exist with Nintendo's Switch. Sony is anti-sexy.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8477 Posts

@vfighter said:

@pc_rocks: Lol you're a dipshit, nothing you've said is coming true. Sony adding a streaming service (if you own their console) doesn't = decline. I thought you pc gamers were supposed to be smart, I always knew that not to be the case though.

Sorry, I can't understand 'niche false gibberish'.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 PC_Rocks

Loving all the denial and spin by cows. It's a common theme with all cows that they keep posting the same crap that has already been addressed over and over again in hope that will make it true. It's sad seeing a fanbase purposefully lie and try to hide the facts.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@son-goku7523 said:
@subspecies said:

I swear it seems like some people on this forum just sit around all day waiting for anything even resembling bad news for Sony.

Sony really took a huge dump on these fanboys and their preferred systems this gen. It's no surprise a lot of them wanna see Sony go down.

When you're the top dog everyone wants to see you fail.

That's hypocritical coming from you two cows, oh no people are making fun of Sony and you two are crying about it

Which just screams

And you guys are talking about lems while defending Sony like the SDF that you are

And in return you overlords have abandoned you

And are taking a dump on you

Now TCHBO and the rest of SW is laughing their arses of at you

All that is left to say is

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Son-Goku7523
@FireEmblem_Man said:

@son-goku7523: Japan is still the 3rd biggest country behind the US and China in the gaming market vs the rest of the European nation, Japan is still relevant

EDIT: Also, if you watch the video I posted, Sony still relies heavily on Japan, as the country gives them 60% of revenue generated.

Europe is the world's largest console gaming market, it's an entire continent made up of several countries and Nintendo and MS are getting their clocks cleaned there by Sony. Japan may be the third biggest country when it comes to video game sales but its sales are a drop in the bucket when it comes to worldwide sales and on top of that it's a shrinking market when it comes to console sales. Japan is becoming more and more irrelevant to Sony. I've already shown you with simple math how irrelevant Japan has become to Sony's worldwide dominance when it comes to hardware sales.

A mere 8 million consoles out of Sony's 96.8 million sold (8.3% of their total sales) are from Japan. Japan may be very important for Nintendo's numbers but it's a drop in the bucket for Sony and it's losing its relevance more and more even gen for Sony. So Switch's milestones there while impressive aren't really significant when you look at the worldwide console gaming market as a whole. Nintendo is going to have to sell a lot more than what they are selling now if they want to make up that 60 million+ deficit in this decade, and it's going to get harder and harder for them to do so as we get into the next gen and newer hardware drops along with future PS4 price cuts.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 PC_Rocks

@Jag85 said:

Context:

He's saying that console gaming is relatively niche compared to F2P games. If you look at the global video game industry, mobile games account for over half of the industry, while PC and consoles each account for about a quarter of the industry. And when you look at what are the most-played and highest-grossing games, they're mostly F2P games (mainly mobile apps and F2P PC games). So he's implying that mobile and F2P games are now the new mainstream of video games.

Fun fact:

Sony's highest-grossing game is an F2P mobile app, Fate/Grand Order. It generates more annual revenue for Sony than their AAA blockbusters, at a small fraction of the budget. In 2018, Fate/Grand Order grossed over $1.2 billion. That's more than the combined revenue of GOW and Spider-Man on the PS4.

All that makes consoles 'niche' and a declining market if not outright dying compared to PC and mobile.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Son-Goku7523

@i_p_daily: ? 96.8 million PS4s sold have you crying you eyes out. What's your flopBone X at? Has it broken 40 million yet? We can't tell because MS' had their feelings hurt and decided to hide their sales numbers.

What a meltdown. Sony is crushing you butthurt lems and they still consider consoles as niche meaning they want to expand their dominance even more lol. Next gen is going to be an even bigger bloodbath lol, keep hiding behind mobile and F2P games, it won't save you lems....

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@ronvalencia: lol I honestly forgot I wrote that. A bit of rambling I was doing at work earlier lol

The last of us 2 has two girls kissing in detail. Your not gonna see a 1st/2nd party Nintendo game do that for a while. At least not a heavily promoted one.

That's just one example. I could reference God of war and others too

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Son-Goku7523

@ronvalencia: Old news.

Loading Video...
Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@son-goku7523: Sony has abandoned you cow, First your overlords bent down on knees and kissed MS arse for streaming help and now they're telling you your console is niche, and you're still here DEFENDING them, the quacknight has been owned LOL.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 PC_Rocks

@Pedro said:

If I were Sony I would also ask for law enforcement agencies for protection. You never know with cows knowing their extremism. They would rather burn the ship down and allow it to change course, LOL.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Son-Goku7523
@i_p_daily said:

@son-goku7523: Sony has abandoned you cow, First your overlords bent down on knees and kissed MS arse for streaming help and now they're telling you your console is niche, and you're still here DEFENDING them, the quacknight has been owned LOL.

? Yea, Sony "abandoned" me that's why they are spending millions on AAA exclusives like TLOU2, Ghosts of Tsushima, and Death Stranding on top of already released GOTY caliber exclusives like GOW, HZD, UC4, Spiderman, Bloodborne, etc. If Sony has abandoned cows then what has MS done to you lems? They screwed you in the a** with flops like Sea of Thieves and Crackdown 3 and left you bleeding lol, if we are going by the same standard. 5 years of constant flops on the Xbone and not a single AAA scoring "exclusive" game outside of Flopza in all these years, and on top of that numerous cancelations LMFAO!

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 ronvalencia

@son-goku7523 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Europe is the world's largest console gaming market, it's an entire continent made up of several countries and Nintendo and MS are getting their clocks cleaned there by Sony. Japan may be the third biggest country when it comes to video game sales but its sales are a drop in the bucket when it comes to worldwide sales and n top of that it's a shrinking market when it comes to console sales. Japan is becoming more and more irrelevant to Sony. I've already shown you with smile math how irreleavnt Japan has become to Sony's worldwide dominance when it comes to hardware sales.

A mere 8 million consoles out Sony 96.8 million (8.3% of their total sales) are from Japan. Japan may be very important for Nintendo's numbers but it's a drop in the bucket for Sony and it's losing its relevance more and more even gen for Sony. So Switch's milestones there while impressive aren't really significant when you look at the worldwide console gaming market as a whole. Nintendo is going to have to sell a lot more than what they are selling now if they want to make up that 60 million+ deficit in this decade, and it's going to get harder and harder for them to do so as we get into the next gen and newer hardware drops along with future PS4 price cuts.

Japan is 4th largest gaming market since China has rivalled US gaming market.

China has nearly 400 million population size in the middle class which rivals US (~329 million) and Eurozone (~341 million).

For reference

USMCA has ~492 million.

EU has ~512 million or 447 million without UK due to Brexit.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Son-Goku7523

@ronvalencia: Cool story. Thanks for the info.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 ronvalencia

@son-goku7523 said:

Too late

https://twinfinite.net/2019/04/ps4-switch-censorship/

PlayStation’s Censorship Crackdown Has Helped Nintendo Switch Become a Fanservice Haven

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Son-Goku7523
@ronvalencia said:
@son-goku7523 said:

Too late

PlayStation’s Censorship Crackdown Has Helped Nintendo Switch Become a Fanservice Haven

If we are being honest, PC is the real fanservice haven. Nothing of value lost on PS4.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By ronvalencia

@son-goku7523 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@son-goku7523 said:

Too late

If we are being honest PC is the real fanservice haven. Nothing of value lost on PS4.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/04/devil_may_cry_5_removes_ridiculous_bum_censorship_on_ps4_but_not_in_europe

Devil May Cry 5 Removes Ridiculous Bum Censorship on PS4, But Not in Europe

---

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/05/sony_censorship_policy_removes_lewd_items_from_dead_or_alive_xtreme_3_scarlet

Sony Censorship Policy Removes Lewd Items from Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Scarlet, All included on Nintendo Switch

Both the ‘Gold Fan’ and ‘Softening Gel’ have been taken out of the PS4 release, presumably per the platform holder’s guidelines. For those of you who don’t know, the fan effectively allows you to blow the skirts of characters, with the objective being to turn them inside out so you can get a glimpse of their underwear. Meanwhile, the gel “softens” the recipient’s breasts, making them more, er, springy.

----

Windows PC gaming platform reaches X rated games and some games are powered by "Unity 3D" engine, exceeds "Fifty Shades of Grey" level.

My point, you can't stereotype Nintendo's Switch as kids game console.