Sonic the Hedgehog games are bad, and it's time to feel bad for enabling them

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Sonic hate is coming from the SJW’s. IGN being the perfect example. They have hated Sonic for years and are ultra liberal. The internet hive mind agreed with their hate despite never playing any of the Sonic games.

90’s 16-Bit Sonic is excellent. Sonic Mania is awesome.

3D Sonic sucks. Those are facts.

Lies are saying Sonic was never good even though Sonic was the best selling series on Sega Genesis And was the main reason it sold so well. I know this because I lived it.

I still have my Genesis and Sonic 1-3/K. These games still hold up today. Anyone bashing the Genesis games is ignorant.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

@stuff238 said:

Sonic hate is coming from the SJW’s. IGN being the perfect example. They have hated Sonic for years and are ultra liberal. The internet hive mind agreed with their hate despite never playing any of the Sonic games.

What does ideology has anything do with with Sonic hatred?

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 stuff238

@onesiphorus:

We are trying to figure out who the Sonic Haters are. I suggested liberals because IGN’s editors are ultra liberal and hate Sonic. That is their narrative they push. Just an idea. Nothing more.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#54 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

@onesiphorus said:
@stuff238 said:

What does ideology has anything do with with Sonic hatred?

Dude, it's a stuff238 post. Anyone who doesn't like Sony (ironic, due to the games they've released like Uncharted 4 and Horizon) or agrees with him is a Social Justice Warrior.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts

@stuff238: This post was so looney tunes, that it's proof that Sonic should be nuked from orbit so it doesn't infect anything else. Sonic may easily have one of the top five worst fandoms on the internet. Ultra liberals and SJWs hate Sonic? WTF?! Like the more I think about this when I type, the harder I laugh. Hahaha!

Sonic hate was started by George Soros and Obama! Those damn Clintons always hated Sega too, huh? Holy shit I think you just broke the internet with that post. Wahahahaha!

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#56  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts
@stuff238 said:

There are a handful of reasons behind the irrational hatred for Sonic, e.g. Sega hatred, Nintendo fanboyism, Sony fanboyism, fan/hype backlash, hatred/ignorance of arcade-style gaming, "what have you done for me lately" attitude, hipsterism, hatred of '90s culture, etc. But political ideology is definitely not one of them. There is no correlation at all with political ideology.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 stuff238

@Jag85: Well, liberals hate America. And Sonic is “Red/White(shoes) and Blue” like the flag.

Sonic also fat shames Robotnik in the cartoon and comic books. That’s a big Nono in today’s world!

Sonic also kills like a million robots and Robot Lives Matter.

Sonic is obsessed with eating Chili Dogs so much that he made his own Sonic Restaurants that serve Chili Dogs. Liberals are vegans so for sonic to eat meat is against their views.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Sonic Mania.

/thread

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@Jag85: Nailed it lol, no idea how or why liberals or any political party would hate Sonic.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: Grow up. Seriously, how old are you? I don't care about your opinions on sonic, I just think you sound like a kid. You either are one or...arrested development.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

People who think Sonic is all about speed (including contemporary Sonic Team!) don't know what made Sonic games good. The originals are actually challenging platformers with multiple paths per level that will ice you if you just hold run forward.

I agree modern Sega doesn't know what to do with the franchise. Their 3D efforts are awful, and they seem to think borderline qte running sequences are somehow what made Sonic good. And for the love of god stop making him talk and creating this crummy cast of 90s saturday morning cartoon characters.

Luckily, Sonic Mania - a fan-driven project - keeps the soul of the franchise afloat

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

To be honest, I have never understood the appeal of Sonic games. They are not really platformers as they do not focus must on great level design (because he moves so fast.) Almost feels like a one player racing game most of the time. Most levels are beyond short (do to the speed.) The enemies (if you can call them that) have zero A.I and seem like they should not even be in the games at all as they really do not do anything. (something to spin dash into I guess?). I have played Soinc games off and on since part one and the games that seem to work best are the Sonic racing games.

As for all of the people in her white knighting Sonic, remember that people can legit feel that a series is not great. Just like you can feel it is great. Not all that serious. No need to name call over it.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 BenjaminBanklin

@DocSanchez said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Grow up. Seriously, how old are you? I don't care about your opinions on sonic, I just think you sound like a kid. You either are one or...arrested development.

You're defending Sonic the freakin' Hedgehog, and *I* need to grow up?

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#64 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

I know it's not universally adored but I still think Sonic Adventure is one of the best games ever made. It was the first true adventure game I played on the first games console I ever owned and it made one hell of an impression. It also got me interested in rock music!

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 stuff238

@mojito1988: Agreed. I personally think Zelda, Half life and 3D Mario are absolute garbage games. I can’t fathom how anyone could like them. Give me a 2D sonic over Zelda ANY time.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#66  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

2D Sonic is legit good. Mania was fantastic, and the Classic Megadrive titles are amazing.

As for 3D, sure they don't come close to the quality of Mario and other 3D platformers, however, there is an undeniable charm to these games. The characters are fun, even with their cheesy dialogue. The world and Villains are always interesting. The music is some of the best in gaming, and never fails to get up pumped for what's going on. They're only ever let down by the gameplay itself, and even then sometimes games like Generations and Colors come along and surprise with something pretty good.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#67 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Listen, no one likes Sonic anymore.

Shut up.

From what I have experienced Sonic is hit and miss. Sonic Unleashed had awesome speed stages but the game was boggled down by the werehog stages, Sonic colours was all around good, Sonic generations was awesome (and still is on PC thanks to mods) same for Sonic Lost world (despite being a step back from Sonic Generations), Sonic Mania from what I have been told was a great game, and imo Sonic Forces looks good and only seems to suffer from a "being too short" issue, which can easily be mitigated by reduction in price.

Sonic games are better than people expect them to be, but people like you seems to think that we are still playing Sonic 06 or Shadow The Hedgehog. If you don't like Sonic games then by all means ignore it and go back to playing some overrated PS4 exclusive.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#68 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin:

Your opinion sucks and it's time to stop enabling it. It's not cute, it's not edgy. It's irrelevant. / thread

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@stuff238 said:

Lies are saying Sonic was never good even though Sonic was the best selling series on Sega Genesis And was the main reason it sold so well. I know this because I lived it.

I still have my Genesis and Sonic 1-3/K. These games still hold up today. Anyone bashing the Genesis games is ignorant.

Are you Sammy Classic Sonic Fan?

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: I'm not. Show me where I defended sonic "the freaking" (LOL) hedgehog? Its a game. You either like it or you don't. It doesn't need defending. I repeat, grow up kid.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 BenjaminBanklin

@Dark_sageX: Almost every game you mentioned has been universally panned, yet you're trying to rewrite history telling everyone they're wrong instead of accepting that Sega's screwed up. That's why you deserve these horrible games because you won't let Sega realize their mistakes, then they come back with something else to embarrass themselves. You people are hopeless.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 BenjaminBanklin

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@BenjaminBanklin:

Your opinion sucks and it's time to stop enabling it. It's not cute, it's not edgy. It's irrelevant. / thread

Since when is saying Sonic games are bad an edgy opinion? I am literally speaking the thoughts of the majority on this issue.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By nepu7supastar7

@BenjaminBanklin:

Obviously enough people are buying them so how could it not be good? It's like when people bitch about Call of Duty. If they suck so bad, why do so many people keep fucking buying them?! The only answer is that they're good to some extent.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

@stuff238 said:

@mojito1988: Agreed. I personally think Zelda, Half life and 3D Mario are absolute garbage games. I can’t fathom how anyone could like them. Give me a 2D sonic over Zelda ANY time.

See how easy that is? Zero reason for people to get mad about what other people think.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 BenjaminBanklin

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@BenjaminBanklin:

Obviously enough people are buying them so how could it not be good? It's like when people bitch about Call of Duty. If they suck so bad, why do so many people keep fucking buying them?! The only answer is that they're good to some extent.

Oh don't even compare Sonic to CoD. Even the worst CoD game is better and more successful than freakin' Sonic. Sega keeps making them because furry weirdos can't admit this series is bad as they get served up a new hot plate of crap every single time.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Why are some people here comparing Sonic to CoD? They couldn't be more different from each other.

Why even rag on Sonic? It's not like the industry is facing a shortage of programmers so that each game to be made has to be picked carefully.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Jag85

@mojito1988 said:

To be honest, I have never understood the appeal of Sonic games. They are not really platformers as they do not focus must on great level design (because he moves so fast.) Almost feels like a one player racing game most of the time. Most levels are beyond short (do to the speed.) The enemies (if you can call them that) have zero A.I and seem like they should not even be in the games at all as they really do not do anything. (something to spin dash into I guess?). I have played Soinc games off and on since part one and the games that seem to work best are the Sonic racing games.

As for all of the people in her white knighting Sonic, remember that people can legit feel that a series is not great. Just like you can feel it is great. Not all that serious. No need to name call over it.

Regarding the level design:

@Jag85 said:

2D Sonic is superior to 2D Mario in almost every way, for reasons I've already mentioned before:

Controls - Sonic's controls are more fluid and sophisticated than Mario.

Physics - Sonic's gameplay is more physics-driven than Mario.

Level design - Sonic levels have greater depth, and more non-linearity, than Mario levels.

Replay value - Sonic levels have greater replay value than Mario levels.

Graphics - Sonic takes the cake here.

Audio - Again, Sonic takes the cake here.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Jag85
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@BenjaminBanklin:

Oh don't even compare Sonic to CoD.

Agreed. COD is trash compared to Sonic.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#79 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

All of that in regards to whether Sonic was ever good is gaseous emissions from your anus.

Sonic was great on the Sega Genesis. It wasn't a lie because all one has to do is fire one up. These games, like the 2D Mario's are still great, challenging platformers.

Furthermore, I haven't bought a Sonic game since the genesis so I haven't enabled anything.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 BenjaminBanklin

@cainetao11: None of the Sonic games are in the same echelon as Super Mario 3 and World though. Because the gameplay in Mario involved more than "zoom around, jump on springs, avoid spikes". Sonic just never had that depth. That's why when it got translated to 3D, it was a disaster. Sonic got exposed for being the overrated games they were.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#81 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: According to whom? You? Popular opinion? Why would I take anyones assessment more seriously than my own? Do you like being a follower?

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#82 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts
@stuff238 said:

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Jag85

@BenjaminBanklin said:

@cainetao11: None of the Sonic games are in the same echelon as Super Mario 3 and World though. Because the gameplay in Mario involved more than "zoom around, jump on springs, avoid spikes". Sonic just never had that depth. That's why when it got translated to 3D, it was a disaster. Sonic got exposed for being the overrated games they were.

Wrong...

@Jag85 said:

2D Sonic is superior to 2D Mario in almost every way, for reasons I've already mentioned before:

Level design - Sonic levels have greater depth, and more non-linearity, than Mario levels.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#84 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Sonic mania sucks too.

It has a great first level but every level after it gets worse until it falls apart on the water level.

Sonic mania is trash

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

I think most 3D Sonic games are boring but, I have a blast playing all the 2D games. Sonic 1-3, & Knuckles, Advance 1-3, Rush, Rush Adventure, Colors (DS). I still have to play some of the Gamegear games but, I like some of the 3D Sonic games. Adventure, Generations, and a little of bit of Forces. Forces was fun for the first hour. After that, it started to feel like a chore lol. The 3D Sonic soundtracks really knock it out of the park though! I like them more than the 2D Sonic soundtracks.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I never was a big SEGA owner. But, I had a Game Gear and one of the bundled games was Sonic. Seeing the faithful colors and sound plus the fluidity of the game was amazing for the time. The game play was merely okay. But, that was because I was moving more and more to PC gaming. I would have said the same thing about the Mario games.

I have Sonic All Star Racing Transformed on Steam and it too seems okay.

ChrisChronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 ChrisChronos
Member since 2017 • 181 Posts

It's not that the games are terrible.. People enjoyed Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 back in the day, it's just that they haven't aged well today.. But the main issue right now is that the franchise is in the wrong hands. Current Sonic Team are frikkin hopeless when it comes to making good 3D Sonic games. Sonic Mania on the other hand proved the franchise can still be fun..

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 BluFalconUltra
Member since 2014 • 459 Posts

Sonic has been trash since the Saturn. Sonic Adventure was an overrated game that was on rails. Mario was always better and I loved Sonic on the Sega Genesis. Ratchet and Clank destroys Sonic too. Knack 2 was better than any 3D Sonic game, yes I said it so come at me.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Dark_sageX

@BenjaminBanklin said:

@Dark_sageX: Almost every game you mentioned has been universally panned.

Again, shut up. Like I said, Sonic games have their ups and downs, let me show you the user scores from Metacritic:

Sonic Generations PC 8.3

Sonic Lost World PC 6.9

Sonic Mania PC 8.3

Sonic Colours Wii 8.3

Sonic Unleashed Wii 7.2

Sonic The Hedgehog 06 X360 4.2

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Gamecube 8.4

Contrary to the garbage you spew, Not all Sonic games are universally "panned". Their games can be enjoyable, plus I have yet to see a series that can successfully replace Sonic games because no platform can offer the same speed sensation Sonic games do, So what if a few games turn out bad? plenty are decent and as long as Sonic is the only series that offer fast speed platforming they will continue to sell, people want diversity in their games and Sonic has proven to have his place in the industry, if you want Sonic to be gone then suggest an alternative, otherwise feel free to look the other direction.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By BenjaminBanklin

@Dark_sageX:

@Dark_sageX said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

@Dark_sageX: Almost every game you mentioned has been universally panned.

Again, shut up. Like I said, Sonic games have their ups and downs, let me show you the user scores from Metacritic:

Sonic Generations PC 8.3

Sonic Lost World PC 6.9

Sonic Mania PC 8.3

Sonic Colours Wii 8.3

Sonic Unleashed Wii 7.2

Sonic The Hedgehog 06 X360 4.2

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Gamecube 8.4

Contrary to the garbage you spew, Not all Sonic games are universally "panned". Their games can be enjoyable, plus I have yet to see a series that can successfully replace Sonic games because no platform can offer the same speed sensation Sonic games do, So what if a few games turn out bad? plenty are decent and as long as Sonic is the only series that offer fast speed platforming they will continue to sell, people want diversity in their games and Sonic has proven to have his place in the industry, if you want Sonic to be gone then suggest an alternative, otherwise feel free to look the other direction.

Don't even try it! Here are the actual Metacritic scores for the console releases by professional reviewers, not furry fanboys. On the platforms with the most reviews for the past three gens.

Sonic Generations X360 77

Sonic Lost World Wii U 63

Sonic Mania PS4 86

Sonic Colors Wii 78

Sonic Unleashed X360 60

Sonic The Hedgehog 06 X360 46

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Gamecube 73

Sonic Forces PS4 57

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I X360 72

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II X360 61

Shadow the Hedgehog PS2 45

Sonic Riders PS2 55

Sonic Heroes PS2 64

Sonic and the Secret Rings Wii U 69

Sonic Boom Wii U 32

All mediocre to poor. The sole exception being Sonic Mania which is a complete throwback title. What you did was dishonest and misleading and just plain shameful. No one is looking forward to Sonic games, and they still manage to set the bar low. This series is worthless in the modern age of gaming.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 nepu7supastar7

@BenjaminBanklin:

lol That's gonna be alot of people with a furry fetish! Of course it's unlikely and even I admit that I dabble in a few Sonic 3D games every now and then. I don't think know anyone who complains about its continued existence as much as you though. Have you ever stopped to wonder if maybe it's possible that people LIKE these games. That they have fun playing them?

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 BenjaminBanklin

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@BenjaminBanklin:

lol That's gonna be alot of people with a furry fetish! Of course it's unlikely and even I admit that I dabble in a few Sonic 3D games every now and then. I don't think know anyone who complains about its continued existence as much as you though. Have you ever stopped to wonder if maybe it's possible that people LIKE these games. That they have fun playing them?

You play Sonic games everyday. Why else would you be here fighting for their honor? I don't even want to know somebody in real life that plays Sonic the Hedgehog in 2017. These games make every console's library a little bit worse.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 nepu7supastar7

@BenjaminBanklin:

No. I play Hyperdimension Neptunia everyday but Sonic is a rare occasion. All I'm telling you is to stop bitching about something you don't care about. You don't have to be a fanboy to enjoy a game. Or defend a game.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: Perfect dipshit post, suits you perfect.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#95  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

@Jag85 said:

You reposting that list all the time made me wanna answer it.

Controls - I don't agree at all. The controls in Mario games are tight as hell. In Sonic you have very little control when you're going really fast, and when it comes to platforming it feels slow and clunky.

Physics - Umm.. OK, maybe. Don't give a shit if the game isn't fun though and physics isn't really something I'd use in this argument.

Level design - Totally disagree. I find the level design cluttered and annoying in Sonic. In Mario you remember basically all stages you play. Amazing level design, I'd say. Even the first stage of Super Mario Bros. NES is fucking great.

Replay value - That might be, but that's because it takes longer to find shit in Sonic since it's so cluttered and clunky to get to places.

Graphics - I prefer Mario's graphics. Sonic games look great though, but too cluttered for my tastes.

Audio - I prefer Mario in audio. Sonic sounds great too, though.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Dark_sageX

@BenjaminBanklin said:

@Dark_sageX:

professional reviewers

Don't care about "professional reviewers" (what a joke of a title btw) looking at single scores alone doesn't give a realistic assessment of the items. The best way to assess a game (or any item for that matter) is by looking at users AND journalist reviews, that way you get a more realistic assessment of the games. You are basically narrowing down opinions (yes OPINIONS) to a single entity, you can't pull off that garbage if you want to claim that Sonic games are "universally panned", a LOT of people would have to agree that the games are bad, not just a handful of hipsters sitting in some fancy studio.

Look its clear that you are narrow minded when it comes to Sonic, You don't want to face the FACT that a lot of people liked some of those games, even going as far as devaluing them as "fury fanboys" in an attempt to remove credit in your favor, you're the one in denial here, not me.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 BenjaminBanklin

@Dark_sageX said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

@Dark_sageX:

professional reviewers

Don't care about "professional reviewers" (what a joke of a title btw) looking at single scores alone doesn't give a realistic assessment of the items. The best way to assess a game (or any item for that matter) is by looking at users AND journalist reviews, that way you get a more realistic assessment of the games. You are basically narrowing down opinions (yes OPINIONS) to a single entity, you can't pull off that garbage if you want to claim that Sonic games are "universally panned", a LOT of people would have to agree that the games are bad, not just a handful of hipsters sitting in some fancy studio.

Look its clear that you are narrow minded when it comes to Sonic, You don't want to face the FACT that a lot of people liked some of those games, even going as far as devaluing them as "fury fanboys" in an attempt to remove credit in your favor, you're the one in denial here, not me.

The point is, a fandom as crazy as the Sonic one can't look at anything objectionably. That why user scores for any Sonic game should be soundly ignored. And it's not narrowing opinions to a single entity, Metacritic covers a multitude of opinion, which in this case, are largely negative for the Sonic games in general. This is a miserable game series. It doesn't serve a purpose. It only embarrasses the fandom and makes Sega look worse for creating them.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Dark_sageX

@BenjaminBanklin said:

a fandom as crazy as the Sonic one can't look at anything objectionably.

There you go again, de-valuing the users by labeling them as some crazy fans. You just HAVE to assume that anybody who plays Sonic games are some crazy basement fury don't you? because otherwise your hate seems unjustified.

But whatever, I'm done, I'm more than certain that I made valid points and you're just going to say anything to try to win an argument. So I'll summarize once again.

Sonic games have had their ups and downs, some games were good, some were down right terrible, and to say that SEGA hasn't made any good Sonic games for decades is just blind hatewagon talk with 0 substance.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 BenjaminBanklin

@Dark_sageX: Whatever you say, guy with the SWAT Kats AV... totally not a furry, gotcha.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#100  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

I never got the Sonic hype. I played the early ones at friends' houses that had Genesises and I must admit I had a bit fun, but Sonic was no Mario in the fun dept to my 10-12 year old brain.

I never played any of them past the Genesis ones, so I can't judge.