So who won Gamescom?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

Poll So who won Gamescom? (280 votes)

Microsoft 51%
Sony 48%

In your opinion, who had the better showing at Gamescom, and why? Who do you think made a better, more compelling case for their systems?

• 
Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#151  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Sony by a wide margin for me.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

Wait, so people are actually voting for MS here?

I don't get it what the hell games are they hyping for MS here, did I miss something? People are talking about Sony was all indies and we want big AAA games then following up by saying "MS won" so what are these big AAA games?

There was Quantum Break (which looked great BTW but no release date) and timed exclusive Tomb Raider in 2015, what else? Or is Quantum Break the biggest real exclusive from MS that people are hyping other than the timed exclusivity of TR in 2015?

Some of you guys are saying MS and not close, so please whip out that AAA list of games MS had because there seems to be something I am missing here.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

I don't get it what the hell games are they hyping for MS here, did I miss something? People are talking about Sony was all indies and we want big AAA games then following up by saying "MS won" so what are these big AAA games?

There was Quantum Break (which looked great BTW but no release date) and timed exclusive Tomb Raider in 2015, what else? Or is Quantum Break the biggest real exclusive from MS that people are hyping other than the timed exclusivity of TR in 2015?

Some of you guys are saying MS and not close, so please whip out that AAA list of games MS had because there seems to be something I am missing here.

I don't "get it " either .... but Xbawx guys are going to vote Xbawx obviously , Sheep might not like all the attention the gen 8 leader PS4 is getting , Hermits might be upset that some of their former "exclusives" are coming to PS4 and voting Xbawx out of spite , and there are some really strange people here that have PS4's and like Sony .... but just like to troll PS fans for shits and giggles .... you know the type.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

I think gamescom confirmed that the Vita is dead.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#155 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

Sony won for me, the variety in games was refreshing. I may not know who many of the devs are, or remember many of the games names. But I know i'll be interested in playing them once they are out.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Nike_Air said:

@kinectthedots said:

I don't "get it " either .... but Xbawx guys are going to vote Xbawx obviously , Sheep might not like all the attention the gen 8 leader PS4 is getting , Hermits might be upset that some of their former "exclusives" are coming to PS4 and voting Xbawx out of spite , and there are some really strange people here that have PS4's and like Sony .... but just like to troll PS fans for shits and giggles .... you know the type.

perhaps people just didn't like the games presented by sony

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#157 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Who rocked the house?

Microsoft rocked the house!

I said who rocked the house?

Microsoft rocked the house!

WHO ROCKED THE FUCKIN HOUSE?

That's right.

Great show from my brothers. My blood is a little greener today.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
Member since 2012 • 546 Posts

​The First Real Look at Quantum Break

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By kinectthedots

@Nike_Air said:

@kinectthedots said:

Seems that what it is.

it's so comical it's sad. I remember when lems were all the rage about MS having MORE GAMEZ. And Sony just dropped an apocalypses of games on there asses and all they can reply with is, but Tomb Raider11!!@

Lems what happened to that BILLION dollar for games MS was supposed to have invested in exclusives with? Did they give that money to Sony or something? Or was that just another bait and switch like kinect, 300,000 dedicated servers and teh cloud?

The fact that lems are suddenly acting like Tomb Raider is the greatest announcement ever should tell you just how bad the the MS line up actually is right now...this and it's not even exclusive.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 lostrib

@kinectthedots said:

@Nike_Air said:

@kinectthedots said:

Seems that what it is.

it's so comical it's funny. I remember when lems were all the rage about MS having MORE GAMEZ. And Sony just dropped an apocalypses of games on there asses and all they can reply with is, but Tomb Raider11!!@

Lems what happened to that BILLION dollar for games MS was supposed to have invested in exclusives with? Did they give that money to Sony or something? Or was that just another bait and switch like kinect, 300,000 dedicated servers and teh cloud?

The fact that lems are suddenly acting like Tomb Raider is the greatest announcement ever should tell you just how bad the the MS line up actually is right now...this and it's not even exclusive.

I'm sorry, where are all these amazing sony exclusives?

or are we still playing the waiting game?

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#161 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

I voted microsoft. I didn't see any of the conferences and barely any of the announcements, but the bitch fit that people threw on the internet over the announcement of Tomb Raider going to be a 2015 Holiday exclusive gives MS first place in my eyes.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#162 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

2015 is the winner.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By kinectthedots

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

Seems that what it is.

it's so comical it's funny. I remember when lems were all the rage about MS having MORE GAMEZ. And Sony just dropped an apocalypses of games on there asses and all they can reply with is, but Tomb Raider11!!@

You sound butthurt right now? Why? People have been posting the sony games all throughout this thread. I know you are desperate but this is where your BS ends you really got no argument here and your impartial troll act isn't going to work.

And since you are jumping up to try to question Sony in defense mode for MS why don't you also list those AAA xbox one games since you are one of the guys who seem to think MS had a better showing.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Nike_Air said:

@kinectthedots said:

Seems that what it is.

By golly DONT be sorry, SONY is leading the way thus far and the most announcement at GC for TRUE exclusives and by gosh that's all that matters. True gaming bliss, made possible by SONY and gen 8 leader PS4. It's no wonder i haven't touched PC gaming since last November.

laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

Games that piqued my interest:

from Sony: Bloodborne, WiLD, Rime, Tearaway Unfolded
from Microsoft: Quantum Break

I vote Sony.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 lostrib

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

Seems that what it is.

You sound butthurt right now? Why? People have been posting the sony games all throughout this thread. I know you are desperate but this is where your BS ends you really got no argument here and your impartial troll act isn't going to work.

And since you are jumping up to try to question Sony in defense mode for MS why don't you also list those AAA xbox one games since you are one of the guys who seem to think MS had a better showing.

I am? Did I say that?

I mean really, what are you losing your shit over? I didn't see anything that amazing on either side, and the only real "megaton" to come out of this whole thing was that MS had bought TR as "Xbox Exclusive"

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#167 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Microsoft . I don't know how someone can vote for Sony after Tomb Raider and Quantum Break .

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Heil68

@laus_basic said:

I vote Sony.

I concur. SONY brought the THUNDER and LIGHTING.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

Sony without a doubt

• Bloodourne
  • Hellblade
  • Tearaway Unfolded
  • Wild
  • Infamous First Light
  • Rime
  • The Order

MS got rekt

• Sunset Overdrive
  • MCC
  • Horizon 2
  • Smite
  • Tomb Raider
  • Fable Legends
  • Halo 5
  • Below
  • Inside
  • Scream Ride
  • Quantum Break
  • Super Hot
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@laus_basic said:

I vote Sony.

Games that peaked my interest:

From Sony: Bloodborne, Tearaway Unfolded, No Man Sky, Rime, Helldivers

From Microsoft: Quantum Break, Smite, Tomb Raider, Horizon 2, Ori and the Blind Forest, Scream Ride. MCC: Halo 5 beta.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#171  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Sony because of Bloodborne, Rime, and Tearaway Unfolded.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

In terms of which showed more of the games I like, probably MS.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#174 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Microsoft . I don't know how someone can vote for Sony after Tomb Raider and Quantum Break .

Maybe people that are tired of corridor shooters?

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

@Sollet: But those are only bad when Sony makes them.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Sollet

@nervmeister said:

@Sollet: But those are only bad when Sony makes them.

Yeah good thing there weren't many announced in Gamescom by Sony then, eh?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Blabadon said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

I bet TB comes to PC but not PS4.

Just keeps showing PC + WiiU is all i need fo this gen. However, MS showed competition is great for the consumer.

HAHAHAHAHA! You fool.

Moneyhatting is good now?! GTFO

What the **** do you think Sony's been doing

Bloodborne, even if Sony Japan is involved, could have easily been developed as a next gen multiplat, since, you know, DaS on the 3 platforms was what made them so popular.

Bloodborne has been in development for quite some time since it's due out in February. Surely Dark Souls 3 is in development as well.

No way to prove that Bloodborne would have existed without Sony.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Until Dawn, Wild and Hellblade looked pretty interesting, assuming that Hellblade does have something to do with Heavenly Sword. But all in all MS conference felt a little bit more interesting to watch. Not because of any special games they showed but because it seemed to be less talking about boring stuff.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@santoron said:
No, the announcement isn't "XBox exclusive", it's "Exclusive on XBox for holiday 2015". You don't have to qualify your statement when it's an actual exclusive, and they did.

Meh, shady wording. How would you put it if you wanted to say that it's an XBox exclusive AND that it will be released holiday 2015? Could mean anything in my book. I hope it will be a true exclusive anyway to see the peasants who don't own all system wriggle.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#180 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts
  • Best exclusive Bloodborne.
  • Best multiplat MGSV, best on PS4.
  • Best Graphics The Order 1886.

Sony wins.

Avatar image for quakeknight1991
quakeknight1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By quakeknight1991
Member since 2006 • 1528 Posts

@RogueStatus28 said:

Sooo, a shitty generic movie-like cover based third person shooter that has been done a billion times in the previous console gen is the best thing microsoft had to offer in gamescom?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Only at CowSpot would this poll even be close. Sheeeesh.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#183 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

@quakeknight1991 said:

@RogueStatus28 said:

Sooo, a shitty generic movie-like cover based third person shooter that has been done a billion times in the previous console gen is the best thing microsoft had to offer in gamescom?

I thought you were talking about The Order 1886 until you said "microsoft" lol

MS won hands down. Just look at the immediate uproar when Rise of the Tomb Raider was announced exclusive to xbox by cows everywhere

quakeknight1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 quakeknight1991

@YD_11 said:

@quakeknight1991 said:

@RogueStatus28 said:

I thought you were talking about The Order 1886 until you said "microsoft" lol

MS won hands down. Just look at the immediate uproar when Rise of the Tomb Raider was announced exclusive to xbox by cows everywhere

The thing is that Sony has more to offer then games like The Order 1886. They showed BloodBorne and Rime. I think those games are far from being crappy movie-like cover based third person shooter. And yes Quantum Break and the new Tomb Raider game are generic movie-like games.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#185 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

@quakeknight1991:

Bloodborne is looking less and less appealing to me the more i see of it. And it's formula has been done how many times before yet third person shooters are generic. To each their own but i'd take MS' lineup over Sony's.

quakeknight1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 quakeknight1991

@YD_11 said:

@quakeknight1991:

Bloodborne is looking less and less appealing to me the more i see of it. And it's formula has been done how many times before yet third person shooters are generic. To each their own but i'd take MS' lineup over Sony's.

Of course its been done before but the thing is that the previous generation was defined by its oversaturation of shooters. Thats exactly why BloodBorne´s formula despite being used before, it still doesn´t feel as generic as the movie-like cover based third person shooter formula.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Just as I expected...Cows voting for Sony and Lems screaming MS while the few non fanboys saying hard to decide.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Sollet

@YD_11 said:

@quakeknight1991:

That formula has been used in 3 games... Now compare it with the TPS genre... Yeah your point invalid all of a sudden.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@StormyJoe: Looking at MS past history I'm gonna say it's about a 90% chance it's timed. Especially since MS isn't publishing it.

Expect a PS4 version about a year later.

Yep. Probably PS3 game as well (as this game is a cross-gen 360/Xbone game now), as CD has the engine up and running for PS3/PS4/PC. PC version incoming too in 2016 as well.

Of course, at that time in 2016 we'll hear sloppy seconds and port begging jokes instead of admittance he was wrong today. I don't trust PR and I've learned this decades ago, bummer I keep seeing the same types of posts every generation. Look at history, many answers are right there.

I'll post Head of Xbox, Phil Spencer's quote one more time:

“We’re saying what we said on stage,” said Spencer. “In Holiday 2015, Rise of the Tomb Raider will be exclusive to Xbox. That’s the comment."

---

Tomb Raider is exclusive to Xbox 360 and Xbone in 2015. What about 2016 and beyond, Phil? What will 3rd Party company SquareEnix do with their popular TR IP after 2015 Phil? It's so hard to figure out, lol.

Wow. You two are really reaching here. I heard the same stuff about TitanFall.

Face it - it's not on PS4. Suck it up and deal.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@santoron said:
@StormyJoe said:

He has no idea. The only announcement made is "Xbox exclusive". He's hoping it's timed exclusive; which by Sony fan logic, that means it is timed exclusive.

I am sure Sony fans b*tched to high heaven when Sony went out and bought a bunch of studios (Naughty Dog) and games (Demon's Souls).

No, the announcement isn't "XBox exclusive", it's "Exclusive on XBox for holiday 2015". You don't have to qualify your statement when it's an actual exclusive, and they did.

And if you cannot see the difference between buying studios to fund development of new games and paying to artificially keep others from playing a game for a few weeks, then you're hopeless.

Stupid fanboy logic:

• I don't want Tomb Raider to be exclusive
  • Wait, even though it says exclusive; if you really reach, you can say it's not exclusive forever
  • Oh, then Tomb Raider is not exclusive.

Then, stupid fanboy logs on to his computer, goes to SW, and proudly proclaims "Tomb Raider is timed exclusive!!!"

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 shadiezz2012
Member since 2012 • 2474 Posts
@KillzoneSnake said:
  • Best exclusive Bloodborne.
  • Best multiplat MGSV, best on PS4.
  • Best Graphics The Order 1886.

Sony wins.

this

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

I honestly think it was a draw. TR being a timed exclusive, Forza Horizon 2, Quantum Break, and Sunset Overdrive all had good showings and the new features for the OS, couple with the outrageous amount of content in Halo:MMC was met by Bloodborne looks fantastic, Drive Club looks amazing, my radar is back up for The Order:1886. I think it was a draw, and a good showing by both. Sony has shown me something ye that will make me buy a PS4, but the Order is getting me closer. I just don't care about Destiny at all. Can't wait to play Forza Horizon 2!!

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

Sony.

They announced too many games. With such variety. Oh, and the SH reveal, multiplat or not, was glorious.

Thats a real megaton. Not a timed exclusive deal. =/

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Sollet

I think MS just lost a lot of points, thanks to TR2 being timed exclusive and not a real exclusive title.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Heil68

@Sollet said:

I think MS just lost a lot of points, thanks to TR2 being timed exclusive and not a real exclusive title.

It was NEVER exclusive to begin with coming to 360 as well.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Sollet

@Heil68 said:

@Sollet said:

You know very well what I meant by that, Lemmings claiming ownage for it being XBOX exclusive and gloating that no one else would be able to play it unless owning a xbox console.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Heil68

@Sollet said:

@Heil68 said:

@Sollet said:

You know very well what I meant by that, Lemmings claiming ownage for it being XBOX exclusive and gloating that no one else would be able to play it unless owning a xbox console.

In the sticky on front page it CLEARLY says there are no such things as Console exclusive(lol).

1. There is no such thing as "console exclusive" or "company exclusive." Console exclusive is a term coined by lemmings that used the Xbox 360/PC games as a means against the PS3. PC and Xbox brands are not "Microsoft Exclusive" as the PC is an open market in which even Sony (Playstation owner) distributes PCs. Furthermore, just because a game is Xbox One and Xbox 360, or PS3, PS4 and PSVita does not mean they are "exclusive." They are considered multiplatform games
Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Sollet

@Heil68 said:

@Sollet said:

@Heil68 said:

@Sollet said:

In the sticky on front page it CLEARLY says there are no such things as Console exclusive(lol).

1. There is no such thing as "console exclusive" or "company exclusive." Console exclusive is a term coined by lemmings that used the Xbox 360/PC games as a means against the PS3. PC and Xbox brands are not "Microsoft Exclusive" as the PC is an open market in which even Sony (Playstation owner) distributes PCs. Furthermore, just because a game is Xbox One and Xbox 360, or PS3, PS4 and PSVita does not mean they are "exclusive." They are considered multiplatform games

lol, yeah I know it's a retarded thing "console exclusive", but that doesn't stop fanboys from using it.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Heil68

@Sollet said:

@Heil68 said:

@Sollet said:

@Heil68 said:

@Sollet said:

lol, yeah I know it's a retarded thing "console exclusive", but that doesn't stop fanboys from using it.

Right and it's up to REAL gamers to give REAL talk to these lems.