So who won Gamescom?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

Poll So who won Gamescom? (280 votes)

Microsoft 51%
Sony 48%

In your opinion, who had the better showing at Gamescom, and why? Who do you think made a better, more compelling case for their systems?

• 
MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#201 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@lostrib said:

Indie developers

+1 :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#202  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Sony, by far. I just don't care for Microsoft's offerings until Scalebound.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#203 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Sony they showed 10 times more variety in there games, and half of microsoft show (if not more) was full of third party games, I mean Fifa even showed up lol.

I counted alot more third party games at MS than Sony's, and now that it turns out Tomb Raider is only a Timed exclusive, MS lose another point from me, getting sick of MS and there timed exclusive i mean seriously someone tell me a good enough reason to invest in a Xbox1, because all i see is, exclusive's one after the other going to PC or other platforms. I'm trying hard not to be a fanboy and probably will get bashed, but I want a reason to buy all consoles, I want the exclusives, but I'm getting nothing, I mean Quantum Break looks awesome, but again, it is no way near coming out, if it was, then they'd of at least gave a year, Alan Wake took about 10years. so fustrating.

But yes Sony wins hands down for just variety in it's games instead of all guns blazing, i mean Wild looks so interesting, and Rime looks great, I do have to admit I think both didn't show enough to get me excited, not enough AAA games but still early yet, but honestly Sony is out doing themselves on variety, such a nice fresh change of pace, with the games they showed.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

For me Sony had a better show...

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

This can't be gamespot. The poll!!!!

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@TigerSuperman said:

This can't be gamespot. The poll!!!!

It's like a lot of people changed their minds!

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@StormyJoe: Silly lemming hasn't learned his lesson after all these years. Ninja Gaiden was a great Xbox exclusive. Untill they released the whole series on PS3. Mass Effect was a huge Xbox exclusive. How long did that last? All they have to do to get out of the exclusive agreement with MS is add something to the title. I remember reading about this year's ago. So although Rise of the tomb raider is exclusive to Xbox. Rise of the tomb raider Ultra edition won't be.

I'm not sure how anyone doesn't know this at this point.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5558 Posts

Konami

SteXmaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#209  Edited By SteXmaN
Member since 2012 • 550 Posts

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#210 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@StormyJoe: Silly lemming hasn't learned his lesson after all these years. Ninja Gaiden was a great Xbox exclusive. Untill they released the whole series on PS3. Mass Effect was a huge Xbox exclusive. How long did that last? All they have to do to get out of the exclusive agreement with MS is add something to the title. I remember reading about this year's ago. So although Rise of the tomb raider is exclusive to Xbox. Rise of the tomb raider Ultra edition won't be.

The fact is, you do not know what is going to happen. But, instead of stating what you think will happen as a theory, you state it as fact. Much like people like you did with TitanFall.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#211 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6098 Posts

I did not see Sony's conference,was I missing much???Anyway,I saw Microsoft's conference and I thought it was great.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#212 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

I'd say Microsoft. More games that would appeal to the masses. But that said, BloodBorne and Rime look better than any Xbox game for me.

what games...you got nothing new announced ..tomb raider was known, all they did was play a shady trick on idiot fools who don't know any better. Same idiots who think call of duty is an xbox ip...

Sony showed new game after new game...messed up that this site's poll is saying ms won for 1 game, while on more reputable sites like neogaf, everyone there sees ms for what they are and noticed the influx of game announcements on the ps4 side, which this site didn't even care to mention.... wtf!!

Oh and that TR thing last night was confirmed by Phil I am a Asshole Spencer to be timed, in a Eurogamer interview:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=873749

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

If Sony actually showed something to sell that would appeal to people that doesn't own a PS4 yet, they would have won. I mean MS showed all sorts of bundles including One with 1TB HDD. Wish Sony had different bundles announced beside Destiny bundle. Would have been sweet if there was a PS4 bundle with customized console and 1TB HDD. But instead they pushed Playstation TV and PSN rentals more. I guess when you sell 10 mil, you kinda stop trying and sell other things.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

But I don't think you understands MS strategy and why devs love it. Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Ninja Gaiden all appeared first on Xbox. MS doesn't force a dev to sell the IP to them, hence if there's a sequel down the line it can go multiplat. MS gets the luxury of being first and building its base in a franchise, the dev gets upfront cash and owns its IP, and eventually the game goes multiplat. This has been MS's strategy for years. MS doesn't care if six months to a year later the game is on other platforms.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

Stupid fanboy logic:

• I don't want Tomb Raider to be exclusive
  • Wait, even though it says exclusive; if you really reach, you can say it's not exclusive forever
  • Oh, then Tomb Raider is not exclusive.

Then, stupid fanboy logs on to his computer, goes to SW, and proudly proclaims "Tomb Raider is timed exclusive!!!"

lmao. That blew up in your face, again. You must love being wrong.

sibu_xgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#216  Edited By sibu_xgamer
Member since 2014 • 340 Posts

@santoron said:

@StormyJoe said:

Stupid fanboy logic:

• Wait, even though it says exclusive; if you really reach, you can say it's not exclusive forever

Then, stupid fanboy logs on to his computer, goes to SW, and proudly proclaims "Tomb Raider is timed exclusive!!!"

Lemmings in general are always wrong. That's why they bought the xbone.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

Ya, now that we know TR isn't actually exclusive....

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@Chutebox said:

MS still had the more interesting line-up from a PC gamers perspective. Very slightly but still enough.

Though having said that, they both announced some great games so everyone wins. Except EA, everything they showed was pure shit.

yhailey52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 yhailey52
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Microsoft seems to have won this year's gamescom. So many reveal!

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 TigerSuperman

The fanboys are rampant as usual on gamespot, but the POLL!!! Impossible!!!!

Loooks like other Internet polls (not all) are saying the same thing. Hmm, MS could use this momentum.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@Chutebox said:

Agreed. I Voted MS because of TR, and argued it was pretty much a tie otherwise.

But now that TR has blown up in MS's face all over the web, I'm thinking I'd rather be Sony about now.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Definately not Gamers.... They Never Win.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@Nike_Air said:

@kinectthedots said:

Wait, so people are actually voting for MS here?

I don't get it what the hell games are they hyping for MS here, did I miss something? People are talking about Sony was all indies and we want big AAA games then following up by saying "MS won" so what are these big AAA games?

There was Quantum Break (which looked great BTW but no release date) and timed exclusive Tomb Raider in 2015, what else? Or is Quantum Break the biggest real exclusive from MS that people are hyping other than the timed exclusivity of TR in 2015?

Some of you guys are saying MS and not close, so please whip out that AAA list of games MS had because there seems to be something I am missing here.

I don't "get it " either .... but Xbawx guys are going to vote Xbawx obviously , Sheep might not like all the attention the gen 8 leader PS4 is getting , Hermits might be upset that some of their former "exclusives" are coming to PS4 and voting Xbawx out of spite , and there are some really strange people here that have PS4's and like Sony .... but just like to troll PS fans for shits and giggles .... you know the type.

Seems that what it is.

it's so comical it's sad. I remember when lems were all the rage about MS having MORE GAMEZ. And Sony just dropped an apocalypses of games on there asses and all they can reply with is, but Tomb Raider11!!@

Lems what happened to that BILLION dollar for games MS was supposed to have invested in exclusives with? Did they give that money to Sony or something? Or was that just another bait and switch like kinect, 300,000 dedicated servers and teh cloud?

The fact that lems are suddenly acting like Tomb Raider is the greatest announcement ever should tell you just how bad the the MS line up actually is right now...this and it's not even exclusive.

well MS said they invested a billion in games for 15 exclusive games with 8 being new IPs. From that we've seen KI ryse, DR3, FM5, Titanfall, KSR released with fable legends, Halo MCC, Halo 5, FH2, SO, QB , and Scaleound. They are pretty close to that 15 already. On the flip side, after MS said that, Sony said they had 20 1st party exclsuives coming to the PS4 in the 1st year with 12 being new IPs which led to this thread click me. And so far we've seen KZ, knack, MLB, Infamous with LBP3 and DC coming. So 6 actually made the first year? I've mentioned this before and cows either ignore it or defend it, So i expect you to either not replay or rage, but it did disappoint me as a PS4 owner since I expected more because Sony told me i was getting more.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Chutebox

@TigerSuperman said:

Loooks like other Internet polls (not all) are saying the same thing. Hmm, MS could use this momentum.

Laughing if you think there is any momentum.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Nothing really notable to me, Quantum Break does look really good and I was waiting for the new Bloodborne trailer. Other than that, nothing screamed out to me.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Chutebox

@Snugenz said:

@Chutebox said:

MS still had the more interesting line-up from a PC gamers perspective. Very slightly but still enough.

Though having said that, they both announced some great games so everyone wins. Except EA, everything they showed was pure shit.

Ya, I just said that because I'm sure for some TR put MS conference over Sony's. I liked both though, good stuff.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 TigerSuperman

@Chutebox said:

@TigerSuperman said:

Laughing if you think there is any momentum.

There isn't momentum?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

They both sucked. TR now being solidified as timed just further confirms that.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

This won

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#230 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

From Software for trying to broaden their audience.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@SolidTy: So timed exclusivity again? I really wish MS would just spend that money on new games.

He has no idea. The only announcement made is "Xbox exclusive". He's hoping it's timed exclusive; which by Sony fan logic, that means it is timed exclusive.

I am sure Sony fans b*tched to high heaven when Sony went out and bought a bunch of studios (Naughty Dog) and games (Demon's Souls).

You were wrong...again. I had an idea it turns out and that idea was correct.

Not only did I have an idea, I was proven right in 24 hours time. That's pretty rad since I didn't have to wait a year to remind you. I wasn't hoping for any ports or whatever because I'm not a TR fan and if I was I would be buying this game on my 360 or my Xbone. If the game gets outstanding scores, I'll check it out Xmas 2015. It's a shame that the new TR is still a last gen game though. Batman has me far more excited (New gen only). This has nothing to do with Sony, Xbox, or PC, it has to do with you being wrong and now you may feel free to eat crow.

Face it, you were wrong when you said I had no idea. Here's a link to today's news on the timed exclusivity of TR:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-13-microsoft-confirms-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-xbox-exclusivity-deal-has-a-duration?

Spencer's comments confirm Square Enix, owner of Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics, is free to do whatever it wants with the game and the franchise after the exclusivity deal ends, including releasing it on other platforms.

SPENCER: "Yes, the deal has a duration. I didn't buy it. I don't own the franchise."

Spencer's comments confirm Square Enix, owner of Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics, is free to do whatever it wants with the game and the franchise after the exclusivity deal ends, including releasing it on other platforms.

AKA TIMED EXCLUSIVE as I said yesterday and you piped up with incorrect proclamations to defend your precious Xbox brand. If you let go of the Xbox long enough, you would have seen what I saw when I tried to nicely explain what all the PR Jargon meant. I literally don't care about TR, I got the last game for free and it could barely keep my interest. I never much liked TR back when it was world famous on PS1, and I hated it during the PS2 era. I think this last game was the best one, but that's not saying much. I own a 360 and an Xbone, if I wanted or cared, I would buy this game.

The only thing I cared to do was illuminate the situation but you had your X-goggles on and you couldn't see through the PR like I could. I can do this all day. In another thread I was asked if Silent Hills is an exclusive to PS4 and I answered no and listed reasons as well in that thread, again probably depressing PS4 fanboys. It nothing to do with PS, Xbox, Nintendo, PC...it's just my take on what the PR means. It's very simple. Who owns the IP? SE. What was said? Holiday 2015. This isn't hard to Breakdown, unless you want to be difficult about it.

Thank you for your time and I thank Phil Spencer for his interviewing prowess.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#232 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Sollet said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Microsoft . I don't know how someone can vote for Sony after Tomb Raider and Quantum Break .

Maybe people that are tired of corridor shooters?

You mean like The Order 1886 or Bloodborne? Both linear corridor shooters or hack and slash. I guess it's ok when Sony hype these type of games.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

"BU..BU..BU.....THIS IS COWSPOT, POLLS ARE ALWAYS RIGGEDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

LOL

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@blackace said:

@Sollet said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Microsoft . I don't know how someone can vote for Sony after Tomb Raider and Quantum Break .

You mean like The Order 1886 or Bloodborne? Both linear corridor shooters or hack and slash. I guess it's ok when Sony hype these type of games.

You really should take MS's dick out of your mouth before you answer a question.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 SolidTy

@santoron said:

@StormyJoe said:

Stupid fanboy logic:

Yeah...good lord. lol.

@StormyJoe said:

@AM-Gamer said:

The fact is, you do not know what is going to happen. But, instead of stating what you think will happen as a theory, you state it as fact. Much like people like you did with TitanFall.

lol. TR is a timed exclusive. You believed the PR again and defended it! These companies can make a mockery of you if you let them. Stop allowing Xbox to do this to you.

Within 24 hours I was proven correct.

SPENCER CONFIRMS IT'S A TIMED EXCLUSIVE: "Yes, the deal has a duration. I didn't buy it. I don't own the franchise."

What what?!!! God Bless Phil Spencer and God Bless This Merry Home!

Now that this TR issue is settled, I'm more sad that this 2015 game is going to be held back by last gen assets. For those that don't know, this 2015 game is coming to 360.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@blackace said:

@Sollet said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

You really should take MS's dick out of your mouth before you answer a question.

You need to take Sony's dick out of your @SS. At least I own a PS4, PS3, PSVita and PSP. What Xbox hardware do you own? lol!! You had no real rebuttal because you know I'm right.

****************************************************************************************************

@Heil68 said:

@Sollet said:

I think MS just lost a lot of points, thanks to TR2 being timed exclusive and not a real exclusive title.

It was NEVER exclusive to begin with coming to 360 as well.

That's what I was trying to tell people, but no one would listen. The was never exclusive to begin with. We know it's coming out on the PC as that's where it started from. Only M$ knows how long the timed exclusive is. I'm thinking 8-12 months overall. Whatever. Still getting it for the XB1. I got the first game on XBox 360.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#237 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

@Sollet said:

@YD_11 said:

@quakeknight1991:

Bloodborne is looking less and less appealing to me the more i see of it. And it's formula has been done how many times before yet third person shooters are generic. To each their own but i'd take MS' lineup over Sony's.

That formula has been used in 3 games... Now compare it with the TPS genre... Yeah your point invalid all of a sudden.

Oh, so action role playing games have only been done 3 times.. got it...

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#238 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

both were ok

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Neither won. Gamers lost.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#240  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@blackace said:

Wow , some of you take this whole platform wars thing , way too seriously .

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#241  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@blackace said:

Wow , some of you take this whole system wars thing , way too seriously . Instead of giving him valid answer , you are just insulting him . Bravo .

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@YD_11 said:

@Sollet said:

@YD_11 said:

@quakeknight1991:

Bloodborne is looking less and less appealing to me the more i see of it. And it's formula has been done how many times before yet third person shooters are generic. To each their own but i'd take MS' lineup over Sony's.

That formula has been used in 3 games... Now compare it with the TPS genre... Yeah your point invalid all of a sudden.

Oh, so action role playing games have only been done 3 times.. got it...

So you are saying Souls series are "just another arpg"? OK!

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#243  Edited By AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

Tomb Raider, is not an XboxOne exclusive, end of discussion. It'll launch first on the Xbox one, same old trick YET AGAIN, to deceive the average consumer, cheap, trashy tactics from microsoft.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Tomb Raider, Xbox One exclusive won.

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

Sony dominated, neogaf and the rest of the internet seem to agree

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By SolidTy

@AgentA-Mi6 said:

Tomb Raider, is not an XboxOne exclusive, end of discussion. It'll launch first on the Xbox one, same old trick YET AGAIN, to deceive the average consumer, cheap, trashy tactics from microsoft.

Don't forget, TR is also on 360! Yay for last gen assets on 2015 holiday games! :)

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#247 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Microsoft by a mile

Elaisse2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Elaisse2
Member since 2013 • 43 Posts

PC won, konami gave me another year to avoid consoles.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Gap getting wider, MS marketers have obviously arrived.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

This thread was made the day after gamescom started...don't you think it is a good idea to wait for it to finish before you ask who won?