So what are the best PC exclusives? (Serious question)

• 182 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

@napo_sp said:

well you can cry over your Grand Turismo and Forza because the best racing sim is a PC exclusive

Loading Video...

and then cry over some more drive club, need for speed etc because the best arcade racing is also a PC exclusive

Loading Video...

then there is this awesome realistic RPG that we PC users can play the alpha first months before console users will get it, and before I forget PC users will get modding capability, so cry some more

Loading Video...

this is yet another pc exclusive that is not 'the so hated' RTS, this is an indie but your poor laptop won't cut it to play with this graphics

Loading Video...

Are any of those games playable?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46282 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@R4gn4r0k: Titanfall >.>

Really ? And is that game on PC perchance ?

dethtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 dethtrain
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

Well just about every 4X game or RTS is a PC exclusive and most MMOs

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#154  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

The console library is the bollywood of videogames.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

a couple of games here and there - that's nice.

most games, that's the pc platform. game likability? that's a personal thing.

i make up my own mind on the platform with the largest selection available.

i also like a few console exclusives, like forza / gt. but in that particular case assetto corsa's got me covered now.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts

@happyduds77 said:

@napo_sp said:

well you can cry over your Grand Turismo and Forza because the best racing sim is a PC exclusive

Loading Video...

and then cry over some more drive club, need for speed etc because the best arcade racing is also a PC exclusive

Loading Video...

then there is this awesome realistic RPG that we PC users can play the alpha first months before console users will get it, and before I forget PC users will get modding capability, so cry some more

Loading Video...

this is yet another pc exclusive that is not 'the so hated' RTS, this is an indie but your poor laptop won't cut it to play with this graphics

Loading Video...

the first 2 racing games are perfectly playable via steam early access now with cheap price tag ($35 for AC and $30 for NCG, compare that with Forza/GT/NFS) both were even cheaper before, while KCD alpha can be obtained via kickstarter now for $40 (but it is not released yet), RESET isn't out yet in any form.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#157  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

Unfortunately, last generation, the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 eliminated most PC exclusives.

PC had more aaa-aa exclusives than ps3 and xbox360 combined last gen...

I've read this entire thread, and you've said this like 20 times. List out the games. Put them out there. I love PC gaming, I have a ridiculous PC setup, but I want to know what these games are -- and I want to know what you think AAA games are. I love games like the Stanley Parable, and I love Starcraft. But most PC exclusives console gamers wanted on consoles ended up on consoles. I'm not knocking PC gaming, I don't think anybody is. It's a great way to play games -- and it's seeing an uprising -- but the most high profile games aren't staying PC exclusive -- if they ever were to begin with.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@KungfuKitten: I'm not sure you understand enough about Hollywood and Bollywood to try creating an analogy about them. PC and console libraries are very similar.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts

and this... something you may never see on consoles

Loading Video...

the sheer atmosphere and complexity of a full 3D newtonian space flight 'shooter' multiplayer...

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

Shadow warrior, Serious sam 3, Rise of the Triad, Crysis warhead, Crysis Cry engine 2 version,the Stanley Parable, Hard Reset, Black Mesa ect. Some of my fav recent exclusives.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46282 Posts

@ultimate-k said:

Shadow warrior, Serious sam 3, Rise of the Triad, Crysis warhead, Crysis Cry engine 2 version,the Stanley Parable, Hard Reset, Black Mesa ect. Some of my fav recent exclusives.

Still have to play Hard Reset, but I absolutely loved Shadow Warrior, so I'll be getting to it soon.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
@xboxdone74 said:

@Cloud_imperium:

I post them because they are factual evidence.

LOL! You should really check your petitions before posting. Not a single one had over 1000 sigs. Hell, the planet side and. Ass effect petitions had like 4 sigs total. LOL!

Next time...do your research instead of just frantically googling petitions trying to counter me.

Or maybe you should stop posting frantically those petitions and calling ownage with them since they're irrelevant,considering the very small amount they represent

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

@napo_sp said:

@happyduds77 said:

@napo_sp said:

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

the first 2 racing games are perfectly playable via steam early access now with cheap price tag ($35 for AC and $30 for NCG, compare that with Forza/GT/NFS) both were even cheaper before, while KCD alpha can be obtained via kickstarter now for $40 (but it is not released yet), RESET isn't out yet in any form.

Uh huh figures, the two games that could actually show off what PC is capable of are just tech demos. And I have to say those two car games look awful for a PC exclusive. I mean isn't PC supposed to be this graphics powerhouse that can produce insane amount of detail and realistic environments?

And one another thing who actually declared those two car games as the best of their genre? Because if I recall those two games aren't even heard of.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

off the top of my head:

• Starcraft 2
  • Company of Heroes
  • planet side 2
  • heart of the swarm
  • Shogun2
  • Rome2
  • Dota2
  • LOL
  • CiV
  • Stalker
  • guildwars 2
  • amnesia
  • machine for pigs
  • crysis warhead

PC has more aaa/aa exclusives than all 3 systems combined, this and last gen.

Honestly the much better multiplats alone is more than enough reason.

Lol, weak as ****

Well what else to expect from PC. Indies, indies, indies, mmo's, indies, fps's....oh yeah and indies.

LMFAO! PC has became such a joke.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#165 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

@MonsieurX: since you are following me, and love to reply to every comment I make, I will continue to post the list, as factual evidence ownage.

I've set up shop...in your mind, son.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#166  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

@Suppaman100: Nothing wrong with Indie games.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

Diablo 3...oh wait that is not exlusive anymore...nah i cant say any PC exclusive but Wow

You can't say any PC exclusive but Wow? That's a really odd speech impediment to have.

@whiskeystrike said:

Trolling hermits is like the one guaranteed faction to get a rise out of.

Just post the same key phrases that have been done dozens of times and you still get 100+ responses zzz

Crazy that people still fall for it. This same thread gets posted about 5 times a week.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#168 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Aside from the exclusives a lot of people here have been posting, I find myself wanting to play all of the multiplats on my PC over my consoles. The only reason I keep my consoles around is to play the few odd exclusives or multiplats with shit PC ports.

The beauty of PC gaming is you're not limited to the current generation. You can go from playing the latest AAA blockbuster to playing 1998s GotY in seconds.

You're only limiting yourself if you ignore the PC. Nobody misses out but the ignorant.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@aroxx_ab said:

Diablo 3...oh wait that is not exlusive anymore...nah i cant say any PC exclusive but Wow

You can't say any PC exclusive but Wow? That's a really odd speech impediment to have.

TC said we could not say Wow so imo it is not any exclusives i can think of worth playing, lots of good multiplats tho:P

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#170 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

PC gaming all about the old games that any laptop can run nowadays. I dont know why people waste so much money on gaming rigs, no one wants to play Crysis 3 for fun. Its not like your rig gonna be playing Uncharted 4 or MGSV lol

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

There are plenty of them out there, just got to PC page here at GS.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#172 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@Jankarcop said:

off the top of my head:

• Starcraft 2 ............................RTS
  • Company of Heroes............. RTS
  • planet side 2......................... FPS
  • heart of the swarm ...............RTS (expansion)
  • Shogun2...............................RTS
  • Rome2..................................RTS
  • Dota2....................................RTS
  • LOL.......................................RTS MMO
  • CiV.........................................RTS
  • Stalker....................................FPS
  • guildwars 2.............................MMO
  • amnesia..................................Indie horror
  • machine for pigs.....................indie horror
  • crysis warhead........................FPS

No the PC isn't almost completely made up of RTSes......... You know for someone who likes to brag that the PC has the most best games and genres you certainly didn't go out of your comfort zone did you.

Unless you like RTS this list is complete shit. On top of this list being completely bland and generally shit most of these games don't even need a gaming PC to be played on. Thanks for proving my point that the PC is just an RTS machine with a few indies and MMOs.

CIV V, LOL and DOTA2 are not RTS.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:
Lol, weak as ****

Well what else to expect from PC. Indies, indies, indies, mmo's, indies, fps's....oh yeah and indies.

PC had the most aaa/aa last gen, and indy's were not the majority of games.

So basically your argument is that:

• indy titles
  • mmo
  • rts
  • mobas
  • sim

Do not count..., yet 4 hour automated movies count.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#174  Edited By deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

@MikeMoose said:

I was talking to a PC gamer the other day, and I asked him what the best PC exclusives that aren't extremely old are. He then got extremely defensive and told me to "go look it up myself" and then said he bet I couldn't name that many good console exclusives (which I did with ease). So I am seriously asking, what are the killer app exclusive games on the PC that would justify me shelling out over a thousand dollars for one? Indie games that I can run on my laptop don't count btw.

You complain that someone else won't give you a list, then you don't bother giving your list.

Most of the list of PC exclusives is going to require you to read a manual, or a tutorial, so most console "elitists" don't like them.

Also, most PC games will "run" even if you don't meet the minimum requirements, but PC gamers that pay over a thousand dollars for a PC have much higher standards in terms of frame rate and image quality than console gamers do - especially since console gamers can't do anything to change their frame rate or image quality.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 deactivated-5920bf77daa85

@Jankarcop said:

@Suppaman100 said:
Lol, weak as ****

PC had the most aaa/aa last gen, and indy's were not the majority of games.

So basically your argument is that:

• indy titles
  • mmo
  • rts
  • mobas
  • sim

Do not count..., yet 4 hour automated movies count.

His argument didn't include strategy games at all, actually. Well, except in the list he quoted. Apparently, he thinks they are crap but doesn't even know they are strategy games.

These console elitists don't like to read, and they don't like to get off the couch (or, more frequently, their bed). They are the most laziest people in the world, which helps explain the lack of funds for a gaming PC.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts
  • League of Legends
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • STALKER trilogy
  • Amnesia 1 & 2
  • Legend of Grimrock
  • Civilization V + Expansions
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Torchlight 2
  • Total War: Shogun 2

Off the top of my head.

@Suppaman100 said:

Lol, weak as ****

Have fun with Knack. And a dozen last gen ports that are vastly superior on PC.

What a shitty attempt at trolling. Grow the **** up or inform your ass before you're bent on annoying some people on a forum.

Really, Gamespot? What a fucking joke of a Terms of Use.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Wasdie said:

Aside from the exclusives a lot of people here have been posting, I find myself wanting to play all of the multiplats on my PC over my consoles. The only reason I keep my consoles around is to play the few odd exclusives or multiplats with shit PC ports.

The beauty of PC gaming is you're not limited to the current generation. You can go from playing the latest AAA blockbuster to playing 1998s GotY in seconds.

You're only limiting yourself if you ignore the PC. Nobody misses out but the ignorant.

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@MikeMoose said:

@AzatiS: I don't see much. I see a lot of RTS games I can run on my Laptop. The fact that he named League of Legends and Dota...

facepalm... those are not RTS games for a start.

and you can run them crap... so what.

those 2 games are played by far more people than any console exclusives.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@ Mike Moose.

So, the basis of your entire argument is "I can run those games on my old laptop, therefore PC Exclusives are not valid" .... I don't get it. its a really a pathetic argument. and for example, this is not a new idea with PC Gaming. PC gaming was NEVER just about graphics.... and with some RARE exceptions the best PC games were never the ones that pushed the boundaries.... HAlf-Life or more so the source engine at its time was one of the exceptions. Crysis was NEVER a dominant game in PC gaming.

you are trying to make out that scalability is a negative. but failing to realise that your pathetic laptop wont run the games at their best or at competitive frame rates.

LOL and DOTA are bigger alone let alone any mmos than any console exclusives. even if your laptop can run them... that doesn''t change the fact that they are pc only.... and are killer apps.

so again what is the point in this, except to pretend you have any point whatsoever worth brining up. your "pc freind" dismissed you because your a little graphic's whore that thinks 10 hour crap uncharted games are somehow the best in gaming because they recieved top end critic scores... critics that can only afford to play games for a short time and rate them on casual access and pretty visuals.

the level of narrow mindedness is pathetic.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

There are so many of them.

Civ 5 with expansions is probably the most addictive game of all times.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@jhonMalcovich said:

doesn't count because its not a graphics whoreing 10 hour shooter or action game. silly.

its a boring rts that makes you think and has variety and teach you history, that is not gaming...... following a poorly scripted indiana jones knock off down a corridor with michael bay moments and very outdated shooting gameplay ... IS TRUE GAMING. 95 on metacritic yo.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#182 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

I know what you mean TC. I've got like fifty games or something on my PC and about 2 are exclusives (Antichamber, The Witcher). However I'm not disapointed really. The fact of the matter is that there is enough multiplats to keep me entertained. And playing them on PC means I get better tech, get to choose the input device I want and can buy them cheaply.

But your opinion, that the PC exclusive library is very underwhelming, is perfectly fine and not strange to me at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 deactivated-5920bf77daa85

@Sushiglutton said:

I know what you mean TC. I've got like fifty games or something on my PC and about 2 are exclusives (Antichamber, The Witcher). However I'm not disapointed really. The fact of the matter is that there is enough multiplats to keep me entertained. And playing them on PC means I get better tech, get to choose the input device I want and can buy them cheaply.

But your opinion, that the PC exclusive library is very underwhelming, is perfectly fine and not strange to me at all.

There's nothing wrong with the PC exclusive library. In fact, unlike consoles, games are exclusive to the PC because THEY CANNOT BE PLAYED ON ANYTHING ELSE. Many an exclusive has been ruined attempting to make it playable with a simple controller.

If you don't like strategy games, then fine. If you prefer games that are five hours of gameplay and five hours of cutscenes, then fine. If you prefer to play games for five days instead of five years, then fine. But that's not the fault of the PC.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Red Dead Redemption.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

doesn't count because its not a graphics whoreing 10 hour shooter or action game. silly.

its a boring rts that makes you think and has variety and teach you history, that is not gaming...... following a poorly scripted indiana jones knock off down a corridor with michael bay moments and very outdated shooting gameplay ... IS TRUE GAMING. 95 on metacritic yo.

Why so angry ? You act like if TC verdict was final and from it depends the future of all PC gaming XD Don't bait so easilly on obivous trolling.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#186  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Seems legit.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@R4gn4r0k: Titanfall >.>

Really ? And is that game on PC perchance ?

Maybe