So, SW, are we in agreement that Overwatch claiming GOTY at the Awards is.....

• 187 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@killered3 said:

@dynamitecop:

That's not it either! It's selfish as **** to put a multiplayer only game for game of the year, period! Never mind the cut off sp stuff. I know Overwatch was built for mp only, but that doesn't make this game of the year pick any less rediculous! These types of games shouldn't even have the right to exist!

They're literally mind fucks! In a couple of years from now, Overwatch won't even be playable anymore because the servers will move on to the sequel! How the flying **** does a game like that deserve game of the year?! What a fucking joke! I'm not saying mp isn't good, but that's why we have multiplayer of the year. But to get game of the year, you're implying that the game has more content to than just kill players in the same tired ass games we've been through before only on different maps and art style.

My most played games are multiplayer games. If you take UC4 or even DOOM and you stack the hours I play them against any multiplayer game ( MOBAs, Overwatch, Team Fortress, etc...) it speaks for itself. On paper, a game that I played for 1500 hours has way more worth than your 20 hours to max out Uncharted 4. And yes, the game has way more content... way more. A multiplayer game is a valid choice.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#102 KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

I forgot about the GAME Awards.

I wouldnt give Overwatch GOTY, but therent isnt really anything this year I would give it to either.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

@killered3 said:

@thepclovingguy:

Get off Nathane Drake's dick, no one is talking about Uncharted 4 and I'm not either. I'm fine with it not getting game of the year but putting a multiplayer only game for that is where I draw the line. It's worst game of the year pick I have ever seen before!

Well we all know you are the one who is actually dickriding Nathan Drake, you already mentioned thousand times before how much you love uncharted 4 and that it somehow deserves the goty award despite the fact that according to your logic it shouldn't win it anyway because its not available to everyone. And you didn't protest either when uncharted 4 was nominated.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 thepclovingguy

@uninspiredcup said:

If a games good it's good.

This isn't, obviously. It's a poor mans TF2 gassed by a corrupt media.

If it had been anything like TF2, I would actually love it, but unfortunately its not. So I stopped playing overwatch altogether.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22717 Posts

As long as Uncharted bore didn't win it. That game was the opposite direction I want the future of interacting in a video game to go.

Fell asleep twice with the controller in my hand while playing it. Wish I was kidding.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@reduc_ab_:

Well deserved Over Watch!

Great game.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#107 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@thepclovingguy:

In literally none of my posts for this thread have I even mentioned Uncharted 4. My rant wasn't about it not winning, it was about a piece of shit multiplayer only game winning instead of a casual sp with mp game. I would've accepted anything but that!

B_rich84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#108  Edited By B_rich84
Member since 2013 • 367 Posts

@TheEroica said:

As long as Uncharted bore didn't win it. That game was the opposite direction I want the future of interacting in a video game to go.

Fell asleep twice with the controller in my hand while playing it. Wish I was kidding.

I'm not saying I don't disagree that Uncharted can be boring sometimes but why did you play it then? This is Uncharted 4. From the trailers and how Naughty Dog develops you HAD to know it would have cut scenes. When I see comments like this I always wonder if the person is telling the truth. Was Uncharted 4 your first entry into the series? If not and you played the other 3 and thought they were good enough to buy 4, then why buy a game that you know would make you fall asleep?

I think Overwatch deserved it btw. Talk about a game that was the most talked about game for a good half year and still rolling with massive numbers.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By nepu7supastar7

@b_rich84:

Dude, there are losers who have bought Uncharted 4 just so they can talk shit about it on YouTube. The hatred for that game is that rediculously childish! I had no idea gamers hate the idea of perfect scores. Then people who are already hating on a game they never played, use those dumb hater review videos as a bible for why they hate it.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#110  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

It's an amazing game. Still don't understand why it gets people so butthurt.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@killered3 said:

@thepclovingguy:

In literally none of my posts for this thread have I even mentioned Uncharted 4. My rant wasn't about it not winning, it was about a piece of shit multiplayer only game winning instead of a casual sp with mp game. I would've accepted anything but that!

Why is a game a piece of shit for being multiplayer only? I love single player games as much as the next guy but I've sunk tens of thousands of hours into online multiplayer games, they are without a doubt 80% of my total time spent gaming and I've been playing games since the late 80's.

@killered3 said:

@b_rich84:

Dude, there are losers who have bought Uncharted 4 just so they can talk shit about it on YouTube. The hatred for that game is that rediculously childish! I had no idea gamers hate the idea of perfect scores. Then people who are already hating on a game they never played, use those dumb hater review videos as a bible for why they hate it.

Who buys things to hate on them? Do you know how stupid that sounds? Also people who haven't even played it (Reduc) have argued with me multiple times about it and defended it from my criticism when I've actually played it...

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 nepu7supastar7

@dynamitecop:

Yes, I do know how stupid that sounds but people have done it anyway! I really don't know why anyone would hate on a game that much. Look at the people here saying, "As long as Uncharted Bore didn't win."

As for the multiplayer thing, I guess I'm just too old school. I never understood the fascination in playing against other players with the same recycled mini games. To me, that's not what games are about. But I guess the game industry is moving to online now. Either that or this was kind of a shitty year anyway. Oh well... ?

I've already moved to the last stage of mourning. Acceptance. I'm still not gonna buy Overwatch though. ? Blechhh!! Multiplayer!

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 dynamitecop
@killered3 said:

@dynamitecop:

Yes, I do know how stupid that sounds but people have done it anyway! I really don't know why anyone would hate on a game that much. Look at the people here saying, "As long as Uncharted Bore didn't win."

As for the multiplayer thing, I guess I'm just too old school. I never understood the fascination in playing against other players with the same recycled mini games. To me, that's not what games are about. But I guess the game industry is moving to online now. Either that or this was kind of a shitty year anyway. Oh well... ?

I've already moved to the last stage of mourning. Acceptance. I'm still not gonna buy Overwatch though. ? Blechhh!! Multiplayer!

Too old school? You do realize that multiplayer gaming dates back to the early 70's right? Your problem is that because you don't understand it you find it to be invalid, that's an incredulity fallacy.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 thepclovingguy

@killered3 said:

@thepclovingguy:

Again, I am not specifically referring to your posts in this thread, but all the other goty threads in which you basically just talk about uncharted 4 all day long. If available is so important to you, it means in other words that an exclusive game should not receive the goty award in regards to your flawed logic.

dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#115 dantesergei
Member since 2004 • 2254 Posts

Agree, far from GOTY material.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Is the game really that good? Gotta try it sometime, had like zero interest before.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 nepu7supastar7

@dynamitecop:

Oh come on, at some point we're all prejudice to the games we like. That's kinda how people work. Is it flawed? Sure. But humans are naturally selfish. Unless we have our way, chances are that we'll bitch about it. Just because I'm hung up on it doesn't mean that I'm not aware of it.

And when I say old school, I mean these new online only multiplayer. If it's not bad enough that it's multiplayer, it has to be online multiplayer. Because couch multiplayer is pretty much dead! ?? *sob*

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#118 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20249 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

It's certainly not my GOTY.

LET'S PROTEST! NO STRUGGLE, NO PROGRESS!!!! Isn't that right @iandizion713? Let us crowdfund the money for a recount!

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 nepu7supastar7

@thepclovingguy:

? *sigh*

If flawed means to root for games anyone would like then color flawed with a permanent marker and ship me off to hypocrisy land. Either way you're too late, fun buns. I don't care anymore so.. ?

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#120  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

Casual friendly, good graphics, low complexity, low TTK. Blizzard.

Makes sense to me.

Only Blizzard could take the scraps of a failed game and make it GoTY. I guess that's something.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 dynamitecop

@killered3 said:

@dynamitecop:

Oh come on, at some point we're all prejudice to the games we like. That's kinda how people work. Is it flawed? Sure. But humans are naturally selfish. Unless we have our way, chances are that we'll bitch about it. Just because I'm hung up on it doesn't mean that I'm not aware of it.

And when I say old school, I mean these new online only multiplayer. If it's not bad enough that it's multiplayer, it has to be online multiplayer. Because couch multiplayer is pretty much dead! ?? *sob*

" And when I say old school, I mean these new online only multiplayer"

You do realize that online only multiplayer games have existed for decades right?

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#122 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Certainly not my GOTY either. GoW4 is mine.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#123 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

It's a good game. And we know they meant the PC version, really.

Ryan_Som

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#124 Ryan_Som
Member since 2009 • 2474 Posts

I find it just as annoying that Witcher 3's DLC beat ALL of Dark Souls 3.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 nepu7supastar7

@dynamitecop:

You realize that you're arguing to someone who hates online multiplayer, right? Arguments with stubborn people like me are endless because no matter what you say, we'll never listen to you. ?

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 dynamitecop

@killered3 said:

@dynamitecop:

You realize that you're arguing to someone who hates online multiplayer, right? Arguments with stubborn people like me are endless because no matter what you say, we'll never listen to you. ?

And with that you just completely invalidated yourself and everything you've said, as if it wasn't already invalid and illogical.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

Why can't a multiplayer game win or why can't a single player cinematic single player game win? Both appeal to different people under different circumstances but both are the best in their respective areas. What's important though is that cows and manticores get to enjoy both while lems are left to be butthurt and whine because they can't experience the ultimate SP experience and that's why they defend their butthurt by convincing themselves that they hate it. TLHBO.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 dynamitecop

@dakur said:

Why can't a multiplayer game win or why can't a single player cinematic single player game win? Both appeal to different people under different circumstances but both are the best in their respective areas. What's important though is that cows and manticores get to enjoy both while lems are left to be butthurt and whine because they can't experience the ultimate SP experience and that's why they defend their butthurt by convincing themselves that they hate it. TLHBO.

I've experienced it, and I hate it.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 nepu7supastar7

@dynamitecop:

I know you are but what am I?

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By oflow

@dakur: "the ultimate single player experience"

???????

I don't hate single player because I'm butthurt I hate it because its boring and not challenging. AI in most single player games is terrible.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

@oflow: @dynamitecop: That's easy to understand, you're both butthurted lems. I already explained how lems butthurt works on my post. TLHBO

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#132 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@charizard1605: Saying a game you have never played deserves to win GOTY. Because it's popular? I do play Overwatch btw and it is a very fun game.

I didn't say it deserves it over UC4, I said I can see why a game with the kind of impact that OW had would win. What exactly is stupid with that statement?

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1475 Posts

@dynamitecop said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

Cow whine thread because uncharted 4 lost

Prove to me that four (4) of your braincells can work in unison and I'll engage in a conversation with you.

The fact that you find a competitive multiplayer shooter to be shallow says it all, there's more intricacy in a game like this than a hundred single player games put together, it's a completely dynamic landscape built entirely from player interaction and metagame.

Mechanically it's as shallow as FPS games get.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#134  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

I'll quote my bro:

"... Any decent quake live player should at least be in high diamond in OW.

The OW haters make little sense to me, it is one of the best mp games to come out in a while. The netcode is very good on pc, there is a good ranking system, 2% of players in masters, and very few in GM. Diamond is basically the old dmg trashcan tier in cs:go, and plat and below is just noobs. They constantly update the game with new features, and the gameplay is a nice blend between teamwork, positioning, and having good aim. It isn't as aim heavy as most arena shooters but you can still carry a lot with Mcree if you are good with aim and have good positioning."

If he likes it, then it deserves the praise.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 dynamitecop

@dakur said:

@oflow: @dynamitecop: That's easy to understand, you're both butthurted lems. I already explained how lems butthurt works on my post. TLHBO

Butthurt about what? A game with a lot of glaring flaws that people overlook because of "reasons"?

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By thepclovingguy

@killered3 said:

@thepclovingguy:

? *sigh*

If flawed means to root for games anyone would like then color flawed with a permanent marker and ship me off to hypocrisy land. Either way you're too late, fun buns. I don't care anymore so.. ?

Again, uncharted 4 is not a game anyone would like, first off its not accessible to everyone. Secondly, not everyone is into boring movie games like yourself. And thirdly, yes, you are a hypocrite. End of story...

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@moistcarrot said:

Is there such a thing as a "deep" FPS game? I don't recall playing any FPS game that I would consider deep. That's part of the fun. If an FPS game was deep, I probably wouldn't want it.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Moistcarrot

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@moistcarrot said:

Is there such a thing as a "deep" FPS game? I don't recall playing any FPS game that I would consider deep. That's part of the fun. If an FPS game was deep, I probably wouldn't want it.

Not particularly, but there aren't really any advanced movement mechanics that can give you an edge except for maybe lucio and his wallriding. And having good aim doesn't factor in as much as in other FPS's.

Don't get me wrong it's a fun game but after playing for 60+ hours it feels like there isn't anything I can improve upon.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@moistcarrot said:
@jun_aka_pekto said:
@moistcarrot said:

Not particularly, but there aren't really any advanced movement mechanics that can give you an edge except for maybe lucio and his wallriding. And having good aim doesn't factor in as much as in other FPS's.

Don't get me wrong it's a fun game but after playing for 60+ hours it feels like there isn't anything I can improve upon.

Ooops. Sorry. I hit the Flag Post by mistake. He He. I got distracted by something outside. I removed the flag. ;)

Anyway, all FPS games can feel repetitive after a while unless your goal is to pile up the body count which is why many play them in the first place.

I experienced the same thing with the MP aspect of GLQuake and Quake 2 when everything was a simple Death Match.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Moistcarrot

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@moistcarrot said:
@jun_aka_pekto said:
@moistcarrot said:

Ooops. Sorry. I hit the Flag Post by mistake. He He. I got distracted by something outside. I removed the flag. ;)

Anyway, all FPS games can feel repetitive after a while unless your goal is to pile up the body count which is why many play them in the first place.

I experienced the same thing with the MP aspect of GLQuake and Quake 2 when everything was a simple Death Match.

It's cool.

I played TF2 for 1000 hours and that game never got boring, there's was always something new in terms of team dynamics but it also felt like I was improving my own performance the more I played.

Overwatch is kind of like that in the way that team synergies can unfold, but that gets boring after a while once you've started seeing how most matches play out. The lack of maps and game modes hurts it as well.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By nepu7supastar7

@thepclovingguy:

Again, those ramblings against Uncharted 4 would be relevant if I was actually talking about it. But I'm not.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By oflow

@dakur: lol no. UC4 was as boring as Gods of Egypt but longer. I couldn't stop laughing at the homie I watched watch the game the other day. I swear I watched him watch the game for 30 minutes and do literally nothing.

Being the cow you are though, you're probably used to having lots of ultimate single player experiences, Lefty. ???

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#143  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

i assume people who thought uncharted 4 was boring have the attention span of a gerbil hopped up on red bull.

overwatch is $20 value repackaged for $60. no dedicated servers and no mod support from a developer that's supposed to be one of the biggest forces in PC gaming.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#144 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

UC4 was a well made game that I enjoyed a lot but it's nothing special.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#145  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
@princeofshapeir said:

i assume people who thought uncharted 4 was boring have the attention span of a gerbil hopped up on red bull.

Or they like interactions with some merit to them and aren't easily impressed by a straight forward adventure story.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 jg4xchamp
@moistcarrot said:
@dynamitecop said:

The fact that you find a competitive multiplayer shooter to be shallow says it all, there's more intricacy in a game like this than a hundred single player games put together, it's a completely dynamic landscape built entirely from player interaction and metagame.

Except not really at all? It lowers the skill floor for actual aiming and shooting by a whole lot with those hit boxes, but the classes, their synergy with each other, and their abilities adds a lot of genuine depth to that game. You absolutely can get a more shallow game than Overwatch. You play that game with a proper group against another properly coordinated group and it's a far more nuanced game than most of this forum tries to pretend it is.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 jg4xchamp

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@moistcarrot said:

Depth is a relative term, it's routinely used poorly by gamers. As just a term for "more things to do" or "this bar fills up". But that's not necessarily a good use of the term, since that type of design can easily be bloated. A better use is when the game allows meaningful decisions relating to the core mechanics of the title. It's when said mechanics create either a learning or push up the skill ceiling. Like skiing in Tribes, proper bunny hoping and rocket jumping in the likes of Quake and Unreal.

Dota's depth isn't just the rpg builds that happen during a match, it's knowing your role, your job, and then applying said role n job in the context of your team make up during a match. Overwatch is that, obviously on a simpler scale. It's very easy to pick up, because any idiot can shoot in it, but you can separate great players from good ones easily based purely on your understanding of your roles and hard counters.

That it happens to be a game so easy to pick up, and with layers to master. Makes it a rare example of application over execution gameplay that is surprisingly great to play. A type of brilliant game design we usually only get from Nintendo with any consistency.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Hmmmm, the butthurt is strong with TC.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#149 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

@dakur said:

the ultimate SP experience

Forced exclusive mediocrity. Compare that to Overwatch which is available on all 3 systems(gimped on consoles of course) which is solid, well rounded with a massive community and non stop activity and has content added constantly for free.

Loading Video...

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2312 Posts

Overwatch was good fun but my pick was xcom 2