So not a single thread about Nintendo Labo?

• 112 results
jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Lol

‘Nuff said.

Real talk though, did anyone actually buy it ???

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

Nah. I didn't pick it up. It looks quite cute and novel, but I really don't have the space for all that stuff. I didn't plan on buying it either...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

As hard as Nintendo fannies tried to argued the greatness of this shit, reality kicked in. Besides this.. software was released the same day as God of War. Autofail.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

There was a thread afaik. Basically, everyone who wanted to buy it or has bought it, has done so for their kids.
Nothing more to say really. It's getting good reviews and it's definitely more complex than the "hurr durr cardboard" haters on System Wars would have you believe.

That's all there really is to it.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Got a friend that got it .

Not sure when he will play it, since he doesn't have the time to build it.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

Cardboard =/= games...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

It was never aimed at the self appointed hardcore elite that dwell here. We got GoW.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

Nintendo should've pushed back the release date. They're no amateurs idk why they went ahead with the same release date as God of War tbh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@valgaav_219 said:

Nintendo should've pushed back the release date. They're no amateurs idk why they went ahead with the same release date as God of War tbh

Do you really think the people buying LABO would be buying GoW. LABO is for children.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

It's cardboard catered to children.

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

A cardboard box is not a very exciting topic around these parts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@freedomfreak said:

It's cardboard catered to children.

Cardboard and brilliantly designed and surprisingly deep software. It's not just cardboard.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@vvulturas said:

Nanomachines intensify.

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 vvulturas

@Shewgenja said:
@vvulturas said:

Nanomachines intensify.

It's all a ruse from Nintendo to announce the next MGS game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@vvulturas said:

No, topics on which gamez suck the most are way more this places 'thing'.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

It is funny that I honestly think i'm the only person on SW that got God of War and Labo Variety Kit and LOVE them both equally!

It is very odd but not surprising that people on SW are so narrow. The difference between Labo and other products is that Labo takes more time to do.

Last Friday I picked up God of War and Labo Variety Kit. When I got home on Friday night I was tired so I could...

A: Make some Labo (something that requires thinking) or

B: Play God of War (something that requires zero thought what so ever, which after a hard days work is AWSOME)

So of course I chose to play God of War before messing about with Labo.

By Sunday I was about 10 hours into God of War. Then I built the Bike and RC car. The Bike is really great and I am enjoying making my own custom tracks. (I make one using my Ps4 Pro controller and the shape). The camera really makes it very interesting for the curious type like myself.

This week I will make the house and mess with that. (and play 5-10 hours more God of War)

Next week I will make the Fishing Rod (Something that I am really excited about as I love fishing) Then I will finish God of War!

The week after that I will make the Piano. (Look at youtube. People are making great tracks with this.) I want to make some Tree of Savior Remixes with it and this will be a work in progress for a few months.

Then after that I want to work in the garage and see what weird stuff I can program.

On the real: I legit feel that people just want to bash Labo cause it is not for them and they are addicted to what they are used to. I honestly feel that Labo is a great game. It has a lot to do and is make to be experienced over time. I get that SW loves to bash things that they have never played, but at least be real about it.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Got mine. Gonna put it together with my gf. Maybe this weekend.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bread_or_Decide

@mojito1988 said:

It is funny that I honestly think i'm the only person on SW that got God of War and Labo Variety Kit and LOVE them both equally!

It is very odd but not surprising that people on SW are so narrow. The difference between Labo and other products is that Labo takes more time to do.

Last Friday I picked up God of War and Labo Variety Kit. When I got home on Friday night I was tired so I could...

B: Play God of War (something that requires zero thought what so ever, which after a hard days work is AWSOME)

By Sunday I was about 10 hours into God of War. Then I built the Bike and RC car. The Bike is really great and I am enjoying making my own custom tracks. (I make one using my Ps4 Pro controller and the shape). The camera really makes it very interesting for the curious type like myself.

This week I will make the house and mess with that. (and play 5-10 hours more God of War)

Next week I will make the Fishing Rod (Something that I am really excited about as I love fishing) Then I will finish God of War!

The week after that I will make the Piano. (Look at youtube. People are making great tracks with this.) I want to make some Tree of Savior Remixes with it and this will be a work in progress for a few months.

Then after that I want to work in the garage and see what weird stuff I can program.

On the real: I legit feel that people just want to bash Labo cause it is not for them and they are addicted to what they are used to. I honestly feel that Labo is a great game. It has a lot to do and is make to be experienced over time. I get that SW loves to bash things that they have never played, but at least be real about it.

I bought both the same day as well.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bread_or_Decide

@boycie said:
@valgaav_219 said:

Do you really think the people buying LABO would be buying GoW. LABO is for children.

Yeah, it's called alternative programming. Releasing a horror movie on the same day that a kids movie comes out. Two audiences that don't cross over.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

I think that it’s very cool and creative myself but it’s not really something for me and I’m perfectly fine with that. I have seen some people doing some pretty creative things with it and I imagine we’ll see more of that in the future.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mojito1988

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@mojito1988 said:

Nice. What have your experiences been like so far? I would love to hear all about it and did you make the fishing rod yet? (I want to make some really weird/creative fish of my own when I get that made)

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bread_or_Decide

@Sgt_Crow said:

There was a thread afaik. Basically, everyone who wanted to buy it or has bought it, has done so for their kids.

Nothing more to say really. It's getting good reviews and it's definitely more complex than the "hurr durr cardboard" haters on System Wars would have you believe.

The Labo garage is something they should have talked more about. Basically, a space to create new and exciting labo experiments and inventions.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bread_or_Decide

@mojito1988 said:

Nice. What have your experiences been like so far? I would love to hear all about it and did you make the fishing rod yet? (I want to make some really weird/creative fish of my own when I get that made)

I haven't put together anything yet. But the fishing rod will be the one I tackle first. Pun intended. I'll be sure to share my thoughts once I make them.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@mojito1988 said:

Everyone here bought both, they're just too embarrassed to admit it :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Sgt_Crow said:

The Labo garage is something they should have talked more about. Basically, a space to create new and exciting labo experiments and inventions.

yeah, would of been a great counter to the LULZ Cardboard argument.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56104 Posts

"So not a single thread about Nintendo Labo?"

It's more of a toy then a video game. No point in seeing a thread on this.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

What the hell is Labo anyway?? Is it a game? All I hear and see are some cut out card board!

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 vvulturas

@boycie said:
@vvulturas said:

No, topics on which gamez suck the most are way more this places 'thing'.

Obviously 3rd person perspective games.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mojito1988

@judaspete said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@mojito1988 said:

Everyone here bought both, they're just too embarrassed to admit it :)

Embarrassed on a video game forum?......I guess at 38 years old, I'm too old to worry about others think.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

People hate loot boxes. This is Nintendo’s loot boxes.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

It was never meant for self entitled “hardcore gamerz” like you fellas, must have sold a shit ton of units day 1.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@gago-gago: How do you find it similar to loot boxes?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56104 Posts
@gago-gago said:

But but it's just Cosmetic :(

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

It flopped obviously

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#35 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

It's for children, or people who do not grow up.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Bread_or_Decide

@Random_Matt said:

It's for children, or people who do not grow up.

Look here boys, we have an A-dult in our midst.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bread_or_Decide

@davillain- said:
@gago-gago said:

I laughed :)

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rafaelmsoares
Member since 2018 • 657 Posts

Did you check Off Topic? The LABO threads are probably there

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@boycie: " Do you really think the people buying LABO would be buying GoW. LABO is for children."

People who bought gow probably have kids.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

I honestly think this shit is Nintendo's answer to VR. PC's have full fat VR. Sony gave you the medium, sit down option. Microsoft is dipping its toe in with windows mixed reality. What can a cheap company like Nintendo do? They already failed badly at it. Oh, how about instead of headsets creating the illusion of full 3D worlds around you and controllers which pinpoint every hand movement, you can cover yourself in crappy cardboard and pretend to be a space man like when you were 5 and you were given a television box to play with.

And you just know a lot of the people saying "it's for kids" desperately want it because they are man children who would buy and wear a Nintendo branded nappy.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@davillain- said:
@gago-gago said:

?

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Its quite neat to play with the kids. Media has been giving it good coverage so far.

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6609 Posts

@recloud said:

It flopped obviously

I don't think it did, at one point it was #1 at Amazon and out beating GOW.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

@DocSanchez: Wow, that is one ridiciculous analogy. Chapeau.

Then again, someone who’s dwelling on a forum like this and has the audacity to try and ridicule others for being manchildren should just be laughed at. Or did you think having an avatar like that automatically makes you look like an adult?

:’)

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I wasn't planning on buying Labo but my Japanese girlfriend (basically wife after 11 years) watched a heap of YouTube personalities having fun building all these things, she wanted to spend some quality time with me, put everything else away and have a few days to ourselves.

So I bought Labo and we did just that, honestly it's been amazing,the building process is so much fun. It surprised me how deep it actually is, I'm rubbish at arts and crafts but was still able to build Labo without the whole thing feeling childish and easy, a 10 year old would still need supervision I felt, so the accomplishment of seeing all these parts click together and form a final product is extremely satisfying.

Just got the house to go, put in maybe around 15 hours which is mostly building and reading tutorials, fishing is my favorite so far, HD rumble is legit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@p3anut: really? I haven't felt like it made a big splash. I guess we will see when the sales come in but I don't see many talking about it.

Granted, many of the publications I am reading wouldn't be specifically interested in Labo.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1853 Posts

Not surprised. It's not aimed at hardcore gamers, so of course forums, consisting of hardcore gamers, won't talk about it. The best Nintendo can hope for is schools, youth center, and camps will pick it up.

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#48 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

people are buying it Idk why though

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

it's like wii sports resort or wiifit or wii music.

nobody talked about it. except to make fun of it. but it still sold huge.

we'll see what NPD has to say. then we'll know if it was a flop.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11090 Posts

There's enough garbage games out there without having to resort to talking about literal garbage.