So lets say GT5 gets 9.5

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

Read my edit, and agreed, GS search system is horrid.

ActicEdge

Maybe he has the ultimate power? :P

Here's the thread.

SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
the way ps3 owners have hyped this game it must get a 10 otherwise it will be mocked here.
Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts
What console sims have set higher standards since Forza 3? Im sorry, but if it gets a 9.5, then its equal to Forza 3 going by System wars standards.
J-WOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 J-WOW
Member since 2010 • 3105 Posts
9.5 would be a great score BUT Froza3 got the same score so GT5 has to get higher or its a Flop
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

Read my edit, and agreed, GS search system is horrid.

tagyhag

Maybe he has the ultimate power? :P

Here's the thread.

Weird, but Kevin V has never gave me a reason to distrust him so I believe it.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#56 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

9.5 would be a great score BUT Froza3 got the same score so GT5 has to get higher or its a FlopJ-WOW
That's not true even in the slightest. It only needs to score a 9.0 (AAA)

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#57 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
9.5 would be a great score BUT Froza3 got the same score so GT5 has to get higher or its a FlopJ-WOW
No AAA game is a flop good sir.
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts

[QUOTE="J-WOW"]9.5 would be a great score BUT Froza3 got the same score so GT5 has to get higher or its a Flopheretrix

Technically. But the hype, from cows, is that it will be better than Forza. Which in that perspective, means it would have to be a 10.
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts
Forza 3's not even old. Standards didn't just leap ahead in one year :|Skittles_McGee
Standards don't change by time. Forza III sets a bar and it scores 9.5 That bar has to be broken in order to achieve a 9.5. If there wasn't a game better then GT1 made till now, you could basicaly make a racing game with early PS2 graphics, with 8 cars on track, and a little damage and get scores a 9+ (hypotheticaly speaking)
Magik85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Magik85
Member since 2009 • 1078 Posts

If they score the same its up to personal preference on which one people think is better.

ActicEdge
This one ;)
Kan0nF0dder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Kan0nF0dder
Member since 2009 • 1962 Posts

No game is ever 'expected' to get a 9.5, I'm sorry but that's just ridiculous - whatever they hype of dev time. 9.5s are classics, geez.

Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
and also, Forza only took 2 years to get a score 9.5. GT5 takes 5 years and still making, its going to be an epic fail if it scores lower than 9.0
Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Anjunaddict

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]Forza 3's not even old. Standards didn't just leap ahead in one year :|chaplainDMK
Standards don't change by time. Forza III sets a bar and it scores 9.5 That bar has to be broken in order to achieve a 9.5. If there wasn't a game better then GT1 made till now, you could basicaly make a racing game with early PS2 graphics, with 8 cars on track, and a little damage and get scores a 9+ (hypotheticaly speaking)

What? GT5 could easily be equal to Forza 3 and still score a 9.5.

This just sounds like early damage control from the GT5 crowd which is funny

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Skittles_McGee
[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]Forza 3's not even old. Standards didn't just leap ahead in one year :|chaplainDMK

Both are factors. Over time, more games in a genre release, it goes hand in hand. Technology upgrades, and the features you once had "wear out". However, there simply hasn't been that much to raise standards since Forza 3. And with the current score system, scores are rounded, so take that into account as well. (i.e. say it scores a 9.5. That could have been 9.4 or 9.6 on the old scale, that sort of thing)
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#65 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts
GT5 WILL get at least a 9.5 simply because it looks like Polyphony combined GT3, GT4, GT5P and then took it to another level. Im not surprised the game took so long to make, there's a huge amount of content.
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

Forza 3's not even old. Standards didn't just leap ahead in one year :|Skittles_McGee

Well it looks the standards have been raised. If GT5 becomes what it's trying to be, the next Forza game has to meet and beat those standards, which is not gonna happen because MS and turn 10 rush games out the door for mainly profit. Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure Sony wants GT5 to sell bucket loads, but Poly digital focused on the experience of cars themselves, not just racing, but the "soul" of the cars, if you get my drift (no pun intended). Plus Poly is a much smaller studio than Turn 10 so it's remarkable how much attention to detail there is in GT5. So my point being, if GT5 turns out to be what the developers wanted it to be, Turn 10 and Microsoft will need to spend 5 years of their own time developing Forza 4, just to meat the new standard GT5 has set.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Skittles_McGee

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]Forza 3's not even old. Standards didn't just leap ahead in one year :|dream431ca

Well it looks the standards have been raised. If GT5 becomes what it's trying to be, the next Forza game has to meet and beat those standards, which is not gonna happen because MS and turn 10 rush games out the door for mainly profit. Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure Sony wants GT5 to sell bucket loads, but Poly digital focused on the experience of cars themselves, not just racing, but the "soul" of the cars, if you get my drift. Plus Poly is a much smaller studio than Turn 10 so it's remarkable how much attention to detail there is in GT5. So my point being, if GT5 turns out to be what the developers wanted it to be, Turn 10 and Microsoft will need to spend 5 years of their own time developing Forza 4, just to meat the new standard GT5 has set.

Forza meeting and beating GT's standards won't happen, you say? Hm, strange, I could have sworn Forza 3 did just that. Must have been my imagination.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="J-WOW"]9.5 would be a great score BUT Froza3 got the same score so GT5 has to get higher or its a FlopSkittles_McGee

Technically. But the hype, from cows, is that it will be better than Forza. Which in that perspective, means it would have to be a 10.

No that would set a bad precedent. there are too many people in here trying to bend the rules to suit their arguments. a game is either AAA or it isn't.

Trust me, saying GT 5 is only as good as Forza 3 after all of the hoopla is just as bad as a flop.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 dream431ca

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]Forza 3's not even old. Standards didn't just leap ahead in one year :|Skittles_McGee

Well it looks the standards have been raised. If GT5 becomes what it's trying to be, the next Forza game has to meet and beat those standards, which is not gonna happen because MS and turn 10 rush games out the door for mainly profit. Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure Sony wants GT5 to sell bucket loads, but Poly digital focused on the experience of cars themselves, not just racing, but the "soul" of the cars, if you get my drift. Plus Poly is a much smaller studio than Turn 10 so it's remarkable how much attention to detail there is in GT5. So my point being, if GT5 turns out to be what the developers wanted it to be, Turn 10 and Microsoft will need to spend 5 years of their own time developing Forza 4, just to meat the new standard GT5 has set.

Forza meeting and beating GT's standards won't happen, you say? Hm, strange, I could have sworn Forza 3 did just that. Must have been my imagination.

No, your correct. Forza 3 did raise the bar, but looking at GT5, the bar has been raised a lot farther. If Forza 4 does come out, (which it probably will), will the bar be raised yet again? Can you make some predictions on what they could do to raise it? There isn't much room to raise it after GT5.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Skittles_McGee

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="heretrix"]That's not true even in the slightest. It only needs to score a 9.0 (AAA)

heretrix

No that would set a bad precedent. there are too many people in here trying to bend the rules to suit their arguments. a game is either AAA or it isn't.

Trust me, saying GT 5 is only as good as Forza 3 after all of the hoopla is just as bad as a flop.

Meh. Doesn't matter to me. Personally, I just love pointing out how it has to get a 10 to meet the hype, that's all. Talk about setting yourself up for failure.
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Skittles_McGee

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="dream431ca"]

dream431ca

No, your correct. Forza 3 did raise the bar, but looking at GT5, the bar has been raised a lot farther. If Forza 4 does come out, (which it probably will), will the bar be raised yet again? Can you make some predictions on what they could do to raise it? There isn't much room to raise it after GT5.

Why ask me to make predictions? You've already made some yourself, no? Seeing as GT5 isn't out. We don't even know if it will "raise the bar". And if it does, how high it will go.
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts
Anyone who calls a 9.5 a flop in is going to look silly anyway, I hope it happens.FIipMode
Pretty much ... "HHAHAHA OMG! Enjoy your FLOP Cows :D" .... :|
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 heretrix

because MS and turn 10 rush games out the door for mainly profit.

dream431ca

That's complete nonsense. Turn 10 has created a great franchise in Forza and they get it out the door within a reasonable amount of time.That should not be looked upon as a negative.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="FIipMode"]Anyone who calls a 9.5 a flop in is going to look silly anyway, I hope it happens.W1NGMAN-

That's the type of statement I look forward to, since a 9.5 flop would be the most comic thing ever.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"] Technically. But the hype, from cows, is that it will be better than Forza. Which in that perspective, means it would have to be a 10.Skittles_McGee

Meh. Doesn't matter to me. Personally, I just love pointing out how it has to get a 10 to meet the hype, that's all. Talk about setting yourself up for failure.

Haha...carry on then!

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 dream431ca

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"] Forza meeting and beating GT's standards won't happen, you say? Hm, strange, I could have sworn Forza 3 did just that. Must have been my imagination.Skittles_McGee

Why ask me to make predictions? You've already made some yourself, no? Seeing as GT5 isn't out. We don't even know if it will "raise the bar". And if it does, how high it will go.

I'm going by the previews and what it looks like is GT5 will be raising the bar quite high. As you pointed out, it is a bit of a prediction, but it's looking that way nonetheless.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 dream431ca

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

heretrix

That's complete nonsense. Turn 10 has created a great franchise in Forza and they get it out the door within a reasonable amount of time.That should not be looked upon as a negative.

Yes, a reasonable amount of time for the studio that is developing it. My point is, they could do a lot better, but they choose not to.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

I really don't see how it can get anything less than a 10 here. GS painted themselves into a corner with the Forza 3 score. The gameplay would have to be absolutely horrible for it to score less and they can't give GTR 5 the same score with all of the extra content and it's graphical superiority.

heretrix

agree, a 10 is pretty much confirmed unless the online crashes and burns like what happened with launch version of socom.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 heretrix

[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"][QUOTE="FIipMode"]Anyone who calls a 9.5 a flop in is going to look silly anyway, I hope it happens.ActicEdge

That's the type of statement I look forward to, since a 9.5 flop would be the most comic thing ever.

I believe that has happened with Halo 3.And lets not for get the comical stylings of the people who were complaining about Uncharted 2's terrible 9.3 score.. TEH BIAS!!!!!! NOH!

dRuGGeRnaUt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 dRuGGeRnaUt
Member since 2006 • 1637 Posts

Which is the same score as FORZA 3.

now i know all of you are expecting that it should be greater than this score because its been developed for a longer time, more features (as listed- ex gokarting), etc

BUT lets say it does get 9.5.

Now in my opinion a 9.5 in todays date is worth more than a 9.5 that forza 3 got.

WHy woudl it be worth more? Because games have to keep up and develop more to achieve that score because standards have been set. ANd since forza 3didnt have much competition in the Sim-racing section on the consoles, it was really the best out there at that time.

NOw hypothetically speaking, if GT5 comes and does Exactly the same as forza3 with no extra features. It should not deserve the same as forza's 9.5 . Because it hasn't brought anything new to the table.

So basically what im trying to say is that If GT5 gets the same rating as FORZA 3 it wont mean that: 1. it flopped. 2. is a worse game. It could mean that it did do extra things beyond FOrza 3 but there were still some issues. 9.5 now is greater than 9.5 then.

What do u guys think?

Ribnarak

Wow, PRE-damage control... I wonder if you mr TC noticed how much of desperation this thread reeks of. I mean, It seems so absolutely desperate that I thought it was a sarcastic joke until I read your further posts.. Why would it even matter to you? By your analogy, now that say MGS4 got a 10, nothing else could ever get a ten, because ever year the bar is raised. If this is true, what does that say for Halo 3:odst?? are you saying it was superior to all the previous halo games?? I think you need to deal with the fact that iif it gets a 9.5 that's fine, and on par with forza 3. You know, you can enjoy a game without its rating numbers being high?? just a thought

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

dream431ca

Yes, a reasonable amount of time for the studio that is developing it. My point is, they could do a lot better, but they choose not to.

Your point still is invalid. Anyone with any reasonable amount of skill could do better with enough time. The problem is do you build a decent franchise and let people play it or do you wait out the majority of the generation tweaking your feature set? So far the Forza series has been fantastic. On top of that, people have actually PLAYED it. I don't have a problem with any of the time I've spent on either game.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"] Pretty much ... "HHAHAHA OMG! Enjoy your FLOP Cows :D" .... :|heretrix

I believe that has happened with Halo 3.And lets not for get the comical stylings of the people who were complaining about Uncharted 2's terrible 9.3 score.. TEH BIAS!!!!!! NOH!

The 9.3 from gametrailers was funny, people are still bitter over that. If half the games I liked got a 9.3 . . .

Halo is always good for laughs to, it has that perfect blend of blind hate vs rose tinted love making for some epic threads :P

Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Anjunaddict

[QUOTE="Ribnarak"]

Which is the same score as FORZA 3.

now i know all of you are expecting that it should be greater than this score because its been developed for a longer time, more features (as listed- ex gokarting), etc

BUT lets say it does get 9.5.

Now in my opinion a 9.5 in todays date is worth more than a 9.5 that forza 3 got.

WHy woudl it be worth more? Because games have to keep up and develop more to achieve that score because standards have been set. ANd since forza 3didnt have much competition in the Sim-racing section on the consoles, it was really the best out there at that time.

NOw hypothetically speaking, if GT5 comes and does Exactly the same as forza3 with no extra features. It should not deserve the same as forza's 9.5 . Because it hasn't brought anything new to the table.

So basically what im trying to say is that If GT5 gets the same rating as FORZA 3 it wont mean that: 1. it flopped. 2. is a worse game. It could mean that it did do extra things beyond FOrza 3 but there were still some issues. 9.5 now is greater than 9.5 then.

What do u guys think?

dRuGGeRnaUt

Wow, PRE-damage control... I wonder if you mr TC noticed how much of desperation this thread reeks of. I mean, It seems so absolutely desperate that I thought it was a sarcastic joke until I read your further posts.. Why would it even matter to you? By your analogy, now that say MGS4 got a 10, nothing else could ever get a ten, because ever year the bar is raised. If this is true, what does that say for Halo 3:odst?? are you saying it was superior to all the previous halo games?? I think you need to deal with the fact that iif it gets a 9.5 that's fine, and on par with forza 3. You know, you can enjoy a game without its rating numbers being high?? just a thought

Yeah, it does reek of damage control. Im just wondering why its taken so long for it to happen though, did cows actually expect GT5 to get a 10 up until now or something ...

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

If they score the same its up to personal preference on which one people think is better.

ActicEdge

Its always personal preference, a review itself is simply one persons opinion anyway, so thats a contradictory statement.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#85 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"] Pretty much ... "HHAHAHA OMG! Enjoy your FLOP Cows :D" .... :|heretrix

It wasn't entirely about the score, it was GT's hypocrisy that was shown when they said U2 wasn't original enough to score anything higher then turn around and give MW2 like a 9.5, 9.6 or something like that. That wasn't the first time GT had come off looking bad.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#86 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Time to develop the game doesn't mean it costs more, they took it slow and probably stopped development for months at a time and then reignited the team... I see no reason why the development time has anything to do with it, if the workers were paid by the hour it'd more likely have cost on similar rails to GT4. So anything over 9.0 is good enough for any game just 9.5 and 10 are more icing.
Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Anjunaddict
Time to develop the game doesn't mean it costs more, they took it slow and probably stopped development for months at a time and then reignited the team... I see no reason why the development time has anything to do with it, if the workers were paid by the hour it'd more likely have cost on similar rails to GT4. So anything over 9.0 is good enough for any game just 9.5 and 10 are more icing.JohnF111
I think I read that Prologues sales have paid off GT5 development anyway, so any sales from GT5 would be profit.
ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

reviewers can give gt5 the same score but they can still say its a much better game than forza3.

sometimes its not all about the score the game gets.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

W1NGMAN-

It wasn't entirely about the score, it was GT's hypocrisy that was shown when they said U2 wasn't original enough to score anything higher then turn around and give MW2 like a 9.5, 9.6 or something like that. That wasn't the first time GT had come off looking bad.

It doesn't matter and you are forgetting that a lot of the whining was about the fact that some 360 game scored higher (I forget which) . The fact of the matter is the game scored a 9.3 which is an incredibly good game and the actual review was overly positive. I believe the review said it was the best looking game they had ever seen....The amount of griping about the score was ridiculous especially the bias accusations.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

[QUOTE="chaplainDMK"][QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]Forza 3's not even old. Standards didn't just leap ahead in one year :|Anjunaddict

What? GT5 could easily be equal to Forza 3 and still score a 9.5.

This just sounds like early damage control from the GT5 crowd which is funny

I'm no fanboy, I own Forza 3 and i think its a great game. But I'm saying that if a game equals a previous game it won't get the same score. It will need to be by far better. Atleast that how it should be. Hype and opinions usualy get in the way...
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#91 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
Well standards will have changed since Forza 3 was released over a year ago but I don't think it'll make that much of a difference. If it gets the same score, it won't be a flop (the hype for this game is NOT AAAA), but it'll mean it's slightly better than Forza 3.
Wassmansdorff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Wassmansdorff
Member since 2009 • 728 Posts
Personally, it would be insulting if GameSpot gave GT5 the same score as Forza 3. I mean, come on... 16 cars on track, breathtaking graphics, 1000 cars, Track Maker playable online, Karting, day/night cycle, dynamic weather, good looking damage and rollover, *takes breath*, B-Spec mode (FIFA Manager for racing), WRC, NASCAR, 3D possibilities, Top Gear track, incredible dust lightning and movement (wind), online lobbies with up to 32 players, *takes breath*, spectator mode, YouTube replay upload, skidmarks and reverse light, custom soundtrack... ... compared to a game that supports only 8 cars on track. Seriosly, i mean... ugh.. and those are facts. With all due respect, Forza 3 seems pretty overrated today. I know a lot of people had and still have a lot of fun with it, but still.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

Asim90

Its always personal preference, a review itself is simply one persons opinion anyway, so thats a contradictory statement.

Not at all because in SW, a 9.5 game is considered superior to a 9 game. that's how the metagame works.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

W1NGMAN-

Its not really hypocisy, something people don't really seem to grasp is that nothing in Uncharted 2 is its own. MW2 getting a 9.5/9.6 shows hipocracy how? What is so unoriginal about the MW formula and what is so original about U2?

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 dream431ca

Personally, it would be insulting if GameSpot gave GT5 the same score as Forza 3. I mean, come on... 16 cars on track, breathtaking graphics, 1000 cars, Track Maker playable online, Karting, day/night cycle, dynamic weather, good looking damage and rollover, *takes breath*, B-Spec mode (FIFA Manager for racing), WRC, NASCAR, 3D possibilities, Top Gear track, incredible dust lightning and movement (wind), online lobbies with up to 32 players, *takes breath*, spectator mode, YouTube replay upload, skidmarks and reverse light, custom soundtrack... ... compared to a game that supports only 8 cars on track. Seriosly, i mean... ugh.. and those are facts. With all due respect, Forza 3 seems pretty overrated today. I know a lot of people had and still have a lot of fun with it, but still.Wassmansdorff

Can you confirm the bolded red items? Not to say I don't believe you, I really want GT5 but I never seen the bolded items confirmed.

Wassmansdorff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Wassmansdorff
Member since 2009 • 728 Posts

[QUOTE="Wassmansdorff"]Personally, it would be insulting if GameSpot gave GT5 the same score as Forza 3. I mean, come on... 16 cars on track, breathtaking graphics, 1000 cars, Track Maker playable online, Karting, day/night cycle, dynamic weather, good looking damage and rollover, *takes breath*, B-Spec mode (FIFA Manager for racing), WRC, NASCAR, 3D possibilities, Top Gear track, incredible dust lightning and movement (wind), online lobbies with up to 32 players, *takes breath*, spectator mode, YouTube replay upload, skidmarks and reverse light, custom soundtrack... ... compared to a game that supports only 8 cars on track. Seriosly, i mean... ugh.. and those are facts. With all due respect, Forza 3 seems pretty overrated today. I know a lot of people had and still have a lot of fun with it, but still.dream431ca

Can you confirm the bolded red items? Not to say I don't believe you, I really want GT5 but I never seen the bolded items confirmed.

K, give me 5 minutes.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

[QUOTE="Wassmansdorff"]Personally, it would be insulting if GameSpot gave GT5 the same score as Forza 3. I mean, come on... 16 cars on track, breathtaking graphics, 1000 cars, Track Maker playable online, Karting, day/night cycle, dynamic weather, good looking damage and rollover, *takes breath*, B-Spec mode (FIFA Manager for racing), WRC, NASCAR, 3D possibilities, Top Gear track, incredible dust lightning and movement (wind), online lobbies with up to 32 players, *takes breath*, spectator mode, YouTube replay upload, skidmarks and reverse light, custom soundtrack... ... compared to a game that supports only 8 cars on track. Seriosly, i mean... ugh.. and those are facts. With all due respect, Forza 3 seems pretty overrated today. I know a lot of people had and still have a lot of fun with it, but still.dream431ca

Skidmarks

B Spec

Particle Effects

sergemyster8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 sergemyster8
Member since 2006 • 1749 Posts

Who cares what it gets? Even if it gets a 8.5 I'm getting it.

babybinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 babybinky
Member since 2004 • 1003 Posts
its just a dumb score... gamespot has the worst ranking on reviews imo... gametrailers is the way to go...
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 dream431ca

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

[QUOTE="Wassmansdorff"]Personally, it would be insulting if GameSpot gave GT5 the same score as Forza 3. I mean, come on... 16 cars on track, breathtaking graphics, 1000 cars, Track Maker playable online, Karting, day/night cycle, dynamic weather, good looking damage and rollover, *takes breath*, B-Spec mode (FIFA Manager for racing), WRC, NASCAR, 3D possibilities, Top Gear track, incredible dust lightning and movement (wind), online lobbies with up to 32 players, *takes breath*, spectator mode, YouTube replay upload, skidmarks and reverse light, custom soundtrack... ... compared to a game that supports only 8 cars on track. Seriosly, i mean... ugh.. and those are facts. With all due respect, Forza 3 seems pretty overrated today. I know a lot of people had and still have a lot of fun with it, but still.thelastguy

Skidmarks

B Spec

Particle Effects

Thanks Dude!