So lets say GT5 gets 9.5

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

Which is the same score as FORZA 3.

now i know all of you are expecting that it should be greater than this score because its been developed for a longer time, more features (as listed- ex gokarting), etc

BUT lets say it does get 9.5.

Now in my opinion a 9.5 in todays date is worth more than a 9.5 that forza 3 got.

WHy woudl it be worth more? Because games have to keep up and develop more to achieve that score because standards have been set. ANd since forza 3didnt have much competition in the Sim-racing section on the consoles, it was really the best out there at that time.

NOw hypothetically speaking, if GT5 comes and does Exactly the same as forza3 with no extra features. It should not deserve the same as forza's 9.5 . Because it hasn't brought anything new to the table.

So basically what im trying to say is that If GT5 gets the same rating as FORZA 3 it wont mean that: 1. it flopped. 2. is a worse game. It could mean that it did do extra things beyond FOrza 3 but there were still some issues. 9.5 now is greater than 9.5 then.

What do u guys think?

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

If they score the same its up to personal preference on which one people think is better.

Avatar image for Fuhgeddabouditt
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fuhgeddabouditt
Member since 2010 • 5468 Posts
I think if it does, in SW, people will scream FLOP because of the insane hype it has gotten over the years.
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
Pro-GT5: "Higher standards in the present, it is better than Forza 3" Anti-GT5: "Took longer to develop and was hyped more only to score the same as Forza 3? A flop"
Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ribnarak

But try to understand (well this is what i believe) a 9.5 now is worth more than a 9.5 that been givento a game before.

SwagSurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SwagSurf
Member since 2009 • 3022 Posts

Pro-GT5: "Higher standards in the present, it is better than Forza 3" Anti-GT5: "Took longer to develop and was hyped more only to score the same as Forza 3? A flop"tagyhag

I agree but wouldnt consider it as a flop. Just compare the previous GT games :P

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

9.5? lulz! flop!!!! :P

mystervj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mystervj
Member since 2010 • 2213 Posts

I think if it does, in SW, people will scream FLOP because of the insane hype it has gotten over the years. Fuhgeddabouditt
It's AAA hype, it's ridiculous to claim a flop on 9.5, only UC2 had AAAA hype and it was pretty hilarious to claim that it somehow flopped with 9.5

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
Anyone who calls a 9.5 a flop in is going to look silly anyway, I hope it happens.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ActicEdge

But try to understand (well this is what i believe) a 9.5 now is worth more than a 9.5 that been givento a game before.

Ribnarak

In some respects. I don't think that a 9.5 now is worth more than a 9.5 then, I just think it means you had a higher bar to achieve and should have achieved it considering you have had an extra year of knowledge, influence and work.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tagyhag

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]Pro-GT5: "Higher standards in the present, it is better than Forza 3" Anti-GT5: "Took longer to develop and was hyped more only to score the same as Forza 3? A flop"SwagSurf

I agree but wouldnt consider it as a flop. Just compare the previous GT games :P

If it scores a 9.5 it would have done much better critically than its predecessors, but you also have to recall the insane amount of hype that this one holds over the other ones.
Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ribnarak

[QUOTE="Ribnarak"]

ActicEdge

In some respects. I don't think that a 9.5 now is worth more than a 9.5 then, I just think it means you had a higher bar to achieve and should have achieved it considering you have had an extra year of knowledge, influence and work.

yeah maybe i wrote that in a wrong way. But even if GT5 scores the same, it could still mean that the game is better than forza 3.

johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

it has to

if it doesnt it will be the laughing stock of the year even if it gets a 9. cuzPS3 fanboys went on and onabout it blowing forza outta the water for months

ManicAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#14 ManicAce
Member since 2009 • 3267 Posts
I agree that a newer game sort of has to go against higher standards, but FZ3 isn't that old really, 9.5 imo would put them on par. It's still a great score no matter how you put it, only an idiot would call a 9.5 a flop.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="Ribnarak"]

Ribnarak

yeah maybe i wrote that in a wrong way. But even if GT5 scores the same, it could still mean that the game is better than forza 3.

Very well could. In complete honesty it will probably be technically superior with more features and gameplay mechanics. Not sure whether that makes the game better though as opposed to more content heavy, prettier and potentially deeper.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33425 Posts
Again, I think if it gets 9.5 it's a flop. Needs a 10/10 to really do good.
mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts
even though it isnt a flop if it gets a 9, i will still consider the game a failue, considering the amount of time put into it only to have it score worse than a series that puts out the games 2-3 times faster.
akira2465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 akira2465
Member since 2004 • 1194 Posts

The Current hype is 9.5 so it's not a flop. In terms of being compared to Forza, it makes them equal in my eyes because of the score but when the next Forza comes out , it will likely get a lower score if it doesn't add more features/cars/tracks etc because GT5 set the bar really high.

LucLongleyMVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LucLongleyMVP
Member since 2010 • 84 Posts
Cows hyped it as the greatest racer of all time if it cant beat out Forza III which was only in development for 2 years its ownage for lemmings. In the real world though the game will probably be better then Forza III if all the hype pans out.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50536 Posts

The Current hype is 9.5 so it's not a flop. In terms of being compared to Forza, it makes them equal in my eyes because of the score but when the next Forza comes out , it will likely get a lower score if it doesn't add more features/cars/tracks etc because GT5 set the bar really high.

akira2465
There is no 9.5 hype. It's AA or AAA.
Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts

I'm thinking about creating a thread titled "So let's say GT5 gets a 6.5", because it looks like every scenario is being discussed :roll:

akira2465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 akira2465
Member since 2004 • 1194 Posts

[QUOTE="akira2465"]

Chutebox

There is no 9.5 hype. It's AA or AAA.

My Bad, it's 9.0- 9.5 I just took the highest score, I should have said AAA

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts

PS3 fan will say GT5 is better because of standards while 360 fans say it a flop because of the hype and dev time it should have been better than forza 3. it stupid either way just because games score that same doesn't have anything to do with how they compare to other games even in their same genre. for example COD4 and MW2 both got 9.0's here. does anyone think MW2 is as good as COD4? anyone who played both KNOWS cod4 IS better than MW2. that is why i hate scoring systems. creates stupid debates like this when in fact there is no point

mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts

PS3 fan will say GT5 is better because of standards while 360 fans say it a flop because of the hype and dev time it should have been better than forza 3. it stupid either way just because games score that same doesn't have anything to do with how they compare to other games even in their same genre. for example COD4 and MW2 both got 9.0's here. does anyone think MW2 is as good as COD4? anyone who played both KNOWS cod4 IS better than MW2. that is why i hate scoring systems. creates stupid debates like this when in fact there is no point

Ragashahs
the problem is with the scoring system itself though. when you go on a stupid .5 scale like everyone seems to be doing nowadays, this will happen constantly. for example, if cod4 was a 9.2 game, too bad it gets dropped to a 9. if mw2 was a 8.7 game, too bad it gets bumped up to 9. theres the problem. if things were like the old days everything would be more clear cut.
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#25 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts
Can I ask what is with all these "lets say GT5 gets ____ (insert score) threads lately?
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tagyhag

Ragashahs

Both games were reviewed by different people. One might have given COD 4 an 8.0 while the other could have given MW2 the same score. Who reviews it matters a lot (For example, Half-Life 2 would have gotten a 10 if Kevin-V would have reviewed it)

I agree that the whole SW hype/flop thing is flawed, but it's all in good fun until people start to take it very seriously. :P

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="Ragashahs"]

mtradr43

the problem is with the scoring system itself though. when you go on a stupid .5 scale like everyone seems to be doing nowadays, this will happen constantly. for example, if cod4 was a 9.2 game, too bad it gets dropped to a 9. if mw2 was a 8.7 game, too bad it gets bumped up to 9. theres the problem. if things were like the old days everything would be more clear cut.

Who says it works like that? Do you think that if the reviewers feels a game is a 9.9 its automatically bumped to 10? This isn't rounding here. A game could be an 8.8 but if the reviewer feels that the game doesn't match the requirements of a 9, bump it down instead of up. You're only speculating that that is how it works.

RedlineRPM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RedlineRPM
Member since 2010 • 57 Posts

I think your a PS3 fanboy.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="Ragashahs"]

tagyhag

Both games were reviewed by different people. One might have given COD 4 an 8.0 while the other could have given MW2 the same score. Who reviews it matters a lot (For example, Half-Life 2 would have gotten a 10 if Kevin-V would have reviewed it)

I agree that the whole SW hype/flop thing is flawed, but it's all in good fun until people start to take it very seriously. :P

The whole staff has a say when it comes to big games. they don't just say that "since you think its a 10, give it a 10", when its something of that caliber they certainly all discuss it.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tagyhag

the problem is with the scoring system itself though. when you go on a stupid .5 scale like everyone seems to be doing nowadays, this will happen constantly. for example, if cod4 was a 9.2 game, too bad it gets dropped to a 9. if mw2 was a 8.7 game, too bad it gets bumped up to 9. theres the problem. if things were like the old days everything would be more clear cut.mtradr43
It might not necessarily work like that (The estimation and all) But I do agree that SW would be a lot more fun if the old review system was back.

We must make a petition! :P

Rhino53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Rhino53
Member since 2008 • 2552 Posts

GT5 gets 9.5..... there I said it

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tagyhag

The whole staff has a say when it comes to big games. they don't just say that "since you think its a 10, give it a 10", when its something of that caliber they certainly all discuss it.

ActicEdge

But Kevin himself said it, and I don't want him to ban me so I believe him. :P

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

9.5 is the score it should get imo , the standards have raised during time since forza was released and it will keep system wars peaceful , my personal score is 10 tho with no doubt

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I really don't see how it can get anything less than a 10 here. GS painted themselves into a corner with the Forza 3 score. The gameplay would have to be absolutely horrible for it to score less and they can't give GTR 5 the same score with all of the extra content and it's graphical superiority.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

[QUOTE="mtradr43"] the problem is with the scoring system itself though. when you go on a stupid .5 scale like everyone seems to be doing nowadays, this will happen constantly. for example, if cod4 was a 9.2 game, too bad it gets dropped to a 9. if mw2 was a 8.7 game, too bad it gets bumped up to 9. theres the problem. if things were like the old days everything would be more clear cut.tagyhag

It might not necessarily work like that (The estimation and all) But I do agree that SW would be a lot more fun if the old review system was back.

We must make a petition! :P

Ugh. Do we really want to go back to arguing .1 score differences? :(

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tagyhag

9.5 is the score it should get imo , the standards have raised during time since forza was released and it will keep system wars peaceful , my personal score is 10 tho with no doubt

AmnesiaHaze

Yeah but who actually wants that? :lol:

93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
Nope. A 9.5 now and a 9.5 a year ago (when Forza launched) it`s the same thing
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tagyhag

Ugh. Do we really want to go back to arguing .1 score differences? :(

heretrix

I find it more decisive than arguing about which game is better based on a few pixels. :P

Remember GeoW 2 vs Resistance 2?

That was such an anticlimactic day.

warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts

Which is the same score as FORZA 3.

now i know all of you are expecting that it should be greater than this score because its been developed for a longer time, more features (as listed- ex gokarting), etc

BUT lets say it does get 9.5.

Now in my opinion a 9.5 in todays date is worth more than a 9.5 that forza 3 got.

WHy woudl it be worth more? Because games have to keep up and develop more to achieve that score because standards have been set. ANd since forza 3didnt have much competition in the Sim-racing section on the consoles, it was really the best out there at that time.

NOw hypothetically speaking, if GT5 comes and does Exactly the same as forza3 with no extra features. It should not deserve the same as forza's 9.5 . Because it hasn't brought anything new to the table.

So basically what im trying to say is that If GT5 gets the same rating as FORZA 3 it wont mean that: 1. it flopped. 2. is a worse game. It could mean that it did do extra things beyond FOrza 3 but there were still some issues. 9.5 now is greater than 9.5 then.

What do u guys think?

Ribnarak

if forza 3 got a 9.5 with no competition, and GT5 got a 9.5 with competition, sorry bub, that would make GT5s 9.5 better.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
Anything between 94% and 97% on Metacritic is a great success from my point of view, on gamespot Anything Between AAA and AAAA is good enough.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

tagyhag

It seems conflicting with what he said about SMG2.

That's such craziness I don't even know how to respond.

We take a 10 seriously. This is only the 7th game in this site's history to receive one. The entire reviews team had a very long discussion about this game. And the fact of the matter is, SMG2 could not have been meaningfully improved. It is one surprise after another, one new trick after another, one gleeful section followed by one even more gleeful than the last. The review spells it all out. This game is constantly surprising, constantly entertaining. It is filled with variety. You never know what is in store for you, what slice of beauty will next be served up. What makes it special is that it DOESN'T rely on nostalgia to be good. It is pure fun in video game form--an essentially flawless stream of delights and joy, with no problems of note to distract you from its awesomeness. It is in our minds the most utterly refined platformer ever created--so astounding that it is hard to imagine how it could be built upon.

That's a 10. Amazing is amazing. It happens to be a Mario game, but that's beside the point. SMG2 is impossible to dislike and impossible to put down. But you know--you could read the review. That's the part everyone seems to miss.

Kevin V

Doesn't sound like 1 person can decide a 10 for the entire site.

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts
Cows hyped it as the greatest racer of all time if it cant beat out Forza III which was only in development for 2 years its ownage for lemmings. In the real world though the game will probably be better then Forza III if all the hype pans out. LucLongleyMVP
2 YEARS? Hasn't there been 2 forza games this gen? So in fact Forza 3 should have been balzed out. While this will be the first full GT game on the ps3.
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#43 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

What do u guys think?Ribnarak

I think you should be able to enjoy a game regardless of what an individual Gamespot reviewer thinks of it.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
Forza 3's not even old. Standards didn't just leap ahead in one year :|
Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ribnarak

Forza 3's not even old. Standards didn't just leap ahead in one year :|Skittles_McGee

by standards i mean: online play feature, some customization, damage, etc.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tagyhag

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

ActicEdge

I'd find you the thread, but Gamespot's search system sucks. It was a "PC still has no AAAA" thread.
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]Forza 3's not even old. Standards didn't just leap ahead in one year :|Ribnarak

by standards i mean: online play feature, some customization, damage, etc.

I know. But standards are still pretty much the same. Like I said, they didn't suddenly leap ahead. A 9.5 now isn't any different.
darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts

Ribnarak
Really........than how do explain Halo ODST?
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

tagyhag

I'd find you the thread, but Gamespot's search system sucks. It was a "PC still has no AAAA" thread.

Read my edit, and agreed, GS search system is horrid.

Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
Well ill just be glad to own two 9.5 racing sim games then :)