So... If you criticize Dragon Age 2 Bioware can disable your games and accont.

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#151 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Turns out it was a glitch (according to EA, anyway; conspiracy theories no doubt to follow), and that they had meant to suspend only his BioWare Social account (which is still a **** move, but at least a quasi-understandable one).

PBSnipes

I knew it.

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

[QUOTE="ampiva"]You can ban him from the forum, sure. But why the games? He paid for them, they have absolutely no right.Dire_Weasel

Heh. Read the EULA some time. They absolutely have the right.

EULA doesn't overwrite consumer laws. I don't know how those laws are in his country, but in mine he could sue EA and win.

Boomshaffted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 Boomshaffted
Member since 2009 • 721 Posts
Why do I get the feeling we're not getting the whole story?...
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 heretrix

[QUOTE="Dire_Weasel"]

[QUOTE="ampiva"]You can ban him from the forum, sure. But why the games? He paid for them, they have absolutely no right.Icarian

EULA doesn't overwrite consumer laws. I don't know how those laws are in his country, but in mine he could sue EA and win.

He wouldn't get a dime. Anywhere.

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts

Well, it looks like it's EA Community rules, and not Bioware's. I don't think Bioware is to blame, it came from up top.

Anyways, calling EA bad names is against their Community TOU and they can ban you from using their products. That's crazy, lol. :|

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts

Turns out it was a glitch (according to EA, anyway; conspiracy theories no doubt to follow), and that they had meant to suspend only his BioWare Social account (which is still a **** move, but at least a quasi-understandable one).

PBSnipes

OK, so everything seems settled to me. Makes sense.

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

[QUOTE="Icarian"]

[QUOTE="Dire_Weasel"]

heretrix

I should've been more specific. I meant a case if the ban would've been more permanent one.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

[QUOTE="Dire_Weasel"]

I'm sure if you single yourself out as a real D-bag on the forums you can get your account deactivated. I sincerely doubt that one individual sentence got him banned, despite whatever this guy claims.

The honest truth is that I as a software developer want your business, but there's a point where you are absolutely not worth the grief that you might be causing compared to the money I might make from you.

EDIT: Only a 72 hour ban? For a game that the poster clearly hates? What the heck is this guy crying about?

gamer-adam1

nope for PC users who post anything bad on the forums WILL 99% of the time get you banned from playing the game you bought. it really takes 1 sentence, I've seen it before, its why I now stay away from EA forums.

Nah, you can bash and critisize Battlefield all day.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Icarian"]

Icarian

I should've been more specific. I meant a case if the ban would've been more permanent one.

No problem man.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#161 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

[QUOTE="PBSnipes"]

heretrix

I knew it.

No you didn't........ You've been on here defending Bioware and EA like your life depended on it saying it's his fault for calling them the devil. Don't give me the "I knew it was a mistake" BS You're not fooling anyone.
Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Shielder7

PBSnipes
Sounds like they're just covering their A**. I mean he was told by the both EA's live support, and the moderator that he was locked out of his game and only now they're retracting it. Kinda hard to swallow it if you ask me... I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Bioware forum accounts and EA accounts are not even hooked up to the same system.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="PBSnipes"]

Shielder7

I knew it.

No you didn't........ You've been on here defending Bioware and EA like your life depended on it saying it's his fault for calling them the devil. Don't give me the "I knew it was a mistake" BS You're not fooling anyone.

Yes I did. From my first post in this thread:

"It sounds like a tech support issue, not a whining on a game forums issue; which, by the way, he wouldn't be in this position right now if he didn't spend so much time doing the latter."

Duh.

And then I said THIS:

"We don't know everything so going off on tangents (not saying you did) and accusing EABioware of being awful,awful people is just silly. This is only happing to one dude who admitted to being a troll on the EA forum. I doubt that he's the first and Ea's actviation policy has been around for a while. Why hasn't this happened before? Something is fishy."

Hmmm. Yes I knew it.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Shielder7

[QUOTE="Shielder7"][QUOTE="heretrix"]I knew it.

heretrix

"It sounds like a tech support issue, not a whining on a game forums issue; which, by the way, he wouldn't be in this position right now if he didn't spend so much time doing the latter."

Duh.

And then I said THIS:

"We don't know everything so going off on tangents (not saying you did) and accusing EABioware of being awful,awful people is just silly. This is only happing to one dude who admitted to being a troll on the EA forum. I doubt that he's the first and Ea's actviation policy has been around for a while. Why hasn't this happened before? Something is fishy."

Hmmm. Yes I knew it.

No you didn't you made 101 excuses for bioware so 1 was bound to be right but at the same time it wasn't they have already said it was "Human error" So you were wrong they were just covering their A**
ghostofzabis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 ghostofzabis
Member since 2005 • 2601 Posts

http://www.shacknews.com/article/55656/ea-not-banning-game-access

Hmm, history repeats itself?

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Shielder7"] No you didn't........ You've been on here defending Bioware and EA like your life depended on it saying it's his fault for calling them the devil. Don't give me the "I knew it was a mistake" BS You're not fooling anyone.Shielder7

Duh.

And then I said THIS:

Hmmm. Yes I knew it.

No you didn't you made 101 excuses for bioware so 1 was bound to be right but at the same time it wasn't they have already said it was "Human error" So you were wrong they were just covering their A**

So basically you are just going to ignore written proof and just continue with nonsense eh?

Fine.

A. It was never Biowares fault

B. here's something else I said from this very thread:

"I don't agree with EA's policies, in fact I still refuse to this day to buy their Madden games becuase of the deal they have with the NFL."

I've written proof. What to you have?

I haven't been defending EA or Bioware, what I HAVE been doing is saying this whole thing sounds a bit off FROM THE VERY BEGINNING.

Again, I turned out to be right. Deal with it..I don't care who you think is covering their ass, If you can't prove that they are and that this wasn't just a technical screw up, then just stop. There are thousands of copies of the game out there and this issue only happened to one person. Do the math.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Shielder7

LMAO What proof have you actually looked at what you wrote? 90% of it is "This guy deserved it & it's not Biowares fault" I think you would defend Bioware if they set off a Nuclear Bomb.

The most hilarious thing about all of this is that the dude bought the game DIRECTLY from EA, then decided to troll them on their forums before he activated his game..He's in a hell of his own design. This isn't to say EA is in the right here but..lol. Not the smartest move.

heretrix

It's EA's fault not Bioware.

I can't believe people are defending some genius that would call someone out on being evil or the devil and yet, spend money with them. If he really wanted to play DA 2 he could have bought it from a number of places other than EA directly. Like I said earlier, the dude is in a hell of his own making. I got no sympathy for him.

Has anyone noticed that this is the only person this has happened to? I could be wrong but....just sayin. heretrix

Something is fishy.

The main thing about all of this that really sets me against this guy is that he bought the game from EA directly AFTER calling them the devil. Either he's nuts or not very smart. There are quite a few places he could have bought the game from if he needed it that bad.heretrix

:roll:

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Shielder7

Again, I turned out to be right. Deal with it..I don't care who you think is covering their ass, If you can't prove that they are and that this wasn't just a technical screw up, then just stop. There are thousands of copies of the game out there and this issue only happened to one person. Do the math.heretrix
Prove LMAO again. So this glitch caused his account to be banned and this "glitch in the system" went on to actively lock threads discussing the subject while Bioware staff justified the ban and talked down to anyone who disagred? Oh thats rich. You want to believe that go ahead but I but I got something called common sense that won't let me.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 heretrix

LMAO What proof have you actually looked at what you wrote? 90% of it is "This guy deserved it & it's not Biowares fault" I think you would defend Bioware if they set off a Nuclear Bomb.Shielder7

Lol you are only saying that because I have Shepard as my avatar. That's silly. Be that as it may, think what you will.

What are you trying to prove? Do I think the guy was stupid? Hell yeah. I said that repeatedly.I don't have ANY sympathy for him, and I still don't. Do I think what happened was a mistake? Yes. This problem happened twice in almost two in a half years. Would you call that a policy? They've sold millions of games and thousands of copies of DA2 and this has only happened twice. Like I said do the math. Does that sound like a policy to you?

Beyond that think what you will. I don't give a crap who you think I'm "defending". I know what I said.You can get pissed off unnecesarily all you want friend.