So... If you criticize Dragon Age 2 Bioware can disable your games and accont.

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Shielder7"] LMAO Thats a lot better than what most people say when they march back into a store dissatisfied with a product he never used curse words did he? Reguardless of what you say apawn being displeased with an item the store manager does not have the right to hit your product with a hammer and say " Satisfied now?" Which is essentually what Bioware did unless of course it was just a forum bann which I'm still unsure of.Shielder7

You don't need to curse at someone to insult them. And if you do, that's kind of sad.

I never said you did but it happens and I can say I'd rather have somone call me a devil than a F****** ***** ***** ..

It doesn't matter. They are still displeased with you. It's still an insult.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

[QUOTE="Shielder7"][QUOTE="Locutus_Picard"] He can't access his DLC he purchased. In other words...he is locked out from content from a single player game, that requires online activation is by standards ridicilous enough on itself, that he already payed for. Don't you find it odd that EA/BioWare...but in this case EA has total control on how you can access your content? This whole EA-ass, EA-account, EA-this, EA-that has just been a trojan horse to ultimately control their own content.heretrix

Than he has a right to be upset and Bioware should not be aloud to do that. They have a right to forum ban him but not lock him out of content he paid for.

I think you guys need to start reading the EULA of the games you play. It's kind of sad how many people don't know what their rights actually are.

You guys spend all of this money on software not aware of the fact that you don't own anything. You are paying for a license. These companies can and will do anything to protect their investment. When you log into a company website you are in their domain. You don't have any rights except the ones they give you. It's amazing how people don't get this. You can be outrages all you want but I suggest you spend that energy reading those EULAs.

I stay away from companies/games/software that enforce me a bad EULA. Aside from PS3 EULA, Metal Gear Online and Demon's Souls...I dont have much EULA to abide to. And I try to stay as much as possible from EA, Bio(Traitor)Ware and other companies that try to big brother you.

So please don't give me nonsense that I don't even know what I am agreeing to. It's EULA's like those of EA and Bio(Mal)Ware shouldn't even exist in the first place if we are to keep a healthy state of mind for gamers.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#54 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

[QUOTE="Shielder7"][QUOTE="Locutus_Picard"] He can't access his DLC he purchased. In other words...he is locked out from content from a single player game, that requires online activation is by standards ridicilous enough on itself, that he already payed for. Don't you find it odd that EA/BioWare...but in this case EA has total control on how you can access your content? This whole EA-ass, EA-account, EA-this, EA-that has just been a trojan horse to ultimately control their own content.heretrix

Than he has a right to be upset and Bioware should not be aloud to do that. They have a right to forum ban him but not lock him out of content he paid for.

I think you guys need to start reading the EULA of the games you play. It's kind of sad how many people don't know what their rights actually are.

You guys spend all of this money on software not aware of the fact that you don't own anything. You are paying for a license. These companies can and will do anything to protect their investment. When you log into a company website you are in their domain. You don't have any rights except the ones they give you. It's amazing how people don't get this. You can be outrages all you want but I suggest you spend that energy reading those EULAs.

He didn't break anyterms of use with set software and should not be banned from using it. You own the box, the disk and anything thats on the box that it says it has. If not than it can be considered false advertising he didn't break anyterms of use with set software that he bought.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 heretrix

So please don't give me nonsense that I don't even know what I am agreeing to. It's EULA's like those of EA and Bio(Mal)Ware shouldn't even exist in the first place if we are to keep a healthy state of mind for gamers.

Locutus_Picard

What? The hell?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

[QUOTE="Shielder7"][QUOTE="heretrix"]You don't need to curse at someone to insult them. And if you do, that's kind of sad.

heretrix

I never said you did but it happens and I can say I'd rather have somone call me a devil than a F****** ***** ***** ..

Oh and I'm sure it explains in the EULA not to call EA the devil on their official forums. Calling that an insult is kinda of a stretch if you ask me.
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

Wow, I feel for you TC. I wonder when did these people got the idea they have the right to control free speech by bricking a product you paid them money for. You jest about their corporate culture, which is real by the way, and you get banned from playing a game. This should get spread out to the press and let them make a big deal out of it.

Brendissimo35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1

#58 Brendissimo35
Member since 2005 • 1934 Posts

This is absurd. Why have we not heard of something like this happening before? How they want to manage their forums is their business, but there's no excuse for cutting off a paying customer from produects that, for all intents and purposes, belong to him. And all over a critical forum comment.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Shielder7"] I never said you did but it happens and I can say I'd rather have somone call me a devil than a F****** ***** ***** ..Crossel777

Oh and I'm sure it explains in the EULA not to call EA the devil on their official forums. Calling that an insult is kinda of a stretch if you ask me.

IMO It doesn't matter wht he said as long as he didn't break terms of use with the software he paid for they have no right to brick him out of it. Forum ban yes bricking no.
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

wow... that's like buying a tv, then telling the manufacturer it has a blurry picture; so they send a guy to your house, who takes a hammer to it. then he says "how's the picture now? thanks for wasting your money". they literally broke his product

forget the legality of it, that's simply inexcusable and child-like behavior.

2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#61 2-10-08
Member since 2008 • 2775 Posts

PC gamers get what they pay for...

They pay $3000 and still can't play the games they buy.

Kandlegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Kandlegoat
Member since 2009 • 3147 Posts

I wanna see all of the GS Bioware Apologists come on and try and make up excuses for this.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

2-10-08
who payed $3000 for a pc? :| who even payed a third of that?
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
[QUOTE="2-10-08"]

Sword-Demon
who payed $3000 for a pc? :| who even payed a third of that?

Alienware customers.
Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 Mazoch
Member since 2004 • 2473 Posts
If you haven't consumed your CD keys yet, whats preventing you from just singing up for a new account for the new game / DLC? If you've already consumed the keys, registered the game and downloaded the DLC, whats keeping you from playing the game?
Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

Luckily there's an easy way to circumvent this; don't post on sites owned by EA.
Or don't buy games by EA. Either one will work.

DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DarkblueNinja
Member since 2009 • 1016 Posts

I wanna see all of the GS Bioware Apologists come on and try and make up excuses for this.

Kandlegoat

The excueses will probaly be something like this: It wasn't us who did it...its the the demon it told us to do it!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

Kandlegoat
Bioware's got nothing to do with this.
Shake_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Shake_McGee
Member since 2011 • 58 Posts
I never supported them anyways. I think they're highly overrated.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61551 Posts

2-10-08

Arbitrary numbers always prove points...

Why do people keep stating these ridiculous numbers?

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#71 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

so bioware can dish out insults,but can't take them? lollawlessx

I regularly post over there so I can honestly say, there's a fine line between criticizing the game and just trolling/flaming. There's a lot of flaming of the game on that forum, so anyone getting suspended most likely deserves it.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#72 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

There's one thing I've taken from this story.

Do not post on EA's forums. Even though I feel that I'm a civil poster on forums, I don't want to forfeit my ability to play a game because of a simple mistake somewhere down the line or because I feel like criticizing a game.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#73 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
I'm so glad I'm no longer supporting EA...
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#74 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Probably sick of the whining - besides, why is he complaining about not being able to play it if he thinks they've sold out. It must be bad to him right?
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

You will play DA 2, and you will DAMN WELL LIKE IT.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#76 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

Not surprised. I remember reading an article a couple years back stating that EA used to erase criticism thrown at them from Wikipedia.

No joke.

gamer-adam1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 gamer-adam1
Member since 2008 • 4188 Posts

[QUOTE="2-10-08"]

lundy86_4

its a cheap alienware computer :P

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61551 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="2-10-08"]

gamer-adam1

its a cheap alienware computer :P

Haha, that's their entry-level computer!

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts

[QUOTE="Jynxzor"]

On the other hand this is another issue people have with Digital Distro, you think you "own" something but in fact servers could go down after a contracted period of time. Even OnLive only promises it's titles for so many years and then they are subject for "removal"

Yay...cloud?

DreamCryotank

That might be the case with Onlive, but it's certainly not the case with Steam, or any over DD service.

Not so true, not even Steam can promise that your content will always be available to Re-download. Then again at least you actually INSTAL your steam games and are not playing them on some server. Steam could very well be dismantled someday and any content that you don't have on your drive is subject to be unobtainable. Thats the big issue with Cloud Computing is your never really "own" your stuff. Your just renting the access to it.
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#80 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

What? You mean they'll be able to keep you from playing the games? That's bull. Poor guy man and no one did anything huh. Shame.

RandomWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 RandomWinner
Member since 2010 • 3751 Posts

I shouldn't say this, but its been long enough. My nail in the coffin of a previous account was sarcasm. It was a topic about how PC/360 games should be counted or atleast considered when a AAAE debate which was only the PS3 vs. 360 was brought up. This is something I agreed with. So I type "TC you stupid idiot, everyone knows that PS3 owners all own their own gaming PC". I was a little too subtle and I lost my account. Which was frustrating, since I agreed with the guy I was "flaming". So I'm not outing mods here or anything, please don't get hostile here, I'm just saying that, while I think you should absolutely be able to play a game you payed for, and EA has no right to ban you, you need to be carful with what you say on the internet. I think if I had said what I said without sarcasm I should have been banned, and since there is no way of telling I don't blame GS.

Obviously, different situation here. I don't think anyone should be banned from a game they haven't played yet and certainly shouldn't be banned from it via an internet forum. Obviously, its something the guy shouldn't have said, but the consequences should fit the crime when they can. And the consequence should not have been the banning from a videogame that has not been played yet.

DerpyMcDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#82 DerpyMcDerp
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

lol Why would anyone buy a single player game?

Everyone knows multiplayer games are the best. TC should have saved his money and got himself a copy of Black Ops. :D

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

[QUOTE="2-10-08"]

lundy86_4

Implying they actually have the mental capability to do anything else other than that.

And I wonder if they have any openings at Bioware for ex-Gestapo/Nazi death squad members..

Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#84 Mr_Ditters
Member since 2008 • 1920 Posts

Man there is some serious nazi crap going on with these EULA's. Who do these people think they are?

Just absolutely ridiculous...

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
this is rediculous. I'm sure it's EA.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#86 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Did that really happen? Sounds like it pretty strict over there.

sillaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 sillaris
Member since 2008 • 1083 Posts

pirates: 1, Paying customers: 0

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts
Well, I didn't have to activate my version to play it... Very good game, btw, if not a bit short.
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

He should stop payment for the game if he purchased it online.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

Wow, now that is pathetic. EA can now ban users from accessing their games and DLC if they get reported? It's a useful feature for multiplayer as it keeps the idiots, cheaters and racists from ruining a game session but banning a user from playing their games offline?? Now that is a bit too much.

I haven't played DA :O (got sick watching that crap ass Marilyn Mannison trailer of the game. Bleh) and don't plan to play DA 2.

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

Wow, now that is pathetic. EA can now ban users from accessing their games and DLC if they get reported? It's a useful feature for multiplayer as it keeps the idiots, cheaters and racists from ruining a game session but banning a user from playing their games offline?? Now that is a bit too much.

I haven't played DA :O (got sick watching that crap ass Marilyn Mannison trailer of the game. Bleh) and don't plan to play DA 2.

fend_oblivion

If you're going to insult one of the best bands of the 90's at least spell it right.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

lol Why would anyone buy a single player game?

Everyone knows multiplayer games are the best. TC should have saved his money and got himself a copy of Black Ops. :D

DerpyMcDerp

Unfortunately, this is not a joke.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

[QUOTE="fend_oblivion"]

spookykid143

If you're going to insult one of the best bands of the 90's at least spell it right.

Sorry about that. I really don't like Brian Hugh Warner's music :? The trailer and the song "This is the new ****" (I think that's the name of the song) was terrible.

deleterguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deleterguy
Member since 2005 • 1827 Posts
EA is quickly getting as evil as Activision.
Batang_X990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Batang_X990
Member since 2010 • 939 Posts
that would be fun to watch lol. fortunately, i like every bioware game i've played so far.
theBeorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 theBeorn
Member since 2003 • 1378 Posts
wow, you acted like a douche but they banning you from a single player game that you bought legit? I think it's safe to say I'm not buying from them again until they change their ways.
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#97 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

While i cannot comment on the story at hand.

all this Bioware hate reminds me of what the Green Goblin once said.

"Well, to each his own. I chose my path, you chose the way of the hero. And they found you amusing for a while, the people of this city. But the one thing they love more than a hero is to see a hero fail, fall, die trying. In spite of everything you've done for them, eventually they will hate you. Why bother?"

Sort of random, but that quote just reminded me of the situation as of late with Bioware and Crytek hate.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#98 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

For starters it's not illegal for EA or Bioware to ban someone from playing their game, specially if someone clicks the "ok" or "I agree" button after ToS or EUL or w/e they call it and that person breaks it, if you get banned form GS and have a premium account, you don't get your money back. Just cause you spent money on something doesn't give you a out of jail free card.

If that guy is anything like the trolls who've been bashing DA2 on SW and the DA2 forums I guarantee you he didn't just say "you sold your souls to EA".

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 heretrix

For starters it's not illegal for EA or Bioware to ban someone from playing their game, specially if someone clicks the "ok" or "I agree" button after ToS or EUL or w/e they call it and that person breaks it, if you get banned form GS and have a premium account, you don't get your money back. Just cause you spent money on something doesn't give you a out of jail free card.

If that guy is anything like the trolls who've been bashing DA2 on SW and the DA2 forums I guarantee you he didn't just say "you sold your souls to EA".

Ballroompirate

The most hilarious thing about all of this is that the dude bought the game DIRECTLY from EA, then decided to troll them on their forums before he activated his game..

He's in a hell of his own design. This isn't to say EA is in the right here but..lol. Not the smartest move.

ampiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#100 ampiva
Member since 2010 • 1251 Posts
[QUOTE="sillaris"]

[QUOTE="spookykid143"]

[QUOTE="fend_oblivion"]

fend_oblivion

Sorry about that. I really don't like Brian Hugh Warner's music :? The trailer and the song "This is the new ****" (I think that's the name of the song) was terrible.

I liked the song, but yes the trailer was terrible because it didn't fit.