Should only console gamers care about Dragon Age?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

Poll Should only console gamers care about Dragon Age? (33 votes)

Yes PC gamers care not 30%
No, regardless of platform, everyone should care, deeply 58%
they have introduced a fully gay character like Pierce from Saints Row, but with worse writing and most likely pretentious 12%

My friends. Having recently played "Divinity: Origin Sin" roughly, 70 seconds ago, I sit and I ponder.

When Dragon Age: Origins was released, much of the excitement was for Bioware creating a CRPG in the vain of Baldurs Gate and similar DND titles.

Then, the dark days, Bioware sold more, EA marketing "advised" them and we had a hack and slash rushed game significantly dumbed down and clearly designed with console primarily in mind.

And now we are in the present, years on from Dragon Age. With promises of Dragon Age 3 being a merger of the two, learning from Dragon Age 2's mistake.

Since Dragon Age, we now have had kickstarter. A great deal of CRPG's, without EA's handle on them are either coming or in fruition.

At this point, since console gamers don't have DnD style RPG's and Dragon Age 3, will probably have an "illusion" of combat, should it only be people on console hardware, giving a shit?

• 
BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

You sir need to be entered in a filter on these forums. So I can uncheck you and not see the threads you make...

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

You sir need to be entered in a filter on these forums. So I can uncheck you and not see the threads you make...

hear, hear!

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#3 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I actually had no Idea Pierce was gay. The only time he Dresses like that was in that DLC and that was to get Tag to stop rampaging all over the place.

But what does having a Gay person in a video game have anything to do with Dragon Age or Dungeon Crawling RPGs?

I don't have too much hopes for Inquisition, but I'm sure there are others that do care and would like to play that game regardless of what platform they choose to play it on.

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

This isn't relevant at all.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@sam890 said:

This isn't relevant at all.

well looking at the TC, why would it be?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58987 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I actually had no Idea Pierce was gay. The only time he Dresses like that was in that DLC and that was to get Tag to stop rampaging all over the place.

My friend, dressing flamboyantly doesn't make one gay. In Saints Row deep lore, Pierce retorts "i don't usually swing the other way". While (being mature) Saints Row kept this aspect subtle and natural, Bioware have announced like they are helping gays around the world overcome adversity.

Regardless, this is a bonus option.

As a hardcore pc gamer, I have other, better options.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

My friend, dressing flamboyantly doesn't make one gay. In Saints Row deep lore, Pierce retorts "i don't usually swing the other way". While (being mature) Saints Row kept this aspect subtle and natural, Bioware have announced like they are helping gays around the world overcome adversity.

@uninspiredcup said:

As primarily a console gamer I find pc gamers very amusing.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Oh will you stop doing that..you're not fooling anyone on this board. You're just a fakeboy

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@uninspiredcup said:

As primarily a console gamer I find pc gamers very amusing.

/Thread

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By uninspiredcup

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Oh will you stop doing that..you're not fooling anyone on this board. You're just a fakeboy

1000 steam games

I was also a professional Quake 3 player. Why you fellows keep attempting to put credibility into qeastion is very odd.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

1000 steam games

I was also a profession Quake 3 player. Why you fellows keep attempting to put credibility into qeastion is very odd.

I only see 599 steam games. You sure you copied the right steam account?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 uninspiredcup

@bldgirsh said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

1000 steam games

I was also a profession Quake 3 player. Why you fellows keep attempting to put credibility into qeastion is very odd.

600 is almost 3/4 of 1000.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@bldgirsh said:

@uninspiredcup said:

1000 steam games

Says 1000 then when found out to be lying, claims he meant "almost 3/4 of 1000"

Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 uninspiredcup

How fortunate, Kotaku appears to have just posted an article perfectly summarizing the rise of CRPG on pc.

A common line of thinking among modern video game fans goes something like this: Games have gotten dumber. Simpler. Game developers are sanding off the weird edges, dialing back the stats, making everything controller-friendly and aiming for the lowest common denominator. But if that's true, how do games like Divinity: Original Sin exist?

http://kotaku.com/im-glad-theyre-still-making-games-like-divinity-origin-1600013660

This appears to be the problem Dragon Age is having by being shackled to EA. Bioware in general, sadly.

More of a console franchise now, yes?

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#15  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

I really hate your threads man.... First of all, Dragon Age isn't for "everyone". But, if you're a fan of the series, or like medieval fantasy type rpgs, then you definitely should care about the game until given a logical reason "not" to care otherwise; ..regardless of chosen platform. I played both games on Xbox 360 last gen, and I am preordering the collectors edition of DA3 for PC.

Sure, DA2 had it's problems. The combat wasn't as in-depth as DA1. Even if the combat within DA3 does not meet expectations, how would it be irrelevant for pc gamers? lol, stop trying bait a PC vs Console war with every thread you make.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 uninspiredcup

@remiks00 said:

I really hate your threads man.... First of all, Dragon Age isn't for "everyone". But, if you're a fan of the series, or like medieval fantasy type rpgs, then you definitely should care about the game until given a logical reason "not"

"When Dragon Age: Origins was released, much of the excitement was for Bioware creating a CRPG in the vain of Baldurs Gate and similar DND titles.

Then, the dark days, Bioware sold more, EA marketing "advised" them and we had a hack and slash rushed game significantly dumbed down and clearly designed with console primarily in mind."

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

White chicks or Asian chicks?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lawlessx

@uninspiredcup said:

@bldgirsh said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

1000 steam games

so we are in agreement that you just lied about having 1000 steam games. I really dont care how many games you have..you're a fakeboy

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#21 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Should anyone care about Dragon Age 3? The answer may surprise you.

@bldgirsh said:

This would be awesomely awesome... if only for a fleeting moment.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lawlessx

@bldgirsh said:

+1 ..would help clean out afew trolls

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29825 Posts

@R3FURBISHED:

Agreed.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

finally my ban

@uninspiredcup said:

@lawlessx said:

1000 steam games

I was also a professional Quake 3 player. Why you fellows keep attempting to put credibility into qeastion is very odd.

I see some anime games there with lots of hours. i thought you didn't like those.

And thank god my ban has lifted, now I can go back to the fun!

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

Yeah, as if the number of Steam games you have is a measurement of how hardcore you are...

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@bldgirsh said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

1000 steam games

You're clearly the worst fakeboy on GS

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

No one should care about Dragon Age. The world is a complete cliche, the writing has gone from bad to worse, the art style is almost as horrible as the graphics and the 3rd installment is showcasing the blandest most uninteresting party members yet.

Seriously if you're going to have followers so dull you might as well go the Skyrim rout and give them no personality at least than you'll have the excuse that you simply didn't care.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

@StrifeDelivery said:

Yeah, as if the number of Steam games you have is a measurement of how hardcore you are...

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

Sounds to me like they're trying to make the game more like Elder Scrolls which is the most popular non mmo rpg franchise on pc.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#31 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

No one should care about Dragon Age. Bioware can't make a good games anymore. IMO, not even the first one was good.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44568 Posts

well, some people care less about what platform they're playing a game on, some people just get totally hard for generic fantasy

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Cranler

@walloftruth said:

@Cranler said:

Sounds to me like they're trying to make the game more like Elder Scrolls which is the most popular non mmo rpg franchise on pc.

ES is only that popular because of the modding community though and I highly doubt Dragon Age 3 will be moddable.

Can you prove that Elder Scrolls wouldn't be popular on pc without mods?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

how is this garbage kid whose only purpose is to actively alienate people still able to make threads? mods are useless.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Dumb question DA3 looks great and not only graphically. Everyone who gives a crap about rpgs should care about this one.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Dumb question DA3 looks great and not only graphically. Everyone who gives a crap about rpgs should care about this one.

da 2 says hi. Anything can happen with bioware at this point, any person that values their money should wait for reviews and opinions to make an informed purchase.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

how is this garbage kid whose only purpose is to actively alienate people still able to make threads? mods are useless.

Indeed...I was unable to post for 3 days due to having too many of my posts 'flagged'. How does this guy get away with it?!

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

If you like DA Origins, you should be more interested in Pillars of Eternity

If you liked DA2, you should be more interested in Inquisition.

Myself, after fucking up DA with 2, and it seems inquisition will keep goin down that path, i'll be watching POE.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14900 Posts

When will idiots stop praising Dragon Age Origins?

Its by far the most overrated game that Bioware has ever made. The story is so damned clichéd, the combat is broken, and the world is nothing interesting.

It would have been better of Bioware made Jade Empire II instead in its place.

And Inquisition, looks like I may have to pass on this one. They have no more excuses for rehashing their story this time.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By uninspiredcup
@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

@Cranler said:

ES is only that popular because of the modding community though and I highly doubt Dragon Age 3 will be moddable.

A good indication to ascertaining this answer could lay in the download count.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/top/?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Cranler

@uninspiredcup said:
@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

@Cranler said:

How does that prove anything? Are you implying that if consolites had access to Skyrim mods they would not download them?

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:
@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

@Cranler said:

You have to understand that not everybody is as mentally challenged as you.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Cranler said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

@Cranler said:

How does that prove anything? Are you implying that if consolites had access to Skyrim mods they would not download them?

Console people download them, yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downloadable_content

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

Console people download them, yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downloadable_content

So is it psychosis, social axiety, or you're an anti-social fedora wearing sperglord?

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@bldgirsh said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

1000 steam games

It's 3/5 of 1000.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 uninspiredcup
@Bruin1986 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@bldgirsh said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

1000 steam games

It's 3/5 of 1000.

Debatable.