Shocking news: Ubisoft releasing Assassins creed and Far cry more more.

• 56 results
Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Yawn!!

once again, no more splinter cell, all ubisoft want to do is open world rehash of Far cry and AC. great!

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

I can't believe i'm agreeing with you here, but that really sucks. I don't play many Ubi games anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

The new Assassin creed game is going to take place in a viking setting, so I've heard.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Let's see what gimmick they pull out their arsehole this time.

Assassins Creed: Battle Royal

Assassins Creed: Survival mechanics

Assassins Creed: Minecraft

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@watercrack445 said:

The new Assassin creed game is going to take place in a viking setting, so I've heard.

Assassin's Creed: Ragnarok. Okay, color me interest now.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I could go for a decent Far Cry game. There was hope for 5. They got rid of the Ubi tower climbing, revealing map bullshit, but they fucked it up by forcing the story on you and interrupting gameplay.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ghosts4ever

@SOedipus said:

I could go for a decent Far Cry game. There was hope for 5. They got rid of the Ubi tower climbing, revealing map bullshit, but they fucked it up by forcing the story on you and interrupting gameplay.

unskipabble cutscenes are most painful elements in far cry games. they were bad in FC3 except vaas scenes, but more painful in FC4 to the point i quit it.

FC5 have problem with same kind of missions and most bland and boring setting in series.

FC5 is actually what low effort done by ubisoft having silent protagonist and worse animation than FC2.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Breaking news: greedy company puts out more of what sells and is easy to produce

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#9 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

@MonsieurX: Yup. Nintendo releases more Mario/Zelda/Pokemon. EA releases more Madden. Blah, blah.

Although, when Ubi teases new projects and never releases them. It is frustrating.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

@davillain- said:
@watercrack445 said:

why? it's just lipstick on a pig

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

Let's see what gimmick they pull out their arsehole this time.

Assassins Creed: Battle Royal

Assassins Creed: Survival mechanics

Assassins Creed: Minecraft

Ubisoft once made a great open world game. and its called Far Cry 2.

Immersive game with excellent weather effect, animations, gunplay, map on hand. it was like ubisoft equivalent of STALKER.

then FC3 become cinematic and rehash over and over again. Assassins creed we know what it is.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@Macutchi: I'm always a sucker for anything involving Mythology stuff in a game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#13 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

Gamers have proven that they love more of the same until they are told otherwise.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

The last 2 AC games have been great, however FC needs a long break.

I don't care for R6 or WD so they're meh to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Not surprised at all this whole gen AAA publishers are to afraid to try anything out of their comfort zone that's why this gen sucks ass.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Honestly, Ubisoft has been my AAA studio of choice. As much as I bemoan the laziness of churning out the same games from the same franchises, I still have a lot of fun with Far Cry, Assassin's Creed, and Tom Clancy games (yes, even Breakpoint). Games like Anno 1800 are arguably just as good as their big-selling games, too, and despite the apparent lack of sales with The Division 2, I think it is the best loot n' shoot game out there (better than Borderlands and Destiny by far!).

TL;DR: I might complain, but keep the games coming, Ubisoft. Just cool it with the microtransactions.

@davillain- said:
@watercrack445 said:

Yeah, I am enjoying the direction they're taking AC, the evolution it has taken on.

I do wish it was a little bit more stalk and ambush focused like older games, but I don't mind the more direct-combat approach they've adopted.

AC Odyssey was freaking brilliant imo, and Origin was pretty damn good too. They really worked on making side quests interesting.

Still....would love to see a return to stealth in an AC: Feudal Japan or AC: Ancient China. Or, even better, a modern AC setting. Seriously I think it's time for that.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

Not surprised. It's just like Activision continuing to release more Call Of Duty games and EA with Madden.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

I'm actually fine if Far Cry sets somewhere exotic like in Far Cry 3. loved the island setting its perfect. Far Cry 4 & 5 didn't grab me as much due to it being landlocked, heck in Far Cry 4 I don't even bother due to continue after liberating my 2nd tower.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Of course they would. I have no interest in them but I have to admit that AC games are doing an excellent job with the historical settings. Not many AAA games allow you to explore ancient Egypt, Greece and now the Vikings. That's the end of their appeal in my eyes however. Couldn't care less about Far Cry or Watchdogs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

I want a Far Cry set in an urban setting. A quarantined city perhaps, with roaming gangs and marauders. It would shake up the series in a good way to get away from the more exotic/nature locales (as much as I love those types of settings).

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pedro

@subspecies said:

I want a Far Cry set in an urban setting. A quarantined city perhaps, with roaming gangs and marauders. It would shake up the series in a good way to get away from the more exotic/nature locales (as much as I love those types of settings).

Far Cry: Resident Evil Edition

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

I'm okay with this, I get that they are pretty much the same game but I still enjoy them every year.

I want a Far Cry Australia.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

@Pedro: A zombie-less Resi Evil, then.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pedro

@subspecies said:

@Pedro: A zombie-less Resi Evil, then.

Nah! We keep the zombies or at least an area with zombies.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Macutchi
@davillain- said:

@Macutchi: I'm always a sucker for anything involving Mythology stuff in a game.

vikings don't sound like much of a natural fit with assassins to me, but i'm no historian.

i suppose it would probably end up more like black flag (my favourite ac) with ships, it's just the prospect of suffering through that same gameplay loop underneath the new cosmetics that sours it for me. i tried origins and odyssey which were supposedly steps in a new direction and both were just as tedious and repetitive as anything that came before it

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sakaiXx
@Macutchi said:
@davillain- said:

vikings don't sound like much of a natural fit with assassins to me, but i'm no historian.

i suppose it would probably end up more like black flag (my favourite ac) with ships, it's just the prospect of suffering through that same gameplay loop underneath the new cosmetics that sours it for me. i tried origins and odyssey which were supposedly steps in a new direction and both were just as tedious and repetitive as anything that came before it

Play god of war.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

God damn. I hope they make a new ip for next gen. If successful, at least the first couple of games will be good until they milk it to death.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

lol. I like how they basically make the same game for years and years. And all they have to do is say "it has a viking setting" or "it's set in Japan" and people are excited again.

...seriously? Guess we'll have another 10 years of this shit before it's over.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@mrbojangles25: "Brilliant” is a whole lot of exaggeration to describe Odyssey which isn’t bad at all but it’s once again quantity over quality. Fun game though.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Macutchi

@sakaixx said:
@Macutchi said:
@davillain- said:

Play god of war.

i have ta, what's your point?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sakaiXx

@Macutchi said:
@sakaixx said:
@Macutchi said:
@davillain- said:

Play god of war.

God of War told the lore of the Norse god well and ubisoft kind of don't care anymore. In Odyssey the heroes werent even assassins but the ideology of assasins vs templar is still there against the mythical greek backdrop.

Ubisoft could just explain norse god use tech from the old ones and u play as a valkyrie or the eye of odin or something to explain why viking era is the setting and u have bloodlines of someone really powerful, like baldur or thor or odin whatever that causes that version of templar to want to kill you.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

This dev has never learned how to make video games. Every single title they release is busy work chores, not gaming. Now its busy work chores with some microtransactions and a huge gree arrow telling your where to go for everything you do in their games. They might as well charge $4.99 and play for you. I can't stand Ubi.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#34 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

This dev has never learned how to make video games.

Ubisoft have made plenty of great games.

Then Assasins Creed happened.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@hardwenzen said:

So true and sad. Ubisoft went from one of my most beloved devs to most disliked.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

2001- Halo series

2006 - Gears series

2007 - AC series

What do they all have in common? They’re nothing but rinse and repeat games. We gamers need to take a stand and let these game studios know we want something different and new.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Macutchi

@sakaixx said:
@Macutchi said:
@sakaixx said:
@Macutchi said:
@davillain- said:

Play god of war.

God of War told the lore of the Norse god well and ubisoft kind of don't care anymore. In Odyssey the heroes werent even assassins but the ideology of assasins vs templar is still there against the mythical greek backdrop.

Ubisoft could just explain norse god use tech from the old ones and u play as a valkyrie or the eye of odin or something to explain why viking era is the setting and u have bloodlines of someone really powerful, like baldur or thor or odin whatever that causes that version of templar to want to kill you.

they could, but when you have to go through those kind of mental gymnastics to make a concept fit it's probably a good indicator it's time to retire that series and start something new

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Aaaaaand they learned nothing.

Classic Ubi. They work so hard to bring you the same game over and over again.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@hardwenzen said:

One of the worst popular series around. AC formula is exactly what is wrong with Ubi.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

I can't believe i'm agreeing with you here, but that really sucks. I don't play many Ubi games anymore.

Yeah same. I do enjoy Far Cry still, but even that is getting stale now. I'm completely over Assassin Creed, and Watch Dogs I'm a bit meh about.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

Far cry Miami. Involve Cuba and other islands as well.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1237 Posts

Far Cry in a new setting or revisiting Africa might be worth checking out.

AC is a dumpster fire.

Wildlands was decent, but probably won't play Breakpoint.

These asshats should remake Rayman 2. Worked out well for Activision with Spyro/Crash.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Yeah same. I do enjoy Far Cry still, but even that is getting stale now. I'm completely over Assassin Creed, and Watch Dogs I'm a bit meh about.

I didn't enjoy FC5 as much, but that could have just been the yeehaw setting that put me off. I gave up on AC Origins, but I do want to try out Odyssey. As for Watch Dogs, I barely remember the first lol.

We just need some new stuff, but sadly this is what sells.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@SOedipus said:

Far Cry New Dawn is brilliant. Totally ridiculous story but the gameplay is fantastic, I loved it. And I went into it expecting to hate it. It's leaps and bounds better than Far Cry 5 so maybe something worth checking out for you. I'm sure you can get it pretty cheap now.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@lundy86_4: Yeah I know :(

I've been a big AC fan since Black Flag, but the newer games I just can't get into. They're too big and filled with boring padding.

I enjoyed FC5, but they need to mix it up. I also enjoyed Watch Dogs 1 & 2, but the new one isn't really getting me excited yet.

Man I wish Ubi would still make smaller titles like Valiant Hearts and Child of Light... They're both fantastic games which I enjoyed ALOT more than any of their big games this gen.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Ubisoft is working on a rayman 2 great escape remaster for the switch.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Doom had unstoppable cut scenes how come we never see you complaining about them??? Oh its becaise you're a lame broken record that's right.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

Hopefully they don't make another modern Far Cry.

I want a Far Cry set in WWII or Vietnam.

Imagine a Far Cry game set in occupied Poland and you have to liberate outposts from the nazis.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Always up for another far cry, thought 5 was brilliant and easily one of the best shooters this generation! Have zero interest in AC, tried origin and found it extremely dull.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ghosts4ever

@djoffer said:

Always up for another far cry, thought 5 was brilliant and easily one of the best shooters this generation! Have zero interest in AC, tried origin and found it extremely dull.

I found FC5 to be one of the most boring, most dull and souless open world game of this gen. FC5 sum up everything that is wrong with ubisoft open world formula.

and not even that. they also choose the most boring setting that make it more dull.

remember how amazing africa in FC2 was. weather system, rain, flamethrower. or FC3 tropical island and how impressive it was.