Shocking news: Ubisoft releasing Assassins creed and Far cry more more.

  • 56 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

12712

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 12712 Posts

Yawn!!

once again, no more splinter cell, all ubisoft want to do is open world rehash of Far cry and AC. great!

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

55215

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 55215 Posts

I can't believe i'm agreeing with you here, but that really sucks. I don't play many Ubi games anymore.

Avatar image for watercrack445
watercrack445

2391

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By watercrack445
Member since 2017 • 2391 Posts

The new Assassin creed game is going to take place in a viking setting, so I've heard.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

38584

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 38584 Posts

Let's see what gimmick they pull out their arsehole this time.

Assassins Creed: Battle Royal

Assassins Creed: Survival mechanics

Assassins Creed: Minecraft

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

41216

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 41216 Posts

@watercrack445 said:

The new Assassin creed game is going to take place in a viking setting, so I've heard.

Assassin's Creed: Ragnarok. Okay, color me interest now.

Avatar image for SOedipus
SOedipus

11932

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 11932 Posts

I could go for a decent Far Cry game. There was hope for 5. They got rid of the Ubi tower climbing, revealing map bullshit, but they fucked it up by forcing the story on you and interrupting gameplay.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

12712

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#7 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 12712 Posts

@SOedipus said:

I could go for a decent Far Cry game. There was hope for 5. They got rid of the Ubi tower climbing, revealing map bullshit, but they fucked it up by forcing the story on you and interrupting gameplay.

unskipabble cutscenes are most painful elements in far cry games. they were bad in FC3 except vaas scenes, but more painful in FC4 to the point i quit it.

FC5 have problem with same kind of missions and most bland and boring setting in series.

FC5 is actually what low effort done by ubisoft having silent protagonist and worse animation than FC2.

Avatar image for MonsieurX
MonsieurX

39358

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39358 Posts

Breaking news: greedy company puts out more of what sells and is easy to produce

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
nintendoboy16

37186

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#9 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 37186 Posts

@MonsieurX: Yup. Nintendo releases more Mario/Zelda/Pokemon. EA releases more Madden. Blah, blah.

Although, when Ubi teases new projects and never releases them. It is frustrating.

Avatar image for Macutchi
Macutchi

7101

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#10 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 7101 Posts

@davillain- said:
@watercrack445 said:

The new Assassin creed game is going to take place in a viking setting, so I've heard.

Assassin's Creed: Ragnarok. Okay, color me interest now.

why? it's just lipstick on a pig

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

12712

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#11 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 12712 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Let's see what gimmick they pull out their arsehole this time.

Assassins Creed: Battle Royal

Assassins Creed: Survival mechanics

Assassins Creed: Minecraft

Ubisoft once made a great open world game. and its called Far Cry 2.

Immersive game with excellent weather effect, animations, gunplay, map on hand. it was like ubisoft equivalent of STALKER.

then FC3 become cinematic and rehash over and over again. Assassins creed we know what it is.

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

41216

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#12 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 41216 Posts

@Macutchi: I'm always a sucker for anything involving Mythology stuff in a game.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

38117

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#13 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 38117 Posts

Gamers have proven that they love more of the same until they are told otherwise.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

15306

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#14 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 15306 Posts

The last 2 AC games have been great, however FC needs a long break.

I don't care for R6 or WD so they're meh to me.

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

4377

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#15 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 4377 Posts

Not surprised at all this whole gen AAA publishers are to afraid to try anything out of their comfort zone that's why this gen sucks ass.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

46085

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 46085 Posts

Honestly, Ubisoft has been my AAA studio of choice. As much as I bemoan the laziness of churning out the same games from the same franchises, I still have a lot of fun with Far Cry, Assassin's Creed, and Tom Clancy games (yes, even Breakpoint). Games like Anno 1800 are arguably just as good as their big-selling games, too, and despite the apparent lack of sales with The Division 2, I think it is the best loot n' shoot game out there (better than Borderlands and Destiny by far!).

TL;DR: I might complain, but keep the games coming, Ubisoft. Just cool it with the microtransactions.

@davillain- said:
@watercrack445 said:

The new Assassin creed game is going to take place in a viking setting, so I've heard.

Assassin's Creed: Ragnarok. Okay, color me interest now.

Yeah, I am enjoying the direction they're taking AC, the evolution it has taken on.

I do wish it was a little bit more stalk and ambush focused like older games, but I don't mind the more direct-combat approach they've adopted.

AC Odyssey was freaking brilliant imo, and Origin was pretty damn good too. They really worked on making side quests interesting.

Still....would love to see a return to stealth in an AC: Feudal Japan or AC: Ancient China. Or, even better, a modern AC setting. Seriously I think it's time for that.

Avatar image for AcidTango
AcidTango

1837

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#17 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 1837 Posts

Not surprised. It's just like Activision continuing to release more Call Of Duty games and EA with Madden.

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

7440

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#18 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 7440 Posts

I'm actually fine if Far Cry sets somewhere exotic like in Far Cry 3. loved the island setting its perfect. Far Cry 4 & 5 didn't grab me as much due to it being landlocked, heck in Far Cry 4 I don't even bother due to continue after liberating my 2nd tower.

Avatar image for johnd13
johnd13

10029

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#19 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 10029 Posts

Of course they would. I have no interest in them but I have to admit that AC games are doing an excellent job with the historical settings. Not many AAA games allow you to explore ancient Egypt, Greece and now the Vikings. That's the end of their appeal in my eyes however. Couldn't care less about Far Cry or Watchdogs.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
MclarenMaster18

2518

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 5

#20 MclarenMaster18
Member since 2014 • 2518 Posts

I'm not buying Assassins Creed and Far Cry for next-gen.

I'd rather wait for The Crew 3.

Avatar image for subspecies
Subspecies

1574

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#21 Subspecies
Member since 2018 • 1574 Posts

I want a Far Cry set in an urban setting. A quarantined city perhaps, with roaming gangs and marauders. It would shake up the series in a good way to get away from the more exotic/nature locales (as much as I love those types of settings).

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

38117

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#22 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 38117 Posts

@subspecies said:

I want a Far Cry set in an urban setting. A quarantined city perhaps, with roaming gangs and marauders. It would shake up the series in a good way to get away from the more exotic/nature locales (as much as I love those types of settings).

Far Cry: Resident Evil Edition

Avatar image for npiet1
npiet1

3082

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#23 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3082 Posts

I'm okay with this, I get that they are pretty much the same game but I still enjoy them every year.

I want a Far Cry Australia.

Avatar image for subspecies
Subspecies

1574

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#24 Subspecies
Member since 2018 • 1574 Posts

@Pedro: A zombie-less Resi Evil, then.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

38117

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#25 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 38117 Posts

@subspecies said:

@Pedro: A zombie-less Resi Evil, then.

Nah! We keep the zombies or at least an area with zombies.

Avatar image for Macutchi
Macutchi

7101

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#26 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 7101 Posts
@davillain- said:

@Macutchi: I'm always a sucker for anything involving Mythology stuff in a game.

vikings don't sound like much of a natural fit with assassins to me, but i'm no historian.

i suppose it would probably end up more like black flag (my favourite ac) with ships, it's just the prospect of suffering through that same gameplay loop underneath the new cosmetics that sours it for me. i tried origins and odyssey which were supposedly steps in a new direction and both were just as tedious and repetitive as anything that came before it

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

7440

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#27 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 7440 Posts
@Macutchi said:
@davillain- said:

@Macutchi: I'm always a sucker for anything involving Mythology stuff in a game.

vikings don't sound like much of a natural fit with assassins to me, but i'm no historian.

i suppose it would probably end up more like black flag (my favourite ac) with ships, it's just the prospect of suffering through that same gameplay loop underneath the new cosmetics that sours it for me. i tried origins and odyssey which were supposedly steps in a new direction and both were just as tedious and repetitive as anything that came before it

Play god of war.

Avatar image for Ghost120x
Ghost120x

5561

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#28 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 5561 Posts

God damn. I hope they make a new ip for next gen. If successful, at least the first couple of games will be good until they milk it to death.

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

25520

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#29  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 25520 Posts

lol. I like how they basically make the same game for years and years. And all they have to do is say "it has a viking setting" or "it's set in Japan" and people are excited again.

...seriously? Guess we'll have another 10 years of this shit before it's over.

Avatar image for Juub1990
Juub1990

9303

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#30 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 9303 Posts

@mrbojangles25: "Brilliant” is a whole lot of exaggeration to describe Odyssey which isn’t bad at all but it’s once again quantity over quality. Fun game though.

Avatar image for Macutchi
Macutchi

7101

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#31 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 7101 Posts

@sakaixx said:
@Macutchi said:
@davillain- said:

@Macutchi: I'm always a sucker for anything involving Mythology stuff in a game.

vikings don't sound like much of a natural fit with assassins to me, but i'm no historian.

i suppose it would probably end up more like black flag (my favourite ac) with ships, it's just the prospect of suffering through that same gameplay loop underneath the new cosmetics that sours it for me. i tried origins and odyssey which were supposedly steps in a new direction and both were just as tedious and repetitive as anything that came before it

Play god of war.

i have ta, what's your point?

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

7440

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#32 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 7440 Posts

@Macutchi said:
@sakaixx said:
@Macutchi said:
@davillain- said:

@Macutchi: I'm always a sucker for anything involving Mythology stuff in a game.

vikings don't sound like much of a natural fit with assassins to me, but i'm no historian.

i suppose it would probably end up more like black flag (my favourite ac) with ships, it's just the prospect of suffering through that same gameplay loop underneath the new cosmetics that sours it for me. i tried origins and odyssey which were supposedly steps in a new direction and both were just as tedious and repetitive as anything that came before it

Play god of war.

i have ta, what's your point?

God of War told the lore of the Norse god well and ubisoft kind of don't care anymore. In Odyssey the heroes werent even assassins but the ideology of assasins vs templar is still there against the mythical greek backdrop.

Ubisoft could just explain norse god use tech from the old ones and u play as a valkyrie or the eye of odin or something to explain why viking era is the setting and u have bloodlines of someone really powerful, like baldur or thor or odin whatever that causes that version of templar to want to kill you.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

429

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#33 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 429 Posts

This dev has never learned how to make video games. Every single title they release is busy work chores, not gaming. Now its busy work chores with some microtransactions and a huge gree arrow telling your where to go for everything you do in their games. They might as well charge $4.99 and play for you. I can't stand Ubi.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

38584

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#34 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 38584 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

This dev has never learned how to make video games.

Ubisoft have made plenty of great games.

Then Assasins Creed happened.

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

25520

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#35 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 25520 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@hardwenzen said:

This dev has never learned how to make video games.

Ubisoft have made plenty of great games.

Then Assasins Creed happened.

So true and sad. Ubisoft went from one of my most beloved devs to most disliked.

Avatar image for daredevils2k
Daredevils2k

2230

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#36 Daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 2230 Posts

2001- Halo series

2006 - Gears series

2007 - AC series

What do they all have in common? They’re nothing but rinse and repeat games. We gamers need to take a stand and let these game studios know we want something different and new.

Avatar image for Macutchi
Macutchi

7101

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#37 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 7101 Posts

@sakaixx said:
@Macutchi said:
@sakaixx said:
@Macutchi said:
@davillain- said:

@Macutchi: I'm always a sucker for anything involving Mythology stuff in a game.

vikings don't sound like much of a natural fit with assassins to me, but i'm no historian.

i suppose it would probably end up more like black flag (my favourite ac) with ships, it's just the prospect of suffering through that same gameplay loop underneath the new cosmetics that sours it for me. i tried origins and odyssey which were supposedly steps in a new direction and both were just as tedious and repetitive as anything that came before it

Play god of war.

i have ta, what's your point?

God of War told the lore of the Norse god well and ubisoft kind of don't care anymore. In Odyssey the heroes werent even assassins but the ideology of assasins vs templar is still there against the mythical greek backdrop.

Ubisoft could just explain norse god use tech from the old ones and u play as a valkyrie or the eye of odin or something to explain why viking era is the setting and u have bloodlines of someone really powerful, like baldur or thor or odin whatever that causes that version of templar to want to kill you.

they could, but when you have to go through those kind of mental gymnastics to make a concept fit it's probably a good indicator it's time to retire that series and start something new

Avatar image for pyro1245
pyro1245

6022

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#38 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 6022 Posts

Aaaaaand they learned nothing.

Classic Ubi. They work so hard to bring you the same game over and over again.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

429

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#39 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 429 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@hardwenzen said:

This dev has never learned how to make video games.

Ubisoft have made plenty of great games.

Then Assasins Creed happened.

One of the worst popular series around. AC formula is exactly what is wrong with Ubi.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
hrt_rulz01

19924

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#40 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 19924 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

I can't believe i'm agreeing with you here, but that really sucks. I don't play many Ubi games anymore.

Yeah same. I do enjoy Far Cry still, but even that is getting stale now. I'm completely over Assassin Creed, and Watch Dogs I'm a bit meh about.

Avatar image for sleepnsurf
sleepnsurf

3411

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#41 sleepnsurf
Member since 2009 • 3411 Posts

Far cry Miami. Involve Cuba and other islands as well.

Avatar image for my_user_name
my_user_name

120

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#42 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 120 Posts

Far Cry in a new setting or revisiting Africa might be worth checking out.

AC is a dumpster fire.

Wildlands was decent, but probably won't play Breakpoint.

These asshats should remake Rayman 2. Worked out well for Activision with Spyro/Crash.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

55215

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#43 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 55215 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Yeah same. I do enjoy Far Cry still, but even that is getting stale now. I'm completely over Assassin Creed, and Watch Dogs I'm a bit meh about.

I didn't enjoy FC5 as much, but that could have just been the yeehaw setting that put me off. I gave up on AC Origins, but I do want to try out Odyssey. As for Watch Dogs, I barely remember the first lol.

We just need some new stuff, but sadly this is what sells.

Avatar image for blueinheaven
blueinheaven

4826

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#44 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 4826 Posts

@SOedipus said:

I could go for a decent Far Cry game. There was hope for 5. They got rid of the Ubi tower climbing, revealing map bullshit, but they fucked it up by forcing the story on you and interrupting gameplay.

Far Cry New Dawn is brilliant. Totally ridiculous story but the gameplay is fantastic, I loved it. And I went into it expecting to hate it. It's leaps and bounds better than Far Cry 5 so maybe something worth checking out for you. I'm sure you can get it pretty cheap now.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
hrt_rulz01

19924

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#45 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 19924 Posts

@lundy86_4: Yeah I know :(

I've been a big AC fan since Black Flag, but the newer games I just can't get into. They're too big and filled with boring padding.

I enjoyed FC5, but they need to mix it up. I also enjoyed Watch Dogs 1 & 2, but the new one isn't really getting me excited yet.

Man I wish Ubi would still make smaller titles like Valiant Hearts and Child of Light... They're both fantastic games which I enjoyed ALOT more than any of their big games this gen.

Avatar image for jeezers
jeezers

4515

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#46  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 4515 Posts

Ubisoft is working on a rayman 2 great escape remaster for the switch.

Avatar image for vfighter
VFighter

6330

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#47 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 6330 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Doom had unstoppable cut scenes how come we never see you complaining about them??? Oh its becaise you're a lame broken record that's right.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

33137

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#48 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 33137 Posts

Hopefully they don't make another modern Far Cry.

I want a Far Cry set in WWII or Vietnam.

Imagine a Far Cry game set in occupied Poland and you have to liberate outposts from the nazis.

Avatar image for djoffer
djoffer

1794

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#49 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1794 Posts

Always up for another far cry, thought 5 was brilliant and easily one of the best shooters this generation! Have zero interest in AC, tried origin and found it extremely dull.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

12712

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#50 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 12712 Posts

@djoffer said:

Always up for another far cry, thought 5 was brilliant and easily one of the best shooters this generation! Have zero interest in AC, tried origin and found it extremely dull.

I found FC5 to be one of the most boring, most dull and souless open world game of this gen. FC5 sum up everything that is wrong with ubisoft open world formula.

and not even that. they also choose the most boring setting that make it more dull.

remember how amazing africa in FC2 was. weather system, rain, flamethrower. or FC3 tropical island and how impressive it was.