Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58988 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

@hardwenzen: Odd to bring up Call of Duty as a series that's evolved. The multiplayer certainly did. But when it comes to SP, it's played almost the exact same as the first title for 15+ odd years now.

The gameplay style is generally similar to Serious Sam in the sense you're basically just shooting a hoard of enemies. The difference between that and SS, is that SS has an enemy hierarchy that require management and mobility where as in Call Of Duty the player plops themselves beyond a wall.

Using footage to illustrate the point of enemy waves of nothing but Beheaded Kamikaze seems disingenuous as well as the game (FE1/2) will throw multiple enemies like a stack of bricks.

This isn't fanboy shit btw, from the first trailer had no interest in this and hated 3, but I think his argument their didn't make much sense.

SP wise Call Of Duty is just of, more so a basic shooter.

come on cup,

you disliked Doom and Eternal but always defend serious sam when later is cheap, knock off version of former actually.

Nope. Barely played them.

Haven't played this either with no real interest as I can just play First/Second encounter which I suspect are probably better games.

From a basic aesthetic level, I prefer how they look, namely colorful and vibrant.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#52 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24926 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

@hardwenzen: Odd to bring up Call of Duty as a series that's evolved. The multiplayer certainly did. But when it comes to SP, it's played almost the exact same as the first title for 15+ odd years now.

The gameplay style is generally similar to Serious Sam in the sense you're basically just shooting a hoard of enemies. The difference between that and SS, is that SS has an enemy hierarchy that require management and mobility where as in Call Of Duty the player plops themselves beyond a wall.

Using footage to illustrate the point of enemy waves of nothing but Beheaded Kamikaze seems disingenuous as well as the game (FE1/2) will throw multiple enemies like a stack of bricks.

This isn't fanboy shit btw, from the first trailer had no interest in this and hated 3, but I think his argument their didn't make much sense.

come on cup,

you disliked Doom and Eternal but always defend serious sam when later is cheap, knock off version of former actually.

Haven't played this either with no real interest as I can just play First/Second encounter which I suspect are probably better games.

From a basic aesthetic level, I prefer how they look, namely colorful and vibrant.

original serious sam were also trash. these games has all flash no substance. just bland wide area where enemies running at you only. painkiller was also psedu old school but was slightly better if not great.

I remember people used to call serious sam and painkiller a return to Quake like FPS LOL.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

come on cup,

original serious sam were also trash. these games has all flash no substance. just bland wide area where enemies running at you only. painkiller was also psedu old school but was slightly better if not great.

But it scored higher than Mafia.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

But it scored higher than Mafia.

https://www.ign.com/articles/serious-sam-4-review

5/10

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever: Gamespot freind.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

@ghosts4ever: Gamespot freind.

Doom Eternal score higher.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever: Alyx highest rated FPS sadly.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

@ghosts4ever: Alyx highest rated FPS sadly.

But Alyx is nowhear near as badass as Doomguy.

Doom guy use his SSG grapple the demon and cut the demon in Half. Alyx cant do this and be like "I want to be resident evil".

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#59 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34617 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: Sounds nasty. Hope they update it. After checking the series out some, I must say the earlier games look way better than SS4. Still not my cup of tea though.

This made me remember Witchfire, which I have pretty high hopes for. I wonder how development goes, haven't heard anything about it for a while.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46318 Posts

@Litchie said:

@R4gn4r0k: Sounds nasty. Hope they update it. After checking the series out some, I must say the earlier games look way better than SS4. Still not my cup of tea though.

This made me remember Witchfire, which I have pretty high hopes for. I wonder how development goes, haven't heard anything about it for a while.

Luckily they are still working on it, eventhough it's progressing slowly. They go more in depth here

I think a lot of people would call serious sam a 'dumb' shooter, but I mean it's a really fun shooter more than anything. It takes me back to the FPS games of the 90s early 00s: where it was all about having a blast. Fun comes first and foremost.