Sea Of Thieves is sitting at a 6.1 user rating on metacritic

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Its not doing so hot among real gamers out there.

It looks like Sea of thieves is being mocked for its 60 dollar price tag and being repetitive and lacking in content.

WE NEED TO KNOW the sales of this game physically if it doesn't chart on NPD rare will have to answer for that.

I saw the rare studio its a huge massive studio filled with 100's of people all working on this game.

IF it doesn't chart on NPD Microsoft will need to pull a lionhead on this developer who can't make games that sell.

God of War will chart npd Day's Gone will chart NPD, Spiderman will chart NPD.

Why are we letting rare get away with this trash that went straight to gamepass to cover up sales numbers.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

Never trust user scores on metacritic. Some accounts are newly made just to bump up the score and some are straight trolls by giving 0

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

I wish people would try in this place.

reavis86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 reavis86
Member since 2013 • 223 Posts

I currently have Sea of Theives downloading on my pc because it's part of gamepass and xbox play anywhere. I pay for play anywhere for my son on his xb1.

I don't have high expectations because I haven't figured out from any videos I love watched as to what the actual goal or objective is in the game. I'll probably give it a whirl tommorrow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#5  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

What, a MS game being trashed in user scores? That's impossible I say!

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts

Not that the MC userscore means anything as it's a cancer of overreactions and trolls. I would still hold out for pro reviews if you're on the fence. The ship may not be sunk yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

I’d imagine a lot of those score are coming from bitter sony fanboys who have not played the game.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By navyguy21  Online
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

So NOW we are trusting Metacritic user reviews?

I thought they were spammed with bitter Microsoft and Nintendo fanboys?

Crazy since most of the previews and gameplay overviews have been positive.

Even Jacksepticeye has done like 4 or 5 episodes with friends and those videos have tons of likes.

I dont know if ill play it because its not my kind of game, but most people seem to be enjoying it.

And its crazy high on twitch at the moment.

Dont bash the game because youre not a fan of Microsoft or Rare

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Could be worse.

I decided long ago this game wasn't for me, but it's petty to hope it fails for no other reason than for internet fodder.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@quadknight: Nevermind. You’ll soon be watching GoW cut scenes and mashing X. That will make up for it.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@boycie: I sense an incoming flop.

I post on Resetera and the impressions for this game are mixed. I hear there isn't a lot of content and it plays like NMS in the sense that there's no end game.

I know MC User reviews don't count for shit but the general impression I'm getting from people is that it's definitely not worth $60 and the game feels lacking in content and what to do. The fun that is there is from hanging with your friends and not really with the core gameplay.

I'll try it with my 14 day trial of Gamepass but I don't have high hopes at all.

I think this is another victim of lems overhyping any game on Xbone because they don't have shit to play. I predict it will be fun for a while before it gets old fast, and the community for this game will be on life support by Fall.

It's better to mash X and have a goal than to be fighting a body-less Kraken in a game with no real goals.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@quadknight: Well i guess all that praying it will flop might come to fruition. It does seem to be a bit of a marmite game.

You must be very pleased.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2066 Posts

I can see this game living and dying based on the group you have to play with. The full price tag though I have to agree is unwarranted.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By QuadKnight

@boycie said:

@quadknight: Well i guess all that praying it will flop might come to fruition. It does seem to be a bit of a marmite game.

You must be very pleased.

I'm not praying it flops, I like pirates and this was the game that was supposed to get me buying stuff from the Windows 10 Store. I'm a bit disappointed but I sort of knew it wasn't going to be as awesome and lems hyped it after I read general impressions from the beta. The game is another victim of lems overhyping games because they lack exclusives. That hype probably put too much expectations on Rare from MS and they caved in under the pressure. We must also remember the Rare that made this game isn't the same Rare from the Nintendo days and most of the talent left a long time ago.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@boycie: Mash X...? Do you idiot trolls ever actually think before posting?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By QuadKnight

@vfighter said:

@boycie: Mash X...? Do you idiot trolls ever actually think before posting?

He's bitter.

GOW has been getting rave previews and hype. People are praising the revamped combat system with RPG elements and comparing it to Demons Souls while SoT is getting mixed reactions. It's only natural he feels the need to lash out at GOW in a thread where no one even mentioned GOW.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@boycie: Yeah... Quack will get more enjoyment out of SOT "flopping" than playing one of Sony's exclusives.

But anyway this is a game that is going to be constantly updated and more content added over time. It's a long race for this type of game.

Anyway it doesn't matter to me either way.... this game was never going to be my cup of tea anyway. Maybe if it had a SP campaign :(

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Well I hope it doesn't flop, and will be getting it for Win 10 some time this month.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By QuadKnight

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@boycie: Yeah... Quack will get more enjoyment out of SOT "flopping" than playing one of Sony's exclusives.

But anyway this is a game that is going to be constantly updated and more content added over time. It's a long race for this type of game.

Anyway it doesn't matter to me either way.... this game was never going to be my cup of tea anyway. Maybe if it had a SP campaign :(

That's where the joke is on you. I'll have so much fun playing GOW in April while you clowns are waiting for Crackhead 3 to get a release date after Sea of Piss flops. How long have you been waiting, 4 years?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@quadknight: Nearly as long a Delays Gone I think.

But i do agree Crackdown 3 will probably be as big of a waste of time as most games with a really long development time.

Look at The Last Guardian. What a waste of time and resources that was.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By QuadKnight

@boycie said:

@quadknight: Nearly as long a Delays Gone I think.

But i do agree Crackdown 3 will probably be as big of a waste of time as most games with a really long development time.

Look at The Last Guardian. What a waste of time and resources that was.

Nah, Days Gone was announced at E3 2016. Crackhead 3 was announced at E3 2014, that's over 2 years you guys have been waiting for Crackhead 3 compared to Days Gone lol. You can't damage control the fact Crackhead 3 has been getting delayed a lot longer.

Thing is TLG still got released and was a success critically. Crackdown 3 is looking like a total disaster that might get cancelled tomorrow lol.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Shame as it had so much potential for team work and reminds me of L4D2 in that respect.

I would of thought that in team of friends with voice chat this would of been quite a fun game to play.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Played the Beta and thought the game flat out sucked until some friends joined in, then it was amazing for a short amount of time, lost interest within about 10 hours, so I can see where the comments of "not enough to do" comes from, but give it a year and this game will be one of the best mulitplayer games for sure.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@quadknight: I’m not damage controlling Crackdown 3. I agree, I thought it looked very poor at E3. The only reason I hope it turns out well is Crackdown 1 was so dam good.

Delay Gone was delayed for the same reason. It just looks bad and I think that has just as much chance of being cancelled.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

@quadknight: you keep talking about the hype for the game, but seriously except secret police( who is just a bad troll) who excactly have been hyping this game? Except insecure cows who have gotten tired of watching their movie games?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By QuadKnight

@boycie said:

@quadknight: I’m not damage controlling Crackdown 3. I agree, I thought it looked very poor at E3. The only reason I hope it turns out well is Crackdown 1 was so dam good.

Delay Gone was delayed for the same reason. It just looks bad and I think that has just as much chance of being cancelled.

Nah, Days Gone doesn't look bad, I don't know what you're talking about. It looked way more complete/polished than Crackhead 3 even though the zombie genre is a bit generic. Only reason Sony delayed it is because the period it's coming out it is too close to RDR2 and Spiderman. It would have been drowned out by those juggernauts.

You can't tell me Days Gone looks bad...

Loading Video...

when Crackhead 3 looks like this....

Loading Video...

Days Gone looks way more polished. The animations in Crackhead 3 are janky as **** and the graphics and gameplay looks like they have been lifted from the 360 era.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Thats unfortunate but the lack of content remarks are what I expected to see as it does look like the game relies a lot on variety and content to keep you interested, at least thats the impression I get from videos iv seen. It could just be a load of PS fanboys leaving negative reviews, though I cant see why they would feel the need to do that since the PS is dominating Xbox without even trying this gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#29 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Rather play kirby, that's saying something

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@quadknight: I think they both look bad. Sure Delays Gone has polish. But as the mythbusters proved even shit can be polished.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By QuadKnight

@djoffer said:

@quadknight: you keep talking about the hype for the game, but seriously except secret police( who is just a bad troll) who excactly have been hyping this game? Except insecure cows who have gotten tired of watching their movie games?

Denial. So all the lems on youtube, SW, and other forums are now "insecure cows"? WTF? If you're going to lie and damage control at least make it be somewhat believable. You clowns have been hyping this game for years. It's been showing up in every lems' exclusive game list since 2015 and now you're trying to lie you clowns never hyped it because it looks like it's about to flop?

Loading Video...

? You heard it here first folks, Crapgamer is an "insecure cow".

Only "insecure cows" hyped this game that's why the release date announcement trailer has over 2.1 million views on Youtube....

Loading Video...

? Talk about blind denial lol.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Days Gone looks absolutely awful. The main character looks like the world's biggest douchebag, a grown man with a f***ing baseball cap on backwards and biker clothes who seems only to exist to fight millions of zombies pouring on to the screen randomly honestly even at this point of its development it looks like a really generic idea for a zombie game not a fully fledged AAA title.

It looks every bit as boring as Crackdown and similar to C3 I think it's delayed with the devs being told to get their shit together but I think it's just far too late. It really is just standard zombie fare like Dead Rising with nothing at all to differentiate it from any other zombie game on the planet. Last Of Us it ain't.

@quadknight said:
@boycie said:

Nah, Days Gone doesn't look bad, I don't know what you're talking about. It looked way more complete than Crackhead 3 even though the zombie genre is a bit generic. Only reason Sony delayed it is because the period it's coming out it is too close to RDR2 and Spiderman. It would have been drowned out by those juggernauts.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 QuadKnight

@blueinheaven said:

Days Gone looks absolutely awful. The main character looks like the world's biggest douchebag, a grown man with a f***ing baseball cap on backwards and biker clothes who seems only to exist to fight millions of zombies pouring on to the screen randomly honestly even at this point of its development it looks like a really generic idea for a zombie game not a fully fledged AAA title.

It looks every bit as boring as Crackdown and similar to C3 I think it's delayed with the devs being told to get their shit together but I think it's just far too late. It really is just standard zombie fare like Dead Rising with nothing at all to differentiate it from any other zombie game on the planet. Last Of Us it ain't.

@quadknight said:
@boycie said:

Nah, Days Gone doesn't look bad, I don't know what you're talking about. It looked way more complete than Crackhead 3 even though the zombie genre is a bit generic. Only reason Sony delayed it is because the period it's coming out it is too close to RDR2 and Spiderman. It would have been drowned out by those juggernauts.

Don't mistake your hatred for the character and genre to mean it looks bad. I don't personally care for the game but it objectively looks more polished than Crackhead 3. I don't even know how you can compare the two technically. Crackdown looks like broken indie shovelware while Days Gone looks like a AAA generic zombie game.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

It looks like Sea of thieves is being mocked for its 60 dollar price tag and being repetitive and lacking in content.

WE NEED TO KNOW the sales of this game physically if it doesn't chart on NPD rare will have to answer for that.

I saw the rare studio its a huge massive studio filled with 100's of people all working on this game.

IF it doesn't chart on NPD Microsoft will need to pull a lionhead on this developer who can't make games that sell.

Why are we letting rare get away with this trash that went straight to gamepass to cover up sales numbers.

So you have time to trawl Metashitic for user scores (how many accounts did you create to score it down?) and yet you don't have time to eat your crow.

Here you are slamming a game because people who don't even have to play the GAME can score it whatever they want, you are one of the saddest people here.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@quadknight said:
@blueinheaven said:

@quadknight said:
@boycie said:

Don't mistake your hatred for the character and genre to mean it looks bad. I don't personally care for the game but it objectively looks more polished than Crackhead 3. I don't even know how you can compare the two technically. Crackdown looks like broken indie shovelware while Days Gone looks like a AAA generic zombie game.

I don't hate the genre Last Of Us is one of my favourite games of all time. It doesn't matter how polished it looks, every single trailer shows a million zombies pouring all over the screen for Mr Dickhead to shoot mindlessly. The graphics look nice but I would expect gameplay like this from a bargain bin indie game not a AAA title.

Crackdown 3 might turn out to be the worst game in the entire world and that still won't make Days Gone look any better I don't see your point.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36  Edited By sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

I'm loving it so far, and I'm still only playing sp with a small sloop, getting used to the mechanics. Even if I get only a month's gameplay out of it, it'll still be longer than the vast majority of linear sp games.

Edit. Have to say there's quite a few bugs that need ironing out. My weapons and tools disappeared and I couldn't tool up from supplies. Quests disappeared too, even though it said "voyages full" when I tried to fill an empty slot. Backing out and back into the game solved it, but I expect those bugs solved pronto.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I expect TC gave ten separate 0/10 reviews himself through various alt accounts.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

I expect TC gave ten separate 0/10 reviews himself through various alt accounts.

Not just him but rather the whole herd of out of their mind radical cult of cows here.

Life, they really do need one.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Sea Of Salts strike again

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@sealionact said:

I'm loving it so far, and I'm still only playing sp with a small sloop, getting used to the mechanics. Even if I get only a month's gameplay out of it, it'll still be longer than the vast majority of linear sp games.

This ^ Just getting good at piloting the ship takes a couple hours. I put a few holes in my ship, and quickly learned how to patch and bail.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SecretPolice

@rrjim1 said:
@sealionact said:

This ^ Just getting good at piloting the ship takes a couple hours. I put a few holes in my ship, and quickly learned how to patch and bail.

Thirded.... Learning all the different mechanics, useable items etc. and just exploring small parts of a vast water world is great gaming in itself without even starting any of the missions yet. The visuals. weather effect and just sailing around alone are worth the price of admission. Really great stuff and it's only the tip of what feels like a massive iceberg. :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@SecretPolice: Yeah but based on absolutely no metric the PS fans have decided SoT has flopped.

So now this is fact to them.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

Sounds about right and after all, Sea of Thieves was never intended to be AAA big MS title anyways. The game itself was meant to be fun to play with friends as a Pirate and that's about it. I don't think anyone was expecting a higher score for Sea of Thieves wouldn't you say ProtossRushX?

By the way, I'm still enjoying the game so far, no complaints and this is coming from a guy who enjoys playing No Man's Sky which is good, because Sea of Thieves is kinda like that but only in MP.

@i_p_daily said:
@ProtossRushX said:

So you have time to trawl Metashitic for user scores (how many accounts did you create to score it down?) and yet you don't have time to eat your crow.

Here you are slamming a game because people who don't even have to play the GAME can score it whatever they want, you are one of the saddest people here.

Metacritic scores never made any sense to me and I find it to be a cop-out for judging the game itself without playing it for yourself. Metacritic doesn't tell the whole story of the actual game then they're letting on.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SecretPolice

@boycie:

Yep, that's how Cults work and in this case, all over VG of all things, something meant for lite hearted fun.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#45 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

That's a shame to hear. Still, I'm going to let this percolate a bit before getting too bent out of shape. It looks like the perfect game for a couple of my lads and me

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SecretPolice

@xantufrog:

There are Zero reviews on metacritic for SoT.

User scores are about as bogus as it gets so no real shame.... Yet. lol :P

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

@ProtossRushX: Real gamer here, had a blast last night, played for about two hours (server issues so I couldn't long on earlier). Played with a random set of guys, took out a fortress, then I called it a night. Picked up a bunch of chest, skulls, goblets, spice boxes, and one completely riddled ship.

Oh and I didn't leave review out Metacritic (never have), I'm sure I'm not alone.

Also, I picked it up with Game Pass, which I am currently getting for free through Microsoft (Bing) Rewards (had made $50 since Christmas). Downloaded it on my Surface Book as well, its nice that Game Pass supports Play Anywhere.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@SecretPolice: I do think the reviews will be pretty hit and miss.

I listened to the Giant bombcast this morning and they don’t really like the lack of seemingly meaningful progression as everything earned is just cosmetic.

People seem to want that XP loop from it. Being able to level up a character has become a must in this type of game.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SecretPolice

@boycie:

Yeah, I think hit or miss with reviewers is likely spot on.

JtoThaMtoThaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JtoThaMtoThaP
Member since 2016 • 1016 Posts

Compelling