SC4 exclusive characters, WTF?

• 162 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

excelR83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 excelR83
Member since 2003 • 2932 Posts
[QUOTE="excelR83"][QUOTE="Demetri_OS"]

Darth Vadar in Star Wars Episode 1, 2 & 3 was a whiny little brat. In Star Wars 4, 5 & 6 - he had his Death Star blown up twice, got his ass kicked by his own son and then burned. Yoda died of natural causes. And up until that point, he kicked major ass. He even stood his own ground against the Emperor. Vadar was the Emeror's little doggie.

I'll take Yoda thank you.

DXGreat1_HGL

Do you have a PS3? No?

Then you don't have a choice who you "take". :lol:

These types of threads are my favorite on system wars. Nothing but spin and damage control.

What is there to spin? The light side of the force >>>>>> then the dark side. Yoda >>>> Vader. Vader died from turning to the light side, Yoda died of old age, after training Luke. Yoda was around far longer then Vader.

Anyone that really knows the universe and characters, knows this...

LOL, what the hell does it matter what happened in the actual story? It's not about the mythology, since it will have NO bearing on how they perform in the game. It is about a 7 ft tall psychopath in a scary suit with a scary voice compared to a 2 ft tall muppet with a voice like Cookie Monster :P

Yoda is cool and all and I would really like to have him too, but I know all the lems here would be saying PWNED IN THE FACE HAHA YODA SUCKS if the tables were turned. I know it.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19592 Posts

cows get the most badass villian in the universe, and the lemming get an alien midgetMad_Rhetoric

Actually, the cows get an asthmatic amputee, while the lemmings get a deranged muppet.

It seems pretty fair. :|

Avatar image for TheDarkDisciple
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 TheDarkDisciple
Member since 2004 • 3564 Posts
[QUOTE="PandaBear86"][QUOTE="humber_matus"][QUOTE="Mad_Rhetoric"]

cows get the most badass villian in the universe, and the lemming get an alien midgit

who was in charge in making that decision?

seriously WTF?

excelR83

... lol ... lemmings got shafted ... have fun playing the inferior version newb.

Xbox 360 = inferior version? Ever heard of achievements? :P

Achievements are a pat on the head. They might be nice to have, but they add nothing to the actual game.

Might be just me, but I don't think "positive reinforcement" adds anything to my gaming experience.

man i don't know wtf you're talking about. But I see achievements as a challenge. Don't tell me you've never said to yourself "hmmm i wonder if i can do this, or that", something that most games wouldn't really tell you to do. it's exactly the same except achievements tell you when you've completed the goal. Sometimes they unlock new features as well.

DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts
[QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"][QUOTE="excelR83"][QUOTE="Demetri_OS"]

Darth Vadar in Star Wars Episode 1, 2 & 3 was a whiny little brat. In Star Wars 4, 5 & 6 - he had his Death Star blown up twice, got his ass kicked by his own son and then burned. Yoda died of natural causes. And up until that point, he kicked major ass. He even stood his own ground against the Emperor. Vadar was the Emeror's little doggie.

excelR83

Do you have a PS3? No?

These types of threads are my favorite on system wars. Nothing but spin and damage control.

What is there to spin? The light side of the force >>>>>> then the dark side. Yoda >>>> Vader. Vader died from turning to the light side, Yoda died of old age, after training Luke. Yoda was around far longer then Vader.

LOL, what the hell does it matter what happened in the actual story? It's not about the mythology, since it will have NO bearing on how they perform in the game. It is about a 7 ft tall psychopath in a scary suit with a scary voice compared to a 2 ft tall muppet with a voice like Cookie Monster :P

Yoda is cool and all and I would really like to have him too, but I know all the lems here would be saying PWNED IN THE FACE HAHA YODA SUCKS if the tables were turned. I know it.

James Earl Jones is a scary voice? Sorry if you can't accept the fact that Yoda is more powerful. Heck the guy that replaced Vader in the Empire was a better villain then Vader was.

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#55 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

excelR83

Well, based on Yoda's fight scenes in Ep II and Ep III I would have to say that I am more excited about playing Yoda.

DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 DXGreat1_HGL
[QUOTE="excelR83"]

Bgrngod

Well, based on Yoda's fight scenes in Ep II and Ep III I would have to say that I am more excited about playing Yoda.

Yea, Yoda is small, nimble and quick, whereas Vader is slow and lumbering.

excelR83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 excelR83
[QUOTE="excelR83"][QUOTE="PandaBear86"][QUOTE="humber_matus"][QUOTE="Mad_Rhetoric"]

cows get the most badass villian in the universe, and the lemming get an alien midgit

seriously WTF?

TheDarkDisciple

... lol ... lemmings got shafted ... have fun playing the inferior version newb.

Achievements are a pat on the head. They might be nice to have, but they add nothing to the actual game.

Might be just me, but I don't think "positive reinforcement" adds anything to my gaming experience.

man i don't know wtf you're talking about. But I see achievements as a challenge. Don't tell me you've never said to yourself "hmmm i wonder if i can do this, or that", something that most games wouldn't really tell you to do. it's exactly the same except achievements tell you when you've completed the goal. Sometimes they unlock new features as well.

See, I don't care. I don't go to middle school and tell my friends what my gamerscore is. If I want to do something pointless in a game, I just do it. If I want to get 4 stars and run from the cops for a full half hour, I just do it. As I said, all they are is a pat on the head. I would enjoy them if they are included in a game, but they sure aren't a deal-breaker, and don't make one version "superior" to another, especially when there are other differences, as there are in this case.

I think we're all missing the real point here anyway: who wants to play a fighter with the 360 controller and that horrid D-Pad? Are you all planning on buying a $100 joystick? :P

excelR83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 excelR83
[QUOTE="excelR83"][QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"][QUOTE="excelR83"][QUOTE="Demetri_OS"]

DXGreat1_HGL

Do you have a PS3? No?

James Earl Jones is a scary voice? Sorry if you can't accept the fact that Yoda is more powerful. Heck the guy that replaced Vader in the Empire was a better villain then Vader was.

:lol:

Yeah, Yoda is so much more powerful that he sat on his ass in the Dagobah system for decades instead of killing the only other known Jedi (Sith). He even knew Kenobi was out there, why didn't they team up and kick his ass?

ANSWER: IT'S A ****ING MOVIE!

It's a story they made up, it doesn't "fit" into any particular scheme, and it has, as I said, absolutely no bearing whatsoever on Soul Calibur.

Saying Vader is a weak villain is pretty much the worst damage control I have ever heard. I mean ever.

Dream-Bringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Dream-Bringer
Member since 2008 • 264 Posts
MUAHAHAHAHAHA :twisted:
Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#60 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
Uh, 360 wins, YODA!? Are you kidding me? That's friggen awesome. The Yoda fight scene in episode II was the only redeeming quaility of the first three star wars movies
DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 DXGreat1_HGL

:lol:

Yeah, Yoda is so much more powerful that he sat on his ass in the Dagobah system for decades instead of killing the only other known Jedi (Sith). He even knew Kenobi was out there, why didn't they team up and kick his ass?

ANSWER: IT'S A ****ING MOVIE!

It's a story they made up, it doesn't "fit" into any particular scheme, and it has, as I said, absolutely no bearing whatsoever on Soul Calibur.

Saying Vader is a weak villain is pretty much the worst damage control I have ever heard. I mean ever.

excelR83

Compared to a man in a robot suit that took orders from a weak older man? If Vader was so strong, how come he just took orders instead of actually ruled? The man that took over after Vader was far stronger then Vader and far more foreboding. Besides, you saying Yoda just hid is weaker damage control, revenge was always against the Jedi code. I guess you never realized that, Yoda never would have hunted Vader down.

MrGrimFandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MrGrimFandango
Member since 2005 • 5286 Posts
Yoda had the best fight scene in all of star wars, plz, Yoda > Vader 9 times out of 10.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
[QUOTE="humber_matus"][QUOTE="Mad_Rhetoric"]

seriously WTF?

PandaBear86

Yeah that a good reason to play a game....If I ever heard one

Jack_Bauer07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Jack_Bauer07
Member since 2006 • 1141 Posts

This reminds me of a certain video...

Star Wars nerds

saywat11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 saywat11
Member since 2007 • 596 Posts

I wish we got old kenobi instead, he's cooler than darth vadar. :(

but vadar is still pretty BA

Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts
That pisses me off. WHY in an awesome game.would they RUIN it with STAR WARS CHARACTERS ! omg.. its not meant to be ! talk about the apocolypse. Bad choices by both lucas, and SC4 Dev team/..
Syaoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Syaoran
Member since 2004 • 283 Posts

yeah

surgestrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 surgestrip
Member since 2002 • 706 Posts
[QUOTE="Mad_Rhetoric"]

seriously WTF?

ace52387

Vader is far from the most badass villain. Are you kidding me? Look at how dumb he looks. He has a fricken control panel on his chest. With gigantic buttons on it. That is ridiculous if I ever saw ridiculous.

LOL

just remembered classic moment in television history

"Which one of those buttons calls your mom to pick u up" --triumph@ starwars line... dont know what i speak of look it up classic

highlander0659

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 highlander0659
Member since 2003 • 1102 Posts
Yeah the PS3 is the clear winner here. Vader hunted down and destroyed the remainder of Jedi after Episode III. Just read the novels. While Yoda and Obiwan hid in fear of the Empire. Clearly Vader wins when you take into account Yoda's fear of him. Even Vader killed Sidious in the end remember. He never really had to take orders. Even on Mustafar he said that he could overtake the Emperor if the need arised. Lastly, Vader was so strong with the force that he didn't even need to be nimble. That's how he killed all the rest of the hiding Jedi. Yeah, the PS3 triumphs once again.
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts
damn,im so excited about this game....if they include more characters from movies/games this would be another smash brawl:P...anyways yeah i am excited into playin as yoda:D but i would preffer him

DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DXGreat1_HGL

Here's how you sum up this debate:

Darth Vader (PS3) - The mainstream movie audience quantifies him as one of the baddest villians ever. However, his character is just a classic of case of manipulation. Emporer Palpatine corrupted him as a teenager, goaded him into killing Mace Windu and slaughtering little kids and then lied to him about Padme, causing him to be evil. In the end, Vader was just a puppet controlled by Palpatine that bullied his subordinates instead of taking responsibility for his own incompatence and then turned good at the end. He couldn't outdual his own son even though his son had less training then him.

Yoda(360) - Small in stature, experienced and easy to underestimate. A very capable warrior that put himself into exile after the destruction of the Jedi army, because of the guilt of not seeing the turn of Anakin. Ended up training Luke into bcoming capable enough to fight Vader to a close lose and a win by having Luke run around a swamp carrying him.

So, who's the stronger character? The misguided teen or the grizzled warrior?

ss_49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ss_49
Member since 2007 • 1337 Posts

:lol: I love how anytime StarWars comes up in conversation, it turns into a massive debate that has nothing to do with the topic at hand...it's only a matter of time before the "Han/Greedo shot first" crap breaks out :lol:

I'll be getting SC4 for the ps3...only because I don't feel like dishing out $90 for the 360 Hori stick.

I'd actually much rather play Yoda.

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#74 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts
Oh wait a minute. NOw the PS3 is getting hated on for getting special treatment? No can't be.
NutJobJim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 NutJobJim
Member since 2006 • 336 Posts

Will probably buy the PS3 version to play as Vader then trade it in after a couple months and buy the 360 version to play as Yoda. Hopefully Namco will realise the money making potential and make a Soul Calibur Star Wars edition featuring all our favourite Jedi and Sith Lords.

Dream-Bringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Dream-Bringer
Member since 2008 • 264 Posts

Darth Vader (PS3) - The mainstream movie audience quantifies him as one of the baddest villians ever. However, his character is just a classic of case of manipulation. Emporer Palpatine corrupted him as a teenager, goaded him into killing Mace Windu and slaughtering little kids and then lied to him about Padme, causing him to be evil. In the end, Vader was just a puppet controlled by Palpatine that bullied his subordinates instead of taking responsibility for his own incompatence and then turned good at the end. He couldn't outdual his own son even though his son had less training then him.

Yoda(360) - Small in stature, experienced and easy to underestimate. A very capable warrior that put himself into exile after the destruction of the Jedi army, because of the guilt of not seeing the turn of Anakin. Ended up training Luke into bcoming capable enough to fight Vader to a close lose and a win by having Luke run around a swamp carrying him.

DXGreat1_HGL

Oh be quiet, its just fictional characters from movies put into an even more fictional video game for fun. Nothing to do with any other bull.

As simple as this: Vader - black and red ( obviously PS3 )

Yoda - Green ( 360 )

JUST HAVE FUN!

DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 DXGreat1_HGL
[QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"]

Dream-Bringer

Oh shut up, its just fictional characters from movies put into an even more fictional video game for fun. Nothing to do with any other bull.

As simple as this: Vader - black and red ( obviously PS3 )

Yoda - Green ( 360 )

Typical, cows try to claim ownage and then back out when they start losing...

nicenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 nicenator
Member since 2005 • 1938 Posts
Getting to fight with Vader using the PS3s controller (D-pad) is more than enough reason to get this game on the PS3 for me. 360 version looks good too, but having played DOA4, i know that the 360 controller just doesnt do fighters.
Forza_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Forza_2
Member since 2007 • 3083 Posts

Oh wait a minute. NOw the PS3 is getting hated on for getting special treatment? No can't be.Cedmln
Since when the PS3 is getting special treatment ?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46598 Posts
OMFG lame fanboys 'round here:
no darth vader iz da best !!!!111 ps3 FTL !!!
no no yoda izz da best !!!!111 360 FTW !!!

djesus :s, they are both great characters with amazing fighting skills ! I would love to get them both in just one version, but that just won't be it.
Anyways I think I'll go for yoda (FLAMESHIELD READY !!!!)

I hope Namco puts some more of these characters (not just from SW) in Soul Calibur IV, like nintendo did with SSBB
starfxxxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 starfxxxer
Member since 2004 • 3295 Posts

lol ...reminds me of this:

nicenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 nicenator
Member since 2005 • 1938 Posts

DXGreat1_HGL

Id still go with the misguided teen, because when it came down to it, by the end, there was pretty much only Luke he couldnt beat. Yoda, on the other hand, couldn't finish off either Count Dooku (Vader did it) or the emperor (Vader did it) in the only two battles we saw him in.

XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts
[QUOTE="ace52387"][QUOTE="Mad_Rhetoric"]

seriously WTF?

surgestrip

Vader is far from the most badass villain. Are you kidding me? Look at how dumb he looks. He has a fricken control panel on his chest. With gigantic buttons on it. That is ridiculous if I ever saw ridiculous.

LOL

just remembered classic moment in television history

"Which one of those buttons calls your mom to pick u up" --triumph@ starwars line... dont know what i speak of look it up classic

Yes that was such a great line that whole bit was hilarious. I laughed so hard during the whole segment.

As for the topic Darth Vader imo is the better choice I mean he's such a badass. I mean cmon hes iconic and if im not mistaking "the most powerful jedi ever"? Vader>>>Yoda I mean yoda is cool but not as cool as sleek black vader. You don't see Yoda on the back of some psps now do u?

murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#84 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
I thought 360/PS3 get both Vader/Yoda oh well good thing i have a 360 Yoda is my favorite StarWars character
MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 MegaPigeon
Member since 2007 • 1726 Posts

yeah, I feel 360 only owners got the short end of the stick on that one.......MikeE21286

duh duh duh dum *symbol*

Cellpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Cellpwn
Member since 2007 • 1052 Posts

lol ...reminds me of this:

starfxxxer
You almost made coffee go out my nose :P
Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

Never really cared for Star Wars. They look out of place to tell you the truth. Laser vs. metal, wtf? How is that suppose to work? Ryu H. and Kratos are much better options. I hope we can dowload new characters in the future.

Drukter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Drukter
Member since 2006 • 1484 Posts

Never really cared for Star Wars. They look out of place to tell you the truth. Laser vs. metal, wtf? How is that suppose to work? Ryu H. and Kratos are much better options. I hope we can dowload new characters in the future.

Blazed

I know. What the *beep* did they think with on this one? Uh.

ziggy87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ziggy87
Member since 2006 • 873 Posts

yeah, I feel 360 only owners got the short end of the stick on that one.......MikeE21286

ha i get it pun

darkslider99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 darkslider99
Member since 2004 • 11374 Posts
[QUOTE="PandaBear86"]

seriously WTF?

Mad_Rhetoric

Darth Vader = black clothes (same color as PS3)

Yoda = green (like Xbox 360 game cases)

Darth Vader= Black (like xbox elites)
Yoda=Green (like the color of the moeny you dish out for a PS3)
See? I can do it too
akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#91 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts

this is the first i've heard of each version getting a seperate character

i had assumed that both versions would get both characters

can someone give me a link confirming this?

akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#92 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts

this is the first i've heard of each version getting a seperate character

i had assumed that both versions would get both characters

can someone give me a link confirming this?

akif22

doesn't matter, found a link. for reference:

http://kotaku.com/343067/ps3-xbox-360-get-exclusive-star-wars-soulcalibur-iv-characters

dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
If Obi-Wan Kenobi's padawan ass can essentially kill Vader, who wouldn't think Yoda could. Alot of Star Wars geeks would tell you that Annakin was much stronger in human form. Either way though SC will probably be pretty crappy.
animation_imp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 animation_imp
Member since 2005 • 155 Posts

It's going to be a difficult decision.

Owning both consoles means I have the luxury of trying to get the most ideal version of multiplats.

This one however is a though nut to crack, but at the moment I'm leaning towards the ps3 version. I played the previous SC on playstation consoles and I like the controll scheme and the controllers.

Also Vader is in my humble oppinion more iconic to the SW universe than Yoda (it's close though).

But most of all, I'm one of those guys who will never forgive Lucas for making the prequels. Where the originnal trilogy was one of the most influencial movie series in film history (it changed the ways movies are made and started the whole blockbuster/marketing rave), the three prequel episodes just don't carry the same charm.

Why? The mysticism got lost. The force became something measurable with a device, Obi Wan meets R2 and C3po since his first missions, but doesn't recognise them in episode IV (very unlikely), annakin looks like a member of a boysband and does nothing but whining and whining, the plot twists come much too easy and the most dramatic events in SW history (the destruction of the Jedi order) gets only ten minutes coverage. Weak. But most of all I was horrified by how they made yoda fight. It's very uncharacteristic for a jedi to fight so erratic. Yoda should have had a more Tai Chi fightstyle, relaxed, flowing evading all with seemingly no movement.... The Jedi used to be ronin and samurais in space, in episodes 1 2 and 3 Lucas decided to go all out in the choreography departement, resulting in spectacular visuals, but losing the psychology and eastern feeling of the originnal films.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

DXGreat1_HGL
You pick out Vader's flaws but not Yoda's. He was blinded by the dark side, easily. Yoda chatted with Palpatine while Palpatine was using the dark side to bend the senate to his will. Not to mention the incredibly convoluted plan by Palpatine (Could have been stopped easily if Anakin had been taken under control or The Emperor questioned) that Yoda just watched the Jedi order crumble around him. And while hiding in the swamp did he ever attempt to help the people under the Empires control? You could argue that he was waiting for Luke though. And Vader bullying subordinates because of his faults? No, he only did that when they screwed up. And he couldn't defeat his son because of the strife going on within (Good vs Evil). And not to mention it is Vader who actually kills the Emperor. Not Yoda, Not Obi-Wan, Not Luke...Vader. Really, people have a skewed view of Vader and Yoda here. And yes, I'm a geek. And both consoles still win.
DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 DXGreat1_HGL
[QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"]

Ibacai

You pick out Vader's flaws but not Yoda's. He was blinded by the dark side, easily. Yoda chatted with Palpatine while Palpatine was using the dark side to bend the senate to his will. Not to mention the incredibly convoluted plan by Palpatine (Could have been stopped easily if Anakin had been taken under control or The Emperor questioned) that Yoda just watched the Jedi order crumble around him. And while hiding in the swamp did he ever attempt to help the people under the Empires control? You could argue that he was waiting for Luke though. And Vader bullying subordinates because of his faults? No, he only did that when they screwed up. And he couldn't defeat his son because of the strife going on within (Good vs Evil). And not to mention it is Vader who actually kills the Emperor. Not Yoda, Not Obi-Wan, Not Luke...Vader. Really, people have a skewed view of Vader and Yoda here. And yes, I'm a geek. And both consoles still win.

The point of the argument was which character was stronger and it's more then obvious that Yoda wins. Yoda fought both Palpatine and Dooku to a stalemate whereas Vader needed help to defeat both and it still doesn't account for the fact that Luke, with very little Jedi training was able to hold his own against Vader. It's the mainstream that continues to quantify Vader as a powerful villian, when in the end he is only a pawn of Palpatine and both his predecessor and successor are more powerful...

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
[QUOTE="Ibacai"][QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"]

DXGreat1_HGL

The point of the argument was which character was stronger and it's more then obvious that Yoda wins. Yoda fought both Palpatine and Dooku to a stalemate whereas Vader needed help to defeat both and it still doesn't account for the fact that Luke, with very little Jedi training was able to hold his own against Vader. It's the mainstream that continues to quantify Vader as a powerful villian, when in the end he is only a pawn of Palpatine and both his predecessor and successor are more powerful...

Again you are missing the point Vader wins where Yoda is defeated. Dooku and the Emperor are both killed by Vader. Dooku with no help (Obi-Wan is taken out early) and the Emperor after being beaten by his son and only one hand. And the reason he was beaten by Luke is already stated, you just disregard it. Pawn or not Vader was still the stronger, as Palpatine said he would be in Episode 3.
Minglis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#98 Minglis
Member since 2004 • 476 Posts

sif bag yoda.

darth vader was my favourite anyway, i loved his cold blooded nature, he was the perfect villian. (eps 1,2 and 3 dont count, although i didnt mind hayden christensen)

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts

Again you are missing the point Vader wins where Yoda is defeated. Dooku and the Emperor are both killed by Vader. Dooku with no help (Obi-Wan is taken out early) and the Emperor after being beaten by his son and only one hand. And the reason he was beaten by Luke is already stated, you just disregard it. Pawn or not Vader was still the stronger, as Palpatine said he would be in Episode 3.Ibacai

To be honest, pointing to Vader killing the Emperor to prove he's stronger than Yoda is kinda weak, especially when the Emperor was basically blindsided by Vader while he was busy using Force Lightning on Luke. Picking up a frail old man and throwing him off a bridge doesn't really take much skill. Hell, I can do that. Give me a old man, I'll prove it.:lol:

-platy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 -platy-
Member since 2007 • 593 Posts
this is turning into a star wars geek out. pff