Same Day AAA games on Gamepass proven to be a money pit for MS that Sony and Nintendo will NEVER adopt???

  • 150 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Avatar image for drlostrib
DrLostRib

5109

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5109 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:
@Ant_17 said:

@lundy86_4: Burden falls on the people we accuse, doesn't it? We say people paid 1 buck, they have to prove us wrong.

And it was the E3 promo that converts Live to GPU. Found some cheap Live cards and reached 3 years and then entered the promo.

It didn't convert all the months, but it's untill 2022.

Not at all. The accuser provides the evidence.

Ahhh, so an oversight, rather than a legitimate avenue. Nice job for finding and utilizing that. I would have done the same.

It was legitimate, but it wasn't just for $1. You basically buy 3 years worth of XBL gold, and then use the Gamepass ultimate for $1 promo and it will convert all your remaining XBL Gold time to xbox gamepass ultimate, up to 36 months

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

35715

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 64

User Lists: 0

#102 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 35715 Posts

LOL. Gamepass is going to rekt the competition. It must suck relying solely on PS+ and whatever Nintendo offerings are.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

3499

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#103 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 3499 Posts

@Pedro: No, gamepass is gonna rekt Microsoft. Sony and Nintendo sell far more first party software than Microsoft, and at $60. Microsoft makes a couple games a year and gives them away for $10 a month. Gamepass is a PR stunt gone wrong.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

54046

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#104 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 54046 Posts

@drlostrib said:

It was legitimate, but it wasn't just for $1. You basically buy 3 years worth of XBL gold, and then use the Gamepass ultimate for $1 promo and it will convert all your remaining XBL Gold time to xbox gamepass ultimate, up to 36 months

Ohhhh, for some reason I read it as being kind of a glitch and people took advantage. That's actually pretty decent.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

35715

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 64

User Lists: 0

#105 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 35715 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

@Pedro: No, gamepass is gonna rekt Microsoft. Sony and Nintendo sell far more first party software than Microsoft, and at $60. Microsoft makes a couple games a year and gives them away for $10 a month. Gamepass is a PR stunt gone wrong.

LOL. If you think that meager Gamepass would rekt Microsoft then you are not being a logical person. :)

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

3499

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#106 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 3499 Posts

@Pedro: I misspoke. I meant the Xbox division, not Microsoft.

Avatar image for blueinheaven
blueinheaven

4594

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#107 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 4594 Posts
@xhawk27 said:

IF Sony did this for underwhelming games like Days Gone and the weird as sh@t Death Standing they would have millions of people using PS Now to try and see if these games are for them. I think next Gen you will see them do this but maybe not day and date. A few months after release more likely.

Days Gone is a fantastic game. I thought I was going to hate it and ended up loving it. I saw you describing it as Days Flop (cringe) let's forget the incredibly immature fanboy mud-slinging for a minute I have completed both Days Gone and Gears 5 and Days is a FAR far better game, hands-down no competition whatsoever.

You'd know this if you played both games. I'm not saying Gears 5 is a bad game, it isn't it's quite good, I'm just pointing out what an idiot you look slagging off such an excellent game to punctuate your endless fanboy drivel on a message board.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

35715

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 64

User Lists: 0

#108 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 35715 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

@Pedro: I misspoke. I meant the Xbox division, not Microsoft.

Gotcha, MS apparently sees a future with Gamepass and is willing to sink money into the venture. If they want to be the Netflix of gaming, they have to burn through some capital investment.

Avatar image for xhawk27
xhawk27

11401

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#109  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 11401 Posts

@blueinheaven said:
@xhawk27 said:

IF Sony did this for underwhelming games like Days Gone and the weird as sh@t Death Standing they would have millions of people using PS Now to try and see if these games are for them. I think next Gen you will see them do this but maybe not day and date. A few months after release more likely.

Days Gone is a fantastic game. I thought I was going to hate it and ended up loving it. I saw you describing it as Days Flop (cringe) let's forget the incredibly immature fanboy mud-slinging for a minute I have completed both Days Gone and Gears 5 and Days is a FAR far better game, hands-down no competition whatsoever.

You'd know this if you played both games. I'm not saying Gears 5 is a bad game, it isn't it's quite good, I'm just pointing out what an idiot you look slagging off such an excellent game to punctuate your endless fanboy drivel on a message board.

No it isn't. Gears 5 has a higher score than Days Gone and that is for a reason. Stop with the BS damage control about Days Gone got the low scores because of SWJ reviewers. That game had a lot more bugs than Gears 5 has from what I read online in April. It's a Generic Zombie game. There are far better open world games out there from what some people have said about the game.

I was going to buy it when it went on Sale but I am going to boycott Sony games until they start putting Multiplayer in their games.

Avatar image for pdogg93
pdogg93

1684

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#110 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1684 Posts

@Pedro: MS is trying whatever they can to get people interested in Xbox because their games sure don’t.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

54046

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#111  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 54046 Posts

@pdogg93 said:

@Pedro: MS is trying whatever they can to get people interested in Xbox because their games sure don’t.

They're utilizing the same model as Origin Access or Uplay+... I played Anthem (sadly) day 1 with Access. EA clearly sees a market, and Ubisoft is joining the game, but MS are the idiots?

@boxrekt never bothered to respond to this same post earlier in the thread.

Edit: GR: Breakpoint is also heading to Uplay+. A new release, much like Anthem and Gears 5.

Avatar image for blueinheaven
blueinheaven

4594

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#112 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 4594 Posts
@xhawk27 said:
@blueinheaven said:
@xhawk27 said:

IF Sony did this for underwhelming games like Days Gone and the weird as sh@t Death Standing they would have millions of people using PS Now to try and see if these games are for them. I think next Gen you will see them do this but maybe not day and date. A few months after release more likely.

Days Gone is a fantastic game. I thought I was going to hate it and ended up loving it. I saw you describing it as Days Flop (cringe) let's forget the incredibly immature fanboy mud-slinging for a minute I have completed both Days Gone and Gears 5 and Days is a FAR far better game, hands-down no competition whatsoever.

You'd know this if you played both games. I'm not saying Gears 5 is a bad game, it isn't it's quite good, I'm just pointing out what an idiot you look slagging off such an excellent game to punctuate your endless fanboy drivel on a message board.

No it isn't. Gears 5 has a higher score than Days Gone and that is for a reason. Stop with the BS damage control about Days Gone got the low scores because of SWJ reviewers. That game had a lot more bugs than Gears 5 has from what I read online in April. It's a Generic Zombie game. There are far better open world games out there from what some people have said about the game.

I was going to buy it when it went on Sale but I am going to boycott Sony games until they start putting Multiplayer in their games.

I don't care what score Days Gone has. It got popular very quickly to hate on it with reviewers and there was a huge backlash from players i.e. people who actually fucking played it past a few hours and based their opinion on that.

There is nothing generic about the horde mode or the bike transportation it's a really good game. You wouldn't know this because you've never played it. The upgrade mechanics are done really well too.

You were NEVER going to buy it because you don't own a PS4 so let's just quit the BS and ignore your pointless fanboy drivel you have nothing to add here, not even an opinion because it's a game you have never played and never will play.

If you want to talk about generic let's talk about Gears 5. I swear to God I thought I was playing Gears 4 for the VAST majority of it. Not saying that's necessarily a bad thing but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. I expected more.

Days was the opposite. I went in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

The difference between you and me is I have no allegiance whatsoever to any piece of hardware including PC (my preferred platform) I just go where the big games are wherever that takes me because I love games they are my hobby and my passion.

Slagging off games you have never played and never will play makes you look a complete idiot. That's not an opinion that's stone cold rock solid fact.

Avatar image for bluestars
Bluestars

268

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#114  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 268 Posts

@blueinheaven:

Gears 5 is better than days gone, much better

But hey that’s just my opinion and unlike you I’m not so far up my own arse that I think my opinion is gospel

But days gone is decent, better than TLOU imo

Avatar image for phbz
phbz

4721

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#115 phbz
Member since 2009 • 4721 Posts

The meltdown is real. 🤣 Guys chill, just because the Xbox got a good game no need to freakout. I'm sure Death Stranding will get 10/10s.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

35715

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 64

User Lists: 0

#116 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 35715 Posts

@pdogg93 said:

@Pedro: MS is trying whatever they can to get people interested in Xbox because their games sure don’t.

LOL. You think that Gamepass goal is to gain peoples interest in Xbox. That's rather naive perspective. You are not seeing the big picture. The end goal is service for MS as a company. Service is where all entertainment is migrating to, gaming is no exception. The market will still cater to the traditional gamer like the other mediums but the focus will be on service.

Avatar image for daniel_su123
Daniel_Su123

1084

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#117  Edited By Daniel_Su123
Member since 2015 • 1084 Posts

@phbz: I think Sony fans are more salty on the fact that Sony will never offer be able to copy Microsoft's aggressive investments.

Avatar image for daniel_su123
Daniel_Su123

1084

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#118  Edited By Daniel_Su123
Member since 2015 • 1084 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Game Pass on it's own is not the worst idea. But, in the usual MS style they're obviously a little too eager to give it away in their usual attempt to crash the market. They have billions for this unsustainable experiment, and they know their competitors can't copy this model because they actually make a profit with their gaming business, unlike MS, who doesn't need the money from gaming at all. They only care about scheming toward the next conquest.

I say, let 'em find out the hard way. I'm gonna take advantage of it as it means I never have to pay full price for their AAAs again. MS is all about disposable gaming now. If they think making $3 million in revenue in discounted GP subs against $50 to $100 million dollar games is a long term "strategy"...

Loading Video...

I mean if Microsoft makes Sony irrelevant in a growing trend then Microsoft would be happy. Sony knows that that they will never be able to compete against the resources MS has, especially now that MS as a whole subsidising the losses GP makes, hence why Sony is trying to resist going down that GP route.

IF Sony tries to follow the GP route, arguably Sony will likely be bankrupt trying to compete.

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

6239

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#119 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 6239 Posts

Gamepass at the moment is probably losing microsoft a lot money, probably in hundred of millions. They are betting on the upfront $180 3 year gamepass ultimate deals for quick revenue and returning customer re-subscribing to the service for $10 later next year once the $1 deals is over.

Avatar image for phbz
phbz

4721

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#120 phbz
Member since 2009 • 4721 Posts

@daniel_su123: GamePass has been here forever. The last time I remember this conversation was when FH4 came out. The triggering mechanism is clear.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

5123

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#121 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 5123 Posts

@daniel_su123 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Game Pass on it's own is not the worst idea. But, in the usual MS style they're obviously a little too eager to give it away in their usual attempt to crash the market. They have billions for this unsustainable experiment, and they know their competitors can't copy this model because they actually make a profit with their gaming business, unlike MS, who doesn't need the money from gaming at all. They only care about scheming toward the next conquest.

I say, let 'em find out the hard way. I'm gonna take advantage of it as it means I never have to pay full price for their AAAs again. MS is all about disposable gaming now. If they think making $3 million in revenue in discounted GP subs against $50 to $100 million dollar games is a long term "strategy"...

Loading Video...

I mean if Microsoft makes Sony irrelevant in a growing trend then Microsoft would be happy. Sony knows that that they will never be able to compete against the resources MS has, especially now that MS as a whole subsidising the losses GP makes, hence why Sony is trying to resist going down that GP route.

IF Sony tries to follow the GP route, arguably Sony will likely be bankrupt trying to compete.

I doubt Sony would be bankrupt, it's just unprofitable. Its a pretty dumb idea for them to follow right now giving away their new games as cheap rentals while Playstation is a money maker. This is an unproven venture right now.

MS was pretty much out of moves when they made this decision. So far, with their current track record with Xbox, this isn't guaranteed to move the needle for them either. For all we know, Game Pass could be the Movie Pass equivalent. Too good to be true, and suffers for it.

Avatar image for daniel_su123
Daniel_Su123

1084

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#122 Daniel_Su123
Member since 2015 • 1084 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin:

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@daniel_su123 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Game Pass on it's own is not the worst idea. But, in the usual MS style they're obviously a little too eager to give it away in their usual attempt to crash the market. They have billions for this unsustainable experiment, and they know their competitors can't copy this model because they actually make a profit with their gaming business, unlike MS, who doesn't need the money from gaming at all. They only care about scheming toward the next conquest.

I say, let 'em find out the hard way. I'm gonna take advantage of it as it means I never have to pay full price for their AAAs again. MS is all about disposable gaming now. If they think making $3 million in revenue in discounted GP subs against $50 to $100 million dollar games is a long term "strategy"...

Loading Video...

I mean if Microsoft makes Sony irrelevant in a growing trend then Microsoft would be happy. Sony knows that that they will never be able to compete against the resources MS has, especially now that MS as a whole subsidising the losses GP makes, hence why Sony is trying to resist going down that GP route.

IF Sony tries to follow the GP route, arguably Sony will likely be bankrupt trying to compete.

I doubt Sony would be bankrupt, it's just unprofitable. Its a pretty dumb idea for them to follow right now giving away their new games as cheap rentals while Playstation is a money maker. This is an unproven venture right now.

MS was pretty much out of moves when they made this decision. So far, with their current track record with Xbox, this isn't guaranteed to move the needle for them either. For all we know, Game Pass could be the Movie Pass equivalent. Too good to be true, and suffers for it.

PS division as a whole is propping up Sony as a whole. Sony will likely be in accumulate debt trying to compete directly against MS.

I think MS knows the risk hence why they are making more radical moves with Xbox, because they can afford to. But if Microsoft manages to have 10s of millions of subs on Game Pass they will reap massive rewards for it. It's likely GP is around 5-10 Million subs.

Avatar image for ten_pints
Ten_Pints

3938

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#123 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 3938 Posts

I'm not sure how MS ever expect to make a profit out of Gamepass if they are pretty much giving it away. Games like Gears are play once games and never play again. If I had an Xbox I would buy gamepass just to do that.

At that price I doubt they are even breaking even uploading the game to users.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

5123

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#124 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 5123 Posts

@daniel_su123 said:

@BenjaminBanklin:

PS division as a whole is propping up Sony as a whole. Sony will likely be in accumulate debt trying to compete directly against MS.

I think MS knows the risk hence why they are making more radical moves with Xbox, because they can afford to. But if Microsoft manages to have 10s of millions of subs on Game Pass they will reap massive rewards for it. It's likely GP is around 5-10 Million subs.

Except they already compete directly with MS and wrecked Xbox for two generations. 😂

Also, if GP had that many subs, Gears "player count" should have been much bigger than it was. But it's hard to speculate when MS refuses to give information. The key is how many they retain in the end too. If GP was that great a temptation, they wouldn't have to nickel and dime to get it out there.

Avatar image for xhawk27
xhawk27

11401

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#125  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 11401 Posts

@blueinheaven: Yeah sure like Idiots that bash Xbox games but never play them. I stated facts about Days Gone that people have said about the game. I do have a PS4 so you are wrong about that. I don't buy every game that I have no Interest in playing. I have played Uncharted 4 and it felt like I was playing Uncharted 3 for some parts of it. You sound like the fanboy to me.

Avatar image for Ant_17
Ant_17

12935

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#126 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@daniel_su123 said:

@BenjaminBanklin:

@BenjaminBanklin said:

I doubt Sony would be bankrupt, it's just unprofitable. Its a pretty dumb idea for them to follow right now giving away their new games as cheap rentals while Playstation is a money maker. This is an unproven venture right now.

MS was pretty much out of moves when they made this decision. So far, with their current track record with Xbox, this isn't guaranteed to move the needle for them either. For all we know, Game Pass could be the Movie Pass equivalent. Too good to be true, and suffers for it.

PS division as a whole is propping up Sony as a whole. Sony will likely be in accumulate debt trying to compete directly against MS.

I think MS knows the risk hence why they are making more radical moves with Xbox, because they can afford to. But if Microsoft manages to have 10s of millions of subs on Game Pass they will reap massive rewards for it. It's likely GP is around 5-10 Million subs.

Interesting take.

So 10 million subs by 1 buck is...$10 mill.

Wow.

https://sensortower.com/blog/fate-grand-order-revenue-3-billion

Sony is known for chart-topping console blockbusters, but its greatest financial success in gaming has come on mobile. The title responsible is Fate/Grand Order from developer Delightworks and Sony’s Aniplex arm. According to Sensor Tower Store Intelligence data, the game has grossed an estimated $3 billion across the App Store and Google Play worldwide since launching in August 2015.

To put Fate/Grand Order’s success into perspective, that figure is the equivalent of a PlayStation 4 title selling 50 million copies at $60. It’s also five times what the most successful PS4 game to date, Horizon: Zero Dawn, would have grossed on its 10 million copies at full retail price.

Yeah, Sony out the door if they don't put their 1st party games in PSNow.

Avatar image for daniel_su123
Daniel_Su123

1084

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#127  Edited By Daniel_Su123
Member since 2015 • 1084 Posts

@Ant_17:

@Ant_17 said:
@daniel_su123 said:

@BenjaminBanklin:

@BenjaminBanklin said:

I doubt Sony would be bankrupt, it's just unprofitable. Its a pretty dumb idea for them to follow right now giving away their new games as cheap rentals while Playstation is a money maker. This is an unproven venture right now.

MS was pretty much out of moves when they made this decision. So far, with their current track record with Xbox, this isn't guaranteed to move the needle for them either. For all we know, Game Pass could be the Movie Pass equivalent. Too good to be true, and suffers for it.

PS division as a whole is propping up Sony as a whole. Sony will likely be in accumulate debt trying to compete directly against MS.

I think MS knows the risk hence why they are making more radical moves with Xbox, because they can afford to. But if Microsoft manages to have 10s of millions of subs on Game Pass they will reap massive rewards for it. It's likely GP is around 5-10 Million subs.

Interesting take.

So 10 million subs by 1 buck is...$10 mill.

Wow.

https://sensortower.com/blog/fate-grand-order-revenue-3-billion

Sony is known for chart-topping console blockbusters, but its greatest financial success in gaming has come on mobile. The title responsible is Fate/Grand Order from developer Delightworks and Sony’s Aniplex arm. According to Sensor Tower Store Intelligence data, the game has grossed an estimated $3 billion across the App Store and Google Play worldwide since launching in August 2015.

To put Fate/Grand Order’s success into perspective, that figure is the equivalent of a PlayStation 4 title selling 50 million copies at $60. It’s also five times what the most successful PS4 game to date, Horizon: Zero Dawn, would have grossed on its 10 million copies at full retail price.

Yeah, Sony out the door if they don't put their 1st party games in PSNow.

If Microsoft is happy burning money to gain a monopoly and market share in the market, they will. Obvious MS will be able to be in the red far far longer than Netflix or Sony.

TBH it's better to have a big user base but have low revenue than say have big profits but a tiny user base, especially in the world of content subscriptions.

Have a small user base but most profit doesn't give reasons for devs to put their games on that service.

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
robert_sparkes

3448

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#128 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 3448 Posts

Can't see Sony adopting ms stance on exclusives day one on a game pass type service when it will obviously effect software sales.

Avatar image for howmakewood
Howmakewood

5975

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#129  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 5975 Posts

@Ant_17: 80% of FATE's income is from JPN only, they sure as hell love their gacha trash

Avatar image for tdkmillsy
tdkmillsy

3138

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#130 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 3138 Posts

@clone01 said:
@boxrekt said:

Surprised no one has reported on this but it's all roses and rainbows on this delusional board so here is some reality...Gamepass, under the day and date strategy, is a complete BUST and failure!!!

The way MS has tried to promote Gamepass dropping AAA games on it for $1 or $2 the same day of release is a DISASTER.

Honestly, how idiotic do you have to be to NOT see how this wouldn't blow up in your face negatively?

Loading Video...

Does anyone here think for even one second that 3 million "player" count that MS bragged about (mostly $2 gamepass subs) made up for missing out of those $60 initial release sales? Anyone?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/uk-gears-5-sold-a-quarter-of-gears-4-sales-boxed-sales-digital-and-gp-majority-by-far-bl3-biggest-box-launch-of-the-year-less-than-half-of-bl2.141317/

What we have to remember is that Gears is available to not just xbox's 40 million base but also PC's 200 million user base.

MS reported Gears 5 have 3 million "players" in a week. By comparison God of War had 3 million $60 sales in 3 days on PS4 ALONE.

So much for: "it's best to put games on everything, Gamepass makes more money, Sony will copy MS and put games day and date on rental blah blah."

Clearly devaluing your multi-million dollar AAA franchises isn't the way to generate financial success in gaming.

Sorry this is NOT the future and neither Sony nor Nintendo will ever follow this idiotic money burning formula.

I'm surprised Microsoft hasn't put out a restraining order on you, cashangry, considering how much you stalk them.

I doubt every God of War sold was $60 and how much from money made went on shop, production (disk/case).

compared to a lower amount sold at retail and loads of new subscriptions to Game Pass.

I don't see many people saying they paid the $2 to play one game and more and more are saying I have GamePass because its good value.

Microsoft want you on GamePass as they have a business model to make it work, they will need to take hits like a loss in retail sales on big games to get people on it.

Just like Netflix would probably have had to do in the early stages. If they get enough people on it (both PC and xbox) to make enough money to make enough games people want to play, to keep enough people on it, it will be a big success. Just like Netflix.

Quite a few if's there mind, but I like the way they doing it.

Avatar image for Ghost120x
Ghost120x

5395

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#131 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 5395 Posts

I would have never played Gears 5 otherwise. It's too early to call it a failure. If they keep the content coming people may hold on to their sub waiting for the next game they want to play. For me, hopefully Halo comes out before may 2020 so I can cancel my sub after I play it lol.

Avatar image for TheEroica
TheEroica

18483

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#132 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 18483 Posts

Theyre playing for your service fee....

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

38625

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#133  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 38625 Posts

@phbz said:

The meltdown is real. 🤣 Guys chill, just because the Xbox got a good game no need to freakout. I'm sure Death Stranding will get 10/10s.

Avatar image for blueinheaven
blueinheaven

4594

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#135 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 4594 Posts
@bluestars said:

@blueinheaven:

Gears 5 is better than days gone, much better

But hey that’s just my opinion and unlike you I’m not so far up my own arse that I think my opinion is gospel

But days gone is decent, better than TLOU imo

You can hate Days Gone for all I care if you played it and formed your own opinion. I was talking to the clown slagging it off who has never played it.

I never said or even implied my opinion was gospel please learn to read. Thanks.

@xhawk27 said:

@blueinheaven: Yeah sure like Idiots that bash Xbox games but never play them. I stated facts about Days Gone that people have said about the game. I do have a PS4 so you are wrong about that. I don't buy every game that I have no Interest in playing. I have played Uncharted 4 and it felt like I was playing Uncharted 3 for some parts of it. You sound like the fanboy to me.

I own a PS4 Pro and a PC and play games on both and love games on both, including some Xbox games on PC.

You have an Xbox and slag off PS4 games you haven't even played. Who's the fanboy here? Apart from the rank stupidity involved in hating on games you know nothing about, that is the very epitome of a rabid hysterical fanboy and nothing will ever change the fact laying into games you haven't played makes you look a complete idiot.

Oh and btw reviewers slated Days Gone without playing it properly. Look at reviews on Youtube and read the comments from people who actually played it who have pretty much the opposite opinion of the reviewers.

You're soon going to need industrial equipment to help with that massive hole you're digging and I don't believe for even a fleeting nanosecond that you own a PS4.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

35715

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 64

User Lists: 0

#136 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 35715 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:

Can someone else here confirm or disproof?: I have played Bloodstained on the Switch for a little bit, and today launched Bloodstained on Gamepass for PC.

And what do I see? A save file. Hmm... Does this game have cross save with the Switch? I didn't see anything about that? Or do I have a random person's save file? I kinda doubt that it's mine. >___>

If true, then that will be awesome. This is what gaming should be. Play where you want, on what you want and your progress and games travel with you.

Avatar image for pyro1245
pyro1245

5388

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#137 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 5388 Posts

@Pedro said:
@KungfuKitten said:

Can someone else here confirm or disproof?: I have played Bloodstained on the Switch for a little bit, and today launched Bloodstained on Gamepass for PC.

And what do I see? A save file. Hmm... Does this game have cross save with the Switch? I didn't see anything about that? Or do I have a random person's save file? I kinda doubt that it's mine. >___>

If true, then that will be awesome. This is what gaming should be. Play where you want, on what you want and your progress and games travel with you.

Indeed.

I have this experience with Forza Horizon 4 between Xbox in the living room and PC in the bedroom and it's fantastic.

Avatar image for KungfuKitten
KungfuKitten

26858

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

#138  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 26858 Posts

@Pedro: I wouldn't get my hopes up. I think I got further in on the Switch version. I bet it's a bug of sorts. (Actually, now that I think about it, it's probably my progress made in the game's Beta on PC.)

But yes. That's how gaming should be. Play anywhere.

Avatar image for shellcase86
shellcase86

4549

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#139 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 4549 Posts

Just to pipe in on the Netflix commentary. Netflix is not $1 a month.

Avatar image for thatdbfan
ThatDBFan

431

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#140 ThatDBFan
Member since 2019 • 431 Posts

And here we are with yet another Box "I hate Xbox" rekt thread, yet again bashing Gamepass for the 1000th time in the last two months. I totally couldn't be that not as many people were hyped for this game, right? Also, do you really think gamepass is meant to boost physical sales? If anything, it allows more people to pick up on the game.

Avatar image for thatdbfan
ThatDBFan

431

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#141  Edited By ThatDBFan
Member since 2019 • 431 Posts
@betterthanyou07 said:

MS loves selling there TINY NICHE exclusives for only $1 or $2 on Gamepass cuz they know Xbox exclusives are dead and gone and why Phil spencer is not making anymore exclusvies on Xbox just TINY little phone games like Battletoads and Crackdown 3 LOL.

Man thats sad MS HAS to put out the $1 or $2 Gamepass to have people play there Niche games that are dead and buried or else no one will play Gears 5 lol. Man only 23k sold in U.S. OUCH! Only 16k in the UK lmao. DAMN!!!! What a flop!!!. Sony and NIntendo are riding HIGH with there exclusives selling like candy every time they put out hit after hit after hit like Days Gone, God of war, Gran Turismo, Spiderman, Uncharted, Until Dawn, Bloodborne Etc etc etc Woooo!!! Sony is killing Xbox and next gen will be ever greater for Sony.

Nintendo as well is making that money with every exclusive selling like candy with high review scores and consoles selling thru the rooff Far surpassing Xbox one in only 2 years LOL. Phil Spencer killed Xbox and im GLAD HE DID!!! Wooooo!!! Your the man Phil. lol. Hehehe

I think we found Protorush's alt.

Avatar image for blueinheaven
blueinheaven

4594

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#142 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 4594 Posts
@kingtito said:
@Ant_17 said:

@lundy86_4: Burden falls on the people we accuse, doesn't it? We say people paid 1 buck, they have to prove us wrong.

And it was the E3 promo that converts Live to GPU. Found some cheap Live cards and reached 3 years and then entered the promo.

It didn't convert all the months, but it's untill 2022.

Cows still the clowns of SWs and the ONLY faction pissed about a service that cost almost nothing yet provides some of MS biggest games day 1.

This is the post I meant to reply to on this thread then got distracted by numpty fanboys. If you want to weed out the PS4 fanboys rubbishing Xbox by pretending they have access to all the games on PC look for the ones slating Game Pass. They're all lying, every last one of them.

There is literally no downside to paying a pittance to play some really big titles for free on PC and a good selection of other ones too. Anyone claiming Game Pass is anything other than deal of the century with all the cheap codes for Ultimate flying around simply doesn't own either a PC or an Xbox One. Fact.

Whether it's a good or bad thing for MS I don't care I don't have shares in Microsoft but from a gamer's point of view it's easily the best thing MS has ever done.

Avatar image for sancho_panzer
Sancho_Panzer

885

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#143  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 885 Posts

@betterthanyou07 said:

MS loves selling there TINY NICHE exclusives for only $1 or $2 on Gamepass cuz they know Xbox exclusives are dead and gone and why Phil spencer is not making anymore exclusvies on Xbox just TINY little phone games like Battletoads and Crackdown 3 LOL.

Man thats sad MS HAS to put out the $1 or $2 Gamepass to have people play there Niche games that are dead and buried or else no one will play Gears 5 lol. Man only 23k sold in U.S. OUCH! Only 16k in the UK lmao. DAMN!!!! What a flop!!!. Sony and NIntendo are riding HIGH with there exclusives selling like candy every time they put out hit after hit after hit like Days Gone, God of war, Gran Turismo, Spiderman, Uncharted, Until Dawn, Bloodborne Etc etc etc Woooo!!! Sony is killing Xbox and next gen will be ever greater for Sony.

Nintendo as well is making that money with every exclusive selling like candy with high review scores and consoles selling thru the rooff Far surpassing Xbox one in only 2 years LOL. Phil Spencer killed Xbox and im GLAD HE DID!!! Wooooo!!! Your the man Phil. lol. Hehehe

$60 + $60 + $60 + $60 + $60 + $60 + $60

Fine, if you feel you've got $420 worth of entertainment there. I dunno - seems kind of steep for what you're getting. I can think of quite a lot I could do with close to half a grand plus the $300 a low-end ps4 costs to play those 7 games.

Avatar image for cainetao11
cainetao11

36892

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#144 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 36892 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Yeah you're right Quack/Recloud... that's why Netflix is such a failure. And why every man & his dog is starting a subscription service for TV/film content. LOL.

I know you were so desperate sitting at your PC on Gears launch day, hitting refresh waiting for the reviews to come in, just hoping with all your might that it'd score poorly so you and your herd could come on here and have a circle jerk. So I guess since that failed (because Gears 5 is an awesome game), you have to revert to something else.

LMAO.

Cracks me up that people think a trillion $ corporation doesn't have qualified financial people crunching numbers about this. Right, SW fanboys are all Gordon Gekkos LOL

Netflix has gone through some pains because they leveraged a lot of $ into the Marvel shows and unfortunately Disney saw what WB did by making DC have their own streaming service. So Disney is now creating theirs with Marvel and Star Wars properties. All you have to do is make content people want to play and people will come. And each account can only use the $1 deal once. If you think that will be their forever you're an idiot and do not understand long term business strategies.

Avatar image for cainetao11
cainetao11

36892

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#145 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 36892 Posts
@Ant_17 said:

@lundy86_4: Burden falls on the people we accuse, doesn't it? We say people paid 1 buck, they have to prove us wrong.

And it was the E3 promo that converts Live to GPU. Found some cheap Live cards and reached 3 years and then entered the promo.

It didn't convert all the months, but it's untill 2022.

No. Burden falls on the people making claims. Provide evidence of said claims.

No I remember the deal that could extend Gamepass for years so I believe you. But this is where people fail. The entire point is to get people into their ecosystem. You are now in for 3 years. Companies really do have qualified people that research markets and trends way more than SW posters do. Strange, I know. And statistics show once in an ecosystem people tend to spend more $ in said ecosystem.

Avatar image for Ant_17
Ant_17

12935

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#146 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

No. Burden falls on the people making claims. Provide evidence of said claims.

No I remember the deal that could extend Gamepass for years so I believe you. But this is where people fail. The entire point is to get people into their ecosystem. You are now in for 3 years. Companies really do have qualified people that research markets and trends way more than SW posters do. Strange, I know. And statistics show once in an ecosystem people tend to spend more $ in said ecosystem.

Not sure if that is true, since i got in i don't need to spend for 3 years anything.

Hell i don't even use it that much, just to see the 1st party games.

Avatar image for cainetao11
cainetao11

36892

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#147 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 36892 Posts

@Ant_17 said:
@cainetao11 said:

No. Burden falls on the people making claims. Provide evidence of said claims.

No I remember the deal that could extend Gamepass for years so I believe you. But this is where people fail. The entire point is to get people into their ecosystem. You are now in for 3 years. Companies really do have qualified people that research markets and trends way more than SW posters do. Strange, I know. And statistics show once in an ecosystem people tend to spend more $ in said ecosystem.

Not sure if that is true, since i got in i don't need to spend for 3 years anything.

Hell i don't even use it that much, just to see the 1st party games.

But you don't know if you never will buy anything from them again in the next 3 years. You don't have to pay for Gamepass but are you sure you NEVER will buy anything from them? And can you prove this is how the consumer market as a whole will be?

https://founderu.selz.com/40-online-shopping-ecommerce-statistics-know/

Above is a broad range of ecommerce statistics. Now you and others may not believe people generally buy more over time after becoming a part of an ecosystem but I guarantee you Sony doesn't have PS+ and PSNow because they pulled the idea out of there asses.

As for you not using it much, we aren't the main focus in business. We are gamers that read and research and are passionate about this hobby. We aren't the majority of the millions of gamers in the world.

Avatar image for blueinheaven
blueinheaven

4594

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#148 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 4594 Posts
@cainetao11 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@cainetao11 said:

No. Burden falls on the people making claims. Provide evidence of said claims.

No I remember the deal that could extend Gamepass for years so I believe you. But this is where people fail. The entire point is to get people into their ecosystem. You are now in for 3 years. Companies really do have qualified people that research markets and trends way more than SW posters do. Strange, I know. And statistics show once in an ecosystem people tend to spend more $ in said ecosystem.

Not sure if that is true, since i got in i don't need to spend for 3 years anything.

Hell i don't even use it that much, just to see the 1st party games.

But you don't know if you never will buy anything from them again in the next 3 years. You don't have to pay for Gamepass but are you sure you NEVER will buy anything from them?

I got Gamepass Ultimate for a couple of quid for two months and played some games I was interested in but wouldn't have paid full price for and it was great but when the time ran out there was nothing I wanted to play so I didn't renew.

More recently I knew Gears 5 and Blair Witch was coming so I looked around for deals and got another two months for a couple of quid and then bought a six month pass for £18 which gave me another extra month on top so for a long time it's there if I need it.

I can play Outer Worlds day one for free so I'm happy about that and the service itself is a great idea I don't mind paying £20 for 9 months and seeing what pops up along the way but when MS start charging a flat £10.99 a month and the cheap code deals dry up a lot of their subs who got it for next to nothing will simply disappear.

It won't be like Netflix or Prime where people just pay every month so they have something to watch I think most people will be like me and only sign up when a really big game comes along then sign off again when they're done.

I'm not sure what you mean when you ask can you be sure you'll never buy anything from them once you're 'in the loop' I mean what is there to buy when all the games are free? And like I said, keeping people in the loop at the regular price point is going to be next to impossible for MS.

Almost all the games I'm looking forward to in the next year are not on Game Pass and most likely never will be. I'm not slating Game Pass I'm a huge fan of it I just don't see how they're going to sustain it.

Avatar image for kingtito
kingtito

10382

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#149 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 10382 Posts

@blueinheaven said:
@kingtito said:
@Ant_17 said:

@lundy86_4: Burden falls on the people we accuse, doesn't it? We say people paid 1 buck, they have to prove us wrong.

And it was the E3 promo that converts Live to GPU. Found some cheap Live cards and reached 3 years and then entered the promo.

It didn't convert all the months, but it's untill 2022.

Cows still the clowns of SWs and the ONLY faction pissed about a service that cost almost nothing yet provides some of MS biggest games day 1.

This is the post I meant to reply to on this thread then got distracted by numpty fanboys. If you want to weed out the PS4 fanboys rubbishing Xbox by pretending they have access to all the games on PC look for the ones slating Game Pass. They're all lying, every last one of them.

There is literally no downside to paying a pittance to play some really big titles for free on PC and a good selection of other ones too. Anyone claiming Game Pass is anything other than deal of the century with all the cheap codes for Ultimate flying around simply doesn't own either a PC or an Xbox One. Fact.

Whether it's a good or bad thing for MS I don't care I don't have shares in Microsoft but from a gamer's point of view it's easily the best thing MS has ever done.

For once I agree with just about everything you said...color me shocked :)

Avatar image for cainetao11
cainetao11

36892

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#150  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 36892 Posts

@blueinheaven: only time will tell. But I don’t believe most people are like us. We are the minority’s when it comes to the consumer market. That’s what they bank on.

I was that guy for Netflix. I just wanted the Marvel shows. I don’t watch anything else on it. I just unsubscribed this month & still have Prime. I think most people are like that. They just auto pay and forget about it in between the things they want to watch/play