Same Day AAA games on Gamepass proven to be a money pit for MS that Sony and Nintendo will NEVER adopt???

• 150 results
BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2071 Posts

Surprised no one has reported on this but it's all roses and rainbows on this delusional board so here is some reality...Gamepass, under the day and date strategy, is a complete BUST and failure!!!

The way MS has tried to promote Gamepass dropping AAA games on it for $1 or $2 the same day of release is a DISASTER.

Honestly, how idiotic do you have to be to NOT see how this wouldn't blow up in your face negatively?

Does anyone here think for even one second that 3 million "player" count that MS bragged about (mostly $2 gamepass subs) made up for missing out of those $60 initial release sales? Anyone?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/uk-gears-5-sold-a-quarter-of-gears-4-sales-boxed-sales-digital-and-gp-majority-by-far-bl3-biggest-box-launch-of-the-year-less-than-half-of-bl2.141317/

What we have to remember is that Gears is available to not just xbox's 40 million base but also PC's 200 million user base.

MS reported Gears 5 have 3 million "players" in a week. By comparison God of War had 3 million $60 sales in 3 days on PS4 ALONE.

So much for: "it's best to put games on everything, Gamepass makes more money, Sony will copy MS and put games day and date on rental blah blah."

Clearly devaluing your multi-million dollar AAA franchises isn't the way to generate financial success in gaming.

Sorry this is NOT the future and neither Sony nor Nintendo will ever follow this idiotic money burning formula.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 1792 Posts

Hahaha that's why Stadia you have to purchase full priced games. This was never going to work unless you made crappy cheap games.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 19359 Posts

Yeah you're right Quack/Recloud... that's why Netflix is such a failure. And why every man & his dog is starting a subscription service for TV/film content. LOL.

I know you were so desperate sitting at your PC on Gears launch day, hitting refresh waiting for the reviews to come in, just hoping with all your might that it'd score poorly so you and your herd could come on here and have a circle jerk. So I guess since that failed (because Gears 5 is an awesome game), you have to revert to something else.

LMAO.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1678 Posts

I think the hope for MS is that they will get subs for $2/month and people will just forget that they are still subbed

phbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#5 phbz
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

Only an idiot could think for a second that with GamePass Microsoft's strategy is to keep the same "boxed" sales.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01

@phbz said:

Only an idiot could think for a second that with GamePass Microsoft's strategy is to keep the same "boxed" sales.

Nailed it.

But hey, they need something to go full fanboy over, since Gears 5 turned out to be awesome. Lol.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BoxRekt
@Syn_Valence said:

Hahaha that's why Stadia you have to purchase full priced games. This was never going to work unless you made crappy cheap games.

😭 Bu but it's "da future" Sony gone "copy MS" and "give away AAA Sony exclusives day and date on a rental service like MS because because uhhh I want Sony games to be just as worthless as MS's are today"....

This shit was always stupid and never made any sense but this being MS BIGGEST AAA release this gen has sold as much as someone selling CD's out the back of the trunk of their car.

Anyone championing this shit as "the future" has fulfilled their role as blind corporate muppet.

This "strategy" had failure written all over it from day 1 but this pretty much seals it's FAIL status.

MS has 100% LOST money invested on Gears 5 with this Gamepass $2 fire sale because virtually no one has bought the game and they've missed all those initial $60 sales..

But hey...MS reported that Gears 5 had 3 million "players" 🙏 with $1 and $2 Gamepass trials of course!

I'm sure that more than makes up for those missed $60 sales.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BoxRekt
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Yeah you're right Quack/Recloud... that's why Netflix is such a failure. And why every man & his dog is starting a subscription service for TV/film content. LOL.

I know you were so desperate sitting at your PC on Gears launch day, hitting refresh waiting for the reviews to come in, just hoping with all your might that it'd score poorly so you and your herd could come on here and have a circle jerk. So I guess since that failed (because Gears 5 is an awesome game), you have to revert to something else.

LMAO.

The ol "but Netflix" cop out huh?

Time to kill that narrative and educate you ignorant fanboys who blurt out talking points without even knowing if you're making a point that contradicts what I've made. SPOILER: it doesn't!

Netflix is on the hook for $20 billion. Can it keep spending its way to success?

The global streaming giant today boasts some impressive stats: 104 million subscribers worldwide, up 25% from last year and almost quadruple from five years ago. Its series and movies account for more than a third of all prime-time download Internet traffic inNorth America. Its more than 50 original shows garnered 91 Emmy Award nominations this year, second only to premium cable service HBO.

But there’s another set of numbers that could spell trouble for the company’s breakneck growth. Netflix has accumulated a hefty $20.54 billion in long-term debt and obligations in its effort to produce more original content.

https://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-netflix-debt-spending-20170729-story.html

That's right Mr. but Netflix...your 'GO TO' cop-out talking point is 20 BILLION dollars in DEBT!!! After 20 only doing the rental model.

Now go blow a gasket and damage control those facts.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BoxRekt
@phbz said:

Phil Spencer: Game Pass leads to more game sales

"Spencer says that putting games on Game Pass actually increases sales of the individual game."

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-11-13-phil-spencer-game-pass-leads-to-more-game-sales

An idiot like the head of xbox Phil Spencer? And I guess that goes for his fanboy followers as well.

Great point!

Random_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 4359 Posts

It was always reality that game pass cannot pay the budgets of AAA games. MS are happy to alleviate the losses just so they can have some sub numbers.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 4229 Posts

@boxrekt: Lol Quack....you make it sound as if the money coming in from the first week of Gears 5 on GP is not coming in for the week after that, and the week after that.

You also make it sound as if a game being out on GP won't affect boxed sales...lmao.

Of course boxed sales are going to be down...it's on GP, so tell me again how Sony fans wouldn't like to download and play PS4 AAA titles for as little as $1....

What an utter failed post....

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 5432 Posts

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 884 Posts

@boxrekt said:

The ol "but Netflix" cop out huh?

Time to kill that narrative and educate you ignorant fanboys who blurt out talking points without even knowing if you're making a point that contradicts what I've made. SPOILER: it doesn't!

Netflix is on the hook for $20 billion. Can it keep spending its way to success?

https://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-netflix-debt-spending-20170729-story.html

That's right Mr. but Netflix...your 'GO TO' cop-out talking point is 20 BILLION dollars in DEBT!!! After 20 only doing the rental model.

Now go blow a gasket and damage control those facts.

Lol. The article's "authority" is none other than Michael "Nostradamus" Pachter.

“I don’t believe Netflix is going to get this right at a better rate than anyone else,” said Michael Pachter, a Wedbush analyst who has long been pessimistic about the company. He said his “underperform” rating on Netflix shares has been wrong in the past but believes the company’s lavish spending will eventually catch up to it.

“I think it is kicking the can down the road and a looming write-down is coming,” he said.

Now what was that formula for converting a Pachter prediction into an accurate one again?

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 38529 Posts

And people wonder why PS Now is the worst service compare to Game Pass.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Daniel_Su123
Member since 2015 • 1084 Posts

Sony and Nintendo will resist as much as possible to put their games day 1 on their service. However the main reason is not because their games already sell. It's because if NIntendo and Sony were to create a Game Pass Competitor, they will not be able to absorb the losses being made from the service.

Microsoft has always thought long term on their services, so they have far more tolerance in making short term painful losses for long term gain. It's also because MS is far far bigger than both, that's why Satya Nadella and Phil Spencer are fine with making losses for now to gain subs.

I don't think anyone would doubt Satya Nadella regarding business decisions.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#16 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 35690 Posts

Damn, OP PS4 died again.

phbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 phbz

Quack lost it again.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 54003 Posts

Here we go again... TC is just gonna rage for a few pages lol.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 820 Posts

Xbox doesn't have the install base this generation that it had last generation. The days of selling 10 million copies of their exclusives are done. Their goal is to bait people with gamepass which admittedly right now is an AMAZING deal. If they can get people on their subscription service and then jack the rate up as time goes in ( don't worry they will) then gamepass will be extremely profitable.

However if people cancel after they play the games they want or cancel after the promotional period then this is going to be a massive loss. Gears 5 is a game I felt could have sold pretty well but it has been created as the trojan horse for gamepass.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#20  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 26840 Posts

The thing is I dislike monthly fees. Yet I have Game Pass. I'm keeping Game Pass. It's a good service so far. If they can keep me subscribed forever, that's a lot of money. Sure the sales per game will be down but once they secure a pretty stable multimillion user-count... not everyone plays as many games as I do and once it starts to become profitable it's going to continue to be profitable consistently, forever and ever.

I think it's smart but it's playing the long game. To a company like MS, if they cannot control the market (and they cannot) then creating a consistent neigh-permanent flow of money must be the next best thing. Console industry won't last forever either. It is becoming more and more digital/streaming/PC-light/hybrid.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 820 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: All good things must come to an end.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcrunch.com/2019/07/17/netflix-reports-first-net-subscriber-loss-in-the-u-s-misses-global-subscriber-growth-predictions/amp/

Netflix dominated when they were the only one in town. But people are not going to want a dozen different streaming services which is where we are headed. Gamepass is a great value now but it won't be profitable unless they raise prices and that's when they could have issues.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lundy86_4

@KungfuKitten said:

The thing is I have Game Pass. I'm keeping Game Pass. It's a good service so far. If they can keep me subscribed forever, that's a lot of money.

Same here. I fully expect the price to go up after time, just like Netflix has done. So long as they keep providing AAA game experiences, I have no issue paying the $10-$20 a month it may turn out to be.

Hell, EA and Ubisoft are on that train now... I'm using Uplay+ at the moment.

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 12600 Posts

It is difficult for me to imagine a scenario in which I will ever pay $60 for MS first party content, as it stands.

It might be bad for them, but as a consumer, it's great for me.

phbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 phbz

@daniel_su123: And anyway, even if it fails. I've been saving hundreds in games and played some truly great games that I probably wouldn't even try. Why should I care if MS strategy will be a long term success or not? I hope it does great, but if it fails I've already used the service.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lundy86_4

@r-gamer: The good thing, is that Netflix is kind of a catch-all for multiple shows. The only one I really feel rivals Netflix at the moment is Prime... I have Netflix/Prime/Crave and Crave is just lackluster.

As more come in, it's gonna split content heavily, but that's competition where the consumer may eventually benefit. These services will have to adapt.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Daniel_Su123

@lundy86_4: Though I expect the rate of price increases to be less often since there are multiple ways that Games can make money. While it might mean more micro-transactions.

The reality is that the traditional model of $60 and not adjusting for inflation is the cause of microtransactions. The Gamer caused it themselves and not the companies.

Avatar image for betterthanyou07
Betterthanyou07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Betterthanyou07
Member since 2019 • 13 Posts

MS loves selling there TINY NICHE exclusives for only $1 or $2 on Gamepass cuz they know Xbox exclusives are dead and gone and why Phil spencer is not making anymore exclusvies on Xbox just TINY little phone games like Battletoads and Crackdown 3 LOL.

Man thats sad MS HAS to put out the $1 or $2 Gamepass to have people play there Niche games that are dead and buried or else no one will play Gears 5 lol. Man only 23k sold in U.S. OUCH! Only 16k in the UK lmao. DAMN!!!! What a flop!!!. Sony and NIntendo are riding HIGH with there exclusives selling like candy every time they put out hit after hit after hit like Days Gone, God of war, Gran Turismo, Spiderman, Uncharted, Until Dawn, Bloodborne Etc etc etc Woooo!!! Sony is killing Xbox and next gen will be ever greater for Sony.

Nintendo as well is making that money with every exclusive selling like candy with high review scores and consoles selling thru the rooff Far surpassing Xbox one in only 2 years LOL. Phil Spencer killed Xbox and im GLAD HE DID!!! Wooooo!!! Your the man Phil. lol. Hehehe

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lundy86_4

@betterthanyou07 said:

MS loves selling there TINY NICHE exclusives for only $1 or $2 on Gamepass cuz they know Xbox exclusives are dead and gone and why Phil spencer is not making anymore exclusvies on Xbox just TINY little phone games like Battletoads and Crackdown 3 LOL.

Man thats sad MS HAS to put out the $1 or $2 Gamepass to have people play there Niche games that are dead and buried or else no one will play Gears 5 lol. Man only 23k sold in U.S. OUCH! Only 16k in the UK lmao. DAMN!!!! What a flop!!!. Sony and NIntendo are riding HIGH with there exclusives selling like candy every time they put out hit after hit after hit like Days Gone, God of war, Gran Turismo, Spiderman, Uncharted, Until Dawn, Bloodborne Etc etc etc Woooo!!! Sony is killing Xbox and next gen will be ever greater for Sony.

Nintendo as well is making that money with every exclusive selling like candy with high review scores and consoles selling thru the rooff Far surpassing Xbox one in only 2 years LOL. Phil Spencer killed Xbox and im GLAD HE DID!!! Wooooo!!! Your the man Phil. lol. Hehehe

This might be one of the dumbest posts i've read on SW. Kudos.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 5369 Posts

Meanwhile, gamepass is good for who again? Oh yeah, gamers!

Freaking SW twats like the TC make me ill. Oh, and the poster two posts b4 me.

sleepnsurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 sleepnsurf
Member since 2009 • 3232 Posts
@SUD123456 said:

Freaking SW twats like the TC make me ill. Oh, and the poster b4 me.

Two biggest shitbirds on this site imo.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 5092 Posts

Game Pass on it's own is not the worst idea. But, in the usual MS style they're obviously a little too eager to give it away in their usual attempt to crash the market. They have billions for this unsustainable experiment, and they know their competitors can't copy this model because they actually make a profit with their gaming business, unlike MS, who doesn't need the money from gaming at all. They only care about scheming toward the next conquest.

I say, let 'em find out the hard way. I'm gonna take advantage of it as it means I never have to pay full price for their AAAs again. MS is all about disposable gaming now. If they think making $3 million in revenue in discounted GP subs against $50 to $100 million dollar games is a long term "strategy"...

Loading Video...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lundy86_4

@sleepnsurf said:
@SUD123456 said:

Freaking SW twats like the TC make me ill. Oh, and the poster b4 me.

Two biggest shitbirds on this site imo.

Did you edit that to show that it's me?

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Daniel_Su123

@BenjaminBanklin: I think Sony and Nintendo will find out the hard way since Microsoft isn't the only company doing this, we got Ubisoft, EA, Apple and Google doing the exact business model. It's where the market is shifting towards.

Hardcore gamers don't dictate the market. The casuals do and casual people seem to love monthly subs for unlimited content.

It also seems like Indies are flocking to Game Pass and Arcade.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hrt_rulz01

@r-gamer: Yeah, they'll definitely have to up the price eventually. But I still think it'll be terrific value for money if we keep getting games like Gears 5 and FH4 etc.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BenjaminBanklin

@daniel_su123 said:

@BenjaminBanklin: I think Sony and Nintendo will find out the hard way since Microsoft isn't the only company doing this, we got Ubisoft, EA, Apple and Google doing the exact business model. It's where the market is shifting towards.

Hardcore gamers don't dictate the market. The casuals do and casual people seem to love monthly subs for unlimited content.

Sony was doing it before they did. It's only until MS wanted in that people started hyping it up as the next big thing because the MS fandom is hungry to make them relevant to gaming in any way possible. How many casuals want to play hardcore games through a streaming service though? I guess MS can try this as long as they want and they can fall back into the old model if it doesn't work. But, as they saw at the beginning of this gen, Microsoft aren't the trend setters they thought they are.

I think if we actually saw some hard numbers from this that would show them being successful with this venture, then their competitors would follow suit with going all in. But, in the typical MS method... mum's the word. If they keep boasting player counts over actual current full-price subs and revenue from GP, their rivals would continue to roll their eyes and go on about their current methods.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 4587 Posts

I love Gamepass. I played Gears 5 day one for free. Not a great game but a pretty good one and I know I would have bought it at some point for a lot more than what I paid for Gamepass.

I got a two month sub for £2. Then I got a 3 month sub for £10 and then a 6 month sub for £18 which gave me a month free for turning off recurring billing and letting them switch it on and then afterwards turning it off again lol.

So yeah, a year of Gamepass Ultimate for less than the cost of a full priced game. I'm more than okay with that but I just don't see for even a second how the devs can be making money out of this at all. They must all be on MS retainers to stop them from going under since they are giving their games away for free day one.

I'm okay with that, it's not my money. Whether this is the future of gaming who knows but I'm covered for Outer Worlds and anything else that turns up and there's quite a few games I want to mess around with on there that I'll get to in time.

The Netflix comparison: they recently had the genius idea of raising their prices for 4K content by 20% yes you read that correctly 20% they put it up an extra £3 a month a charge for the privilege of watching 4K content on your 4K TV WTF is that all about? I cancelled immediately. Corporate greed has no end they just continue to find other ways to display it. The point I'm making here is when MS inevitably put their monthly price for Gamepass up to something close to Netflix as an i.e. without all these bargain price codes floating about, people will just cancel. There just isn't enough there to justify that price every month.

I'm back to Prime now, they are reasonably priced and have lots of really bad horror films. I love really bad horror films. I know, I'm an idiot.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 11401 Posts

Gears 5 Destroys that game Days Flop. Who bought that trash for $60. Hahahahahaha

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Daniel_Su123

@BenjaminBanklin:

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@daniel_su123 said:

Sony was doing it before they did. It's only until MS wanted in that people started hyping it up as the next big thing because the MS fandom is hungry to make them relevant to gaming in any way possible. How many casuals want to play hardcore games through a streaming service though? I guess MS can try this as long as they want and they can fall back into the old model if it doesn't work. But, as they saw at the beginning of this gen, Microsoft aren't the trend setters they thought they are.

I think if we actually saw some hard numbers from this that would show them being successful with this venture, then their competitors would follow suit with going all in. But, in the typical MS method... mum's the word. If they keep boasting player counts over actual current full-price subs and revenue from GP, their rivals would continue to roll their eyes and go on about their current methods.

Game Pass has multiple games that are casual and hardcore. Game Pass doesn't just have Gears, Halo games.

Game Pass and Apple Arcade are chasing the same market, the casual market and Game Pass is more than enough to support Indie games that are family and casual based.

Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Subspecies  Online
Member since 2018 • 764 Posts

So, MS fails again. Not surprising. They literally can get nothing right. Why anyone would think Sony would want to adopt such a lamebrained business model is beyond me. GP had "Failure" written all over it from day one.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 28689 Posts

Wait a second. If physical sales for Gears 5 are down and so many people are playing it through Game Pass doesn’t that mean that Game Pass is a success?

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1144 Posts

Gamepass and the Xbox brand in general is a massive failure.

It’s not sustainable and will be a huge money loss. Their first party games have already dropped in quality from last gen. Halo/gears/Forza will only get worse because their budgets will get smaller.

LOL gamepass.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BenjaminBanklin

@Archangel3371 said:

Wait a second. If physical sales for Gears 5 are down and so many people are playing it through Game Pass doesn’t that mean that Game Pass is a success?

3 million players that were mostly acquired by $1 promotional game subs vs a copy of a game that sells 3 million copies at $60 at launch. The latter is the more ideal by far.

But, the measure of success for Game Pass would be how many of these subs they can retain after the fact. But even after that, revenues have to be shared with other publishers whose games on the service.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 36227 Posts

I think the service is headed in a good direction. I don't imagine they'll abandon it yet, not until they see how they can grow it next gen. I think with the current gen heading toward an end that more games will end up on GamePass as revenues start to slide on many of the third party games. I imagine it might be challenging to get newer third party games next gen.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By lundy86_4

@boxrekt Both EA and Ubi have moved toward this practice... I feel it's less about MS at this point, and more about multiple publishers seeing the profit within a game "rental" service. Origin Access and Uplay+ are both a thing. AC Odyssey is available on Uplay+ and I have it...

You often seem to link low-sub and low-views vids... Why?

BTW, Anthem was released early on Origin Access, much like Gears on GP Ultimate. Sad thing was, Anthem was shit in comparison.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 clone01
Member since 2003 • 27571 Posts

@boxrekt said:

Surprised no one has reported on this but it's all roses and rainbows on this delusional board so here is some reality...Gamepass, under the day and date strategy, is a complete BUST and failure!!!

The way MS has tried to promote Gamepass dropping AAA games on it for $1 or $2 the same day of release is a DISASTER.

Honestly, how idiotic do you have to be to NOT see how this wouldn't blow up in your face negatively?

Loading Video...

Does anyone here think for even one second that 3 million "player" count that MS bragged about (mostly $2 gamepass subs) made up for missing out of those $60 initial release sales? Anyone?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/uk-gears-5-sold-a-quarter-of-gears-4-sales-boxed-sales-digital-and-gp-majority-by-far-bl3-biggest-box-launch-of-the-year-less-than-half-of-bl2.141317/

What we have to remember is that Gears is available to not just xbox's 40 million base but also PC's 200 million user base.

MS reported Gears 5 have 3 million "players" in a week. By comparison God of War had 3 million $60 sales in 3 days on PS4 ALONE.

So much for: "it's best to put games on everything, Gamepass makes more money, Sony will copy MS and put games day and date on rental blah blah."

Clearly devaluing your multi-million dollar AAA franchises isn't the way to generate financial success in gaming.

Sorry this is NOT the future and neither Sony nor Nintendo will ever follow this idiotic money burning formula.

I'm surprised Microsoft hasn't put out a restraining order on you, cashangry, considering how much you stalk them.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 28689 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: You people are going to have to start showing me some numbers for “these mostly $1 promotion subscribers”. They’ve been doing this for awhile now and it’s only available to those who have never subscribed before so sooner or later these people are going to have to pay the regular fees to keep playing all these games that Microsoft keep putting on their service.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

@BenjaminBanklin: You people are going to have to start showing me some numbers for “these mostly $1 promotion subscribers”. They’ve been doing this for awhile now and it’s only available to those who have never subscribed before so sooner or later these people are going to have to pay the regular fees to keep playing all these games that Microsoft keep putting on their service.

No, MS has to prove us wrong.

And i got GP Ultimate for 1 buck for the next 3 years.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lundy86_4

@Ant_17 said:

No, MS has to prove us wrong.

And i got GP Ultimate for 1 buck for the next 3 years.

That's... Not true. Burden of Proof.

How did you do that? I got the Ultimate for 2 months.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@lundy86_4: Burden falls on the people we accuse, doesn't it? We say people paid 1 buck, they have to prove us wrong.

And it was the E3 promo that converts Live to GPU. Found some cheap Live cards and reached 3 years and then entered the promo.

It didn't convert all the months, but it's untill 2022.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By lundy86_4

@Ant_17 said:

@lundy86_4: Burden falls on the people we accuse, doesn't it? We say people paid 1 buck, they have to prove us wrong.

And it was the E3 promo that converts Live to GPU. Found some cheap Live cards and reached 3 years and then entered the promo.

It didn't convert all the months, but it's untill 2022.

Not at all. The accuser provides the evidence.

Ahhh, so an oversight, rather than a legitimate avenue. Nice job for finding and utilizing that. I would have done the same.