Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

@blueinheaven: Now you’re playing dumb. Want me to dig up the quotes of you saying NVIDIA was exaggerating the performance figures of the 3070 by claiming it would match the 2080 Ti?

Want me to quote you saying the 3070 would only match or beat a Series X when I kept repeating it would destroy it?

Want me to show you denying a 3060 would be somewhere in the ballpark of the next-gen consoles and you saying it wouldn’t?

What are you wibbling on about now? Are you saying 3070 performed better than I said it would? I don't remember what I said but honestly I don't care, if you say so, that's fine. So what's your point? Are you taking personal credit for 3070 benchmarks? lol.

Oh and where did you get a 3060 to test it against next gen consoles? Where did you get the next gen consoles for that matter? Are you just pulling random crap out of your ass again like you did last time? Of course you are.

I am honestly flattered that what I think is so important to you that you actually save my posts for later use lmao! From what I remember this whole thing came about when you hilariously claimed you could build a PC to match next gen consoles at a price that represents better value. Where did we leave it? Let me see...

PS5 digital will be $400 so that's still your budget. Even if the 3060 comes in at $400 and matches next gen console performance (I don't think it will but we'll just have to wait and see, oh, don't forget to save this post in case I'm wrong lol) that will mean you spent your ENTIRE budget on a graphics card for your 'bargain' PC.

You picked the wrong guy to have this idiotic argument with. You also picked exactly the wrong time to do it since I'm currently trying to build a new PC if I could actually buy the damn components so I know exactly what everything costs.

Bear in mind both next gen consoles will have good CPU's so put no shit in your amazing bargain PC build please. They both come with an OS (a legit one) so you'll need to include that too.

Get shopping little man, you have till both consoles and the 3060 are available for benchmarks to produce your amazing, incredible value for money next gen console-beating PC.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@blueinheaven: The 3070 is already 2080 Ti- tier. The 3060 will be a step below, aka 2080/S-tier. Y’know, faster than the PS5 and on the level of the Series X.

Not hard to predict the 3070 would be capable of being in the ballpark of a 2080 Ti, just like it isn’t hard to predict the 3060 will end up in the ballpark below.

And try to build a PC matching a console all you want at the moment, the budget parts haven’t even come out so good luck on that fool’s errand.

A 3070-equipped PC destroys the next-gen consoles.

Hold this L kid and quit wasting my time with your weak argumentation.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8471 Posts

So, almost the same as 3080 with RAGE and SAM on...They are kinda misleading there. Nvidia cards can be overclocked too.

No RT...that means it's not that good, not to mention they may have 16GB frame buffer but are using GDDR6 not GDDR6X. Bandwidth is a bigger bottleneck than frame buffer. RT needs it even more. For $50 more with better RT, bandwidth and DLSS, 3080 is a nobrainer.

EDIT: Just noticed what I have been saying along CUs/cores are more important than clocks for graphical/more modern graphical features. Cerny has been outed as a liar again.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#104 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Gonna need to see some actual benchmarks, particularly for RT and DLSS alternative if there is one. I haven't bought an ATI/AMD card since the Radeon 9600XT.

com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 com2006
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts

@blueinheaven: Windows 10 is free, if you don’t mind having the standard background and activate windows watermark...

Avatar image for heavymetalman77
heavymetalman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#106 heavymetalman77
Member since 2019 • 109 Posts

Well the 6800 Looks even more attractive after another nvidia launch fiasco. 3070's sold out within seconds.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 blueinheaven

@Juub1990 said:

@blueinheaven: The 3070 is already 2080 Ti- tier. The 3060 will be a step below, aka 2080/S-tier. Y’know, faster than the PS5 and on the level of the Series X.

Not hard to predict the 3070 would be capable of being in the ballpark of a 2080 Ti, just like it isn’t hard to predict the 3060 will end up in the ballpark below.

And try to build a PC matching a console all you want at the moment, the budget parts haven’t even come out so good luck on that fool’s errand.

A 3070-equipped PC destroys the next-gen consoles.

Hold this L kid and quit wasting my time with your weak argumentation.

You're back-pedalling like a maniac. I couldn't give a toss if a 3070 beats both next gen consoles or not I don't know why you keep bleating on about it. I won't have a Series X and currently have no interest at all in a PS5 since there's nothing I want to play on it. I don't know why you keep banging on about the same shit like I'm supposed to be impressed by something?>

We're here to talk about your completely BS claims about building a PC that matches or beats next gen consoles and represents better value. It doesn't matter what card you use even with a 3060 you START with a card that costs the price of a fucking console just for that alone.

I'll be here when you price up your bargain PC when both consoles and the 3060 is out and we'll just expose for everyone's amusement what a complete clown you are and your total lack of knowledge of PC components and their cost will be laid bare.

As you can imagine, I'm looking forward to it.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

AMD performance has historically always been below nvidia, im not really holding my breath there. But what AMD has always been great at, is value, price for performance and deep discounts. Thats where it completely demolishes nvidia

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 blaznwiipspman1
@BassMan said:
@howmakewood said:
@BassMan said:
@zaryia said:

I'm getting a 5000 anyways, so 6800xt might be the play for SAM and RAGE.

Rage Mode is the same as using OC scanner in Afterburner and saving the profile and applying it whenever you want. So, nothing new there. SAM could be helpful, but we will have to see how that plays out. Certainly clever marketing to get people to go with an all AMD build.

according to tech jesus RAGE mode is literally upping the power budget of the card slightly, like sliding power limit on afterburner up, not all the way but some

That is just sad. Not sure why it is even a talking point. Are you unable to do this with old Radeon cards? I am not too familiar with the user experience these days with Radeon. My one and only Radeon card was a 9800 Pro that I bought back in the day for Half-Life 2. I had to RMA it twice. So, I never bought Radeon again.

whoaa, you really brought up the 9800 pro, a true vintage card. I had the 9600XT, the 9800 pro was too rich for my blood back in those days lol.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@tormentos said:

But but but AMD sucks.😂😂😂

I see some long faces with this unveail 3090 like performance for much less money.

Loading Video...

3090 performance for a lot less money than the RTX 2080 ti, ouch!

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@blueinheaven: Of course now you don’t care after you got destroyed. A 3070 isn’t fucking SX-level. You were wrong.

As for the better value, you discount free online as a value so who gives a **** what you think? Especially when you’re not even informed enough to know where a very obvious card would land in performance.

You were the one who told me to get back to you. I did and it isn’t pretty for you, just like it won’t be good for you when a 3060 beats a PS5 and costs $299-349.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

@blueinheaven: Of course now you don’t care after you got destroyed. A 3070 isn’t fucking SX-level. You were wrong.

As for the better value, you discount free online as a value so who gives a **** what you think? Especially when you’re not even informed enough to know where a very obvious card would land in performance.

You were the one who told me to get back to you. I did and it isn’t pretty for you, just like it won’t be good for you when a 3060 beats a PS5 and costs $299-349.

The 6700 will match a PS5 which will come under $300.

Throw in a 6700 with a 3600 and 16GB 3200MHz RAM and a 1TB A2000 NVME and you have a $700-800 PC that will be PS5 performance.

Next years going to be a hell of a year for PC gamers in terms of price to performance with all these cards coming out and consoles costing $499 now.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#113  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@BassMan said:

That is just sad. Not sure why it is even a talking point. Are you unable to do this with old Radeon cards? I am not too familiar with the user experience these days with Radeon. My one and only Radeon card was a 9800 Pro that I bought back in the day for Half-Life 2. I had to RMA it twice. So, I never bought Radeon again.

whoaa, you really brought up the 9800 pro, a true vintage card. I had the 9600XT, the 9800 pro was too rich for my blood back in those days lol.

Yeah, I always try to buy good stuff. First card was a Riva TNT, followed by a TNT 2 Ultra. The 9800 Pro was the card to buy back then. However, it turned into the worst card I ever bought. Had problems with artifacts and crashes. This was without OC too. It was just a nightmare.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 blueinheaven

@Juub1990 said:

lmao! Destroyed by what? The better an Nvidia 3000 card performs the better it is for me. You're the one fanatically obsessed by how these cards perform compared to consoles, not me. And now you are totally losing your shit and nobody can work out why lol.

Online is optional. Some people give no shits about MP. Some people (like me) have a PC AND a console. It doesn't matter it is OPTIONAL just like an expensive monitor to take advantage of high refresh rates on PC is OPTIONAL. People get deals on these online subs if they even want them at all and also get free games every month which is added value but as it is optional it does not apply here.

We are talking about systems that play games out of the box. Two consoles, one PC. It's not rocket science, even your limited intellect can surely comprehend this.

3070 v Series X... you might be surprised when the benchmarks arrive. You can only have one graphics card in your PC and a 3070 will beat a Series X but a 3060 probably will not which means you will have to have a 3070 so there goes your budget graphics card lolz. You might have to shove one of the AMD cards in there, a 6800 costs more than the 3070 but a 6700 might help you out a bit when it's announced if it's at a good price. I am trying to help you out here as you seem completely out of touch with reality and have zero idea of the price of PC components.

And LOLZ @ it's not looking good for me? You really think a 3060 is going to be anywhere near $299? $349 if you're lucky but it's more likely to be $399 and there's no guarantee it will compete with a Series X anyway.

Let's face it, you're probably looking at a $500 GPU from where I'm sitting which is the price of a Series X and you still haven't got any other components yet lol. Actually come to think of it, since the Series X is in the mix I had better bring your budget build allowance up to $500, that's the good news. The bad news... since we are matching or beating these things that means you now have to also include a 4K bluray player lol. This isn't quite working out the way you planned matey, is it?

I bet you're wishing you weren't so obsessed with me and hadn't saved that post now since a) I couldn't give a toss about whatever it is you're bleating on about and b) I have now remembered our little bet, I might have forgotten all about it. But since you reminded me, I'm putting it in my calendar. This is what's going to happen...

When the consoles and the 3060 roll out and we have all available benchmarks, I will start a thread on here. I'll call it something like Value PC v Next Gen Consoles. I will then invite you on to the thread, you will have done all your homework by then presumably, and you'll tell us the exact components you're using in your value console-killer build and exactly what they cost (I will of course check prices). Remember you are claiming to at least 'match' the consoles, let's be honest it will mainly be the Series X which has the stronger hardware so that will be the main point of comparison, so you need to have like for like components and as people buy consoles new, no used parts will be allowed. Dodgy Windows keys from ebay won't be allowed either. Legit OS required.

Then we will all laugh. A lot. For a very long time. Your name might even turn into some sort of meme on here (it won't be complimentary but hey it is what it is), it will be a whole lot of fun. Er, for us I mean.

I'm actually kind of feeling sorry for you at this point, so I'm going to be that nice guy on the internet and help you out a bit.

1. A B450 is a good place to start for the motherboard. Watch for deals that combine the board with the CPU you need (it's always cheaper) and if you contact the dealer they might throw in Windows for $50 or thereabouts.

2. Speaking of CPU, you're going to need a Ryzen 7 3700X. That's roughly equivalent to what's in the Series X in terms of threads, cores and performance. Oof.... you're not going to like the price of these, even with a combo board/CPU deal.

3. You'll need an SSD that matches the one in the Series X. I know the one in the PS5 is faster but I'll give you the cheaper option as you're probably legit in tears by now, salty droplets drenching the screen so you can't even read your '3070 goes faster than some other thing' article you were just reading.

4. RAM speed is flexible up to a point. I'll accept 16gb of 3200. This will be cheap anyway and RAM prices have just dropped again.

5. Don't forget to match your PSU with whatever graphics card you've had to choose to keep up with the console Joneses. Reliable brand please, crap PSU will negate any decent components in your build.

Well now, I've kept you quite long enough and you have soooooooo much research to be getting on with. I'll give you a week from the release of all benchmarks to put your build together so you've got a few weeks to go yet. By the way if the 3060 is not announced and released in time for the console launches that's your problem not mine and you'll have to go with whatever is available. However if the 3060 is announced and in the hands of reviewers who release benchmarks you are free to go with that. I am not completely heartless!

Off you trot then Juublet, we are going to make System Wars history together!

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 blueinheaven

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@Juub1990 said:

Throw in a 6700 with a 3600 and 16GB 3200MHz RAM and a 1TB A2000 NVME and you have a $700-800 PC that will be PS5 performance.

Next years going to be a hell of a year for PC gamers in terms of price to performance with all these cards coming out and consoles costing $499 now.

PS5 is easier to match but he claimed his build will match or beat both next gen consoles. 6700 won't cut it against the Series X. A 3600 won't cut it against Series X either, I told him above what he needs to be looking at. 3600 is a great chip though and is definitely what I would use in a budget minded build but that's not what our conversation is about :)

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 blaznwiipspman1

@BassMan said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@BassMan said:

Yeah, I always try to buy good stuff. First card was a Riva TNT, followed by a TNT 2 Ultra. The 9800 Pro was the card to buy back then. However, it turned into the worst card I ever bought. Had problems with artifacts and crashes. This was without OC too. It was just a nightmare.

the 9600xt might have been my first ever true video card to get into pc gaming so I have fond memories. Shame you got a lemon in the 9800 pro. I had friends who had the card and they loved it.

com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By com2006

@blueinheaven: haha you really don’t know much. The 3600, is more than a match and may bottleneck the 6800xt but not by much... but will go nicely with the 6800. However now the 5000 chips are out, it will blow the consoles out the water, and that is just at stock.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Since you went your way to ignore the faster SSD on PS5 and you are willing to use a slower NVME, and want to totally ignore the UHD drive on PS5 as well on PC side, make your hardware comparison vs the $399 PS5 and not the $500 one.

So your PC will cost double of what the PS5 would cost not a good deal still.

I think you still suffering that this gen you can't potato mash your way to beat the PS5, this time matching the PS5 cost you double or more.

com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 com2006

@tormentos: Well he will be getting fully featured tech, the PS5 is using bottom line architecture, an APU; is it impressive for what it is, yes no doubt, but his pc, even though it cost more, out performs it already... and that is just midrange. The PC is always well on top.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 blueinheaven

@com2006 said:

@blueinheaven: haha you really don’t know much. The 3600, is more than a match and may bottleneck the 6800xt but not by much... but will go nicely with the 6800. However now the 5000 chips are out, it will blow the consoles out the water, and that is just at stock.

You're not very bright are you? I already said I'd use a 3600 if I was doing a budget build but this is about matching next gen consoles which means a 3700X is required. The 5000 chips are way too expensive for this build (even the six core).

Learn to read please. Thanks.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

I think Nvidia must be surprised because they went all out with Ampere.

But it's a good thing. Nvidia have been pushing things without competition, imagine what they can do, what comes next time from Nvidia with this competition.

com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 com2006

@blueinheaven: oh fair enough I didn’t think you meant like for like, I thought you were suggesting you couldn’t build a better system with a 3600 when you clearly can, as it isn’t going to bottleneck a 6800 too much. Therefore offering outright more performance. That is the thing with a pc build you can compromise, you don’t need to swap like for like. Also add in the overclocking potential, then you can get even more performance out of the setup.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 blueinheaven

@com2006 said:

@blueinheaven: oh fair enough I didn’t think you meant like for like, I thought you were suggesting you couldn’t build a better system with a 3600 when you clearly can, as it isn’t going to bottleneck a 6800 too much. Therefore offering outright more performance. That is the thing with a pc build you can compromise, you don’t need to swap like for like. Also add in the overclocking potential, then you can get even more performance out of the setup.

Yeah there won't be much of a bottleneck specially if you play games at higher resolutions. It's not much of an issue if you're playing at 4K as an example so the better the card the less reliant you are on the CPU.

Obviously it's best to go with a Zen 3 chip if you can afford it but for most cases a 3600 is still a great choice, probably still the best price to performance Zen 2 CPU.