ROCKSTEADY Starts Patching

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

Instead of a solid port that's what we get , ...PATCHES !!!! ...it's like Ubisoft all over again

Publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and developer Rocksteady have released a patch for the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight which fixes a bug that disabled the game's rain effects and other issues, the companies have announced.

Warner Bros. Community Admin Yorick said that the patch is being released now, and that the companies will continue to release interim patches while it continues to work on improving performance issues the game suffered from since it launched on PC last week.

Updates in the first patch include:

Fixed a crash that was happening for some users when exiting the gameFixed a bug which disabled rain effects and ambient occlusion. We are actively looking into fixing other bugs to improve this furtherCorrected an issue that was causing Steam to re-download the game when verifying the integrity of the game cache through the Steam clientFixed a bug that caused the game to crash when turning off Motion Blur in BmSystemSettings.ini. A future patch will enable this in the graphics settings menu"Rocksteady is leading our team of developers and partners as we work on the PC performance issues that players have been encountering," Warner Bros. said. "The work is significant and while we are making good progress on improving performance, it will take some time to ensure that we get the right fixes in place "

These are the issues that Warner Bros. said it's dedicating its resournces to in order to improve the game:

Support for frame rates above 30FPS in the graphics settings menuFix for low resolution texture bugImprove overall performance and framerate hitchesAdd more options to the graphics settings menuImprovements to hard drive streaming and hitchesAddress full screen rendering bug on gaming laptopImprovements to system memory and VRAM usageNVIDIA SLI bug fixesEnabling AMD CrossfireNVIDIA and AMD updated driversWarner Bros. suspended sales of the PC version of the game last week until these issues are fixed. Graphics card giant Nvidia has said it is offering its QA and technical assistance to help quell the problem.

Posting on Twitter, studio co-founder and director of the Batman: Arkham series, Sefton Hill, also said the studio has its "best engineers" helping to fix the issues.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

and that's what we say to them : no buy till GOTY Edition

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

"Best engineers on the issues". So, the people who should of been making the game in the first place then?

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

How did this even pass QC? I mean seriously how did no one notice or even check the condition or state of the game before it went retail...

This is one of the worst game launches I have ever seen... I'd say this is actually ten fold worse than The Master Cheif Collection launch, at least with that it was unforseen, with this it's just like nobody gave a shit at all and just said YOLO.... Embarrassing.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts

At least now the game won't kick you while you're down when exiting it.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

lol. I'm grabbing the PS4 version today, and i'll grab the PC version in a Steam sale.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dynamitecop

@lundy86_4 said:

lol. I'm grabbing the PS4 version today, and i'll grab the PC version in a Steam sale.

I'd just get the PC version now and skip it on the PS4, even with the problems which will no doubt be fixed you can get it for $23. I got it on this site (purchased multiple games here) and I have had absolutely no issues, they send you a key, activate it and boom, you've got batman for essentially 1/3 the price.

http://www.gamesdeal.com/batman-arkham-knight-pc.html

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lundy86_4

@fuckface32 said:
@lundy86_4 said:

I'd just get the PC version now and skip it on the PS4, even with the problems which will no doubt be fixed you can get it for $23. I got it on this site (purchased multiple games here) and I have had absolutely no issues, they send you a key, activate it and boom, you've got batman for essentially 1/3 the price.

I'm buying it today, so i'd much rather invest in the fully-functioning version at the moment. I'll buy the PC version once it's entirely fixed.

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_master_race

@lundy86_4 said:
@fuckface32 said:
@lundy86_4 said:

I'm buying it today, so i'd much rather invest in the fully-functioning version at the moment. I'll buy the PC version once it's entirely fixed.

ain't gonna buy it even if it's entirely fixed , a free season pass and maybe then I'll consider it

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:
@fuckface32 said:
@lundy86_4 said:

I wouldn't reward Rocksteady at all, I was dumb enough to pre-order it, fortunately it was for a fraction of the retail price. (£27 full premium) Even then if I could refund it I would.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dynamitecop

@lundy86_4 said:
@fuckface32 said:
@lundy86_4 said:

I don't have any of the performance issues that people are going insane about, the game actually functions perfectly for me aside from Crossfire support not being currently active. The only thing they have left to do as far as I am concerned is add the advanced graphics options and Crossfire support, in that case there is nothing to complain about since they already fixed the rain effects. Even without Crossfire at 1440p I get outstanding performance with the current highest available graphics settings. I think people are being highly over-dramatic, sure it's a completely botched release but it's not even remotely unplayable or in a state of disarray so bad that it doesn't warrant a purchase, especially for $23...

Enjoy 1080p at (sub) 30 FPS for $65, I'll stick with my 2K 51 FPS average for $23...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lundy86_4

@fuckface32 said:

I don't have any of the performance issues that people are going insane about, the game actually functions perfectly for me aside from Crossfire support not being currently active. The only thing they have left to do as far as I am concerned is add the advanced graphics options and Crossfire support, in that case there is nothing to complain about since they already fixed the rain effects. Even without Crossfire at 1440p I get outstanding performance with the current highest available graphics settings. I think people are being highly over-dramatic, sure it's a completely botched release but it's not even remotely unplayable or in a state of disarray so bad that it doesn't warrant a purchase, especially for $23...

Enjoy 1080p at (sub) 30 FPS for $65, I'll stick with my 2K 51 FPS average for $23...

Thanks for the anecdotes. I will enjoy it.

@GarGx1 said:

I wouldn't reward Rocksteady at all, I was dumb enough to pre-order it, fortunately it was for a fraction of the retail price. (£27 full premium) Even then if I could refund it I would.

I was tempted to wait, but it's Batman. I'll definitely enjoy it, even if it's a bit of a mixed bag. That's a decent price... I'm a little out of touch with UK pricing since I left.

@the_master_race said:

ain't gonna buy it even if it's entirely fixed , a free season pass and maybe then I'll consider it

That's definitely fair. They burned a few bridges with the PC version. Especially considering the quality of Asylum/City on the PC.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50567 Posts

**** sake, they seriously released s game with all those issues?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17661 Posts

I hope they can get the PC version running up to par through patches as one day I'd like to play it to its fullest.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

This game is a disgrace to video games. All the patches in the world wont fix this piece of shit.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@fuckface32 said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@fuckface32 said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Hey **** face, are you mad? lol.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@clyde46 said:

"Best engineers on the issues". So, the people who should of been making the game in the first place then?

"Best engineers on the issues" was busy working on the more important version of the game, now when done they can do other things like PC ports:D

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dynamitecop

@bobrossperm said:

Mad at what? People pissing their money away on an inferior version of the game that costs 2/3 more when the PC version will fixed within a few weeks no doubt? People need to learn patience, it always pays off...

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@fuckface32 said:

Mad at what? People pissing their money away on an inferior version of the game that costs 2/3 more when the PC version will fixed within a few weeks no doubt? People need to learn patience, it always pays off...

I'm waiting for the Ps4 GOTY edition for $20 or less. That's patience.

Superior to me doesn't mean 20 patches that still won't fix everything, or having to change 5 ini files to get something to work halfway decently.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:
@clyde46 said:

"Best engineers on the issues" was busy working on the more important version of the game, now when done they can do other things like PC ports:D

Which is now the best version of the game after the patch, like 99% of other games :)

Feels good to be the king of gaming.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

The rain still looks worse than the console versions, it looks better than it did before but rain textures on batmans face and shoulders are still missing. Every now and then the game drops to 7 frames for no reason, and it still crashes as well. The patch was a joke weighing in at something like 63 mb, come on, this game needs a 5gig patch at least to fix all its crap.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@the_master_race:

Current thread title:

RockStaedy Starts Patching

---

Just FYI, you spelled Rocksteady wrong in the title. Think "Rock" (thing you might throw, like a stone) and the word "steady" (like being firm or balanced, as in this boat is steady). Then just combine the two words.

Did your Tablet re-write Rocksteady into the incorrect "Rockstaedy"? I've seen you post that misspelling regarding Rocksteady two days ago too, so I'm not sure. Your quoted article also has the correct spelling.

Just a heads up, master_race.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

They fixed the rain textures, but that's about it.

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By the_master_race

@SolidTy: for ****'s sake , couldn't you just fuckin ignore it ?

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

im not paying full price for this game. waiting for major price drop.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

All this effort that should have been made on the PC version in the fucking first place.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I hate to complicate the issue but there's a good chance they never even tested the PC version assuming that most PC gamers would just pirate the thing anyway.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sailor232

@blueinheaven said:

I hate to complicate the issue but there's a good chance they never even tested the PC version assuming that most PC gamers would just pirate the thing anyway.

They will now as the developer seemed to not give a crap. Nice bait by the way.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 blueinheaven

@sailor232 said:
@blueinheaven said:

'they will now' entitled pauper mentality received and understood, thanks.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sailor232

@blueinheaven said:
@sailor232 said:
@blueinheaven said:

No problem.

If the game wasn't screwed, it would sell a bucket loads, hell, look at how many people got refunds on Steam alone, the game sold crazy on day 1. It's true pc has pirates, its also true that pc gamers buy products.

Rocksteady deserves all the crap they get with this port, what they did will make people want to pirate it as they will want to see how the game runs on their system before throwing down $40 on it, if the confidence to buy a product is there, then there wont be as many people pirating it.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 blueinheaven

@sailor232 said:
@blueinheaven said:
@sailor232 said:
@blueinheaven said:

No problem.

If the game wasn't screwed, it would sell a bucket loads, hell, look at how many people got refunds on Steam alone, the game sold crazy on day 1. It's true pc has pirates, its also true that pc gamers buy products.

Rocksteady deserves all the crap they get with this port, what they did will make people want to pirate it as they will want to see how the game runs on their system before throwing down $40 on it, if the confidence to buy a product is there, then there wont be as many people pirating it.

Well it's nice to know that PC gamers will just take the product for free (steal it basically) and maybe think about paying for it at some point or maybe not. Console gamers don't have that luxury. Lucky you.

I have been a PC gamer right from the start from the beginning when every PC game was laughable even compared to Amiga 500 and I can tell you here and now if I ever made a computer game no way in hell would it appear on PC in any form.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@fuckface32 said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@fuckface32 said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Except its not sub 30 and LOL dem textures. All that money on PC and still lower assets.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

hahahaha filthy pc peasants

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 blueinheaven

@AM-Gamer said:
@fuckface32 said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@fuckface32 said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Except its not sub 30 and LOL dem textures. All that money on PC and still lower assets.

It's a bad looking game on ANY platform. Looks distinctly last gen to me. Not my kind of game anyway but it's a major release so naturally I wanted to check it out and good God WTF is up with those horrible low res textures and pig-ugly art design? Incredibly washed out graphics on every video and trailer I've seen as well. Bad news for Batman fans really.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sailor232

@blueinheaven:

Pc gamers will buy a solid product, there are countless stats etc that prove that, there is money to be made in the pc market. I agree that with having multiple consoles out in the world a game can be sold more on those systems, especially if marketed correctly. Batman for PC has been the biggest train wreck of any PC game I've ever experienced (started PC gaming on a C64, 386pc), what Rocksteady needs to do when the game is fixed is drop the price to like $10 for a month after the game gets re-released, no one in their right mind will pay full price for this game now.

Rocksteady releasing a 60mb or so patch is a disgrace, they deserve to have their product stolen from them as they stole everyones money with that cash grab of a game and Nvidia's lies. what goes around comes around. Lucky Steam saved everyones ass.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AM-Gamer

@-God- said:
@aroxx_ab said:
@clyde46 said:

Which is now the best version of the game after the patch, like 99% of other games :)

Still has worst textures, still runs like shit on most cards. So it looks like the PS4 version. Stay butthurt.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -God-

@AM-Gamer said:
@-God- said:
@aroxx_ab said:
@clyde46 said:

Still has worst textures, still runs like shit on most cards. So it looks like the PS4 version. Stay butthurt.

PS4, still second place. Also after this patch it looks/runs better than PS4 like 99% of other games.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AM-Gamer

@-God- said:
@AM-Gamer said:
@-God- said:
@aroxx_ab said:
@clyde46 said:

PS4, still second place. Also after this patch it looks/runs better than PS4 like 99% of other games.

Yet it still looks worse then the PS4 version! stay mad!

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By -God-

@AM-Gamer :

Why would I be mad, this game is getting patched and 99% of other games are vastly better on PC. System of the Gods.

SamusBeliskner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SamusBeliskner
Member since 2015 • 569 Posts

@jsmoke03 said:

im not paying full price for this game. waiting for major price drop.

It's already $20 at cdkeys.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@the_master_race:

Current thread title:

---

Just FYI, you spelled Rocksteady wrong in the title. Think "Rock" (thing you might throw, like a stone) and the word "steady" (like being firm or balanced, as in this boat is steady). Then just combine the two words.

Did your Tablet re-write Rocksteady into the incorrect "Rockstaedy"? I've seen you post that misspelling regarding Rocksteady two days ago too, so I'm not sure. Your quoted article also has the correct spelling.

holy grammar nazi

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 blueinheaven

@sailor232 said:

@blueinheaven:

Pc gamers will buy a solid product, there are countless stats etc that prove that, there is money to be made in the pc market. I agree that with having multiple consoles out in the world a game can be sold more on those systems, especially if marketed correctly. Batman for PC has been the biggest train wreck of any PC game I've ever experienced (started PC gaming on a C64, 386pc), what Rocksteady needs to do when the game is fixed is drop the price to like $10 for a month after the game gets re-released, no one in their right mind will pay full price for this game now.

Rocksteady releasing a 60mb or so patch is a disgrace, they deserve to have their product stolen from them as they stole everyones money with that cash grab of a game and Nvidia's lies. what goes around comes around. Lucky Steam saved everyones ass.

We're not going to agree on the piracy thing but I think they need to look at what 343 did with Halo MCC as an apology to the broken MP experience. If they want to win back the goodwill of the PC gaming community who paid for their game releasing a patch that fixes it is not enough.

They need to offer a free season pass or something along those lines but really, they need to just test the fucking thing before it goes live I honestly don't understand how that didn't happen.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By sailor232

@blueinheaven said:
@sailor232 said:

@blueinheaven:

We're not going to agree on the piracy thing but I think they need to look at what 343 did with Halo MCC as an apology to the broken MP experience. If they want to win back the goodwill of the PC gaming community who paid for their game releasing a patch that fixes it is not enough.

They need to offer a free season pass or something along those lines but really, they need to just test the fucking thing before it goes live I honestly don't understand how that didn't happen.

Agreed, I'm gutted as I can see there is a great game there under all the issues. I can play it for about 10-15 minutes before something happens that ruins the experience for me, and those 10-15mins are great, even at 30fps lock, (too afraid to touch .ini as it screwed the game even more). I dont know what they can do to re-store faith in Pc gamers, if they can turn the game around and support it for months to come, fix all issues, make the game working to the potential that these graphics cards can do, then I personally will forgive them. Loved Asylum and City, they gave me those great games so I will stick with this game.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@stereointegrity said:
@SolidTy said:

the_master_race:

Current thread title:

---

holy grammar nazi

It all started yesterday in another thread when he quoted me first...long boring story.

whalefish82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 whalefish82
Member since 2013 • 511 Posts

I'm not playing it until they've also fixed the textures, memory issues and particularly the AA options. The console-like jaggies and shimmering are unacceptable for a supposed next-gen game and a real eyesore. Origins looked better just with 2X MSAA.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@fuckface32 said:
@bobrossperm said:

Nothing, just wanted to embrace the oppurtunity of calling someone **** face in system wars without repercussion.

L0ngshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#48 L0ngshot
Member since 2014 • 516 Posts

@SolidTy: I doubt Rocksteady will weep because TC spelled their name wrong.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

Will buy the GOTY edition on a steam sale for $10 like I did the first two.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#50 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@the_master_race: get a refund and wait until it works