REVOLUTION GRAPHICS to be BETTER if not the SAME as 360 and PS3

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ViperDawg98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ViperDawg98
Member since 2005 • 3308 Posts
"Nintendo has never manufactured the weakest powered hardware"

apparently they already forgot about DS :|
Avatar image for danielsmith2020
danielsmith2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 danielsmith2020
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts
I'[d point out that nintendo said this console would be developer friendly this implies that the graphics won't be as good as the 360 or ps2 as excellant graphics isn't very developer friendly as its time consuming making good grapics.
milikito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 milikito
Member since 2004 • 13971 Posts
Putting hope on that miraculous "cube-mapping" is naive...
AcidRonen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 AcidRonen
Member since 2005 • 3621 Posts

Putting hope on that miraculous "cube-mapping" is naive...milikito

whats the big deal about cube mapping even the source engine supports it

see

Home

Renderer

-Version 2.0 (and below) shaders, bump mapping, LOD on models and world
-Author shaders with HLSL
-Cubeand environment mapping
-Dynamic lights, vertex lighting and light maps, many light types including flickering, pulsing etc.
-High-Dynamic Range lighting
-Water with refraction and fresnel effects
-Advanced particle system that can emit sprites or models
-Projected shadows allow for a large number of characters per scene
-Occluder entities for visibility blocking
-Indoor/Outdoor environments
Deformable terrain
3D skyboxes extend the horizon and add parallax on distant objects
Dynamically rendered organics (grass, trees etc)
-Subdivision surfaces, diffuse & specular bump maps
-Real-time radiosity lighting
-Effects include but are not limited to: particles, beams, volumetric smoke, sparks, blood, environmental effects like fog and rain
-Scalability
. Dx6-Dx9 hardware supported

http://www.valvesoftware.com/sourcelicense/enginefeatures.htm

Joel_Burger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Joel_Burger
Member since 2005 • 15387 Posts

ViperDawg98

and Game Boy

and Game Boy Color
Jonzey123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Jonzey123
Member since 2005 • 356 Posts

The way I see it, Nintendo will really mess up if they have anything less than great graphics. Think about it- they want to appeal to people who don't normally play games. These people are gonna see the PS3 and think ''wow, those graphics are amazing!!'' and then they will see the rev, and if the rev graphics are nowhere near as good they're gonna think ''huh, that looks like old technology. I don't want something that's going out of date...'' so they don't buy it.

They need something comparable to the PS3 in order to sell to the market they're aiming at.

Jagovski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Jagovski
Member since 2004 • 468 Posts
Rumors on the internets, that's all it is so far, comrades.... rumers on the internets.
silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 silkylove
Member since 2002 • 8579 Posts

ViperDawg98

Why DS is more powerful than N-gage and Gizmondo?

dark-minion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 dark-minion
Member since 2002 • 2017 Posts

Oh that's right, Flopalution will be more powerful then PS3 and 360 yet being several times smaller. Makes sense to mealumn

since when does size have anything to do with power? There are microprocessors out right now in super computers that are over 50x more powerful than the ps3, and these little microprocessors are smaller than 5 square centimeters.

is2149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 is2149
Member since 2005 • 2135 Posts

ViperDawg98

you do know that by powerd they mean console

Parl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Parl
Member since 2005 • 2676 Posts

I highly doubt it. MS has the money to make ATI make the better GPU for them. Nintendo will get the second best.

Xrules06

Microsoft want a profit, so they will only pay for what's of reasonable value for money. Nintendo have plenty of cash. Microsoft has more, but if Microsoft only had Nintendo's cash reserves, they'd not spend any less on getting GPUs from ATi. Besides, Nintendo has a strong past with the ArtX division of ATi, and a decent past with ATi as a whole. Expect Nintendo to get the better deal.
LinksTunic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 LinksTunic
Member since 2005 • 311 Posts

ok alot of people say the revs graphics wont be as good as the ps3 or the 360 because of its size but lets look at the facts shall we?

example:the rev and 360 because the are similer in size

360 takes up alt of space for these reasons

xbox360-multi media...space taken

rev-none...no space taken

xbox360-built in dvd player...space taken

rev-has an attachment for dvds...no space taken

xbox360-hard drive....alot of space taken

rev-optional hard drive via usb ports...no space taken

so u see the 360 could very well be about the same size as the rev which will undoubtably have better graphics than the 360...IT COMES OUT A YEAR LATER THAN THE 360!!! there u go it will have equal if not better graphics than the 360

im not sure about the ps3 but ill get back to u on that...

adman66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 adman66
Member since 2003 • 1744 Posts

I highly doubt it. MS has the money to make ATI make the better GPU for them. Nintendo will get the second best.

Xrules06

wow, words can not describe how stupid you are.

since when does cpu power, graphics power the only things that make a system great?

you can have the best cpu/gpu, but have a bad mobo, well, good luck with that.

its all about how the components are linked, and how they are used.

the cube was smaller, and aparently "slower" then the xbox, but it could out perform the xbox in loading times(like every game) and graphics(metroid prime > halo1+2)

Konfusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Konfusion
Member since 2003 • 5049 Posts
lmao cube mappingFrozenCell
yeah, lmao. I mean, what is Nintendo thinking? Cube Mapping?! Worst R&D EVER!!! It's way more logical to spend a huge ammount of money on a CPU that looks powerful but that will simply be "old" a few months later... now THAT's some smart doing. :D
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts

Oh that's right, Flopalution will be more powerful then PS3 and 360 yet being several times smaller. Makes sense to mealumn

A little Toyota MR2 is way faster than your big Mustang.

visionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66 visionary
Member since 2002 • 14739 Posts

[QUOTE="alumn"]Oh that's right, Flopalution will be more powerful then PS3 and 360 yet being several times smaller. Makes sense to megoodumz

I have a 50 gb flash drive that's smaller than a 20 gb ipod.
My laptop is three times more powerful than my desktop at home.

My aston martin mini will tear up a humvee in a drag race any day.
One shot of everclear is stronger than three cans of beer.

I'm sorry, what was your point again?

If they manage to fit technology in the very small REV that ends up resulting in a system similiar in power to the 360 and PS3 then the point will come down to price o_O. Yeah don't get your hopes up people, especiallly in that vaporware of an idea known as cube mapping.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

[QUOTE="Resetti"]Better than X1.5? probably
Better than PS3? We have to wait and see...
danm168

indeed

If the revolution comes out after the PS3, it could very well be more powerful then then PS3. :|

As is what is happening with the 360, PS3 is a bit more powerful then it and 360 is coming out first.

In fact, chances are if Rev. does come out after the PS3 it will be more powerful.

9dmunro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 9dmunro
Member since 2003 • 1289 Posts
Your stupid look at Mac Mini. Also any 2.0L European/Japanese car performs better than most American 5.0LV8's. So that proves that size doesn't matter.
Nfactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Nfactor
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts
Look, I don't want to spend anymore time then this, on this particular issue and have it spiral out of control. Playstation 3's main advantage over all the next gen consoles in the Cell CPU, the reason it's a massive advantage is, is because of programmability of it's uses in graphics, T&L and AI/Pyshics. Now the official word is that the R520 is going into the Rev, but will be modified with more pipelines for shader rendering then the PC counterpart. Has far has the CPU is concered on the Rev, It's an IBM PPC with 2 cores and 4 hardware threads with indiviual caches. With an unknown in the amount of graphics render memory on Rev, and the fact it's a small form factor leaves this variable out there. Rev has a better chance of possibly rivaling the 360, then PS3 in graphics horsepower. You can check out Beyond3D, if you want some more information. Nintendo's development process ideaology on the Rev is simplicity, that doesn't nessicarily mean bad graphics for the system, but it terms of comparing to the unified architecture of the 360 and the Cell+RSX graphics rendering scheme. It's just too frugal to compete on the same level aduquately within the same frame of technology available on the other two. Especially the Playstation 3.

But I'm sure it'll be good, It'll be like a really good PC, with some nice standard graphics effects libararies and a decent amount of Ram.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Puckhog04

Look, I don't want to spend anymore time then this, on this particular issue and have it spiral out of control. Playstation 3's main advantage over all the next gen consoles in the Cell CPU, the reason it's a massive advantage is, is because of programmability of it's uses in graphics, T&L and AI/Pyshics. Now the official word is that the R520 is going into the Rev, but will be modified with more pipelines for shader rendering then the PC counterpart. Has far has the CPU is concered on the Rev, It's an IBM PPC with 2 cores and 4 hardware threads with indiviual caches. With an unknown in the amount of graphics render memory on Rev, and the fact it's a small form factor leaves this variable out there. Rev has a better chance of possibly rivaling the 360, then PS3 in graphics horsepower. You can check out Beyond3D, if you want some more information. Nintendo's development process ideaology on the Rev is simplicity, that doesn't nessicarily mean bad graphics for the system, but it terms of comparing to the unified architecture of the 360 and the Cell+RSX graphics rendering scheme. It's just too frugal to compete on the same level aduquately within the same frame of technology available on the other two. Especially the Playstation 3.

But I'm sure it'll be good, It'll be like a really good PC, with some nice standard graphics effects libararies and a decent amount of Ram.
Nfactor

You honestly think that if Rev. comes out after the PS3 it doesn't have a chance at being more powerful? I'm sorry, that's ignorance. Nobody knows what it's gonna be yet, but if it's out after the PS3 then Nintendo would be stupid not to capitalize on that.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Puckhog04

ok alot of people say the revs graphics wont be as good as the ps3 or the 360 because of its size but lets look at the facts shall we?

example:the rev and 360 because the are similer in size

360 takes up alt of space for these reasons

xbox360-multi media...space taken

rev-none...no space taken

xbox360-built in dvd player...space taken

rev-has an attachment for dvds...no space taken

xbox360-hard drive....alot of space taken

rev-optional hard drive via usb ports...no space taken

so u see the 360 could very well be about the same size as the rev which will undoubtably have better graphics than the 360...IT COMES OUT A YEAR LATER THAN THE 360!!! there u go it will have equal if not better graphics than the 360

im not sure about the ps3 but ill get back to u on that...

LinksTunic

360's HDD doesn't take up space, it's attached to the side of the Console. :|

imtjnotu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 imtjnotu
Member since 2003 • 3360 Posts

OMG:

Flopoltuion

Rehasholution

crapolution

POS3

Lamesation

Crap station

xflop Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Uzi7-

OMG: ENGLISH ENGLISH ENGLISH

Nfactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Nfactor

[QUOTE="Nfactor"]Look, I don't want to spend anymore time then this, on this particular issue and have it spiral out of control. Playstation 3's main advantage over all the next gen consoles in the Cell CPU, the reason it's a massive advantage is, is because of programmability of it's uses in graphics, T&L and AI/Pyshics. Now the official word is that the R520 is going into the Rev, but will be modified with more pipelines for shader rendering then the PC counterpart. Has far has the CPU is concered on the Rev, It's an IBM PPC with 2 cores and 4 hardware threads with indiviual caches. With an unknown in the amount of graphics render memory on Rev, and the fact it's a small form factor leaves this variable out there. Rev has a better chance of possibly rivaling the 360, then PS3 in graphics horsepower. You can check out Beyond3D, if you want some more information. Nintendo's development process ideaology on the Rev is simplicity, that doesn't nessicarily mean bad graphics for the system, but it terms of comparing to the unified architecture of the 360 and the Cell+RSX graphics rendering scheme. It's just too frugal to compete on the same level aduquately within the same frame of technology available on the other two. Especially the Playstation 3.

Puckhog04

You honestly think that if Rev. comes out after the PS3 it doesn't have a chance at being more powerful? I'm sorry, that's ignorance. Nobody knows what it's gonna be yet, but if it's out after the PS3 then Nintendo would be stupid not to capitalize on that.

If the Cell isn't in the Rev, then it's not going to be more powerful then PS3, or the 360. It's not that hard to evaluate the hardware, especially when both are going to be manufactured next year. The drawing board stuff is over.

damz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 damz
Member since 2003 • 2112 Posts

[QUOTE="Callous-Bstard"]It's a fake article,obviously. Look at the spelling for a start. :roll:-Jaded_Sphere-
Yeah , it also says the Martin Have been working on Perfect Dark Zero ..which just can't be possible because he left Rare Ware on 1998 ...

ur aware that perfect dark was being worked on for the gamecube right? he quit when ms bought it over and changed it to xbox then it was moved to 360

0WNAGE_MASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 0WNAGE_MASTER
Member since 2005 • 254 Posts
Rofflelution will look like N64.
Rosencrantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Rosencrantz
Member since 2003 • 8148 Posts

I honestly think the graphics of the Revolution will not be as good as the other two. However, they will be really good. I also don't think that is why they haven't shown anything yet. Nintendo really angered people the last time they showed a CGI demo and the game ended up being cell shaded. I'm sure they learned their lesson there. I think the reason they haven't shown anything is because their rumoured launch date is so far away yet that there just isn't any point.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Puckhog04
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

[QUOTE="Nfactor"]Look, I don't want to spend anymore time then this, on this particular issue and have it spiral out of control. Playstation 3's main advantage over all the next gen consoles in the Cell CPU, the reason it's a massive advantage is, is because of programmability of it's uses in graphics, T&L and AI/Pyshics. Now the official word is that the R520 is going into the Rev, but will be modified with more pipelines for shader rendering then the PC counterpart. Has far has the CPU is concered on the Rev, It's an IBM PPC with 2 cores and 4 hardware threads with indiviual caches. With an unknown in the amount of graphics render memory on Rev, and the fact it's a small form factor leaves this variable out there. Rev has a better chance of possibly rivaling the 360, then PS3 in graphics horsepower. You can check out Beyond3D, if you want some more information. Nintendo's development process ideaology on the Rev is simplicity, that doesn't nessicarily mean bad graphics for the system, but it terms of comparing to the unified architecture of the 360 and the Cell+RSX graphics rendering scheme. It's just too frugal to compete on the same level aduquately within the same frame of technology available on the other two. Especially the Playstation 3.

Nfactor

If the Cell isn't in the Rev, then it's not going to be more powerful then PS3, or the 360. It's that hard to evaluate the hardware, especially when both are going to be manufactured next year. The drawing board stuff is over.

Meh, i'm not going to go any further since Rev. has nothing on it in terms of performance.

I will say that if it comes out after the PS3, it should be at least as powerful as the 360, possibly be as powerful as the PS3. The 360 isn't much less powerful then the PS3 as it is, and if the Rev. comes out after both it could easily be as powerful as the 360 and/or PS3.

I just think it would be dumb if Nintendo didn't capitalize on coming out last (which is what it's looking like now). Not that they haven't done dumb stuff before.

0WNAGE_MASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 0WNAGE_MASTER
Member since 2005 • 254 Posts
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

Nfactor

If the Cell isn't in the Rev, then it's not going to be more powerful then PS3, or the 360. It's not that hard to evaluate the hardware, especially when both are going to be manufactured next year. The drawing board stuff is over.

Puh-leese. Did you miss the anand article that got PAID off? Cell is a joke.
Nfactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Nfactor
[QUOTE="Nfactor"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

0WNAGE_MASTER

Puh-leese. Did you miss the anand article that got PAID off? Cell is a joke.

Yeah, a 2+ billion dollar in R&D multimedia microprocessor from IBM is a joke. I guess they're PH.D's in there engineering departments all over the world should be sent back to community college. lol please grow brain before you speak again, before you melt everyone else in here with your ignorance and stupidity. Thank You.

:lol:

goodumz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 goodumz
Member since 2005 • 722 Posts
wahahhahahha
Firefly_182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Firefly_182
Member since 2004 • 3613 Posts
[QUOTE="Xrules06"]

adman66

wow, words can not describe how stupid you are.

since when does cpu power, graphics power the only things that make a system great?

you can have the best cpu/gpu, but have a bad mobo, well, good luck with that.

its all about how the components are linked, and how they are used.

the cube was smaller, and aparently "slower" then the xbox, but it could out perform the xbox in loading times(like every game) and graphics(metroid prime > halo1+2)

And the GC has been praised as the best balanced and best put together system this generation. Everything was thought of and designed well, and it came out as the most efficient console, hardware wise. Too bad it went to waste :(.

jdeurlein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#82 jdeurlein
Member since 2005 • 6378 Posts

Rofflelution will look like N64.0WNAGE_MASTER

Would you be willing to place some kind of bet on that? :|

nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts

[QUOTE="0WNAGE_MASTER"]Rofflelution will look like N64.jdeurlein

I'll take that bet against him :P
Firefly_182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Firefly_182
Member since 2004 • 3613 Posts
[QUOTE="jdeurlein"]

[QUOTE="0WNAGE_MASTER"]Rofflelution will look like N64.nuck44

I'll take that bet against him :P

Count me in, I need the money (against that guy)

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

GCN > PS2

GameCube was smaller than the PS2. :|

Seeing as Nintendo has been able to produce better graphics that Sony for two generations, I think the same will happen next.

Warp_2567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#86 Warp_2567
Member since 2004 • 11701 Posts

"
GameSpy
: There are many rumors that Nintendo has been working on a new way to render amazingly lifelike graphics without actually rendering anything using new graphics technology. Are there any truth to any of these rumors and what can we look forward to?

Martin Hollis: Well…(smiles) I really can’t go too much into any of that kind of stuff. Nintendo has almost been overkill about not letting any screenshots or trailers leaked to the press. But as to what you are referring to like NURBS or depth-mapped cube maps or the spec of the technology, Nintendo will make those announcements along side our trailer at E3 06’. Just be ready to be completely shocked…I can guarantee that the smokescreen will be blown away come next E3.

GameSpy: Some gaming fans are claiming that Nintendo will not show a screenshot or trailer because the graphics are simply not on par with the other two consoles. Is this speculation without merit or could this be the case?

Martin Hollis: As I said before I really can’t comment on the graphics technologies of the console’s hardware. But rest assured that Nintendo has never manufactured the weakest powered hardware and that won’t change this go around. As to the speculation…did Nintendo not show off the DS’s graphics because they were afraid that it would look underpowered in comparison to the PSP…no. Nintendo was not afraid in the least to showcase the DS’s graphics. Even though they were certainly not as grand as the PSP. Nintendo is definitely not holding back the graphics because they don’t look as good. They just at least for the time being…want for the controller and innovative features to be the prime focus, so the press and what not doesn’t get too hung up on polygon count or dynamic lighting or bump mapping. So the claim that they aren’t releasing screenshots or trailers because they are ashamed of the graphics power is completely absurd.
"

The entire interview can be found here: http://forums.gamespot.com/gamespot/show_messages.php?board=314159282&topic=23680336&page=0

goodumz
So, Ninty fans want Mario to look like a real-life Italian plumber? I don't think Revo will have the best graphics. It's more likely that Revo will have the most artistic looking games.
Warp_2567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#87 Warp_2567
Member since 2004 • 11701 Posts

[QUOTE="alumn"]Oh that's right, Flopalution will be more powerful then PS3 and 360 yet being several times smaller. Makes sense to meUssjTrunks

GCN > PS2

GameCube was smaller than the PS2. :|

Seeing as Nintendo has been able to produce better graphics that Sony for two generations, I think the same will happen next.

PSTwo is barely bigger than GC, and GC had an entire year for it to become graphically superior to PS2.
Hydro_Dynamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Hydro_Dynamo
Member since 2005 • 4838 Posts

[QUOTE="alumn"]Oh that's right, Flopalution will be more powerful then PS3 and 360 yet being several times smaller. Makes sense to megoodumz

^^^ That was some mighty fine ownage.
IkeXC07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 IkeXC07
Member since 2004 • 8980 Posts
Can't wait for E3 '06 8)
IkeXC07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 IkeXC07
Member since 2004 • 8980 Posts
[QUOTE="goodumz"]

[QUOTE="alumn"]Oh that's right, Flopalution will be more powerful then PS3 and 360 yet being several times smaller. Makes sense to meHydro_Dynamo

^^^ That was some mighty fine ownage.

Avatar image for crazedcommando9
crazedcommando9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#91 crazedcommando9
Member since 2004 • 2169 Posts
HAHAHHA I will laugh and end my life if i find out Nintendo will be better
scarface100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#92 scarface100
Member since 2003 • 5051 Posts
I don't care about Rev graphics! I like the innovation
goodumz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 goodumz
Member since 2005 • 722 Posts
i must agree with last post
Avatar image for markiemarkie231
markiemarkie231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#94 markiemarkie231
Member since 2004 • 14371 Posts
it will own xflop360 grx but ps3 will have an edge here
salamisandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#95 salamisandwich
Member since 2004 • 3725 Posts
i doubt it, if they were going to wow everyone, they would have done it earlier

~words of a sheep.
chucholucho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 chucholucho
Member since 2005 • 664 Posts
[This message was deleted at the request of board moderator or administrator]
ChimTheGrim21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ChimTheGrim21
Member since 2004 • 3572 Posts

I don't care about Rev graphics! I like the innovationscarface100

^^ ... PS2 proves that better graphics do not mean a better system. It is the games people. And right now, no one knows for sure which system will be the most successful.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#99 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
:lol:

How cruel to bump this thread back up.

TheWiikestLink

Forum Posts