Reasons Why Consolites Don't Care About PC Gaming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="ultraking"]ill excuse you since you have no idea what it takes to be a DJ. i dont just scratch records and call it a day

ultraking

Editing samples and beats from a no name DJ with no record deal is a little different dude. Iknow more about the music insist than I do the gaming industry. Remixing a song at a club where it is not for sale is different than making a remix album.

you have no idea about the music industry. Atleast about electronic music you dont

Electronic music does not negate copywrite laws. Iknow many people in signed bands and am a musician myself. I have used samples in my songs, but I know that if I make any money from those songs I am violating copywrite laws.

Lol at comparing scratching a turn table to altering the way games perform. Completely different.

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

[QUOTE="ultraking"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Editing samples and beats from a no name DJ with no record deal is a little different dude. Iknow more about the music insist than I do the gaming industry. Remixing a song at a club where it is not for sale is different than making a remix album.Miketheman83

you have no idea about the music industry. Atleast about electronic music you dont

Electronic music does not negate copywrite laws. Iknow many people in signed bands and am a musician myself. I have used samples in my songs, but I know that if I make any money from those songs I am building copywrite laws. Lol at comparing scratching a turn table to altering the way games perform. Completely different.

LOL you're the dumbass that brought it up about people altering their music and videos.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

1. Because they don´t have money.

2. Because they are 12-year old and their mamas don´t give them money. 

3. Because they are child molestors and they are attracted to everything kids play.

4. Because they are too fat  and they can´t fit into a chair, so lying on the couch is the only gaming alternative for them.

5. Because their fingers so fat that they can press a keyboard key without pressing other keys arround.

6. Because 3 button mouse is too complex device for them to handle.

7. Because most of them combine all above mentioned characteristics. :lol:

jhonMalcovich
I do like these threads for one reason... it's good evidence of what you actually think of us.
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts

[QUOTE="ultraking"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Editing samples and beats from a no name DJ with no record deal is a little different dude. Iknow more about the music insist than I do the gaming industry. Remixing a song at a club where it is not for sale is different than making a remix album.Miketheman83

Electronic music does not negate copywrite laws. Iknow many people in signed bands and am a musician myself. I have used samples in my songs, but I know that if I make any money from those songs I am building copywrite laws. Lol at comparing scratching a turn table to altering the way games perform. Completely different.

No. you have no idea about electronic music. were done here. And you are the one who bought up music , i just responded

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="ultraking"]you have no idea about the music industry. Atleast about electronic music you dont

menes777

LOL you're the dumbass that brought it up about people altering the music and videos.

Not the way he is talking about altering music. What he is doing to music is the equivalent of me pausing and starting the game over and over.

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 menes777

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

3. Because they are child molestors and they are attracted to everything kids play.

4. Because they are too fat  and they can´t fit into a chair, so lying on the couch is the only gaming alternative for them.

5. Because their fingers so fat that they can press a keyboard key without pressing other keys arround.

lowe0

I do like these threads for one reason... it's good evidence of what you actually think of us.

Yes because consolites don't ever say anything bad about pcgamers and they don't ever lie or stretch the truth to make their points. :roll:

Looks like the victim card is coming out again...

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 menes777

[QUOTE="menes777"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Electronic music does not negate copywrite laws. Iknow many people in signed bands and am a musician myself. I have used samples in my songs, but I know that if I make any money from those songs I am building copywrite laws. Lol at comparing scratching a turn table to altering the way games perform. Completely different.Miketheman83

LOL you're the dumbass that brought it up about people altering the music and videos.

Not the way he is talking about anything music. What he is doing to music is the equivalent of me pausing and starting the game over and over.

Uh huh, you just admitted that your point had nothing to do with modding a game.

Chrome-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#158 Chrome-
Member since 2009 • 1744 Posts

This man speaks the truth.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="ultraking"]you have no idea about the music industry. Atleast about electronic music you dont

ultraking

No. you have no idea about electronic music. were done here. And you are the one who bought up music , i just responded

That's not even the point. Even if what are doing is a true remix and is legal. Do you think people consider it better than the original product?
LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

lowe0

That's vile.

Oh wow console users are child molesters now?

Where's that post, you should report his ass.

F*cking scumbag.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Miketheman83

Been ages I've responded to one of these numbered 'why I don't like it' threads like this. Lets give it a go.

1. I can't say I've looked at sys requirements in about 8 years. Otherwise there's a website dedicated to doing this automatically for you, if you're a stickler.

2. If it's 'dated' then why is it still considered, and outright far better for many genres of play? Point is irrelevant anyway when controllers of all varieties work perfectly fine on the PC.

3. Which is rubbish considering the PC gets triple A treatment and diversity. If you're only playing games for 'polish' then quite frankly that comes down to your taste, which is entirely subjective in itself.

4. Entry price is a fair point. Otherwise your computer can go anywhere, and have whatever form-factor you want; spend no time worrying about it or all the time, that's your call. But you'd know about wasting time infront of your PC, you did make this thread, so your own point is a bit moot.

5. Video games weren't made to be played any way; Arcades to Computers to Handhelds or Console games, or even Exertion Games and so on. PCs all have HDTV connectivity via HDMI, so I'm not sure that you thought that point through either.

Otherwise that's fineif you rather console gaming, and you're sick of PC fanboys goading you, but trying to goad them back with an argument dumber then theirs makes you look well, stupid, and chalks up a win for the fanboys bating you.

In this sense your thread was a lose-lose to begin with.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts

[QUOTE="ultraking"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Electronic music does not negate copywrite laws. Iknow many people in signed bands and am a musician myself. I have used samples in my songs, but I know that if I make any money from those songs I am building copywrite laws. Lol at comparing scratching a turn table to altering the way games perform. Completely different.Miketheman83

That's not even the point. Even if what are doing is a true remix and is legal. Do you think people consider it better than the original product?

i do. i and alot of people can only listen to the same song over and over before it gets old.

edit: well i cant say my mixes are better. that didnt come out right. but i do think people like hearing their favorite track with a new spin on it

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 skrat_01
I do like these threads for one reason... it's good evidence of what you actually think of us.lowe0
'Us'. Remind yourself that you are talking about video games, and people playing video games. Some perspective helps.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

lowe0

We don't... if I had to pick for a more intelligent post between this mess and the OP, would've gone with the OP any time...

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

menes777

Yes because consolites don't ever say anything bad about pcgamers and they don't ever lie or stretch the truth to make their points. :roll:

A few, sure. But given the frequency with which a preference for consoles is equated to personal defects, the idea that it's merely a humorous meme lacks credibility. And I don't point it out because I feel victimized (I don't, really). I point it out because it's contradictory to the claim that PC gamers aren't elitist, and it amuses me to point out contradictions.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

What if this thread had not gotten a single reply because of how blatantly obvious it was that it's a troll thread?

I personally would have been proud of system wars.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Miketheman83
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

skrat_01
Been ages I've responded to one of these numbered 'why I don't like it' threads like this. Lets give it a go. 1. I can't say I've looked at sys requirements in about 8 years. Otherwise there's a website dedicated to doing this automatically for you, if you're a stickler. 2. If it's 'dated' then why is it still considered, and outright far better for many genres of play? Point is irrelevant anyway when controllers of all varieties work perfectly fine on the PC. 3. Which is rubbish considering the PC gets triple A treatment and diversity. If you're only playing games for 'polish' then quite frankly that comes down to your taste, which is entirely subjective in itself. 4. Entry price is a fair point. Otherwise your computer can go anywhere, and have whatever form-factor you want; spend no time worrying about it or all the time, that's your call. But you'd know about wasting time infront of your PC, you did make this thread, so you're own point is a bit moot. 5. Video games weren't made to be played any way; Arcades to Computers to Handhelds or Console games, or even Exertion Games and so on. PCs all have HDTV connectivity via HDMI, so I'm not sure that you thought that point through either. Otherwise that's fine if you rather console gaming, and you're sick of PC fanboys goading you, but trying to goad them back with an argument dumber then theirs makes you look well, stupid, and chalks up a win for the fanboys bating you. Your thread was a lose-lose to begin with.

My point is that this place is full of two types of people; PC gamers who come here to try and prove their superiority, and console gamers who just want to debate 360 vs PS3, who don't care, nor want to debate PC gaming. It doesn't interest us. PC gamers are trying to sell their platform to people who don't care about it. I find it pathetic and annoying.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 skrat_01
I point it out because it's contradictory to the claim that PC gamers aren't elitist, and it amuses me to point out contradictions.lowe0
Why imply otherwise that arrogant fanboys don't exist everywhere, platform specific fanboys or not? Painting gamers in general platform specific or not with broad strokes, let alone by System Wars of all places isn't doing your rational any favours.
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

[QUOTE="menes777"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] I do like these threads for one reason... it's good evidence of what you actually think of us.lowe0

A few, sure. But given the frequency with which a preference for consoles is equated to personal defects, the idea that it's merely a humorous meme lacks credibility. And I don't point it out because I feel victimized (I don't, really). I point it out because it's contradictory to the claim that PC gamers aren't elitist, and it amuses me to point out contradictions.

That is not elitism... that's just being stupid.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

Miketheman83

Been ages I've responded to one of these numbered 'why I don't like it' threads like this. Lets give it a go. 1. I can't say I've looked at sys requirements in about 8 years. Otherwise there's a website dedicated to doing this automatically for you, if you're a stickler. 2. If it's 'dated' then why is it still considered, and outright far better for many genres of play? Point is irrelevant anyway when controllers of all varieties work perfectly fine on the PC. 3. Which is rubbish considering the PC gets triple A treatment and diversity. If you're only playing games for 'polish' then quite frankly that comes down to your taste, which is entirely subjective in itself. 4. Entry price is a fair point. Otherwise your computer can go anywhere, and have whatever form-factor you want; spend no time worrying about it or all the time, that's your call. But you'd know about wasting time infront of your PC, you did make this thread, so you're own point is a bit moot. 5. Video games weren't made to be played any way; Arcades to Computers to Handhelds or Console games, or even Exertion Games and so on. PCs all have HDTV connectivity via HDMI, so I'm not sure that you thought that point through either. Otherwise that's fine if you rather console gaming, and you're sick of PC fanboys goading you, but trying to goad them back with an argument dumber then theirs makes you look well, stupid, and chalks up a win for the fanboys bating you. Your thread was a lose-lose to begin with.

My point is that this place is full of two types of people; PC gamers who come here to try and prove their superiority, and console gamers who just want to debate 360 vs PS3, who don't care, nor want to debate PC gaming. It doesn't interest us. PC gamers are trying to sell their platform to people who don't care about it. I find it pathetic and annoying.

No this place is full of fanboys and gamers... that's it.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 skrat_01
[Miketheman83
I can say this much, it has always been a 'hive of scum and villainy', of gamers reasonable and not at all arguing and arguing. Numbers change depending on the cycles, the current consoles are on the out so naturally PC fanboys will have more of a voice; Once the console announcements happen then more console fanboys at eachothers throats will happen. If you find it pathetic and annoying then look left at everyone doing the same thing on this board - when they're acting like a fanboy. If you're annoyed by the PC gaming gloating threads in particular, then be one better and don't be baited by the bull**** that's spouted; that's deliberately trying to bait you. Pathetic and annoying? Sure, but what sort of fanboy internet nonsense isn't. Enjoy the show and take it with a grain of salt, it's hard to call any of this serious in the slightest.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#172 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

Miketheman83

Well get lost then. You started this thread, you reap what you sow.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="skrat_01"] Been ages I've responded to one of these numbered 'why I don't like it' threads like this. Lets give it a go. 1. I can't say I've looked at sys requirements in about 8 years. Otherwise there's a website dedicated to doing this automatically for you, if you're a stickler. 2. If it's 'dated' then why is it still considered, and outright far better for many genres of play? Point is irrelevant anyway when controllers of all varieties work perfectly fine on the PC. 3. Which is rubbish considering the PC gets triple A treatment and diversity. If you're only playing games for 'polish' then quite frankly that comes down to your taste, which is entirely subjective in itself. 4. Entry price is a fair point. Otherwise your computer can go anywhere, and have whatever form-factor you want; spend no time worrying about it or all the time, that's your call. But you'd know about wasting time infront of your PC, you did make this thread, so you're own point is a bit moot. 5. Video games weren't made to be played any way; Arcades to Computers to Handhelds or Console games, or even Exertion Games and so on. PCs all have HDTV connectivity via HDMI, so I'm not sure that you thought that point through either. Otherwise that's fine if you rather console gaming, and you're sick of PC fanboys goading you, but trying to goad them back with an argument dumber then theirs makes you look well, stupid, and chalks up a win for the fanboys bating you. Your thread was a lose-lose to begin with.Bebi_vegeta

No actually this place is 80% PC fans who either circle jerk each other or they to debate with console gamers about a subject we don't care about.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 clyde46
[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] My point is that this place is full of two types of people; PC gamers who come here to try and prove their superiority, and console gamers who just want to debate 360 vs PS3, who don't care, nor want to debate PC gaming. It doesn't interest us. PC gamers are trying to sell their platform to people who don't care about it. I find it pathetic and annoying.Miketheman83

No actually this place is 80% PC fans who either circle jerk each other or they to debate with console gamers about a subject we don't care about.

You make a thread directed at PC gamers and then you complain that PC gamers are trolling you. I see that logic is not one of your strong points.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 skrat_01
No actually this place is 80% PC fans who either circle jerk each other or they to debate with console gamers about a subject we don't care about.Miketheman83
Look at SW's frontpage and scroll down please.
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] My point is that this place is full of two types of people; PC gamers who come here to try and prove their superiority, and console gamers who just want to debate 360 vs PS3, who don't care, nor want to debate PC gaming. It doesn't interest us. PC gamers are trying to sell their platform to people who don't care about it. I find it pathetic and annoying.Miketheman83

That's bs... I love how console gamers are so protected from these claims.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Miketheman83
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

clyde46

You make a thread directed at PC gamers and then you complain that PC gamers are trolling you. I see that logic is not one of your strong points.

You're a little lost dude. I'm not complaining about this thread. Generally speaking.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46441 Posts

[QUOTE="ultraking"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Random people do not remix music and movies, moron. With permission from the copyright holder maybe, and those remixes are hardly the definitive version of the product.Miketheman83
I remix music all the time.

Editing a sh1tty YouTube vid to your favorite song is hardly a remix. To do a proper remix you needed original copies of all the sound files. Assuming you were doing this correctly and making true remixes (which I doubt because that is copyright infringement), do you think people consider it better than the original version?

Some artists give out all the original sound files for free to anyone, so anyone that is interested can make a remix. Again showing you have not a single clue what you are talking about. 

Oh and some people do prefer remixes, edits, etc... over the original song. Get a clue

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Rocker6

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] No actually this place is 80% PC fans who either circle jerk each other or they to debate with console gamers about a subject we don't care about.Miketheman83

You're a little lost dude. I'm not complaining about this thread. Generally speaking.

You write nonsense, you'll quickly get called out on it, it's how SW works.

If your arguments were truly good and worthwhile, no amount of "mad hermits" would find huge holes in them. Instead, you hide behind generalizations and opinions, trying to pass them off as facts, and when that doesn't work, you bring out the insults and the victim card, whining about hostility and lack of respect and whatever.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 clyde46

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="clyde46"] You make a thread directed at PC gamers and then you complain that PC gamers are trolling you. I see that logic is not one of your strong points. Rocker6

If your arguments were truly good and worthwhile, no amount of "mad hermits" would find huge holes in them. Instead, you hide behind generalizations and opinions, trying to pass them off as facts, and when that doesn't work, you bring out the insults and the victim card, whining about hostility and lack of respect and whatever.

SW is serious business.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 lowe0
[QUOTE="lowe0"]I point it out because it's contradictory to the claim that PC gamers aren't elitist, and it amuses me to point out contradictions.skrat_01
Why imply otherwise that arrogant fanboys don't exist everywhere, platform specific fanboys or not? Painting gamers in general platform specific or not with broad strokes, let alone by System Wars of all places isn't doing your rational any favours.

It's a view expressed very frequently, and not just within System Wars. It's reasonable to assume that its the view of the community as a whole.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 R4gn4r0k

5-That game is awesome and that's not 80% of gaming.

I really wish you'd see that it's not PC gamers, but fanboys making topics about this. It's like you have a blind eye when it comes to console gamers doing this.

Bebi_vegeta

Don't forget it's finalstar you are talking to. The guy who posts in threads that show off PC games "Meh, not interested in any of these" without even looking at them. He judges the PC library based on absolutely nothing.

Saying 80% of PC gaming is RTS is factually wrong and only fanboys say that kind of stuff on these forums.

PC gaming doesn't interest him so he doesn't take the smallest effort to get to know what it's actually about. It's a vicious circle.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 R4gn4r0k

Electronic music does not negate copywrite laws. Iknow many people in signed bands and am a musician myself. I have used samples in my songs, but I know that if I make any money from those songs I am violating copywrite laws.

Lol at comparing scratching a turn table to altering the way games perform. Completely different.

Miketheman83

You brought up the subject about altering games through mods and making an analogy to movies and music. Mods can go from very small fixes to total conversions.

Same with music, it can go from simple edits to remixes that sound almost nothing like the original song.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] You're a little lost dude. I'm not complaining about this thread. Generally speaking.clyde46

SW is serious business.

Yup, when the butthurt kicks in and the victim card is on the table, everything's serious!

Gotta love a troll whining about hostility after his bait getting proven wrong on all counts! :lol:

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 clyde46

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

R4gn4r0k

You brought up the subject about altering games through mods and making an analogy to movies and music. Mods can go from very small fixes to total conversions.

Same with music, it can go from simple edits to remixes that sound almost nothing like the original song.

Indeed, try listening to the album version of Death Magnetic, its horrible. It needs to be re-edited to fix it.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 R4gn4r0k

Yup, when the butthurt kicks in and the victim card is on the table, everything's serious!

Gotta love a troll whining about hostility after his bait getting proven wrong on all counts! :lol:

Rocker6

Yeah, just like shadowmoses :lol:

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

R4gn4r0k

In what instance are these remixes more successful than the original song, in terms of public reception?If you could give a specific example that would be great.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 R4gn4r0k

Indeed, try listening to the album version of Death Magnetic, its horrible. It needs to be re-edited to fix it.clyde46

I love how Miketheman claims to be a musician but thinks remixing music is wrong :roll:

Its the same thing as modifying music or movies to suit your taste. It's wrong and not the way games should be played.Miketheman83

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 clyde46
[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

Miketheman83

In what instance are these remixes more successful than the original song?

Call On Me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_fCqg92qks
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#190 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Wow, I think I've seen a thread like this with exactly the same points before.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 R4gn4r0k

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]In what instance are these remixes more successful than the original song?clyde46

There are lots of examples. Search "Damian Marley - It Was written" in youtube and you will see the chasing shadows remix has way more views. I prefer the original more, but whatever.

That's not your point in the first place miketheman. So what does popularity have to do with anything ? :?

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="lowe0"]I point it out because it's contradictory to the claim that PC gamers aren't elitist, and it amuses me to point out contradictions.lowe0

It's a view expressed very frequently, and not just within System Wars. It's reasonable to assume that its the view of the community as a whole.

In that case we can assume the same for console gamers... and pretty much all of the internet people and why not the world while we're at it.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="clyde46"]Indeed, try listening to the album version of Death Magnetic, its horrible. It needs to be re-edited to fix it.R4gn4r0k

I love how Miketheman claims to be a musician but thinks remixing music is wrong :roll:

Its the same thing as modifying music or movies to suit your taste. It's wrong and not the way games should be played.Miketheman83

Remixing music with the permission of the copywrite holder is fine. I still can't think of an instance where a remix album it's better than the source material.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 R4gn4r0k

Remixing music with the permission of the copywrite holder is fine. I still can't think of an instance where a remix album it's better than the source material.Miketheman83

Oh so modding a game that the devs provided mod tools for is fine too than ?

And you keep switching from 'better than the original' to 'more popular that the original'. Both of which weren't part of your point to begin with.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Rocker6

cain006

Yeah, you see a few PC bashing threads, they all start to look the same... just a troll trying to pass off his opinions as facts, and going with the "you can't prove my vague statement wrong, which makes it correct" crap...

Rarely someone does PC criticism right...

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Its the same thing as modifying music or movies to suit your taste. It's wrong and not the way games should be played.Miketheman83

Remixing music with the permission of the copywrite holder is fine. I still can't think of an instance where a remix album it's better than the source material.

Wow, just about alot of Rap/Hip Hop music...

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 clyde46
[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Its the same thing as modifying music or movies to suit your taste. It's wrong and not the way games should be played.Miketheman83

Then stop looking at the mainstream stuff. Lots of indie stuff is remixed and is not distributed in the traditional channels.
Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts

1. System Requirements- Checking requirements for every game you purchase is annoying and cumbersome. People shouldn't have to do research every time they buy a game. Ain't nobody got time fo dat. Nothing is more annoying than having problems running a game you've been waiting to play.

2. Keyboard and mouse- It really is an outdated way to control video games. PC games often map their controls to certain letters all around the keyboard. It's often very awkward and imprecise. We don't need the whole alphabet in our controller.

3. Games- PC games just don't have the big budgets as top tier console games. PC games often feel amateurish and outdated. While I love games like Left 4 Dead and The Witcher they are very unpolished games compared to console games, and that is because of small dev teams and low budgets.

4. Price/Accessibility- Keeping up with the latest tech can be very pricey and time consuming. Most of us have lives outside of gaming. Spending time cooped up in our rooms building/upgrading PC's is not an appealing thought.

5. Comfort- Sitting on the couch with a big screen television is the way video games are meant to be played. Sitting at a computer desk with a small monitor is  killing the fun in my opinion. The argument that you can connect your PC to your television and play with a controller is a poor argument because in reality you are just trying to make your PC like a console.

I really wish PC gamers would stop trying to "sell" the PC to us console gamers.  Bottom line is that we are aware of the benefits of PC gaming, but the cons outweigh the benefits by a large margin. Console companies aren't threatened by PC gaming, consoles gamers aren't threatened by PC gaming, truth is, no one really cares about PC gaming except the elitist people that spendvall their time on forums trying to convert people who couldn't be any more disinterested.

Miketheman83
2 and 3 make sense. the rest is, well. . . . . Your a smart guy, you can figure it out.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"]In what instance are these remixes more successful than the original song?R4gn4r0k

There are lots of examples. Search "Damian Marley - It Was written" in youtube and you will see the chasing shadows remix has way more views. I prefer the original more, but whatever.

That's not your point in the first place miketheman. So what does popularity have to do with anything ? :?

My point is that people want to play the original content/listen to the original song. The mods/remixes are not better than the original material, they wouldn't exist without the original material, and are completely devoid of any artistic merit.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 R4gn4r0k

[QUOTE="cain006"]

Rocker6

Yeah, you see a few PC bashing threads, they all start to look the same... just a troll trying to pass off his opinions as facts, and going with the "you can't prove my vague statement wrong, which makes it correct" crap...

Rarely someone does PC criticism right...

Most of the time it's:

"PC has nothing but MMO and RTS"

or

"I only have to combine three or more systems to show that PC isn't that good"