Reasons Why Consolites Don't Care About PC Gaming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

i do care about pc gaming but i find consoles are just a lot more dependable and lasts me much longer. There a a few great pc exclusives every gen but i don't always have the money to keep an up to date machine around to play the.

As for the games i do like Consoles exclusives better mostly from first party games but some great third parties like No ni kuni.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

6. Controller UI vs keyboard/mouse UI on your couch, which is more comfortable?

I can use a controller if I like.

7. Competing against mouse users from your couch, using a controller, just isn't feasable. So if you prefer a controller, it's console or nothing.

Again, my friends came from consoles and use controllers on the PC.

8. No local co-op on PC

Its called LAN

9. Ecosystem, fan energy, social scene on consoles is so much richer, I've made so many cool friends. Not gonna say PC people are bad, but online it just has never put a smile on my face or made me laugh in the same way.

I've been playing MW:O for almost 6 months now, with a group of great friends.

10. Gamespot can pretend Planetside 2, LoL, Hawken, DayZ, Dear Esther, etc are the equivalent of Halo, Gears, UC, Forza, Heavy Rain, Ni No Kuni etc but the truth is they're not even in the same ballpark. Granted it's all taste, but hermits, with all due respect, your taste sucks.

Thats an opinion.

My 2 cents, don't mean to offend anyone.

LazySloth718

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts
[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Essentially you are saying you can make your PC more like a console. You think that's a good argument for why PC gaming is better?

Miketheman83

Having a flexible platform that can cater to a wide range of preferences is a bad thing? :?

Why would anybody spend tons of money just to make their PC just like an expensive console? Kinda defeats the purpose don't ya think?

It's a PC on the couch, Not a console, A console is a console (Exclusive Vaseline), PC does everything what a console does and even better and more stuff.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Having a flexible platform that can cater to a wide range of preferences is a bad thing? :?

faizan_faizan
Why would anybody spend tons of money just to make their PC just like an expensive console? Kinda defeats the purpose don't ya think?

It's a PC on the couch, Not a console, A console is a console (Exclusive Vaseline), PC does everything what a console does and even better and more stuff.

Yeah except gaming.
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
The price isn't that high, you don't need much to beat consoles in graphics. It's not required to have all graphics maxed out on PC gaming ya know. Main reason I play console is because I like the controller.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 clyde46
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Why would anybody spend tons of money just to make their PC just like an expensive console? Kinda defeats the purpose don't ya think?

Yeah except gaming.

Again, thats your opinion.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Why would anybody spend tons of money just to make their PC just like an expensive console? Kinda defeats the purpose don't ya think?

Yeah except gaming.

Skyrim sucks on consoles compared to PC.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Essentially you are saying you can make your PC more like a console. You think that's a good argument for why PC gaming is better?

Miketheman83

Could be various reasons, just because your PC is plugged in to a TV doesn't magically turn it into a console enviroment, the OS remains open, the better visuals and performance advantages are still there, games are moddable, etc, etc, all the platform traits are intact. Some people simply want to experience all the advantages of PC gaming on a big screen...

You have a choice with the PC, that's what matters.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 faizan_faizan

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Why would anybody spend tons of money just to make their PC just like an expensive console? Kinda defeats the purpose don't ya think?Miketheman83

Yeah except gaming.

Irrelevant, I'm just thinking you made this thread just for fun, You sir trolled me i'll have to admit that.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Miketheman83
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"] It's a PC on the couch, Not a console, A console is a console (Exclusive Vaseline), PC does everything what a console does and even better and more stuff.

Yeah except gaming.

PC version is a port. Mods are terrible.
LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

Could be various reasons, just because your PC is plugged in to a TV doesn't magically turn it into a console enviroment, the OS remains open, the better visuals and performance advantages are still there, games are moddable, etc, etc, all the platform traits are intact. Some people simply want to experience all the advantages of PC gaming on a big screen...

Rocker6

Doesn't it seem to you that PC gamers try hard to act like console gamers? Using the same lingo, moving to the living room, calling things "exclusive" etc.

It's almost like they want to have the same fan energy and enthusiasm as console fanboys, but they don't have anything to root for.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

Mods are terrible.Miketheman83
Why are mods terrible ?

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 faizan_faizan

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Rocker6

That's what makes PC Gaming, Not the visuals.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Yeah except gaming.

PC version is a port. Mods are terrible.

Your mom is terrible :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

LazySloth718

Doesn't it seem to you that PC gamers try hard to act like console gamers? Using the same lingo, moving to the living room, calling things "exclusive" etc.

It's almost like they want to have the same fan energy and enthusiasm as console fanboys, but they don't have anything to root for.

Never been to a lan party then, never seen the massive pc toournements then, never seen droves of us play online every night together in games that last more than 10 minute cod fests. yup, there is no fan energy on PC :roll:

"Derp I can play teh CoD 4 player split screen with my freindss THE ENERGY" .... mate ive had lans going of 16+ players ... screw your crappy little split screen tv experiance.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Great thread OP Would read again,10/10
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Mods are terrible.R4gn4r0k

Why are mods terrible ?

Because it's not content from the creators of the game. I want to play stuffed made by people who are professionals and get paid to do this. Mods alter the original concept of the game. Its the same thing as modifying music or movies to suit your taste. It's wrong and not the way games should be played.
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

So in other words, a more causal gamer will prefer consoles? Well no duh!

An enthusiast or "hardcore" gamer would have no problem with the specfics of a Gaming PC.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 clyde46

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

LazySloth718

So we can't use the same terms as console fanboys now? Are we suddenly excluded from having "fan energy"? Why should we be limited to sitting in an office to play games? I like taking my PC and playing it on the big TV in the living room.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Mods are terrible.Miketheman83

Why are mods terrible ?

Because it's not content from the creators of the game. I want to play stuffed made by people who are professionals and get paid to do this. Mods alter the original concept of the game. Its the same thing as modifying music or movies to suit your taste. It's wrong and not the way games should be played.

Original Concept of a game = limited time, publisher demands and overall lack of enthusiams from non-gamer programmingers/artists and managers ... GOOD JOB.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 clyde46
[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Mods are terrible.Miketheman83

Why are mods terrible ?

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Miketheman83

An enthusiast or "hardcore" gamer would have no problem with the specfics of a Gaming PC.

ShadowDeathX
I spend a lot of time playing games, a lot more than I should. Calling me casual is laughable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

ShadowDeathX
I know, I always find the easy of use in a hobby a stupid excuse. especially for nerds that come on these forusm most days. God forbid something takes alittle time and effort to learn but benefit from. Those that act this way mayaswell be playing angry birds all day. OH ITS SO EASY TO PICK UP AND PLAY... good for you....
LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 LazySloth718

Never been to a lan party then, never seen the massive pc toournements then, never seen droves of us play online every night together in games that last more than 10 minute cod fests. yup, there is no fan energy on PC :roll:

"Derp I can play teh CoD 4 player split screen with my freindss THE ENERGY" .... mate ive had lans going of 16+ players ... screw your crappy little split screen tv experiance.

MBirdy88

I remember lan parties, dragging your computer to someone's house, hell I drove to Pennsylvania for a Quake lan. LOL

Honestly, showing up and picking up a controller? It's better. ;)

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#77 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Mods are terrible.Miketheman83
That reminds me of Shadowmoses when he says dumb things like mods are terrible.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]

LazySloth718

I remember lan parties, dragging your computer to someone's house, hell I drove to Pennsylvania for a Quake lan. LOL

No its easiers, lazier and and overall far more limited experiance. Whats with you people and not having the energy to do anything and marking it as a good thing.
LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 LazySloth718

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]

MBirdy88

I know, I always find the easy of use in a hobby a stupid excuse. especially for nerds that come on these forusm most days. God forbid something takes alittle time and effort to learn but benefit from. Those that act this way mayaswell be playing angry birds all day. OH ITS SO EASY TO PICK UP AND PLAY... good for you....

PC benefit is not worth the effort.

It's overrated frankly.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]

LazySloth718

Let me see, playing split screen is better than a lan party where more than 2 people can take part in ? And consolite dare to call themselves social.:lol:

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 LazySloth718

No its easiers, lazier and and overall far more limited experiance. Whats with you people and not having the energy to do anything and marking it as a good thing.MBirdy88

Lazy?

This is supposed to be leisure time, not work time.

Where's the leisure in PC gaming?

You think humping your PC around is more fun than just playing?

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 faizan_faizan
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Mods are terrible.Miroku32

Yep, Even my console friends wished they had mods.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 clyde46

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]

LazySloth718

It's overrated frankly.

Again, that is your opinion.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 clyde46

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]

Lazy?

LazySloth718

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]No its easiers, lazier and and overall far more limited experiance. Whats with you people and not having the energy to do anything and marking it as a good thing.LazySloth718

Lazy?

Its no different than taking your console round to a friends place.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Miketheman83
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Mods are terrible.Miroku32

Why would I want to play content made by some loser in his basement? Would you want any loser modifying your nerdy anime movies? Don't you think that would ruin the original creators vision?
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"] I know, I always find the easy of use in a hobby a stupid excuse. especially for nerds that come on these forusm most days. God forbid something takes alittle time and effort to learn but benefit from. Those that act this way mayaswell be playing angry birds all day. OH ITS SO EASY TO PICK UP AND PLAY... good for you....clyde46

It's overrated frankly.

Again, that is your opinion.

Everything anyone says is their opinion...we know that.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 clyde46
[QUOTE="Miroku32"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Mods are terrible.Miketheman83

Why would I want to play content made by some loser in his basement? Would you want any loser modifying your nerdy anime movies? Don't you think that would ruin the original creators vision?

Take Skyrim, its broken! Mods actually make the game playable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]No its easiers, lazier and and overall far more limited experiance. Whats with you people and not having the energy to do anything and marking it as a good thing.LazySloth718

Lazy?

No, but then I don't think squinting at a small screen on a sofa of 4 sweaty guys is of any interest either. Gaming for my crowd is when we can't do other things together so we play complex online games at a distance. Kinda the norm when your a working/studying adult. but dat 4 split screen CoD is so epic right :roll: yea I will do it now and then, once a month.... eveyr half a year, when im so bored. so no 99% of the time I don't have to move my computer. Because there is near to no benefit of playing in the same room.
LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 LazySloth718

Let me see, playing split screen is better than a lan party where more than 2 people can take part in ?

jhonMalcovich

No, but for 2 people it's better.

So what's the benefit of a lan party when everybody has internet?

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#90 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts

Why would I want to play content made by some loserin his basement? Would you want any loser modifying your nerdy anime movies? Don't you think that would ruin the original creators vision?Miketheman83

facepalm

Now, onto topic, there are mods that actually expand the idea of the original creators like in DA: Origins. The Alistair Royal Wedding mod for example.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="Miroku32"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Mods are terrible.Miketheman83

Creators vision = a team of 200, about 10% of those are actually gaming enthusiasts, the rest of the company is mooching retail managers, stock holders forcing a game out of the door unfinished. A modding community comes in to add all the little things the gamers want, for free. but then, you know this, and this thread is a joke. otherwise...
LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 LazySloth718

No, but then I don't think squinting at a small screen on a sofa of 4 sweaty guys is of any interest either. Gaming for my crowd is when we can't do other things together so we play complex online games at a distance. Kinda the norm when your a working/studying adult. but dat 4 split screen CoD is so epic right :roll: yea I will do it now and then, once a month.... eveyr half a year, when im so bored. so no 99% of the time I don't have to move my computer. Because there is near to no benefit of playing in the same room. MBirdy88

Consoles

You can play on the internet in larger groups, or you can play split-screen with "4 sweaty guys" :P

Choices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

Let me see, playing split screen is better than a lan party where more than 2 people can take part in ?

LazySloth718

Whats the benefit of a devided screen especially when playing against eachother... oh you can bunch the guy once in a while COOL STORY BRO.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

1. System Requirements- Checking requirements for every game you purchase is annoying and cumbersome. People shouldn't have to do research every time they buy a game. Ain't nobody got time fo dat. Nothing is more annoying than having problems running a game you've been waiting to play.

2. Keyboard and mouse- It really is an outdated way to control video games. PC games often map their controls to certain letters all around the keyboard. It's often very awkward and imprecise. We don't need the whole alphabet in our controller.

3. Games- PC games just don't have the big budgets as top tier console games. PC games often feel amateurish and outdated. While I love games like Left 4 Dead and The Witcher they are very unpolished games compared to console games, and that is because of small dev teams and low budgets.

4. Price/Accessibility- Keeping up with the latest tech can be very pricey and time consuming. Most of us have lives outside of gaming. Spending time cooped up in our rooms building/upgrading PC's is not an appealing thought.

5. Comfort- Sitting on the couch with a big screen television is the way video games are meant to be played. Sitting at a computer desk with a small monitor is  killing the fun in my opinion. The argument that you can connect your PC to your television and play with a controller is a poor argument because in reality you are just trying to make your PC like a console.

I really wish PC gamers would stop trying to "sell" the PC to us console gamers.  Bottom line is that we are aware of the benefits of PC gaming, but the cons outweigh the benefits by a large margin. Console companies aren't threatened by PC gaming, consoles gamers aren't threatened by PC gaming, truth is, no one really cares about PC gaming except the elitist people that spendvall their time on forums trying to convert people who couldn't be any more disinterested.

Miketheman83
I play consoles only, and there's not one argument here that makes a lick of sense.
jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 jhonMalcovich

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

LazySloth718

The benefit is the ones who loose pay for the lunch. And you can yell at them "In your face". 2 people playing is boring. 3+ people is a party already.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]No, but then I don't think squinting at a small screen on a sofa of 4 sweaty guys is of any interest either. Gaming for my crowd is when we can't do other things together so we play complex online games at a distance. Kinda the norm when your a working/studying adult. but dat 4 split screen CoD is so epic right :roll: yea I will do it now and then, once a month.... eveyr half a year, when im so bored. so no 99% of the time I don't have to move my computer. Because there is near to no benefit of playing in the same room. LazySloth718

Consoles

You can play on the internet in larger groups, or you can play split-screen with "4 sweaty guys" :P

Choices

You can do the same on PC, its not easier, but its not hard either. the kind that do this kind of thing build apropriate carriable systems, or just you know, have a laptop and sacrfice some performance. choices.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Miketheman83
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="Miroku32"] That reminds me of Shadowmoses when he says dumb things like mods are terrible. MBirdy88

Creators vision = a team of 200, about 10% of those are actually gaming enthusiasts, the rest of the company is mooching retail managers, stock holders forcing a game out of the door unfinished. A modding community comes in to add all the little things the gamers want, for free. but then, you know this, and this thread is a joke. otherwise...

Would you want random people altering your favorite music or movie? What makes gaming any different?
LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 LazySloth718

Creators vision = a team of 200, about 10% of those are actually gaming enthusiasts, the rest of the company is mooching retail managers, stock holders forcing a game out of the door unfinished. A modding community comes in to add all the little things the gamers want, for free. but then, you know this, and this thread is a joke. otherwise... MBirdy88

Isn't that what almost destroyed PC gaming in the first place? Viewing the market as "mooching" and thinking everything should be free via Torrent.

That's how you got Steam DRM.

That's how you lost physical copies.

Because you thought the stock holder was a mooch for investing in the $100 million game.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 clyde46
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Why would I want to play content made by some loser in his basement? Would you want any loser modifying your nerdy anime movies? Don't you think that would ruin the original creators vision?

Would you want random people altering your favorite music or movie? What makes gaming any different?

what about when the devs actually provide users with the tools to make mods then?
jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 jhonMalcovich

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]No, but then I don't think squinting at a small screen on a sofa of 4 sweaty guys is of any interest either. Gaming for my crowd is when we can't do other things together so we play complex online games at a distance. Kinda the norm when your a working/studying adult. but dat 4 split screen CoD is so epic right :roll: yea I will do it now and then, once a month.... eveyr half a year, when im so bored. so no 99% of the time I don't have to move my computer. Because there is near to no benefit of playing in the same room. MBirdy88

Consoles

Choices

You can do the same on PC, its not easier, but its not hard either. the kind that do this kind of thing build apropriate carriable systems, or just you know, have a laptop and sacrfice some performance. choices.

Split screen sucks. It´s not competitive at all, if you can cheet peeking at what the other guys do. 

Split screen is poor people´s alternative to lan parties.