Realistically, do you think next gen AAA games can achieve stable 4K/60fps on next gen consoles?

• 124 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Realistically, do you think next gen AAA games can achieve stable 4K/60fps on next gen consoles? (118 votes)

Yes 38%
No 62%

I'm a skeptic on this. 4k/60 fps would be really demanding. Consoles have usually nort been ahead of the curve like that. Do you think it'll happen, SW?

• 
ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#101 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:

I expect 4K 30 fps to be the standard. 4K is too popular now not to be in the majority of console games next gen.

This basically resolution and graphics will always be the priority for consoles. These downgrades that you see in games like anthem show you the next console graphic standard at 30 fps still.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

You clearly didn't think before you typed.

The 2080 Ti a $1000+ GPU cannot run every CURRENT game at 4K/60FPS... CURRENT, so yes a PS5 doesn't have to run current games at max settings but those are current games IF A PS5 would have to lower settings for CURRENT games then what makes you think 4K/60 would be possible for what ever games come out for the PS5?...

Not really hard to understand... Unless you think a PS5 will be more powerful than a PC with a i9 and a RTX 2080 Ti?

You just lost and owned yourself with that comment and you clearly didn't think before you typed it.

What?...

Do you have brain damage?

I'll repeat for the last time, its very simple:

1. A RTX 2080 Ti is a $1000K GPU
  2. It cannot run all CURRENT generation games at 4k/60 max settings
  3. The PS5 won't be as powerful as a RTX 2080 Ti
  4. Next generation of games will be more demanding than the current

So if a RTX 2080 Ti has to lower settings to get 4k/60 with current games and the PS5 wont be as powerful... A PS5 even with lowered settings would probably stuggle to get 4K/60 on MOST that are unreleased because games get better looking over time and with that comes more strain on the hardware.

Its really not rocket science son. I don't disagree with you completely it can be down because their are always exceptions but judging by the fact that the coming consoles will have to run more demanding games I just don't see it happening since that console if released now won't be able to run most games at 4K/60 even on high settings.

You really are dumb

1. There are no rules anywhere that says you HAVE to use max settings so putting that limitation in to the equations is dumb as ****, especially as no where in the OP's question and poll did he say it must be at MAX settings......you're doing nothing but adding a bullshit variable in to the equation to make your retarded point and logic seem like it has merit......news flash...it doesn't...

2. The RTX 2080ti with reduced settings is more then capable of 4k/60 in current games with head room to spare, especially as for 99% of games it won't even be stretched to hit 4k60.

3. PS5 with reduced settings would also be capable of 4k/60......it might be at low settings, it might be high settings.....but the hardware can do it (If the developers choose to go 4k/30 that is not the consoles fault) and to suggest the hardware is not capable of it is retarded.......

So take your 'It must be at MAX settings' bull shit and do one....son.

I think you are completely stupid. No offence but I literally went through it twice and it still went over your head.

I would leave it there but I said a RTX 2080 Ti CANT not because I am saying it has to run MAX, its to emphasise just how hard it is to achieve... and you keep missing the main point that the $1000K GPU CANT with CURRENT generation of games yet you keep going in circles.

The developers dont "choose" a thing, MANY games even with lowered settings can't do 4K with a steady 60 even with a RTX 2070/i7 8700K which is what the next generation of consoles will probably perform close to and again that is WITH LOWERED SETTINGS! and those games are out NOW!.

So again SURE a PS5 could do what you are saying WITH SOME CURRENT GAMES and it would be up to the developer to have 60/30FPS... BUT in 2 years games will be even more demanding and then NO it wont be up to the developers and most if not all AAA games just won't be able to do 4K/60 even with lowered settings.

Look how easy 1080/60 is to do?... A X1/PS4 can barely do 1080/30.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

You clearly didn't think before you typed.

The 2080 Ti a $1000+ GPU cannot run every CURRENT game at 4K/60FPS... CURRENT, so yes a PS5 doesn't have to run current games at max settings but those are current games IF A PS5 would have to lower settings for CURRENT games then what makes you think 4K/60 would be possible for what ever games come out for the PS5?...

Not really hard to understand... Unless you think a PS5 will be more powerful than a PC with a i9 and a RTX 2080 Ti?

You just lost and owned yourself with that comment and you clearly didn't think before you typed it.

What?...

Do you have brain damage?

I'll repeat for the last time, its very simple:

1. A RTX 2080 Ti is a $1000K GPU
  2. It cannot run all CURRENT generation games at 4k/60 max settings
  3. The PS5 won't be as powerful as a RTX 2080 Ti
  4. Next generation of games will be more demanding than the current

So if a RTX 2080 Ti has to lower settings to get 4k/60 with current games and the PS5 wont be as powerful... A PS5 even with lowered settings would probably stuggle to get 4K/60 on MOST that are unreleased because games get better looking over time and with that comes more strain on the hardware.

Its really not rocket science son. I don't disagree with you completely it can be down because their are always exceptions but judging by the fact that the coming consoles will have to run more demanding games I just don't see it happening since that console if released now won't be able to run most games at 4K/60 even on high settings.

You really are dumb

1. There are no rules anywhere that says you HAVE to use max settings so putting that limitation in to the equations is dumb as ****, especially as no where in the OP's question and poll did he say it must be at MAX settings......you're doing nothing but adding a bullshit variable in to the equation to make your retarded point and logic seem like it has merit......news flash...it doesn't...

2. The RTX 2080ti with reduced settings is more then capable of 4k/60 in current games with head room to spare, especially as for 99% of games it won't even be stretched to hit 4k60.

3. PS5 with reduced settings would also be capable of 4k/60......it might be at low settings, it might be high settings.....but the hardware can do it (If the developers choose to go 4k/30 that is not the consoles fault) and to suggest the hardware is not capable of it is retarded.......

So take your 'It must be at MAX settings' bull shit and do one....son.

I think you are completely stupid. No offence but I literally went through it twice and it still went over your head.

I would leave it there but I said a RTX 2080 Ti CANT not because I am saying it has to run MAX, its to emphasise just how hard it is to achieve... and you keep missing the main point that the $1000K GPU CANT with CURRENT generation of games yet you keep going in circles.

The developers dont "choose" a thing, MANY games even with lowered settings can't do 4K with a steady 60 even with a RTX 2070/i7 8700K which is what the next generation of consoles will probably perform close to and again that is WITH LOWERED SETTINGS! and those games are out NOW!.

So again SURE a PS5 could do what you are saying WITH SOME CURRENT GAMES and it would be up to the developer to have 60/30FPS... BUT in 2 years games will be even more demanding and then NO it wont be up to the developers and most if not all AAA games just won't be able to do 4K/60 even with lowered settings.

Look how easy 1080/60 is to do?... A X1/PS4 can barely do 1080/30.

Why do you keep saying $1000 GPU like it's not sold at a massively over-inflated and rip off price?

Developers choose everything......... or have Sony and Microsoft started enforcing and telling them what resolution and frame rates they must use?

PS5 can run 4k/60....... and to say it can't is still retarded....

I understand your Hermit DNA is making this tough for you to comprehend and understand that a CONSOLE of all things could output 4k/60 if developers chose to go that route.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#104 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69787 Posts

Oh my. We are still pretending that 4k at 60fps is not achievable this generation and is some how inconceivable "next" gen.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11803 Posts

@Pedro: They're achieveable in low demanding games but for games that want to push graphics devs will always prioritize graphics over framerate.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@Pedro: @scatteh316:

I swear to go your brains must be equivalent to a fishes.

You are under the impression that graphics just stand still... No one is saying 4K/60 wont be achievable, it will be just not for every game because games get more demanding and some are A LOT more demanding than others some can't even hold 30FPS on consoles.

"Developers choose everything"... Really @scatteh316?... Are you that delusional and don't believe that some games are just too demanding that not only is lowering settings not going to help but those games can't even hold a steady 30FPS?... The developers chose?... Jesus Christ that is dumbest thing I have heard.

You know what I am tired of this conversation and this thread is just daft.

shurns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 shurns
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts

I think regardless of console power, game devs will try to get the most out of the game in achieving graphical fidelity at 4k/30fps. Possibly racing games will be running at 4k/60fps.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Pedro

@NoodleFighter said:

@Pedro: They're achieveable in low demanding games but for games that want to push graphics devs will always prioritize graphics over framerate.

Low demanding games? Are we going to pretend that diminishing returns have not hit consoles and PCs? There is not going to be any graphical jump that is worth salt for the next hardware iteration so 4k at 60FPS is very achievable for great looking game. Unless we are going to place games like RDR2 as low demanding games then, your expectations are out touched with reality.

@Grey_Eyed_Elf please don't bundle me in your blatantly false narrative.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11803 Posts

@Pedro said:
@NoodleFighter said:

Low demanding games? Are we going to pretend that diminishing returns have not hit consoles and PCs? There is not going to be any graphical jump that is worth salt for the next hardware iteration so 4k at 60FPS is very achievable for great looking game. Unless we are going to place games like RDR2 as low demanding games then, your expectations are out touched with reality.

@Grey_Eyed_Elf please don't bundle me in your blatantly false narrative.

Devs will still try to push games to look at least somewhat noticeably better than previous generation games regardless of diminishing returns. Plus games have yet to reach the level of detail shown in tech demos such as these. Nevermind how most games that show off their graphics at E3 and other major gaming events get noticeable graphical downgrades at launch. So at the very least we should be getting what they falsely advertised to us this gen next gen. Are you honestly going to tell me that Battlefield V maxed out with Ray tracing can be played at 4k 60fps on an Xbox One X? Red Dead Redemption 2 ain't no potato game but it ain't at BFV's level either. One thing a lot of the games that push graphics on consoles especially console exclusives is that they're usually restricted in design one way or another to be able to achieve those graphics such as linear environments or lack of physics/destruction or interaction with the environment. Making a racing game look good graphically isn't as impressive as say a large scale shooter or open world RPG. In a racing game you're going to moving at high speeds 95% of the time so devs don't really have to focus that much on the details of the environments cars are traversing through and can just throw some motion blur on it and put the remaining graphical power into rendering the cars and other effects.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@Pedro: "please don't bundle me in your blatantly false narrative"

Sweet heart you threw your self into the bowl of ignorance.

Just because some less demanding games can run at 4K/60 doesn't mean they all can, I'll give you a example... The X1X is between the performance of a RX 580 and GTX 1070:

At what setting do you think this game will run on a X1X at 4K/60?... When they already have to lower settings to get it to run at 30FPS. Some like the one below yes you can lower settings and get 60 with ease BUT for the X1X it had to lower resolution to 1782P:

Next generation what ever the hardware is doesn't matter THERE WILL BE GAMES that CANNOT do 4K/60 regardless of settings. THERE WILL BE GAMES that CAN but NOT AAA games that PUSH graphics forward.

4K/60 on some games... Of course, on all?... No, not every game/engine puts the same strain on hardware.

You can't understand that then just put your head back in the sand and move on till the next gen comes out then act surprised or pretend/forget that you said what you and numb nuts before you said. I have been here long enough I know how it works.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf

@NoodleFighter: Don't bother it will go over their heads.

A good example of what you are talking about when it come to racing games is Forza 7 on the X1X and Forza Horizon 4 on the X1X.

• Forza 7: Traditional racing game = Native 4K at 60FPS
  • Horizon 4: Open world racing game = Native 4K at 30FPS

These people think its the "developers choice" when it comes to performance on a game. F***ing unbelievable.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Pedro

@NoodleFighter: None of what you stated changes the fact that you will be able to get great looking games at 4k/60fps. The idea of graphics in gaming forever increasing and that developers would continually pour money in diminishing returns is simply not realistic. At the end of the day great looking games are pretty the standard. Ray tracing is not going to be a game changer for gamers and that is mainly because current tech does such an excellent job of faking it.

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

These people think its the "developers choice" when it comes to performance on a game. F***ing unbelievable.

This statement clearly states the level of ignorance you bear and there is nothing else to prove your ignorance as effectively like the above statement. Thank you for making it so easy.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@Pedro said:

@NoodleFighter: None of what you stated changes the fact that you will be able to get great looking games at 4k/60fps. The idea of graphics in gaming forever increasing and that developers would continually pour money in diminishing returns is simply not realistic. At the end of the day great looking games are pretty the standard. Ray tracing is not going to be a game changer for gamers and that is mainly because current tech does such an excellent job of faking it.

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

This statement clearly states the level of ignorance you bear and there is nothing else to prove your ignorance as effectively like the above statement. Thank you for making it so easy.

So with your logic graphics would should have stopped visually getting more demanding and every developer of graphics engines should halt updating them with new and advance features so you can play games at 60FPS at the highest resolution your new TV can handle?... **** me, your dumb.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Pedro

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

So with your logic graphics would should have stopped visually getting more demanding and every developer of graphics engines should halt updating them with new and advance features so you can play games at 60FPS at the highest resolution your new TV can handle?... **** me, your dumb.

Nope. That was never stated but continue with your false narrative because you obviously lack the understanding to comprehend simple concepts. :)

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@Pedro said:

The idea of graphics in gaming forever increasing and that developers would continually pour money in diminishing returns is simply not realistic. At the end of the day great looking games are pretty the standard. Ray tracing is not going to be a game changer for gamers and that is mainly because current tech does such an excellent job of faking it.

• Its not a idea, its literally a reality... Games have been improving from the get go. Why would they release a mid generation console or scratch that even bother developing a PS5 if that wasn't the case?... (rhetorical)
  • Developer of game engines are the ones responsible for giving features and tools that end up being used by the game developers who uses those engine... Unreal Engine for example is has been implementing ray tracing in their engine for a while now and the hardware is here and future hardware will be more capable THUS eventually ray tracing will become the norm which brings us back to the first bullet point that developers will continually push graphics forward its a literal reality.

I don't know what reality you live in, have you seen God of War?... Last of Us 2?... Red Dead Redemption 2?... Developers are literally doing what you call "not realistic" and making millions in profit and they will continue to do so.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Pedro

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
  • Its not a idea, its literally a reality... Games have been improving from the get go. Why would they release a mid generation console or scratch that even bother developing a PS5 if that wasn't the case?... (rhetorical)
  • Developer of game engines are the ones responsible for giving features and tools that end up being used by the game developers who uses those engine... Unreal Engine for example is has been implementing ray tracing in their engine for a while now and the hardware is here and future hardware will be more capable THUS eventually ray tracing will become the norm which brings us back to the first bullet point that developers will continually push graphics forward its a literal reality.

I don't know what reality you live in, have you seen God of War?... Last of Us 2?... Red Dead Redemption 2?... Developers are literally doing what you call "not realistic" and making millions in profit and they will continue to do so.

You continue to make an argument that is not being made. All you are doing right now is arguing with yourself based on points you made up for me.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@Pedro said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Nope. That was never stated but continue with your false narrative because you obviously lack the understanding to comprehend simple concepts. :)

Oh you mean this:

"None of what you stated changes the fact that you will be able to get great looking games at 4k/60fps"

Yeah that's the same thing.

Your whole point is we can do 4K/60 because games are good looking enough.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Pedro

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Oh you mean this:

"None of what you stated changes the fact that you will be able to get great looking games at 4k/60fps"

Funny thing is you quoted me and then paraphrased it to say something it didn't say. This is hilarious.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@Pedro said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

You continue to make an argument that is not being made. All you are doing right now is arguing with yourself based on points you made up for me.

Really?..

None of what you stated changes the fact that you will be able to get great looking games at 4k/60fps

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf

@Pedro said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Oh you mean this:

Funny thing is you quoted me and then paraphrased it to say something it didn't say. This is hilarious.

@Pedro said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Paraphrased?...

Your whole point is "great looking games can be done at 4K/60" and then defuse the fact there are games that push hardware by acting like developers don't or wont push hardware forward and you attack ray tracing which is pushing hardware which can be baked but its not the same and doesn't look as good.

No one is paraphrasing. What you are saying is clear and ignorant and not at all the reality in which we live in or will continue living in... Developers will continue to push hardware to breaking point and there is nothing you can do about it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Pedro

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Paraphrased?...

Your whole point is "great looking games can be done at 4K/60" and then defuse the fact there are games that push hardware by acting like developers don't or wont push hardware forward and you attack ray tracing which is the pushing hardware which can be backed but its not the same and doesn't look as good.

No one is paraphrasing. What you are saying is clear and ignorant and not at all the reality in which we live in or will continue living in... Developers will continue to push hardware to breaking point and there is nothing you can do about it.

You literally paraphrased me. Unless you don't know what the word actually means.

No one stated or implied that games don't push hardware. So, please stop making claims that were never made.

You are the one that made the ludicrous statement that performance is not a choice of developers which is absolutely false. Developers pushing hardware does not negate the statement "great looking games can be done at 4k/60fps".

Ray tracing is overstated and is not going to make much of difference to gamers. It will aid in the reducing the workload on the production end because of the real time nature and this all assuming that it would be a feature in next generation consoles which there is currently NO evidence of. Tossing that to the side raytracing has been implemented as precomputed lighting in so many games as it stands, thus the reason games look so good without the real time implementation. Unless the performance can be improved dramatically its not going to offer anything substantial to games especially with more efficient precomputed counter part.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#123 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17834 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: Don't bother engaging with the trolls. They will just keep going on forever even when they know you are right.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Pedro

@BassMan said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: Don't bother engaging with the trolls. They will just keep going on forever even when they know you are right.

It must really suck when you think talking about facts is trolling. :)

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf

@Pedro said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Paraphrased?...

Your whole point is "great looking games can be done at 4K/60" and then defuse the fact there are games that push hardware by acting like developers don't or wont push hardware forward and you attack ray tracing which is the pushing hardware which can be backed but its not the same and doesn't look as good.

You literally paraphrased me. Unless you don't know what the word actually means.

No one stated or implied that games don't push hardware. So, please stop making claims that were never made.

You are the one that made the ludicrous statement that performance is not a choice of developers which is absolutely false. Developers pushing hardware does not negate the statement "great looking games can be done at 4k/60fps".

Ray tracing is overstated and is not going to make much of difference to gamers. It will aid in the reducing the workload on the production end because of the real time nature and this all assuming that it would be a feature in next generation consoles which there is currently NO evidence of. Tossing that to the side raytracing has been implemented as precomputed lighting in so many games as it stands, thus the reason games look so good without the real time implementation. Unless the performance can be improved dramatically its not going to offer anything substantial to games especially with more efficient precomputed counter part.

@Pedro said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Paraphrased?...

Its not their choice.

I know now its clear that you disagree because you think a developer making a easy to run game thus giving you better performance is the same as performance being the developers choice?... I am not sure you understand how development of a game works, MOST developers don't set out limiting them selves in scope or ambition in the early stages of development its not until LATE into development that they know what performance they can get from the game and then they do their best to optimise the game. Its not their "choice" on what performance can be provided with hardware unless their intentions from the get go is to limit them selves in almost every way on every step.

So again I will repeat my original post for this topic:

4K/60 will be possible but not even close to possible on every game... And just for you Pedro, its not the developers fault how if the game that took them 4+ years to develop can't run at 4K/60FPS on hardware that will undoubtedly be slower than hardware that we already have on PC.

Also your whole point on Ray Tracing>?... Funny how you go down the same rabbit hole of delusional thinking that things won't improve over time, Ray Tracing is in its infancy stages not only will it make a bigger impact visually but down the line the performance will get better for it.

"None of what you stated changes the fact that you will be able to get great looking games at 4k/60fps. The idea of graphics in gaming forever increasing and that developers would continually pour money in diminishing returns is simply not realistic. At the end of the day great looking games are pretty the standard. Ray tracing is not going to be a game changer for gamers and that is mainly because current tech does such an excellent job of faking it."

Yes I quoted this again, its not paraphrased either its your whole post... We live in a era where graphics comparison get millions of views on YouTube per video and there are literal channels dedicated to bench-marking and or comparing hardware and graphics. Yet your under the delusion that what none of this matters?... That gamer's don't want Ray Tracing?.. That developers them selves don't want to push graphics forward?... That console manufactures aren't literally as we speak trying to squeeze the best hardware within their budget and fine tune it to get the most out of the teraflops just so they can give you current generation of games on a next generation console but at 4K/60FPS.

I give up with you.

Paraphrase?... Your level or bullshit may work on others but not on me.

Your whole argument is based on opinion:

• You will be able to get great looking games at 4K/60
  • Ray Tracing is overrated

Unless game developers stop pushing graphics forward the only games next generation console will get are current generation graphics but with 4K/60FPS. Which would defeat the purpose of creating a new console and is ignorant... Fortnite is a good example with the current generation it does 4K/60 but looks no better than a last generation game just runs at a higher resolution and framerate. Which sure looks good but the same will apply to next generation of consoles a game with graphics like FarCry 5 will be at 4K/60 but games won't stop looking better so the definition and the standard of a great looking game will change with the times.

Talking to you reminds me when people use to say "I can't imagine games looking better than this" when the PS2 was out. Games get better over time the hardware in a console doesn't... I'm going in circles with you man. Good night.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@BassMan: I know but I literally had nothing better to do. I am not at home now and I couldn't sleep but this thread made me tired so I guess it served a purpose?...