Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Is anyone still playing PUBG? Lol. I honestly has no idea it wasn’t on PS4.

goodzorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By goodzorr
Member since 2017 • 506 Posts

PUBG is still fun to play with friends. I personally never got on with Fornite; didn't enjoy the childish graphics and in particular the building walls nonsense. I haven't played Blackout myself but have seen plenty of videos. Got the typical (too) fast paced COD thing going on for my liking.

I hope cross play is gonna happen as that'd boost numbers, although I still even now on Xbox get 95+ people per game so no problem.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@vaidream45: Every day. You do know that people have different tastes - and that pubg is still amongst the group of games that people play most?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

It's free with GP and I've yet to even give it a spin, so what's that tell ya?

Sure is a Big loss. hahahahah :P

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#55 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

All i see here is garbage coming to PS4.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

PUBG is a big loss to whatever platform it comes out on.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

@sealionact: I didn’t. I don’t knwo anyone who still plays it so I assumed it got abandoned after fortnite and the nee CoD came out. That’s cool its still running though.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
@with_teeth26 said:
@Ross_the_Boss6 said:

PUBG was fun when it was the only option(I had the PC version). Why anyone would play this over BLOPs is beyond me.

IMO, it has better weapon mechanics/gunplay and more exciting firefights than another other BR game.

i'm pretty burnt out on all BR games at the moment though.

Yeah, PUBG still has the best gun mechanics, bar none. The only games that could offer competition in that department are non-BR games, Escape from Tarkov and World War 3(and possibly BF5).

I am not a fan of what Bluehole did with PUBG; they had this winning recipe, and began working on all the other editions, and still haven't gotten around to making solid, interesting maps. Their maps are so static and boring, it kind of got old.

They did well by adding vaulting, but they haven't really improved the game since then.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#59 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@Ross_the_Boss6 said:

PUBG was fun when it was the only option(I had the PC version). Why anyone would play this over BLOPs is beyond me.

IMO, it has better weapon mechanics/gunplay and more exciting firefights than another other BR game.

i'm pretty burnt out on all BR games at the moment though.

Yeah, PUBG still has the best gun mechanics, bar none. The only games that could offer competition in that department are non-BR games, Escape from Tarkov and World War 3(and possibly BF5).

I am not a fan of what Bluehole did with PUBG; they had this winning recipe, and began working on all the other editions, and still haven't gotten around to making solid, interesting maps. Their maps are so static and boring, it kind of got old.

They did well by adding vaulting, but they haven't really improved the game since then.

i'd agree with all of that.

might return to the game when they put more maps out but for now, i'm not playing any BR games.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#60 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

I for one am not one to follow trends or hate on something for any reason other than if I just don't personally like it. On that note, yeah, I am excited for PUBG to be coming to the PS4. This from a long time SOCOM fan looking for ANYTHING to scratch that itch... even if it's only a couple days/weeks at the most. A lot of my friends list has been waiting for this and DayZ. Sure, I could just get them on Xbox, but I don't have as much history over there, and don't have a good friends list... lol

Haters can hate, It's what they do.

Pixel_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#61 Pixel_Mage
Member since 2018 • 80 Posts
@WitIsWisdom said:

I for one am not one to follow trends or hate on something for any reason other than if I just don't personally like it. On that note, yeah, I am excited for PUBG to be coming to the PS4. This from a long time SOCOM fan looking for ANYTHING to scratch that itch... even if it's only a couple days/weeks at the most. A lot of my friends list has been waiting for this and DayZ. Sure, I could just get them on Xbox, but I don't have as much history over there, and don't have a good friends list... lol

Look into H-Hour: World's Elite, if you haven't already. It's been in early access on PC for quite a while, but it's expected to release on PS4 at some point. It's a small team, so it's progressed pretty slowly, but hopefully it won't be too much longer. It's a spiritual successor to SOCOM, and it looks and feels pretty much identical. It even has a lot of old SOCOM maps in it. It still needs some work, but I play it pretty regularly and I like it a lot.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

I don’t care, have fun ps4 gamers, it’s a great game. If anything, you guys got H1Z1 before us and that was one of the building blocks of PUBG.

And judging from what I’ve seen from countless sony fanboys, they claim it’s a terrible game anyway - now all the sudden they care? Talk about morons...

lol It is a terrible game. Looks and runs like a game made my college students as a class project, not a professionally developed AAA game. Never had any interest in buying it for my PC, no chance I buy it for my PS4, and I deleted it off my cell phone after 1 match which was the most boring 10-15 minutes of my life. lol

SchnabbleTab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 SchnabbleTab
Member since 2013 • 1488 Posts

@ajstyles said:

PUBG sucks.

Fortnite sucks.

I have no idea why the most broken games released are the most popular on the planet.

It seems like the movie “idiocracy” is 100% correct. People are getting dumber.

How is Fortnite broken? Other "most popular games" like LoL, WoW, GTA V, Pokemon, RDR2, CSGO etc aren't broken either.

You basically found one popular game that is broken and somehow equaled that to all other popular games. Yep, people are indeed getting dumber.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#64 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

@pixel_mage said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Look into H-Hour: World's Elite, if you haven't already. It's been in early access on PC for quite a while, but it's expected to release on PS4 at some point. It's a small team, so it's progressed pretty slowly, but hopefully it won't be too much longer. It's a spiritual successor to SOCOM, and it looks and feels pretty much identical. It even has a lot of old SOCOM maps in it. It still needs some work, but I play it pretty regularly and I like it a lot.

Yeah, H-Hour is the number one game I have been waiting for all generation. I donated $650 on the kickstarter and was one of the original moderators. David Sears himself asked if I would join the team. I wouldn't have done it otherwise, but I agreed and worked as a mod for SOF Studios for 4 years. The last two as lead mod. I also tried to unite therealsocom.com guys with the team and get everyone on the same page. You could say that perhaps I did what I could... lol. Ultimately I stopped being a mod and left the team after the game went early access on Steam and everyone else on the team was playing the game. I didn't want to have to get a good gaming pc just to play the game. So, here we are.. what, 5 years later? I still haven't even played the game, but I have faith as always that it WILL eventually make it to PS4. I never gave up on the game and I would gladly take my position back on the console side of things... if and when that time ever comes.

H-Hour and DayZ are my most anticipated games. Man.... I really miss the middle men. All we have these days are HUGE AAA games and shitty low budget indies. The middle men are all but gone. I'm hoping next gen remedies that, because when the best shooter (imo) on the PS4 is H1Z1... that's a problem. Bring back SOCOM, Medal of Honor, and an actual GOOD Rainbow Six game. I mean, Siege was a good idea... but I can't stand that camp fest. Just remove the whole building walls thing and the inability to leave the compound while defending (maybe make it 3rd person too :P) and then we would be talking.

Pixel_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#65 Pixel_Mage
Member since 2018 • 80 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:
@pixel_mage said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Yeah, H-Hour is the number one game I have been waiting for all generation. I donated $650 on the kickstarter and was one of the original moderators. David Sears himself asked if I would join the team. I wouldn't have done it otherwise, but I agreed and worked as a mod for SOF Studios for 4 years. The last two as lead mod. I also tried to unite therealsocom.com guys with the team and get everyone on the same page. You could say that perhaps I did what I could... lol. Ultimately I stopped being a mod and left the team after the game went early access on Steam and everyone else on the team was playing the game. I didn't want to have to get a good gaming pc just to play the game. So, here we are.. what, 5 years later? I still haven't even played the game, but I have faith as always that it WILL eventually make it to PS4. I never gave up on the game and I would gladly take my position back on the console side of things... if and when that time ever comes.

H-Hour and DayZ are my most anticipated games. Man.... I really miss the middle men. All we have these days are HUGE AAA games and shitty low budget indies. The middle men are all but gone. I'm hoping next gen remedies that, because when the best shooter (imo) on the PS4 is H1Z1... that's a problem. Bring back SOCOM, Medal of Honor, and an actual GOOD Rainbow Six game. I mean, Siege was a good idea... but I can't stand that camp fest. Just remove the whole building walls thing and the inability to leave the compound while defending (maybe make it 3rd person too :P) and then we would be talking.

Oh wow, I guess I didn't tell you anything new then. :P I bought it sometime in 2016 I think, and it's come a long way since then. There's still some issues, but the look, feel and old-school SOCOM frustrations are all there. :) I don't think you'd need too crazy a PC to run it. My PC is 8 years old (GPU is 5 years old) and I run it just fine. 60 fps with few hitches. Still, I'd much rather play it on PS4, since I vastly prefer consoles. I believe PS4 development started in March, so I guess we're just kind of waiting to hear any news about the release.

I generally agree about the mid-budget games. I don't bother with many AAAs, although I have nothing against indies. There are some good ones. That's speaking more of single player games though, because I actually don't play many multiplayer games. I've played a bit of PUBG on PC... It's a decent idea, but I just end up either running towards the circle for 95% of the match, or waiting for other players to run towards it if I happen to be in it. SOCOM was one of the few multiplayer shooters that I could ever get into. Everything else just feels like a big pile of meh, at best. They're all so samey and not even very good in the first place. Exceptions were Warhawk and Metal Gear Online (MGS4). They were pretty good. SOCOM though, I could never get enough. I played them regularly right up until all of them were shut down. I even still play occasionally on Xlink. H-Hour is a pretty solid successor, I think. I hope they support it for a long time.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Nah. Cows shit on it for the last year so why would they like it now? Anybody buying a console to play PUBG has done so by now lol

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

How is PUBG going to PS4 a loss for Xbox? It was on PC a long time before it ever went to any console. It's as much a multi-plat as anything else.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#68 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69466 Posts
@cainetao11 said:

Nah. Cows shit on it for the last year so why would they like it now? Anybody buying a console to play PUBG has done so by now lol

Fortunately Sony fannies on this forum doesn't represent the average PS4 gamer who doesn't give a shit about most of the stuff discussed here, so they are the one that will buy.

Zeggelaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Zeggelaar
Member since 2017 • 181 Posts

How is it a loss for the X1X? We knew all along it was going to PS4. More games going to more people isn't bad, there seems to be a trend just to hate on something because it is the in thing. I quite enjoy Fortnite, saying that it is for kids is a silly argument, you know what has a age rating of lower than Fortnite... Zelda Breath of the Wild and I don't here people saying it is for kids. I could understand people not liking the graphics but it isn't a bad game because you don't like graphics. I'm sure there are people that don't like the graphics of Borderlands but wouldn't say it was a bad game.
I really don't like the graphics of Super Mario Brothers 2 but I think the game is really fun to play.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70  Edited By The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

It is not a blow to Xbox. This meme was from a year ago when Fanboys were hating on it.

It's still fun, and hope it gets a fair chance on PS4. There truly is just some funny Sh#t that happens in matches.