Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#101 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

I think what a lot of folks are failing to realize is that the PS5 is going to sell like 20M units this year so it's really more of a question of getting the install base (50M+) to buy into that $550 accessory rather than VR2 + PS5. That may sound like it's not going to work but, it only needs a low single digital attachment rate to at minimum match PS VR1.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#102 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69480 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:

I think what a lot of folks are failing to realize is that the PS5 is going to sell like 20M units this year so it's really more of a question of getting the install base (50M+) to buy into that $550 accessory rather than VR2 + PS5. That may sound like it's not going to work but, it only needs a low single digital attachment rate to at minimum match PS VR1.

Keep in mind that the PSVR2 is $150 more, has a smaller install base than the PS4 when the PSVR launched and the economy was not what it is today.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45114 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Yep, Sony has already announced it has much more stock now and we’re already seeing sales go up. $550 for an optional accessory with that quality of tech is very reasonable.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Nonstop-Madness

@Pedro said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

Keep in mind that the PSVR2 is $150 more, has a smaller install base than the PS4 when the PSVR launched and the economy was not what it is today.

PSVR2 is actually only $50 more than what the PSVR1 bundle was at launch.

While your other points are true, the PS5 is more expensive than the PS4 and it's on track to sell as well, if not better, than the PS4 at this point in its lifecycle (year 3) which is wild because the PS4 Slim releases at the end of year 3 at $299. I guess my point is: people have already been paying a premium for the PS5 in this economy.

There's also just the fact that the market is far more mature than it was 6-7 years ago; VR was significantly less mainstream back in 2016.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#105 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@Pedro: Didn't PSVR1 + moves + camera cost about the same price? 🤔 Also PSVR1 was always an outdated entry while PSVR2 is technically as good as stuff that costs twice its price.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Pedro
@Nonstop-Madness said:

PSVR2 is actually only $50 more than what the PSVR1 bundle was at launch.

While your other points are true, the PS5 is more expensive than the PS4 and it's on track to sell as well, if not better, than the PS4 at this point in its lifecycle (year 3) which is wild because the PS4 Slim releases at the end of year 3 at $299. I guess my point is: people have already been paying a premium for the PS5 in this economy.

There's also just the fact that the market is far more mature than it was 6-7 years ago; VR was significantly less mainstream back in 2016.

I wasn't talking about the bundle but if that makes you feel better. 🤷🏽‍♂️

The PS5 can be had for the same price as the PS4 ($400). Not that it relates to the point that I was making. In the lifecycle of the PSVR, it sold ~5 million. That is during the time when the VR hype was at its highest, PS4 install base was larger, the price was cheaper and the economy wasn't in the state that it is today.

Not sure where you are getting the information that VR was significantly less mainstream (as if it is mainstream now 😐) in 2016 than it is today. Please feel free to provide data showing this.

Edit: Data validating 2016 claims VR popularity was less then than now if we use the app store as reference but at the same time show trending downward (only one year downward) using the quest as the benchmark.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By PAL360

@SolidGame_basic: You are being nice lol PSVR2 price is not reasonable, it's actually ridiculously cheap! I totaly understand those who are on the fence, but still half the price of its direct competitors.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Pedro

@PAL360 said:

@SolidGame_basic: ...it's actually ridiculously cheap! Lots of money sure,...

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By PAL360

@Pedro: Haha you know exactly what i meant XD

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#110  Edited By GhostOfGolden  Online
Member since 2023 • 2457 Posts

So we are changing the discussion from “Give it a chance,” to ”PSVR2 is unlikely to have the same success due to the smaller PS5 install base.” Just silly…

PSVR1 was not a good VR headset. The only thing it really had going for it was comfort. The PS4 was too weak. The move camera and controllers were AWFUL at tracking, and the many cords and breakout box made it as much of an annoyance to use and setup as all the 1.0 PC VR headsets. PSVR2 is a SERIOUS upgrade, and challenges the best PC headsets. And at a fraction of the price. The only real drag is the launch lineup.

PSVR2 could help push PS5 hardware. Not the other way around like last gen. And sure, the economy is going through a rough patch. But there’s plenty of folks that can afford the cost of entry. Especially with the headset coming out at tax time. Many folks are out there with some cash burning a hole in their pocket this time of year.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 SolidGame_basic  Online

More than 30 games are scheduled to launch for PS VR2 in the launch window, from February 22 to late March 2023, including:

After the Fall

Altair Breaker

Before Your Eyes

Cities VR: Enhanced Edition

Cosmonious High

CREED: Rise to Glory

The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR

Demeo

DYSCHRONIA Chronos Alternate

Fantavision 202X

Gran Turismo 7

Horizon Call of the Mountain

Jurassic World: Aftermath Collection

Kayak VR Mirage

Kizuna AI - Touch the Beat!

The Last Clockwinder

The Light Brigade

Moss Book 1 & 2

NFL Pro Era

No Man's Sky VR

Pistol Whip VR

Puzzling Places

Resident Evil Village

Rez Infinite

Song in the Smoke

Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge

Synth Riders

Tentacular

Tetris Effect Connected

The Light Brigade

Thumper

The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners Retribution

What the Bat?

Zenith: The Last City

launch game list. Just picked up No Man’s Sky

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts
PSVR2 Prototype Testing at Sony
PSVR2 Prototype Testing at Sony
st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1454 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet: That's literally what was going on in the Hololens development office at MS, haha.

https://www.thegamer.com/microsofts-kinect-alex-kipman-leaves-sexual-misconduct-allegations/
https://www.thegamer.com/microsofts-kinect-alex-kipman-leaves-sexual-misconduct-allegations/
Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

AKA - MS was too incompetent to come up with its own promised VR solution and I’m butthurt.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Nonstop-Madness

@Pedro: Comparing PSVR2 to the PSVR1 bundle is the most appropriate comparison. Heck, the PSVR headset didn't come with the REQUIRED camera (or controllers for some games) and yet you seem OK neglecting that fact? Again, PSVR2 only cost $50 more than the comparable PSVR1 configuration.

Lastly, I'll simply leave you with this: The Oculus Rift CV1 and HTC Vive, which are the headsets that essentially kicked off this new generation of VR, did not release until 2016. You seriously believe the industry was more (/ closer to) mainstream back then?

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Randy_Lahey

Pedro spinning like a top because now Xbox will get murdered by VR games - PS5 side dishes lmao.

bringing up his charts and graphs lol. Well ahkchually… you see here in 2016…. Lmao. Dude give it a rest already. PS gamers get to feast while you keep waiting for AA 8 hour play thru scraps! And once this deal fails you will tuck your tail between your legs and take another hiatus!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Pedro

@Nonstop-Madness said:

@Pedro: Comparing PSVR2 to the PSVR1 bundle is the most appropriate comparison. Heck, the PSVR headset didn't come with the REQUIRED camera (or controllers for some games) and yet you seem OK neglecting that fact? Again, PSVR2 only cost $50 more than the comparable PSVR1 configuration.

Lastly, I'll simply leave you with this: The Oculus Rift CV1 and HTC Vive, which are the headsets that essentially kicked off this new generation of VR, did not release until 2016. You seriously believe the industry was more (/ closer to) mainstream back then?

Seems like you didn't read the last portion of my comment.🤷🏽‍♂️

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Pedro

@randy_lahey said:

AKA - MS was too incompetent to come up with its own promised VR solution and I’m butthurt.

@randy_lahey said:

Pedro spinning like a top because now Xbox will get murdered by VR games - PS5 side dishes lmao.

bringing up his charts and grafts lol. Well ahkchually… you see here in 2016…. Lmao. Dude give it a rest already. PS gamers get to feast while you keep waiting for AA 8 hour play thru scraps! And once this deal fails you will tuck your tail between your legs and take another hiatus!

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 SolidGame_basic  Online

@randy_lahey said:

bringing up his charts and grafts lol. Well ahkchually… you see here in 2016…. Lmao. Dude give it a rest already. PS gamers get to feast while you keep waiting for AA 8 hour play thru scraps! And once this deal fails you will tuck your tail between your legs and take another hiatus!

It’s going to be a rough week for Lemdro. First, he finally admitted that he doesn’t actually own a PS5. Now he’s bitter that he doesn’t have one to play PSVR 2!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

It’s going to be a rough week for Lemdro. First, he finally admitted that he doesn’t actually own a PS5. Now he’s bitter that he doesn’t have one to play PSVR 2!

OK, ok, I will acknowledge you since you are clearly begging for my attention. It is good to see that you are back to cosigning, it fits you. Now, find the comment in which I admitted that I don't own a PS5 despite the fact that my setup is viewable in my images. I look forward to your dodge. 😂

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 SolidGame_basic  Online

@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

OK, ok, I will acknowledge you since you are clearly begging for my attention. It is good to see that you are back to cosigning, it fits you. Now, find the comment in which I admitted that I don't own a PS5 despite the fact that my setup is viewable in my images. I look forward to your dodge. 😂

You seem to be having short term memory loss, Lemdro 🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Pedro
@SolidGame_basic said:
@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

You seem to be having short term memory loss, Lemdro 🤣

You just made yourself look like an idiot....AGAIN.😂
You just made yourself look like an idiot....AGAIN.😂
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 SolidGame_basic  Online

^ denial, one of the stages of grief 😎

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

^ denial, one of the stages of grief 😎

"$550 for a device that only works on PS5" = " I don't own a PS5"

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 SolidGame_basic  Online

^ now he’s having a meltdown 😆

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

Yep! I am having a meltdown over your "gotcha moment". Stick to cosigning.😂

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 SolidGame_basic  Online
@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Yep! I am having a meltdown over your "gotcha moment". Stick to cosigning.😂

Glad you admit it. Just like you admitted not having a PS5. Don’t worry, if it comes to PC you’ll know 😆

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:
@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Yep! I am having a meltdown over your "gotcha moment".

Glad you admit it. Just like you admitted not having a PS5. Don’t worry, if it comes to PC you’ll know 😆

Failed the first time and now you trying again and still failing.😂Stick to cosigning.😂

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#129 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44177 Posts

@Pedro: Damn dude. You got these poor fools spinning in circles. 😂

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 SolidGame_basic  Online

Archie coming in to cheer up Pedro 🤣

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 HalcyonScarlet

@st_monica said:

@HalcyonScarlet: That's literally what was going on in the Hololens development office at MS, haha.

Stones in glass houses and all that... Knock knock, whose there?

No Caption Provided

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Archangel3371

@SolidGame_basic: Really doubt that he needs me to do that with the clown show you guys put on for him. 🤣🤣🤣

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Randy_Lahey

Ugh oh someone saw the bat signal!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Archangel3371

@randy_lahey: Feel free to share your fan fiction, I won’t judge. 😅

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 HalcyonScarlet

@randy_lahey said:

You and I remember Batman very differently. XD

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Pedro
@randy_lahey said:

And the first thing that comes to mind when there is a bat signal is this? Ok.😏

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Pedro
@SolidGame_basic said:

More like he is kicking you while you are down.😂

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Randy_Lahey

@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Only people getting kicked while they’re down are lemmings like you who don’t like video games and enjoy being punished by MS.

the rest of us can enjoy PS5 and PSVR games. Imagine pretending to be a gamer and hating these options? Only a salty ass lem who’s been online for 20 years (lol) defending a trillion Dollar corporation who repeatedly “kicks you while you’re down” would rush to their defence with 62k posts. What a 🤡

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Pedro

@randy_lahey said:
@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Only people getting kicked while they’re down are lemmings like you who don’t like video games and enjoy being punished by MS.

the rest of us can enjoy PS5 and PSVR games. Imagine pretending to be a gamer and hating these options? Only a salty ass lem who’s been online for 20 years (lol) defending a trillion Dollar corporation who repeatedly “kicks you while you’re down” would rush to their defence with 62k posts. What a 🤡

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Randy_Lahey

@Pedro:

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Pedro

@randy_lahey said:
Pedro makes me feel this way.
Pedro makes me feel this way.

Must be rough.🤣

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 SolidGame_basic  Online

Wowza! Last time I checked, you can’t play Forza Horizon 5 in VR!

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 SolidGame_basic  Online

Even Ozzy Osborne likes PSVR 2! … not really sure how I feel about that 😜

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 SolidGame_basic  Online

Oh snap!

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#145 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15925 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Polyphony is the best at material detail and lighting nobody else comes close. Its no wonder GT7 translates well into VR.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 SolidGame_basic  Online

@sakaixx said:

@SolidGame_basic: Polyphony is the best at material detail and lighting nobody else comes close. Its no wonder GT7 translates well into VR.

Sweet. I’m no car aficiando, but I’ll post my impressions tomorrow. Are you getting it too?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Stop bumping your own threads nobody else cares about. lol :P

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 SolidGame_basic  Online

@SecretPolice said:

This is one of the great gaming launches of all time, we need to celebrate 😉

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@SecretPolice said:

This is one of the great gaming launches of all time, we need to celebrate 😉

bump it man. tomorrow is going to fun as hell. wish xbox fans got something to look forward to. maybe in nov.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@gifford38:

Go for it, only cost 6 bills, gonna be a blast, knock yourself out man.

lolol :P