Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Music to my ears. An actual reason to buy the box. Not just an upgrade to cater to a Steam-lite subscription service.

Its still an upgrade. An upgrade that you are forced to take despite the fact the same game can run on your existing hardware. :)

Has this always been a problem to you?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#52 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Can't wait for a new Knack!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e20304971dd5
deactivated-5e20304971dd5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53 deactivated-5e20304971dd5
Member since 2020 • 67 Posts

@tormentos said:

There is something to in that bold part that people are not really seeing,you may think MS is giving more time for xbox one and X models,in reality they were probably catch pants down and without nothing.

Well we don't really know this, right. We'll have to wait for E3 to know with how many games Microsoft will launch, and compare that to Sony to see if they really don't have a decent lineup.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@xfighter said:
@tormentos said:

There is something to in that bold part that people are not really seeing,you may think MS is giving more time for xbox one and X models,in reality they were probably catch pants down and without nothing.

Well we don't really know this, right. We'll have to wait for E3 to know with how many games Microsoft will launch, and compare that to Sony to see if they really don't have a decent lineup.

That's the problem they had nothing in past years,which is reflecting now,i am sure games will be there,but will be the ones we know already Halo,Forza and the call of dutys and other stuff that always is on all platforms, i don't expect anything from new team for probably 2 years.

@Epak_ said:
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Music to my ears. An actual reason to buy the box. Not just an upgrade to cater to a Steam-lite subscription service.

Its still an upgrade. An upgrade that you are forced to take despite the fact the same game can run on your existing hardware. :)

No just now that MS has nothing platform specific and is having only cross gen and ports games on xbox series X.

@phbz said:

Can't wait for a new Knack!

Or a New Ryse 2 years from now..

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

I guess this is good news for PS console warrior fanbois.

Exclusivity is typically a bad thing for others.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@xfighter: don’t be silly. MS hasn’t had a system seller in over 6 years

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Too bad none of them will be any good

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 tormentos
@sealionact said:

@tormentos: Lol....you make me laugh. Its like you haven't even heard about a thing called PC, which for generations has had the same game with better resolutions, frame rates and graphics for better hardware.

There might be genuine reasons to not get an xsx down the road, but you lot are coming up with absolute comedy gold....

What make you think that i want consoles to be like the PC market in that regard? In fact it is what has PC hold back for generations,because developers make games to target as many hardware as possible,and when a new GPU comes with new features many times YEARS after that GPU came most games still not use all its features and just use power to brute force more frame and more pixels.

That is not how the console market worked,Ryse,Forza 5,Dead Rising 3 and several other were only on xbox one on 2013,PDZ,Kameo,PGR3 and several other were only on 360 on 2005,Halo,Dead or Alive 3 and several other were on xbox on 2001.

There is always content specific,MS does the job of the message even worse,because while you lemmings try to make an argument for cross gen games,they show a damn Hellblade 2 trailer that kick the ass of every damn cross gen game out there,but you want to convice me that we should wait for years to get something platform specific..lol

Now we know why MS was adquiring more teams they had nothing and they were late period,and like always let to the lemming to justify MS crap.

Like Kinect been force then killed in record time,DRM,no used games always online that they wanted to bring and that lemmings also defended.

Just because you think something is good doesn't mean it is,specially if you think it is NOW since i dint' see you complain about MS having platform specific games when the xbox one launched.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5984 Posts

@tormentos said:
@xfighter said:
@tormentos said:

PS5= play New,old and cross gen.

Xbox series X = Play old games and cross gen.

No matter how you see it the first option is better than the last.

Hell i remember how many here were celebrating MS new studios and it was say that those games would take time,i can comprehend that,but other studios having nothing is a joke.

Why do you say play old games? You wanna bet that Halo Infinite will be the best looking game at launch? Better than anything on PS5.

Game development is top-down, you know that right? So in case of Halo, it will be developed for XSX, and a dumb-downed version will be created for the Xbox One.

I say old games because the series X has BC.

That is a big assumption on your part specially knowing that Halo hasn't been a graphics marvel of a game this gen or last.

That is what you think,but in reality the weaker system is the anker and the stronger system get a frame and pixel injected version with some other improvements.

Building the game from ground up on Series X would render it useless on Xbox one S period.

@sealionact said:

@tdkmillsy: "If PC can play games across generations of hardware and still excel in graphics, what cant Xbox?"

Because Cows.

Is not the same rising resolution and frames,and building a game to take advantage of what a specific hardware can do.

Your assuming the developers have access, ability and budget to take advantage of specific hardware. PC developers have been doing it for years. Even console developers have had to do it more this gen with Pro and X versions of games.

There may and I mean may be the odd exclusive that has gone out of its way to get down to the tin to do more than the norm. But overall its not big deal.

The bigger impact on the consumers will be the fact they don't have to rush out to buy and Xbox to play the latest games. But it also might alienate people by forcing them to spend more to play the latest playstation games. Especially if the price is beyond what people can afford.

Time will tell.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e20304971dd5
deactivated-5e20304971dd5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-5e20304971dd5
Member since 2020 • 67 Posts

@tormentos said:

That's the problem Microsoft had nothing in past years,which is reflecting now,i am sure games will be there,but will be the ones we know already Halo,Forza and the call of dutys and other stuff that always is on all platforms, i don't expect anything from new team for probably 2 years.

So? Let's say that Halo and Forza are really amazing games, both +90 MC games. What's the problem with the fact that it's part of a series? Were you not happy with the latest God of War instalment maybe? Sure, if the games suck, then they suck, and you can say that the trackrecord of Microsoft past few years wasn't great, but if all of that isn't the case. Then I don't really see any issue with all of this.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Well exclusives are a good thing for the company that wants to make money. But a horrible thing for customers. I applaud MS bringing their games to PC. Meanwhile Sony locks their games behind weak consoles. But hey, I'll fall for it. If the exclusives are good enough, I'll shell out some money to get the Ps5 while I'll never get the XSX.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5984 Posts

@ArchoNils2 said:

Well exclusives are a good thing for the company that wants to make money. But a horrible thing for customers. I applaud MS bringing their games to PC. Meanwhile Sony locks their games behind weak consoles. But hey, I'll fall for it. If the exclusives are good enough, I'll shell out some money to get the Ps5 while I'll never get the XSX.

What if the exclusives (to Microsoft) are good enough to want?

Play them on PC or buy and XSX?

Either way Microsoft will be happy.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

But will they be worthy of a gamble for an early adoption? That remains to be seen.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:
@ArchoNils2 said:

What if the exclusives (to Microsoft) are good enough to want?

Play them on PC or buy and XSX?

Either way Microsoft will be happy.

I'm not sure what you wanted to tell me excatly. I do play MS games on my PC. The Game Pass for PC is a fantastic deal and makes PSN+ look like utter crap.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I think MS plans not have any exclusives for the new Xb is a dumb mistake.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

Xbox Series X being cross Gen is bad? I dont see how.

I own a launch Xbox and also the Xbox One X. The newer console I keep at my house and the other at my girlfriends house. When the Series X comes out it'll be an upgrade for both locations and I wont miss a beat when Im spending that "quality time". Great for me.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#67 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69776 Posts

@tormentos said:

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

Sure you do which is why this is the first time i have see you complain about consoles FORCING you to buy a new platform for a game,you and other lemmings as well,because your lame excuses stick between each other.

All consoles have been locked all of them period,you see it as been lock we don't and that kind of practice is what has slow down PC for years,using more powerful hardware to just bruteforce higher pixel and frames, instead of using new features and building new games that actually take advantage of the newly release platfom.

In fact is what has separate consoles for generations now,you get a console you know it will be use and pushed to the limits,you get a brand new GPU and you have to wait years for most developers to use everysingle new feature,how many games are still been made without ray tracing?

I am sure the majority still is.

So people payed top dollars for something that is been hardly use.

This reminded me of the lame excuse you lemmings coined in for downpaying Blu-ray claiming it wasn't need it,i who already had an HDTV before the PS3 launched were one of those who bought a damn HDTV that could barely take advantage of,so HD graphics was great for games but some how not for movies,people will make some shitty arguments to defend a damn product.

No.

PS5 = Play next gen only,old games and cross gen

Xseries X = Play cross gen and old games period.

There is no real next gen games been release on launch for xbox,just cross gen and your usual milked port.

No matter how you see it there is no need for a series X console if it will not have next gen games just cross gen,there is no incentive to buy it,and the series X will suffer sales wise for it,if you can play Halo infinte on xbox one there is no incentive to buy it,i would certainly not buy a PS5 to play games i can get on PS4,if my only north was better frames and resolution i would own a damn 2080ti since it came out.

You like being wrong don't you?

"All consoles have been locked all of them period." Factually false. The PS4 Pro and Xbox One X are not locked and don't have exclusives. The Switch system seller was BOTW which was also available on the WiiU. So, you may need to revise you understanding of history again.

Here is a fact that is beyond your understanding. You don't need a game to be exclusive to fully take advantage of any of the next gen consoles. Anyone who makes that claim is simply ignorant. Not, like there is a shortage on this forum. Next gen consoles are just faster versions of the same core architecture. There is no new API or specialized hardware. Its the same chip manufacturer that both systems are using that is the same version of what can or will be found in PC. This why PS4 Pro and One X did not have exclusives because there was no reason to have exclusives.

PS5 = Play uprez games that are locked,old games and cross gen

Xseries X = Play uprez games, cross gen and old games.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11139 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

Yeah, it's terrible. If Sony did this, they'd be getting dragged. But people can't wait to bend over backwards to excuse MS for it. It's laughable. That cult mentality is the reason why Xbox can't get ahead because people keep mollycoddling everything they do instead of speaking up against the BS.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Pedro  Online

@Epak_ said:

Nope, it became a "problem" when consoles decided to be repackage PCs.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@Pedro said:
@tormentos said:

Sure you do which is why this is the first time i have see you complain about consoles FORCING you to buy a new platform for a game,you and other lemmings as well,because your lame excuses stick between each other.

All consoles have been locked all of them period,you see it as been lock we don't and that kind of practice is what has slow down PC for years,using more powerful hardware to just bruteforce higher pixel and frames, instead of using new features and building new games that actually take advantage of the newly release platfom.

In fact is what has separate consoles for generations now,you get a console you know it will be use and pushed to the limits,you get a brand new GPU and you have to wait years for most developers to use everysingle new feature,how many games are still been made without ray tracing?

This reminded me of the lame excuse you lemmings coined in for downpaying Blu-ray claiming it wasn't need it,i who already had an HDTV before the PS3 launched were one of those who bought a damn HDTV that could barely take advantage of,so HD graphics was great for games but some how not for movies,people will make some shitty arguments to defend a damn product.

No.

There is no real next gen games been release on launch for xbox,just cross gen and your usual milked port.

No matter how you see it there is no need for a series X console if it will not have next gen games just cross gen,there is no incentive to buy it,and the series X will suffer sales wise for it,if you can play Halo infinte on xbox one there is no incentive to buy it,i would certainly not buy a PS5 to play games i can get on PS4,if my only north was better frames and resolution i would own a damn 2080ti since it came out.

"All consoles have been locked all of them period." Factually false. The PS4 Pro and Xbox One X are not locked and don't have exclusives. The Switch system seller was BOTW which was also available on the WiiU. So, you may need to revise you understanding of history again.

Here is a fact that is beyond your understanding. You don't need a game to be exclusive to fully take advantage of any of the next gen consoles. Anyone who makes that claim is simply ignorant. Not, like there is a shortage on this forum. Next gen consoles are just faster versions of the same core architecture. There is no new API or specialized hardware. Its the same chip manufacturer that both systems are using that is the same version of what can or will be found in PC. This why PS4 Pro and One X did not have exclusives because there was no reason to have exclusives.

Not here to defend el tomento but come on Pedro. The prospect of nothing but a resolution bumb is disappointing. Ill be upset if the potential of the newer consoles is not more then just rez bumb. It should at least be more than that and ironically actually the biggest leap is on cpu. Also yes there is a potential of loading mechanic designs like senless climbing and corridor walking to go away. The potential is there If its not then that is disappointing. To put it in simple terms. I want most most graphics i don't meant just pretty i mean more shit on those open world games while looking great. I want ubisoft to go back to that type of Ass Creed game they were going for before abandoning when the consoles could not handle it. Gameplay to really use whats on screen while looking the best. Destiny on pc makes you go wtf is this why at least the X could not play this at 60 fps. If that becomes a standard people will start noticing. GTS sport that VR mode I want more then two cars. I want more cars on track online because the point systems is how to navigate potential chaos. That can be done right now on pc but its not. There alot of things that could not be done because of limitations particularly on cpu department for those games. I want to see them otherwise what the point. Heck i want to see a game that just because of physics and ai alone it has to run sub 30 fps on the newer consoles there fore it can not run on old consoles anymore. Come on want to see PUBG actually running lol. More graphics to the BR games because they can run now. Maybe finally Frostbite will stop being blamed because consoles kinda struggle with it. Respawn can use FrostBite to make a game just for the new consoles and pc. Well shall i say Star Citizen lets go lol.

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

Last time it was Killzone: Shadowfall, Knack and Infamous second son. I never played any of those ganes as I got in when the pro was released. But from what I understand they weren’t exactly great...

Let’s see if Sony can do better this time.

I played that Killzone for an hour, put it back in the case and "gave it" too my friend for free, it was blah to me. As far as launch exclusives go, Zelda BOTW is how you do it, give me a reason to buy your console and not just an exclusive for the sake of an exclusive. Halo Infinite has me intrigued since I haven't played one in a while.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 tormentos

@Pedro:

No I am not the Xbox one X and Pro are not NEW GEN CONSOLES,they are upgrade ones just like Nintendo did with the 3Ds using a stronger CPU and more memory,but the machines are the same under the same parameters.

And they by no means are consider new gen.

BOTH been the best seller mean shit, neither Sony not MS has best selling games when 3rd party multiplatform games are on the consoles,but again the switch still have unique games.

A games make for the series X or PS5 will run like shit on this gen consoles,at least PS4 and Xbox one S,and is not GPU alone,this consoles have features that last gen consoles lack.

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

@Jendeh said:

Weird how some people find it offensive that a game maker wants to give people incentive to buy their console. I never expected to buy a Switch, but the games became too enticing, and so I bought one. Sony has given me great gaming experiences and has earned enough of my trust that I'll be an early adopter of the PS5. They've already said in the past that they want to have more people jump into the next generation and personally, I've liked what I've heard so far.

If someone wants to sit on their PS4 for a year or so, well that's not a bad thing either. Eventually, if they do wait at least a year, these exclusives will be cheaper and likely bundled with the console. Generally, if people are willing to wait for the console they don't mind waiting for the games either.

Another advantage of waiting is that you may wait long enough for the price drop or simply to avoid dealing with scalpers because they moved on.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 tormentos

@Pedro:

So basically this gen how convenient..

You know that nothing stopped Sony or Ms from doing that even when their hardware wasn't as PC based?

Dude we know your issue 😂 with this.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

This is good news for those like me that'll be getting the ps5 at launch. Some say its anti consumer. But I dont want to buy just a faster ps4... i did that with the Pro and wont do it again; wasn't worth it. Hoping for some unique experiences that are only possible through optimization, especially using that ssd drive as standard.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

As far as from a business perspective, this should really push PS5 sales. 100+ million ps4 owners will need to upgrade to get the latest exclusive. This wont be a problem for the vast majority of base ps4 owners, since the hardware is dated and all their digital library will transfer to the ps5. I almost feel bad for MS xbox sales but I know they aren't concerned about selling consoles anymore. They are a software company trying to sell subscriptions. Console wars are dead.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

@Pedro said:
@tormentos said:

No.

Exactly. Close thread.

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@daredevils2k said:

Yeah, it's terrible. If Sony did this, they'd be getting dragged. But people can't wait to bend over backwards to excuse MS for it. It's laughable. That cult mentality is the reason why Xbox can't get ahead because people keep mollycoddling everything they do instead of speaking up against the BS.

Do you actually believe the sh*t that comes out of your mouth? Wow.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Pedro  Online

@tormentos said:

@Pedro:

So basically this gen how convenient..

You know that nothing stopped Sony or Ms from doing that even when their hardware wasn't as PC based?

Dude we know your issue 😂 with this.

That is also false. Differences in generational hardware was the major road block. Unlike the past, the difference in hardware does not equate to developing for multiple platforms. Its the same platform with varying power because its the same hardware with varying performance. That luxury was not afforded until consoles moved to generic PC hardware.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Pedro  Online
@tormentos said:

@Pedro:

No I am not the Xbox one X and Pro are not NEW GEN CONSOLES,they are upgrade ones just like Nintendo did with the 3Ds using a stronger CPU and more memory,but the machines are the same under the same parameters.

And they by no means are consider new gen.

BOTH been the best seller mean shit, neither Sony not MS has best selling games when 3rd party multiplatform games are on the consoles,but again the switch still have unique games.

A games make for the series X or PS5 will run like shit on this gen consoles,at least PS4 and Xbox one S,and is not GPU alone,this consoles have features that last gen consoles lack.

The PS5 and Series X are just upgraded consoles. They are a smaller jump from the PS4 to the Pro than the Pro to the PS5. The same applies for the Xbox. The biggest jump would be CPU and that's it. Next gen is literally just an upgrade in the purest sense like a PC gamer purchasing a new GPU and CPU.

If you think that next gen is more than a upgrade then you are sorrily mistaken. PS: Nothing I am stating now is new or have changed because I have be repeating this mantra prior to the announcement of these consoles rumored specs.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By BenjaminBanklin

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Exactly. Close thread.

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Hell yeah I do, because if it went down your ass would be the main one leading the charge. And you if you say you wouldn't I'd personally make you the plaque declaring you earth's biggest liar.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Pedro  Online
@ellos said:

Not here to defend el tomento but come on Pedro. The prospect of nothing but a resolution bumb is disappointing. Ill be upset if the potential of the newer consoles is not more then just rez bumb. It should at least be more than that and ironically actually the biggest leap is on cpu. Also yes there is a potential of loading mechanic designs like senless climbing and corridor walking to go away. The potential is there If its not then that is disappointing. To put it in simple terms. I want most most graphics i don't meant just pretty i mean more shit on those open world games while looking great. I want ubisoft to go back to that type of Ass Creed game they were going for before abandoning when the consoles could not handle it. Gameplay to really use whats on screen while looking the best. Destiny on pc makes you go wtf is this why at least the X could not play this at 60 fps. If that becomes a standard people will start noticing. GTS sport that VR mode I want more then two cars. I want more cars on track online because the point systems is how to navigate potential chaos. That can be done right now on pc but its not. There alot of things that could not be done because of limitations particularly on cpu department for those games. I want to see them otherwise what the point. Heck i want to see a game that just because of physics and ai alone it has to run sub 30 fps on the newer consoles there fore it can not run on old consoles anymore. Come on want to see PUBG actually running lol. More graphics to the BR games because they can run now. Maybe finally Frostbite will stop being blamed because consoles kinda struggle with it. Respawn can use FrostBite to make a game just for the new consoles and pc. Well shall i say Star Citizen lets go lol.

How can praise the differences PC gaming offers because of stronger hardware to the same game but believe that allowing a game to run on weaker systems is limiting? You are contracting yourself.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Pedro  Online

@hrt_rulz01 said:

He has been emotionally compromise for this entire gen. There no hope for him. He will go into hiding when reality kicks him in the face again. :)

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 BenjaminBanklin

@bluestars said:

The new Xbox still got fannyboys foaming at the gash I see HAH

Priceless

MS took away any reason to be hyped over it. Another upgrade box in just three years. Sad.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

Killzone Shadowfall was a slimy turd of a game. Launch games will be like that. Wait for a few years and you'll get a slim system that runs cooler and looks better as well.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7255 Posts

I don't think Sony has really had any top quality exclusives at launch. They will during the 1st year they already stated most 1st party are already moving on.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

As expected!!!

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By ellos

@Pedro said:
@ellos said:

How can praise the differences PC gaming offers because of stronger hardware to the same game but believe that allowing a game to run on weaker systems is limiting? You are contracting yourself.

If I understood correctly you were saying the limitations would only be resolution. I felt that your perhaps selling those hardware short. That if your correct then its disappointing. I was pointing out all sorts of limitions that I wish and hope will be addressed improved then just resolution. I'm not saying games should not be allowed to run on weaker hardware. However I would like to see games that at least take advantage of newer consoles. I would like to standard of these so called powerful hardware be pushed. Then see if old hardware can be supported or not.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#88 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

Hopefully the games will be decent instead of the shiny mediocre launch games we saw from PS4 like Killzone.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#89 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58393 Posts

Boooooo.

Exclusives are lame. They serve no purpose other than to force people to buy a certain console.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Pedro  Online

@ellos said:

If I understood correctly you were saying the limitations would only be resolution. I felt that your perhaps selling those hardware short. That if your correct then its disappointing. I was pointing out all sorts of limitions that I wish and hope will be addressed improved then just resolution. I'm not saying games should not be allowed to run on weaker hardware. However I would like to see games that atleast take advantage of newer consoles. Then see if old hardware can be supported or not.

Then I don't think we are on the same page. Let my clarify my stance. Games can and will take advantage of stronger systems. A game supporting weaker systems doesn't exclude it from taking full advantage or additional power of next gen systems. Next gen systems are using the same "architecture" that is found in current consoles but faster. So, the old thinking of developers have to take time to understand the hardware is long gone with the introduction of the PS4 and Xbox One.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Boooooo.

Exclusives are lame. They serve no purpose other than to force people to buy a certain console.

First off YOU chose PC no one forced YOU, and secondly exclusives serve no purpose??? I mean sure YOU spend hundreds of millions of dollars making consoles and then put all you games on PC so people don't have to buy something YOU just spent hundreds of millions of dollars making, makes total sense. YOU do that and see if YOU still feel that way.

You hermits are no master race, as all you do is beg like a dog. Somewhere along the line you guys got confused as you have masters but are not masters lol.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#93 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

M$ made the next gen choice really easy now. You go with the console that has gen specific exclusives, the PS5.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 mrbojangles25

@i_p_daily said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Boooooo.

First off YOU chose PC no one forced YOU, and secondly exclusives serve no purpose??? I mean sure YOU spend hundreds of millions of dollars making consoles and then put all you games on PC so people don't have to buy something YOU just spent hundreds of millions of dollars making, makes total sense. YOU do that and see if YOU still feel that way.

You hermits are no master race, as all you do is beg like a dog. Somewhere along the line you guys got confused as you have masters but are not masters lol.

Let me rephrase that: it serves no purpose for the consumer. And unless you work for a manufacturer of consoles, I really don't see why you are defending them so hard.

As for PC gamers begging, I wasn't begging in the above, just commenting on how lame it is. Got too many games on PC to worry about exclusives. Plus I've tried them on the PS4; if Spider-Man, H:ZD, and God of War are the best they have to offer as far as exclusives go, they can keep them.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By tormentos

@Pedro said:

That is also false. Differences in generational hardware was the major road block. Unlike the past, the difference in hardware does not equate to developing for multiple platforms. Its the same platform with varying power because its the same hardware with varying performance. That luxury was not afforded until consoles moved to generic PC hardware.

The difference between the 360 and wii was a full generation yet COD MW2 got powert to wii,again it looked like shit and horrible gameplay but it was ported the xbox was more or less as powerful as a wii and we know it,in fact on the wii version of the review one of the reviwers point at how the game look like a PS2 game.

So basically they could have but the experience which is what they wanted to deliver would had been shitty.

@Pedro said:

The PS5 and Series X are just upgraded consoles. They are a smaller jump from the PS4 to the Pro than the Pro to the PS5. The same applies for the Xbox. The biggest jump would be CPU and that's it. Next gen is literally just an upgrade in the purest sense like a PC gamer purchasing a new GPU and CPU.

If you think that next gen is more than a upgrade then you are sorrily mistaken. PS: Nothing I am stating now is new or have changed because I have be repeating this mantra prior to the announcement of these consoles rumored specs.

The PS4 was an upgraded console that is what almost all of the are relatively speaking.

The PS3 console had a PPC CPU a PC GPU HDD and ram,the 360 PPC CPU PC GPU unified memory and hdd,again the only variable is the CPU been PPC based,but PPC is a PC is just not X86.

The PS5 GPU is probably 3 that of the Pro and that is without probably taking into account efficiency in Navi,CPU talking is even further away,SSD and ram are also upgraded and a step ahead.

Fact is the xbox and PS4 should be allow to die period,sure this will be its last years, like it always happen,but new consoles should get games tailore to them,it has always been like that.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11620 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Boooooo.

MS does all that and they put all their games on PC, thank you based MS.

Imagine a one platform chump hating on a platform that gets ALL the games his platform of choice puts out. LMAO!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By mrbojangles25

@fedor said:
@i_p_daily said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Boooooo.

MS does all that and they put all their games on PC, thank you based MS.

Imagine a one platform chump hating on a platform that gets ALL the games his platform of choice puts out. LMAO!

Again, you don't make any arguments in favor of the customer (yourself).

As I've said, exclusives are a console manufacturer-only benefit, a tool to get people to a.) buy their console when they either don't need to or want to, and b.) get sycophants such as the two of you to view it as a positive and an arguing point.

Exclusives are anti-consumer. Period.

I still don't see any hermits begging btw. Laughable to be talking about masters when you are the ones defending yours blindly. You people are worse than Trump supporters voting against their own interest time after time after time after...

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By ellos

@Pedro said:
@ellos said:

If I understood correctly you were saying the limitations would only be resolution. I felt that your perhaps selling those hardware short. That if your correct then its disappointing. I was pointing out all sorts of limitions that I wish and hope will be addressed improved then just resolution. I'm not saying games should not be allowed to run on weaker hardware. However I would like to see games that atleast take advantage of newer consoles. Then see if old hardware can be supported or not.

Then I don't think we are on the same page. Let my clarify my stance. Games can and will take advantage of stronger systems. A game supporting weaker systems doesn't exclude it from taking full advantage or additional power of next gen systems. Next gen systems are using the same "architecture" that is found in current consoles but faster. So, the old thinking of developers have to take time to understand the hardware is long gone with the introduction of the PS4 and Xbox One.

I think we are nearly there. I understand what your saying now and I agree. No issues with that as long as the difference is not just a res bump. Again this is what I thought you were saying in the post. Its nothing more then a rez bump. I'm being sincere when the new consoles were first talked about things like finally a cpu leap came to mind. The data transfer rate is also great. That potential alone is different from the mid gen upgrades (mostly res bumps). I hope that potential is taken advantaged in more ways then resolution or a certain standard set by older consoles. I used destiny pc v console as an example not to say it should not be made for consoles. You can play that game on pc at 60fps with a gpu that is around the X. Same architecture hell more or else same ms api even. On consoles either because of a weak cpu or the X was made to follow the standard of the S it is at 30fps. This kind of limitations are fine as long as the newer consoles are allowed to be at a higher fps standard.

What I hope though is one can make a specific visual style of game that is large and as physics intense as they want it to be without worrying what shape and form is going to run on older hardware. Not saying this is how gaming should always be about technological push. I would like to see a lot of games still use what is best available on console tech and see what they can make outside of resolution. I said this with pc as well. That is why I mention star citizen folks simply saying aside from visuals, the kind of logic cannot be supported by current console hardware. If some studios want to say the same thing with the new consoles. They want to make a game that simply cannot be done in older console then by all means.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11620 Posts

@mrbojangles25: I was making fun of IPs flawed logic. I agree with your sentiment.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#100 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9822 Posts

@tormentos: Stick to the topic at hand instead of waffling on about Kinect, always on and drm etc just because as always you dont have an intelligent argument against what was said.