Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

“I’ve heard some of the PS5 launch titles”, Schreier said. “I won’t say them yet as I probably will want to some kind of report on that stuff for the future. But those will be on PS5 only.”

Source

That's one good reason to get it over the Series X already.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

PS5 is the obvious choice for gamers next gen. They promise new games that aren’t just up-rezed games from last gen like Xbox is doing.

It’s up to gamers and their wallets. Do they want to spend $600+ on a new Xbox to play up-rezed Xbox one s games for the next 3 years like halo infinite, gears 6 and forza x3

Or will gamers want a brand new PS5 that is getting NEW games right away that won’t be held back by PS4?

I’m getting a PS5 which is pushing the industry forward while Microsoft attempts to sell you up rezed gamepass box.

If gamers are smart, just keep your Xbox one s around and you can still play all of MS exclusives for a fraction of the price. Why spend $600 to play halo in check board board 4K? lol Halo infinite is built as an Xbox one s game anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

“I’ve heard some of the PS5 launch titles”, Schreier said. “I won’t say them yet as I probably will want to some kind of report on that stuff for the future. But those will be on PS5 only.”

Source

I hope you enjoy Knack 3 :)

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20095 Posts

This is going to make a huge difference.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43988 Posts

I really don’t care if they’re exclusive or not myself. The games will look and run better on the more powerful system and that’s good enough for me to want to upgrade to the next console.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

THIS IS HUGE Ps5 is about to run over the series x with exclusives

I still remember playing turtles in time on my snes and thinking how horrible TMNT 2 arcade game was compared to it

this is a huge mistake I don't think microsoft can come back from this

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26641 Posts

Next Playstation Home incoming.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22368 Posts

I can't find a bigger eyeroll gif to justify you cows... you really are a sad bunch.

Let's celebrate a company forcing us to have to buy an expensive piece of hardware to play games. Yay!

Wow.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

I really don’t care if they’re exclusive or not myself. The games will look and run better on the more powerful system and that’s good enough for me to want to upgrade to the next console.

And yet the X completely disproves this. Perhaps you should just build a rig.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43988 Posts

@Random_Matt said:
@Archangel3371 said:

And yet the X completely disproves this. Perhaps you should just build a rig.

No the X does not disprove that. I would have liked to have gotten one but just never got around to it. I’m not interested in PC gaming and prefer console gaming for a variety of reasons and preferences the main one being that I greatly prefer to get my games on physical formats. I have no interest in building a rig at this point in time.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11002 Posts

Music to my ears. An actual reason to buy the box. Not just an upgrade to cater to a Steam-lite subscription service.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55898 Posts

@i_p_daily: Feel free to inform me if there's going to be a new Knack game. I for one like the previous games.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Exclusives will always matter they are especially important on a consoles launch Microsoft have a long hard road in front of them.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#14 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69083 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Music to my ears. An actual reason to buy the box. Not just an upgrade to cater to a Steam-lite subscription service.

Its still an upgrade. An upgrade that you are forced to take despite the fact the same game can run on your existing hardware. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: Feel free to inform me if there's going to be a new Knack game. I for one like the previous games.

It doesn't surprise me that you like Knack but you wouldn't be able to play it if there was such a game as you said you're not buying a PS5 lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pedro

Why no PS5 @davillain-?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55898 Posts

@Pedro said:

Why no PS5 @davillain-?

Simply put, I still have much to do on PS4 and if there's anything I learned about buying launch consoles is to wait until it fully matures enough and have good amounts of exclusive on it. 3/4 years sounds reasonable enough and my PC/Nintendo Switch is more then enough for my gaming needs.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pedro

@davillain- said:

Simply put, I still have much to do on PS4 and if there's anything I learned about buying launch consoles is to wait until it fully matures enough and have good amounts of exclusive on it. 3/4 years sounds reasonable enough and my PC/Nintendo Switch is more then enough for my gaming needs.

I get you. Depending on how Sony implements BC, it can improve you PS4 gaming experience. :)

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Will any of it be good tho?

spoiler warning, it won't.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Pedro said:
@davillain- said:

I get you. Depending on how Sony implements BC, it can improve you PS4 gaming experience. :)

You do have to take what dav says with a grain of salt as he said he was buying Days Gone day 1 and then posted a few days later that he's not buying it and never had any intention of buying it.

So dav will buy the PS5 that you can be sure of.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3414 Posts

@jg4xchamp: MS said it's possibly the first 2 years. PS4 had lots of good games after 2 years that pushed the envelope. Can't believe you guys are defending being given no reason to upgrade lmao. Imagine Jak And Daxter 1 and Metal Gear Solid 2 being suped up versions of PS1 ports. Just sad what you guys will accept now lmao.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11002 Posts

@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Its still an upgrade. An upgrade that you are forced to take despite the fact the same game can run on your existing hardware. :)

This is so stupid this has to be in the hall of fame for butthurt. The dumb takes from Microsoft fans this year are going to be world-breaker level.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9839 Posts

Last time it was Killzone: Shadowfall, Knack and Infamous second son. I never played any of those ganes as I got in when the pro was released. But from what I understand they weren’t exactly great...

Let’s see if Sony can do better this time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Sushiglutton said:

Last time it was Killzone: Shadowfall, Knack and Infamous second son. I never played any of those ganes as I got in when the pro was released. But from what I understand they weren’t exactly great...

You don't get it, it doesn't matter what these games are like its that they're exclusive thus cows can claim superiority lol.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@Juub1990 said:

Source

I hope you enjoy Knack 3 :)

Yes because Ryse was a tripple A experience,how about Fighter Within you know that game for Kinect you remember Kinect right that shit lemmings pay $100 extra mandatory for on 2013.

@hrt_rulz01 said:

I can't find a bigger eyeroll gif to justify you cows... you really are a sad bunch.

Let's celebrate a company forcing us to have to buy an expensive piece of hardware to play games. Yay!

Wow.

Juub1990 a cow? 🤣🤣🤣

Dude now the excuse is sony is forcing us to buy expensive hardware to play games,how about MS forzing you to buy a more expensive hardware just to play the same games..lol

So it is like this.

PS5 = expensive hardware + new,old and cross gen.

Xbox series X = Expensive hardware and nothing but old and cross Gen.

You chose which one you want to pick.

Yeah if you chose xbox one o X you stay behind with longer loading screen no Ray tracing,VRS and older hardware.

@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

No one forced you to buy and xbox one on 2013,you bought it because you wanted it.

The whole forced crap is getting old,no one force anyone to buy anything with exclusives or without,the consoles are close to 7 years old period,and most people don't own either an X model or a Pro by a long shot.

Your argument is terrible and lengh you are going to defend it is even worse,consoles have always had specific games period just like they always have exclusive and is only MS the one breaking appart because of PROFITS.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pedro

@tormentos said:

No one forced you to buy and xbox one on 2013,you bought it because you wanted it.

The whole forced crap is getting old,no one force anyone to buy anything with exclusives or without,the consoles are close to 7 years old period,and most people don't own either an X model or a Pro by a long shot.

Your argument is terrible and lengh you are going to defend it is even worse,consoles have always had specific games period just like they always have exclusive and is only MS the one breaking appart because of PROFITS.

No one force me to buy a Xbox One in 2013 because I didn't buy one in 2013.

Don't be annoyed with the usage of being forced. I am just using your brethren language. :)

Back onto the topic. The series X will have exclusives but just like the previous gen it would have cross gen from Xbox Studios for 1 or 2 years. At the moment, any game that is exclusive to the PS5 and not on the PS4 is artificially locked. PS4 and PS5 are just PC hardware, locking games to one or the other is dumb. But you being such a tool is in full support of this. :)

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6939 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

Followed by the blockbusters Drive Club and The Order.

And who can forget the PS3 with Resistance and then Lair.

This narrative of amazing exclusives available at launch that show off the system is total BS.

Dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Dagubot
Member since 2020 • 421 Posts

PC + Playstation 5 for me.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

Like I keep saying, there is no need to buy the new Xbox if you have a PC, since MS is making their games available on PC. PS5 and PC is a nice combo for the gen because you get all of the exclusives. Add a nintendo console if you want those too.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tormentos

@Pedro said:

No one force me to buy a Xbox One in 2013 because I didn't buy one in 2013.

Don't be annoyed with the usage of being forced. I am just using your brethren language. :)

Back onto the topic. The series X will have exclusives but just like the previous gen it would have cross gen from Xbox Studios for 1 or 2 years. At the moment, any game that is exclusive to the PS5 and not on the PS4 is artificially locked. PS4 and PS5 are just PC hardware, locking games to one or the other is dumb. But you being such a tool is in full support of this. :)

NO one forced you to buy it in any given time period.

Another thing MS force you to buy an xbox or a PC to play Forza,now complain about it and demand those games to be release on PS and switch..

Is just your argument nothing more.

Actually you are a bigger tool than i will ever be,considering you are supporting this crap.

PS5= play New,old and cross gen.

Xbox series X = Play old games and cross gen.

No matter how you see it the first option is better than the last.

Hell i remember how many here were celebrating MS new studios and it was say that those games would take time,i can comprehend that,but other studios having nothing is a joke.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tormentos
@SUD123456 said:
@Sushiglutton said:

Followed by the blockbusters Drive Club and The Order.

And who can forget the PS3 with Resistance and then Lair.

This narrative of amazing exclusives available at launch that show off the system is total BS.

Rsistance was quite a great game and scored 86% on both this site and meta,thats Higher score than Halo 5 had this gen,and Halo 4 as well.

Resistance 20 vs 20 matches was quite a novelty and its weapons were incredibly fresh,and it didn't have Gears graphics but had more attention to detail in the form of more interaction,better AI and online as well without lag disconnect and host advantage issues unlike Gears on 2006,was online free.

Hell Resistance was the first 7.1 soround sound game on that generation,even on audio it was a step forward.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

god damn the salty lems are out in full force

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pedro

@tormentos said:

NO one forced you to buy it in any given time period.

Another thing MS force you to buy an xbox or a PC to play Forza,now complain about it and demand those games to be release on PS and switch..

Is just your argument nothing more.

Actually you are a bigger tool than i will ever be,considering you are supporting this crap.

Hell i remember how many here were celebrating MS new studios and it was say that those games would take time,i can comprehend that,but other studios having nothing is a joke.

Using the logic of your fellow brethren. In order to play PS5 launch games that are exclusive to the system you are being forced to upgrade despite the fact these games can run on existing hardware. If you don't like the word forced, then call out your fellow brethren who decided to use the word.

I support the democratization of gaming. I don't care where you or anyone game. Any company that facilitates less ownership of redundant devices, I am a fan of. Play games where you want, on what you want. I am sorry if that offends you. :)

PS5 = play new(artificially locked), old and cross gen

Xbox Series X = Play new (not artificially locked), new (artificially locked by 3rd parties), old and cross gen

No matter how you try, gamers being able to play NEW games on their existing systems is significantly better than being FORCED to upgraded current gen games. :)

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 729 Posts

Weird how some people find it offensive that a game maker wants to give people incentive to buy their console. I never expected to buy a Switch, but the games became too enticing, and so I bought one. Sony has given me great gaming experiences and has earned enough of my trust that I'll be an early adopter of the PS5. They've already said in the past that they want to have more people jump into the next generation and personally, I've liked what I've heard so far.

If someone wants to sit on their PS4 for a year or so, well that's not a bad thing either. Eventually, if they do wait at least a year, these exclusives will be cheaper and likely bundled with the console. Generally, if people are willing to wait for the console they don't mind waiting for the games either.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5819 Posts

If PC can play games across generations of hardware and still excel in graphics, what cant Xbox?

Its all the same hardware now anyways.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sealionact  Online
Member since 2014 • 9776 Posts

@ajstyles: Xsx is going to cost more than 600 bucks? Lmao....source please? Hehe...

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

@tdkmillsy: don’t confuse all the silly cows with your logic!!

Anyway don’t have any faith in Sony being able to deliver anything good at launch with that shoddy track record of theirs.. for a PS3 at launch and it was several years before it had anything worthwhile to play imo... and yeah PS4 didn’t excactly had a stellar launch lineup either! So yeah will probably pick up a ps5 a few years in, if there is any good games on it that is.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45993 Posts
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Next Playstation Home incoming.

Yeah who doesn't remember great console launch exclusives like Killzone: Shadowfall and Knack?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e20304971dd5
deactivated-5e20304971dd5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5e20304971dd5
Member since 2020 • 67 Posts

@tormentos said:

Why do you say play old games? You wanna bet that Halo Infinite will be the best looking game at launch? Better than anything on PS5.

Game development is top-down, you know that right? So in case of Halo, it will be developed for XSX, and a dumb-downed version will be created for the Xbox One.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sealionact  Online

@tdkmillsy: "If PC can play games across generations of hardware and still excel in graphics, what cant Xbox?"

Because Cows.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tormentos

@Pedro said:

Using the logic of your fellow brethren. In order to play PS5 launch games that are exclusive to the system you are being forced to upgrade despite the fact these games can run on existing hardware. If you don't like the word forced, then call out your fellow brethren who decided to use the word.

I support the democratization of gaming. I don't care where you or anyone game. Any company that facilitates less ownership of redundant devices, I am a fan of. Play games where you want, on what you want. I am sorry if that offends you. :)

PS5 = play new(artificially locked), old and cross gen

Xbox Series X = Play new (not artificially locked), new (artificially locked by 3rd parties), old and cross gen

No matter how you try, gamers being able to play NEW games on their existing systems is significantly better than being FORCED to upgraded current gen games. :)

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

Sure you do which is why this is the first time i have see you complain about consoles FORCING you to buy a new platform for a game,you and other lemmings as well,because your lame excuses stick between each other.

All consoles have been locked all of them period,you see it as been lock we don't and that kind of practice is what has slow down PC for years,using more powerful hardware to just bruteforce higher pixel and frames, instead of using new features and building new games that actually take advantage of the newly release platfom.

In fact is what has separate consoles for generations now,you get a console you know it will be use and pushed to the limits,you get a brand new GPU and you have to wait years for most developers to use everysingle new feature,how many games are still been made without ray tracing?

I am sure the majority still is.

So people payed top dollars for something that is been hardly use.

This reminded me of the lame excuse you lemmings coined in for downpaying Blu-ray claiming it wasn't need it,i who already had an HDTV before the PS3 launched were one of those who bought a damn HDTV that could barely take advantage of,so HD graphics was great for games but some how not for movies,people will make some shitty arguments to defend a damn product.

No.

PS5 = Play next gen only,old games and cross gen

Xseries X = Play cross gen and old games period.

There is no real next gen games been release on launch for xbox,just cross gen and your usual milked port.

No matter how you see it there is no need for a series X console if it will not have next gen games just cross gen,there is no incentive to buy it,and the series X will suffer sales wise for it,if you can play Halo infinte on xbox one there is no incentive to buy it,i would certainly not buy a PS5 to play games i can get on PS4,if my only north was better frames and resolution i would own a damn 2080ti since it came out.

@tdkmillsy said:

If PC can play games across generations of hardware and still excel in graphics, what cant Xbox?

Its all the same hardware now anyways.

That is exactly what has hold back PC for years,adoptions rate suck on PC for simply that reason,because new hardware get release every year,but the older ones still get support,that make those people hold up because they don't need to move on.

Consoles have never ever been like that at all,and i have never hear here you,pedro or any other lemming crying about having to buy a new console for specific games.

In fact MS forced Kinect on people and killed the damn thing after many payed for it and still you people defend that crap.

There are things on PC that i surely don't want on the console market,if MS want to copy something from PC let them copy free online play,mods for all games and several good percs rather than the bad ones.

@djoffer said:

@tdkmillsy: don’t confuse all the silly cows with your logic!!

Anyway don’t have any faith in Sony being able to deliver anything good at launch with that shoddy track record of theirs.. for a PS3 at launch and it was several years before it had anything worthwhile to play imo... and yeah PS4 didn’t excactly had a stellar launch lineup either! So yeah will probably pick up a ps5 a few years in, if there is any good games on it that is.

What is something worthwhile in your words?

Because Uncharted had a 89% score on Meta and release exactly 1 year after the PS3 launch,so Did Ratchet with a score of 90% and release on 2007,so did warhawk,Motorstorm and several other games by the end of 2007 wich was the first year.

Reistance was quite great,and had 20 vs 20 matches in huge stages basically lag free,on dedicated servers,sure there wasn't a galore of games,there never is on any launch of any console,and BC is good for that period of drough,but by the first year the PS3 already was delivering,hell the xbox one had a much worse launch and subsequent years as well,were not a single xbox one exclusive for the first years would hit 90% non,Halo,Forza,Gears,Quantumbreak,dead rising 3,Ryse,sunset over drive non could achieve a 90 score and most were low mid 80's if not lower like Ryse and Dead rising.

But regardless it was experiences you could only find on xbox one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5e20304971dd5
@tormentos said:

No matter how you see it there is no need for a series X console if it will not have next gen games just cross gen,there is no incentive to buy it,and the series X will suffer sales wise for it,if you can play Halo infinte on xbox one there is no incentive to buy it,i would certainly not buy a PS5 to play games i can get on PS4,if my only north was better frames and resolution i would own a damn 2080ti since it came out.

That's like saying there's no need to upgrade your PC as long as it plays the game... Why did people even buy a PS4 Pro and OneX if it just plays the same games as the PS4 and OneS. Do you hear yourself?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tormentos
@xfighter said:
@tormentos said:

Why do you say play old games? You wanna bet that Halo Infinite will be the best looking game at launch? Better than anything on PS5.

Game development is top-down, you know that right? So in case of Halo, it will be developed for XSX, and a dumb-downed version will be created for the Xbox One.

I say old games because the series X has BC.

That is a big assumption on your part specially knowing that Halo hasn't been a graphics marvel of a game this gen or last.

That is what you think,but in reality the weaker system is the anker and the stronger system get a frame and pixel injected version with some other improvements.

Building the game from ground up on Series X would render it useless on Xbox one S period.

@sealionact said:

@tdkmillsy: "If PC can play games across generations of hardware and still excel in graphics, what cant Xbox?"

Because Cows.

Is not the same rising resolution and frames,and building a game to take advantage of what a specific hardware can do.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Zero_epyon

@xfighter said:
@tormentos said:

That's like saying there's no need to upgrade your PC as long as it plays the game... Why did people even buy a PS4 Pro and OneX if it just plays the same games as the PS4 and OneS. Do you hear yourself?

A lot of people didn't buy the Pro and X though. The PS4 and S are still the big sellers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5e20304971dd5

@Zero_epyon said:
@xfighter said:

A lot of people didn't buy the Pro and X though. The PS4 and S are still the big sellers.

I don't know their sales numbers, but yeah I can imagine that the PS4 and OneS sold more. Point is that there was still a reason for the existence of the Pro and X, and people buying them did it for a better experience. Microsoft giving people 1 more year to play on their OneX and OneS isn't a bad thing. Sure if Sony comes out at launch with a game that isn't able to run on the PS4 Pro, even downgraded due to a CPU or SSD/HDD difference then cows are correct. But they have no way of knowing this, so we'll just have to wait and see. I'm just pretty sure that Halo Infinite is going to be the best game at launch, and if that is possible then I don't see an issue with Microsoft's choice on this matter.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Zero_epyon

@xfighter said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@xfighter said:

I don't know their sales numbers, but yeah I can imagine that the PS4 and OneS sold more. Point is that there was still a reason for the existence of the Pro and X, and people buying them did it for a better experience. Microsoft giving people 1 more year to play on their OneX and OneS isn't a bad thing. Sure if Sony comes out at launch with a game that isn't able to run on the PS4 Pro, even downgraded due to a CPU or SSD/HDD difference then cows are correct. But they have no way of knowing this, so we'll just have to wait and see. I'm just pretty sure that Halo Infinite is going to be the best game at launch, and if that is possible then I don't see an issue with Microsoft's choice on this matter.

Oh, let me clarify that I don't see an issue with MS's plan either. MS has been building its universal windows platform for this specific scenario and they're finally about to put it to use. I do, however, understand the argument that this will hurt Series X sales initially, just because most people aren't willing to upgrade just for performance bumps which we saw with the refresh consoles.

Sony's strategy will be to build games 100% around the PS5 and claim that these games can't be run in that manner on previous gen systems. So they'll use the content + performance aspects to sell their system, whereas MS will bank on just performance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5e20304971dd5

@Zero_epyon said:
@xfighter said:

Oh, let me clarify that I don't see an issue with MS's plan either. MS has been building its universal windows platform for this specific scenario and they're finally about to put it to use. I do, however, understand the argument that this will hurt Series X sales initially, just because most people aren't willing to upgrade just for performance bumps which we saw with the refresh consoles.

Sony's strategy will be to build games 100% around the PS5 and claim that these games can't be run in that manner on previous gen systems. So they'll use the content + performance aspects to sell their system, whereas MS will bank on just performance.

Indeed, I follow your interpretation of these decisions by both companies. I agree that there's less of a reason to buy a XSX now, but I don't think Microsoft cares that much. As long as you buy the game on one of their systems (One, XSX, PC) or through one of their services, they are happy with it.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sealionact  Online

@tormentos: Lol....you make me laugh. Its like you haven't even heard about a thing called PC, which for generations has had the same game with better resolutions, frame rates and graphics for better hardware.

There might be genuine reasons to not get an xsx down the road, but you lot are coming up with absolute comedy gold....

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

The new Xbox still got fannyboys foaming at the gash I see HAH

Priceless

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tormentos

@xfighter said:

Sales were abysmally in favor of the cheaper models,for the same reason sales are abysmally in favor of cheaper GPU on PC vs the top of the line one.

There is something to in that bold part that people are not really seeing,you may think MS is giving more time for xbox one and X models,in reality they were probably catch pants down and without nothing.

I remember a year or more so ago MS wasn't showing games claiming it would not show games years of advance,they basiclaly had nothing new coming,but comes the series X they show Hellblade in non playable form,without gameplay.

Turning back to how they use to do things,i don't think those games will be here for at least 2 years,i don't trust MS with timing,considering all that it happen during this gen,games take time,and if your loss even more time.

The PS5 has a Ryzen CPU which even water down is a HUGE jump from the speed and performance of the Jaguar on consoles now,they would por an NVE storage solution which could be revolutionary,more powerful GPU,with ray trycing and other percs as well,a game done to take advantage of this features will have problems running on PS4,is not just GPU wise but NVE storage.