Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Exactly. Close thread.

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Yeah, it's terrible. If Sony did this, they'd be getting dragged. But people can't wait to bend over backwards to excuse MS for it. It's laughable. That cult mentality is the reason why Xbox can't get ahead because people keep mollycoddling everything they do instead of speaking up against the BS.

Do you actually believe the sh*t that comes out of your mouth? Wow.

Hell yeah I do, because if it went down your ass would be the main one leading the charge. And you if you say you wouldn't I'd personally make you the plaque declaring you earth's biggest liar.

This just proves my point... you know nothing. You literally are a blind fanboy.

If MS made Halo Infinite a XSX exclusive and not playable on even XB1 X, I'd be fu*king pissed. It is anti-consumer to do it. If you honestly think it's a good thing to force people to have to buy a brand new console straight away just to play a couple of new games, your head is officially too far up Sony's arse for you to be saved.

@Pedro said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

He has been emotionally compromise for this entire gen. There no hope for him. He will go into hiding when reality kicks him in the face again. :)

Lol, it certainly seems like it. These cows literally make zero sense. And sad thing is that they actually believe this sh*t... as you can see above.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Boooooo.

Exclusives are lame. They serve no purpose other than to force people to buy a certain console.

First off YOU chose PC no one forced YOU, and secondly exclusives serve no purpose??? I mean sure YOU spend hundreds of millions of dollars making consoles and then put all you games on PC so people don't have to buy something YOU just spent hundreds of millions of dollars making, makes total sense. YOU do that and see if YOU still feel that way.

You hermits are no master race, as all you do is beg like a dog. Somewhere along the line you guys got confused as you have masters but are not masters lol.

Let me rephrase that: it serves no purpose for the consumerME And unless you work for a manufacturer of consoles, I really don't see why you are defending them so hard.

As for PC gamers begging, I wasn't begging in the above, just commenting on how lame it is. Got too many games on PC to worry about exclusives. Plus I've tried them on the PS4; if Spider-Man, H:ZD, and God of War are the best they have to offer as far as exclusives go, they can keep them.

Firstly you are not for the consumer so please stop with the BS, you are for you & you only.

Secondly yes you are begging, begging to have games made by companies for the platforms they spend hundreds of millions of dollars on to be mulitiplat so you don't have to buy their hardware.

And the deflection of you got too many good games on PC to worry about exclusives, and yet instead of playing them you are here posting about the very things you said you're not worried about lol.

Then the i've tried them and they can keep them argument, well then why comment in the first place? its because you want these exclusives on PC, so you are indeed worried about them LOL.

As for me defending them, well i'm just giving you an insight on that they spend their money on hardware and then the development of these games and therefore have the RIGHT to keep them on their platform is they choose to do so.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@mtron32: BOTW was a cross gen game, came out on Wii U. Exclusives on series x will be like the BOTW situation, I'm cool with it, no reason to alienate your base who doesnt upgrade within the 1st year

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts
@fedor said:

@mrbojangles25: I was making fun of IPs flawed logic. I agree with your sentiment.

There is no flawed logic, but i'm talking to a Sony loving hermit, so I can see how you get confused about things on here.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#105 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

@jg4xchamp: MS said it's possibly the first 2 years. PS4 had lots of good games after 2 years that pushed the envelope. Can't believe you guys are defending being given no reason to upgrade lmao. Imagine Jak And Daxter 1 and Metal Gear Solid 2 being suped up versions of PS1 ports. Just sad what you guys will accept now lmao.

Why would I, someone who primarily games on PC give a shit about playing on the consoles enough to upgrade anyway? Whatever they make is coming to PC anyway, I have zero problem with getting cross gen titles, because cross gen is going to be third party stuff anyway, and I care more about a game being good, then a bunch of launch titles which aren't good to begin with.

The error you goons are making isn't that the next system won't get games that are built for the new hardware only going forward, it's that the launch year stuff isn't going to be that. And if yall remember the PS4, let me give yall a quick recape of launch 2013 and all of 2014.

Killzone Shadowfall - wack, missing basic shit that KZ2 n 3 had, slower than both of those games, ruined the upgrade system that was in KZ2.

Infamous Second Son - wack, like a third as long as Infamous 1 n 2, with no real improvements on the base combat, and even more mission padding that was just go do this inane car destroying mission shit before you can do a real mission

Knack - suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

The remaster to the Last of Us - it's a fucking remaster. Also had bad field of view still

Not exactly killers there. And y'all accepted shallow gameplay ages ago, so sped up PS1 titles might actually be the first step some of yall take to gaining some standards.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#106 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69407 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Why would I, someone who primarily games on PC give a shit about playing on the consoles enough to upgrade anyway? Whatever they make is coming to PC anyway, I have zero problem with getting cross gen titles, because cross gen is going to be third party stuff anyway, and I care more about a game being good, then a bunch of launch titles which aren't good to begin with.

The error you goons are making isn't that the next system won't get games that are built for the new hardware only going forward, it's that the launch year stuff isn't going to be that. And if yall remember the PS4, let me give yall a quick recape of launch 2013 and all of 2014.

Killzone Shadowfall - wack, missing basic shit that KZ2 n 3 had, slower than both of those games, ruined the upgrade system that was in KZ2.

Infamous Second Son - wack, like a third as long as Infamous 1 n 2, with no real improvements on the base combat, and even more mission padding that was just go do this inane car destroying mission shit before you can do a real mission

Knack - suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

The remaster to the Last of Us - it's a fucking remaster. Also had bad field of view still

Not exactly killers there. And y'all accepted shallow gameplay ages ago, so sped up PS1 titles might actually be the first step some of yall take to gaining some standards.

Its the console culture that is the problem. The gamers that care about exclusives don't give a shit about a the games. They only care about being able to say "you can't play this game on your system". I have never seen this much dedication in this passion for games being only on one system. I am glad for this move because as far as I am concern the moves that MS made in the last 2-3 years should have been their from the freaking start with the original Xbox. They abandoned PC support for the 360. Even their controller wouldn't work on their own Windows platform. Luckily the brand was fucked in 2013 and MS is getting back to the core, strong compatibility and interoperability.

Agnostic gaming for the win.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11082 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

This just proves my point... you know nothing. You literally are a blind fanboy.

If MS made Halo Infinite a XSX exclusive and not playable on even XB1 X, I'd be fu*king pissed. It is anti-consumer to do it. If you honestly think it's a good thing to force people to have to buy a brand new console straight away just to play a couple of new games, your head is officially too far up Sony's arse for you to be saved.

Get the **** outta here. You're only making excuses for this shit because it's Xbox. When has it ever been a standard for a brand new console to completely share games with the previous console? You're being an apologist for Xbox's bullshit because you're a corporate slave toeing the line, period.

If Sony came stumbling in with a bunch of crossplat games for the first two years of PS5's existence, there's no way they would get my money until they would make games tailored to that machine. Listening to Xbots crow on about being anti-consumer is the newest dumb ass talking point they could come up with yet, and they constantly have a bunch of doozys.

What happens after they drop the previous gen after two years? Is it going to be anti-consumer then? This is why the gaming industry in general laughs at you weirdos, because you could up with some of the lamest mental gymnastics for the completely broken state of Xbox. Good GOD.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#108 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@jg4xchamp: 100% on ps4 launch, the "exclusives* that thing launched with were garbage and worse than the games from the previous gen.

The biggest titles at launch of this gen were cross gen, GTA5, Titanfall, Destiny, Last of US, BF4.

The upgrade was worth it to play those on new hardware, games like shadowfall and knack were garbage

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

He has been emotionally compromise for this entire gen. There no hope for him. He will go into hiding when reality kicks him in the face again. :)

Why do I have to go into hiding? I don't make the wrong choices with my gaming preferences. In the meantime, you've got 30K posts still making excuses for your preferred console that will never gain any ground again. Xbox got owned because the fans are the cancer that killed it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Get the **** outta here. You're only making excuses for this shit because it's Xbox. When has it every been a standard for a brand new console to completely share games with the previous console? You're being an apologist for Xbox's bullshit because you're a corporate slave toeing the line, period.

I heard Breath of the Wild was on the WiiU and Switch. I also heard it was a launch title that had an exceptionally high attach rate. I also heard Nintendo did the same thing for the Wii and GC for Zelda Twilight Princess. I have yet to hear anyone bitching about those two instances. Why bitch now? Is it because its MS? :)

If Sony came stumbling in with a bunch of crossplat games for the first two years of PS5's existence, there's no way the would get my money until they would make games tailored to that machine. Listening to Xbots crow on about being anti-consumer is the newest dumb ass talking point they could come up with yet, and they constantly have a bunch of doozys.

I heard Sony makes money from selling games. I also heard that multiplatform games sold better than exclusives last year. I guess Sony making money from your sale isn't that important, for they are in the business of selling games.

What happens after they drop the previous gen after two years? Is it going to be anti-consumer then? This is why the gaming industry in general laughs at you weirdos, because you could up with some of the lamest mental gymnastics for the completely broken state of Xbox. Good GOD.

The same thing that is going to happen this year with 106 million PS4 owners, they will have to jump ship to play the new games and pay less for the system. Such a terrible idea. Allowing gamers who don't intend on upgrading to play new games and then making them buy the new system at a lower price two year later. MS are evil bastards.....LMAO.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

Why do I have to go into hiding? I don't make the wrong choices with my gaming preferences. In the meantime, you've got 30K posts still making excuses for your preferred console that will never gain any ground again. Xbox got owned because the fans are the cancer that killed it.

I play games regardless of the platform its on. You shill for Sony while stalking Phil Spencer from Xbox. You spend most of your time talking and stalking the system you don't like. You spend most of your time playing games from a company you claim not to like "I get to play Forza and Gears at 4k/60FPS".

I am sorry that you have been emotionally compromised and that the more you try to deny it the worse you look. Thank you for the entertainment. I look forward to more of your frequent meltdowns.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

I play games regardless of the platform its on. You shill for Sony while stalking Phil Spencer from Xbox. You spend most of your time talking and stalking the system you don't like. You spend most of your time playing games from a company you claim not to like "I get to play Forza and Gears at 4k/60FPS".

I am sorry that you have been emotionally compromised and that the more you try to deny it the worse you look. Thank you for the entertainment. I look forward to more of your frequent meltdowns.

Do you? Because you go into overtime defending Xbox at every level. How does one spend most of his time hating on Sony but buys their highest priced system? I didn't invest in an Xbox console this gen, Xbox came to ME. And thank god, because all the drama and constant strategy shifting has put the fanbase in a constant tailspin. Who the hell wants to go through all that?

And what kills me in you're still in the back of the bleachers acting like the world revolves around you. Come on! Reality is never going to settle in. Even the most die hard Boners on Youtube have been turning their back on the brand. You're going to stay the rear because you keep cheerleading the dumb crap.

Why should anyone listen to, or take gaming advice from you people when you're always yelling at us from a burning ship. Phil Spencer could put your moms in a headlock at this point and all you'd say is, "well, she probably had it coming". What does this company have to do to finally get you to say enough is enough? Who in their right mind takes this much punishment over their plastic box and asks for more? 😂

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Do you? Because you go into overtime defending Xbox at every level. How does one spend most of his time hating on Sony but buys their highest priced system? I didn't invest in an Xbox console this gen, Xbox came to ME. And thank god, because all the drama and constant strategy shifting has put the fanbase in a constant tailspin. Who the hell wants to go through all that?

And what kills me in you're still in the back of the bleachers acting like the world revolves around you. Come on! Reality is never going to settle in. Even the most die hard Boners on Youtube have been turning their back on the brand. You're going to stay the rear because you keep cheerleading the dumb crap.

Why should anyone listen to, or take gaming advice from you people when you're always yelling at us from a burning ship. Phil Spencer could put your moms in a headlock at this point and all you'd say is, "well, she probably had it coming". What does this company have to do to finally get you to say enough is enough? Who in their right mind takes this much punishment over their plastic box and asks for more? 😂

Hating Sony? LMAO. You Sony fannies are to dense to realize that I spend my time making fun of you guys and I RARELY talk about Sony far less spend time hating Sony. You are such a tool. 😂

So, you actively watch Youtube vids of Xbox fans talking about the Xbox? 😂 You can't let stop obsessing about this piece of hardware can't you?

MS makes their games for PC and Xbox platform, and you want me to be pissed. 😂😂😂 Can you be anymore of a shill man?

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

Hating Sony? LMAO. You Sony fannies are to dense to realize that I spend my time making fun of you guys and a RARELY talk about Sony far less spend time hating Sony. You are such a tool. 😂

So, you actively watch Youtube vids of Xbox fans talking about the Xbox? 😂 You can't let stop obsessing about this piece of hardware can't you?

MS makes their games for PC and Xbox platform, and you want me to be pissed. 😂😂😂 Can you be anymore of a shill man?

I actually play Xbox games unlike most of you frauds. Xbox used to be good once, but when they shit the bed this gen, the goons that decided to stick by the sinking ship made it worse. With the remaining Xbox fans on the internet turning into a rogue's gallery of stupid cartoon characters that grew ever more insufferable when it was obvious the brand had failed them.

That's why I roast you people. And then you turn around and try to take down more successful platforms for not fucking up on the level of Xbox. Screw that shit. Why do you think you get to dictate this market when you don't know your asses from a hole in the ground?

And don't tell me you're not pissed, because you can't stop engaging the people that give Xbox a hard time. Out of the current platform holders, they deserve the shark tank treatment the most.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

I actually play Xbox games unlike most of you frauds. Xbox used to be good once, but when they shit the bed this gen, the goons that decided to stick by the sinking ship made it worse. With the remaining Xbox fans on the internet turning into a rogue's gallery of stupid cartoon characters that grew ever more insufferable when it was obvious the brand had failed them.

That's why I roast you people. And then you turn around and try to take down more successful platforms for not fucking up on the level of Xbox. Screw that shit. Why do you think you get to dictate this market when you don't know your asses from a hole in the ground?

And don't tell me you're not pissed, because you can't stop engaging the people that give Xbox a hard time. Out of the current platform holders, they deserve the shark tank treatment the most.

Another sad story of an angry former Xbox fanboy. How typical. MS betrayed you and you have been wasting your time being angry for years while playing their games and crying. 😂

You roast people? You mean like how you claim to be a PC gamer and got bitched is slapped...twice. 😂

I will never be pissed when gamers win. You wouldn't understand, because you too busy shilling. 😂

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

Another sad story of an angry former Xbox fanboy. How typical. MS betrayed you and you have been wasting your time being angry for years while playing their games and crying. 😂

You roast people? You mean like how you claim to be a PC gamer and got bitched is slapped...twice. 😂

I will never be pissed when gamers win. You wouldn't understand, because you too busy shilling. 😂

How am I not a PC gamer? I have a PC, I play games on it. I spent damn good money doing so. Because I don't bend the knee to Xbox doesn't change that. I like Sony because they make games I like, so I buy their console, same with Nintendo. I have access to everything the industry offers right now. But I don't make excuses for every mistake they make either. I don't have to buy into, or fall for the propaganda of all these platform holders.

You're the one still shilling for the company that keeps going south while claiming the rest of us are assholes for not sticking with them for buying their damn boxes, I don't care what other systems you invested in.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Pedro
Benji
Benji "I am a PC gamer", Slap. No you are not by fellow PC gamers. 😂

Find me any line in which I say anyone is an asshole for not sticking with Xbox. I will wait.....😂😂😂😂

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: it’s unbelievable how smug these clown lems are after being humiliated for the last 6 years.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:
Benji
Benji "I am a PC gamer", Slap. No you are not by fellow PC gamers. 😂

Find me any line in which I say anyone is an asshole for not sticking with Xbox. I will wait.....😂😂😂😂

When am I ever going to stop taking balls to the face for Xbox? - Pedro

You can't stop getting choked up every time somebody gives Xbox a hard time. You're not neutral, Pedro. You're invested ankles deep in the asshole of Xbox while pretending to be a connoisseur of all things gaming, and we know it's not true. You haven't given anyone a single good reason why you carry water for this brand. Keep taking those Ls.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 BenjaminBanklin

@pdogg93 said:

@BenjaminBanklin: it’s unbelievable how smug these clown lems are after being humiliated for the last 6 years.

That's why I keep laughing at 'em. They think people are supposed to back down off of them because they have numbers and try to dogpile people who aren't part of the Cult of Phil. Look what happens when you actually challenge them outside of their little bubbles. They meltdown spectacularly.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Pedro
@BenjaminBanklin said:

You can't stop getting choked up every time somebody gives Xbox a hard time. You're not neutral, Pedro. You're invested ankles deep in the asshole of Xbox while pretending to be a connoisseur of all things gaming, and we know it's not true. You haven't given anyone a single good reason why you carry water for this brand. Keep taking those Ls.

The emotional roller coaster you having continues to deliver.

• First you share your sad story that MS betrayed you and you are still hurting
  • Got bitched slapped by two PC gamers for claiming you are PC gamer
  • Brags about playing Xbox games on PC
  • Complains about Xbox games being on.....Xbox
  • Then fantasizes about ankles in assholes

EPIC meltdown.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

The emotional roller coaster you having continues to deliver.

• First you share your sad story that MS betrayed you and you are still hurting
  • Got bitched slapped by two PC gamers for claiming you are PC gamer
  • Brags about playing Xbox games on PC
  • Complains about Xbox games being on.....Xbox
  • Then fantasizes about ankles in assholes

EPIC meltdown.

Is this the best you have to offer, Xbox stans? You send your clown jester of the board to battle? What say you? 🤣🤣🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Is this the best you have to offer, Xbox stans? You send your clown jester of the board to battle? What say you? 🤣🤣🤣

LOL at you thinking this is a battle. But then I again you think MS supporting their current platforms with their upcoming games is punishment.🤣

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

LOL at you thinking this is a battle. But then I again you think MS supporting their current platforms with their upcoming games is punishment.🤣

Yerp. Punishing those that will invest in this thing for the next two years.

BOOM!

"B-b-b-b-b-but this CAN'T be true. He's not a PC GUY!"

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin: The Witcher 3 and Doom made no design concessions because of the Switch. Tomb Raider and Titanfall didn't make design concessions because of the 360.

Concessions made on weaker hardware does not roll upward to stronger hardware.

The notion that games would be held back has been demonstrated to be false time and time again. Nice try though.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

@BenjaminBanklin: The Witcher 3 and Doom made no design concessions because of the Switch. Tomb Raider and Titanfall didn't make design concessions because of the 360.

The notion that games would be held back has been demonstrated to be false time and time again. Nice try though.

Absolutely rekt. This is Digital Foundry backing up everything I said in that thread. All of you lems and lem sympathizers just got FLATTENED! Jesus Christ, I've never seen a collective group of people get owned in one sweep like this before. This is embarrassing for you guys to get drenched this hard and the pre-season hasn't even started yet.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#127  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58297 Posts
@fedor said:

@mrbojangles25: I was making fun of IPs flawed logic. I agree with your sentiment.

ah my mistake then.

@i_p_daily said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Let me rephrase that: it serves no purpose for the consumerME And unless you work for a manufacturer of consoles, I really don't see why you are defending them so hard.

As for PC gamers begging, I wasn't begging in the above, just commenting on how lame it is. Got too many games on PC to worry about exclusives. Plus I've tried them on the PS4; if Spider-Man, H:ZD, and God of War are the best they have to offer as far as exclusives go, they can keep them.

Firstly you are not for the consumer so please stop with the BS, you are for you & you only.

I am for me. And I am a consumer. And what's good for me is good for the consumer. I mean, what's the ideal here: everyone can play every game on any platform? Or only certain people can play certain games on certain platforms? I think the former...

@i_p_daily said:

Secondly yes you are begging, begging to have games made by companies for the platforms they spend hundreds of millions of dollars on to be mulitiplat so you don't have to buy their hardware.

When did I beg? Maybe two years ago, before I bought a PS4, I was asking for Horizon: Zero Dawn on PC. Maybe I was like "Hey I'd like to see what all the fuss was about with God of War".

So I bought a PS4 and I tried the exclusives. I don't "beg" anymore (not that I was really begging to begin with, merely curious).

And before you call the above a contradiction, even though I might not have seen what the fuss was about with PS4 exclusives, other people on other platforms might have enjoyed them. Again, what's good for me is good for most in general terms.

The point is: I Would have liked to find those games disappointing on my platform of choice, not on PS4.

@i_p_daily said:

And the deflection of you got too many good games on PC to worry about exclusives, and yet instead of playing them you are here posting about the very things you said you're not worried about lol.

I enjoy a good debate as much as the next guy. Besides, I already played a few hours of Factorio today, time to do something else. Like post online...

@i_p_daily said:

Then the i've tried them and they can keep them argument, well then why comment in the first place? its because you want these exclusives on PC, so you are indeed worried about them LOL.

Because, as I said above, it's not always about me, it's about having the option. It's about other people having the option. It's about the state of gaming in general, slippery slopes and all that. I'd rather the world be filled with non-exclusive games I'd never play than exclusives at all.

@i_p_daily said:

As for me defending them, well i'm just giving you an insight on that they spend their money on hardware and then the development of these games and therefore have the RIGHT to keep them on their platform is they choose to do so.

I don't think this is news to anyone. And don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing Devil's advocate too, but I also don't buy into the arguments I propose when defending corporate, anti-consumer interests.

And yes, I know they have a right to keep them on whatever platform they choose, but I also have a right to disagree.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Absolutely rekt. This is Digital Foundry backing up everything I said in that thread. All of you lems and lem sympathizers just got FLATTENED! Jesus Christ, I've never seen a collective group of people get owned in one sweep like this before. This is embarrassing for you guys to get drenched this hard and the pre-season hasn't even started yet.

Someone's opinion does not equate facts. I will wait for you to post facts. :)

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#129  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin:

It only makes sense for MS to design their games in a scalable way since they will all be running on a range of PCs as well. It's just good game design and it definitely doesn't mean the intended experience will be gimped. John simply states that certain decisions will need to be made when approaching multiple platforms.

I think this argument is reaching. Time will tell - or rather it wont, because you will only ever see the game that gets released, not the one they never made. So this is all just speculation.

Another speculation is that all the old Xbox hardware will probably be able to play those new games via xCloud. So if you don't want to play those shiny new games on an expensive new console, you can probably play them on that cheap X1S you bought 4 years ago for $100. Options are good. Not taking advantage of many more potential customers is not smart from a business perspective. And afaik MS never stated how each legacy system will support newer titles.

Let's also not forget that the cross-gen situation between X360 and X1 is not a good indicator for how this next gen leap will be affected. The X360 was barely a modern computer with 512GB of memory. Most of the concessions and difficulty in those cross-gen titles were because of this limitation. This has even been touched on in the DF Halo Reach videos. The X1 has 20X the memory as the X360. The next-gen console will not even have 2X. This isn't a good comparison of tech difference.

Making a big deal of cross-gen support is silly because you have nothing to go by.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Someone's opinion does not equate facts. I will wait for you to post facts. :)

Aren't you Xbox dudes always hanging off DF's teats when it comes to comparisons? Now that he's telling you that Xbox games are going to be held back design-wise because they're still catering to a console with the old Jaguar CPU, NOW they're full of shit. You people are a circus of fools in a tent that's always on fire.

He's made the point that I made. That games like Titanfall and and FH2 on 360 are separate ports, NOT just a scaled down game running on similar architecture. Just like those games on the Switch you keep foolishly pointing to. Those games have different or removed assets in places just to get them to run on the hardware.

Hell, its not like every card can run modern PC games, you go back just enough, and you'll encounter games that are incompatible with the hardware you own. Therefore, everyone that owns the old hardware can't run the new hotness. What MS is doing is pairing down games that can run on all Xbox Ones and the new console with just one version. OF COURSE concessions have to be made. You are not a PC person in any way, shape or form and you think Xbox games will look like magic on Series X even though they are all running the same game as last gen.

I don't know what to tell you anymore. You like fighting for the sake of fighting even when you're long past wrong. Now all of you collectively have egg on your face. "I'm not a PC guy". Get the hell out of here. Feel free to go to Linneman's Twitter and tell him he's wrong while we're here. MS is planning to go next gen exclusive with the console later... when those games FINALLY get finished. Tell me why they would do that when you say what they're doing now is perfectly fine? They know they have to cut that tether eventually. Get real, Pedro.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 BenjaminBanklin

@pyro1245 said:

@BenjaminBanklin:

It only makes sense for MS to design their games in a scalable way since they will all be running on a range of PCs as well. It's just good game design and it definitely doesn't mean the intended experience will be gimped. John simply states that certain decisions will need to be made when approaching multiple platforms.

I think this argument is reaching. Time will tell - or rather it wont, because you will only ever see the game that gets released, not the one they never made. So this is all just speculation.

Another speculation is that all the old Xbox hardware will probably be able to play those new games via xCloud. So if you don't want to play those shiny new games on an expensive new console, you can probably play them on that cheap X1S you bought 4 years ago for $100. Options are good. Not taking advantage of many more potential customers is not smart from a business perspective. And afaik MS never stated how each legacy system will support newer titles.

Let's also not forget that the cross-gen situation between X360 and X1 is not a good indicator for how this next gen leap will be affected. The X360 was barely a modern computer with 512GB of memory. Most of the concessions and difficulty in those cross-gen titles were because of this limitation. This has even been touched on in the DF Halo Reach videos. The X1 has 20X the memory as the X360. The next-gen console will not even have 2X. This isn't a good comparison of tech difference.

Making a big deal of cross-gen support is silly because you have nothing to go by.

He's saying he doesn't approve because it's not wise to design modern games going into a new gen around a Jaguar CPU in the year of our lord 2020. I know a lot of you are drawing lines in the sand on this and are buying the console anyway. Nobody's changing your minds about that. But these games are not getting dedicated development to take advantage of these models. It's one size fits all.

There's a huge leap in calculation power between an OG Xbox One and an XSX or a PC with decent modern specs. A decision has already been made when it comes to these platforms, that you're all going to be sharing a similar model with a different engine under the hood for all.

This is not a thing that Microsoft wants to do forever. They do plan on ending this eventually. It's just that window is going to appear to be for quite a while for the foreseeable future. This isn't MS doing this out a charitable act. They want a machine out there to take on the PS5 in some form until they can get the content together that takes advantage of it. They're not resting on prettied-up crossplats forever.

I can't speculate on the Xcloud situation, as I don't know how they plan on doing that. Are streamers going to be playing the same quality games as XSX owners? That doesn't seem fair. But, I don't know.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Aren't you Xbox dudes always hanging off DF's teats when it comes to comparisons? Now that he's telling you that Xbox games are going to be held back design-wise because they're still catering to a console with the old Jaguar CPU, NOW they're full of shit. You people are a circus of fools in a tent that's always on fire.

He's made the point that I made. That games like Titanfall and and FH2 on 360 are separate ports, NOT just a scaled down game running on similar architecture. Just like those games on the Switch you keep foolishly pointing to. Those games have different or removed assets in places just to get them to run on the hardware.

Hell, its not like every card can run modern PC games, you go back just enough, and you'll encounter games that are incompatible with the hardware you own. Therefore, everyone that owns the old hardware can't run the new hotness. What MS is doing is pairing down games that can run on all Xbox Ones and the new console with just one version. OF COURSE concessions have to be made. You are not a PC person in any way, shape or form and you think Xbox games will look like magic on Series X even though they are all running the same game as last gen.

I don't know what to tell you anymore. You like fighting for the sake of fighting even when you're long past wrong. Now all of you collectively have egg on your face. "I'm not a PC guy". Get the hell out of here. Feel free to go to Linneman's Twitter and tell him he's wrong while we're here. MS is planning to go next gen exclusive with the console later... when those games FINALLY get finished. Tell me why they would do that when you say what they're doing now is perfectly fine? They know they have to cut that tether eventually. Get real, Pedro.

Firstly you need to get your shit together. You have made multiple false claims about me. I am not sure if your fanaticism is affecting you but know the people you are talking to before making baseless accusations. I don't care or do DF "teats". In fact I don't create much threads in general. So, you may have an obsession with creating DF "teats" or following DF "teats" but don't project that nonsense on me.

Secondly, he sharing the same opinion does not make these incorrect opinions correct. Titanfall and FH2 were scaled down games running on the 360. The games being ports does not remove the fact that they have been scaled down. The game running on different architecture doesn't mean its not scaled down. Do you even know how these things work? Which part of "concessions are made on the weaker hardware" that you are unable understand?

You only recently got into PC gaming about a year now and you are trying to tell me a person who have been gaming on PC for 3 decades that I am not a PC person? Don't be silly. Try that nonsense with someone else. You don't know what you are talking about most of the time just like most of the folks on here that just spew nonsense because they read it online.

Don't confuse your ignorance as being knowledgeable. You are scarred former Xbox fanboy that hasn't gotten over your Xbox fanhood and is perpetual bitter like a distress orphan child. 🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Pedro

@pyro1245 said:

@BenjaminBanklin:

The thing that even John is overlooking and it can be due to this fantasy of gaming potential with additional power is that games are designed in concept then executed as a prototype to see if the design in itself is viable. Developers don't evaluate performance of specified hardware first then design the game. The only people that I see making this strange strategy for game development is the people who don't make games. Systems and game mechanics are designed first then its is refined/optimized for the desired platform.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

Firstly you need to get your shit together. You have made multiple false claims about me. I am not sure if your fanaticism is affecting you but know the people you are talking to before making baseless accusations. I don't care or do DF "teats". In fact I don't create much threads in general. So, you may have an obsession with creating DF "teats" or following DF "teats" but don't project that nonsense on me.

Secondly, he sharing the same opinion does not make these incorrect opinions correct. Titanfall and FH2 were scaled down games running on the 360. The games being ports does not remove the fact that they have been scaled down. The game running on different architecture doesn't mean its not scaled down. Do you even know how these things work? Which part of "concessions are made on the weaker hardware" that you are unable understand?

You only recently got into PC gaming about a year now and you are trying to tell me a person who have been gaming on PC for 3 decades that I am not a PC person? Don't be silly. Try that nonsense with someone else. You don't know what you are talking about most of the time just like most of the folks on here that just spew nonsense because they read it online.

Don't confuse your ignorance as being knowledgeable. You are scarred former Xbox fanboy that hasn't gotten over your Xbox fanhood and is perpetual bitter like a distress orphan child. 🤣

Yep, this is the part when you're predictably in full meltdown, and it's always when you get cornered. This is your undoing. You can never admit you're wrong, even when people more knowledgeable than you a subject, like John, are telling you otherwise. I'm not new to PC, Pedro. I don't know how you came to that conclusion. That doesn't even matter. You're not even listening either way about the subject at hand, and you're going into full petulant child mode.

You want to keep telling me this a viable solution for Microsoft, even though they're telling you they want to move forward from the crossplats eventually. Meaning, all this stanning you're doing for them now while they're in crossplat limbo will be for nothing. And you let yourself get blue in the face because you're too proud to be "owned by the cows", or whoever else is your technological arch rival.

I don't know why it's bent you so sideways that MS is doing this strategy, as you and the other Xbox fans seem 100% comfortable with it (as if any of you would protest it). But that's not gonna stop us from calling it out. You wanna buy the damn thing, fine. I'm not convincing you not to get it, but there's a handicap it's going to be sporting and no amount of stamping your feet here is going to change that.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#135 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

They have 2 that i know of, the remake by Bluepoint and the GG game. But... expect less ''exclusives'' next gen. Expect the online game GG are making to be timed exclusive. Last year a Sony boss said they are going to open up their multiplayer games to other platforms. We already have Sony's MLB game going multiplat 2021. So whatever GG are doing KZ5 or new IP expect it to eventually go Xbox PC. TLoU2 will get standalone factions MP game later on, expect it multi as well...

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5869 Posts

@tormentos said:

@Pedro:

No I am not the Xbox one X and Pro are not NEW GEN CONSOLES,they are upgrade ones just like Nintendo did with the 3Ds using a stronger CPU and more memory,but the machines are the same under the same parameters.

And they by no means are consider new gen.

BOTH been the best seller mean shit, neither Sony not MS has best selling games when 3rd party multiplatform games are on the consoles,but again the switch still have unique games.

A games make for the series X or PS5 will run like shit on this gen consoles,at least PS4 and Xbox one S,and is not GPU alone,this consoles have features that last gen consoles lack.

Xbox Series X isn't a new gen console, Microsoft have no plans for new gen.

Just like PC.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44041 Posts

:P

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#138  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56060 Posts

@i_p_daily: Most of what you say is half true. While I can't speak for other PC gamers, I for one do not like the idea of exclusives being locked to a console, but at the same time, if there's a single game I want to play very badly and I need to buy a console to do so, so beat it. Most PC gamers who really want to play a certain game don't mind buying a console to do so, but "asking this game would come to PC" isn't begging, it's more of an annoyance is the word. Signing a Petition is begging.

Just for the record, I do agree what you said, but there's a difference between begging & complaining like what mrbojangles25 is doing, complaining of the exclusive situation.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin: Your assumption that John is more knowledgeable about the topic of game development couldn't be further from the truth. Your obsession to DF when the narrative fits you is to be expected. These are same entities that claim the One X is like a high end PC.😎

You are the person that talks about how much better the Xbox games are on PC but now trying to falsely argue with false backing that Xbox One is going to hold back the Series X, and that there is no reason to buy one yet you are touting your PC experience and was so proud of yourself for upgrading to an RTX.

Now, you are claiming this strategy MS has taken has me "bent sideways" but you are the one who is complaining about it and is actually upset about it. But, it's common behavior for you to project like my President. 🤔 I guess your inner Xbox fanboy so wants the Xbox to "win" that you pretending to not care while actively stalking Xbox news, talking about anytime you get chance and actively playing their games can't hide this. You are probably the most dedicated Xbox fanboy on this site that is in a sad state of denial.

I look forward to more of your outrage and claims of people being punished as you continue your sad obsession with the Xbox.

In the meantime, gamers can enjoy the next Halo with their current hardware, on their PC and the Series X.😁

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

Xbox Series X isn't a new gen console, Microsoft have no plans for new gen.

As we enter a new generation of gaming, we see a future where you’re instantly absorbed in your games - Phil Spencer

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1001 Posts

Has there ever been another console to launch without exclusives for the first 2 years of its cycle? The point of a new console is to play new software built specifically for it, not to play previous gen games. Even if Series X is more powerful than PS5 it might not show because in the end the games underlying framework is built around 2013 Xbox one tech.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@Pedro: Lmao... He definitely has lost his mind. I can't be bothered reading his gibberish anymore. Life's too short.

This is all just damage control from cows who can't handle the rumours of XSX being significantly more powerful than PS5. They're losing sleep over it, and this bullsh*t makes them feel better. Lol.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Your assumption that John is more knowledgeable about the topic of game development couldn't be further from the truth. Your obsession to DF when the narrative fits you is to be expected. These are same entities that claim the One X is like a high end PC.😎

You are the person that talks about how much better the Xbox games are on PC but now trying to falsely argue with false backing that Xbox One is going to hold back the Series X, and that there is no reason to buy one yet you are touting your PC experience and was so proud of yourself for upgrading to an RTX.

Now, you are claiming this strategy MS has taken has me "bent sideways" but you are the one who is complaining about it and is actually upset about it. But, it's common behavior for you to project like my President. 🤔 I guess your inner Xbox fanboy so wants the Xbox to "win" that you pretending to not care while actively stalking Xbox news, talking about anytime you get chance and actively playing their games can't hide this. You are probably the most dedicated Xbox fanboy on this site that is in a sad state of denial.

I look forward to more of your outrage and claims of people being punished as you continue your sad obsession with the Xbox.

In the meantime, gamers can enjoy the next Halo with their current hardware, on their PC and the Series X.😁

John is more knowledgeable in tech matters than you are, and that's a fact. You're just a Xbot having a meltdown and spiraling out of control over the fact that he got owned and the only way you can deal with it is lashing out at everyone per usual. You're trying to paint his statement as mere opinion and yours as a fact, and that's just not the case.

You owned yourself, because you, like the other Xbots, put yourself so far out there for damage control that it ended up burning you. Boners have been worshiping at the holy grail of DF conveniently when the X1X came out as MS tries to cozy up to them as a marketing partner. But, now very predictably go into rage mode when they say something less than favorable about Xbox.

Like clockwork, Pedro. It's become a running gag for you people at this point. Yes I upgraded my hardware. It was going to happen eventually. Games are getting more demanding, and that's a thing that needs to be done if you're going to continue to game on the platform. What would suck is if everyone decided if they were going to dev high-end games with 750s in mind for the next few years. This is what MS is doing. Not making that leap, yet wanting to you to buy a high priced NEW box for it while stifling development of their games. So they can stall for the ones that will eventually take advantage of the hardware. They're leaving you holding the bag. LOL!

MS burned you. man. You can get angry at me and huff and puff all you want. This is one of the biggest Ls the brand can take before the product even rolls out. I look forward to the waves of damage control you're going to cook up for the next two years. 😂

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@Pedro: Lmao... He definitely has lost his mind. I can't be bothered reading his gibberish anymore. Life's too short.

This is all just damage control from cows who can't handle the rumours of XSX being significantly more powerful than PS5. They're losing sleep over it, and this bullsh*t makes them feel better. Lol.

HYUKYUKYUK! He lost his mind! Said the guy who's scrambling for damage control with his fellow lems to make sense of the world crashing down around him. 🤣🤣🤣 It doesn't matter if the PS5 was weaker than the XSX, they're introducing next gen games to their new console, Xbox is not. They have failed you, like you failed yourselves. That's gotta sting, yet you're still gonna slave for Xbox anyway. LOL!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

John is more knowledgeable in tech matters than you are, and that's a fact. You're just a Xbot having a meltdown and spiraling out of control over the fact that he got owned and the only way you can deal with it is lashing out at everyone per usual. You're trying to paint his statement as mere opinion and yours as a fact, and that's just not the case.

You owned yourself, because you, like the other Xbots, put yourself so far out there for damage control that it ended up burning you. Boners have been worshiping at the holy grail of DF conveniently when the X1X came out as MS tries to cozy up to them as a marketing partner. But, now very predictably go into rage mode when they say something less than favorable about Xbox.

Like clockwork, Pedro. It's become a running gag for you people at this point. Yes I upgraded my hardware. It was going to happen eventually. Games are getting more demanding, and that's a thing that needs to be done if you're going to continue to game on the platform. What would suck is if everyone decided if they were going to dev high-end games with 750s in mind for the next few years. This is what MS is doing. Not making that leap, yet wanting to you to buy a high priced NEW box for it while stifling development of their games. So they can stall for the ones that will eventually take advantage of the hardware. They're leaving you holding the bag. LOL!

MS burned you. man. You can get angry at me and huff and puff all you want. This is one of the biggest Ls the brand can take before the product even rolls out. I look forward to the waves of damage control you're going to cook up for the next two years. 😂

No, he doesn't. You wouldn't know because you know less than him. 😂

The only person MS has burned in this thread is you. You are the one that is upset about this direction and you tirelessly and with great futility try to project your feelings onto me and others. I am so sorry MS burned you. I am so sorry that the 360 was your first consoles and MS curb stomp you with the Xbox One and you haven't recovered. Message your buddy Phil, he can "console" you. 😂

"I upgraded my hardware. It was going to happen eventually." To play Xbox games. 😂

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

No, he doesn't. You wouldn't know because you know less than him. 😂

The only person MS has burned in this thread is you. You are the one that is upset about this direction and you tirelessly and with great futility try to project your feelings onto me and others. I am so sorry MS burned you. I am so sorry that the 360 was your first consoles and MS curb stomp you with the Xbox One and you haven't recovered. Message your buddy Phil, he can "console" you. 😂

"I upgraded my hardware. It was going to happen eventually." To play Xbox games. 😂

I can't believe I was destroyed by Benji and Digital Foundry all in one day. How could this happen to me?!
I can't believe I was destroyed by Benji and Digital Foundry all in one day. How could this happen to me?!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin: You really trying hard but to hide the fact that this news upsets you more than anyone else and that you can't handle being ignorant on the topic.😂

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

@BenjaminBanklin: You really trying hard but to hide the fact that this news upsets you more than anyone else and that you can't handle being ignorant on the topic.😂

Yes, I'm VERY upset I'm not buying a console that's going to depend on crossplats for the next two years. That makes PERFECT sense, Pedro. You're very smart.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Yes, I'm VERY upset I'm not buying a console that's going to depend on crossplats for the next two years. That makes PERFECT sense, Pedro. You're very smart.

I know you are upset. Thank you for confirming. Now its time for you to get over it. You can play your Xbox games on your PC while stalking Phil on twitter. 😂

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

I know you are upset. Thank you for confirming. Now its time for you to get over it. You can play your Xbox games on your PC while stalking Phil on twitter. 😂

Man, how does Xbox keep losing when they have wise people you on their side? It makes no sense. You're full of great knowledge and totally not a defeated troll grasping on to any reason to justify this brand. Who wouldn't want to join this gang of winners?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10612 Posts

@hrt_rulz01:

But if the shoe was on the other foot......