PS4's 50% More Powerful than Xbone

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#252  Edited By Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

Would be nice if you guys edited your posts so there isn't quote towers in this thread.

• Do NOT have more than four quotes in your post (quote pyramids).
System Wars Survival Guide Quick Rules
razu2444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#253  Edited By razu2444
Member since 2010 • 820 Posts

@sam890:

in this case it does hermit...

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

@razu2444 said:

@sam890:

in this case it does hermit...

It's okay, maybe next gen you'll be able to achieve 1080p and 60fps.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@tormentos said:

No gen will be powerful enough don't you freaking get it.? Tell me the xbox 360 was even close to a pair of 7900TGX on SLI.?

The PS4 and xbox one could have launch with a R9 290,still there are stronger GPU,and even if there wasn't on PC you can hook up 2 or more R9 290 and still the PS4 and xbox one would be beat,there is no beating PC when it comes to hardware period.

If only in the last 3 years games become stale graphically to you then you are the problem they have been looking better on PC since 2006.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-xbox-360-versus-pc/1100-6147028/

Stop been a hypocrite the only reason why you shield your self on PC now is because the PS4 eat your precious xbox one.

You still don't get it, are you slow or something? It's not about PC standards. My graphics card isn't even high end, but at least I can upgrade it when I want a year or so down the line. I'm not limited to it for the next 8 years.

I don't care how much more powerful the PC is, I care how weak the consoles are. There is a clear distinction there.

I then said I chose the X1, because although they were obviously weak the Kinect at least indicated the console was going to be more than just about hardware performance. But when they dropped Kinect, that's when I decided to jump ship. These consoles aren't good enough to go hardware performance

And the PS4 doesn't even look vastly better than the X1 to me. Because unlike most here, I have NEVER eaten the hype about the hardware of the X1 or PS4.

Here IS the truth; that is what you want it to be about isn't it, that's what you'd love it to be about. You're just pissed you can't gloat because instead of sticking around, I moved on. And you wish I did it because of your reason, which is why you don't want to accept what I tell you.

Well that's just pathetic. I'm not being hypocritical, you are being pathetic and petty, you want me to stick around because you want this to be about some system war, well it's not, I don't base decisions on SWs in real life.

You need to deal with this thing you have, maybe you take this place way too seriously, idk.

Your argument's ARE quite conflicting though.

The bold in your post, man, where do I even start.

"Well that's just pathetic. I'm not being hypocritical, you are being pathetic and petty"

If you are a PC gamer now why would you be coming in a thread dedicated to the power difference between two consoles trying to dismiss the advantage held by one over the other, just because you NOW game on PC? Since, as you say...

"I moved on"

Let's look at your chain of conflicting thoughts here:

"I care how weak the consoles are."

"I then said I chose the X1,"

Then...

" I decided to jump ship"

" My graphics card isn't even high end"...but "I care how weak the consoles are."

next...

PS4 doesn't even look vastly better than the X1 to me. ..but " My graphics card isn't even high end"

Finally..

" you want me to stick around because you want this to be about some system war" but "I care how weak the consoles are."???

So, torm is the reason why you are here in this thread arguing about PS4's power advantage over XB1?

" I moved on"

Tha'ts the funniest part of your whole spill. That right there is an example of being hypocritical and petty smh. PS4 does have a factual advantage over XB1, but if you've moved on why do you continue to cry about the fact that people bring it up.

"I moved on"

Really? So you agree you don't have an argument is this thread if you simply want to say say PC has more powerful hardware than consoles because that is not the discussion, and you've clearly "moved on".

As torm pointed out, PC has always had some solution to have more powerful hardware than what consoles can deliver, they are fixed hardware DUH this isn't new stuff here (it's not even exclusive to this gen nor has more powerful PC argument ever meant anything when comparing consoles).

Finally, PC games right now don't 'look' much better than current consoles at this stage, so it realy renders your whole argument about PS4 not looking vastly better than XB1 pointless if you admit your PC isn't high end.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8057 Posts

I'm still waiting to see this 50% difference show up on actual TV screens while I'm playing actual retail games.. because, so far, all we have is trivial fanboy fuel from Digital Foundry.. if you ask a normal (non-fanboy) gamer who is unaware of any under-the-hood differences between the consoles to take a look at a multiplatform game like Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4, Wolfenstein, or etc on the Xbox One and then the PS4 on a 52" HDTV from a normal playing distance, he'd say that they look basically the same..

"looks basically the same" =/= "50% more powerful" in my eyes.. and honestly, I don't care about the PS4 being 50% more powerful than the Xbox One if the end results are trivial differences in visuals that I need Digital Foundry to inform me about.. if that's all the PS4 can offer, I'll stay satisfied with the "looks basically the same" graphics of the Xbox One coupled with all the additional capabilities, features, and options that it has over the PS4 in terms of multimedia, multitasking, and apps..

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8057 Posts

@Wasdie said:

@SambaLele said:

Fallacy. The gap wasn't as big as now. There is much to consider here, for example, the difference showed in graphics in the start, middle and end of last gen, how it evolved, and why it changed like that. It all revolves around the almost similar strenght of both consoles, with one being a lot harder to code for. Now there is no room for such an evolution on just one part of the competition: optimization on both consoles will only maintain the distance, since it comes down to the hardware more than the coding now that they are designed so similarly.

And from last gen to this one, more third party studios went multiplat, like Bungie, Kojima Productions, Insomniac, etc. So multiplats are more an issue than before.

There's no such thing as equaling generations, they are not the same, the market is not the same. If you want to compare like that, you have to take into consideration what changed and remained the same, you speak like nothing changed on the market, and like the gap is like the one we had before.

The gap between the PS3 and 360 was different than the PS4/Xbox One. Here you simply get higher resolutions and higher framerates on one over the other. The gap between the PS3 and 360 was much deeper and thus provided for a large subset of differences between the PS3 and 360 versions of games. There is a reason a lot of games were buggier on the PS3 than they were on the 360. This simply is not the case anymore given how similar the architectures of the PS4 and Xbox One are. Game design and rendering techniques aren't going to change much between the platforms.

The distance between the two here isn't huge either. More horsepower doesn't really matter when it comes down to it. The PS4 and Xbox One have the same rendering capabilities (not power, they can run the same kind of algorithms but the PS4's GPU can perform better) as they have the same type of GPU with practically the same hardware. This isn't like the PS3 vs. 360 with one having a unified shader GPU and the other relying on cores from the CPU to make up for the lack of a modern pipeline in the GPU. Basically rendering effects and algorithms between the two (PS4/One) differ on an API level, not a hardware level like before.

You're overestimating this small power gap in the larger picture. Most of the reason the PS4 is doing better than the Xbox One has been across the world is due to Microsoft's poorer offering in terms of price, feature, and markets. They are slowly fixing these things but it will take them awhile. If the Xbox One didn't have all of the negative press surrounding DRM and used games as well as launched at $400 like the PS4, the gap in sales would be much smaller and there is a possible the Xbox One could be selling better.

This is because the common gamer doesn't give a shit if another version of that game plays at 180 more pixels vertically and a slightly smoother FPS. They care about if they can play the game at all. Fanboys on the internet would have you believe a small framerate difference and resolution difference that is only noticeable if you can directly compare the two versions has a huge effect on the outcome. This is incorrect.

The gap between the two won't have anything to do with the design of the games and will have a lot less of an impact on the quality of games like the gap between the PS3 and 360 did last gen. We'll just see the PS4 version of games have a slightly higher FPS and resolution. Any contrast, AA, AF, and color difference is going to be more associated with the differences of APIs between the PS4 and Xbox One. OpenGL does certain things a bit better than DirectX and DirectX does other things better than OpenGL.

So far what we've seen is exactly what we'll keep seeing. Games that look nearly identical with fanboys having to do a direct comparison to see the differences. This means the difference is so small the average person won't care. It's going to be much more important for Sony and Microsoft to constantly work to offer a better product and service than their competitor. The hardware has little to do with this at this point. Both consoles can do modern rendering to a high level of fidelity relative to their price point and features. The gap between the two serves as nothing more than forum debate for fanboys.

well said, sir.. well said..

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#258  Edited By f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts

@Gue1 said:

You guys remember that statement? Well, it was all the true and now we have the cold hard facts.

That statement was always based on the GPU's FLOP capabilities.. this is just a demonstration of it and not even a real one

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#259  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@tormentos said:

No gen will be powerful enough don't you freaking get it.? Tell me the xbox 360 was even close to a pair of 7900TGX on SLI.?

The PS4 and xbox one could have launch with a R9 290,still there are stronger GPU,and even if there wasn't on PC you can hook up 2 or more R9 290 and still the PS4 and xbox one would be beat,there is no beating PC when it comes to hardware period.

If only in the last 3 years games become stale graphically to you then you are the problem they have been looking better on PC since 2006.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-xbox-360-versus-pc/1100-6147028/

Stop been a hypocrite the only reason why you shield your self on PC now is because the PS4 eat your precious xbox one.

You still don't get it, are you slow or something? It's not about PC standards. My graphics card isn't even high end, but at least I can upgrade it when I want a year or so down the line. I'm not limited to it for the next 8 years.

I don't care how much more powerful the PC is, I care how weak the consoles are. There is a clear distinction there.

I then said I chose the X1, because although they were obviously weak the Kinect at least indicated the console was going to be more than just about hardware performance. But when they dropped Kinect, that's when I decided to jump ship. These consoles aren't good enough to go hardware performance

And the PS4 doesn't even look vastly better than the X1 to me. Because unlike most here, I have NEVER eaten the hype about the hardware of the X1 or PS4.

Here IS the truth; that is what you want it to be about isn't it, that's what you'd love it to be about. You're just pissed you can't gloat because instead of sticking around, I moved on. And you wish I did it because of your reason, which is why you don't want to accept what I tell you.

Well that's just pathetic. I'm not being hypocritical, you are being pathetic and petty, you want me to stick around because you want this to be about some system war, well it's not, I don't base decisions on SWs in real life.

You need to deal with this thing you have, maybe you take this place way too seriously, idk.

Your argument's ARE quite conflicting though.

The bold in your post, man, where do I even start.

"Well that's just pathetic. I'm not being hypocritical, you are being pathetic and petty"

If you are a PC gamer now why would you be coming in a thread dedicated to the power difference between two consoles trying to dismiss the advantage held by one over the other, just because you NOW game on PC? Since, as you say...

-

Because it's SWs, not console wars, and I Came in with a joke, because console gamers love to make this forum about them.

-

"I moved on"

Let's look at your chain of conflicting thoughts here:

"I care how weak the consoles are."

"I then said I chose the X1,"

Then...

" I decided to jump ship"

" My graphics card isn't even high end"...but "I care how weak the consoles are."

-

Can't you read? I said I care how weak the consoles are over the long term, and I can upgrade in the short term. Why would I go into PC gaming with a high end card, I have to make sure I like it first and I do.

-

next...

PS4 doesn't even look vastly better than the X1 to me. ..but " My graphics card isn't even high end"

-

Out of context and you're own point is conflicted there, difference is, the X1/PS4 is here for the next 8 years, my own graphics card choice is for 1 or 2 AT MOST.

-

Finally..

" you want me to stick around because you want this to be about some system war" but "I care how weak the consoles are."???

-

Let me rephrase you lemon. You want to to stay a console gamer because of system wars when I don't agree with how they were designed considering their target is to be about power performance.

The current gen consoles other than the Wii U are about hardware performance but can't put their money where their mouth is, so I tried out the PC. System Wars reason is staying a lem till death for the sake of this place. I don't see you people criticising people who jumped from a X360 lem to a PS4 owner this gen.

-

So, torm is the reason why you are here in this thread arguing about PS4's power advantage over XB1?

" I moved on"

-

Actually I was in here probably before him you moron, he was the one who took, my joke seriously. And he's been on my ass for about 10 threads.

-

Tha'ts the funniest part of your whole spill. That right there is an example of being hypocritical and petty smh. PS4 does have a factual advantage over XB1, but if you've moved on why do you continue to cry about the fact that people bring it up.

"I moved on"

-

HE'S THE ONE THAT KEEPS GETTING ON MY ASS YOU IDIOT. This is system wars, you do realise that don't you, I don't go over to the PC and start holding hand with gamers dancing round in the meadows.

-

Really? So you agree you don't have an argument is this thread if you simply want to say say PC has more powerful hardware than consoles because that is not the discussion, and you've clearly "moved on".

-

SWs, you twat, sometimes you guys need to be reminded it's not console wars as much as you'd love it to be. I've been there, you guys are sly about trying to act like the PC doesn't count in SWs.

-

As torm pointed out, PC has always had some solution to have more powerful hardware than what consoles can deliver, they are fixed hardware DUH this isn't new stuff here (it's not even exclusive to this gen nor has more powerful PC argument ever meant anything when comparing consoles).

-

I've explained my position on that, the difference is, he's trying to push his scenario on me. You need to read what I say properly before calling it out.

-

Finally, PC games right now don't 'look' much better than current consoles at this stage, so it realy renders your whole argument about PS4 not looking vastly better than XB1 pointless if you admit your PC isn't high end.

-

That wasn't an arguement, can't you read, it was my opinion, I haven't seen much to prove the cows arguments that it is vastly more powerful. I'm not talking about specs, I'm going by what I see, nothing looks a whole lot better. You guys have been eating hype convinced about some huge difference. And to prove my point, I didn't even argue the difference between 360 and PS3 games last gen either either.

Again you fail because I'm talking about the long term. Unlike consoles, in the next couple of years, some exciting stuff is happening on the PC (new Nvidia, AMD architectures, new APIs etc), new technology which will have a big impact on the low to mid range of PC graphics cards which will start to drift from the consoles and that's the areas developers focus on the gap will grow there and then at all areas.

Firstly you're cherry picking and quoting out of context, like with my comments about the PC and my graphics card without considering what else I say about that. Don't do it, it's stupid. Since I've respond to all of that. You keep qouting "I've moved on" when the point is he hasn't since he keep bringing me up.

Secondly, don't get involved in this one, this has been going on far too long between me and him, he's been on my ass for far to many threads, you want to get involved, read through it all properly otherwise your missing the contexts, this isn't about cows and lems anymore, he's going too far continually calling me out on something which is none of his business.

He doesn't want me to be a hypocrite because I brought up the PC. He's bitter I decided to no longer be a lem this gen and move on. Why because I move on am I suddenly supposed to be the cows friend? This is SWs as in lems Vs Cows Vs Herms Vs Sheep.

The truth is he's calling me a hypocrite for a scenario he invented that has nothing to do with me, while not accepting my opinions or the variables into consideration, because it's convenient for his own arguments.

You want to get involved, search through all the threads and read all our back and forths.

The only way you guys get to call me a lem is if I go back to the Xbox next gen, but right now I have legitimately moved on and am even considering getting rid of my X1. I don't have to prove myself, time will prove whether I maintain my position with the PC. It's none of the cows business what I do so being butthurt and bitter that I'm not sticking around isn't doing you any favours.

Honestly, this is proof that you guys dismiss the PC and treat it differently. If it was another console I moved on to, I wouldn't keep getting called out for my motivation in moving across, but because it's the PC I have to have special documentations and certificates to be able to move on to the new platform? No this gen I've decided I don't like what MS and Sony are offering. As my analogy suggest, this isn't a sports team, I don't have to stick with them through thick and thin, if I'm not happy I have the right to move on. Do I have to earn the right to play on the PC?

If you're going to go on at me about this, you also have to go on at ANYONE who moved on to the PS4 this gen, because it's the same thing, they must be hypocrites because the PS3 was more powerful and had the games etc etc etc. So why do they have the right to jump over now right?

If you want to call me a lem from now on, you're going to have to prove it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@MK-Professor said:

My pc (in today value it definitely don't even cost more than $900 not sure where the 450% more expensive come from), and also my two HD7950 OC(450% more TFlops than PS4) back then it cost me slightly more than the PS4.

I already argue that with you and by the time you bough those GPU they were more than $350 dollars each so we are talking ab out $700 dollars just in GPU alone.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 tormentos

@Antwan3K said:

I'm still waiting to see this 50% difference show up on actual TV screens while I'm playing actual retail games.. because, so far, all we have is trivial fanboy fuel from Digital Foundry.. if you ask a normal (non-fanboy) gamer who is unaware of any under-the-hood differences between the consoles to take a look at a multiplatform game like Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4, Wolfenstein, or etc on the Xbox One and then the PS4 on a 52" HDTV from a normal playing distance, he'd say that they look basically the same..

"looks basically the same" =/= "50% more powerful" in my eyes.. and honestly, I don't care about the PS4 being 50% more powerful than the Xbox One if the end results are trivial differences in visuals that I need Digital Foundry to inform me about.. if that's all the PS4 can offer, I'll stay satisfied with the "looks basically the same" graphics of the Xbox One coupled with all the additional capabilities, features, and options that it has over the PS4 in terms of multimedia, multitasking, and apps..

And you will die waiting because 50% more power doesn't translate into 50% better visuals,and that is the problems lemming like you have,again the 7950 has more than 100% more power than the 7770 yet it doesn't translate into more than 100% better graphics,it translate into 100% better performance,which the PS4 has prove to do against the xbox one.

20FPS and 30FPS advantages over the xbox one is more than 50% performance boost.

No matter what the xbox one and PS4 are gaming consoles the Ps4 runs gamers better period.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

@Antwan3K said:

Actually, no. Read the rest of the conversation. He didn't even reply answer #181. That's just the elaborated version of his first fallacy.

ZombeGoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 ZombeGoast
Member since 2010 • 437 Posts

You guys can argue all you want, neither system can't keep a locked 60fps.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

@ZombeGoast said:

X1 launch game FM5 1080p 60 fps Locked.... Now the other consoles, you may have a point.

The Power of One. :P

ZombeGoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 ZombeGoast

@SecretPolice said:

@ZombeGoast said:

X1 launch game FM5 1080p 60 fps Locked.... Now the other consoles, you may have a point.

It drops to 30fps in pre-races and replays so its not locked.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 SecretPolice

@ZombeGoast said:

@SecretPolice said:

@ZombeGoast said:

Sheesh I've heard it all, Game play is where 60 fps counts and FM5 delivered.

ZombeGoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 ZombeGoast

@SecretPolice said:

@ZombeGoast said:

@SecretPolice said:

@ZombeGoast said:

Sheesh I've heard it all, Game play is where 60 fps counts and FM5 delivered.

Ok then, If only more games are like that if they don't mind sacrificing IQ.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 SecretPolice

@ZombeGoast:

Firstly, me mentioning FM5 launching 1080P 60 fps was to contend with that SW group that just hates to hear it. :P

Now, if by saying sacrificing IQ was directed at FM5 well, you've never played it because it's physics scream next gen. driver avatars and all.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#273 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Suppaman100 said:

@b4x said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@b4x said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@freedomfreak said:

I've yet to see that 50% though.

The Order and Uncharted 4 look good. Better graphics than anything shown on XB1 imo. And don't multiplats show those differences? Like Tomb Raider?

/thread

I say bullshit - especially since the "XBoxOne" logo is pixelated. This is what the difference looks like.

You people are sad.

You could be right, the logo of Xbone is indeed vague.

Still won't change the fact that TR runs at 60fps on PS4, the game does not on Xbone.

Thus yet more evidence that PS4 is indeed A LOT stronger than Xbone.

You really couldn't see that when you posted that Photoshop?

B4X making a fool out of himself once again.

I didn't post that picture genius.

You quoted it and said /thread

Mirror says hi. /dumbass

Stop digging a hole for yourself.

Let me quote you: "You really couldn't see that when you posted that Photoshop?"

As you see I did not post that picture, scottpsfan14 posted that picture, I quoted the picture.

Try again fool.

/dumbass

/thread

Ah but you did buy it when you said /thread. Am I correct?

Any way, who gives a ****?

fact is, PS4 is 50% more powerful than XB1.

Do with that what you will lems.

It's not 50% more powerful. How may times does this need to be debunked?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 tormentos

@SecretPolice said:

MGS5 is 1080p 60FPS lock with dynamic skies.

COD ghost was 1080p 60FPS both games where 720p on xbox one.

@FastRobby said:

It could run games better, it has the capabilities (hardware) to run them better. Except for aliens with superb eyesight we haven't really seen much difference, sometimes in textures, but those can go both ways... Thief looked better on Xbox One for example. And if we have to believe Bungie, Destiny will look exactly the same on PS4 and Xbox One. So you might have 50% more power, it doesn't matter if you can't see it... In the future it will be completely irrelevant

You haven't seen much difference because you are as lemming,1080p looks sharper than 720p and 50 60FPS is smoother than 30FPS.

No thief doesn't look better on xbox one,it lack parallax mapping,it runs at slower frames and lower resolution,the PS4 version suffer from streaming problems which was also proven to happen on xbox one as well and the xbox one version has problems with shadows.

It was a total moron the one on DF who declare the xbox one version the best one,and he was the same guy who claim NFS on xbox one had HBAO while the PS4 lack it,which had to correct it when EA team contacted him and told him that it was the other way around and that it was the PS4 version the one with HBAO while the xbox one version uses a different process.

Holding back the PS4 isn't the same as been on par,just because bungie wanted the closes experience between all platforms doesn't mean they are on par,Bungie just drove the PS4 version into xbox one level and leave it there.

@SecretPolice said:

@ZombeGoast:

Firstly, me mentioning FM5 launching 1080P 60 fps was to contend with that SW group that just hates to hear it. :P

Now, if by saying sacrificing IQ was directed at FM5 well, you've never played it because it's physics scream next gen. driver avatars and all.

Games are not just compose of physics,the effects were sh** baked car damage,baked lighting,no dynamic weather,no day to nigh changes,in fact it was compare with screen face to face with Forza 4 and Forza 4 actually in some parts looked better.

Lets not forget about Forza 5 cardboard people after the game was demo on E3 with real 3d models of people,they sacrifice everything to achieve 60FPS.

@FastRobby said:

Mostly not when you start comparing it with real high-end PC's

And another lemming hide on PC...hahahaha

@StormyJoe said:

20 to 30FPS more, is more than 50% power advantage,compare the 7770 to the 7950,you get frame boost on games basically nothing more,just because something is 50% more powerful doesn't mean you will see 50% better graphics 720p vs 1080p is more than 100% more pixels,30 vs 60FPS is 100% more frames.

The PS4 has this 2 advantage over the xbox one already so yeah the gap is even bigger than i predicted.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 SecretPolice

@tormentos:

Does dat powahhouse PS Bore have an Exclusive yet that runs 1080P 60 fps? I truly don't know but The One does right from launch which no other console can claim. :o

I suppose from that I can infer that X1 is 50% mooaar powahful right from the get go eh. :P

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By SambaLele

@StormyJoe said:

Debunked?

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#278  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

now the argument has been reduced to: "but btut i can't see difference!". lol

more spin and denial has never been seen on this board. XD

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#279 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

@tormentos said:

@MK-Professor said:

My pc (in today value it definitely don't even cost more than $900 not sure where the 450% more expensive come from), and also my two HD7950 OC(450% more TFlops than PS4) back then it cost me slightly more than the PS4.

I already argue that with you and by the time you bough those GPU they were more than $350 dollars each so we are talking ab out $700 dollars just in GPU alone.

£230 for one HD7950 18 months before the ps4 release date, £400 for PS4 and £460 for two HD7950, as you can see slightly more expensive for significant more performance, and also 18 mounths before the ps4 release. (right now two R9 280 cost less than a PS4)

As I said my PC is not even cost more than $900 and it performs more than 4 times better than ps4 (I mean I play all my games at 2560x1440, 60fps, max settings, while PS4 1080p or 900p 30fps and not even high settings that is low-end GPU performance right there). not to mention that I use my PC primarily for other things besides gaming. If I was a console gamer I will still had to pay for one console + a mediocre PC for my work + other staff.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#280  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@f50p90 said:

@Gue1 said:

You guys remember that statement? Well, it was all the true and now we have the cold hard facts.

That statement was always based on the GPU's FLOP capabilities.. this is just a demonstration of it and not even a real one

Here is another different benchmark done by: Rad Game Tools in video decoding.

• PS4: CPU 2.3 ms. GPU: 1.6 ms.
  • Xbox: CPU 2.3 ms. GPU: 2.3 ms.

http://gamingbolt.com/new-benchmark-results-show-ps4s-gpu-is-faster-than-xbox-one-can-play-4k-video-frames-faster#W1SiTiRqMUhWis5J.99

No way to spin it bro.

Even of it's just the GPU is still 50% because GPU is the most important thing for games anyway. Soon there will be bigger improvements with GPGPU, something the xbone can't do without giving up important CU's used for render. Because xbone's only has 12 (769) while the PS4 has 18 (1152). This will turn into huge gains in performance, like frame-rate on PS4.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 tormentos

@MK-Professor said:

£230 for one HD7950 18 months before the ps4 release date, £400 for PS4 and £460 for two HD7950, as you can see slightly more expensive for significant more performance, and also 18 mounths before the ps4 release. (right now two R9 280 cost less than a PS4)

As I said my PC is not even cost more than $900 and it performs more than 4 times better than ps4 (I mean I play all my games at 2560x1440, 60fps, max settings, while PS4 1080p or 900p 30fps and not even high settings that is low-end GPU performance right there). not to mention that I use my PC primarily for other things besides gaming. If I was a console gamer I will still had to pay for one console + a mediocre PC for my work + other staff.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/pc-components/graphics-cards/amd-radeon-hd-7950-1058628/review

That card was 350 pounds in UK,2 months after it release it wasn't 230 pounds you freaking liar..

Oh and the PS4 wasn't 400 pound either you blind biased hermit,it was 349 pounds.

Go lie else where troll,like i say i already have this argument with you and already prove you wrong,your 2 cards were 700 pounds both,and that is in GPU alone is 100% higher price than the PS4 just in GPU.

Pretending PC is cheap doesn't make it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282  Edited By tormentos

@FastRobby said:

I stopped here. First I'm not a lemming, second, Crytek already has proven that 900p can be better than 1080p, but have fun believing otherwise with your shitty textures

Well you made it further than i did because i stopped on that bold part..

No Crytek prove that the can make a constricted corridor like 3rd person hack and slash,with almost no place to move,and nothing to explore but that even been that way it could not hit 1080p like they wanted and didn't even have lock 30FPS..lol

Infamous 1080p 30FPS+ open world >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ryse.

@SecretPolice said:

@tormentos:

Does dat powahhouse PS Bore have an Exclusive yet that runs 1080P 60 fps? I truly don't know but The One does right from launch which no other console can claim. :o

I suppose from that I can infer that X1 is 50% mooaar powahful right from the get go eh. :P

Does dat weaksauce xbox one has a multiplatform that is 1080p 60FPS.? I truly don't know but the PS4 does right from launch which no other console can claim...

I suppose from that i can infer that teh PS4 is 100% mooaar powahful right from the get go eh. :p

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#284  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@SambaLele said:

@Antwan3K said:

Actually, no. Read the rest of the conversation. He didn't even reply answer #181. That's just the elaborated version of his first fallacy.

"Fallacy". Please learn what that means before throwing it out in an argument. Unless you can somehow prove that my reasoning is unfounded or illogical in any way which would undermine my argument (which you didn't), it's not a fallacy.

You have your opinion, I have mine. You can disagree with me all you want but don't be throwing out words that discredit my belief without throwing some real proof that I'm wrong my way first. Your opinion isn't better than mine because you use a word like fallacy as the start of your argument.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 SecretPolice

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

I stopped here. First I'm not a lemming, second, Crytek already has proven that 900p can be better than 1080p, but have fun believing otherwise with your shitty textures

Well you made it further than i did because i stopped on that bold part..

No Crytek prove that the can make a constricted corridor like 3rd person hack and slash,with almost no place to move,and nothing to explore but that even been that way it could not hit 1080p like they wanted and didn't even have lock 30FPS..lol

Infamous 1080p 30FPS+ open world >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ryse.

@SecretPolice said:

@tormentos:

Does dat weaksauce xbox one has a multiplatform that is 1080p 60FPS.? I truly don't know but the PS4 does right from launch which no other console can claim...

I suppose from that i can infer that teh PS4 is 100% mooaar powahful right from the get go eh. :p

C'mon, everybody knows it's all about Exclusives and MS 1st party are the ones that know how to utilize the eSram, SecretSauce,cloud etc. so ATM, lets just agree it's dah lazy 3rd party devs but they'll catch up by this time next year where the multi's will be best on The One and obviously we agree the 1st party games will leave The Bore in the dust with it's old style off the shelf tech best left in the past. :P

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 StormyJoe

@SambaLele said:

@StormyJoe said:

Debunked?

Are you asking me for the definition of the word?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 StormyJoe

@tormentos: No it's not.

ZombeGoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 ZombeGoast

Why am I seeing Tomb Raider when it can barely keep a steady 45fps during actions and look worse than the PC version?

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289  Edited By SambaLele

@StormyJoe said:

@SambaLele said:

@StormyJoe said:

Debunked?

Maybe, since I don't know how you understand that to be debunked. If anyone thinks the available proofs don't confirm the specific gap of 50%, then the argument is lack of proof, and not proof on the contrary.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 StormyJoe

@SambaLele said:

@StormyJoe said:

@SambaLele said:

@StormyJoe said:

Debunked?

Maybe, since I don't know how you understand that to be debunked. If anyone thinks there're no proofs to a specifical gap of 50%, then the argument is lack of proof, and not proof on the contrary.

The GPU is 50% more powerful. The GPU is one part of a console, not the whole thing.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 StormyJoe

@scottpsfan14 said:
@StormyJoe said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Suppaman100 said:

@b4x said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@b4x said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@freedomfreak said:

I've yet to see that 50% though.

The Order and Uncharted 4 look good. Better graphics than anything shown on XB1 imo. And don't multiplats show those differences? Like Tomb Raider?

/thread

I say bullshit - especially since the "XBoxOne" logo is pixelated. This is what the difference looks like.

You people are sad.

You could be right, the logo of Xbone is indeed vague.

Still won't change the fact that TR runs at 60fps on PS4, the game does not on Xbone.

Thus yet more evidence that PS4 is indeed A LOT stronger than Xbone.

You really couldn't see that when you posted that Photoshop?

B4X making a fool out of himself once again.

I didn't post that picture genius.

You quoted it and said /thread

Mirror says hi. /dumbass

Stop digging a hole for yourself.

Let me quote you: "You really couldn't see that when you posted that Photoshop?"

As you see I did not post that picture, scottpsfan14 posted that picture, I quoted the picture.

Try again fool.

/dumbass

/thread

Ah but you did buy it when you said /thread. Am I correct?

Any way, who gives a ****?

fact is, PS4 is 50% more powerful than XB1.

Do with that what you will lems.

Well go ahead and 'debunk' once more then. Give me sources that PS4 is not around about 50% more powerful than XB1.

No one has ever given a link that says the PS4 is "50% more powerful", just that the GPU is. So, it's debunked. Go find some articles that say "The PS4 is 50% more powerful than XB1" where they aren't talking about the GPU, and I will be the first to say I am incorrect.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By tormentos

@FastRobby said:

I thought you stopped reading :s Classic Tormentos, lying again...

Infamous look better,runs at 1080p over 30FPS and is open world,unlike Ryse.

@StormyJoe said:

Yes it is find me what is the difference between the 7770 and 7870..lol the 7870 has double the flops as the 7770 yet all it does is have more frames per second period on the same settings.

So yeah 20 to 30 FPS more is more than 50% performance advantage.

@ZombeGoast said:

Why am I seeing Tomb Raider when it can barely keep a steady 45fps during actions and look worse than the PC version?

Is average 50 on PS4.

@scottpsfan14 said:

Well go ahead and 'debunk' once more then. Give me sources that PS4 is not around about 50% more powerful than XB1.

Man trim your replies and eliminate the closterfu** of quotes.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 StormyJoe

@scottpsfan14 said:
@StormyJoe said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

No one has ever given a link that says the PS4 is "50% more powerful", just that the GPU is. So, it's debunked. Go find some articles that say "The PS4 is 50% more powerful than XB1" where they aren't talking about the GPU, and I will be the first to say I am incorrect.

Considering that the CPU is roughly the same, and the amount of ram apart from being more than twice as fast on PS4, and the GPU being 50% more powerful, games translate to being 50% better performance. Because the GPU is the defining factor when it comes to games. And if everything else is the same or better, game graphics can be accurately described by the GPU alone. So PS4 is 50% more powerful.

The GPU is one part of the hardware of a console. Performance is dictated by all facets of hardware and software (API & OS), the ratio in which one piece is more powerful does not equate to overall performance. It's like saying "Car A has 20% more HP than Car B, so it must be 20% faster" - that is not a true statement.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297  Edited By StormyJoe

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

I thought you stopped reading :s Classic Tormentos, lying again...

Infamous look better,runs at 1080p over 30FPS and is open world,unlike Ryse.

@StormyJoe said:

Yes it is find me what is the difference between the 7770 and 7870..lol the 7870 has double the flops as the 7770 yet all it does is have more frames per second period on the same settings.

So yeah 20 to 30 FPS more is more than 50% performance advantage.

@ZombeGoast said:

Is average 50 on PS4.

@scottpsfan14 said:

Man trim your replies and eliminate the closterfu** of quotes.

The GPU is not the sole measuring stick of a console's performance, and you know it. I am not saying that the PS4's GPU is, at least on paper, 50% more powerful. I am saying that the GPU is one of many aspects to overall console performance; and using just GPU numbers to determine one console's strength over another is fallacious.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298  Edited By SambaLele

@StormyJoe said:

@SambaLele said:

Maybe, since I don't know how you understand that to be debunked. If anyone thinks there're no proofs to a specifical gap of 50%, then the argument is lack of proof, and not proof on the contrary.

The GPU is 50% more powerful. The GPU is one part of a console, not the whole thing.

So, the GPU gap is factual. But it's not enough to get a complete picture of the actual gap. Is that the proof for refutal? You affirmed that the 50% gap was debunked.

The argument you provided again is that only the GPU is not proof enough. That's not proof on the contrary. You'd be correct if you say "that may not be so, because we must look into the other parts of both consoles".

And then you'd know, after comparing other hardware aspects, both consoles shortcomings that would hinder the possibility of geting the most out of their potentials, all that coming from their theoretical potentials. Yes, the GPU is not the whole thing. But you can't debunk something based on lack of proof + looking at only one of two things being compared.

ZombeGoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299  Edited By ZombeGoast

@tormentos said:

@ZombeGoast said:

Is average 50 on PS4.

In no way does it average 50fps when there are section that drops it to the low 30s.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 StormyJoe

@SambaLele said:

@StormyJoe said:

@SambaLele said:

So, the GPU gap is factual. But it's not enough to get a complete picture of the actual gap. Is that the proof for refutal? You affirmed that the 50% gap was debunked.

The argument you provided again is that only the GPU is not proof enough. That's not proof on the contrary. You'd be correct if you say "that may not be so, because we must look into the other parts of both consoles".

And then you'd know, after comparing other hardware aspects, both consoles shortcomings that would hinder the possibility of geting the most out of their potentials, all that coming from their theoretical potentials. Yes, the GPU is not the whole thing. But you can't debunk something based on lack of proof + looking at only one of two things being compared.

You can't make a statement of fact with improper facts, either. That's like saying "Werewolves exist because you can't prove they don't."