Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53 kenshiro3948
Member since 2018 • 406 Posts
@xhedon said:

@kenshiro3948: lol what? I owned myself by proving the 360 outsold the PS3? Okie dokie ROFL

Glad I get to play my Pro and X1X daily instead of worshipping a single piece of plastic lol!!

You owned yourself proving the PS4 has outsold the 360 and PS3. You shitty link doesn't provide any data proving the 360 outsold the PS3.

It's common knowledge the 360 came in last and you're in denial lol.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@mariah_eater said:

@ronvalencia: no, it isn't. The XBO doesn't run the entirety of the 360 library, it doesn't even run 50% of the library and it has nothing to do at all with overall sales of the XBO or PS4.

Is not the first time he try to jump into a sales thread and try to act like the xbox 360 still is selling because the xbox one play some xbox 360 games.

He so invested in defending the xbox brand that he will try the most stupid and out of this world arguments just to defend MS and the xbox.

He can't really take the fact that MS lose vs sony,soon he will bring PC as well as he does another time as if MS owned the PC market. lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:
@mariah_eater said:

@ronvalencia: no, it isn't. The XBO doesn't run the entirety of the 360 library, it doesn't even run 50% of the library and it has nothing to do at all with overall sales of the XBO or PS4.

Just as Windows 10 64bit doesn't run 32bit DRM drivers from Windows 7 era, hence breaking these games. There's a reason for VMware Workstation with DirectX11 virtual 3D acceleration.

The xbox is not a PC,is a closed environment. And the xbox one is not the 360.

@xhedon said:

@tormentos: calm down cow alt lol

https://www.destructoid.com/the-ps4-has-finally-overtaken-the-ps3-in-sony-s-latest-financial-report-515027.phtml

As of March 2016, 85 million PS3 units were sold. The PS3 underwent several design changes over its lifetime, including the introduction of the PlayStation 3 Slim and PlayStation 3 Super Slim models.

https://variety.com/2017/digital/news/playstation-3-production-halted-sony-japan-1202012032/

Nice try the PS3 as March 2016 had 85 million sold,and it went on sale for another full year,so yeah it did outsold the xbox 360 which was discontinued in 2016.

Now you can keep crying about not ending 3rd..Hahahaa

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@tgob89 said:
@MonsieurX said:

TIL estimates = official numbers

Quoting VGChartz

lol congrats

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 kenshiro3948
Member since 2018 • 406 Posts
@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@mariah_eater said:

Is not the first time he try to jump into a sales thread and try to act like the xbox 360 still is selling because the xbox one play some xbox 360 games.

He so invested in defending the xbox brand that he will try the most stupid and out of this world arguments just to defend MS and the xbox.

He can't really take the fact that MS lose vs sony,soon he will bring PC as well as he does another time as if MS owned the PC market. lol

I'm Xbox argument is consistent with multiple Windows generation which has broken 32bit DRM drivers on 64bit Windows. You're the stupid cow..

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

Facts, as long Xbox One can run large chunks of Xbox 360 games, it's still Xbox 360 software run-time platform.

You're SHIT.

No that is a fact for your sorry biased ass.

The xbox one is not a 360 and can't even play most 360 games.

No the xbox one runs 360 games by emulation,it doesn't have the xbox 360 runtime environment i have an xbox one and when i turn it on it doesn't turn on like the 360,or boot the 360 environment.

That like claiming that every PC sold on the planet is a PS1,PS2,PS3,xbox360,gamecube,wii,wiiu,ds,3ds,snes,nes,genesis and all the other consoles and arcade hardware because it can emulate those system.

So a PC sold = a Snes sold because PC can emulate Snes.

A PC sold = a PS2 sold because PC can emulate PS2 games.

This ^^ is a bullshit argument from some one who can't handle the fact that a company like sony with less money than MS kick its ass.

For someone who doesn't own an xbox you surely pull some shitty arguments to defend the shitty platform.

You just can't take it that sony is beating MS..lol

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@mariah_eater said:

I'm Xbox argument is consistent with multiple Windows generation which has broken 32bit DRM drivers on 64bit Windows.

Ron, I can't take you seriously these days can I?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

I'm Xbox argument is consistent with multiple Windows generation which has broken 32bit DRM drivers on 64bit Windows.

Furthermore, 3rd party Xbox 360 emulation doesn't even need Xbox OS installation on Windows PC which is different from PS2/PS3/Wii/Wii U emulation. That's how close is Windows PC to Xbox 360 where Windows PC doesn't even need Xbox OS.

You're the stupid cow..

NO is not.

The xbox one wasn't even compatible with the xbox 360 on launch,it was added by emulation,which is why not all games work,you can't take any 360 game and insert it on the xbox one and expect it to work so not is not the same argument,windows always have compatibility moving forward,the xbox one didn't.

I don't care if you want to pretend that windows and the xbox are the same shit,when clearly they are not.

The xbox 360 stopped been manufacture and sold period.

The rest is always damage control on your part because you can't handle to see sony beating MS as your endless defences of the xbox one shitty graphics for 4 years proved.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@kenshiro3948 said:
@xhedon said:

@kenshiro3948: lol what? I owned myself by proving the 360 outsold the PS3? Okie dokie ROFL

Glad I get to play my Pro and X1X daily instead of worshipping a single piece of plastic lol!!

You owned yourself proving the PS4 has outsold the 360 and PS3. You shitty link doesn't provide any data proving the 360 outsold the PS3.

Facts!

Original 360 defect rate was 68 per cent

The factory defect rate for Xbox 360 consoles in August 2005 - four months prior to its US launch - was as high as 68 per cent.

Takahashi's sources claim that Microsoft was well aware of the massive defect rate (although entertainment division boss Robbie Bach has subsequently denied there was any concern about it at the time) and chose to press on with the console's launch anyway.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/original-360-defect-rate-was-68-per-cent

After you sent in your first inevitable RROD to M$ they only gave you a 3 mo warranty with your soon to be RROD replacement system.

Also 3/4 of 360 sales are manufactured through rebuys from the same customers.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

Furthermore, 3rd party Xbox 360 emulation doesn't even need Xbox OS installation on Windows PC which is different from PS2/PS3/Wii/Wii U emulation. That's how close is Windows PC to Xbox 360 where Windows PC doesn't even need Xbox OS.

You're the stupid cow..

NO is not.

The xbox one wasn't even compatible with the xbox 360 on launch,it was added by emulation,which is why not all games work,you can't take any 360 game and insert it on the xbox one and expect it to work so not is not the same argument,windows always have compatibility moving forward,the xbox one didn't.

I don't care if you want to pretend that windows and the xbox are the same shit,when clearly they are not.

The xbox 360 stopped been manufacture and sold period.

The rest is always damage control on your part because you can't handle to see sony beating MS as your endless defences of the xbox one shitty graphics for 4 years proved.

My Xbox argument is consistent with multiple Windows generation which broke 32bit DRM drivers on 64bit Windows.

Windows update improves backward compatibility overtime e.g. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/980846/description-of-an-update-to-the-backward-compatibility-feature-in-wind PC's Windows OS BC improves over time. Backward compatibility with SafeDisc DRM still not fixed.

Xbox 360 emulation without hardware OS dump requirement shows the close relationship between Xbox 360's OS and PC's Windows OS. Major issue with XEX executable format is decoding Xbox 360's DRM.

PC's DirectX 12 makes API bridge with Xbox 360's DirectX 9.X API easier i.e. removes PC's requirement to bundle draw calls and Vulkan API path being neglected.

You can't face the fact MS generating fat $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ from their tactics.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By tormentos

@kenshiro3948 said:

I am used to this king of crap on his part,he really can't take that sony is beating MS in something..Hahahaa

@davillain- said:

Ron, I can't take you seriously these days can I?

Who really can?

There is no one on this place that actually doesn't own an xbox that defend the brand with so much passion and with such stupid arguments.

You haven't seen it all until you see Rondementia trying to argue that the xbox 360 user base keep growing because the xbox one play some xbox 360 games.lol

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/xbox-one-worldwide-sales-at-26-million-33377317/?page=11

Is not the first time he use that crap to defend the xbox 360 sales.

@ronvalencia said:

https://www.howtogeek.com/230773/how-to-play-pc-games-that-require-safedisc-or-securom-drm-on-windows-10-8.1-8-7-and-vista/

----------------

@tormentos

Kicked out SafeDisc DRM is an example for Microsoft's control over it's Windows OS. When a 3rd party software annoys Microsoft, it's kicked out of Windows!

You're the stupid cow..

Nothing of what you say there has anything to do with the argument at hand NOTHING,you really need to learn English and learn to follow an argument.

The xbox one is not an xbox 360,the xbox one just emulate some 360 games,that doesn't mean in any way that.

1-That every xbox one sold account also as a 360 sold.

2-That the xbox one has the xbox 360 runtime environment.

It simple doesn't i own an xbox one it doesn't boot like a 360 or into the 360 OS,it emulate the 360 for some games which are not even the majority.

You are sad.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 tgob89

@kenshiro3948 said:
@ronvalencia said:

I'm Xbox argument is consistent with multiple Windows generation which has broken 32bit DRM drivers on 64bit Windows. You're the stupid cow..

LMFAO..

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ronvalencia

@tgob89 said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@xhedon said:

Facts!

Original 360 defect rate was 68 per cent

The factory defect rate for Xbox 360 consoles in August 2005 - four months prior to its US launch - was as high as 68 per cent.

Takahashi's sources claim that Microsoft was well aware of the massive defect rate (although entertainment division boss Robbie Bach has subsequently denied there was any concern about it at the time) and chose to press on with the console's launch anyway.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/original-360-defect-rate-was-68-per-cent

Also 3/4 of 360 sales are manufactured through rebuys from the same customers.

The majority of defective Xbox 360 are replaced by MS's warranty, hence MS taking HW profit lost during initial Xbox 360 initial sales period. They are not "sales".

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By tgob89

@ronvalencia said:

The majority of defective Xbox 360 are replaced by MS's warranty, hence MS taking HW profit lost during initial Xbox 360 initial sales period. They are not "sales".

After you sent in your first inevitable RROD to M$ they only gave you a 3 mo warranty with your soon to be RROD replacement system.

Again 3/4 of 360 sales are manufactured through rebuys from the same customers.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

My Xbox argument is consistent with multiple Windows generation which broke 32bit DRM drivers on 64bit Windows.

Windows update improves backward compatibility overtime e.g. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/980846/description-of-an-update-to-the-backward-compatibility-feature-in-wind PC's Windows OS BC improves over time. Backward compatibility with SafeDisc DRM still not fixed.

Xbox 360 emulation without hardware OS dump requirement shows the close relationship between Xbox 360's OS and PC's Windows OS. Major issue with XEX executable format is decoding Xbox 360's DRM.

PC's DirectX 12 makes API bridge with Xbox 360's DirectX 9.X API easier i.e. removes PC's requirement to bundle draw calls and Vulkan API path being neglected.

You can't face the fact MS generating fat $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ from their tactics.

Your xbox argument is only consistent with the level of bullshit and bias that you have for MS and the xbox,that would prompt you to say such bullshit things.

Windows has a level of compatibility from the get go,the xbox one has NON in fact the compatibility level between windows is fairly high,the xbox one was non,and what MS does is make newer drivers and support older ones not just emulate them.

The 360 version of windows is completely different to the one run on xbox one,hell even from PC were the xbox one is say to have a windows 10 OS like still is very different from PC,and require extra work and certification period,you can't run PC games on xbox one or xbox one games on PC regardless of how close they are supposedly.

Dude let it go the xbox 360 is dead it sold 86+ millions units,the xbox one doesn't have a 3 core CPU with a 2005 GPU,so hardware wise the xbox one is not an xbox 360,or could be considered as one.

Which is why you don't see MS claiming the xbox 360 runtime keep growing or accounting xbox one as xbox 360 sold.

Give it a rest it didn't work the first time you use this argument it will not work now.

The PS4 surpassed the 360 11 years of sales in just 5 years the end.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c203f71675ff
deactivated-5c203f71675ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-5c203f71675ff
Member since 2018 • 231 Posts

Guys, haven't you noticed? PSX is over 250 million sales because the ps2 played PSX games, ps3 plays psone games also, so the PSX is over 300 million sales, christ, PSX is the best selling console of all time.

See how it goes?

xHedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 xHedon
Member since 2018 • 293 Posts

@tormentos:

Lol nice try:

https://www.destructoid.com/the-ps4-has-finally-overtaken-the-ps3-in-sony-s-latest-financial-report-515027.phtml

This morning, Sony announced its first quarterly financial results, revealing that their current high-end console, PlayStation 4 has shipped 82.2 million units since launch, putting it ahead of its predecessor, PlayStation 3.

While the most recent sales period saw a decline in console sales on last year, the black box still managed to shift 3.2 million units to retailers, overtaking the PS3, of which numbered records stopped, around the 80 million mark, in 2013. The PS3 launched in 2006, so the PS4's figures have surpassed the predecessor in a shorter timeframe, a couple of years in fact.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c203f71675ff
deactivated-5c203f71675ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-5c203f71675ff
Member since 2018 • 231 Posts

@xhedon: PS4 wins either way, I couldn't care less for the others.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 tormentos

@mariah_eater said:

Guys, haven't you noticed? PSX is over 250 million sales because the ps2 played PSX games, ps3 plays psone games also, so the PSX is over 300 million sales, christ, PSX is the best selling console of all time.

See how it goes?

That is what i told him the first time he use that shitty argument.

The PS1 is the best selling console of all time,it sold more than 340 million units.

104 million PS1.

156 million PS2

and 87 million PS3 since all 3 play PS1 games.

He is that invested in defending the xbox brand..Hahahahaaa

I have seen some lunatic arguments here from some fans on all sides,but run valencia 360 - xbox one run-time environment one top them almost all of them.

And he is not stupid he knows,he simple want to spin things his way on this topic.

xHedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 xHedon

@mariah_eater: yup same. As long as I get to play great games it’s a win for me.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts
@kenshiro3948 said:
@davillain- said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@mariah_eater said:

Do you guys think it'll surpass the Nintendo Wii?

It definitely will sometime next year.

It be a new record if it does surpass Wii and I think PS4 can pull it off just as long as Sony continues releasing exclusive games and not announcing PS5 until 2020 at the very least.

It's a certainty. PS4 is already selling faster than the PS2 and unlike the Wii it won't suddenly stop selling. They'll be over 90 million sold by the end of this holiday and by Spring next year they will overtake the Wii. Sony will then have 3 of the top selling consoles of all time with the PS2, PS1, and PS4.

It will overtake Wii, but not by Spring. Maybe by Fall. From the looks of things it's having a mediocre holiday in the US (will likely come in third for November + December combined), so unless it's doing ridiculously well in Europe it's not even a sure thing that it'll be over 90 million this holiday, and selling 10 million in the first half of next year is extremely unlikely (and impossible for the first 3-4 months).

xHedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 xHedon

@tgob89: false, they gave another year extended. Stop lying.

Oh and 3 years specifically for RROD.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

RROD warranty wasn't eternal all units bought on launch by late 2008 were out of warranty,RROD extended your warranty to 3 years,it didn't give you 3 years on top of the time you have with the unit.

So by the time the slim 360 hit in 2010,basically all units buy in mid 2007 and before were out of warranty,which prompted many to jump into a shiny new slim model.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 tgob89

@xhedon said:

WHEN...did they do that?

Oh and produce a link for that, I owned an xbox360 nimrod so I'm speaking from experience. When did they implement that policy, if it's true at all.

Link???

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By tormentos

@xhedon said:

No.

The warranty was extended from 3 months to 1 year on 2006,an extension means that if you bought your unit on Launch november 2005,instead of ending in February 2006 it would expire on November 2006,when the 2007 3 year extension kicked in it didn't mean that if you bought your unit on launch 2005 you would have warranty until 2010.

No no no no that is not how extensions work.

What the extension did was cover all those who Bought the machine from launch and after and which many already had their 1 year expire and bump them to 3 year from their original manufacturing date.

In other words if you were a launch 2005 owner when the 3 year warranty kicked in your warranty was extended to November 2008 in other words your xbox 360 officially had 1 year and 5 more months of warranty,since the warranty extension didn't kick exactly 3 years into the generation,what it did was take all the units from launch which were mostly the ones without warranty and many from 2006 as well and bump them to 3 year,and any newer model from july 2007 and on would come standard with 3 years,so if you bought your unit on August 2007 yeah you got 3 full years,if you bought before the 3 year warranty kicked you had the remaining time only.

2005 had until 2008

2006 had until 2009

2007 had until 2010.

All units bought in summer 2007 and before were out of warranty by summer 2010 which is when the slim model hit by the way who spiked 360 sales greatly.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By tgob89

@tormentos said:
@xhedon said:

No.

The warranty was extended from 3 months to 1 year on 2006,an extension means that if you bought your unit on Launch november 2005,instead of ending in February 2006 it would expire on November 2006,when the 2007 3 year extension kicked in it didn't mean that if you bought your unit on launch 2005 you would have warranty until 2010.

No no no no that is not how extensions work.

What the extension did was cover all those who Bought the machine from launch and after and which many already had their 1 year expire and bump them to 3 year from their original manufacturing date.

In other words if you were a launch 2005 owner when the 3 year warranty kicked in your warranty was extended to November 2007 in other words your xbox 360 officially had 5 more months of warranty,since the warranty extension didn't kick exactly 3 years into the generation,what it did was take all the units from launch which were mostly the ones without warranty and many from 2006 as well and bump them to 3 year,and any newer model from july 2007 and on would come standard with 3 years,so if you bought your unit on August 2007 yeah you got 3 full years,if you bought before the 3 year warranty kicked you had the remaining time only.

2005 had until 2008

2006 had until 2009

2007 had until 2010.

All units bought in summer 2007 and before were out of warranty by summer 2010 which is when the slim model hit by the way who spiked 360 sales greatly.

Thanks for that information

To follow up, if you know...can you tell us what happens AFTER you got your first replacement unit?

What was the warranty timeline given for those replacement units after repair? Because that is what that fool is challenging in my original post.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 tormentos

@tgob89 said:

WHEN...did they do that?

Oh and produce a link for that, I owned an xbox360 nimrod so I'm speaking from experience. When did they implement that policy, if it's true at all.

Link???

They bumped the warranty from 3 months to 1 year,but that is an extension and some lemmings here pretend it was an extra year.

In a move to benefit customers, Microsoft Corp. announced today that it will change the Xbox 360™ warranty from 90 days to one year from the date of purchase in the United States and Canada.

https://news.microsoft.com/2006/12/22/microsoft-extends-xbox-360-warranty-to-one-year/

The year extension happen on late 2006.

Lemmings actually think that the 3 year extension was on top of the 1 year extension,when in fact the 3 year extension over took the 1 year extension,MS extended the warranty to 1 year on december 2006 conveniently after all those who bought the unit on launch november 2005 would not be cover.

So November 2005 units weren't even cover,it wasn't until 7 months latter that MS replaced the 1 year with 3 that launch november 2005 units were cover again,and they only had 1 year and 5 months left,the warranty extension wasn't one on top of the other,and was totally based on the month that you bought your machine.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By tgob89

@tormentos:

See here..

In a move to benefit customers, Microsoft Corp. announced today that it will change the Xbox 360™ warranty from 90 days to one year from the date of purchase in the United States and Canada.

^ the underlined part

That's what I thought!

This is referring to "the purchase" of the system. It doesn't address warranty after an initial repair.

My replacement units only had a 3mo warranty, I specifically remember that fact.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 tormentos

@tgob89 said:

To follow up, if you know...can you tell us what happens AFTER you got your first replacement unit?

What was the warranty timeline given for those replacement units after repair? Because that is what that fool is challenging in my original post.

Nothing your warranty keep going as normal,if you bought a launch unit in 2005 and on August 2007 it RROD,it would get service and returned,and you still have 1 year 3 month of warranty so if it RROD you could send it again.

After you service your unit it would not get another 3 years as some lemmings here use to think,you only got the remaining time since you bought it.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 tgob89

@tormentos said:
@tgob89 said:

Nothing your warranty keep going as normal,if you bought a launch unit in 2005 and on August 2007 it RROD,it would get service and returned,and you still have 1 year 3 month of warranty so if it RROD you could send it again.

After you service your unit it would not get another 3 years as some lemmings here use to think,you only got the remaining time since you bought it.

Maybe I only had 3 months left after I sent mine in. Ok well thanks for the info.

xHedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 xHedon

@tormentos: thank you for confirming what I said. Thank god for the warranty so people didn’t have to buy a replacement Xbox.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 tgob89

@xhedon said:

@tormentos: thank you for confirming what I said. Thank god for the warranty so people didn’t have to buy a replacement Xbox.

I got the replacement and still had to rebuy...most of the people I know who owned one did.

xHedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 xHedon

@tgob89: nope not a single person I know had to buy one. They chose free thanks to the 3 year RROD warranty.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 ronvalencia

@tgob89 said:
@ronvalencia said:

Again 3/4 of 360 sales are manufactured through rebuys from the same customers.

April 2007, MS revised Xbox 360 with improved heat sink.

September 2007, MS revised Xbox 360 with 80 nm GPU and 65 nm CPU. Lower power consumption.

Each revision reduces failure rates.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By ronvalencia

@tgob89 said:
@xhedon said:

@tgob89: looks like you wrecked yourself NIMROD. How does that crow taste?

No I didn't wreck myself dumbass, looks like I was absolutely right...

What is my warranty after my console is serviced?

We provide a post-service warranty for serviced consoles. The length of the warranty depends on whether the service was in-warranty or out-of-warranty as follows:

• In-warranty service: If your Xbox 360 console was serviced within the original warranty period (free repair), you receive either the balance of your original warranty or 90 days, whichever is longer.
  • Out-of-warranty service: If your Xbox 360 console was serviced out of the original warranty period (paid repair), your serviced console will have a 90-day warranty.

https://support.xbox.com/en-BZ/xbox-360/repair/warranty-faq#ff2a13c4569345ec8fa29bcc227d39f4

Taken right from Xbox's own support page with link bold and underlined.

90 days, or other wise 3 months just like I remember. Get phucked I_P_Daily

https://support.xbox.com/en-BZ/xbox-360/repair/warranty-faq

The warranties are:

• Xbox 360 console: One year
  • Xbox 360 console with three flashing red lights or error E74: Three years from the console purchase date (not applicable to the Xbox 360 E console)

Error E74 = red ring of death (RROD).

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

RROD warranty wasn't eternal all units bought on launch by late 2008 were out of warranty,RROD extended your warranty to 3 years,it didn't give you 3 years on top of the time you have with the unit.

So by the time the slim 360 hit in 2010,basically all units buy in mid 2007 and before were out of warranty,which prompted many to jump into a shiny new slim model.

That's bullshit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_technical_specifications#List_of_revisions

CodenameCPUGPUeDRAMHDMIPower SupplyIn ProductionDate ReleasedNotes
Xenon90 nm90 nm90 nmNo203 WNoNovember 2005Original release. Console power consumption 198 W.
Zephyr90 nm90 nm90 nmYes203 WNoApril 2007Introduced HDMI port. Improved GPU heatsink.
Falcon65 nm80 nm80 nmYes175 WNoSeptember 2007Introduced 65 nm CPU, 80 nm GPU and 80 nm eDRAM.[32] Power consumption lowered. Console power consumption 12V 14.2A or 170.4 W.
Opus65 nm90 nm80 nmNo175 WNoJuly 2008Available as a replacement for Xenon motherboards which have been sent in to Microsoft tech repair centers. Console power consumption 170.4 W.
Jasper65 nm65 nm80 nmYes150 WNoSeptember 2008Introduced 65 nm GPU. Introduced on-board flash-based memory. Further reduced power consumption. Console power consumption 145.2 W.
Kronos (Jasper v2)65 nm65 nm65 nmYes150 WNoSeptember 2009Introduced 65 nm eDRAM. Introduced new RF-module, new style GPU Kronos revision. Eliminated the E74 problem from earlier jasper models.
Trinity45 nm (combined chip)Yes135 WNoJune 2010Motherboard redesign used in the Xbox 360 Slim. Two versions: one with 4 GB on-board storage, one without. Console power consumption 130W.
Corona45 nm (combined chip)Yes115 WNoAugust 2011No more HANA chip. Includes both Xbox 360 Slim and E versions.
Winchester45 nm (combined chip)Yes115 WNoAugust 2014

Corona motherboard revision named Winchester motherboard, patches Reset Glitch Hack. Released with 500GB console bundles

Each revision reduces RROD incidents.

FY2008, the bleed was stopped.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

That's bullshit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_technical_specifications#List_of_revisions

CodenameCPUGPUeDRAMHDMIPower SupplyIn ProductionDate ReleasedNotes
Xenon90 nm90 nm90 nmNo203 WNoNovember 2005Original release. Console power consumption 198 W.
Zephyr90 nm90 nm90 nmYes203 WNoApril 2007Introduced HDMI port. Improved GPU heatsink.
Falcon65 nm80 nm80 nmYes175 WNoSeptember 2007Introduced 65 nm CPU, 80 nm GPU and 80 nm eDRAM.[32] Power consumption lowered. Console power consumption 12V 14.2A or 170.4 W.
Opus65 nm90 nm80 nmNo175 WNoJuly 2008Available as a replacement for Xenon motherboards which have been sent in to Microsoft tech repair centers. Console power consumption 170.4 W.
Jasper65 nm65 nm80 nmYes150 WNoSeptember 2008Introduced 65 nm GPU. Introduced on-board flash-based memory. Further reduced power consumption. Console power consumption 145.2 W.
Kronos (Jasper v2)65 nm65 nm65 nmYes150 WNoSeptember 2009Introduced 65 nm eDRAM. Introduced new RF-module, new style GPU Kronos revision. Eliminated the E74 problem from earlier jasper models.
Trinity45 nm (combined chip)Yes135 WNoJune 2010Motherboard redesign used in the Xbox 360 Slim. Two versions: one with 4 GB on-board storage, one without. Console power consumption 130W.
Corona45 nm (combined chip)Yes115 WNoAugust 2011No more HANA chip. Includes both Xbox 360 Slim and E versions.
Winchester45 nm (combined chip)Yes115 WNoAugust 2014

Corona motherboard revision named Winchester motherboard, patches Reset Glitch Hack. Released with 500GB console bundles

Each revision reduces RROD incidents.

FY2008, the bleed was stopped.

The bleed didn't stop in 2008 you freaking MORON,you see that HUGE write off in 2007? yeah that is the 1.1 billion they set ASIDE + losses of the hardware itself,the writes off was just 1 year,they separated the 1+ billion for repair in 2007 on 2008 there wasn't another write off because the money they set aside in 2007 should cover the whole RROD for years yo come ass.

You simply don't know shit about what you are arguing,MS didn't set aside 1 billion each year for RROD they set 1+ billion on 2007 and that was suppose to cover all RROD and future ones.

RROD failure didn't stop in 2008 ass,in fact my last 360 was one of the very last batch done in 2010 before the Slime model and RROD years ago.

RROD was a problem of the fat 360 model,by the way RROD until 2008 didn't cover E74 error which mean that if your console had an E74 error it wasn't cover by the 3 year extended warranty only 3 red rings were cover.

Microsoft has extended the three year "Red Ring of Death" warranty cover it offered to Xbox 360 owners to cover a new fault - the E74 fault.

Here's Microsoft knowledge base entry on the change to the warranty:

While the majority of Xbox 360 owners continue to have a great experience with their console, we are aware that a very small percentage of our customers have reported receiving an error that displays “E74” on their screen. After investigating the issue, we have determined that the E74 error message can indicate the general hardware failure that is associated with three flashing red lights error on the console. As a result, we have decided to cover repairs related to the E74 error message under our three-year warranty program for certain general hardware failures that was announced in July 2007. We have already made improvements to the console that will reduce the likelihood of an occurrence of this issue. Detailed information related to the Xbox 360 warranty and resources for those who require repair can be found at www.xbox.com/support

https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-extends-xbox-360-red-ring-of-death-warranty-to-cover-e74-error/

BUt but but the bleed stopped in 2008..Hahahahaaa

The bleed never stopped until the slim model arrived.

MS included E74 on april 2009 that was one of the failure the machine also had but that MS didn't start covering until 2009.

So yeah stop the bullshit and your damage control,this is a topic i have argue allot so yeah i know a thing or 2 about it,you apparently don't.

Basically you assume that because MS didn't report a loss in 2008 that somehow means the problem stopped,when in reality what happen is that MS already separated the money in 2007 for all RROD repairs,so going forward no money would show up as loss,because all was taken care off,MS didn't take money for RROD year by year.

What you see there is the normal time frame it took the 360 to turn a profit it self,which was normal for those platforms which were sold at a loss back then.

In fact if MS would have not write off that billion+ on 2007 the graph would show the 360 much closer to turning a profit than in 2006.

@ronvalencia said:

https://support.xbox.com/en-BZ/xbox-360/repair/warranty-faq

The warranties are:

• Xbox 360 console: One year
  • Xbox 360 console with three flashing red lights or error E74: Three years from the console purchase date (not applicable to the Xbox 360 E console)

Error E74 = red ring of death (RROD).

Hahhaahaaa NO it doesn't E74 was another error of the 360 which wasn't 3 red lights of death,MS saw it as a normal failure rather than part of the 3 rings of dead and E74 wasn't cover until April 2009 almost 2 years after the 3 year warranty took place.

You simply don't know what you are arguing.

@xhedon said:

@tgob89: you just got Wrecked dumbass. You asked for proof to what I said, proof was posted and now you are totally and endlessly phucked.

You got your but kicked the PS3 was at 85 million in 2016,so it was impossible to be at 82 millions.

And you were wrong about RROD as well lemm.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#95 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Quoting VGChartz

lol congrats

Do you want a call when Sony announces 90+ million sold? Because it's gonna happen.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@MonsieurX: DVD players have been cheap for years. Horrible way to downplay PS2 success.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 tormentos

@Sagemode87 said:

@MonsieurX: DVD players have been cheap for years. Horrible way to downplay PS2 success.

Exactly.

Funny how DVD was the reason the PS2 sold,Blu-ray was the reason the PS3 pick up its sales,yet 4k bluray can't sell xbox ones in masses.lol

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@tormentos: Because streaming is now a thing

xHedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 xHedon

@tormentos: because of digital ROFL

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 tormentos

@MonsieurX said:

@tormentos: Because streaming is now a thing

Which the xbox one also can do.

If you buy a PS4 you only get streaming if you buy an xbox one you get 4k blu-ray and streaming for $199.

There is no excuse.

@xhedon said:

@tormentos: because of digital ROFL

Read up please.