PS4 sales: 20.2 Million and waiting

• 199 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Extrodinare101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Extrodinare101
Member since 2015 • 324 Posts

@Midnightshade29 said:

@extrodinare101 said:

I told myself I'd buy a PS4 if there were at least 5 exclusives for it, so far I have Ratchet, Disgaea 5 and Uncharted 4, need 2 more and I was never a fan of the souls games so I don't think I'd like Bloodborne very much.

Persona 5, Samurai Warriors 4, Dragon Quest Heroes, Rime.

Dragon Quest Heroes could be good, please tell me it's not a stupid MMO?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

That's quite impressive that its somehow still not slowing down much O.o

no competition, it won't slow down until the end of this generation. there's way more gamers now than there were in 2005 and there's literally zero reasons to go with the Bone over ps4. this wouldn't be happening if xbone was like the 360, as powerful and delivered exclusives (for the first couple of years at least) worth buying the system for.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#103 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

WOW congrats to both PlayStation and Sony! its smashing xboxlast left and right with one mega punch after the other! :P

Cannot wait for Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted 4, Persona 5 and all the awesome games!

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104  Edited By TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

Crazy how there has not been a pricedrop.

So this is still relevant.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@lostrib said:

Sony has announced that as of March 1st they have sold 20.2 Million PS4 consoles, which is apparently a lot since it was just at 18.5 million in january

The PS4 continues to show the "fastest and strongest" growth in the history of all PlayStation hardware, Sony said.

"We are so grateful for the enormous support from PlayStation fans worldwide, and we are truly humbled that gamers around the globe have continued to select PS4 as the best place to play," PlayStation executive Andrew House said in a statement. (lol)

Playstation, the best place to wait

Sauce

Ecclesiastes 7:8

Better is the end of a thing than its beginning, and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.

James 1:3

For you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.

James 1:4

And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 tdkmillsy  Online
Member since 2003 • 5887 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

The best PS4 exclusive to date. Sales.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

SDC am confirmed!

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

See? That's what happens when you make a good games console.

Lemmings just don't understand that.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

but does the ps4 have HBO go?! who needs games when you have hbo go?! Check mate!

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

but does the ps4 have HBO go?! who needs games when you have hbo go?! Check mate!

It doesn't have a Vine app either.

What the ****, Sony, get your act together! People want to put down hard money down so they can watch GIFs!

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Just finished Killzone: Shadow Fall, bought COD:AW at the same time and still gotta finish it. Right now I prefer the KZ SP campaign easily, I mean Jesus, can a game get any more linear than Advanced Warfare? Haven't tried it online yet though.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

talking about waiting 533 days since gta5 was released on x360/ps3, still no pee c version lmao

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#113  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

I just got mine. I wasn't gonna wait for shit. **** that.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#114  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Good and well deserved. Sony did everything right with the hardware, now it just needs better exclusives.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Lets be honest here, PC gaming has fallen into that new gen rut. Developers are focusing on consoles while PC ports are starting to get the shaft once again. I have a mid range PC, and I'm not willing to upgrade my PC right now just because developers decide to shove out unoptimized and buggy garbage.

While I still do the majority of my gaming on PC, the PS4 still definitely has its place at the moment. Especially if it's to avoid bad ports like Far Cry 4, Dead Rising 3, Evil Within, etc.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 finalstar2007

@Krelian-co said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Um PS4 does have HBO GO http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/03/03/hbo-go-available-on-ps4-later-today/

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#117 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Sagemode87 said:

@FoxbatAlpha: nincompoops? How old are you? Anyways, I have all systems as well and I enjoy my X1. Sucks being a fanboy, doesn't it.

Congratulations. You own an Xbox and claim your not a Sony fanboy. Yet you attack me for suggesting that Sony is trying to steal NA thunder by releasing this bit of news for global sales. They go 6 months sometimes without releasing global sales and then when Microsoft does well they release numbers in Nov, Jan, and March.

let's talk about sets, na market is a subset of the global market set, one could say NA is contained in the global market (shocking, i know) therefore the global market set is more important than a fraction of it since it is contained in it, GLAD WE COULD CLEAR THIS UP.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44083 Posts

Damn that's a whole lotta cows abandoning the PoS3 whilst lems still hanging with the mighty 360 :o Eh, makes sense tho that'll change in the next year or two when they are at last ready to Jump Ahead with Halo 5, QB & Crackdown 3 etc. :P

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Krelian-co

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Sagemode87 said:

@FoxbatAlpha: nincompoops? How old are you? Anyways, I have all systems as well and I enjoy my X1. Sucks being a fanboy, doesn't it.

Congratulations. You own an Xbox and claim your not a Sony fanboy. Yet you attack me for suggesting that Sony is trying to steal NA thunder by releasing this bit of news for global sales. They go 6 months sometimes without releasing global sales and then when Microsoft does well they release numbers in Nov, Jan, and March.

let's talk about sets, na market is a subset of the global market set, one could say NA is contained in the global market (shocking, i know) therefore the global market set is more important than a fraction of it since it is contained in it, GLAD WE COULD CLEAR THIS UP.

oh no the point is very clear, lems want to focus on a single market (that are still losing but at least still have a chance) ignoring the global market because they know they got destroyed everywhere else. And my point still stands, global market > na market #dealwithit (ps4 is dominating both)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@Krelian-co said:

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Sagemode87 said:

oh no the point is very clear, lems want to focus on a single market (that are still losing but at least still have a chance) ignoring the global market because they know they got destroyed everywhere else. And my point still stands, global market > na market #dealwithit (ps4 is dominating both)

Just shows me that you still didn't get it. Keep trying, kiddo, one day you'll be smart enough to talk with the big boys

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#122 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Sagemode87 said:

+1

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Krelian-co

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Sagemode87 said:

Just shows me that you still didn't get it. Keep trying, kiddo, one day you'll be smart enough to talk with the big boys

just shows me you don't have an argument and just reply stupid things, maybe someday you won't reply something completely moronic because you got destroyed.

#truthhurts #madlems

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By AzatiS

@scottpsfan14 said:

PS4 has won the geneation all things considered. If you think Microsoft will have better exclusives all through the gen then all I can say is wake up now before you hurt yourself.

Very true that.

I say to lems again and again that if MS with X360 couldnt win vs a near to bankruptcy company with multibillion losses every year constantly with an overpriced ( for majority of smaller markets out there ) product that didnt live up to the hype let alone lost major exclusives to X360 let alone 85% of multis were better on X360 ... Then how the hell they thought for once they had a chance vs PS4 ?!! How on earth ?!

So to short it out for lems ... Its wasnt X360 that did extremely good last generation , in fact it did as BAD as PS3 on sales let alone the whole exclusive library ( or good even ).. It was because of SONYs and PS3s failures ( call it marketing , hardware choices , price you name it ) that made X360 look as good as PS3 in gamers eyes !! Lems should understand that for once .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@Krelian-co said:

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Sagemode87 said:

just shows me you don't have an argument and just reply stupid things, maybe someday you won't reply something completely moronic because you got destroyed.

#truthhurts #madlems

Hahahaha, damn that's a great answer, just start calling names. Shows me right, right?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

PS4 has won the geneation all things considered. If you think Microsoft will have better exclusives all through the gen then all I can say is wake up now before you hurt yourself.

Very true that.

I say to lems again and again that if MS with X360 couldnt win vs a near to bankruptcy company with multibillion losses every year constantly with an overpriced ( for majority of smaller markets out there ) product that didnt live up to the hype let alone lost major exclusives to X360 let alone 85% of multis were better on X360 ... Then how the hell they thought for once they had a chance vs PS4 ?!! How on earth ?!

So to short it out for lems ... Its wasnt X360 that did extremely good last generation , in fact it did as BAD as PS3 on sales let alone the whole exclusive library ( or good even ).. It was because of SONYs and PS3s failures that made X360 look as good as PS3 in gamers eyes !! Lems should understand that for once ...

That and a percentage of 360 owners did buy multiple consoles due to RRoD. Not sure how many....but some.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Krelian-co

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Sagemode87 said:

#truthhurts #madlems

Hahahaha, damn that's a great answer, just start calling names. Shows me right, right?

i already "showed you", the last post was just a reply to a dumb post made by you, but hey feel free to continue ignoring the real point. oh wait lems just want to focus on na and forget the rest of the world exists, carry on.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#129  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58995 Posts

My gods. That's alot of millions; about 20.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@Krelian-co said:

i already "showed you", the last post was just a reply to a dumb post made by you, but hey feel free to continue ignoring the real point. oh wait lems just want to focus on na and forget the rest of the world exists, carry on.

You didn't show me, because you missed the point COMPLETELY. It's not about world sales vs us sales. It's about Sony being scared about NPD, losing february, knowing Microsoft won, and knowing that this will be in the media. That's why they quickly release sales figures, because they are desperate for some good press after flopping at EVERYHTING except sales.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

You didn't show me, because you missed the point COMPLETELY. It's not about world sales vs us sales. It's about Sony being scared about NPD, losing february, knowing Microsoft won, and knowing that this will be in the media. That's why they quickly release sales figures, because they are desperate for some good press after flopping at EVERYHTING except sales.

That does sound like a stupid post. If NPD isn't released then Sony and MS don't know what each other did.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 finalstar2007

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

You do realize the Feb NPD not coming out till March 10th right? This isnt Microsoft announcing shipped numbers few days before NPD LOL and why would Sony even be scared about NPD when they are destroying MS?? seriously we dont even know how much MS have sold to CONSUMERS yet! ( if you want to have a sales conversation )

also if amazon.com is anything to go by the PS4 been destroying the xbox for the entire month of Feb...

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Krelian-co

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

ignoring and not understanding are different things bruh, i do not care lems want to move goal posts with your stupid comment, specially when mcc is still broken, the truth will always be this "the point is very clear, lems want to focus on a single market (that are still losing but at least still have a chance) ignoring the global market because they know they got destroyed everywhere else. And my point still stands, global market > na market #dealwithit (ps4 is dominating both)" try harder, and also keep thinking the one destroying the other in sales is the one damage controlling, makes sense bruh.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@LJS9502_basic said:

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

That does sound like a stupid post. If NPD isn't released then Sony and MS don't know what each other did.

You don't need to know what someone else did when you have projections of how they did, and when you know your own figures...

@Krelian-co: Whatever makes you sleep at night.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#137 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

I'm still holding out until the Fall before I finally buy one.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By AzatiS

@scottpsfan14 said:
@AzatiS said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Very true that.

So to short it out for lems ... Its wasnt X360 that did extremely good last generation , in fact it did as BAD as PS3 on sales let alone the whole exclusive library ( or good even ).. It was because of SONYs and PS3s failures ( call it marketing , hardware choices , price you name it ) that made X360 look as good as PS3 in gamers eyes !! Lems should understand that for once .

Yep. Lems like to use the PS3 as an example of how the Xbox One could catch up. But what they fail to realize is that it was the power of the PlayStation brand that elevated the PS3's sales worldwide. Not only did Xbox One start out worse, but it launched the same time and doesn't have the worldwide love PS has. The PS4 is close to outselling the Xbox One and WiiU combined and the gap is only growing bigger every week. I don't think Xbox One has ever won a single month in sales worldwide. And I don't think it ever will.

The Xbox One isn't doing bad by any means, it's actually doing slightly better than the 360 at this point in it's life, but the PS4 is currently out doing the PS2 and will continue to do so. If some time traveller came up to me and said that the PS4 will outsell the PS2 by 2023, I wouldn't have a hard time believing him. Of course anything could happen, but given how PS4 is selling like this without any must have games both exclusive and multiplat, I am scared to think how it will sell in the holidays of 2015 and beyond! PS consoles always do amazingly better in their second year than their first. If that trend continues (which is likely), expect the PS4 to reach 40 million or some crazy number like that by January 2016.

I totally agree.

The behemoths that coming ( exclusives ) soon combined with a small price cut or a cool bundle will get PS4s sales skyrocked. Its very difficult for it to surpass PS2 as you say but with this rate and diversity of exclusives that coming , i really think the 100M point will be an easy task.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@scottpsfan14 said:

@FastRobby: NPD doesn't mean a thing if those worldwide numbers constantly double the X1 every month. What matters is the total install base. Not the amount of American 12 year olds on xbox live screaming down the mic. PS4 will continue to crush the Xbox One and it won't even be a close call.

I know, but that has nothing to do with what I said.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

With blockbusters like InfamousSS, Resogun, and the world renowned Sound Shapes I am surprised its not at 30million sold through.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Krelian-co

@kuu2 said:

With blockbusters like InfamousSS, Resogun, and the world renowned Sound Shapes I am surprised its not at 30million sold through.

you are right, xbone with broken chief collection and ryse and all the assortment of inferior pc versions should be on the lead, world is an unfair place.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

I have not touched my Ps4 even once this year, dmn addicting PC game:(

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#143 Zero_epyon  Online
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

I have not touched my Ps4 even once this year, dmn addicting PC game:(

Which game is that?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

"Fastest and strongest" growth in the history"

New catch phrace, thanks TC.

PS4 is on a ROLL guys.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#145  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@extrodinare101 said:

@Midnightshade29 said:

@extrodinare101 said:

I told myself I'd buy a PS4 if there were at least 5 exclusives for it, so far I have Ratchet, Disgaea 5 and Uncharted 4, need 2 more and I was never a fan of the souls games so I don't think I'd like Bloodborne very much.

Persona 5, Samurai Warriors 4, Dragon Quest Heroes, Rime.

Dragon Quest Heroes could be good, please tell me it's not a stupid MMO?

actually is worse than that. It's just another re-skinned Dynasty Warriors clone just like that Hyrule Warriors game on Wii U.

@tdkmillsy said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

The best PS4 exclusive to date. Sales.

and the highest cause of imminent butthurt.

Extrodinare101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Extrodinare101
Member since 2015 • 324 Posts

@Gue1 said:

actually is worse than that. It's just another re-skinned Dynasty Warriors clone just like that Hyrule Warriors game on Wii U.

Welp there goes a game off my list.

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Captainqwark10
Member since 2011 • 1170 Posts

But if China buys only 1%...

Prawephet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#148 Prawephet
Member since 2014 • 385 Posts

@Krelian-co: Yes it does. Hbo go launched yesterday I think.