PS4 Is The Last Hope For Next Gen

• 141 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts

[QUOTE="shawn30"] PS4 is stronger by a good amount, best graphicsKillzoneSnake

not sure where in the hell you got PS4 has better graphics and its not even out yet, calm down fanboy

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
I heard that SONY plans to charge for online multiplayer on PS4? Anyone know if that's true? They said they think they remember reading it in Game Informer.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
[QUOTE="ProjectPat187"][QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="ProjectPat187"] strongly agree with this guy, Im sticking with my PC, I have always been a PC gamer anyway by far the best platform.

Unless the PC can play all those consoles games, I doubt console gaming will go away.

im not worried if consoles stay or die, Im still sticking with the best platform the PC, besides I buy all the consoles anyway just so i can play the few games I do like on the consoles.

Yeah, PC is my main platform as well, however, some of the my favourite games ever are on consoles. The day games like Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden & Uncharted coming to PC is the day I quit console gaming.
Doddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#104 Doddie
Member since 2003 • 51 Posts

speak for your self. I like gaming ....period. All the other stuff just adds cost.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts
seriously though, once you have a pc hooked up to a high def tv you realize there's no reason to get a console, ever. The real problem is that you can't update and control things on a console at your own will.
Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Sonny360Elite
seriously though, once you have a pc hooked up to a high def tv you realize there's no reason to get a console, ever. The real problem is that you can't update and control things on a console at your own will.robokill
Not true at all. Maybe if all you play is shooters and single player games. Otherwise, no. Also, I think it was just a rumor what I heard from that guy. Don't let me down SONY! I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars for a console only to have to pay a subscription service to use it. Even include a game with it please.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
[QUOTE="robokill"]seriously though, once you have a pc hooked up to a high def tv you realize there's no reason to get a console, ever. The real problem is that you can't update and control things on a console at your own will.Sonny360Elite
Not true at all. Maybe if all you play is shooters and single player games. Otherwise, no. Also, I think it was just a rumor what I heard from that guy. Don't let me down SONY! I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars for a console only to have to pay a subscription service to use it. Even include a game with it please.

um do you think that the PC only has shooters and single player games first of all, what else do you play on a console but shooters or single player games second of all, pc has puzzle, RTS, strategy in general, 4x, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts
seriously though, once you have a pc hooked up to a high def tv you realize there's no reason to get a console, ever. The real problem is that you can't update and control things on a console at your own will.robokill
lol no, there are a lot of games that PC doesn't get. The fighting, action adventure, and JRPG selections on PC are incredibly weak compared to consoles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="robokill"]seriously though, once you have a pc hooked up to a high def tv you realize there's no reason to get a console, ever. The real problem is that you can't update and control things on a console at your own will.I_can_haz
lol no, there are a lot of games that PC doesn't get. The fighting, action adventure, and JRPG selections on PC are incredibly weak compared to consoles.

JRPG selections on every platform is weak as crap this last gen
Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Sonny360Elite
[QUOTE="robokill"]seriously though, once you have a pc hooked up to a high def tv you realize there's no reason to get a console, ever. The real problem is that you can't update and control things on a console at your own will.I_can_haz

Exactly right. I play mostly online sports games. PS3 has MLB The Show which is the best baseball game offered. I play online team play in NHL. Let me know if PC is nearly as good. PC gamers come here talking about Steam and as if PC is the answer for everyone. Not true at all. There are a lot of games that are much better with a console and XBOX Live.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
i forgot that people actually played sports games
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
[QUOTE="shawn30"]

Lol, cows are drama kings these days. PS4 and Xbox one will share just about every single multi-plat game, and each will have a ton of exclusives. It'll be the extra services or the lack of wanting them that will decide. I'm more than ready for the Xbox One as I'll have the new Masss Effect series, Madden, Halo, and whatever these 15 new excluisives are where 8 are new IP's. To say the PS4 is the only hope reeks of fanboyism, IMO. PC isn't going anywhere and once MS drops there games at E3 they will be just fine.

mgs_freak91
Lemmings these days, they love paying for second hand video games. Trying to make life worse for gamers, good job you guys.

They're not even gamers. Look at what that razgriz guy said. Casuals will destroy this industry.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#114 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

wiiu is fine it just needs its big guns

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#115 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

If that's the only console that can save next gen then console gaming has gone downhill with lack of competition...

tumle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 tumle
Member since 2004 • 1274 Posts

What I'm reading is people bitching about features they don't need to use. And used game purchasers who, let's face it, no one cares about. Ghost_702

No people are bitching over the fact that they wanted to see a console release and get all the bad rumors debunked.

But instead we got a set top box, and all the bad rumors was confirmed...

If you are releasing a games console, why is it that at the wherry first showing of the thing, they concentrate on almost everything other than gameing??

and lemmings then boast about how they have like 15 exclusives in the first year, Sony better watch out.. WUT?  Sony showed of 3 exclusive at there event, that would be ready for the launch Window, and still has more for E3. Not to mention that we don't know what over half of these new exclusives are, it could be Sesame Street 2 for all we know :D

tumle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 tumle
Member since 2004 • 1274 Posts

If that's the only console that can save next gen then console gaming has gone downhill with lack of competition...

mitu123

Yea well I hope that MS will learn and change there strategy like Sony did this gen:)

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts
[QUOTE="I_can_haz"][QUOTE="robokill"]seriously though, once you have a pc hooked up to a high def tv you realize there's no reason to get a console, ever. The real problem is that you can't update and control things on a console at your own will.Sonny360Elite

Exactly right. I play mostly online sports games. PS3 has MLB The Show which is the best baseball game offered. I play online team play in NHL. Let me know if PC is nearly as good. PC gamers come here talking about Steam and as if PC is the answer for everyone. Not true at all. There are a lot of games that are much better with a console and XBOX Live.

Yea I even forgot sports games. They are almost non existent on PC.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#119 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Way to early to determine that.

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#120 sune_Gem
Member since 2006 • 12463 Posts

mitu123

Or Atari and Sega may rise from the ashes to rival them! :shock:

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#121 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

As a neutral who basically had the Xbox's bought for me in both generations, i guess it will be the end of an era so to speak to get a PS4 consiering all i put into the previous console but it'll have to be a PS4.

curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#122 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts

With Nintendo out of the picture for now (WiiU flop and Nintendo absent from E3)

and Microsoft who have just recently dug their own grave

does Sony realize they have the chance to get the ENTIRE market in the palm of their hands?

GrayF0X786
I think they do. The thing that they need to do is DO NOT F#CK THIS UP. Just that. They don't even need something amazing. Playing it safe will be enough,
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

I think the Xbox will still do well enough and the Nintendo has always been in steady third place as far as recognition. 

Cant say PS4 wont have a better market share, they should if they dont embarrass themselves like MS, but they wont own the market by any means.

Szminsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Szminsky
Member since 2005 • 1471 Posts

I'm not into "used" games, I like it mint, but "Always on" is a complete let-downer for me though. I actually like the simple design of the X1. Think I'll go Ps4 in the end. Let's see what E3 will bring.

BadNewsBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#125 BadNewsBen
Member since 2009 • 1493 Posts
Most of the things mentioned by Microsoft don't bother me. I don't really buy used games, I don't sell my games, I don't play offline (though, I often have my internet go out randomly), I don't mind the Kinect being plugged in as long as I don't have to be in a living room to play it (I like in an apartment that can't even support the Kinect), etc. etc. What DOES bother me, however, is that Microsoft seemingly doesn't give a darn that they are pissing off a large part of their consumer base. That doesn't bode well for me in the future, which almost assuredly will push me towards a PS4 until I see otherwise.
crusadernm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 crusadernm
Member since 2009 • 1609 Posts
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]Isnt sony actually do a lot of the same as the xbox one? the whole focus on social centric stuff people whinged about, then people whine bout the xbox doing the same, newsflash kiddies and basement dwellers people want their little black boxes to do more than just gaming.

Will PS4 require and internet connection and will it block used games? I don't think so. Until then...

Didn't Sony say it will be up to the developers and publishers?
I_Even_Lift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 I_Even_Lift
Member since 2013 • 89 Posts
PS4 is looking VERY good, but it seems Nintendo is the only one that remembers what a gaming console is. I dont get this board. Everybody thats raging against XB1 should be embracing the WiiU, but instead they're cheering for the XB1's slightly more attractive sis.
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#128 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
No used games = no buy for me. And I couldn't care less about being able to switch back and forth from TV to apps to games; when I buy a console, I buy it for the goddamn games, not so it can fill some all-in-one entertainment center niche. I actually thought Sony would be this desperate to make the next Playstation all about being some jack-of-all-trades shitbox since they didn't do extraordinarily well this gen, but imagine my surprise when Microsoft thinks they need to compete directly with Nintendo for control of the casual market by releasing a glorified cable box and Sony realizes that gamers determine whether a console succeeds or fails.
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#129 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
[QUOTE="crusadernm"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]Isnt sony actually do a lot of the same as the xbox one? the whole focus on social centric stuff people whinged about, then people whine bout the xbox doing the same, newsflash kiddies and basement dwellers people want their little black boxes to do more than just gaming.

Will PS4 require and internet connection and will it block used games? I don't think so. Until then...

Didn't Sony say it will be up to the developers and publishers?

How is leaving it up to third parties worse than making the restriction of used games a feature inherent to your console?
heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

PS4 will dominate :cool:

ImBatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 ImBatman-
Member since 2013 • 1279 Posts

I feel sorry for the 2 or 3 lemmings left on here desperately trying to defend the X1. :(

razu2444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 razu2444
Member since 2010 • 820 Posts
Right
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

I think at this rate PC will be the major gaming platform again. Consoles are trying to be more like PC's with each generation with multiple uses besides gaming, they're just doing it worse. If I wanted to play a PC, I'd play a PC.

sune_Gem

Yep. I can see consoles going out of existence soon. They are lost - they have no idea what to cater and where their market is. They are trying hard to be a multimedia box with TV shows, apps, sport garbage when they are supposed to be focused on GAMES. They are also wannabe PC that runs games terribly with framerates between 15fps to 25fps. They just don't make any sense anymore. Consoles are a mess.

PC is the way to go, and it will become major after all of this mess of console gaming.

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

Everything about the PS4 sounds golden so far. I just really need to know the price and if the playing online is still free.

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

And this is coming from a person who's never owned a Sony console. The Wii U has already proven to be a very predictable flop, and now with the incredibly unimpressive Xbox One reveal (stupid console name too) which barely even seems to have games in mind over watching TV and looking up sports news, it's looking like the PS4 is the last hope for an actual gaming console next generation. Right?

sune_Gem
yep. i agree.
buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

Everything about the PS4 sounds golden so far. I just really need to know the price and if the playing online is still free.

Kingpin0114
except the controller. they need to move on. if sony AT LEAST offered a second controller option a the left thumbstick where the d-pad is, they would win over like (guessing here) 75% of former xbox360 owners instantly. i'm ready for them to announce it. if sony does that, i'm buying one at launch.
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#137 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

ps4/pc combo is looking really good again this gen

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Sonny360Elite
[QUOTE="Kingpin0114"]

buccomatic
except the controller. they need to move on. if sony AT LEAST offered a second controller option a the left thumbstick where the d-pad is, they would win over like (guessing here) 75% of former xbox360 owners instantly. i'm ready for them to announce it. if sony does that, i'm buying one at launch.

There are always 3rd party controllers that allow you to use a controller similar to a 360 controller. I would just suggest looking for one like that. Personally I think the PS has a better controller for someone like me.
FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts
I heard that SONY plans to charge for online multiplayer on PS4? Anyone know if that's true? They said they think they remember reading it in Game Informer.Sonny360Elite
Yes I heard this too, just a rumor. If they are I don't think they know how to go about telling everyone.
HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

I don't know man I think us cows are in for a rough time. The X1 is going to murder our beloved PS4 and we are going to have to rage about it on the internet for the next 8 years :cry:

jg780000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 jg780000
Member since 2003 • 95 Posts
Get your facts straight.You do not always have to be online to play a game.You just have to log on at least once a day.Its really not a big deal,unless your a sony fanboy.