PS4 Is The Last Hope For Next Gen

• 141 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

So... only "pro XBox One" threads are getting locken in SW, I see.

Perhaps the moderators are cows...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts
Didn't they say that games will be revealed at E3? Just hold on before assuming this system is a flop.
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

With Nintendo out of the picture for now (WiiU flop and Nintendo absent from E3)

and Microsoft who have just recently dug their own grave

does Sony realize they have the chance to get the ENTIRE market in the palm of their hands?

I_can_haz

:cool:I think Kaz does.....

haha love these gifs!

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Yeah. It further proves that console gaming is dying.

Xbox dONE and Wii-U are dead. They are no longer for gamers as a target audience.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60722 Posts
Why not wait to see what games are available? That's what I'm doing.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
help me ken kutaragi you're my only hope
Avatar image for Ravenlore_basic
Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#57 Ravenlore_basic
Member since 2003 • 4319 Posts

Isnt sony actually do a lot of the same as the xbox one? the whole focus on social centric stuff people whinged about, then people whine bout the xbox doing the same, newsflash kiddies and basement dwellers people want their little black boxes to do more than just gaming.razgriz_101

Please watch the Sony conference again.  I was sad to see that share button, but the conectivity and social apsect that Sony talked about (still not all happy about it as I play single player games) was more game centric.  

Microsoft went all in with everything that had NOTHING to do with Games not even social gaming.  To ME (my 2 cents) microsoft was selling to people who do not play games. 

1. no need for a remote
  2. no need for a phone that does many of the same apps
  3. no need for a cable box, or if you have one it can conect to Xbox one
  4. no need for.... Xbox one it only does everythin (that was stupid when Sony said it but now Microsoft is taking it to a whole new level)  

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
i should watch the sony conference i haven't seen it the ps4 controller has a touch screen?
Avatar image for Ravenlore_basic
Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Ravenlore_basic
Member since 2003 • 4319 Posts

So... only "pro XBox One" threads are getting locken in SW, I see.

Perhaps the moderators are cows...

StormyJoe

they locked plenty of Pro PS threads.... the news even if it was about Microsoft's whatever some how got back to sony sold less.  

Maybe they changed their minds after Microsoft's conference. 

Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Nohtnym
Member since 2010 • 1552 Posts

If ps4 isnt as expensive as ps3, I will buy it over xbox one. Why I bought 360 over ps3.

Dont screw your launch sony, please. You can easily win Europe (except maybe UK) and Japan, also put up a good fight againts xbox one in USA.

javydejuncos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 javydejuncos
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Again I can't just help but feel that all the consoles are going to sell about the same. unless the xbox 1 actually goes through with the always online thing, if so I see it as the loser this generation, but the Wii U and ps4 should have similar sales.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
HEY have they actually shown what the ps4 looks like?
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]Isnt sony actually do a lot of the same as the xbox one? the whole focus on social centric stuff people whinged about, then people whine bout the xbox doing the same, newsflash kiddies and basement dwellers people want their little black boxes to do more than just gaming.SaltyMeatballs
Will PS4 require and internet connection and will it block used games? I don't think so. Until then...

Im' just quoting you to say this : you're sig, it's retarded. PS4 > PC? Welcome to opposite land friends!

MrSpieleMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 MrSpieleMaster
Member since 2013 • 89 Posts
Ha. Not even close. You can't win against 15 exclusives in the first year. Poor cows.
Oil_Rope_Bombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Oil_Rope_Bombs
Member since 2010 • 2667 Posts
yes
shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

Isnt sony actually do a lot of the same as the xbox one? the whole focus on social centric stuff people whinged about, then people whine bout the xbox doing the same, newsflash kiddies and basement dwellers people want their little black boxes to do more than just gaming.razgriz_101

True. The difference is Sony placed emphasis on gaming in their presentation. MS showing just didn't have the "gaming" vibe I would of expected. They've lost focus.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115434 Posts

Gonna wait for a ps4 price drop, if I bother at all.

dommeus
probably the same in this case.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts
If PS4 is the last hope for consoles then i'd go PC.
sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#69 sune_Gem
Member since 2006 • 12463 Posts

I think at this rate PC will be the major gaming platform again. Consoles are trying to be more like PC's with each generation with multiple uses besides gaming, they're just doing it worse. If I wanted to play a PC, I'd play a PC.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#70 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

The fact that Microsoft and Sony are placing more precedence on home theater features for their devices over actual gaming content is indicative of how consoles can't survive as pure gaming machines anymore. More people are using their Xboxes as home theater systems to watch Netflix and TV more than anything else. 

Core gamers are disappointed with the reveals. But guess what? The new consoles aren't necessarily catered to that crowd. They are catered towards the home theater crowd seeking one simple device that can deal with all of their entertainment needs (besides gaming, of course).

I was very impressed with the Xbox One from a home theater standpoint... But, I dunno if I'll actually buy one. Most of my gaming will likely remain on a PC. 

robbie80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 robbie80
Member since 2005 • 988 Posts

Xbox dONE and Wii-U are dead. They are no longer for gamers as a target audience.

Cyberdot
yea but no one gona buy a expensive PC just to game that why people buy console there affordable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="Cyberdot"]

robbie80
yea but no one gona buy a expensive PC just to game that why people buy console there affordable.

what are you even talking about
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

[QUOTE="Cyberdot"]

robbie80

1. You dont need an expensive PC to beat consoles'

2. PC has more gamers than any single console, not including social/casual games.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Lol, cows are drama kings these days. PS4 and Xbox one will share just about every single multi-plat game, and each will have a ton of exclusives. It'll be the extra services or the lack of wanting them that will decide. I'm more than ready for the Xbox One as I'll have the new Masss Effect series, Madden, Halo, and whatever these 15 new excluisives are where 8 are new IP's. To say the PS4 is the only hope reeks of fanboyism, IMO. PC isn't going anywhere and once MS drops there games at E3 they will be just fine.

shawn30

You said xbox will have a ton of exclusives :lol:

tumblr_lwl5yiXCR21qelj3so1_250.gif

tumle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 tumle
Member since 2004 • 1274 Posts

sure they are probably going to be able to do 99% of the same things.

But MS approach it as TV box first and a games console second, while it seems like Sony is doing it the other way around;)

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
If the PS4 let us play online free, play used and borrowed games free, and at least let us use apps like Netflix free, than my money goes to PS4. I'm interested how my friends list and Trophies will carry over too and want to know how much will the PS4 will be. E3 will be the maker or breaker.
Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts

The casuals have broken in.

The kingdom of core gamers is burning right now.

Kaz,Cerny,Yoshida...The heroes of gaming have activated the fourth incarnation of the mighty playstation,where the core gamers shall gather to make their final stand against the bro gamer degenerates.

All hail SONY!#SDC

*explosions*

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

No. Grow up.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]Isnt sony actually do a lot of the same as the xbox one? the whole focus on social centric stuff people whinged about, then people whine bout the xbox doing the same, newsflash kiddies and basement dwellers people want their little black boxes to do more than just gaming.shellcase86

True. The difference is Sony placed emphasis on gaming in their presentation. MS showing just didn't have the "gaming" vibe I would of expected. They've lost focus.

E3 conference and drop the megatons. gives them an extra 2 weeks to fix up trailers and all that.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
Unlike idiots who are blowing their loads way too early after just the reveal of the X1 in which MS said many times that the focus wasn't going to be games, Im gonna wait until there is more information on both consoles. There is still a lot we dont know about the PS4. It will probably be 2-3 years before any of the consoles are any good, just like this gen.
Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

Theres a difference the social stuff  still revolves around gaming with PS4. Like your friend coming into help you in a game, or sharing gameplay with the share button. PS4 is not trying to be the next big TV program like Xbox One is. PS4 is trying to be the next Gaming Platform, with social elements still reacting to games.

lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts

If M$ bails out on the E3 conference, and are going to talk about TV crap. Then Sony is the ultimate saviour this gen. The only console that does gaming.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#83 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

And this is coming from a person who's never owned a Sony console. The Wii U has already proven to be a very predictable flop, and now with the incredibly unimpressive Xbox One reveal (stupid console name too) which barely even seems to have games in mind over watching TV and looking up sports news, it's looking like the PS4 is the last hope for an actual gaming console next generation. Right?

sune_Gem
Agreed..
KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#84 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Xbox one is the biggest joke console i have ever seen. The Wii U was bad, but man this is far worse.

-Controller needs AA batteries

-Internet connection required

-TV tuner (rather just use my remote than buy a new console to change the channel! LOL)

-Weaker than PS4

-Less first party games (they wanna compete with sony exclusives? good luck lol)

-Kinect (always on, always watching, always hearing... imagine playing online with all the trash talking we do.... what will kinect do? what will your mom do when she wants the console off? Xbox off!) xD

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Xbox one is the biggest joke console i have ever seen. The Wii U was bad, but man this is far worse.

-TV tuner (rather just use my remote than buy a new console to change the channel! LOL)

-Weaker than PS4

-Less first party games (they wanna compete with sony exclusives? good luck lol)

-Kinect (always on, always watching, always hearing... imagine playing online with all the trash talking we do.... what will kinect do? what will your mom do when she wants the console off? Xbox off!) xD

KillzoneSnake

It also blocks used games and charges you to play your games online while throwing ads in your face.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#86 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

I for sure want a PS4. I'll support Sony if they keep doing right. No online fee to play games online or a fee for basic things like netflix or browsing the web.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

In summary, Yes.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#88 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
What I'm reading is people bitching about features they don't need to use. And used game purchasers who, let's face it, no one cares about.
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

-Weaker than PS4

KillzoneSnake
Controller needs AA batteries Lol, so what? OMG that's a huge deal to you?! -Internet connection required Only once a day, and not for watching movies or streaming or gaming - look it up -TV tuner (rather just use my remote than buy a new console to change the channel! LOL) So you can control your gaming and TV with Kinect voice and motion, lol -Weaker than PS4 Games will show that, not specs. Specs dont make games great, developers do. Try again :) -Less first party games (they wanna compete with sony exclusives? good luck lol) 15 exclusives in year one alone, 8 new Ip's thats a great start - More than enough for me -Kinect (always on, always watching, always hearing... imagine playing online with all the trash talking we do.... what will kinect do? what will your mom do when she wants the console off? Xbox off!) xD Your mom? LMAO! Kinect will have controls as well. Cows, I swear you're trying so damn hard :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
What I'm reading is people bitching about features they don't need to use. And used game purchasers who, let's face it, no one cares about. Ghost_702
what you're reading is that microsoft is spending boatloads of money on stuff that no one (read: me + obviously other gamers) want instead of, you know, GAMES
ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

Indeed only Sony can safe console gaming now.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts
Console gaming is looking dire at the moment, glad I am updating my PC to beast level. I really can't see consoles existing after this generation.OhJayDubya
strongly agree with this guy, Im sticking with my PC, I have always been a PC gamer anyway by far the best platform.
KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#93 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Controller needs AA batteries Lol, so what? OMG that's a huge deal to you?! -Internet connection required Only once a day, and not for watching movies or streaming or gaming - look it up -TV tuner (rather just use my remote than buy a new console to change the channel! LOL) So you can control your gaming and TV with Kinect voice and motion, lol -Weaker than PS4 Games will show that, not specs. Specs dont make games great, developers do. Try again :) -Less first party games (they wanna compete with sony exclusives? good luck lol) 15 exclusives in year one alone, 8 new Ip's thats a great start - More than enough for me -Kinect (always on, always watching, always hearing... imagine playing online with all the trash talking we do.... what will kinect do? what will your mom do when she wants the console off? Xbox off!) xD Your mom? LMAO! Kinect will have controls as well. Cows, I swear you're trying so damn hard :)shawn30

1. Well enjoy buying another recharge kit lol

2. Dont wanna control anything with my voice. Thats just a gimmick. I wanna play games thats it.

3. Good luck to your devs (the few of them) PS4 is stronger by a good amount, best graphics, best multiplats on PS4

4. 15 exclusives? How many little arcade games? Thats a joke number.

5. There better be an option to turn that kinect thing off xD

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

And this is coming from a person who's never owned a Sony console. The Wii U has already proven to be a very predictable flop, and now with the incredibly unimpressive Xbox One reveal (stupid console name too) which barely even seems to have games in mind over watching TV and looking up sports news, it's looking like the PS4 is the last hope for an actual gaming console next generation. Right?

StormyJoe

The reaction in SW is facinating to me. For 12 years, it's been known that MS entered the console race to control the living room (in response to Sony potenially doing that). For several years, Hermits have been claiming "consoles are going to die". For the entire current gen, Cows have been touting how the PS3 is better than the 360 because of things like Blu-Ray ("it's more expensive because it has more features").

So, when MS runs with these concepts and creates the XBox One, answering all the critiques, and fanboys turn around and bash it.

Well that's one shitty answer then. The fvck are you gonna say about a conference supposedly about a new GAMING console that's mostly talked about TV and shit?
Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

It seems that way

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"]Console gaming is looking dire at the moment, glad I am updating my PC to beast level. I really can't see consoles existing after this generation.ProjectPat187
strongly agree with this guy, Im sticking with my PC, I have always been a PC gamer anyway by far the best platform.

Unless the PC can play all those consoles games, I doubt console gaming will go away.
ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts
[QUOTE="ProjectPat187"][QUOTE="OhJayDubya"]Console gaming is looking dire at the moment, glad I am updating my PC to beast level. I really can't see consoles existing after this generation.rjdofu

Unless the PC can play all those consoles games, I doubt console gaming will go away.

im not worried if consoles stay or die, Im still sticking with the best platform the PC, besides I buy all the consoles anyway just so i can play the few games I do like on the consoles.
FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts
Maybe is Sony sells some more buildings it will help them with this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
the last best hope for humanity! /babylon 5